A National Embarrassment

by Rodan ( 184 Comments › )
Filed under College Football, Sports at January 8th, 2013 - 11:30 am

Last night’s BCS Championship was one of the most lopsided wins I have ever seen. Clearly the Notre Dame Fighting Irish did not belong on the same field as the Alabama Crimson Tide. From the beginning,  Notre Dame had no answer to Alabama’s offense.  The Fighting Irish could not sustain any meaningful drive. The game was over by the end of the 1st half and there was very little reasons to watch it afterwards.

MIAMI — Write your U.S. congressman.

Call your conference commissioner, university president and athletic director. Heck, email Dr. Lou, Mark May, Kirk Herbstreit, Chris Fowler and David Pollack. I’d even give you their email addresses if it wouldn’t get me fired.

College football’s forthcoming four-team playoff, which goes into effect during the 2014 season, can’t get here soon enough.

Can’t we please have a playoff this coming season? Do we really have to wait another year?

Once again, the Bowl Championship Series robbed college football fans of a fitting end to a season on Monday night. No. 2 Alabama blasted No. 1 Notre Dame 42-14 in the Discover BCS National Championship at Sun Life Stadium, and the score wasn’t even that close. If the Crimson Tide and Fighting Irish played every day between now and St. Patrick’s Day, the Fighting Irish would never win.

[....]

Notre Dame didn’t measure up against Alabama in any way, shape or form, and if a four-team playoff had been in place this season, chances are the Fighting Irish wouldn’t have played in Miami on Monday night. The undefeated Irish would have played No. 4 seed Oregon in a national semifinal game, and it’s hard to imagine they would have fared any better against the high-flying Ducks.

[....]

Could the Ducks or anyone else have beaten the Crimson Tide on Monday night? Maybe not. But any other matchup — a rematch with Texas A&M (the only team to defeat the Crimson Tide this season) or the much-anticipated showdown with Oregon — would have been more exciting than what we watched on Monday night.

In its second-to-last year of existence, the BCS once again failed. It gave us a Sugar Bowl no one outside of Louisville cared about (including the Gators) and a three-touchdown rout in the Orange Bowl. Even the Fiesta Bowl failed to live up to its hype, with Oregon routing No. 5 Kansas State 35-17.

Worst of all, we watched another dud on the last night of the college football season.

I think the 4 team playoff is not sufficient. The BSC can easily go to a 8 team model and turn some of the bowl games into playoff games. last night’s game was not good good for College Football. It confirms everyone’s suspicion of the corruption of the BCS.

I am in no way downplaying Alabama’s victory last night. They probably would have beaten any other team. But at least it would have been more competitive had it been Oregon. Notre Dame was clearly not even close to the same level as Alabama. Last night’s game was a national disgrace and a black eye for college Football.

Update: You can discuss any topic you want.

Tags: , ,

Comments

184 Responses to “A National Embarrassment”

1. 1 | January 8, 2013 11:36 am

Were the powers that be at the BCS or whatever that invested in seeing Notre Dame go for a national championship at last? Because (and I apologize in advance to Notre Dame fans, because I know how much we love our teams) I still cannot figure out how they were ranked No. 1 in the nation.

2. 2 | January 8, 2013 11:44 am

@ Carolina Girl:

They were the only team not called Ohio State that did not lose a game, up until last night. The BCS program will automatically place that team at the top of the heap. In years prior to the BCS, Notre Dame probably would have played in a different bowl than Alabama and quite possibly would have been named Champion.

Rodan is right, there is no reason for D1 football to not have a playoff system which includes the winners of every single conference. That way, there would be no need for the computer geeks to ever be included again.

3. 3 | January 8, 2013 11:51 am

@ Flyovercountry:

I have a friend who’s a fanatic Michigan fan who used to complain how they would give Ohio State a cupcake schedule in order to insure they made it to the Rose Bowl every year.

I agree -- winners of each conference meet in a playoff -- there’s certainly time for it in December. I’m sure I’d forego the “Beef O’Brady Bowl” in order to watch it.

4. 4 | January 8, 2013 11:51 am

@ Flyovercountry:

Last night’s game did alot of damage to College Football.

5. 5 | January 8, 2013 11:52 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

I’ve loved Notre Dame since Ara Parseghian was coach, but I suspect, as you inferred, they may have been there because they were Notre Dame and it was high time they played for a National Championship.

I’ve no doubt that Alabama is deserving of the National Championship, but until there’s a way other than “consensus” to determine who gets the trophy, we’ll have this discussion every year.

Another question I have is: how does the #3 team (Florida) get their ass handed to them by the #21 team (Louisville) in a BCS bowl and end up ranked higher (#9) than Louisville (#13)? As I said in a previous thread, final polls mean nothing, but I still think is BS.

Big Sportswriters and Big College Football have a virtual monopoly and it’s just not right.

6 | January 8, 2013 11:55 am

The SEC proved their dominance last night, if anyone doubted (I did).
    They are bigger , faster & stronger & did I menton quicker?
    On the bright side for Notre Dame & I am reaching here,
    they are ahead of schedule & were not even ranked pre-season.
    Further, the sports mags rate the ND 2013 recruiting class as the
    best in the nation.
    Still last night was a disaster & hail to the victors.

