Caturday: Kitties Demolish Christmas

by 1389AD ( 123 Comments › )
Filed under Caturday, Open thread at December 29th, 2012 - 4:16 pm
White cat with snowcat: 'Who did this?'

A Big Cat Christmas!

(h/t: eaglesoars)

Published on Dec 21, 2012 by BigCatRescue

Looking for a purr-fect gift? The 2013 Big Cat Rescue Calendar is available NOW!

It’s Christmas time for tigers, lions, leopards and more at Big Cat Rescue! Watch the big cats “opening” their presents and investigating their Christmas Trees! Thanks to our supporters who continue to enable us to provide fun enrichment for the cats all year long! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

WEBSITE
FACEBOOK
GOOGLE+
TWITTER
DONATE
BIG CAT SHOP

THANK YOU!

Tags: ,

Comments

123 Responses to “Caturday: Kitties Demolish Christmas”

1 | December 29, 2012 4:30 pm

I have forever been blown away by the big cats…and a typical house cat is almost exactly the same by DNA…my little barn cat used to sleep way up in a maple tree in the back, paws hanging over a crook in the branches, just like a jaguar…I’d go out there and look through the branches and there she was…she might get up and stretch, hop to another limb and settle in for another snooze…the exact same fluid movement and agility

2. 2 | December 29, 2012 5:49 pm

Dang, where is everyone?

3. 3 | December 29, 2012 5:51 pm

Hither and yon, I suppose…

4. song_and_dance_man
    4 | December 29, 2012 6:09 pm

@ heysoos:

Ever seen one of these.

The Ashera cat

And here is a vid of one.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu-pDYClOlA

5. eaglesoars
    5 | December 29, 2012 6:11 pm

Glad you liked the vid 1389AD – thanks for th h/t

6. rain of lead
    6 | December 29, 2012 6:12 pm

hehe
    the boxes are all laced with catnip
    you can tell by the way the kitties are rubbing their faces
    all over the boxes and things

7. song_and_dance_man
    7 | December 29, 2012 6:14 pm

rain of lead wrote:

you can tell by the way the kitties are rubbing their faces
    all over the boxes and things

I was thinking they were marking the boxes and trees.

8 | December 29, 2012 6:15 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    whoa…there you go…my dream cat…
    how the heck did you know about this?

9 | December 29, 2012 6:15 pm

@ Macker:

Finishing up another class here.

The range was packed again.

10. eaglesoars
    10 | December 29, 2012 6:16 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

TWENTY TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!

Yow.

11. rain of lead
    11 | December 29, 2012 6:16 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

yeah but look how aggressive they are at tearing up the boxes
    catnip I tell ya

12. rain of lead
    12 | December 29, 2012 6:17 pm

ride the wave
    make hay while the sun shines

13. song_and_dance_man
    13 | December 29, 2012 6:20 pm

heysoos wrote:

whoa…there you go…my dream cat…
    how the heck did you know about this?

Yeah, they are beautiful cats. I think I read about them online somewhere about a year ago.

14. brookly red
    14 | December 29, 2012 6:22 pm

the best cat I ever had was a Persian, the sweetest cat in creation but dumber than a box of rocks in the rain.

15. song_and_dance_man
    15 | December 29, 2012 6:24 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

TWENTY TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!

Yow.

And that’s not even the most expensive one. The 22k is the low end starter model.

From the linked article.

The “Snow” Ashera costs $65,000 and its price is justified because the background color is white, rather than the more common brown color of the standard Ashera.

The most expensive is the “Royal” Ashera that costs $125,000. The Royal Ashera is the world’s most rare domestic cat, says Lifestyle Pets. This version of the Ashera has a cream background, but its spots and stripes are “tiger orange” instead of plain black.

16. song_and_dance_man
    16 | December 29, 2012 6:25 pm

@ rain of lead:
    I think you’re right.

