Take a shot

by Bunk X ( 124 Comments › )
Filed under Humor, Media, Politics, Progressives, Socialism, UK at December 30th, 2012 - 8:00 pm

[via]
I love that mashup, because the guy with the instant vanilla rouge represents just about every smarmy jerk I can think of including the snide and arrogant medium-sized dollop of eyegorp named Piers Stefan Pughe-Morgan. I’d never heard of the smug douchebag until his interview with Andrew Breitbart.

Meanwhile, Mr. P.S.P-M can take his carpetbagging anti-American propaganda-pimping style of “journalism” back to Oceania and stuff it up his CNN.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

124 Responses to “Take a shot”

1. Moe Katz
    1 | December 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Has everyone seen this story about the Norwegian kicking prodigy who’s getting a tryout with the Jets?

3 | December 30, 2012 9:16 pm

@ yenta-fada:

The funny thing is that Michael Moore actually thinks he’s “one of us.”

3. yenta-fada
    4 | December 30, 2012 9:20 pm

@ yenta-fada:

The funny thing is that Michael Moore actually thinks he’s “one of us.”

Along with the left, Mikey put Conservatives out in the cornfield. He was obviously referring to ‘his’ people.

4. Lily
    5 | December 30, 2012 9:25 pm

@ yenta-fada:

MM acting like the fool he is.

5. yenta-fada
    6 | December 30, 2012 9:26 pm

From ‘theendofyourarm’

The American Piers Morgan

7 | December 30, 2012 9:26 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    MM acting like the fool he is.

Typecasting

7. yenta-fada
    8 | December 30, 2012 9:27 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Obviously I don’t do tinyurl.
    The writer of that blog is a great former LGF commenter.

8. yenta-fada
    9 | December 30, 2012 9:28 pm

@ yenta-fada:

MM acting like the fool he is.

{{{Lily}}}

9. yenta-fada
    10 | December 30, 2012 9:30 pm

Democrat budget:

10. Lily
    11 | December 30, 2012 9:31 pm

Yes I am…. 8-)

11. Lily
    12 | December 30, 2012 9:31 pm

@ yenta-fada:

{{{Yenta}}}! How are you doing?

12. Calo
    13 | December 30, 2012 9:35 pm

@ Moe Katz:
    I left you a response on a previous thread. :sad:

13. yenta-fada
    14 | December 30, 2012 9:35 pm

@ yenta-fada:

{{{Yenta}}}! How are you doing?

As usual. :-) Sooo happy to see you back at the keyboard.

14. Calo
    15 | December 30, 2012 9:36 pm

{{Lily}} {Yenta}}

Nice to see some familiar faces here tonight.

15. yenta-fada
    16 | December 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Calo wrote:

{{Lily}} {Yenta}}

Nice to see some familiar faces here tonight.

{{Calo}} I trust your family Christmas was great. Are you still busy busy?

16. Lily
    17 | December 30, 2012 9:38 pm

@ Calo:

Yeah I’m finally coming to…so to speak! I swear Calo this is a long recovery already!!!!!! I feel like there is a brick in my chest.

17. Lily
    18 | December 30, 2012 9:40 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Here and there. If I’m not too cranky. ;)

18. Calo
    19 | December 30, 2012 9:45 pm

Yeah, I’ll be busy for a few more days next week until, well, the next holiday week.

And Lily, don’t get discouraged.

It takes weeks to feel well again … weeks, months.

19. yenta-fada
    20 | December 30, 2012 9:47 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Here and there. If I’m not too cranky.

Pain makes a lot of people cranky. Heck, we earned our crankiness.
    Being lied to makes me cranky. Doomage, I tells ya.

20. Lily
    21 | December 30, 2012 9:49 pm

@ Calo:

I know …weeks and months…hubby reminded me it has only been 3 weeks. Oh well I’ll just have to suck it up …right now I kinda feel lucky I’m alive even though I get a bit frustrated.
    /oh during my in and out of it I’m a grandmother for the second time!
    Annie looks excatly like her big sister, excatly even born with a head full of dark hair just like my first grandbaby!

21. yenta-fada
    22 | December 30, 2012 9:52 pm

Calo wrote:

And Lily, don’t get discouraged.

It takes weeks to feel well again … weeks, months.

You certainly need a breather. Great advice to Lily. I’m not even making a New Year’s Resolution this year. (Except to stop nagging at myself for not keeping last Year’s Resolutions.)

