by 1389AD ( 117 Comments › )
Filed under Humor, Music, Open thread at December 26th, 2012 - 3:00 pm

On YouTube:

Published on Nov 21, 2012 by KevinFowlerBand

Visit http://www.kevinfowler.com/freesong to download this song for free!

Tags:

Comments

117 Responses to “Kevin Fowler – Santa Got Busted By The Border Patrol (Featuring Ray Benson) – Lyric Video”

1. eaglesoars
    1 | December 26, 2012 3:21 pm

1389AD I know you love cats so this is for you

Big Cat Rescue’s Annual Christmas Tree Massacre

hopelessly cute/funny

Merry Christmas!

2. 2 | December 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Okay, if it’s got Ray Benson in it, I’ll watch it…

3 | December 26, 2012 3:33 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    man, those guys are just awesome…the most beautiful creatures in the entire animal world

4. 4 | December 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Heh. Pretty good…

5. eaglesoars
    5 | December 26, 2012 3:45 pm

Awesome is the word

Years ago I was at the Big Cat House at the San Fran Zoo during feeding time. The female lions came in first, then the male lions -- all in separate pens. The male lions started ‘huffing’ over to the females. I thought that was pretty impressive. Then the tiger came in and just laid down.

In comes the guy with the horsemeat in the wheelbarrow. Portions into each pen.

Except the tiger didn’t want the horsemeat. It wanted the guy driving the wheelbarrow. It was the most terrifying display of raw animal power I’ve ever seen. I honestly was not certain the bars would hold that tiger.

6 | December 26, 2012 3:47 pm

@ eaglesoars:

And yet there are people who think they can keep them as pets…

7 | December 26, 2012 3:49 pm

There’s a name for such people: Stupid

Or possibly: Lunch

8. citizen_q
    8 | December 26, 2012 3:51 pm

I was thinking food.

9. eaglesoars
    9 | December 26, 2012 3:57 pm

There’s a name for such people: Stupid

Or possibly: Lunch

It was the first time I’d been that close to an actual tiger (I’m talking 6 ft away). They are HUGE. So I’d say more like hors d’œuvre

10. 10 | December 26, 2012 4:04 pm

From the previous thread:

I hear people on this blog talking about how many guns they have, but I am not hearing any talk of any armed insurrection to return the US to constitutional government. That’s what it would take, and it will not happen. There’s no leadership.

This is highly irresponsible rhetoric that should be removed.

11. 11 | December 26, 2012 4:06 pm

I never heard of this guy before (I don’t get out much), but this could sure be the Redneck National Anthem…

Count me in!

12. 12 | December 26, 2012 4:06 pm

Crap.

13. 13 | December 26, 2012 4:10 pm

There’s thinly veiled calls for armed insurrection on the previous thread from an admin. I’m outta here, and anyone who values their reputation should seriously consider their association.

14. eaglesoars
    14 | December 26, 2012 4:12 pm

MacDuff wrote:

This is highly irresponsible rhetoric that should be removed.

I don’t think it should be removed simply in the interest of free discourse.

I do however, consider it ‘bait’.

15. 15 | December 26, 2012 4:15 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Oh dear. Well, THIS time I can make CW happy -- DON’T come over to GCP. That’s getting to be a daily occurence there. And for good reason.

Personally, I don’t think things have gotten that bad. Yet…

16 | December 26, 2012 4:19 pm

a successful armed insurrection?…forget it, the Cubs will win back to back World Series first

17 | December 26, 2012 4:21 pm

heysoos wrote:

Depends on the meaning of “successful”…

18 | December 26, 2012 4:23 pm

I assume it means bringing down the feds and installing a new govt somehow….the notion is laughable

19 | December 26, 2012 4:25 pm

heysoos wrote:

Why? Because you think the military would just automatically go along with whatever they’re ordered to do?

Don’t count on it.

20 | December 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Don’t count on it.

ordered to do what by who?

21. eaglesoars
    21 | December 26, 2012 4:35 pm

Don’t count on it.

