Marine Joshua Boston to Dianne Feinstein – I AM NOT YOUR SERVANT

by 1389AD ( 133 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Marine Corps, Second Amendment at January 11th, 2013 - 5:00 pm

On YouTube:

Published on Jan 9, 2013 by JesusTheWay2

Joshua Boston wrote a letter to Senator Dianne Feinstein, declaring that “I am not your subject,” which has drawn plenty of attention in the post-Newtown political arena. Boston appeared on Fox and Friends this morning not just to talk about the letter, but to rebut Feinstein’s response to it.

Here is the letter the marine wrote to Senator Feinstein:

“Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own.

Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain.

I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl, United States Marine Corps
2004-2012″

Hot Air: Video: “I am not your subject”

Tags:

Comments

133 Responses to “Marine Joshua Boston to Dianne Feinstein – I AM NOT YOUR SERVANT”

1. taxfreekiller
    1 | January 11, 2013 5:08 pm

These worthless tits of a bore hog commie Democrats and ebabeing RINO’s will shit on Americas fighting men one time to many.

Time runs thin now.

They are playing with fire at close range.

They do not know me.

2. 2 | January 11, 2013 5:09 pm

Straightforward, to the point, etc.

3 | January 11, 2013 5:23 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Straightforward, to the point, etc.

yep. no wasted frills and flourishes there.

4. taxfreekiller
    4 | January 11, 2013 5:23 pm

Do not live in fear.

There is only fear itself.

Act Up.

5. 5 | January 11, 2013 5:27 pm

As IF keeps pointing out, the people panic-buying everything out there are not doing so just turn it all in when asked to. The NRA is a measely 4+ million people, but there’s literally scores of million more behind them.

Minus the Fudds.

6 | January 11, 2013 5:30 pm

@ Mike C.:

alas. i had some weapons that would be worth a lot right now but they were lost in the blizzard and lahar on 93.

too bad. maybe one day i can afford to replace them.

7. 7 | January 11, 2013 5:32 pm

I have only old-timey stuff -- SA revolvers, lever guns with low capacity, that sort of thing.

8 | January 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Anger is a great counter to fear. Especially when you can make the other side fear your anger… :twisted:

9 | January 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Minus the Fudds.

Folks are digging in. The Trolls from DC Town had better realize that before it’s too late and things turn ugly.

10. AZfederalist
    10 | January 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Had the same problem here. All my ammo went into the drink when the boat capsized. Darn shame really.

11. AZfederalist
    11 | January 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Kudos to that marine. Well and succinctly stated.

12 | January 11, 2013 5:42 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

yep. sad day.

13. 13 | January 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Piss Morgan had this guy on the other night, hoping for ratings. I don’t know if he was disrespectful to him or not, and nothing can make me search for the video, I can’t stand that bastard.

14. unclassifiable
    14 | January 11, 2013 5:49 pm

All I have is industrial hole punchers for binding large document collections.

Do you know how much force it takes to punch through a grant request for a sustainable green energy LGTB tofu factory?

Obama and the Dems really are the best sales people for thes things.

15 | January 11, 2013 5:50 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

one that requires at least 5000 fps.

16 | January 11, 2013 5:53 pm

“your servant”…
    these buttchuggers work for us, not the other way around…they need to be re-enlightened…mob their homes and scream, mock their stupidity, belittle them in public…elevating these asshole above their station is almost treason in it’s self

17 | January 11, 2013 5:54 pm

It’s interesting how the response from Feinstein’s office talks about the rights of “hunters and sportsmen.”

Too bad hunting has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

18. unclassifiable
    18 | January 11, 2013 5:54 pm

It’s that “return energy” knocking me back to the next county that I am having to figure out.

On the other hand the neighbors seem to be good natured about it.

19. unclassifiable
    19 | January 11, 2013 5:56 pm

Later folks.

Got some tinkering to do.

20. 20 | January 11, 2013 5:59 pm

unclassifiable wrote:
    one that requires at least 5000 fps.

Speaking of which…

I wonder if somebody could engineer a pistol to hold, say, 20 of those bad boys? Not that I would purchase such a thing, of course. Just interested in the engineering aspects….

21 | January 11, 2013 6:02 pm

@ Mike C.:

i used to play around with one of those .17hmr’s.

i liked it alot. this new 17sm should be interesting

22 | January 11, 2013 6:02 pm

@ Mike C.:

Don’t see why they couldn’t. Kel-Tec already makes their PMR-30 that holds 30 rounds of 22WMRF.