22. Lily
    23 | December 30, 2012 9:52 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    Here and there. If I’m not too cranky.
    Pain makes a lot of people cranky. Heck, we earned our crankiness.
    Being lied to makes me cranky. Doomage, I tells ya.

No kidding! ;)
    /I’ll be calling doc tomorrow if it still feels like a brick in my chest…it’s my bones that I feel. It hurts and it’s a funky feeling.

23. yenta-fada
    24 | December 30, 2012 9:53 pm

@ Lily:

Congratulations on the new baby!

24. Lily
    25 | December 30, 2012 9:54 pm

@ Calo:

You’d be proud …not a cigeratte since I went into the hospital.
    /they scare me right now. That might be making me cranky too. But it’s been 3 weeks…

25. yenta-fada
    26 | December 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Give us a song!

26. Lily
    27 | December 30, 2012 9:56 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Thank-you! She is so tiny and so pretty, she looks just like her sister for sure! I can’t hold her…only if someone puts her on a pillow in my lap and just for a little bit.

27. Lily
    28 | December 30, 2012 9:59 pm

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVvkjuEAwgU

28. yenta-fada
    29 | December 30, 2012 10:00 pm

@ Calo:

You’d be proud …not a cigeratte since I went into the hospital.

You’ve already done the hardest part of giving up smoking. I started really young and spent years stopping and starting back. What seemed to work best for me is the idea that all I had to do was make it to the next day. Being told I could NEVER do anything again was just too much to deal with. So, I just shortened my time frame to make it do-able.

29. Calo
    30 | December 30, 2012 10:01 pm

@ Calo:
    You’d be proud …not a cigeratte since I went into the hospital.

Excellent Lily.
    I am so proud of you.

Of course, I don’t see you husband as being someone who will cave in to your, ah, demands.

30. yenta-fada
    31 | December 30, 2012 10:01 pm

@ Lily:

Stevie Wonder choice is perfect. :-)

31. Calo
    32 | December 30, 2012 10:03 pm

Aahhh, babies.

Gosh, I miss the sweet smell of them.

And, I am pleased the pregnancy was a success for your DIL.

32. Lily
    33 | December 30, 2012 10:04 pm

@ yenta-fada:

I can never smoke again. That has been what I was told. After I heal from the triple by-pass they are going to see what is going on with my legs…I have blocked arteries in both legs. But they wanted to make sure the heart was okay first.

33. Lily
    34 | December 30, 2012 10:05 pm

@ Calo:

Yeah she had a lot of problems…baby came out perfect!!!!

34. Lily
    35 | December 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Calo wrote:

@ Calo:
    You’d be proud …not a cigeratte since I went into the hospital.
    Excellent Lily.
    I am so proud of you.

No he would not cave in to my demands! Good call! LOL! I don’t know how long I was home a week or so and I wanted a damn cigarette. My fit was in vain is all I can say.

35. Calo
    36 | December 30, 2012 10:09 pm

AFB

Aortic Femoral Bypass (AFB) is next.

I’m guessing, but that is what you need to google.

36. yenta-fada
    37 | December 30, 2012 10:11 pm

@ yenta-fada:

The urge to smoke does go away. You start wondering why you’re keeping those dumb ashtrays in the house. The big secret about smoking is you don’t need it. It was all marketing.

38 | December 30, 2012 10:15 pm

@ yenta-fada:

I’ve never understood why anyone wanted to smoke in the first place.

38. Lily
    39 | December 30, 2012 10:15 pm

@ Calo:

Another by-pass? Dammit. Well all I can say is when I do something I don’t do it half-ass I go all the way with it.
    /doc was surprised I’m not in pain with my legs but I’m not. The only problem I have is that one leg goes to sleep way too easy and is hard to wake up. All the doc said was “that’s odd.” Describes me prefectly…odd. I already look like Jack the Rippers bitch. Hubby says with all these scars I need some tat’s now. Hhmmm-hmmmm not happening. ;)

39. yenta-fada
    40 | December 30, 2012 10:16 pm

@ yenta-fada:

I’ve never understood why anyone wanted to smoke in the first place.

It was monkey see, monkey do growing up. Plus it had the added benefit of pissing off your parents.

40. Lily
    41 | December 30, 2012 10:17 pm

@ yenta-fada:

That’s good news. I hope it happens quickly.