The oath is to the Constitution -- not the CiC

You might want to read this

RB: So you think they are separate agendas? That’s funny. The coming collapse of the U.S. dollar is a done deal. It’s been in the works for years—decades, and this is one of the most important cataclysmic events that DHS is preparing for. I almost think that DHS was created for that purpose alone, to fight Americans, not protect them, right here in America. But that’s not the only reason. There’s the gun issue too.

DH: So, what are you seeing at DHS?

RB: We don’t have a lot of time, tonight—our meeting—as well as a country. I mean I have heard—with my own ears—plans being made that originate from the White House that involve the hierarchy of DHS. You gotta know how DHS works at the highest of levels. It’s Jarrett and Napolitano, with Jarrett organizing all of the plans and approaches. She’s the one in charge, at least from my point of view, from what I am seeing. Obama knows that’s going on and has say, but it seems that Jarrett has the final say, not the other way around. It’s [screwed] up. This really went into high gear since the election.

But it’s a train wreck at mid management, but is more effective at the lower levels. A lot of police departments are being gifted with federal funds with strings attached

FWIW

22 | December 26, 2012 4:36 pm

@ heysoos:

ordered to do what by who?

You tell me. You’re the one who said the idea was “laughable.”

23. 23 | December 26, 2012 4:37 pm

heysoos wrote:

George III thought the same thing… History DOES NOT repeat itself. But it does stutter. You could fill rooms with volumes of quotations from people who swore that things that happened before could never happen again. And who were wrong.

24 | December 26, 2012 4:37 pm

@ heysoos:
    ordered to do what by who?
    You tell me. You’re the one who said the idea was “laughable.”

it still is

25 | December 26, 2012 4:37 pm

The oath is to the Constitution — not the CiC

Precisely

26 | December 26, 2012 4:38 pm

@ heysoos:
    ordered to do what by who?
    You tell me. You’re the one who said the idea was “laughable.”
    it still is

So what does that mean?

27. eaglesoars
    27 | December 26, 2012 4:40 pm

it still is

Hillary Clinton told Terry Wood’s father that ‘the film maker’ would be imprisoned -- and she said it while standing by the man’s casket.

Nakoula is still in jail.

Explain that please.

28 | December 26, 2012 4:42 pm

@ heysoos:
    ordered to do what by who?
    You tell me. You’re the one who said the idea was “laughable.”
    it still is
    So what does that mean?

the notion was laughable upthread and is laughable now…but then I guess armed insurrection would have to be defined more precise

29 | December 26, 2012 4:43 pm

it still is
    Hillary Clinton told Terry Wood’s father that ‘the film maker’ would be imprisoned — and she said it while standing by the man’s casket.
    Nakoula is still in jail.
    Explain that please.

I understand he is in jail for probation violations involving the internet

30. eaglesoars
    30 | December 26, 2012 4:45 pm

I understand he is in jail for probation violations involving the internet

And if you believe that I have a bridge…………………

31 | December 26, 2012 4:47 pm

I understand he is in jail for probation violations involving the internet
    And if you believe that I have a bridge…………………

it’s the truth…why wouldn’t it be…the guy was charged with 8 counts of violation and pled guilty to 4

32 | December 26, 2012 4:47 pm

@ heysoos:

I’m still waiting to hear why you think it’s “laughable.”

33 | December 26, 2012 4:48 pm

@ heysoos:

There’s a difference between “what he was charged with” and “why he’s in prison.”

34 | December 26, 2012 4:52 pm

@ heysoos:

I’m telling you what the facts are…if he used the net he’s going to jail, and that was determined before any Muslim movie…I have not said what I think is fair or just, only that this is what it is…many people go back to jail for one violation, and he pled guilty to four….why would he do that if he was innocent?

35. 35 | December 26, 2012 4:52 pm

@ Mike C.:

ADDENDUM

Mind you, I’m certainly not calling for, or hoping for, a second revolution. I’m an old fart, without military training. I have a wife, children and grandchildren. And I think/hope there is still time to turn things around. Maybe. But if the SHTF, my guess is it won’t originate from the right. It will come as a result of the FSA getting cut off from their goodies, which is about as likely as gravity continuing. Then it’s going to get very ugly, and all bets are off.

