First time visitor? Learn more.

Caturday: Social network for cat lovers only

by 1389AD ( 106 Comments › )
Filed under Caturday, Open thread at January 12th, 2013 - 8:00 pm

Toronto Star: Cool cats now have their own online social network

Cat at computer

(h/t: IOTW)

By Lesley Ciarula Taylor

Social networking for cats has arrived.

Two tech geeks with a fondness for felines and an eye for niche marketing have created Catmoji, a Pinterest-like website that is wall-to-wall cat pictures, cat videos and cat chats.

Matthew Phiong and Koekoe Loo don’t actually own cats themselves, they told the Toronto Star by email on Monday.

They had previously created the social network Flvrd, a website where users could share any visual content they liked.

“We found out that most of our users share cat pictures and videos,” they said.

“We also like to procrastinate with cats on the Internet so we decided to just focus on cat pictures and videos.”

The emoji (emoticon) part of the site lets users find their favourite felines by emotion: happy, sad, cute or funny. There are kitten pages, genetic anomaly pages and celebricat pages.

And the cats get to like, share and comment on other cats.

Catmoji launched on Christmas Eve with 800 users who post their own images. They’ve doubled that membership in two weeks, the pair said.

“We are working round the clock to keep Catmoji up and running.”

Phiong, an online developer with a passion for startups, and Loo, an artist, were born and raised in Penang, Malaysia, where they studied computer science together.

Phiong did have a pet cat as a boy and Loo fostered a stray who died, which they speculate may be the root of their fascination.

Or, as they said, perhaps they just like “building eye candy projects that bring happiness to others.”

Story here.

I’m not gonna look at the genetic anomalies pages. That sounds like nightmare fuel to me.

Yes, Catmoji is on Twitter and Facebook.


Tags:

Comments

Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

Play nice!

106 Responses to “Caturday: Social network for cat lovers only”
( jump to bottom )

  1. Insert Clever Name Here
    1 | January 12, 2013 8:17 pm

    Um, OK. I’ll take a Firstie if nobody else wants it.

    Cats: my cat is kinda boring and dumb. Interested in food and not much else.


  2. Dolphin
    2 | January 12, 2013 8:28 pm

    @ Insert Clever Name Here:
    Not mine. Smart as sh!t. Too smart. Dog smart. We call him are cat/dog.


  3. Dolphin
    3 | January 12, 2013 8:33 pm

    @ Dolphin:
    Are=our. Very long day.


  4. Insert Clever Name Here
    4 | January 12, 2013 8:33 pm

    The only endearing thing about our cat is how she insists on curling up on my lap late at night / right about bed time. For warmth I guess…


  5. eaglesoars
    5 | January 12, 2013 9:55 pm

    Oh my gosh! Those are some cute little critters!


  6. eaglesoars
    6 | January 12, 2013 11:25 pm

    1389AD, I know this is a cat thread, but if you don’t mind -- this is a dog video but it is so funny and so well done I thought everyone would enjoy it.

    Two Dogs Dining in a Restaurant


  7. heysoos
    7 | January 13, 2013 4:33 am

    I have feral cats hanging out around my bunkhouse…personally I think they are awesome…only difference between them and a jaguar is size…there is a wild female calico that owns the big tree in my courtyard patio…domestic, declawed, fatass, house cats do not interest me


  8. Guggi
    8 | January 13, 2013 4:46 am

    Obama Will Seek Citizenship Path in One Fast Push

    President Obama and lawmakers from the two parties believe that their best chances for passing substantial legislation on immigration will come early in his second term.


  9. 9 | January 13, 2013 6:53 am

    @ heysoos:

    I for one do not approve of declawing cats. If you can’t stand the idea that cats scratch things, either don’t have a cat, or get a stuffed one.


  10. heysoos
    10 | January 13, 2013 7:32 am

    Mike C. wrote:

    @ heysoos:
    I for one do not approve of declawing cats. If you can’t stand the idea that cats scratch things, either don’t have a cat, or get a stuffed one.

    cats need to be left alone…I admire their independence. cats climb, it’s what they do and to rip their claws is unthinkable…cats are not pillows, they are natural born killers


  11. 11 | January 13, 2013 7:46 am

    @ heysoos:

    TGoP ordered what is essentially an odd cardboard box for our cat. It is floored and walled with courragated cardboard end-on, so the courragations are facing the interior rather than the smooth faces. The cat loves to scratch the hell out of it. Saves a lot of wear and tear on the furniture and the knotted rugs. Since it’s a special pet thing, I’m sure it’s relatively overpriced, but still worth every penney. You can never tell what any individual cat will go for, but I’d recommend giving one a try.