41. yenta-fada
    42 | December 30, 2012 10:17 pm

@ Lily:

Jack the Ripper’s bitch? You’ve gone all Southern Belle on us again.

43 | December 30, 2012 10:18 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    I’ve never understood why anyone wanted to smoke in the first place.

Both of my parents (and my stepfather) smoked.

None of us did. We all hated it.

43. Lily
    44 | December 30, 2012 10:19 pm

I liked smoking. I didn’t start to tick off parents or anything…I just liked it. It’s a habit you really don’t want to start. I don’t drink or anything else but I smoked and am paying a heavy price for it. What is wrong with me is part inherited and made much worse because I smoked.

44. yenta-fada
    45 | December 30, 2012 10:20 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    I’ve never understood why anyone wanted to smoke in the first place.

Both of my parents (and my stepfather) smoked.

None of us did. We all hated it.

Well, you had good instincts.

45. Lily
    46 | December 30, 2012 10:22 pm

@ yenta-fada:

LOL! If you saw both my legs and chest you’d agree. 8-)

46. yenta-fada
    47 | December 30, 2012 10:23 pm

@ Lily:

Modern medicine is giving you the opportunity to put the past in the past.

47. Lily
    48 | December 30, 2012 10:31 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Indeed. I probably would’ve had problems but not as bad if I hadn’t smoked. Live and learn. I was showing no signs either EKG, blood-work, heart imaging all didn’t show that all my arteries were blocked just about. I’m lucky to be alive. All I had was two spells. Not heart attacks (a mild one of those would have killed me)just spells. And many thanks to {{Calo}} for telling me to get to the doc ASAP. Because I just thought it was some type of muscule spasm. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I had heart problems. I didn’t even have high blood pressure. No signs other than those two spells.

48. Calo
    49 | December 30, 2012 10:38 pm

@ Lily:
    Smoking side effects hit women quicker than it does men.

I can;t recall the studies I have read on the subject, and am too tired to research it tonight.

But, we are both victims of smoking induced heart disease at a relatively early age.

I only hope I am on the right track to reverse the damage I caused.

49. yenta-fada
    50 | December 30, 2012 10:42 pm

@ Calo:

Calo, ya done good with Lily! Now we all have the pleasure of Lily’s company again. :-)

50. Calo
    51 | December 30, 2012 10:44 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    Good Lord, there is still an entire thread going on from last night!

Damn Quebecians.

Is that a word?

51. Fritz Katz
    52 | December 30, 2012 10:45 pm

Maybe “hispandering” was the exact wrong thing to do to attract Hispanic voters. It certainly explains the conundrum that every time Republicans push for amnesty their support among Hispanics drops.

How Republicans can create more jobs and win over Hispanic voters

In the stampede of media advice to Republicans to pass “comprehensive immigration reform” (supposedly to win more Hispanic votes in 2016), hardly any dust has been kicked up by discussing whether more immigration would be good for Hispanic Americans themselves.

If Republicans want more Hispanic votes, they might consider pushing policies that actually help Hispanic voters get back to work and increase their incomes.

Comprehensive immigration reform (CIR) would do the opposite because all CIR proposals are about increasing the number of citizens of other countries who are allowed to jump into the job-application lines to compete with the 20 million Americans who want a full-time job but can’t find one. …

52. Lily
    53 | December 30, 2012 10:47 pm

@ Calo:

I think we are both very, very lucky because we are young and we are going to recover well. You are ahead of me and younger than me so I think you are going to be great. Who would’ve thunk it huh? No study needs to be shown…I think you and I are the proof of that study. Doc also said heart problems manifest differently in women than in men. One thing I am looking forward to is more energy. I had no idea how little energy I had. Plus I have bad bones on top of everything else! But I really do need to give you many thanks for making me take that first spell seriously. I did go to doc ASAP. If it hadn’t been for you showing concern at the symptoms I would have ignored that spell and blown it off as just stress. Thanks Calo..I owe you my life.

53. CynicalConservative
    54 | December 30, 2012 10:48 pm

@ Calo:
    Subject / citizen. If you’re one, you’ll never understand the other.

/galt

54. yenta-fada
    55 | December 30, 2012 10:51 pm

Calo wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    Good Lord, there is still an entire thread going on from last night!

Damn Quebecians.

Is that a word?