All sounds like some dystopian novel, doesn’t it? But then, we’ve got a government that apparently thinks “1984″ was a roadmap, not a cautionary tale. If things go far enough, there will be a breaking point, because unlike many countries in the past, this one doesn’t have centuries or even eons of repression behind it. Some people actually still believe in those yellowed old documents drafted by the Gang of Dead White Guys. If that breaking point is reached, what’s been happening in Greece will look like a popcorn fart in a Class V hurricane.

36 | December 26, 2012 4:54 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    This is kind of Like Al Capone getting nailed for Tax violations.
    This film maker was going to jail to support the Narrative that
    a video caused Benghazi.
    Hell, Holder should be in the slam for Fast & Furious.

37 | December 26, 2012 4:56 pm

day after Christmas Miller time

38. eaglesoars
    38 | December 26, 2012 4:57 pm

I have not said what I think is fair or just, only that this is what it is

You are ignoring the fact that Hillary lied to the father of one of the men murdered at Benghazi -- she blamed it on the film maker

This has been a monumental set up -- and not one peep out of the lame stream media. The Benghazi report was a whitewash -- nowhere do we find how this film came to be scapegoated. Now we find that the so-called ‘resignations’ at State were completely bogus.

Wake up.

39 | December 26, 2012 4:59 pm

I have not said what I think is fair or just, only that this is what it is
    You are ignoring the fact that Hillary lied to the father of one of the men murdered at Benghazi — she blamed it on the film maker
    This has been a monumental set up — and not one peep out of the lame stream media. The Benghazi report was a whitewash — nowhere do we find how this film came to be scapegoated. Now we find that the so-called ‘resignations’ at State were completely bogus.
    Wake up.

why do you say that?….why are you ignoring the other facts to this case?…the idea being if he posted a Daffy Duck cartoon he’d have been in violation…I’m not judging it one way or the other here

40 | December 26, 2012 5:00 pm

There is an on-line petition to deport Piers Morgan
    for his hit on the NRA & the Second Amendment.
    It is funny, but it gets better.
    The petition is on the WH website .
    They have obligated themselves to respond to any
    petition with at least 25,000 signatures.
    As of this morning there were 75,000.

41. eaglesoars
    41 | December 26, 2012 5:06 pm

heysoos wrote:

I’m not judging it one way or the other here

And that may be the problem.

Yes, he violated probation. But for that kind of violation, it’s a slap on the wrist.

42 | December 26, 2012 5:07 pm

@ heysoos:

Depends on what he was threatened with, doesn’t it?

As in, “It would sure suck to be you in general population with a bunch of angry Muslim converts, wouldn’t it?”

43. eaglesoars
    43 | December 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Mike C. wrote:

But if the SHTF, my guess is it won’t originate from the right.

Coward-Piven guarantees it won’t.

Economic collappse —> civil unrest —-> tyrannical gov’t in the name of order

44 | December 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Mike C. wrote:
    But if the SHTF, my guess is it won’t originate from the right.
    Coward-Piven guarantees it won’t.
    Economic collappse —> civil unrest —-> tyrannical gov’t in the name of order

Absolutely

45. eaglesoars
    45 | December 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Frustrated that people continued to consume so much alcohol even after it was banned, federal officials had decided to try a different kind of enforcement. They ordered the poisoning of industrial alcohols manufactured in the United States, products regularly stolen by bootleggers and resold as drinkable spirits. The idea was to scare people into giving up illicit drinking. Instead, by the time Prohibition ended in 1933, the federal poisoning program, by some estimates, had killed at least 10,000 people.

h/t Instapundit

46 | December 26, 2012 5:17 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Today is the first day of Kwanzaa.

Umoja (Unity): To strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community, nation, and race.
    Kujichagulia (Self-Determination): To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves, and speak for ourselves.
    Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility): To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers’ and sisters’ problems our problems, and to solve them together.
    Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics): To build and maintain our own stores, shops, and other businesses and to profit from them together.
    Nia (Purpose): To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.
    Kuumba (Creativity): To do always as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.
    Imani (Faith): To believe with all our hearts in God, our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders, and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.