23. AZfederalist
    23 | January 11, 2013 6:06 pm

@ Mike C.:

Oh, I’d like one of those, it would be great for prairie dogs and might be acceptable for my recovering eye. That is, if I were to get a gun to replace those lost in the big accident.

24 | January 11, 2013 6:09 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

@ Mike C.:

why shoot prairie dogs?

25 | January 11, 2013 6:10 pm

why shoot prairie dogs?

You must not own any horses or cattle in prairie dog country.

26. Lily
    26 | January 11, 2013 6:11 pm

A gun thread.
    /I don’t know where my gun is. Lost it. Hubby was ticked too.

27. 27 | January 11, 2013 6:11 pm

AZfederalist wrote:
    @ Mike C.:

why shoot prairie dogs?

are they any good to eat? just curious

28 | January 11, 2013 6:11 pm

AZfederalist wrote:
    @ Mike C.:

why shoot prairie dogs?

horses fall in the holes and break legs.

up here its groundhogs tho, and bigger holes.

29. 29 | January 11, 2013 6:12 pm

why shoot prairie dogs?
    You must not own any horses or cattle in prairie dog country.

they make holes in the ground that trip up livestock

30. Lily
    30 | January 11, 2013 6:12 pm

why shoot prairie dogs?
    You must not own any horses or cattle in prairie dog country.

I don’t but I have heard they are really, really, really a problem. ;)

31 | January 11, 2013 6:13 pm

hahaha!

32 | January 11, 2013 6:13 pm

@ 1389AD:

are they any good to eat? just curious

Pretty much like giant rats, so probably not.

And they carry bubonic plague.

33. AZfederalist
    33 | January 11, 2013 6:14 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

@ Mike C.:

why shoot prairie dogs?

Let’s see, for starters, destruction of 12acres of alfalfa on Dad’s farm. Along with pasture destruction, ruining barley crops and other destruction. Harboring bubonic plague is just a bonus.

Destructive and persistent little varmints that we never had when I was growing up. Suspect some kind-hearted developer relocated them to dad’s place and they multiplied.

34. Lily
    34 | January 11, 2013 6:14 pm

1389AD wrote:

AZfederalist wrote:
    @ Mike C.:
    why shoot prairie dogs?
    are they any good to eat? just curious

One would have to ask a Coon-ass on that one and there isn’t any prairie dogs in Coon-ass country. I wonder if they taste like squirrels? They eat those around here.

35. Lily
    35 | January 11, 2013 6:17 pm

@ Lily:

They just about eat anything around here. Lucky for the P-dogs. ;)

36 | January 11, 2013 6:17 pm

I know what prairie dogs do…I was setting up for a recipe, or ask then what to you do with the holes?

37. AZfederalist
    37 | January 11, 2013 6:19 pm

@ Lily:

Haven’t heard of anyone eating them. My brother stuffed a couple for his high school taxidermy class years ago. Think they’d be pretty gamey.

38. Lily
    38 | January 11, 2013 6:19 pm

heysoos wrote:

Well ask some bears. Just saying.

39. 39 | January 11, 2013 6:20 pm

Interesting -- all that posturing, and now….

Looks like they’ll be abandoning it for now….they’re hoping that they’ll get a House majority in 2014 and will revisit it then, of course.

Also, they’ll be needing some time to work their warfare magic and demonize gun owners and the NRA -- after all “Occupy Trigger Finger” can’t be built in a day…

40. Lily
    40 | January 11, 2013 6:21 pm

@ AZfederalist:

Oh indeed! I don’t eat squirrels…but lots of people do around here.

41. AZfederalist
    41 | January 11, 2013 6:21 pm

@ heysoos:

Holes either get filled or are left to collapse on their own.

42 | January 11, 2013 6:21 pm

@ Mike C.:

Damn, and I just bought a .17HMR rifle last year…that looks like a neat round.

43. 43 | January 11, 2013 6:24 pm

@ Lily:

In Louisiana, I thought squirrels were one of the main food groups. God knows my inlaws went huntin’ for them and frogs on a regular basis. I’d go visit and NEVER ‘et’ the gumbo.

44 | January 11, 2013 6:24 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Well, that’s good news, but I was rather annoyed NRO referred to Joe Biden as “Sheriff Joe”.

There’s only one Sheriff Joe and he’s right here in Arizona and he ain’t a damn Democrat!