17 | December 29, 2012 6:25 pm

I just have to get over my financial restrictions and plop down whatever it cost to CC…I him and haw too much…when I get to it I’ll take any advice you have

18. brookly red
    18 | December 29, 2012 6:28 pm

@ Macker:

Finishing up another class here.

The range was packed again.

I expect your business to be excellent for at least the next 4 yrs.

19 | December 29, 2012 6:31 pm

I might be able to write a short book about the cats I’ve known….cats are a different sort of pet, depending…mine have always been very self sufficient and mean…you don’t see them for two days, then they show up, bite you, eat some chow and curl up wherever they please…what’s not to like

20. brookly red
    20 | December 29, 2012 6:33 pm

heysoos wrote:

cats? sounds like women I have known…

21. Calo
    21 | December 29, 2012 6:46 pm

You rang?

22. brookly red
    22 | December 29, 2012 6:49 pm

You rang?

Ha! you don’t fool me, you know darn well Saturday is shrimp night…

23. CynicalConservative
    23 | December 29, 2012 6:49 pm

@ Calo:
    Did you get my response on the oot in regards to your friend? (I rather liked him too).

/galt

24 | December 29, 2012 6:52 pm

back in the 70’s I lived in Denver and picked up a tiny cat for free, a male…I named him Orbit and he was a ferocious kitten that grew up to be this huge, poor mannered ally cat that was never neutered…he was a savage, just brutal to play with, he had a real mean streak…but I loved him to pieces…he’d jump up on the kitchen counter, sneaky like at night and I’d shoo him off but he’d do it anyway just to piss me off I think…so I got this spay bottle with water and shot him with it and he’d leap away down the dark hallway…at one point I heard him on the counter sniffing around, grabbed my bottle thing, rushed over to get a shot and squirt!…got him, but he just stared at me, so I shot him again and he turned sideways, lowered his head and snarled at me…like in the movies I put my arm out straight and advanced on him shooting as fast as I could pull the lever…a semi-automatic squirt bottle…I pasted that fucker, he was soaked but didn’t back down…at point blank range he moved to the edge of the counter and just fell off to the floor and walked away like I was not worth his trouble…that was a hell of a cat, he lived 19 years

25 | December 29, 2012 6:55 pm

@ 24 heysoos: some of the best military victories were never recorded for history.

26. 26 | December 29, 2012 6:57 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Yeah, just give me a shelter kitty.

27. Calo
    27 | December 29, 2012 7:01 pm

CynicalConservative wrote:

@ Calo:

/galt

Yes, thank you.

28. CynicalConservative
    28 | December 29, 2012 7:06 pm

@ Calo:
    Lost your email too, I’d have sent it there otherwise. :-(

/galt

29 | December 29, 2012 7:08 pm

@ rain of lead:

Have you ever helped bale even slightly damp hay?

Let’s just say it’s a job best suited for the young.

30. Calo
    30 | December 29, 2012 7:21 pm

You rang?

Ha! you don’t fool me, you know darn well Saturday is shrimp night…

Shrimp is for New Years Day. Shrimp and crab enchiladas and a side of guac for those family members who like that kind of stuff on their otherwise perfectly good meal.

31 | December 29, 2012 7:23 pm

guac

Fresh guac is it’s own food group.

Tremendous stuff, that.

32. brookly red
    32 | December 29, 2012 7:24 pm

You rang?

Ha! you don’t fool me, you know darn well Saturday is shrimp night…

crab enchiladas are righteous…

33. brookly red
    33 | December 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

guac

Fresh guac is it’s own food group.

Tremendous stuff, that.

that is the big thing in NYC these days… they come to the table and make the guac to order in stone bowls. Manhattan is the only place in the world where someone will pay 14 bucks for a custom smashed avocado

34. song_and_dance_man
    34 | December 29, 2012 7:38 pm

crab enchiladas

That sounds really good. Do you cook your own fresh crab or do you go to a market deli for pre-cooked?