47 | December 26, 2012 5:17 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

I would express that scenario more forcefully. Obama and Clinton both lied over the dead bodies of 4 Americans who were killed serving this country. They lied repeatedly to the world (Obama at the U.N.) and the American people about the cause of those deaths when they knew full well what really happened. Further, at every occasion, they lamented the existence of our First Amendment rights of freedom of speech. The whole Benghazi thing should have been reason enough, among many others, to run the entire regime out of office in November.

48 | December 26, 2012 5:17 pm

MacDuff wrote:

She is not an admin only a contributor. Nobody here wants armed insurrection.

49. eaglesoars
    49 | December 26, 2012 5:21 pm

huckfunn wrote:

The whole Benghazi thing should have been reason enough, among many others, to run the entire regime out of office in November IMPEACH

50 | December 26, 2012 5:22 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Do you remember all of those photos of obama &
    his people monitoring the take down of Bin Laden?
    Why no photos of the group during Benghazi?
    I would bet it’s because Obama went to bed & would
    not be in the photos.
    He had to fly to a fund raiser the next day & I think that
    I understand his priorities.

51 | December 26, 2012 5:23 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Today is the first day of Kwanzaa.

52 | December 26, 2012 5:24 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Amen!

53. eaglesoars
    53 | December 26, 2012 5:26 pm

@ Bumr50:

Has there been a WH dinner for them?

raaaacist!

54 | December 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Obamagabe lies to the American people with impunity and the whole world knows it. I never in my life thought we would fall so quickly (and twice at that) for a soviet style demagogue.

55 | December 26, 2012 5:40 pm

@ MacDuff:
    Speranza wrote:

MacDuff wrote:

She is not an admin only a contributor. Nobody here wants armed insurrection.

Speranza is right. The contributor you refer to is not an admin. Only the owners are admins. This is a free speech blog. Don’t get yourself too shook up over one message out of many. I see plenty of stuff here that I don’t agree with but nothing that will make me go away.

56. eaglesoars
    56 | December 26, 2012 5:43 pm

There is an on-line petition to deport Piers Morgan
    for his hit on the NRA & the Second Amendment.
    It is funny, but it gets better.

It sure does.

Now, more than 300 U.K. citizens have a message for the U.S.: Keep him. We don’t want him back.

“We got rid of him once and why should we have to suffer again,” reads the petition (which requires 500 signatures to prompt a reply from U.K. Home Secretary Theresa May).

“The Americans wanted him so they should put up with him. We washed our hands of him a long time ago.”

57 | December 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Piers Morgan isa dick with ears, but I think that the
    Brits should take him back.
    They can do whatever they want with him, just take him.

58. 58 | December 26, 2012 5:47 pm

MacDuff wrote:

She speaks for herself. None of the owners endorse a call to revolt.

59 | December 26, 2012 5:47 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Obamagabe lies to the American people with impunity and the whole world knows it. I never in my life thought we we fall y DANIEL HALPER

David Gregory mocked the NRA’s Wayne LaPierre for proposing that armed guards be at every school in America. But the NBC host seems to have no problem with armed guards protecting his kids everyday where they attend school in Washington quickly (and twice at that) for a soviet style demagogue.

60 | December 26, 2012 5:49 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Obamagabe lies to the American people with impunity and the whole world knows it. I never in my life thought we we fall so quickly (and twice at that) for a soviet style demagogue.

We did fall quickly

61. eaglesoars
    61 | December 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Piers Morgan isa dick with ears, but I think that the
    Brits should take him back.
    They can do whatever they want with him, just take him.

I think it has a lot to do with ratings. I don’t know what they are now but if it improves his ratings, he’s going to do more of it.

62 | December 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Piers Morgan isa dick with ears, but I think that the
    Brits should take him back.
    They can do whatever they want with him, just take him.

he’s a self absorbed little prick…if he lived in the real world chances are good he wouldn’t last long

63 | December 26, 2012 5:53 pm

That’s probably right.

64 | December 26, 2012 5:54 pm

@ heysoos:
    Yeah he is a self absorbed little prick & damned annoying.