45 | January 11, 2013 6:24 pm

the prairie dog pie sounds tasty…

46. 46 | January 11, 2013 6:26 pm

@ The Osprey:

Oh they came up with that moniker for him that he was gonna clean up the mess. Clean up? That guy couldn’t be trusted not to do himself a mischief with a damn Swifter.

47 | January 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Lily:

You can make Brunswick Stew with squirrel meat too.

I’ve never understood they objection to eating squirrel. They’re not rats, they don’t eat garbage, they eat healthy natural stuff like nuts, acorns and seeds.

48 | January 11, 2013 6:27 pm

The Environmental Protection Agency collected $252 million in civil and criminal penalties in fiscal year 2012 – an all-time record amount, and more than twice the $168 million assessed in fiscal 2011, according to the agency’s annual enforcement results.

The agency touted the fiscal 2012 fines and other enforcement actions in a Dec. 17 news release, calling them the result of “vigorous enforcement.”

For example, in the past year, school bus contractors have been fined more than $400,000 for “excessive idling,” and landlords have been penalized more than $40,000 for failing to hand out “EPA-approved” pamphlets on the dangers of lead-based paint.

49. Lily
    49 | January 11, 2013 6:27 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Lily:

Don’t blame you!!! A true Coon-ass eats all kinds of things frogs, turtles, squirrels, gators you name it.
    /now my gumbo would be either shrimp or chicken and sausage. The gamey stuff I’m not all that in to. In fact I don’t eat it at all!!!
    ;) El yucko I say!

50 | January 11, 2013 6:27 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Lily:

I shot a squirrel once, skinned it, cooked it up and tried to eat it….it tasted really bad, but it was so loaded with shot it was unedible

51 | January 11, 2013 6:28 pm

@ Lily:

Don’t y’all have those big rodents with the nice fur that got brought in from Argentina or somewhere? Nutria, I think they are called?

52. Lily
    52 | January 11, 2013 6:29 pm

@ heysoos:

Really? I’m not surprised to be honest.

53 | January 11, 2013 6:29 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Lily:

Did you fry it in the popcorn popper, like Mike Huckabee?

54 | January 11, 2013 6:30 pm

Off to go set up for the gun show.

I’ve been hoping it would warm up. At least the wind has died down some.

55. Lily
    55 | January 11, 2013 6:32 pm

The Osprey wrote:

@ Lily:

Yep! They are now a problem. Big problem. In Cameron parish they are all over the place.

56 | January 11, 2013 6:32 pm

Lily wrote:

@ heysoos:
    Really? I’m not surprised to be honest.

an old 20ga shotgun was all we had and some bird shot…blew it apart actually, but it tasted awful…I’ve had turtle down in Jamaica, very good…was a stew with a base from pumpkin…the same soup they use for conch….yummy

57 | January 11, 2013 6:33 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Carolina Girl wrote:
    @ Lily:

Did you fry it in the popcorn popper, like Mike Huckabee?

made a stew, with tomato and potato etc

58 | January 11, 2013 6:33 pm

Hmmm...some of these recipes sound downright tasty.

59. Lily
    59 | January 11, 2013 6:34 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:
    @ Lily:

Need to ask someone from Louisiana besides me…for how to cook those up so they don’t taste gamey and full of buck-shot. It’s an art in how to cook them around here.

60. 60 | January 11, 2013 6:35 pm

The Osprey wrote:

@ Lily:

I’ve heard they’re pretty tasty if cooked properly. Glenn Reynolds over at Instapundit is always talking about eating the “nuisance species” like nutria and zebra mussels and it sounds like a good idea.

61 | January 11, 2013 6:37 pm

Lily wrote:

Carolina Girl wrote:
    @ Lily:

we were just dicking around, experimenting…I don’t think a shotgun is the way to go…I’ve yet to taste anything in LA that wasn’t good…gator tail is excellent

62. Lily
    62 | January 11, 2013 6:39 pm

@ heysoos:

Hubby says you have pick all the shot out and it’s good IF cooked right. Me…I would never even taste it.

63 | January 11, 2013 6:40 pm

@ heysoos:

Alligator is fantastic. They have alligator fritters on the appetizer’s list at Pappadeux. I’m not sure what part of the ‘gator the meat was from but the texture of it reminded me of lobster.