The English form is “Quebeckers” I just looked at that thread. sigh.

55. Calo
    56 | December 30, 2012 10:51 pm

@ Lily:
    STOP IT! You will not make me cry.

Now, another friend of mine needs some medical attention, and he is ignoring me. I just have to sit back and hope, somehow he hears me.

56. Lily
    57 | December 30, 2012 10:51 pm

Calo wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    Good Lord, there is still an entire thread going on from last night!
    Damn Quebecians.
    Is that a word?

I noticed that. I decided not to engage in it. Keep my stress levels down. I don’t want to test the by-pass yet. LOL! 8-)

57. yenta-fada
    58 | December 30, 2012 10:54 pm

@ Lily:

Oh, carp. You picked a fine blog to keep your blood pressure down. lol
    When the going gets tough, just play a tune.

58. yenta-fada
    59 | December 30, 2012 10:57 pm

Stuff to do. ‘night and Bless us all; every one.

59. Calo
    60 | December 30, 2012 10:58 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    He is a pleasant, kind man but really misses the concept of American Exceptionalism.

60. Lily
    61 | December 30, 2012 10:58 pm

@ Calo:

Don’t want to make you cry!!! I’m saying thank-you! Hey you are still around and so am I. For a reason we are still around. It’s all good! Damn if it wouldn’t have been for this blog, and me meeting you and you warning me. Think of the odds of that! I find it amazing. Hey and next time lunch is on me! ;) Smile!!!!! God works in very mysterious ways!!!!!

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-7XPCNrD5Y

61. Calo
    62 | December 30, 2012 10:59 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    Night Yenta, and it was nice to see you again.

62. Lily
    63 | December 30, 2012 11:00 pm

Nite {Yenta}! :)

63. Lily
    64 | December 30, 2012 11:04 pm

@ Calo:

I’m looking at your cat avatar …. a really weird thing has been happening lately…I smell tuna fish the last several nights. It is so odd. I’m craving weird foods. Boy was the Christmas turkey in my sites. I was starving for that turkey…big time. ;)

64. Lily
    65 | December 30, 2012 11:05 pm

Calo wrote:

@ yenta-fada:

It’s that bad on that thread? I think I’ll pass on it. Is that wrong of me? ;)

65. Calo
    66 | December 30, 2012 11:08 pm

@ Lily:
    It was an awful feeling to get a call from your other half after your cath results were in, wondering if y’all were making the right decision to go along with the surgery, but knowing you had no choice.

God was good to you.
    And. bless your surgeon. He did well.

66. 67 | December 30, 2012 11:10 pm

@ Lily:

I’m avoiding it. People who don’t understand that the Bill of Rights puts limitations on the Government that they can’t pass no matter how popular they are, well, it is useless to argue with them. It’s like teaching a pig to sing.

68 | December 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Fritz Katz wrote:

“hispandering”

Nice coinage.

68. Lily
    69 | December 30, 2012 11:16 pm

@ Calo:

Yes that was a horrible day. I put everything in a box in my head. It really didn’t hit me til I got home. It was the only way to get through it all. I knew my hubby wanted a second opinion but he was too scared to move me. Yeah my surgeon really did well…he said everything went as planned and was surprised that it did because I wasn’t going to be easy he said. But everything went as planned. When I got home I let it hit me about a week after I got home. The first week home I was in and out of it. Yes God was very good to me. Now you are going to make me cry! But good tears…not sad ones! Glad I had a friend like you! For sure! ;)

69. Lily
    70 | December 30, 2012 11:19 pm

You are right IF…their mind is made-up and no matter how well their good intentions are they will not understand. Good call. ;)
    /the poster is kind hearted but doesn’t understand the concept of how we are.

You are up late IF! Nice to see you this late!

70. Moe Katz
    71 | December 30, 2012 11:24 pm

Calo wrote:

Calo:

I see American Exceptionalism as a collective neurosis.

Lily:

Was wondering where you’d gone. Glad to hear you’re doing well.

71. Lily
    72 | December 30, 2012 11:27 pm

@ Moe Katz:

Recovering from surgery. Triple by-pass. Still kicking..thank God.

73 | December 30, 2012 11:29 pm

@ Moe Katz:

I see American Exceptionalism as a collective neurosis.

So you and Obama have something in common, I see…

73. Moe Katz
    74 | December 30, 2012 11:31 pm

@ Lily:
    Yes, and thank God you hadn’t had an infarction yet.