7. eaglesoars
    7 | January 8, 2013 11:56 am

University of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron, 22, just won his second straight national championship and his girlfriend, Miss Alabama Katherine Webb, looks like this:

8. 8 | January 8, 2013 12:00 pm

@ MacDuff

Indeed. Computer rankings and sports writers and coaches voting is not the way to go. Cal was deprived of the chance to go to the Rose Bowl because the Coach of Texas got on ESPN and cried that Cal didn’t deserve to go and they did.

Ridiculous. Is there anyone out there who actually LIKES the BCS system and if so, what am I missing?

9 | January 8, 2013 12:01 pm

@ MacDuff:
    I think that Notre Dame was a victim of anti-Celtic & anti-Catholic
    bigotry last night. They were clearly the superior team.///////////////////////////
    In the alternative, the Bama players were mechanical men.
    yeah, that’s it, that’s the ticket!

10 | January 8, 2013 12:08 pm

In 1991 Notre Dame defeated Florida State to claim number one & remain
    unbeaten with one game to go.
    The next week ND was upset by a mediocre Boston College, giving them the same
    one loss record as FSU.
    FSU Coach Bobby Bowden took sports writers on a booze cruise & convinced them
    that they lost to a better team than Notre Dame did.
    They bought it & FSU played for the national championship, not ND.
    The best sales job ever.

11. 11 | January 8, 2013 12:12 pm

@ MacDuff

The very thing that makes sports exciting is that people and teams that aren’t “supposed to win” sometimes do. The history of the NCAA Basketball Championship is replete with Champions who beat the odds.

12. 12 | January 8, 2013 12:15 pm

@ MacDuff:

I agree, it’s a very corrupt system.

13. 13 | January 8, 2013 12:15 pm

@ MacDuff:

I don’t even follow college basketball, but I love watching March Madness just for that very thing. The little team that was No. 8 in it’s division that ends up in the Final Four, thus screwing up everyone’s grids but that one prescient nerd everyone laughed at.

14 | January 8, 2013 12:18 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Your car-pool comment on the last thread suggests you were suffering from carpool tunnel-vision syndrome in the form of your riding companion.

15. 15 | January 8, 2013 12:18 pm

@ MacDuff:

And in full disclosure, while Cal was great when we had the duo of Aaron Rodgers/Marshawn Lynch going for us, we were No. 1 in the nation for a whole week — because all the good teams hadn’t played the previous Saturday.

16 | January 8, 2013 12:18 pm

MacDuff wrote:

The very thing that makes sports exciting is

…the freedom to utterly ignore them.

17 | January 8, 2013 12:19 pm

After touting her heritage …

By Hillary Chabot / Boston Herald

Despite repeated claims she is “proud” of her Cherokee heritage, newly minted U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is keeping that pride under wraps and won’t be taking advantage of a chance to officially list herself as the Bay State’s first Native American U.S. senator.

Aides said Warren, who describes herself as part Cherokee and part Delaware Indian, won’t contact historians at the Senate Historical Office to tell them she’s Native American. The office lists minority senators in its official directory.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/elizabeth-warren/2013/01/08/elizabeth-warren-stops-being-indian#ixzz2HPCR0tXH

This is funny.

18. 18 | January 8, 2013 12:23 pm

19 | January 8, 2013 12:24 pm

I saw ND play once this season but not AL….
    one fact that is physically unavoidable is that it takes far more energy to play defense than offense and ND had one of the best in the country…but at the skill positions, the AL offense is awesome…a big, powerul RB, a great QB and bigtime receivers….NDs strength was the D line…ND gave up too much, too early and it turned into a romp…by halftime the ND defense had already played an entire games worth of plays…ND was nervous, they missed tackles and played out of position, all correctable if you hurry and get going…but ND had no third down stops, gave up too many big plays, moved the ball so poorly themselves that they quickly lost any decent field position because their special teams did nothing either and in the end NDs offense is set up to protect the ball and grind it out…whatever, I saw this last night so you’d assume the pro guys that cook up the rankings could too, earlier through the season….these two teams looked good for each other on paper but are not well matched up…ultimately you have to outscore your opponent, whatever it takes…if these teams played each other 100 times, AL would win 75% of the games..ND came in at #1 because they were undefeated, beat a few high profile teams but there was a heavy vote in their favor due to tradition…was there another undefeated team that was better?…who knows, but the system sucks and is inflexible because of the huge bowl money involved…so someone is going to get screwed every year…they tweaked the system with conference playoffs, but it’s not a true playoff system that the fans have been demanding, including me

20. 20 | January 8, 2013 12:24 pm

Dennis Miller:

“Obama’s press conference attendees make a Tony Robbins crowd look like skeptics.”

21. theoutsider
    21 | January 8, 2013 12:24 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    And, Aaron Rodgers is going to lose big time next week.

22. 22 | January 8, 2013 12:25 pm

Oh, so now that Fauxcohontas doesn’t “need” the fiction of her Native American ancestry, it’s inconvenient?

23. 23 | January 8, 2013 12:26 pm

@ MacDuff:

March Madness is fun.

24. 24 | January 8, 2013 12:26 pm

Later..

25. 25 | January 8, 2013 12:27 pm

The BCS is corrupt.

26. 26 | January 8, 2013 12:33 pm

@ theoutsider:

Screw off, dude.