  12. 12 | January 13, 2013 8:20 am

    And in case anybody missed it on the thread below, a growing “big box” retailer takes a stand…

    Are you listeniung, Wal-mart?

    Hat tip -- Scott Johnson at Powerline.


  13. 13 | January 13, 2013 9:04 am

    @ Mike C.:

    I wish they were a local chain- I’d go there in a heartbeat!

    Of course, now they’ll ban shotguns because of the amount of damage they do with each individual shot.


  14. 14 | January 13, 2013 9:07 am

    @ mfhorn:

    Bill Clinton ruled (by Executive Order) that three types of shotgun were destructive devices: the Stryker 12, Streetsweeper, and USAS 12. To my knowledge, that designation has never been challenged in Court. I worry that Obama may try to do something similar with all semi-automatic weapons. I certainly hope that such an Executive Order would be challenged in Court, though I no longer trust John Roberts on the issue.


  15. Guggi
    15 | January 13, 2013 9:41 am

    Iron Fist wrote:

    though I no longer trust John Roberts on the issue.

    Roberts is a snake.


  16. 16 | January 13, 2013 10:17 am

    Iron Fist wrote:

    @ mfhorn:
    Bill Clinton ruled (by Executive Order) that three types of shotgun were destructive devices: the Stryker 12, Streetsweeper, and USAS 12. To my knowledge, that designation has never been challenged in Court. I worry that Obama may try to do something similar with all semi-automatic weapons. I certainly hope that such an Executive Order would be challenged in Court, though I no longer trust John Roberts on the issue.

    Look on the bright side -- now the grabbers are threatening the Fudds, too. Semi-auto shotguns are the modern standard for upland birds, migratory fowl, skeet and trap. Might finally get the Fudds to wake the hell up… Both Beretta and Benelli make semi-auto shotguns that hold 8 rounds -- a devastating short range weapon if loaded with buckshot.


  17. RIX
    17 | January 13, 2013 10:20 am

    By Agence France-Presse

    Hong Kong action hero Jackie Chan has once again provoked criticism, this time from an American blogger, after suggesting on Chinese television that the US is the “most corrupt” country in the world.

    “When you talk about corruption — the whole world, is there corruption in the United States? The most corrupt in the world!” the Rush Hour star, who has made headlines recently for his controversial views, told Phoenix TV last month.

    Chan reaffirmed his view after the show’s host questioned him — “Of course! Where did the great breakdown come from? The world, the United States started it,” Chan said, referring to the financial crisis and gesticulating as he spoke.

    Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/jackie-chan/2013/01/12/chinese-actor-jackie-chan-calls-us-most-corrupt-country-world#ixzz2HrwufO00

    well screw yourself , no more Kung Fu Panda.


  18. Guggi
    18 | January 13, 2013 10:30 am

    @ RIX:

    Most Europeans would agree with him.


  19. RIX
    19 | January 13, 2013 10:38 am

    Guggi wrote:

    @ RIX:

    Most Europeans would agree with him.

    Good morning Guggi. That’s too bad, lots of GI Cemeteries in France.


  20. 20 | January 13, 2013 10:49 am

    @ Guggi:

    That’s what we get for saving them from the tender mercies of Josef Stalin. We really shouldn’t have done that.


  21. RIX
    21 | January 13, 2013 11:00 am

    @ Iron Fist:
    Our Cold War commitment to protecting Europe allowed them to spend a
    small percentage of GDP on defense.
    On the other hand we spent a fortune.


  22. rain of lead
    22 | January 13, 2013 11:15 am

    mornin ya’ll
    momcat says mumble mumble coffee mumble


  23. The Osprey
    23 | January 13, 2013 11:16 am

    Mike C. wrote:

    @ heysoos:

    I for one do not approve of declawing cats. If you can’t stand the idea that cats scratch things, either don’t have a cat, or get a stuffed one.

    The right of the kitteh to keep and bear claws, shall not be infringed!


  24. rain of lead
    24 | January 13, 2013 11:17 am

    @ Iron Fist:

    hey IF
    took the young lady to the gun show yesterday in nashville( it was PACKED)
    found out she really like the edge weapons


  25. rain of lead
    25 | January 13, 2013 11:18 am

    @ The Osprey:

    we just take a pair of toenail clippers and blunt the tips as needed


  26. brookly red
    26 | January 13, 2013 11:19 am

    RIX wrote:

    @ Iron Fist:
    Our Cold War commitment to protecting Europe allowed them to spend a
    small percentage of GDP on defense.
    On the other hand we spent a fortune.

    hmmm, funny I didn’t see this on the MSM…http://www.investingchannel.com/article/149722/The-War-On-Terror-Spreads-to-Africa-US-Sending-Troops-to-35-African-Nations

    I like this site it has a lot of stuff nowt found elsewhere.