74. 75 | December 30, 2012 11:32 pm

@ Lily:

My better half had told me a couple times the week before my surgery that I should go to the doctor. Stubborn me…

New mantra for me: “Mrs MF is always right. I will listen to Mrs. MF. I will not ignore Mrs MF’s recommendations…”

75. Lily
    76 | December 30, 2012 11:33 pm

I see American Exceptionalism as a collective neurosis

It’s who we are and we are a kind people in the long run. There are crazy people everywhere. Being a neighbor of us benefits you because a country will surely think twice about attacking us and your country and you don’t even realize how being our neighbor benefits you and your people.

76. Moe Katz
    77 | December 30, 2012 11:33 pm

So you and Obama have something in common, I see…

Penises?

77. Lily
    78 | December 30, 2012 11:35 pm

@ Moe Katz:

Yes, yes, yes. I would not have survived even a mild one.

78. Moe Katz
    79 | December 30, 2012 11:35 pm

I see American Exceptionalism as a collective neurosis

Except when it’s y’all attacking us. :) Hasn’t happened for a while, though….

79. Moe Katz
    80 | December 30, 2012 11:37 pm

@ Moe Katz:
    Yes, yes, yes. I would not have survived even a mild one.

I haven’t properly read this whole thread … you’re a non-smoker? Smoking makes a big difference in the prognosis after bypass….

80. Lily
    81 | December 30, 2012 11:38 pm

@ mfhorn:

All of November I was going through tests because I had a spell at the beginning of November..the tests didn’t show anything serious …maybe a stent if I failed the stress test. It wasn’t until they went in with the cath that they saw how badly blocked my arteries were. Once they saw that held hostage at hospital until the doc could do surgery.

81. Lily
    82 | December 30, 2012 11:40 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

@ Moe Katz:
    Yes, yes, yes. I would not have survived even a mild one.

No I was a smoker…not anymore.
    Since surgery I haven’t smoked one cigarette.

82. 83 | December 30, 2012 11:42 pm

@ Lily:

You were wise enough to at least get the tests done, and a stress test & cath. I just kept on going to work the whole week. Before I left home for Christmas, my chest hurt so badly I was lying on the floor in the garage. Once the pain went away, I got up, got in the car, and hit the highway.

Mrs should have given me a major ‘Gibbs Smack’.

83. Moe Katz
    84 | December 30, 2012 11:44 pm

Lily wrote:

No I was a smoker…not anymore.
    Since surgery I haven’t smoked one cigarette.

I think you’re a strong person and that you won’t go back to it.

84. Calo
    85 | December 30, 2012 11:46 pm

@ Moe Katz:
    Nope, Lily smokes and clogged her arteries, it happens.

I smoked and blocked out part of my heart’s electrical system sending m=e into heart failure, no clogged arteries.

Smoking is a killer, shoot me.

85. Lily
    86 | December 30, 2012 11:46 pm

@ mfhorn:

Did you have a heart attack? Or were they just spells? I know those spells…Calo who is a retired cardio nurse told me to go to doc ASAP. So I heeded what she said. I thought it was just stress. I would have ignored it…I had another spell and then the tests went into hyper-speed.

86. Lily
    87 | December 30, 2012 11:48 pm

@ Calo:

Might as well shoot me too! I was a heavy smoker. Not anymore. Live and learn. Boy what a hard lesson it is too huh?

87. Lily
    88 | December 30, 2012 11:50 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

Lily wrote:
    No I was a smoker…not anymore.
    Since surgery I haven’t smoked one cigarette.
    I think you’re a strong person and that you won’t go back to it.

I don’t think so. I’m still having pain in chest (bone is hurting) so if I were smoking any pain would really freak me out. So besides I don’t want to put my husband through this again.

88. Moe Katz
    89 | December 30, 2012 11:50 pm

Calo wrote:

@ Moe Katz:
    Nope, Lily smokes and clogged her arteries, it happens.
    Smoking is a killer, shoot me.

I had no idea smoking and heart failure could be related like that. My goodness! So you’ve stopped?

89. Calo
    90 | December 30, 2012 11:53 pm

@ Lily:
    Yes, it really is a hard lesson to learn.

Now, we have a few boys here to convince otherwise … Bunk?