27. theoutsider
    27 | January 8, 2013 12:34 pm

L@ Carolina Girl:
    Eliziabeth Warren provided her ancestry. Want to submit yours?

28. 28 | January 8, 2013 12:34 pm

@ theoutsider:

Screw off, dude.

29 | January 8, 2013 12:35 pm

Exactly

30. 30 | January 8, 2013 12:35 pm

@ theoutsider:

You still support Hagel? He has the same abortion views as Akins.

31 | January 8, 2013 12:37 pm

That recipe for “Trail of Tears Lobster Bisque” was bogus?

Who’da thunk it?

32. theoutsider
    32 | January 8, 2013 12:42 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Edited by Admin. Comment was in poor taste.

33. 33 | January 8, 2013 12:42 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Exactly. I don’ tenjoy sports, for the most part. Circuses for the plebians is all they wreally are. And their over-paid players think to tell the rest of us how to live our lives. That is offensive.

34. 34 | January 8, 2013 12:42 pm

@ theoutsider:

Can you answer my #30?

35. 35 | January 8, 2013 12:43 pm

@ theoutsider:

Okay, fella, that does it.
    Rodan, Speranza, CW -- I’m outa here.

36 | January 8, 2013 12:44 pm

theoutsider wrote:

Blow me!

we understand you are a blathering tool, but you don’t need to be an asshole

37 | January 8, 2013 12:45 pm

theoutsider wrote:

Blow me!

You’ll have to grow a dick first, and I think that stem-cell research has not progressed that far quite yet.

38. theoutsider
    38 | January 8, 2013 12:45 pm

What does abortion have to do with the Defense of the country? Explain?

39. 39 | January 8, 2013 12:46 pm

@ theoutsider:

Can you apologize to Carolina Girl for your obscene comments.

40 | January 8, 2013 12:47 pm

someone needs a cookie

41. 41 | January 8, 2013 12:48 pm

@ theoutsider:

Speaking of which, tell me, wise one, what is your solution to the debt? What are we going to do about run-away entitlements? By about 2025 Social Security, Medicare, and service on the debt are going to be a about all that tax revenue will cover. How are we going to pay for national defense then?

42. theoutsider
    42 | January 8, 2013 12:55 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    I didn’t mean that specifically, I was just returning a low blow.

43 | January 8, 2013 12:55 pm

Rodan, are you a ghost writer?

it takes the pros a while to catch on

44. EBL
    44 | January 8, 2013 12:55 pm

Katherine Webb Rule 5!

45. EBL
    45 | January 8, 2013 12:56 pm

Maybe McCarron did get sacked last night!

46 | January 8, 2013 12:56 pm

theoutsider wrote:

@ Carolina Girl:
    I didn’t mean that specifically, I was just returning a low blow.

then an apology should be easy…you can do it

47. 47 | January 8, 2013 12:56 pm

@ theoutsider:

Let me put this as plainly as I can. You are NEVER to direct another comment to me. Got it? Or do I need to use words of one syllable?

48 | January 8, 2013 1:01 pm

Really got to love these friendly sports threads… :twisted:

49. 49 | January 8, 2013 1:02 pm

50 | January 8, 2013 1:04 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Really got to love these friendly sports threads…

sports, the great divider…
    down with sports!

51. 51 | January 8, 2013 1:09 pm

@ heysoos:

I used to have fun going to the sports bar to watch the games -- the camaraderie, etc., but between the bar fights and everyone acting like the fate of the free world hinged on the outcome, I was happy to get Sunday Ticket, a big screen and a decent sound system. Consider a six-pack costs as much as two beers, I think I’ve come out monetarily ahead.

52 | January 8, 2013 1:11 pm

@ heysoos:
    I used to have fun going to the sports bar to watch the games — the camaraderie, etc., but between the bar fights and everyone acting like the fate of the free world hinged on the outcome, I was happy to get Sunday Ticket, a big screen and a decent sound system. Consider a six-pack costs as much as two beers, I think I’ve come out monetarily ahead.

if you like a game enough, sports bars are secondary…I watch football games pretty intently, plus I am my own best friend

53. 53 | January 8, 2013 1:14 pm

heysoos wrote:

plus I am my own best friend

Sorry, can’t accept that claim without two notarized affidavits from verified to actually exist witnesses… :razz:

54 | January 8, 2013 1:15 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    She seems so nice/

55. 55 | January 8, 2013 1:19 pm

@ heysoos:

Yes indeed. I have a better time talking back to my screen at home.

56. yenta-fada
    56 | January 8, 2013 1:25 pm

@ heysoos:

Yes indeed. I have a better time talking back to my screen at home.

If ‘inside his head-er’ met you in person, he would run away. :-)

57. 57 | January 8, 2013 1:27 pm

@ yenta-fada:

That is the absolute truth. Years ago I said that th einternet was a wonderful thing because it permitted conversations that would never take place in the real world to happen. That is a two-edged knife, though. People will say things that they’d never say in a face-to-face conversation. Usually offensive things. That took some getting used to. People just don’t talk to me that way in the meatworld. Ever.

58. Alberta Oil Peon
    58 | January 8, 2013 1:28 pm

@ theoutsider:
    Can you apologize to Carolina Girl for your obscene comments.