64. Lily
    64 | January 11, 2013 6:40 pm

@ heysoos:

LOL! I have come across somethings I will not taste. Sure there is plenty of good food…but there is some strange food too. ;)

65. Lily
    65 | January 11, 2013 6:41 pm

The Osprey wrote:

@ heysoos:

The only meat you eat off a gator is the tail.
    /asking hubby …because I don’t eat that stuff. ;)

66. 66 | January 11, 2013 6:42 pm

Lobo

Yeah, I ‘ve read about that Kel-Tec. Not much of a round unless you had to walk into a cloud of them.

67 | January 11, 2013 6:42 pm

The Osprey wrote:

@ heysoos:

from the tail…cut filets, skewer them, dipped in batter and deep fried….it’s a staple at fairs and festivals all across the south…gator on a stick

68. 68 | January 11, 2013 6:43 pm

@ Lily:

I suppose dog and rattlesnake is right out then…

69. Lily
    69 | January 11, 2013 6:45 pm

@ heysoos:

Also gator balls kinda like hush-puppies.

70 | January 11, 2013 6:45 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ Lily:
    I suppose dog and rattlesnake is right out then…

rattlesnake is really good…nuggets…but BBQ was the only time I’ve had it…a fine, white meat, very tender

71. AZfederalist
    71 | January 11, 2013 6:46 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Nutria rats

72 | January 11, 2013 6:46 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ Lily:

I suppose dog and rattlesnake is right out then…

I’ve had rattlesnake here in AZ and was not impressed. Kind of like a very dry bony fish.
    Maybe it was the chef but I thought alligator was better.

73. Lily
    73 | January 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ Lily:
    I suppose dog and rattlesnake is right out then…

Yeah…but they don’t eat dog around here …rattlesnake is on the menu…but not for me.
    /damn I have to ask the hubby on some of these foods…YUCK!!!!

74 | January 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ Lily:
    I suppose dog and rattlesnake is right out then…

I had it fried. It might be better marinated and BBQ’d

75 | January 11, 2013 6:49 pm

Lily wrote:

@ heysoos:
    Also gator balls kinda like hush-puppies.

I need to get back to the Gulf…I love it over there, and you’re making me hungry…there is an annual music festival in Norfolk, VA…called the Bayou Boogaloo, a tribute to NOLA…they really put up the chow, all vendors are from LA….been there three times and I tell you I never at like that….first time I ever ate crawfish out of a box, gator tail and some other stuff…ice cold Abita beer, lots of zydeco…that’s what I work and live for, stuff like that

76 | January 11, 2013 6:50 pm

@ heysoos:

Norfolk VA? There will be some good blue crab there for sure!

77 | January 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Lily wrote:

@ heysoos:

Also gator balls kinda like hush-puppies.

Oh, that sounds good!

78. AZfederalist
    78 | January 11, 2013 6:52 pm

Crawfish ettouffe. Love the stuff

79. 79 | January 11, 2013 6:52 pm

Tastes just like chicken!

The rattlesnake, not the dog. The dog is more like beef. I don’t know what the steamed cicadia larva tasted like because I do draw lines in some places. Sea cucumber tastes like boiled snot. About what I’d image the texture to be, too.

80 | January 11, 2013 6:52 pm

The Osprey wrote:

@ heysoos:
    Norfolk VA? There will be some good blue crab there for sure!

it’s not a real huge gig, but very high quality…I’ve driven down from MI. spend three days or so and come back…I like Norfolk

81. Lily
    81 | January 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Lily wrote:
    @ heysoos:
    Also gator balls kinda like hush-puppies.

Why go all the way to Norfolk? Just stop here and hit one the festivals! Plenty of that food around here..oh and I forgot Gar Fish balls too! ;)

82 | January 11, 2013 6:55 pm

I highly recommend this party if your around those parts…this gig is a blast….

83. Lily
    83 | January 11, 2013 6:56 pm

The Osprey wrote:

@ heysoos:
    Norfolk VA? There will be some good blue crab there for sure!

Now we even have wonderful blue crabs here….uhmmmmmmmm!!!!

84 | January 11, 2013 6:57 pm

Lily wrote:

Lily wrote:
    @ heysoos:
    Also gator balls kinda like hush-puppies.

LA is pretty special…can’t rush a trip through there

85. Lily
    85 | January 11, 2013 7:00 pm

@ heysoos:

Have to agree Louisiana is a different type of state for sure. I lived in another state for 2 years and I really missed Louisiana. It gets in your blood. Hot as hell at times….but lovely too!