65 | December 26, 2012 5:55 pm

Piers Morgan isa dick with ears, but I think that the
    Brits should take him back.
    They can do whatever they want with him, just take him.

and I said as much yesterday….he’s concerned with only two numbers, not principles or ethics or integrity…what drives him are…household viewers and bank balances…nothing else comes close in order of importance

66 | December 26, 2012 5:59 pm

@ heysoos:
    Yeah he is a self absorbed little prick & damned annoying.

don’t let him annoy you, that’s what he wants

67. eaglesoars
    67 | December 26, 2012 6:02 pm

don’t let him annoy you, that’s what he wants

Yelling at a gun rights supporter YOU’RE SHAMING YOUR COUNTRY after having been fired for publishing false photos of British troops is not annoying -- it’s hysterically funny. I would have bitch-slapped him into next week on that one -- after I got up off the floor.

68 | December 26, 2012 6:04 pm

don’t let him annoy you, that’s what he wants
    Yelling at a gun rights supporter YOU’RE SHAMING YOUR COUNTRY after having been fired for publishing false photos of British troops is not annoying — it’s hysterically funny. I would have bitch-slapped him into next week on that one — after I got up off the floor.

I agree, the MSM needs more conflict, more aggressive repudiation of liberal insanity and profound hypocrisy…it’s just not there, but I still hold some hope

69 | December 26, 2012 6:30 pm

heysoos wrote:

Now here’s a good conflict. Anti-gun fanatic, David Gregory, has a live interview with NRA president Wayne Lapierre with the sole purpose of pushing gun gontrol. In that interview, he holds up a 30 round mag which is illegal to “own or possess” in the D.C. city limits. Prior to the interview, NBC specifically asked the D.C. police if it would be OK to use such a magazine as a prop in an interview and the cops said “NO”. Gregory used it anyway and now he’s under investigation for “owning and possessing” a prohibited item. The NRA should now actually defend Gregory’s right to own such a magazine and make the case that the banning of said mag is unconstitutional. SWEET!

70 | December 26, 2012 6:31 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Today is the first day of Kwanzaa.

On the first day of Kwanzaa Obama sent to me
    A check for reparations for free.

On the second day of Kwanzaa Obama sent to me
    Two Obamaphones
    And a check for reparations for free.

On the third day of Kwanzaa Obama sent to me
    Higher electric charges
    Two Obamaphones
    And a check for reparations for free…

71 | December 26, 2012 6:34 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

On the first day of Kwanzaa Obama sent to me
    A check for reparations for free.

On the second day of Kwanzaa Obama sent to me
    Two Obamaphones
    And a check for reparations for free.

On the third day of Kwanzaa Obama sent to me
    Higher electric charges
    Two Obamaphones
    And a check for reparations for free…

On the fourth day of Kwanza Obama sent to me
    Free food stamps
    Higher electric charges
    Two Obamaphones
    And a check for reparations for free.

everyone now…

72 | December 26, 2012 6:40 pm

huckfunn wrote:

heysoos wrote:

either that or point out how easily and deliberately criminals disregard the law

73. eaglesoars
    73 | December 26, 2012 6:42 pm

huckfunn wrote:

We’ve been thru this. The NRA has no jurisdictional standing. What is even sweeter is that the defense would have to come from NBC/Gregory for something they consider indefensible.

Now usually, I like Roubini, but this is a bad idea.

NOURIEL ROUBINI, a guy who knows a lot about risk, tweets in favour of mandatory liability insurance for gun owners:

If we had liability insurance on guns, as we do 4 cars, we will see which insurance company would insure at which price folks with arsenals

So I need insurance in the event I’m sued for shooting somebody breaking into my house? Um, don’t think so.

I know many insurance companies adjust their homeowners premiums if you own what they consider a ‘high risk’ dog (dobies, rotties, etc.) but I’ve never heard of one asking about fire arms in the house.