35. song_and_dance_man
    35 | December 29, 2012 7:41 pm

@ heysoos:

Nice story. I’ve never owned a pet other than fish and other exotics for a fish tank.

36 | December 29, 2012 7:41 pm

That sounds really good.

Indeed.

I’ve been looking at recipes since the post.

37. brookly red
    37 | December 29, 2012 7:45 pm

OK I have a problem with this… http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/30/nyregion/woman-is-held-in-death-of-man-pushed-onto-subway-tracks-in-queens.html?hp&_r=0

now the Black crazy guy who pushes a Korean in front of the subway is charged with a regular homicide, BUT the crazy Latina woman who pushes the Indian guy in front of the subway is charged with a hate crime… why? because she thought he was Muslim.

38. song_and_dance_man
    38 | December 29, 2012 7:50 pm

@ Bumr50:
    Me too. Check this one out. It has an avocado based sauce.

I think I’m gonna do this one sometime this week.

39. Guggi
    39 | December 29, 2012 7:52 pm

brookly red wrote:

why? because she thought he was Muslim.

No, because she told the police that since 9/11 she hates Muslims AND Hindus.

40 | December 29, 2012 7:53 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

That looks great!

41. brookly red
    41 | December 29, 2012 7:54 pm

@ Bumr50:
    Me too. Check this one out. It has an avocado based sauce.

I think I’m gonna do this one sometime this week.

I love avocados but I am suspicious of cream cheese in Mexican food… very suspicious,

42 | December 29, 2012 7:55 pm

@ brookly red:

“Hate crime” legislation is offensive to anyone with a functioning brain.

43. song_and_dance_man
    43 | December 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Guggi wrote:

No, because she told the police that since 9/11 she hates Muslims AND Hindus.

I was thinking along the same lines.

The detective probably asked her,…

Detective: ‘Er…, what religion did you think this guy belonged to?’

As though that is a relevant question when looking for motive. Unless one is fishing for a per-determined modis.

Woman: ‘He might have been a muslim.’

wham, bam thank you ma’am. HATE CRIME

44. brookly red
    44 | December 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Guggi wrote:

No, because she told the police that since 9/11 she hates Muslims AND Hindus.

you miss the point… she confessed and got a harsher charge than the guy who did basically the same crime but made up a story that the victim who was 20+ yrs older, 60 lbs lighter, and almost a foot shorter attacked him.

45. song_and_dance_man
    45 | December 29, 2012 7:59 pm

brookly red wrote:

I might sub the cc for sour cream. I love tang.

46. brookly red
    46 | December 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ brookly red:

“Hate crime” legislation is offensive to anyone with a functioning brain.

Thank you.

47. Guggi
    48 | December 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Taliban kill 21 kidnapped Pak soldiers

48. Guggi
    49 | December 29, 2012 8:04 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

“She told police that she pushed a Muslim off the train tracks. She said, ‘I’ve hated Hindus and Muslims since 2001 since they put down the Twin Towers. I have been beating them up since.”

(…)

The incoherent suspect was mumbling as cops questioned her, and at one point asked where the R train was, the sources added.

Her relatives called cops last night after seeing her on the news, law-enforcement sources said.

Menendez could have a criminal background — and possibly a history of mental health issues, the sources said. She has recently been living in homeless shelters.

(…)

49. song_and_dance_man
    50 | December 29, 2012 8:04 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

“Hate crime” legislation is offensive to anyone with a functioning brain.

Right on. Hate being a part of evil is behind most crime. Upping it to a level that buttresses so called PC is ludicrous.

50. brookly red
    51 | December 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Guggi wrote:

Taliban kill 21 kidnapped Pak soldiers

kinda hard to kidnap someone with an AK if they resist… just sayin

51. brookly red
    52 | December 29, 2012 8:08 pm

brookly red wrote:

I might sub the cc for sour cream. I love tang.

that and MORE CRAB :)

52. song_and_dance_man
    53 | December 29, 2012 8:09 pm

Guggi wrote:

Taliban kill 21 kidnapped Pak soldiers

It’s interesting that the Taliban militants went after what appears to be border patrol.