86. 86 | January 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Kel-Tec also makes this bad-ass motherfucker!

87. CynicalConservative
    87 | January 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Hmmm, got a line on a WW1 era 1911…

/tempting

//galt

88. Lily
    88 | January 11, 2013 7:10 pm

For once I didn’t kill this thread. For once. What a wonderful feeling. Kinda. ;)

89. Lily
    89 | January 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Someone needs to comment here or I will have killed this thread. :(
    /again.

90 | January 11, 2013 7:16 pm

CynicalConservative wrote:

Hmmm, got a line on a WW1 era 1911…

/tempting

//galt

I’ve been eyeballing this S&W 500 Magnum.

91 | January 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Lily wrote:

Someone needs to comment here or I will have killed this thread.
    /again.

lillied.

92. Lily
    92 | January 11, 2013 7:18 pm

I do have a rare *gift* now don’t I??? ;)

93. Moe Katz
    93 | January 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Huck -- This is a drive-by, but check this link vis-a-vis our previous discussion

Might make a good thread topic.

94. 94 | January 11, 2013 7:24 pm

@ Lily:

My father in law had a GREAT gumbo recipe and it included chicken, shrimp and sausage. He gave me the recipe so I could make it when we left Louisiana.

Of course, it costs over $100 to make it correctly, since I have to send away for the andouille sausage and the Gulf shrimp. However, it feeds an army.

95. 95 | January 11, 2013 7:26 pm

@ Lily:

I hear ya on that. Barely lived in New Orleans for two years but it just stays with you. Lived in San Francisco for 14 years and soooo want to put it behind me.

96. eaglesoars
    96 | January 11, 2013 7:47 pm

RED BEANS AND RICE!!

My mama was born and raised in New Orleans and New Orleans will always mean red beans and rice. It’s taken me a few tries, but I think I have it down now.

Lily, do you believe this? There’s this new cookbook out Mastering the Art of Southern Cooking. One of the authors worked with Julia Child. I was SO exxcited when my copy arrived.

Guess what. There is not ONE recipe for red beans and rice. Okra is mentioned twice.

The thing is huge -- doorstop huge -- so don’t tell me they couldn’t find room.

I’m donating it to the library.

97. AZfederalist
    97 | January 11, 2013 7:51 pm

@ huckfunn:

:-)

98. 98 | January 11, 2013 7:54 pm

@ AZfederalist:

Got a great recipe for that, too. I think I’ll include it in the Superbowl cookbook.

99. 99 | January 11, 2013 7:55 pm

@ Mike C.:

I will forego asking Mike for his field research notes on the determination of the taste of boiled snot……

100 | January 11, 2013 7:55 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

The thing is huge — doorstop huge — so don’t tell me they couldn’t find room.

I’m donating it to the library.

not very southern now is it?

101. 101 | January 11, 2013 7:57 pm

@ eaglesoars:

That’s how you knew it was Monday in New Orleans -- Red Beans and Rice.

102. 102 | January 11, 2013 7:58 pm

Bet there also isn’t a recipe for pineapple cake with coconut frosting -- our Easter dessert staple!

103 | January 11, 2013 8:04 pm

if you are gonna make beans and rice, try cooking the rice in coconut milk…down in Jamaica the best rice is cooked with fresh of the tree milk…you’ll not be disappointed

104 | January 11, 2013 8:17 pm

@ Moe Katz:
    Hey, Moe. Didn’t mean to ignore you. I was reading the article and then got hung up on a long phone conversation. I’ll comment after I’ve had a chance to read the whole thing.

105 | January 11, 2013 8:19 pm

yum!

106 | January 11, 2013 8:20 pm

huckfunn wrote:

@ Moe Katz:

you’ve been ignoring me lately too…you never call, you never write…
    a little tom foolery

107 | January 11, 2013 8:24 pm

@ heysoos:
    Back down in Ruidoso after a week in Santa Rosa. Gee, that’s a nuthin’ little berg but the people are real nice. The winds are just howling here. I was dodging tumbleweeds the whole trip. There… feel better now?

108 | January 11, 2013 8:24 pm

heysoos wrote:

quite often, coconut milk is used in baked goods as well….this is country cooking…it enhances everything it’s used for…a very slight sweetening, and with rice it even alters the texture….just a wee bit

109 | January 11, 2013 8:25 pm

huckfunn wrote:

is there any snow down there?…snow and rain is of great interest to us

110 | January 11, 2013 8:33 pm

@ 37 AZfederalist: 3 foot hole in ground, hot coals, two big heavy flat rocks. Sandwhich the little bastards, heat for a few hours and you have a Peruvian Pizza.

