Tagg Romney claims Mitt did not want to run for President

by Rodan ( 16 Comments › )
Filed under Business, Elections 2012, Headlines, Mitt Romney, Republican Party at December 24th, 2012 - 9:40 pm

There were times I felt the Romney campaign was a scam. He didn’t fight back against Obama until after the 1st debate. Romney was lackadaisical and seem as if he didn’t care. According to his son Tagg, Mitt did not even want to run for President.

Mitt Romney didn’t really want to win, his son Tagg Romney claims in a recent interview.

“He wanted to be president less than anyone I’ve met in my life,” Tagg Romney told the Boston Globe. “If he could have found someone else to take his place . . . he would have been ecstatic to step aside.”

The oldest Romney son said his father is a “private person” who wanted to help put the country back on its feet, but hated the limelight that came with presidential politics.

Tagg Romney told the newspaper that he and his mother Ann had to convince Mitt Romney to run for the presidency.

I had begun to respect Mitt Romney in the final weeks of the campaign. Now I have no respect for him. He lead people on and wasted the millions of dollars of donors and the time of volunteers. This is disgraceful and confirms what I suspected. The Romney campaign was a scam to make money for consultants. Mitt added a Presidential run to his resume to get a good private sector position.

This is just so wrong on so many levels.

Tags:

Comments

16 Responses to “Tagg Romney claims Mitt did not want to run for President”

1. 1 | December 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Let’s say for the sake of discussion that Tagg is correct. This leads to the question THEN WHY THE HELL DID HE RUN????

2. 2 | December 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Macker wrote:

Exactly, this is just so wrong.

3. 3 | December 24, 2012 10:25 pm

That’s friggin’ pathetic. What a waste of party money & volunteer time, supporting someone who didn’t want the job, running against someone who, I’m sure, would have no qualms about being declared ‘President for Life’ by the O-Bots and the MSM. But I repeat myself.

4. EBL
    4 | December 24, 2012 11:36 pm

Come on. Mitt is a grand father and hardly trying to get a job. He has a sizable fortune. I do not disagree with you on his lack of fighting back, but it was out of some mistake on Mitt’s part that fighting would not work. Maybe in his heart he was not ready to fight for the job, but it was not about getting a private sector position.

5. EBL
    5 | December 24, 2012 11:37 pm

I am bitter that he lost. Unfortunately I doubt know Newt and Rick Santorum would not have done better. We need better candidates running.

6 | December 24, 2012 11:56 pm

@ EBL:

No kidding. What job does “losing presidential candidate” get you, anyway?

7. EBL
    7 | December 25, 2012 3:53 am

Basically you are a running joke for a few years, till they forget about you completely. @ lobo91:

8. 8 | December 25, 2012 8:39 am

He never wanted the job, and it showed in the debates and in his campaign. No wonder the RINOs anointed him – they were certain that he was the one candidate who could not possibly win!

The bottom line is that the RINOs paid for him to run a lackadaisical campaign, after they had already trashed every GOP candidate who actually DID want to win.

Shame on Mitt for being willing to play that disgraceful role. If he’d had any spine, he would have refused, but then, he was a flip flopper from the get-go.

No wonder he was so happy to concede, even though the evidence of vote fraud was overwhelming. He could have fought it, but no, he didn’t want the job in the first place.

9. Fritz Katz
    9 | December 25, 2012 9:09 am

EBL wrote:

The conservatives/libertarians had a circular firing squad. This assured the RINO would win.

There is a simple solution — conservatives start their candidate selection process in January, 2013. Weed out the candidates with just us voting (perhaps restrict voting to Heritage Foundation membership). Then in early 2015 we coalesce around a single conservative and whoop the RINO’s arse.

A great philosopher once said: “Conservatism will always win when it’s articulated properly“. I think Allen West can articulate our position and I’d love to see him as our president.

Otherwise we’re looking at a repeat performance with Chris Christie as our standard bearer.

10 | December 25, 2012 11:06 am

He made sure Newt wasn’t nominated

11. taxfreekiller
    11 | December 25, 2012 11:59 am

Like we did not notice:

12 | December 25, 2012 2:28 pm

I guess I could have found more useful things to do with the $105.00 I sent him during the campaign. Tagg should have kept his fucking mouth shut!

13 | December 25, 2012 2:29 pm

EBL wrote:

The sad thing is that Romney gave us our best chance to win. Santourm is too odious and Newt has way too much baggage.

14. 14 | December 25, 2012 2:39 pm

Speranza wrote:

Now we have to wonder how many folks will demand their contributions back?

15 | December 25, 2012 5:00 pm

Macker wrote:

Speranza wrote:

Now we have to wonder how many folks will demand their contributions back?

Heh heh not a bad idea! We were defrauded by hucksterism.

16 | December 29, 2012 4:24 am

looks like my gut was right on mitt from the beginning.