74 | December 26, 2012 6:48 pm

@ huckfunn:

Five…gold…teeth…

75 | December 26, 2012 6:51 pm

you don’t like a law?…don’t obey it…the feds themselves have set this precedent…I fully expect to get gunned down by some punk sheriff when I tell him to go fuck himself…it’s my own doom, but I’ll go down a free man that took no shit from anybody

76 | December 26, 2012 6:56 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

We’ve been thru this. The NRA has no jurisdictional standing.

You’re right, and I know the NRA has no standing. To clarify, the NRA needs to get behind… facilitate…, fund, etc… to defend Gregory’s possession of said mag.

77 | December 26, 2012 6:57 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Five…gold…teeth…

Free Obamacare…

78. eaglesoars
    78 | December 26, 2012 6:58 pm

@ huckfunn:

agreed

79 | December 26, 2012 6:59 pm

If someone wants to think about armed insurrection that is their opinion IMO. Lot’s of room to dispute the idea. Red Dawn.

I’m not gonna get scared by it. IMO my own reasoning it would never happen unless it was a military coup over a POTUS that exceeded authority to an extreme. Or we were attacked directly.

A breakdown in social order also maybe. There are plenty of people thinking that. That they need to be able to protect themselves.

Anyone that shoots someone with a gun today for some obscure political reason they feel bad about is going to be a major loser in my book. Along the lines of the Sandy Hook shooter. Agitate at the grassroots level first and get some wisdom about persuasion and politics.

80. eaglesoars
    80 | December 26, 2012 7:01 pm

heysoos wrote:

but I’ll go down a free man that took no shit from anybody

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

81 | December 26, 2012 7:01 pm

@ eaglesoars:

My insurance company knows I have guns, because they’re covered under a separate rider as high value items.

That fact doesn’t change anything on the liability side, though.

82 | December 26, 2012 7:05 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Here in Colorado, you can’t be sued in that event, so there is no potential for liability.

83. eaglesoars
    83 | December 26, 2012 7:06 pm

That fact doesn’t change anything on the liability side, though.

Did your liability premiums increase? We have $1 mil in coverage and it’s cheap.

84 | December 26, 2012 7:07 pm

darkwords wrote:

“Armed insurrection” is as comical (as it is treasonous) as secession talk.

85 | December 26, 2012 7:09 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Nope. No reason it should, either. You can’t be sued in Colorado for shooting someone who is in your home unlawfully.

86. eaglesoars
    86 | December 26, 2012 7:23 pm

Speranza wrote:

“Armed insurrection” is as comical (as it is treasonous) as secession talk.

As it talk about “confiscation and mandatory buyback”

87 | December 26, 2012 7:25 pm

I lived in Denver for most of the 70′s…at one time there was this case…two armed intruders break into a garden level apt, right into the bedroom of the renter and his girl…both guys in the dark room and the renter pulls up his 12g and fires…there is a short gunfight in the room and a bad guy is killed…the second bad guy goes back out the window and attempts to flee…the renter goes out the same window, chases the bad guy down and kills him too…the renter was then charged with some degree of murder for his pursuit and nimble trigger finger…a huge trial, a huge outrage, a huge division broke out…but in the end the renter was justified and vindicated and a cheer arose across the city…that was like ’77 or so and I don’t know what’s going on up there now…but the overwhelming opinion at that time was protect yourself and to hell with the rest…it was a profound thing for me back then

88. eaglesoars
    88 | December 26, 2012 7:26 pm

That’s why I don’t understand Roubini’s idea of mandatory liability insurance. I don’t think he gets it.

89 | December 26, 2012 7:29 pm

@ heysoos:

Under current Colorado law, the first shooting was fine, and the second wasn’t. You can never account for what a jury will do, but according to the law, he had no right to chase the second guy down.

In the case I was inteviewed about recently, the grand jury declined to indict the store owner, but he was definitely in the wrong.

90 | December 26, 2012 7:32 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

It depends on the state, of course.

The reality is that if you look at it from the standpoint of risk to the insurance company, owning a gun really shouldn’t affect someone’s liability much, anyway. The odds of any given gun owner actually shooting someone are pretty slim, compared to other things your insurance covers.