  27. rain of lead
    27 | January 13, 2013 11:22 am

    well Rasmussem fount out something we already knew

    Republican Establishment Declares War on GOP Voters

    the party’s Election 2012 failures have “brought forth one principal conclusion from establishment Republicans: They have a primary problem.”

    As seen from the halls of power, the problem is that Republican voters think it’s OK to replace incumbent senators and congressman who don’t represent the views of their constituents. In 2012, for example, Republican voters in Indiana dumped longtime Sen. Richard Lugar in a primary battle.

    This infuriated establishment Republicans for two reasons. First, because they liked Lugar and the way he worked. Second, because the replacement candidate was flawed and allowed Democrats to win what should have been a safe Republican seat.

    So, according to Politico, the Washington team is gearing up a new effort to protect incumbents and limit the ability of Republican voters to successfully challenge establishment candidates.

    That makes sense to those whose sole goal is winning a majority in Congress rather than changing the course of government policy. Seen from the outside, though, it sounds like the professional politicians are saying that the only way to win is to pick more candidates like the insiders. Hearing that message, the reaction of many Republican and conservative voters is, “Why bother?”


  28. RIX
    28 | January 13, 2013 11:26 am

    @ brookly red:
    See it’s ok when Obama deploys troops, but evil when a Republican
    does it.The MSM is so nuanced.


  29. brookly red
    29 | January 13, 2013 11:30 am

    RIX wrote:

    @ brookly red:
    See it’s ok when Obama deploys troops, but evil when a Republican
    does it.The MSM is so nuanced.

    but to 35 countries? that’s kinda hard to not notice… and not one peep outta congress? smells bad


  30. 30 | January 13, 2013 11:32 am

    @ rain of lead:
    Knives are good. I got a couple of nice ones for Christmas. I wish our state had sensible knife laws.


  31. brookly red
    31 | January 13, 2013 11:40 am

    Iron Fist wrote:

    @ rain of lead:
    Knives are good. I got a couple of nice ones for Christmas. I wish our state had sensible knife laws.

    you might like this place… http://www.knife-depot.com/ but you probably already know it.


  32. 32 | January 13, 2013 11:44 am

    I have one knife one could rationally use in combat -- a 6.5″ blade Bowie knife by Buck that they haven’t made in decades. But I’ll take any of the handguns over it any day of the week.

    Is it just me, or has the de facto OOT been the newest thread for a very long time?


  33. mawskrat
    33 | January 13, 2013 11:45 am

    what’s up with this?

    Chief Justice John Roberts Schedules A Case Regarding Obamas Forged IDs to be Heard in Conference Before the Full Supreme Court.

    The case titled Noonan, Judd, MacLeran, Taitz v Bowen provides a mountain of evidence of Barack Obama using a last name not legally his, forged Selective Service application, forged long form and short form birth certificate and a Connecticut Social Security number 042-68-4425 which was never assigned to him according to E-Verify and SSNVS. Additionally, this case provides evidence of around one and a half million invalid voter registrations in the state of California alone.

    http://redflagnews.com/headlines/just-in-supreme-court-of-the-united-states-to-hold-conference-on-eligibility-of-obama


  34. RIX
    34 | January 13, 2013 11:47 am

    brookly red wrote:

    RIX wrote:

    @ brookly red:
    See it’s ok when Obama deploys troops, but evil when a Republican
    does it.The MSM is so nuanced.

    but to 35 countries? that’s kinda hard to not notice… and not one peep outta congress? smells bad

    The Republicans are still in shock.
    Instead of taking on their foe, they are purging the Tea Party.


  35. brookly red
    35 | January 13, 2013 11:53 am

    mawskrat wrote:

    what’s up with this?

    Chief Justice John Roberts Schedules A Case Regarding Obamas Forged IDs to be Heard in Conference Before the Full Supreme Court.

    The case titled Noonan, Judd, MacLeran, Taitz v Bowen provides a mountain of evidence of Barack Obama using a last name not legally his, forged Selective Service application, forged long form and short form birth certificate and a Connecticut Social Security number 042-68-4425 which was never assigned to him according to E-Verify and SSNVS. Additionally, this case provides evidence of around one and a half million invalid voter registrations in the state of California alone.

    http://redflagnews.com/headlines/just-in-supreme-court-of-the-united-states-to-hold-conference-on-eligibility-of-obama

    I see that as a lottery ticket… sure it would be great but very long odds


  36. brookly red
    36 | January 13, 2013 11:54 am

    RIX wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    RIX wrote:

    @ brookly red:
    See it’s ok when Obama deploys troops, but evil when a Republican
    does it.The MSM is so nuanced.

    but to 35 countries? that’s kinda hard to not notice… and not one peep outta congress? smells bad

    The Republicans are still in shock.
    Instead of taking on their foe, they are purging the Tea Party.

    in the long run the TP will purge them methinks


  37. RIX
    37 | January 13, 2013 11:59 am

    @ brookly red:
    I agree, the Tes Party will make some chnges & not get candidates like
    Christine O’Donnell & Sharon Angle nominated anymore.
    They have done a lot of good things & the left uses ridiculous smears
    aginst them because they are effective.


  38. brookly red
    38 | January 13, 2013 12:03 pm

    RIX wrote:

    @ brookly red:
    I agree, the Tes Party will make some chnges & not get candidates like
    Christine O’Donnell & Sharon Angle nominated anymore.
    They have done a lot of good things & the left uses ridiculous smears
    aginst them because they are effective.

    the have done a lot in a short time, give them a few more yrs to get it together


  39. 39 | January 13, 2013 12:07 pm

    @ RIX:
    The Country Club Republicans would rather be in the Minority than have the Tea Party people in charge. I’be come to believe that the Republican leadership hates the base. We aren’t their kind of people. That’s why the leadership has been basically silent about the gun control issue. Sure, they could win lots of goodwill from the base by championing the Second Amendment, but they’d take hits from the Media Elites.


  40. Da_Beerfreak
    40 | January 13, 2013 12:10 pm

    Mike C. wrote:

    I have one knife one could rationally use in combat — a 6.5″ blade Bowie knife by Buck that they haven’t made in decades. But I’ll take any of the handguns over it any day of the week.

    Is it just me, or has the de facto OOT been the newest thread for a very long time?

    Looks like the crew is sleeping in today. :wink:


  41. 41 | January 13, 2013 12:10 pm

    @ mawskrat:

    It’s a hearing for grant of cert, not a case. It requires 4 justices to grant cert. If that happens, then it’s a case.


  42. 42 | January 13, 2013 12:12 pm

    New Thread.


  43. 43 | January 13, 2013 12:13 pm

    @ Mike C.:

    Actually, “hearing” is the wrong word as well. More like a panel discussion amognst the justices -- no lawyers for either side involved. They judge whether or not to grant the petition for cert.


  44. RIX
    44 | January 13, 2013 12:15 pm

    @ brookly red:
    The Tea Party gave the Republicans the House majority & they can
    take it away.


  45. 45 | January 13, 2013 12:16 pm

    Er, are comments turned off on that new thread?


  46. mawskrat
    46 | January 13, 2013 12:16 pm

    @ Mike C.:

    thanks


  47. brookly red
    47 | January 13, 2013 12:17 pm

    @ Rodan:

    where did the comments box go?


  48. RIX
    48 | January 13, 2013 12:18 pm

    @ Iron Fist:
    I think that in general the “folks”{ are offensive to DC types.
    They suspect that we shop at Walmart.


  49. 49 | January 13, 2013 12:22 pm

    This blog is like totally Borked…


  50. darkwords
    50 | January 13, 2013 12:24 pm

    Commynts are off on the top thread


  51. 51 | January 13, 2013 12:25 pm

    Mike C. wrote:

    @ Mike C.:
    Actually, “hearing” is the wrong word as well. More like a panel discussion amognst the justices — no lawyers for either side involved. They judge whether or not to grant the petition for cert.

    If the Wise Latreena and the Fugly Lesbian sit on that panel, it’s dead as a doornail.


  52. darkwords
    52 | January 13, 2013 12:25 pm

    What is this Texan football team thing? I thought there were only Cowboys and Oilers


  53. Da_Beerfreak
    53 | January 13, 2013 12:26 pm

    Iron Fist wrote:

    @ RIX:
    The Country Club Republicans would rather be in the Minority than have the Tea Party people in charge. I’be come to believe that the Republican leadership hates the base. We aren’t their kind of people. That’s why the leadership has been basically silent about the gun control issue. Sure, they could win lots of goodwill from the base by championing the Second Amendment, but they’d take hits from the Media Elites.

    That is more true than a lot of Folks would like to believe.

    Last year at the Minnesota state GOP nominating convention the GOPe was so busy fighting the TEA party Folks that the convention nominated a Ron Paul supporter to run against incumbent DFL U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar. He had his ass handed to him and Senator Klobuchar has another six years to screw us all. And to make matters worse, for us Folks in Minnesota, the GOPee lost control of both the State Senate and State House.
    Gains made over the last few years by the grass-roots have all been lost. It really is time to ditch the GOPee once and for all.


  54. 54 | January 13, 2013 12:26 pm

    @ mawskrat:

    Por nada.


  55. darkwords
    55 | January 13, 2013 12:27 pm

    Cross thread posting. I like the idea of the gun free zone sign. Making the hysterical think about what they are crying about.


  56. darkwords
    56 | January 13, 2013 12:28 pm

    Broncos broke down on pretty bad pass coverage. They were crushed.


  57. darkwords
    57 | January 13, 2013 12:29 pm

    Packers broke down on a poor QB contain plan. Never adjusted. Coaching trip.


  58. darkwords
    58 | January 13, 2013 12:31 pm

    @ 53 Da_Beerfreak: That is the self centered politician that wants to lose and try and alinsky their own party to earn money or future political capital. The measure of a political operative should be their passion and desire to win today. Build some depth into the ranks.


  59. 60 | January 13, 2013 12:36 pm

    darkwords wrote:

    The measure of a political operative should be their passion and desire to win today. Build some depth into the ranks.

    This is incorrect, this results in political operatives that embarrass the ideology that “The End Justifies the Means” and that never ever ends well for anyone. All tyrannies and despotism have that ideology as their foundation.


  60. darkwords
    61 | January 13, 2013 12:37 pm

    bout time.

    Shannon Bream ‏@ShannonBream
    Brand new legal clinic devoted to protecting religious freedoms under attack in the US -- up next on @FoxNews @TheBecketFund


  61. 62 | January 13, 2013 12:38 pm

    darkwords wrote:

    Jackie Chan calls America the more corrupt country in the world. Calls communist China a pair of dice.

    Big deal, Jackie Chan is and always has been a Chinese Citizen. In western philosophical ideology we are taught not to embrace diametrically opposed ideas, as if somehow attempting to do so will destroy our brains and turn us into crazy homicidal maniacs.

    This is not true in Asian/Oriental Philosophy. A great deal of their philosophy accepts that it is perfect normal to hold diametrically opposed opinions on any subject, this is the essence of Tao.

    So, most American’s can’t understand how Jackie, or any other Chinese could hold negative opinions of America, and yet still hold very positive opinions at the exact same time. Like the Beijinger also quoted in the article. It’s a genuine difference in the basic underlying philosophical ideological though processes developed over thousands of years but very sophisticated civilizations that were basically separated to the point where they did not influence each other.

    The basic foundational philosophies of the West and the East really are totally different, and as a result, people from the West and people from the East genuinely do not approach problem solving or conceptualization the same way.


  62. darkwords
    63 | January 13, 2013 12:39 pm

    @ doriangrey: I just think we should never run for “second place”. Play to win. Not at all costs. Certainly not with an unvetted goofball as the candidate.


  63. darkwords
    64 | January 13, 2013 12:43 pm

    @ 62 doriangrey: True that west and east are yin and yang. In terms of religious values and in terms of material values. Accept one accept the other.

    China is historically corrupt. And factitious. Chan here is more representative of Chinese Nationalism than Chinese altruism. In this sense China has the same narrow issue that Islam has or hard core SOCON has. A complete inability to understand and work with outside influences.


  64. darkwords
    65 | January 13, 2013 12:46 pm

    I think the Chinese history of family values and education coupled with their language structure does position them well to run the future. They just have to get past their own corruption. And I do think we have a huge problem with information corruption in the US. Where people misuse information. The dems are corrupt. but not quite as corrupt as chicoms.

    Chicago is chicom light.


  65. 66 | January 13, 2013 12:48 pm

    darkwords wrote:

    @ doriangrey: I just think we should never run for “second place”. Play to win. Not at all costs. Certainly not with an unvetted goofball as the candidate.

    Anyone can be painted as a goofball if the individuals doing the painting don’t have any morals or ethics. What is truly difficult is learning to accept that you have been indoctrinated and manipulated by media propaganda. You cannot solve any problem that you cannot admit exists.

    Playing to win is one thing, forsaking any and all morals and ethics to achieve that victory is another thing altogether. Understanding that it is possible to play to win, without sacrificing ones morals and ethics is difficult when you have been indoctrinated your entire life to believe that only the utterly ruthless and amoral win.


  66. darkwords
    67 | January 13, 2013 12:49 pm

    The Falcons are like gas station hot dogs. They are awesome but no one wants to admit it.

    Fox pre game


  67. Da_Beerfreak
    68 | January 13, 2013 12:53 pm

    darkwords wrote:

    @ 53 Da_Beerfreak: That is the self centered politician that wants to lose and try and alinsky their own party to earn money or future political capital. The measure of a political operative should be their passion and desire to win today. Build some depth into the ranks.

    They’re completely fubar’ed. Time to scrap the GOPee and start a new party.
    This is one of those times when it is better to start over with a new design then to kluge the old one one more time and hope that fixes it this time.


  68. darkwords
    69 | January 13, 2013 12:53 pm

    @ doriangrey:

    This seems to be key.

    You cannot solve any problem that you cannot admit exists.

    How to get a person to recognize a problem.

    I like Allen West. A good soldier and Christian.

    I need the Catholic Church to start suing the Feds to back off out of Church territory.


  69. darkwords
    70 | January 13, 2013 12:56 pm

    @ 68 Da_Beerfreak: I signed up for libertarian party meetings. I might activist some lib issues but not vote their way for POTUS.

    I don’t think auditing the fed is an issue a low info voter has an ounce of concern about. So in that aspect libertarians are as out of touch as the GoP.

    So far all the libertarian meetings are date nights at a local pub. I was thinking it would be a good way for lobo91 to find that crazy chick he is looking for.


  70. 71 | January 13, 2013 12:58 pm

    darkwords wrote:

    @ 62 doriangrey: True that west and east are yin and yang. In terms of religious values and in terms of material values. Accept one accept the other.
    China is historically corrupt. And factitious. Chan here is more representative of Chinese Nationalism than Chinese altruism. In this sense China has the same narrow issue that Islam has or hard core SOCON has. A complete inability to understand and work with outside influences.

    Corruption is not a unique Chinese problem, unfortunately it is a unique human problem. I like the Chinese people, respect the culture, and am fascinated by their history. I hate Marxism of any flavor though.

    I don’t have any problems with what Jackie Chan said, it doesn’t scare or offend me. Much of it is true. The fact that a foreign citizen who just happens to have made his fortune entertaining an American audience said something like that doesn’t bother me in the slightest. I knew who and what Jackie Chan was right after I watched my very first Jackie Chan movie. I still enjoy his movies and this won’t change that.


  71. Mars
    72 | January 13, 2013 1:03 pm

    Since the top thread is broke, maybe you can pop one of mine out of pending and drop it in as the OT.


  72. Mars
    73 | January 13, 2013 1:05 pm

    There is one big problem with starting a new party. The GOP is incredibly successful (generally) and fields conservative candidates AT THE LOCAL LEVEL. How do you separate out an extremely efficient local machine from the corrupt national machine that wants to limit voter choices?


  73. 74 | January 13, 2013 1:06 pm

    Mars wrote:

    How do you separate out an extremely efficient local machine from the corrupt national machine that wants to limit voter choices?

    That my friend is the 64 billion dollar question.


  74. Calo
    75 | January 13, 2013 1:09 pm

    Which one of you broke the blog today?


  75. darkwords
    76 | January 13, 2013 1:10 pm

    @ Calo: >>>Dorian


  76. Da_Beerfreak
    77 | January 13, 2013 1:11 pm

    Mars wrote:

    There is one big problem with starting a new party. The GOP is incredibly successful (generally) and fields conservative candidates AT THE LOCAL LEVEL. How do you separate out an extremely efficient local machine from the corrupt national machine that wants to limit voter choices?

    If there was an “extremely efficient local machine” in Minnesota I wouldn’t be bitching… :evil:


  77. darkwords
    78 | January 13, 2013 1:12 pm

    Mars Hill church opened up a few block away. Urban evangelical church. lot of young 20 and 30 somethings in attendance today with a coffee cart at the entrance. Very grass roots organized.


  78. Calo
    79 | January 13, 2013 1:13 pm

    @ darkwords:
    Dorian, it figures. :mrgreen:

    He tweets broken links too.


  79. 80 | January 13, 2013 1:14 pm

    darkwords wrote:

    @ doriangrey:
    This seems to be key.
    You cannot solve any problem that you cannot admit exists.
    How to get a person to recognize a problem.
    I like Allen West. A good soldier and Christian.
    I need the Catholic Church to start suing the Feds to back off out of Church territory.

    Tragically while being able to see and accept that there is a problem is absolutely required to solve any problem, finding the actual solution isn’t as easy as identifying the problem. Get others to accept the solution is often even more difficult than getting them to admit that there is a problem in the first place.


  80. darkwords
    81 | January 13, 2013 1:14 pm

    @ 77 Da_Beerfreak: In Minnesota, those are the mosquitos. I always thought that Hamm’s beer bear was a go getter.


  81. darkwords
    82 | January 13, 2013 1:17 pm

    @ 80 doriangrey: to me that is gun consciousnesses versus gun control. The anti gun people can see better gun consciousness as the solution to the problem. The anti gun thinker is a walking TV ad for a deer in the headlights. So concerned about the illusion of gun control that they get run over by a truck.


  82. Mars
    83 | January 13, 2013 1:17 pm

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    Mars wrote:
    There is one big problem with starting a new party. The GOP is incredibly successful (generally) and fields conservative candidates AT THE LOCAL LEVEL. How do you separate out an extremely efficient local machine from the corrupt national machine that wants to limit voter choices?

    If there was an “extremely efficient local machine” in Minnesota I wouldn’t be bitching…

    As someone born there, I sure wouldn’t want to live there anymore. Seriously Franken? And a Muzz? WTF.

    Sounds like the whole state is off the rails.


  83. darkwords
    84 | January 13, 2013 1:19 pm

    @ 83 Mars: If we were all to agree that we need to change the US in some fundamental way. I would favor the creation of city states. Make San Francisco it’s own political entity. Put up toll bridges.


  84. 85 | January 13, 2013 1:20 pm

    @ Mars:

    Franken stole his seat, and the GOP let him. He’s a walking arguement for voter ID.


  85. Mars
    86 | January 13, 2013 1:22 pm

    Iron Fist wrote:

    @ Mars:
    Franken stole his seat, and the GOP let him. He’s a walking arguement for voter ID.

    That I would fully agree with.

    The one thing that really does disturb me is the inability of the GOP to even attempt to fight back at voter fraud.

    Every major dem politician in my state has committed some form of fraud and/or campaign finance violation. They go to court pay a tiny ass fine and take office.

    How the hell does that work?


  86. Mars
    87 | January 13, 2013 1:24 pm

    The fact that Franken got enough votes to even make fraud possible is terrifying to me.


  87. brookly red
    88 | January 13, 2013 1:27 pm

    Mars wrote:

    The one thing that really does disturb me is the inability of the GOP to even attempt to fight back at voter fraud.

    Every major dem politician in my state has committed some form of fraud and/or campaign finance violation. They go to court pay a tiny ass fine and take office.

    How the hell does that work?

    they drink at the same trough


  88. Da_Beerfreak
    89 | January 13, 2013 1:29 pm

    Mars wrote:

    Sounds like the whole state is off the rails.

    It is. Too much ethanol money for starters… :evil:


  89. brookly red
    90 | January 13, 2013 1:31 pm

    Mars wrote:

    The fact that Franken got enough votes to even make fraud possible is terrifying to me.

    upthread it was mentioned that in California alone they are estimating/investigating half a million cases, I don’t think people have the slightest idea how rigged our elections are


  90. Da_Beerfreak
    91 | January 13, 2013 1:32 pm

    darkwords wrote:

    @ 83 Mars: If we were all to agree that we need to change the US in some fundamental way. I would favor the creation of city states. Make San Francisco it’s own political entity. Put up toll bridges.

    Forget about the bridges. Only a wall will hold back that much stupid. Maybe…


  91. brookly red
    92 | January 13, 2013 1:33 pm

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    Forget about the bridges. Only a wall will hold back that much stupid. Maybe…

    and don’t forget to cut the phone lines…


  92. Da_Beerfreak
    93 | January 13, 2013 1:38 pm

    Iron Fist wrote:

    @ Mars:

    Franken stole his seat, and the GOP let him. He’s a walking arguement for voter ID.

    It wasn’t the GOP’s fault. First Coleman was a green RINO that couldn’t get enough votes to beat the margin of fraud. Second and very important, the Minn. Sec.of State is a former ACORN and current Soros minion. Part of Soros’s Sec of State project. Remember, It’s all about who counts the vote…


  93. Da_Beerfreak
    94 | January 13, 2013 1:39 pm

    Mars wrote:

    The fact that Franken got enough votes to even make fraud possible is terrifying to me.

    Norm Coleman wasn’t that good of a candidate…


  94. 95 | January 13, 2013 1:40 pm

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    darkwords wrote:
    @ 83 Mars: If we were all to agree that we need to change the US in some fundamental way. I would favor the creation of city states. Make San Francisco it’s own political entity. Put up toll bridges.

    Forget about the bridges. Only a wall will hold back that much stupid. Maybe…

    Screw that… I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit… It’s the only way to be sure… httpsv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q


  95. Mars
    96 | January 13, 2013 1:41 pm

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    Iron Fist wrote:
    @ Mars:
    Franken stole his seat, and the GOP let him. He’s a walking arguement for voter ID.

    It wasn’t the GOP’s fault. First Coleman was a green RINO that couldn’t get enough votes to beat the margin of fraud. Second and very important, the Minn. Sec.of State is a former ACORN and current Soros minion. Part of Soros’s Sec of State project. Remember, It’s all about who counts the vote…

    Yeah we got saddled with one of Soros’ personal Sec. of States here. He even sent his personal butt boy Dave Sirota to oversee everything and make sure the elections went off his way.

    Luckily it seems he has given up on us and sent Sirota to CO a few years back.


  96. Da_Beerfreak
    97 | January 13, 2013 1:41 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    Forget about the bridges. Only a wall will hold back that much stupid. Maybe…

    and don’t forget to cut the phone lines…

    Nuke it from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure…


  97. Da_Beerfreak
    98 | January 13, 2013 1:43 pm

    Mars wrote:

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    Iron Fist wrote:
    @ Mars:
    Franken stole his seat, and the GOP let him. He’s a walking arguement for voter ID.

    It wasn’t the GOP’s fault. First Coleman was a green RINO that couldn’t get enough votes to beat the margin of fraud. Second and very important, the Minn. Sec.of State is a former ACORN and current Soros minion. Part of Soros’s Sec of State project. Remember, It’s all about who counts the vote…

    Yeah we got saddled with one of Soros’ personal Sec. of States here. He even sent his personal butt boy Dave Sirota to oversee everything and make sure the elections went off his way.

    Luckily it seems he has given up on us and sent Sirota to CO a few years back.

    We need to figure out a way to do that here.


  98. brookly red
    99 | January 13, 2013 1:44 pm

    Mars wrote:

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    Iron Fist wrote:
    @ Mars:
    Franken stole his seat, and the GOP let him. He’s a walking arguement for voter ID.

    It wasn’t the GOP’s fault. First Coleman was a green RINO that couldn’t get enough votes to beat the margin of fraud. Second and very important, the Minn. Sec.of State is a former ACORN and current Soros minion. Part of Soros’s Sec of State project. Remember, It’s all about who counts the vote…

    Yeah we got saddled with one of Soros’ personal Sec. of States here. He even sent his personal butt boy Dave Sirota to oversee everything and make sure the elections went off his way.

    Luckily it seems he has given up on us and sent Sirota to CO a few years back.

    Soros is a busy guy…http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sweeping-new-gun-laws-proposed-by-influential-liberal-think-tank/2013/01/12/65192d26-5c2a-11e2-9fa9-5fbdc9530eb9_print.html


  99. Da_Beerfreak
    100 | January 13, 2013 1:47 pm

    Same day voter registration has got to go too.

    At my local polling place there was more people waiting to register then Folks waiting to vote. Not a good sign at all.


  100. Mars
    101 | January 13, 2013 1:51 pm

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    Same day voter registration has got to go too.
    At my local polling place there was more people waiting to register then Folks waiting to vote. Not a good sign at all.

    Same here.

    Also voting registration booths outside of Public Assistance and homeless shelters needs to be illegal. (Our public assistance is walking distance from the homeless shelters, and every election cycle there is a brand new booth set up outside OPA, complete with stickers for the “correct” candidates and absentee voting assistance.)


  101. 102 | January 13, 2013 1:54 pm

    Top thread fixed.


  102. brookly red
    103 | January 13, 2013 1:55 pm

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    Same day voter registration has got to go too.

    At my local polling place there was more people waiting to register then Folks waiting to vote. Not a good sign at all.

    we should all vote in real time at ATMs, instant ID verification, realtime vote count, good stuff. The infrastructure is already there… And just to make sure, make voter fraud a hanging offense. That should clear things up a lot.


  103. 104 | January 13, 2013 1:59 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    Same day voter registration has got to go too.
    At my local polling place there was more people waiting to register then Folks waiting to vote. Not a good sign at all.

    we should all vote in real time at ATMs, instant ID verification, realtime vote count, good stuff. The infrastructure is already there… And just to make sure, make voter fraud a hanging offense. That should clear things up a lot.

    ROTFLMAO… I suggested that a couple of years ago, nice of you to finally catch up… :razz:


  104. 105 | January 13, 2013 2:03 pm

    @ doriangrey:

    And just to make sure, make voter fraud a hanging offense. That should clear things up a lot.

    Of-course you would love that. It would make you Hemp business take off!


  105. Da_Beerfreak
    106 | January 13, 2013 2:26 pm

    doriangrey wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    Same day voter registration has got to go too.
    At my local polling place there was more people waiting to register then Folks waiting to vote. Not a good sign at all.

    we should all vote in real time at ATMs, instant ID verification, realtime vote count, good stuff. The infrastructure is already there… And just to make sure, make voter fraud a hanging offense. That should clear things up a lot.

    ROTFLMAO… I suggested that a couple of years ago, nice of you to finally catch up…

    Sorry. I don’t trust any form of all electronic voting.
    Paper ballots and indelible markings. Purple finger would be a nice touch. Machine counting can be secured and made reliable enough to produce honest results…


Back to the Top

The Blogmocracy

website design was Built By David