Why don’t you just ban the outsider permanently? It never contributes a God-damned thing except shit.

59 | January 8, 2013 1:29 pm

She seems so nice/

Elizabeth Warren is a real buffalo chip off the old block.

60. 60 | January 8, 2013 1:31 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

We really try not to ban people. Outsider is on the ice though.

61. 61 | January 8, 2013 1:31 pm

People just don’t talk to me that way in the meatworld.

I don’t blame them! :wink:

62 | January 8, 2013 1:32 pm

Lets say that you are alone in a room with Ludwig.
    Ya think that he is calling you Sir by the time that you both leave?

63. 63 | January 8, 2013 1:33 pm

@ heysoos:

One of the things I love the most about Sunday Ticket is the Game Mix Channel where I can watch 8 games at one time and flip through them. You can even back up the screens individually which is really a plus.
    (It better be -- I eat shells and tomato sauce for three months to pay for it.)

64 | January 8, 2013 1:34 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

She seems so nice/

Elizabeth Warren is a real buffalo chip off the old block.
    Was a squaw, now not. Confusing./

65. 65 | January 8, 2013 1:35 pm

Oh hell no. I’ve seen you in the meatworld, dude. You’d be my first call if I’m ever in trouble.

66. 66 | January 8, 2013 1:36 pm

Lets say that you are alone in a room with Ludwig.
    Ya think that he is calling you Sir by the time that you both leave?

Probably -- if he didn’t stutter on the “S”‘s while he was shaking on his knees on the floor.

67 | January 8, 2013 1:38 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    Ludwig is the typical tough guy behind a keyboard.(

68. 68 | January 8, 2013 1:39 pm

No, we’re not Charles here. I’m sorry to all that my inner 5-year-old got the better of me for a second.

69 | January 8, 2013 1:40 pm

@ heysoos:
    (It better be — I eat shells and tomato sauce for three months to pay for it.)

I have no income, just sitting on my stash…my cable is over $80 now, but I get every Cowboy game from the local guys and the NFL channel…I’m satisfied…I’ve been a Cowboy fan since Thanksgiving 1966 but I was raised in MI…I moved to NM 7 years ago and there a ton of CB fans here, hence I see every game…I thought I’d died and gone to heaven, really…that’s the important thing for me….after I take down Fort Knox I’m going to reconsider

70 | January 8, 2013 1:41 pm

IF is a smarmy punk….
    I love the internet!

71 | January 8, 2013 1:41 pm

De nada

72. 72 | January 8, 2013 1:42 pm

@ heysoos:

What are you looking to see the Cowboys do in the upcoming draft?

73. yenta-fada
    73 | January 8, 2013 1:43 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

We all want the guy to walk the plank. I’m on your side of the playground.

74. 74 | January 8, 2013 1:45 pm

@ yenta-fada:

You’re very kind and very sweet. Thank you.

75 | January 8, 2013 1:47 pm

@ heysoos:
    What are you looking to see the Cowboys do in the upcoming draft?

darn good question, they only have 6 picks this year and start at #18…time to groom a serious backup QB, time to go for outside linebackers, a solid big center, a right tackle, and safties in whatever order…also, Jerry Jones might try to pull off some blockbuster deal this year, however that would work…and finally there should be enough cap room to sign a couple of decent free agents…I love the draft, but I don’t get into it as deep as other fans

76 | January 8, 2013 1:48 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Carolina Girl wrote:

We all want the guy to walk the plank. I’m on your side of the playground.

I don’t mind him….he’s the only poster that I think is more stupid than me

77. 77 | January 8, 2013 1:50 pm

@ heysoos:

Anyone calling you stupid answers to ME, buddy.

78 | January 8, 2013 1:52 pm

House Democrat Making Things Up: “Majority” Of NRA Members Back Stricter Gun Laws…

The House Democrat elected to replace former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) on Monday said he believes the majority of National Rifle Association (NRA) members would back new gun-control laws.

“There are a lot of NRA members in this country, and we have significant evidence to suggest that they are not all opposed,” Rep. Ron Barber (D-Ariz.) said Tuesday on CNN. “In fact, there may well be a majority who are in favor of some limitations on the assault weapon availability.”
    Barber recounted an anecdote about a hunter and gun enthusiast from his district who told him he would favor some gun restrictions.

“This is not about taking away people’s guns,” Barber said. “This is about preventing mass shootings and doing so through providing mental health services and reducing access to these assault weapons and the high-capacity magazines that shot us in Tucson.”

Yeah…that’s why we’re getting 8,000 new members per day.

Idiot.

79. 79 | January 8, 2013 1:54 pm

They have significant evidence -- probably pulled from the same place Jerk the Wonder Prez and his minions get their significant evidence -- out of someone’s a**.

80 | January 8, 2013 1:55 pm

@ heysoos:
    Anyone calling you stupid answers to ME, buddy.

thanks for that…I try to say as much as possible with the fewest words, and people here are plenty smart enough to read between the lines if need be…others are far more eloquent and I don’t like to repeat them

81 | January 8, 2013 1:55 pm

Pelosi Unveils Dems New Term For Gun Control: “Gun Violence Prevention”…

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., has adopted a new term for gun control, “gun violence prevention,” in hopes that the euphemism will make it easier to marshal public opinion in favor of new gun laws as well as other policies designed to prevent shootings.