111 | January 11, 2013 8:35 pm

@ 44 The Osprey: Mayberry Joe Fife

112 | January 11, 2013 8:36 pm

@ 47 The Osprey:
    Bullwinkle burgers

113 | January 11, 2013 8:38 pm

darkwords wrote:

something about smaller mammals I don’t seem to like…rabbit and squirrel don’t suit me…I’ve eaten alot of game but looking back the herd animals are my favorite…prong horn is delicious beyond belief and I’m a white tail hunter and eater

114 | January 11, 2013 8:47 pm

is there any snow down there?…snow and rain is of great interest to us

There is some snow but not much. Looks like there’s a small chance for more over the weekend. Whatcha got up in Appleturkey?

115 | January 11, 2013 8:48 pm

For fish. We liked crappie. Then maybe perch or walleye. Catfish and Salmon over rated. Ocean fish orange roughy from South America.

116. AZfederalist
    116 | January 11, 2013 8:49 pm

That sounds really good.

117. Mars
    117 | January 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Interesting — all that posturing, and now….
    Also, they’ll be needing some time to work their warfare magic and demonize gun owners and the NRA — after all “Occupy Trigger Finger” can’t be built in a day…

Now, the White House is in full damage-control mode, telling the Washington Post that “the report is false.” According to a White House spokesman, “the president has been clear that Congress should reinstate the assault-weapons ban and that avoiding this issue just because it’s been politically difficult in the past is not an option.”

Doesn’t sound to me like they’re abandoning it. Biden apparently let leak the WH plans for the executive orders. Longer more intrusive background checks, ban on 30 round mags, limitations on certain types of ammo, reinstatement of the Klinton “assault” weapon ban, and basically shutting down gun shows to stop the imaginary loophole.

118. 118 | January 11, 2013 8:52 pm

darkwords wrote:

My favorite fish is bluegill. The bones are a lot of trouble but no other fish tastes as good.

Here are two foods I have never tried, and don’t plan to:

Fuligo septica, a slime mold a/k/a caca de luna

Corn smut a/k/a huitlacoche

119 | January 11, 2013 8:53 pm

huckfunn wrote:

is there any snow down there?…snow and rain is of great interest to us

we had an inch last week which melted away in tow hours…I’m getting worried bro…the climate is not good in these parts…little snow in the lower Sangre de Cristos or Jemez… got our fingers crossed

121 | January 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Amazing how many people just stroll into tattoo parlors and say “Give me the dumbest thing you can think of.”
    Retweeted by Sarah Beattie

122 | January 11, 2013 8:57 pm

did a LOT of fishing in my day…the tastiest freshwater fish is walleye, by far…but I’ve enjoyed tons of panfish, smallmouth bass and whitefish…smallmouth are really fun to catch, very aggressive once you hook em, every bit as fun as rainbow

124 | January 11, 2013 9:03 pm

pound for pound a bluegill is the hardest fighting fish…same with bonefish or tarpon in rivers along the Florida coast…I could not believe how aggressive bonefish are…those fuckers will leap 15ft outa the water

123. 125 | January 11, 2013 9:10 pm

darkwords wrote:

Retweeted by Sarah Beattie

Same as they do in the polling places!

124. Moe Katz
    126 | January 11, 2013 9:10 pm

@ huckfunn:
    No hurry, that really was a drive-by on my part.

127 | January 11, 2013 9:13 pm

not exactly a fishing blog…doh!

126. rain of lead
    128 | January 11, 2013 9:18 pm

all this food talk

Jimmy will play for gumbo

129 | January 11, 2013 9:29 pm

@ rain of lead:
    I do Buffet…thanks

128. Calo
    130 | January 11, 2013 9:30 pm

heysoos wrote:

not exactly a fishing blog…doh!

No, not a fishing blog.

:shock:

129. brookly red
    131 | January 11, 2013 9:34 pm

Calo wrote:

heysoos wrote:

not exactly a fishing blog…doh!

No, not a fishing blog.

can’t fish without bait… even a city boy knows that.

130. Calo
    132 | January 11, 2013 9:43 pm

@ brookly red:

131. rain of lead
    133 | January 11, 2013 9:44 pm

@ heysoos:

if i think hard enough I can find buffet song for just about anything