91. eaglesoars
    91 | December 26, 2012 7:35 pm

No kidding. Our neighbor’s idiot son thought it would be a good idea to skateboard down the steps at the end of our sidewalk.

I threw him off the property.

sheesh

92 | December 26, 2012 7:37 pm

@ eaglesoars:

And of course the factor that guy isn’t considering is the fact that the majority of shootings are done by people who don’t legally own their guns in the first place.

How do you get them to buy insurance? Obviously, you can’t, so the plan would be to make the rest of us pay, instead.

93. 93 | December 26, 2012 7:43 pm

heysoos wrote:

Where have you been? The Cubs won back-to-back World Series in ’07 and ’08! That was after losing the Series to their rival Chicago White Sox in ’06.

So, the Cubs have won back-to-back World Series already. You may have missed a few other things that have been in the news since then. The Titanic sunk in 1912. There was a great World War in Europe from 1914 to 1918. The US went dry in the 1920s. There was a Great Depression in the 1930s (almost as bad as the one Obama has us in now). There was a Second World War from 1939 to 1945 ending with atomic bombs being dropped in Japan. Also, men have walked on the Moon.

So, don’t tell people that anything might happen after the Cubs win back-to-back World Series. Otherwise, they will wonder how little history you actually know, as 1907 and 1908 were over 100 years ago!

94. eaglesoars
    94 | December 26, 2012 7:43 pm

For a smart guy Roubine dropped the ball:

“Those most at risk to commit a gun crime would be known to the actuaries doing the research for insurers…

Those ‘most at risk to commit a gun crime’ are by definition criminals. I can’t see that it’s stopped them from illegally possessing fire arms.

95. brookly red
    95 | December 26, 2012 7:45 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I don’t think mandatory insurance is going to solve anything and is un-enforceable, BUT voluntary insurance is a good idea, no?

96 | December 26, 2012 7:47 pm

CzechRebel wrote:

heysoos wrote:

heh, good one…obviously you caught me with my Cubs pants down…let’s play two!

97 | December 26, 2012 7:51 pm

@ brookly red:

It does exist, for people so inclined.

I carry accidental injury and professional liability insurance for my training business, but not for the possibility of self defense.

98. brookly red
    98 | December 26, 2012 7:52 pm

unless of course you miss… shit happens.

99 | December 26, 2012 7:54 pm

@ eaglesoars:

The standard meme on the anti-gun side is that it’s just a matter of time before anyone who owns a gun murders someone.

100 | December 26, 2012 7:55 pm

brookly red wrote:

unless of course you miss… shit happens.

We were talking about being sued either by a criminal or his family for shooting him.

101. brookly red
    101 | December 26, 2012 7:55 pm

@ brookly red:

It does exist, for people so inclined.

well OK the odds are in your favor but the rates are cheap and it doesn’t even need to be a bodily injury a stray shot could do property damage, but again the odds are great.

102. eaglesoars
    102 | December 26, 2012 8:00 pm

brookly red wrote:

a stray shot could do property damage, but again the odds are great.

There was a case a few years ago -- forget where -- a hunter’s shot went astray and killed a woman in her yard. He was prosecuted but I never heard the verdict.

103. brookly red
    103 | December 26, 2012 8:02 pm

brookly red wrote:

a stray shot could do property damage, but again the odds are great.

There was a case a few years ago — forget where — a hunter’s shot went astray and killed a woman in her yard. He was prosecuted but I never heard the verdict.

I like to insure every thing I can insure, there are lawyers lurking everywhere…

104 | December 26, 2012 8:03 pm

brookly red wrote:
    a stray shot could do property damage, but again the odds are great.

I’m from lower Michigan…we think anyone who needs a rifle to kill a friggin white tail, is a sissy…we use shotguns

105. brookly red
    105 | December 26, 2012 8:06 pm

brookly red wrote:
    a stray shot could do property damage, but again the odds are great.

//in Brooklyn we sneaks up be-hides dem and shanks wit a screwdriver

106. 106 | December 26, 2012 8:07 pm

@ heysoos:
    OK, we can play two, but only if Leo Durocher is the manager. Play a little Steve Goodman music while we make up the line up card. Just have to pick a starting pitcher. Ferguson Jenkins? Grover Cleveland Alexander? Hippo Vaughn? Dizzy Dean pitched for the Cubs for a while, how about him?