“If we come out of the Newtown experience and all we do is talk about it and not have a result,” Pelosi told The New York Times, “that would be a dereliction of duty on the part of us in public office. We must find a place where we can come to agreement on this.”

The paper added that “Pelosi said Democrats are no longer talking about gun control but refer instead to what she calls gun violence prevention — an effort by Democrats and their allies to find a less politically charged term, one that suggests a broader range of approaches beyond simply gun regulation.”

82 | January 8, 2013 1:56 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

They have significant evidence — probably pulled from the same place Jerk the Wonder Prez and his minions get their significant evidence — out of someone’s a**.

Michael Moore is an NRA Life Member.

He wants guns banned.

There you go…

83 | January 8, 2013 1:57 pm

Jay Carney said almost the same thing yesterday…like most Americans favor much tighter gun laws…but he didn’t produce any evidence of course….it’s just one drip at a time, comrade

84 | January 8, 2013 1:59 pm

I’m sure they think that taking away people’s guns will fix this:

Poll: Congress Less Popular Than Root Canals, Cockroaches And Lice…

A new poll shows that Congress is less popular than carnies, root canals and colonoscopies, but more popular than the ebola virus, meth labs and gonorrhea.

Those findings are in a Public Policy Polling (PPP) survey released Tuesday showed that 9 percent of the respondents held a favorable opinion of Congress, while 85 percent held an unfavorable view.

“We all know Congress is unpopular,” said Dean Debnam, PPP president. “But the fact that voters like it even less than cockroaches, lice and Genghis Kahn real shows how far its esteem has fallen with the American public over the last few weeks.”

On the bright side, Congress came out of the survey in higher standing than North Korea, the Kardashian family, and actress Lindsay Lohan, as well as Cuba’s Fidel Castro and former Sen. John Edwards.

85 | January 8, 2013 1:59 pm

if you listed all the BO admin hypocrisy on paper, it would be bigger than the tax codes!
    bada boom?

86. 86 | January 8, 2013 2:01 pm

Really delusional.

87. 87 | January 8, 2013 2:02 pm

heysoos wrote:

Every a-hole with a microphone is talking about “what the American people want” as though they actually know and no one seems to have the balls to speak up and ask them to back it up.

88. 88 | January 8, 2013 2:03 pm

bada boom?

That’s rather Dennis Miller-esque…….

89. 89 | January 8, 2013 2:06 pm

Well, yes, we have that aberration, and it IS something worth considering -- that people join the NRA for the express purpose of undermining its goals.

90. 90 | January 8, 2013 2:06 pm

Oh gawd, that’s real?

91 | January 8, 2013 2:06 pm

MacDuff wrote:

bada boom?

That’s rather Dennis Miller-esque…….

he should run for office…he has a lot of old fashioned common sense

92 | January 8, 2013 2:07 pm

Michael Moore is an NRA Life Member.

He wants guns banned.

Buying a membership in an organization whose objectives you oppose in order to provide cover for your subversive agenda is an old lefty trick.

93 | January 8, 2013 2:08 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Well, yes, we have that aberration, and it IS something worth considering — that people join the NRA for the express purpose of undermining its goals.

A tiny number do, yes.

Not enough to do any damage. Moore apparently had a grand plan to become president of the NRA and destroy it that way.

He apparently wasn’t aware of the fact that it’s an elected position.

94. 94 | January 8, 2013 2:08 pm

And gun sales have gone off the charts. People are buying guns with the idea of turning them in when the Democrat god-king decrees it so. What a fucking idiot. The question is, will he be able to sell that to enough of th elow information voters? These people are too stupid to breathe, but they get a vote the same as you and I.

95. 95 | January 8, 2013 2:10 pm

Also known as gun confiscation. We know what their end game is. They want to get everyone to register their firearms so that they can then take them up under the guise of public safety.

96 | January 8, 2013 2:11 pm

I’ve been wondering about that last sentence…if you live off the feds, is it proper to have a national vote?….a worthy debate

97. 97 | January 8, 2013 2:11 pm

He does realize he would have to convince 4,000,000 and Ted Nugent that he was the real deal, right? I think the fat has taken over his brain Lobo.

How’s the prettiest puppy in the World, by the way?

98. 98 | January 8, 2013 2:11 pm

That is the most telegraphed move ever.

99. 99 | January 8, 2013 2:14 pm

Yeah, anybody that claims they don’t see that coming is in on the scam.

100 | January 8, 2013 2:14 pm

Nancy Pelosi commiespeak…
    “gun violence prevention”

101 | January 8, 2013 2:14 pm

heysoos wrote:

…if you live off the feds, is it proper to have a national vote?

Evvabuddy got Obamaphone™!

102. 102 | January 8, 2013 2:15 pm

Yeah, anybody that claims they don’t see that coming is in on the scam.

Yup. I would expect the GOP to sell out on this, but they will hold firm. They know many like me have one foot out of the door out of the Party. If they sell out on gun control, they are done as a party.

103 | January 8, 2013 2:15 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

How’s the prettiest puppy in the World, by the way?

He apparently thought the NRA was like one of those fake left-wing “groups,” and that he could write someone a check and get the job.

Leia’s doing okay. Getting ready for another gun show this weekend. She always enjoys those.