53. brookly red
    54 | December 29, 2012 8:11 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

in a plain (as in no rape/robbery) homicide yes… in robbery it is usually more depraved indifference than hate. Whatever.

54. brookly red
    55 | December 29, 2012 8:12 pm

Guggi wrote:

Taliban kill 21 kidnapped Pak soldiers

/well I am pretty sure Holder had nothing to do with this one.

55. song_and_dance_man
    56 | December 29, 2012 8:14 pm

that and MORE CRAB

Yeah. I like meaty enchiladas with less cheese. One of the commenters suggested the sour cream as a sub. On another site with a similar recipe a commenter added fresh shrimp to the dish. I can’t wait to make this.

56. citizen_q
    57 | December 29, 2012 8:15 pm

@ Bumr50:

I usually go to this show.

Decided to sit this one out. Sounds like a good decision.

57. brookly red
    58 | December 29, 2012 8:16 pm

that and MORE CRAB

I am a big fan of adding bacallo (dried salted cod/pollock) too

58. song_and_dance_man
    59 | December 29, 2012 8:18 pm

brookly red wrote:

And that is why I said most crime. Maybe I should have delineated those types of crime that could be filed under hate as a motive.

Of the people I book every week, a great portion of them are arrested for domestic violence. Tag hate. The others are mostly drug or alcohol related.

59. Calo
    60 | December 29, 2012 8:20 pm

@ brookly red:
    STOP! That’s an insult to add dried fish to a fresh shrimp and crab dish.

It’s like covering up food in guac – ugh.

60. song_and_dance_man
    61 | December 29, 2012 8:21 pm

brookly red wrote:

/well I am pretty sure Holder had nothing to do with this one.

I agree. This program was called Faster and Furiouser.

61. 62 | December 29, 2012 8:22 pm

@ Calo:

That’s like adding anchovies to pizza. UGH!

62. brookly red
    63 | December 29, 2012 8:23 pm

brookly red wrote:

domestic violence as a hate crime? there maybe something to that, but the left would have a field day… I can see it now, you will need a license to carry a concealed penis :)

63. song_and_dance_man
    64 | December 29, 2012 8:24 pm

A thread on guns, cats and food. It’s sounds sooo Korean.

64. Calo
    65 | December 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Macker wrote:

@ Calo:

That’s like adding anchovies to pizza. UGH!

Or fruit on a pizza, it’s just wrong.

65. brookly red
    66 | December 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Gangnam style LOL

66. song_and_dance_man
    67 | December 29, 2012 8:26 pm

brookly red wrote:

I can see it now, you will need a license to carry a concealed penis

OK, you made me really laugh out loud.,

67. brookly red
    68 | December 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Macker wrote:

@ Calo:

That’s like adding anchovies to pizza. UGH!

Or fruit on a pizza, it’s just wrong.

you putta da anchovies ona da pizza, you putta the fruit ona da crepe

68. song_and_dance_man
    69 | December 29, 2012 8:28 pm

@ Macker:
    I don’t get anchovies. I tried them once and almost hurled.

69. song_and_dance_man
    70 | December 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Calo wrote:

Or fruit on a pizza, it’s just wrong.

Er…no. Pineapple and ham go really well on a pizza. Thank you Ms. Betty Crocker.

;-)

70. brookly red
    71 | December 29, 2012 8:30 pm

OK, you made me really laugh out loud.,

when penises are outlawed only outlaws will have penises… you see where this can go… maybe we should have these comments deleted before Napaitano’s people read them.

71. brookly red
    72 | December 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Calo wrote:

Or fruit on a pizza, it’s just wrong.

Impuro!

72. Alberta Oil Peon
    73 | December 29, 2012 8:32 pm

@ Guggi:
    The woman is both evil and stupid. Hindus had diddly-squat to do with 9/11, and even Indo-Pak muslims were only peripherally involved; mostly as cheerleaders after the fact.