107. 107 | December 26, 2012 8:10 pm

New Thread.

108 | December 26, 2012 8:12 pm

@ CzechRebel:
    @ CzechRebel:
    whenever Dizzy Dean’s name comes up, I like to point out I met him, at Comiskey Park…as an announcer of course…my family were Sox fans

109. Guggi
    109 | December 26, 2012 8:13 pm

Hurricane Shows Fragility of City’s Mental Health System

(…)

Psychiatric hospital admission is always a judgment call. But in the city, according to hospital records and interviews with psychiatrists and veteran advocates of community care, the odds of securing mental health treatment in a crisis have worsened significantly since the hurricane. Its surge knocked out several of the city’s largest psychiatric hospitals, disrupted outpatient services and flooded scores of coastal nursing homes and “adult homes” where many mentally ill people had found housing of last resort.

(…)

110 | December 26, 2012 8:14 pm

brookly red wrote:

brookly red wrote:
    a stray shot could do property damage, but again the odds are great.

//in Brooklyn we sneaks up be-hides dem and shanks wit a screwdriver

Up here we run ‘em down with old Ford pickups… :wink:

111 | December 26, 2012 8:30 pm

@ 84 Speranza: Treat it as alternative fiction.

112. 112 | December 26, 2012 8:31 pm

@ CzechRebel:
    @ CzechRebel:

I had to check Dean’s broadcasting career. I guess he did not retire until 1965. I had been thinking he was only broadcasting in the 1940s or early 1950s. So, you might be a relatively young fellow after all.

113 | December 26, 2012 8:32 pm

@ 86 eaglesoars:I just Americans should be mature about Gun onwership. Confiscating guns is trying to kill a fly on a glass table with a hammer. Reward those people who are responsible, disengage those who are not.

114 | December 26, 2012 8:37 pm

@ 87 heysoos: If two people attacked me when I am living peacefully in my home with no motivation to screw people over, then I am going to kill both of them if I can. Even if a surviving one is running away. He’s a criminal!!!! I fully expect him to return with a different friend to finish off his easy mark or close his own deal on some perverted sense of respect he has. I expect society and its laws to leverage this guy way way way before he ever thinks about robbing me. IMO the local government would be at fault for failing to maintain order. Stiffer drug penalties, GPS tracking of repeaters, isolation of thugs to snake plisken land.

115 | December 26, 2012 8:39 pm

@ 96 heysoos: I didn’t have a bet on them in 07 so it doesn’t count to me. Same for the vikings.

116. 116 | December 26, 2012 10:08 pm

Speranza wrote:

MacDuff wrote:

She is not an admin only a contributor. Nobody here wants armed insurrection.

Yes, I am a contributor.

All I said was that we have already lost the US, that it would take an armed insurrection to restore the Republic under the Constitution, and that there will be no such insurrection.

I also said that if there were such an insurrection to restore the Republic under the Constitution in the works, I would have known about it and I would have been involved in it. By now, it would have succeeded! Suffice it to say that there is no such insurrection. There never will be any. You can take that one to the bank. The probability of it is zero. ZERO. Got that? ZERO.

This is not a thinly veiled call for anything. The US is DEAD. Think Germany in 1933, Russia in 1917, and so on and so forth.

The reason there has been no insurrection, and there will be no insurrection, is the following.

Think of the Wizard of Oz. The scarecrow had no brain. The tin man had no heart. The lion had no courage.

Think of the American citizenry. They have no brain, no heart, and no courage. Mentally, emotionally, and spiritually dead. WIthout possibility of resuscitation. DEAD. Stick a fork in them. NO possibility that they will start acting like living human beings with a sense of honor, or any kind of sense whatsoever.

And yes, I am continuing with my plans to emigrate. Suffice it to say they’re pretty far along.

Someday I’ll sell you food in return for what’s left of your precious metals. Your currency won’t even be usable as toilet paper. Unless, of course, you take my advice to emigrate.

While you still can.