104 | January 8, 2013 2:16 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

heysoos wrote:
    …if you live off the feds, is it proper to have a national vote?
    Evvabuddy got Obamaphone™!

with a speed dial for voting

105 | January 8, 2013 2:17 pm

Nancy Pelosi commiespeak…
    “gun violence prevention”

You want “gun violence prevention,” Nancy? Let’s hear your proposal for the Ghetto Manhood Initiative, wherein father-figures are dispatched to the nation’s baby-mama bantustans to teach the young bloods that “manhood” is not a matter of spraying bullets and sperm all over the landscape.

106. 106 | January 8, 2013 2:17 pm

They’ve been rumbling about “socialized medicine” for decades and far too many thought “it could never happen here“. Wrong. As with the Islamists, we should listen to what the bastards are actually saying and take them at their word-as is the case with the islamists, they’ve dictated their playbook.

107 | January 8, 2013 2:18 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    well that gave me a healthy laff…

108. 108 | January 8, 2013 2:19 pm

Traitor-mobile spotted in Brooklyn.

109 | January 8, 2013 2:19 pm

heysoos wrote:

well that gave me a healthy laff…

I live to serve.

110. 110 | January 8, 2013 2:20 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

I love a well-turned phrase and that one should be carved in stone. Kudos.

111 | January 8, 2013 2:22 pm

MacDuff wrote:

buzzsawmonkey wrote:
    I love a well-turned phrase and that one should be carved in stone. Kudos.

agreed, that was a monster riff

112. 112 | January 8, 2013 2:23 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Democrats do not care about dead Blacks.

113 | January 8, 2013 2:24 pm

Democrats do not care about dead Blacks.

After all, they can still vote post-mortem.

114 | January 8, 2013 2:25 pm

BTW, did you catch “Brennan Loves the Moors”?

115. 115 | January 8, 2013 2:25 pm

@ MacDuff:

Yeah, Andrew Cuomo, who is rumored to have a shot for Donk President in 2016, has openly talked about th e”need for confiscation”. Little things like Constitutionality don’t trouble the Donks. Just as they aren[‘t troubled about Freedom of Religion by Obama’s requiring Catholics and other Christians to pay for abortions. Can’t pray at a football game. That’s Establishment. But requiring people to do things that are against their fundamental religious beliefs is A-OK. The Left have a totalitarian mindset that is truly frightening. These are the kind of people that made the Khmer Rouge so terrifying.

116. 116 | January 8, 2013 2:25 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

Traitor-mobile spotted in Brooklyn.

Brooklyn? There are “war crimes” in Brooklyn? ;)

117. 117 | January 8, 2013 2:29 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

BTW, did you catch “Brennan Loves the Moors”?

Yes I did, another classic of yours!

118. 118 | January 8, 2013 2:29 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Brooklyn? There are “war crimes” in Brooklyn? ;)

Don’t know, but don’t you feel safer now that someone’s on the job? /

119. 119 | January 8, 2013 2:31 pm

Excellent. By the way, there is a “Gun Appreciation Day” being slated for the Saturday before the inauguration (I think it’s 1/27) -- where you are asked to gather at your local gun store, gun show, etc., to show support for the Second Amendment.

Wonder if the libturds would even have the courage to show up. If they DO, of course, it means everything they’ve said about gun owners is bull because they’s “skeeeered” of them.

120. 120 | January 8, 2013 2:31 pm

Yeah, Andrew Cuomo, who is rumored to have a shot for Donk President in 2016

He also came out against Fracking. This signals he’s going to run for the Dem nomination in 2016. He was governing pretty Conservatives, but he’s shifting Left now.

121. 121 | January 8, 2013 2:32 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Need to keep up the skeer…

:P

122. 122 | January 8, 2013 2:33 pm

Cuomo has the wrong skin color to be the Democrat nominee. Of course, if Elizabeth Warren could be “Cherokee”, I guess Andrew Cuomo could be “black”… :roll:

123. 123 | January 8, 2013 2:35 pm

Baby Cuomo as Prezzy? Ugh. That voice of his gets on my last nerve. I mean, I love NY accents, but his is particularly obnoxious.

124 | January 8, 2013 2:35 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Excellent. By the way, there is a “Gun Appreciation Day” being slated for the Saturday before the inauguration (I think it’s 1/27) — where you are asked to gather at your local gun store, gun show, etc., to show support for the Second Amendment.

It’s the 19th.

125. 125 | January 8, 2013 2:35 pm

Cuomo is Sicilian, so he’s pretty dark. I still think Deval Patrick is the favorite to win the Dem nod. Deval Patrick will be our Next President probably. It’s set up that way.

126 | January 8, 2013 2:35 pm

If someone can claim to be the opposite sex as a “transgender,” in total opposition to their physical configuration and DNA, wholly on the basis of “feelings,” then there is no reason why someone cannot claim to be of another race on the grounds they are “transracial.”

127 | January 8, 2013 2:35 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Democrats do not care about dead Blacks.
    After all, they can still vote post-mortem.

Especially in Chicago

128. citizen_q
    128 | January 8, 2013 2:36 pm

Denial of healthcare might be an added front, because owning a firearm is a health hazard you chose to engage in.

Sounds crazy? Several of the members of my local gun forum have had the question asked for their or their children’s medical histories,

Single provider healthcare is a totalitarian’s wet-dream.

129 | January 8, 2013 2:36 pm

who said
    “if we don’t hang together, we will hang separately”
    the GOP better hitch it up and fast

130. 130 | January 8, 2013 2:37 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I’ve no doubt that the libs will say that this timing is a “dog whistle” to assassinate Obama.

131. 131 | January 8, 2013 2:37 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

He’s not going anywhere in the Dem primaries. Even though he’s shifting Left he’s not Left enough and he’s not a media darling.

Deval Patrick will be the Democrat nominee and our next President.

132. 132 | January 8, 2013 2:37 pm

who said
    “if we don’t hang together, we will hang separately”
    the GOP better hitch it up and fast

Methinks it was Franklin….

133. 133 | January 8, 2013 2:37 pm

@ The Osprey:

Yup!

134 | January 8, 2013 2:38 pm

Cuomo?
    let me get my skin tone chart out…always prudent to check before you decide

135. 135 | January 8, 2013 2:39 pm

who said
    “if we don’t hang together, we will hang separately”
    the GOP better hitch it up and fast

I think the GOP is toast. You have real divisions. Years of playing off different groups on the Right against each other is coming to bite the GOP in the ass. We are on the verge of a One Party State for the foreseeable future.

136. 136 | January 8, 2013 2:39 pm

@ heysoos:

Benjamin Franklin. Thomas Jedfferson said that the Tree of Liberty needed to be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots from time to time. We may be headed into such a time. We will see.

137 | January 8, 2013 2:40 pm

voting is no different than picking out paint for the bathroom

138. 138 | January 8, 2013 2:41 pm

Stout Hemp Rope!

139. 139 | January 8, 2013 2:41 pm

@ The Osprey:

Oh. I don’t know why I thought the Inauguration was the 2nd -- maybe cuz of that silly Groundhog joke going around. Well color me embarrassed.

140. 140 | January 8, 2013 2:41 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

The whole damned Cuomo “dynasty” is built on a good speech given at a DNC, much like Clinton and Obama. Spike the air with helium at the next DNC and it’ll prevent this from ever happening again!

141 | January 8, 2013 2:41 pm

Currently, the Tree of Liberty is being watered by the urine of men who squat while pissing.

142. 142 | January 8, 2013 2:42 pm

The Dem ticket in 2016 will be Deval Patrick and Martin O’Malley.

143. 143 | January 8, 2013 2:42 pm

@ MacDuff:

Yes. It was Franklin. You learn SO MUCH from the movie “1776.”

144. Daffy Duck
    144 | January 8, 2013 2:42 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Do I then qualify for my reparations check?

145. 145 | January 8, 2013 2:43 pm

Maybe I should lay in a supply of Tums now. I cannot think of two dumber craptastic twits -- they’re TWO! TWO! Two Twits in One!!

146 | January 8, 2013 2:43 pm

Daffy Duck wrote:

Do I then qualify for my reparations check?

And an Obamaphone™! That’s why we’re making the rich pay their fair share!

147. 147 | January 8, 2013 2:43 pm

@ MacDuff:

Obama was elected off one good convention speech.

148. 148 | January 8, 2013 2:44 pm

@ MacDuff:

Do we know where it’s being held? I’m up for a covert mission.

149. 149 | January 8, 2013 2:44 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Maybe I should lay in a supply of Tums now. I cannot think of two dumber craptastic twits — they’re TWO! TWO! Two Twits in One!!

Get ready for it. The fix is in.

150 | January 8, 2013 2:44 pm

Obama was elected off one good convention speech.

…and a lot of media collusion and a whole passel of vote fraud.

151. 151 | January 8, 2013 2:44 pm

The Dem ticket in 2016 will be Deval Patrick and Martin O’Malley.

The “Black Irish” ticket?

152. 152 | January 8, 2013 2:45 pm

@ MacDuff:
    Do we know where it’s being held? I’m up for a covert mission.

153. 153 | January 8, 2013 2:45 pm

And isn’t it interesting that he should have been picked after all? I mean he was pretty much a politician of no accomplishment and no real note, yet out of all the minority “folks” they could have picked, out strolls the least experienced guy in the room…..

154. Daffy Duck
    154 | January 8, 2013 2:45 pm

voting is no different than picking out paint for the bathroom

I’m sorry to disagree, but I have seen people in the Home Depot / Lowe’s / etc. paint aisle take over a half hour to decide on a paint color. Cleerly, paint color choice is more important than any candidate choice…

155 | January 8, 2013 2:46 pm

my penis needs upgrading…what federal office do I call?
    thanks

156. 156 | January 8, 2013 2:46 pm

I think Dorian and I could do it. We have credentials from California. They’ll never know.

157. 157 | January 8, 2013 2:46 pm

@ heysoos:

Would you be offended if I told you we’ll take your word for it and not demand to see documentary evidence?

158. 158 | January 8, 2013 2:46 pm

@ MacDuff:

Yup, that’s what I think. The Democrats will win in a cake walk in 2016. The GOP is dysfunctional and could very will disintegrate in the next 4 years. Unless the party reforms and enters the 21st century, it has no future.

159. 159 | January 8, 2013 2:47 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Gawd, you’re on fire this afternoon! I simply must remember to turn from the screen when quaffing my pint!