90. Moe Katz
    91 | December 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Lily wrote:

So the real danger will be when you’re feeling better and hanker for a smoke….

91. Lily
    92 | December 30, 2012 11:54 pm

@ mfhorn:

You didn’t suffer from fatigue? Doc said it took a while for me to get in the condition I was in. I had no energy …and I thought it was from something else.

92. Lily
    93 | December 30, 2012 11:56 pm

@ Moe Katz:

I don’t know …by then I think I will completely haven’t smoked for a while. I don’t see myself wanting open-heart surgery again anytime soon.

93. Lily
    94 | December 30, 2012 11:59 pm

@ Calo:

Yeah…I may still want to smoke..but I think I’ll stay smoke-free.
    This is the longest I have gone without smoking for a while. I don’t think I’m going to throw this away and start all over again.

94. Lily
    95 | December 31, 2012 12:01 am

Nite everyone! :)

Hope you all have a good evening and a great day tomorrow!

95. 96 | December 31, 2012 12:03 am

@ Lily:

No heart attack, but the surgeon said I could have had a ‘major event’ at any time. He wasn’t happy I’d driven over 100 miles by myself. I could easily have had that ‘event’, and killed someone else along with myself.

A little fatigue, but the week before I’d had chest pain any time I stood for more than about 5 minutes. It kept getting a bit worse each day, until Sat when I was lying there in the garage in pain.

Best of luck to you on the smoking, Lily.

See ya’ll later!

96. Calo
    97 | December 31, 2012 12:04 am

@ Lily:
    Yes, it really is a hard lesson to learn.

Now, we have a few boys here to convince otherwise … Bunk?

Moe Katz wrote:

Calo wrote:
    @ Moe Katz:
    Nope, Lily smokes and clogged her arteries, it happens.
    Smoking is a killer, shoot me.

Yes, in some cases, it does. I went down to a 25% ejection fraction before my little bilateral pacemaker/defibrillator surgery (and, IIRC, Cheney had a 22% ejection fraction before he went on the transplant list), so I am just grateful for my life and how my heart has rebounded.

97. Moe Katz
    98 | December 31, 2012 12:05 am

‘Night Lily, take care.

98. Moe Katz
    99 | December 31, 2012 12:08 am

What is your EF now?

99. Calo
    100 | December 31, 2012 12:13 am

40 -45%.

Next ECHO up in March.

Docs told me it takes about a year to achieve my peak efficiency.

Nevertheless, I still try to run past a mile, no luck. :sad:

100. Calo
    101 | December 31, 2012 12:16 am

@ Moe Katz:
    You picked up your wife already from the train station?

Was she visiting relatives or working tonight?

101. Moe Katz
    102 | December 31, 2012 12:21 am

@ Calo:

Keep at it. Maybe mix running and walking…. I’m also a believer in eating fatty fish. Omega 3 supplements haven’t panned out so well, but eating the actual fish seems to be beneficial. Seems the protein in the fish plays a role….

102. Moe Katz
    103 | December 31, 2012 12:24 am

Calo wrote:

@ Moe Katz:
    You picked up your wife already from the train station?
    Was she visiting relatives or working tonight?

She was down in Ontario with her extended family for Xmas. My sister-in-law sent me some nice chocolate, which I’ve been into already :)

103. Calo
    104 | December 31, 2012 12:33 am

@ Moe Katz:
    MEH, a man who loves chocolate!

Go kiss your wife, and love her for bringing you sweets.

Night Moe.

104. Moe Katz
    105 | December 31, 2012 12:35 am

Night Calo, be well.

105. AZfederalist
    106 | December 31, 2012 12:52 am

@ Moe Katz:

Recovering from surgery. Triple by-pass. Still kicking..thank God.

So glad to hear you are recovering well. Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. I’m stuck on my side for the next several weeks after a third retinal reattachment surgery a week and a half ago. Haven’t been posting much since I have to lay on my side all the time. I’m using an iPad to read the web, but the keyboard is a bit challenging.

106. 107 | December 31, 2012 2:19 am

Moe Katz wrote:

Futbol you bet!

107. 108 | December 31, 2012 2:20 am

@ AZfederalist:

I’ve had my iPad since August 2011. It took me a couple of months to get used to the keyboard, so it’ll take some time.

108. 109 | December 31, 2012 2:24 am

It’s like teaching a pig to sing.

Or what about putting lipstick on said pig?