If New York State were still civilized, she’d be booked to ride the lightning at Sing-Sing.

73. song_and_dance_man
    74 | December 29, 2012 8:34 pm

brookly red wrote:

Screw that. I’m applying for a conceal carry permit.

I wonder what San Fran will do. I bet they go for open carry.

And what about holsters?

74. Alberta Oil Peon
    75 | December 29, 2012 8:36 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    San Fransicko is already full of cock-holsters. No scarcity of that commodity.

75. brookly red
    76 | December 29, 2012 8:36 pm

And what about holsters?

hmmm, a new meaning to the term “strapped”

76. brookly red
    77 | December 29, 2012 8:38 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

I wonder what San Fran will do. I bet they go for open carry.

/this morning it was sooo beautiful out I decided to leave it out all day…

77. 78 | December 29, 2012 8:39 pm

@ Macker:
    I don’t get anchovies. I tried them once and almost hurled.

I don’t need to try them. I know I will hurl!

78. Alberta Oil Peon
    79 | December 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Macker wrote:

@ Macker:
    I don’t get anchovies. I tried them once and almost hurled.

I don’t need to try them. I know I will hurl!

“Tiny feesh be werry rotten.”

79. song_and_dance_man
    80 | December 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

San Fransicko is already full of cock-holsters. No scarcity of that commodity.

Are they called other hands. OK that was bad.

80. Calo
    81 | December 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Is this a penis thread instead of a gun thread?

If so, I’m gonna enjoy it.

Let ‘em hang out!

81. brookly red
    82 | December 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Macker wrote:

@ Macker:
    I don’t get anchovies. I tried them once and almost hurled.

I don’t need to try them. I know I will hurl!

Oh, take it like a man.

82. song_and_dance_man
    83 | December 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Calo wrote:

Is this a penis thread instead of a gun thread?
    If so, I’m gonna enjoy it.
    Let ‘em hang out!

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTU2Y0VFH0E

83. brookly red
    84 | December 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Calo wrote:

Is this a penis thread instead of a gun thread?

If so, I’m gonna enjoy it.

Let ‘em hang out!

custom grips. :)

85 | December 29, 2012 8:48 pm

Is the jukebox on?

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAqWXd0sXqo

85. song_and_dance_man
    86 | December 29, 2012 8:49 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

“Tiny feesh be werry rotten.”

They are gross. I prefer fresh fish over any that come in a can.

86. brookly red
    87 | December 29, 2012 8:49 pm

OK, check it… Facebook bans Gandhi quote as part of revisionist history purge

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” – Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

87. brookly red
    88 | December 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

“Tiny feesh be werry rotten.”

They are gross. I prefer fresh fish over any that come in a can.

fresh anchovies are excellent, especially grilled.

88. Alberta Oil Peon
    89 | December 29, 2012 8:53 pm

@ brookly red:
    Don’t they slip between the bars of the grille?

I caught some Bonito here last week, and we grilled them over charcoal. Yummy!

89. brookly red
    90 | December 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

@ brookly red:
    Don’t they slip between the bars of the grille?

I caught some Bonito here last week, and we grilled them over charcoal. Yummy!

Ooooh grilled Bonito… yum. They run 15-25 feet under the Blues.

91 | December 29, 2012 8:55 pm

@ brookly red:

I also enjoy a good can of sardines from time to time.

91. brookly red
    92 | December 29, 2012 8:57 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ brookly red:

I also enjoy a good can of sardines from time to time.

Omega 3, 6, protein & calcium gotta luv em

92. song_and_dance_man
    93 | December 29, 2012 8:57 pm

@ Bumr50:

The vid sounds pretty good since it’s apparent this was filmed by a fan in the seats. Fan vids are usually poor quality of sound and video.

94 | December 29, 2012 8:59 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

Don’t they slip between the bars of the grille?

I’ve successfully grilled fresh asparagus.

If you’re careful, you can grill just about anything.

95 | December 29, 2012 9:02 pm

@ brookly red:

I expect your business to be excellent for at least the next 4 yrs.

I suspect that it will be for at least the next few months, anyway. Kind of hard to predict what’s going to happen in the future with someone like Obama in the White House, especially since he has no constraints now.

Won’t be much need for classes if nobody has guns…

96 | December 29, 2012 9:04 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

It’s overdubbed.

Probably not even the same show.

96. song_and_dance_man
    97 | December 29, 2012 9:08 pm

@ Bumr50:
    Oh well

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ozkfFav2Rk

97. brookly red
    98 | December 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Won’t be much need for classes if nobody has guns

like the Tia Chi fan dance, you practice with a fan but it really a knife… Capoeira? it ain’t break dancing. There will be a market even if it’s only training Micheal Moore’s body guards :)

99 | December 29, 2012 9:11 pm

@ brookly red:

I am looking forward to seeing the big splat when Feinstein introduces that abomination of a bill she’s planning for the first day of the new session.

That’s the most absurd mess I’ve ever seen proposed.

99. brookly red
    100 | December 29, 2012 9:14 pm

@ brookly red:

That’s the most absurd mess I’ve ever seen proposed.

Actually it is very similar to Hitler’s but it addresses technological advances… same shit different day.

101 | December 29, 2012 9:14 pm

One of my Dad’s friends (also his trainer) has a business here in the Burgh’ that’s going like gangbusters.

He started out just doing personal self-defense, but added firearms recently.

He recently also published a piece in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in reaction to the Newtown shooting.

No more Newtowns: Here’s how we can better predict, prevent and respond to attacks on schools

As a security professional, I wasn’t surprised by the news reports that began arriving on my cellphone last Friday morning. After all, it’s my job to think about and plan for incidents like the one in Newtown. But as a parent, I was heartsick.

It was impossible to look at the photographs of those children standing outside the school, staring at the chaos unfolding around them, and not imagine the faces of my own kids. Impossible not to think about how the parents of those young victims and survivors would cope with a tragedy certain to haunt them for the rest of their lives.

….

Few events in recent years have done more than the Newtown tragedy to stir people’s emotions — not least my own. But I refuse to allow my longing for a world where malevolent people and deadly weapons don’t exist to cloud my thinking about security. Making our schools safer — by better predicting, better preventing and better responding to violence — is a long-term process, not a one-time fix.

H. L. Mencken once observed: “For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong.”

We owe it both to the young victims of Newtown and to our own kids not to be the first to raise our hands, but to get the answer right.

102 | December 29, 2012 9:18 pm

@ Bumr50:

Also from the piece:

. Educators often ask me: “But what do I do if mine is the first class hit?” That’s why training in confrontation management, gun disarming and active shooter response should be mandatory in a post-Newtown world. While teachers aren’t “first responders” in the sense of having law-enforcement training, they inevitably are the initial responders.

102. brookly red
    103 | December 29, 2012 9:21 pm

Ain’t that the truth, some years ago I was working in a business that received a credible bomb threat… “they” evacuated us and told us to line up along the side of the building. As I was putting distance between my self and the building (and the plate glass windows) my supervisor started yelling at me” there is a bomb, where do you think you are you going?!” (face palm)

104 | December 29, 2012 9:21 pm

@ brookly red:

At least Hitler was honest about his intentions. He just had all the guns confiscated.

This crap from Feinstein changes the definition of a Class III weapon to include anything she thought looked scary in a picture. I’m supposed to be fingerprinted and pay the ATF $200 for the privelege of keeping my Mini-14, and get written permission to take it across state lines. I can’t sell it, and when I die, it gets confiscated by the ATF.

Utterly ridiculous.

105 | December 29, 2012 9:23 pm

I’m sorry, was I suppose to be talking about penii?

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6_u0088YHA

105. brookly red
    106 | December 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Utterly ridiculous.

no problema, just paint it pink and put “hello kitty” decals on it. Maybe one of Big Bird too, couldn’t hurt…

106. brookly red
    107 | December 29, 2012 9:29 pm

brookly red wrote:

Phuc, put a hope and change sticker on it and you can probably bring it on an airline… if you don’t look too white. :)

108 | December 29, 2012 9:34 pm

@ brookly red:

The guy at the table next to me at the last gun show had a set of pink AR-15 handguards for sale.

Not sure who would buy that…

108. brookly red
    109 | December 29, 2012 9:40 pm

@ brookly red:

Not sure who would buy that…

dude, I am trying to tell ya it’s all about superficial appearances (I work in advertising trust me) liberals are clueless it’s all about feelings they don’t like things that look scary… put a plastic tube around an Uzi, say it’s a bong… all good.

109. Prebanned
    110 | December 29, 2012 9:42 pm

I bet a pink AR would make a badguy do a doubletake.
    Might come in handy

111 | December 29, 2012 9:43 pm

brookly red wrote:

put a plastic tube around an Uzi, say it’s a bong… all good.

Ha!

I want one!

The bong would actually have to function, though…

111. 112 | December 29, 2012 9:44 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

Hammurabi would prescribe tying her to the tracks, presumably at the station in which she did the deed. . .

But anyway. I’m sick enough of the whackjobs doing their random acts of whackiness. But I especially hate having to deal with / distance myself from whackjobs who are pretending to be on my side. No, if they’re killing random people, they’re not on my side. I don’t care if the innocents they murder are Hindu or Muslim or freakin’ Aztec; I don’t care if the murderer’s race is Hispanic or Nordic or freakin’ English. Menendez is a terrorist too, with her own “sudden jihad syndrome” or whatever you want to call it.

These lunatics need to be off my streets. That’s really all I have to say on this.

112. Calo
    113 | December 29, 2012 9:45 pm

@ brookly red:

Not sure who would buy that…

Didn’t Princess Natasha lust after a pink Hello Kitty weapon of some type?

113. brookly red
    114 | December 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

brookly red wrote:

put a plastic tube around an Uzi, say it’s a bong… all good.

Ha!

I want one!

The bong would actually have to function, though…

dude I am not the smartest guy on the block but I am thinking if you want to smoke an Uzi don’t ask me to hold your beer, OK?

115 | December 29, 2012 9:49 pm

@ Calo:

Didn’t Princess Natasha lust after a pink Hello Kitty weapon of some type?

AK-47

116 | December 29, 2012 9:51 pm

I keed, I keed.

If such a thing came into my possession, it would be my big, symbolic, libertarian middle finger to at least five government agencies.

Imagine the Grandkids fighting over Pap’s Uzi bong!

116. Calo
    117 | December 29, 2012 9:53 pm

I wouldn’t know an AK 47 from a Mossberg.

Thanks, Lobo

117. brookly red
    118 | December 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Zimriel wrote:

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

What are you some kind of racist? people who live in train stations and beg for crack money have rights too. You probably don’t want them to vote either do you? I know your type, people like you are haters, yeah that’s it a racist hater… you know that poor woman got only 68 cents on the dollar of what a male crack head makes…

118. brookly red
    119 | December 29, 2012 9:58 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

I keed, I keed.

Imagine the Grandkids fighting over Pap’s Uzi bong!

fine, I will go down to Canal street and buy some plastic tubes… what color do you want?

119. Calo
    120 | December 29, 2012 9:59 pm

120. brookly red
    121 | December 29, 2012 10:09 pm

@ brookly red:

I hope these stoners don’t have enough brain cells left to remember the original “shotgun” was really made from a shotgun :)

121. CynicalConservative
    122 | December 29, 2012 10:12 pm

@ Calo:
    It’s not hello kitty but… (maybe Lobo can convert it to an inline photo)

check the duracoat photos link on his site, some of what’s been done to the firearms there should be criminal…

/galt