160. 160 | January 8, 2013 2:47 pm

@ Daffy Duck:

Are you sure they aren’t there just to sniff the fumes out of the “Rustoleum” cans?

161. 161 | January 8, 2013 2:48 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

That’s why he was selected. Now comes Deval Patrick who is even more to the Left of Obama.

162 | January 8, 2013 2:48 pm

@ heysoos:

fine, but I have a date next month

163 | January 8, 2013 2:48 pm

heysoos wrote:

my penis needs upgrading…what federal office do I call?
    thanks

If it needed upbraiding, I’d suggest you call the Department of Dour Feminism.

If you’re looking for an upgrade, I think they send you to the Department of Extraneous Organ Removal.

164 | January 8, 2013 2:49 pm

Some thing to think about.
    If a bureaucrat tells you that he must know if you have a firearm so he can put your name on a list for the common good, or wants to issue you an identity card so that you be more easily identified — tell him to go to hell. Registration of people and firearms is the required precursor to the tyranny which permits genocide. Bureaucrats cannot send soldiers to doors that are not on their list.

165. Daffy Duck
    165 | January 8, 2013 2:50 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

No, I was sniffing fumes, these people were genuinely interested in the perfect colorations. :-)

166. 166 | January 8, 2013 2:50 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

I just got this image of Haysoos in the doorway of Nancy Pelosi’s office, requesting assistance….
    …and her facelift fails.

167. 167 | January 8, 2013 2:51 pm

@ Daffy Duck:

I don’t suppose it occurred to them that they could take a number of those little cards they give out or the brochures and, you know, bring them home and go over it there? Like normal people do?

168. Daffy Duck
    168 | January 8, 2013 2:52 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

You’re probably already on a list, whether you own a firearm (form 4473), or not -- if you’re pro-2A (NRA membership, etc.).

F*ck ‘em & Molon Labe.

169 | January 8, 2013 2:55 pm

Daffy Duck wrote:

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    You’re probably already on a list, whether you own a firearm (form 4473), or not — if you’re pro-2A (NRA membership, etc.).
    F*ck ‘em & Molon Labe.

I have the Duke Nukem attitude…
    come get some

170. Daffy Duck
    170 | January 8, 2013 2:58 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Hey! I wasn’t criticizing people for taking >30 minutes to decide on paint color (I do that -- that’s why my wall colors never look like they do in the store -- lol), I was just saying people put more effort into that, than they do considering a candidate…

171 | January 8, 2013 3:00 pm

Daffy Duck wrote:

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    F*ck ‘em & Molon Labe.

I have the Duke Nukem attitude…
    come get some

… and I’m all out of gum …

172 | January 8, 2013 3:01 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    heh, yup

173. 173 | January 8, 2013 3:02 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Low Information Voters are everywhere.

174. 174 | January 8, 2013 3:04 pm

@ Daffy Duck:

Oh I know -- I just can’t picture trying to decide on a paint color in the store itself. But yeah -- most liberal women I know agonize over which purse to buy than they do over the candidate.

Oh, and to get back to Sports, Roy Parker is back being an asshole about RGIII again -- I guess he figures it’s safe to dump on the kid -- now it’s he’s rejecting his Blackness -- like OJ Simpson did. Uh, dude -- I’m sure there are plenty of Black athletes that have White girlfriends -- there’s no need to compare him to the Brentwood Knife Killer.

175 | January 8, 2013 3:06 pm

Daffy Duck wrote:

@ Da_Beerfreak:

F*ck ‘em & Molon Labe.

I know I’m on a few FedGov lists. Having a license issued by the Feds will get you into their database.

176. 176 | January 8, 2013 3:09 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Since we are on the topic of gun control, too, what caliber was OJ’s weapon of choice again? Seeing as how only guns can be used to kill people and all… :roll:

177. 177 | January 8, 2013 3:11 pm

New thread.

178. 178 | January 8, 2013 3:12 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

This thread I did has Leo Terrell ignoring that very same question!

179. Daffy Duck
    179 | January 8, 2013 3:13 pm

Looks to be about a 6″ Stiletto

180 | January 8, 2013 3:17 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

What about all those law abiding citizens with lawfully obtained firearms that are committing mass murder in public places?? Shouldn’t we do something about them before we start picking on OJ again??

181. Alberta Oil Peon
    181 | January 8, 2013 3:50 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

Traitor-mobile spotted in Brooklyn.

Reason #367 why you should always have a few caltrops in your purse.

182. Alberta Oil Peon
    182 | January 8, 2013 3:52 pm

The Osprey wrote:

buzzsawmonkey wrote:
    Democrats do not care about dead Blacks.
    After all, they can still vote post-mortem.

Especially in Chicago

Good to see you back! How are you feeling?

183 | January 8, 2013 4:27 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

The Osprey wrote:

buzzsawmonkey wrote:
    Democrats do not care about dead Blacks.
    After all, they can still vote post-mortem.

Especially in Chicago

Good to see you back! How are you feeling?

Tired.

184. Buckeye Abroad
    184 | January 8, 2013 6:06 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Did you point out that Michigan plays in the same “cupcake” conference? Accept that last game of the year when they are bumped out of the Rose Bowl, your friend should accept they will always be whiny liltte prats with no future.