109. Moe Katz
    110 | December 31, 2012 2:31 am

My ears are burning again.

110. 111 | December 31, 2012 3:06 am

@ Moe Katz:
    It was probably me. I just read this and last night’s thread, or maybe it was the bean soup.

111. 112 | December 31, 2012 3:09 am

So here we are at the last day of 2012, with every possible sign that 2013 is going to be even tougher. Fasten your seat belts, folks – it’s going to be a bumpy ride!

112. Guggi
    113 | December 31, 2012 3:27 am

It’s like teaching a pig to sing.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cnPA06gNFE

:-)

113. Moe Katz
    114 | December 31, 2012 3:34 am

Bunk X wrote:

@ Moe Katz:

That’s uncanny: I DID have bean soup an hour ago.

114. 115 | December 31, 2012 4:05 am

Well, the Brady Bunch has achieved some of their objectives already. Large capacity magazines for semi-auto weapons are no longer available. Checked yesterday at Midway USA for Mini-14 magazines, and they have ZERO in stock. Not just zero 30 or 20 round ones, but zero 10 or even 5 round ones, even from manufacturers of dubious quality. Also checked LuckyGunner.com for ammo (the only thing they sell, essentially.) They have ZERO ammo in .223 Remington/5.56 NATO. Nothing. Not even the $ 1.00 +/round varmint hunting ammo. CDT has some left, but they’ve raised the price about 150 % over what it was just a couple of weeks ago. I have never seen anything like this before; not in the run-up/aftermath of the last two elections or even the run-up to the old AWB.

This is going to get ugly…

115. 116 | December 31, 2012 4:10 am

Er, “CTD”, not “CDT.” Need more coffee…

116. 117 | December 31, 2012 5:44 am

Okay, so I bowed to the current panic a little bit. Or not. Just ordered a couple of HKS speed loaders for each revolver (always wanted to try those, and they’re cheap) and two extra magazines (only 7 round capacity, Moe!) for the LC9. I only have 3 of those currently, and I consider 5 a minimum for magazines for any given weapon. Not really panic buying, as all that stuff is in stock at normal or sales prices, no problem.

117. citizen_q
    118 | December 31, 2012 7:15 am

Hey komrade zero, miss lindsey, mclame, how’s that A-rab Spring werkin fer ya?

Syria rebels ‘beheaded a Christian and fed him to the dogs’ as fears grow over Islamist atrocities

Syrian rebels beheaded a Christian man and fed his body to dogs, according to a nun who says the West is ignoring atrocities committed by Islamic extremists.

The nun said taxi driver Andrei Arbashe, 38, was kidnapped after his brother was heard complaining that fighters against the ruling regime behaved like bandits.

She said his headless corpse was found by the side of the road, surrounded by hungry dogs. He had recently married and was soon to be a father.

118. 119 | December 31, 2012 7:34 am

citizen_q wrote:

We’ve been ignoring Islamist atrocities, all over the place. Obama even calls the Ft. Hood shooter a “Workplace violence” act, not Jihad. Jihadis get a pass while law-abiding gun owners are demonized. All part of the so-called “Intellectuals'” war on the West.

119. citizen_q
    120 | December 31, 2012 8:02 am

When can we start calling this behavior what it is, treason?

120. 121 | December 31, 2012 8:20 am

Okay, here’s how low we have sunk. We have sunk so low, that there is more sensible advice and thought on the second amendment in Pravda (yes, that Pravda) than we are getting from the majority of our own media and almost a majority of our supposed “leaders.”

Hat tip – rayra at GCP

Somebody ought to put this up as at least a headline.

121. 122 | December 31, 2012 8:31 am

@ Mike C.:

Done. I gave you a hat tip. Guns == Freedom. The Russians, at least some of them, get it.

122. Prebanned
    123 | December 31, 2012 9:19 am

Moe Katz wrote:

I see American Exceptionalism as a collective neurosis.

I prefer to keep my standards high.

123. Moe Katz
    124 | December 31, 2012 3:04 pm

Prebanned wrote:

Moe Katz wrote:
    I see American Exceptionalism as a collective neurosis.
    I prefer to keep my standards high.

If you had a kid that thought he/she was totally special, better than and different from all the other kids and none of the rules and principles that apply to the rest of the human race applied to him/her, you’d send that kid to a mental health professional. An adult like that would be diagnosed as suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder.