The Got Your Nose Straw Man.

by Flyovercountry ( 86 Comments › )
Filed under Uncategorized at January 12th, 2013 - 4:00 pm

Turned on the T.V. this morning and I discovered something new. The dream of the left has never been about infringing on our Second Amendment rights after all. Why, the thought that this would be the case is simply preposterous. Anyone who believes that they wish to disarm every single person in America who might otherwise make the personal decision to purchase and brandish a firearm must be a member of some kooky fringe element.

Indeed, the new more palatable language meant to pass more smoothly with us who insist on keeping the deal implicit with our Constitution, (which is not a living document by the way, but very explicit in what its words, which thankfully have been written down, actually mean,) has changed from gun control to gun safety. It’s as if anyone insistent on bitterly clinging to their Constitutional Rights are some sort of gun toting child hunters just looking for elementary schools to shoot up in some sort of recreation of the children’s version of the wild, wild, west. It’s a shame that every school in the nation is designated as a, “gun free zone,” otherwise those lunatics that decide to run amok might put a second’s worth of thought as to where they would like to target.

I know it hasn’t yet dawned on anyone from the left, but why do you guys think these freaks pick on schools in the first place, and not for instance, the local gun shop? In a school, they know that they will be able to spend a good 15 minutes to a half hour with absolutely zero resistance. Adam Lanza shot himself as soon as he saw the first person with the capability to oppose him. How many of the children would have been saved had that person been a teacher in the first or second class room that he visited? Would he have even chosen a school in the first place had the mere possibility existed that private citizens working in that school were allowed to arm themselves?

Governor Andrew Cuomo gives us a bit of the gun safety gospel that we can expect to be hearing more of. We don’t need 10 bullets to kill a dear he’ll tell us, and he’s all in favor of gun ownership for hunting or other sportsman’s activities. Home defense, or personal defense are of course not mentioned. Defense of the citizenry against politically connected elites who would use their power and influence to strip the inalienable rights that we are all born with away, well that goes unmentioned too.

For Andrew Cuomo, and anyone else who agrees with his not all that clever straw man argument, as to how many rounds of ammunition I need, or since it is my right as an American citizen, simply want. That number would be what ever is north of the amount carried by anyone who may or may not break into my house, confront me in one of those, “gun free zones,” when they run amok, or help me sleep at night with the knowledge that I won’t die from a lack of shooting back.

All of this however brings us to another point. How dumb does the political left believe us to be? When I see the talking heads on MSNBC, NBC, CNN, CBS, CNBC, ABC, or anywhere else ask the question of who’s talking about taking your guns away, I keep looking around for the old person with the tip of their thumb stuck between their two first digits with that goofy expression that’s supposed to make me believe that yes indeed, my nose is no longer attached to my face. They’ve been trying to disarm us since the days of Woodrow Wilson. The right to keep and bear arms has been severely infringed upon, and the Supreme Court has even been forced to overturn several of those infringements within the last year or two. The Left has been undaunted in this dream of theirs, even while they are trying to convince us that it has never been their goal.

The message seems to be, the liberals who run things now have given up their century long dream of disarming private citizens, (cough cough,) and are now only using the current spate of emotional outpouring with the latest tragedy to promote safety, so that we may hunt in peace. Not content of course with the progress of usurping our freedoms by making our founding documents living things rather than the constraints on power that they actually are, many on the left have dropped the pretense entirely and started advocating openly for the removal of our Constitution as our national law. Nothing bad to see here however, move along, move along. Many of my liberal friends do not understand why I have such a problem with Barack Obama and his minions, not having paid the slightest attention to what he’s been up to for the past 4 years. They’ll probably begin to get it when when they’re forced into one of the reeducation camps for further explanation of why they should be thrilled with the food pellet they’ve been given to eat and a bottle of brown water to wash it down with. In Siberia, when news broke of Stalin’s passing, even those who had been personally imprisoned by Stalin cried, and all he did was to starve a quarter of the Soviet Union’s population to death, in order to prevent them from rising up against him. He started his reign of terror with the benign registration of all private gun ownership.

One last video with this one:

Cross Posted from Musings of a Mad Conservative.

Comments

86 Responses to “The Got Your Nose Straw Man.”

1. Mars
    1 | January 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Looks to me that Cuomos security detail is a much bigger threat to the safety of the public than my gun.

Also read somewhere that in addition to State Police he also has a private security team. Who needs guns? Everyone should be perfectly safe with their security teams. ///

2. yenta-fada
    2 | January 12, 2013 4:32 pm

Notes from a gun store owner. People have lost respect for each other.
    The cultural shift.

3. yenta-fada
    3 | January 12, 2013 4:42 pm

Blaming massacres on gun owning citizens.

4. brookly red
    4 | January 12, 2013 4:48 pm

I read a post on some site today that went something like Biden thinks he can disarm 20 million gun owners, but that deporting 20 million illegals is impossible I am still laughing

5. yenta-fada
    5 | January 12, 2013 4:52 pm

From another blog; “Obama has declared armed protection for himself for life. When Truman left office, he took the train back to Missouri.
    End of story.”

6. yenta-fada
    7 | January 12, 2013 4:58 pm

From michellesmirror: POLL

A crazed gunman starts firing into a crowded restaurant. You…

Tweet Barack Obama to show your support for his plan to repeal 2nd Amendment rights
    Call ACORN and ask for a Community Organizer to negotiate with the gunman
    Dial 911 and HOPE the cops get there before he kills you
    HOPE he’s only got 10 round magazines so he’ll have to reload before he kills you
    HOPE his gun jams before he kills you
    HOPE there’s a bitter clinger in the restaurant who will shoot him
    Pull out your Glock and drop the dirtbag

7. 8 | January 12, 2013 4:59 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Funny!

8. AZfederalist
    9 | January 12, 2013 6:35 pm

@ yenta-fada:

I’ll take answer (g) for $100 Alex.

9. AZfederalist
    10 | January 12, 2013 6:41 pm

@ AZfederalist:

Although minie a would be a Sig if it hadn’t been lost in that boating accident.

10. AZfederalist
    11 | January 12, 2013 6:51 pm

@ AZfederalist:

Darned autocorrect, that should have been, “mine would be”

12 | January 12, 2013 7:30 pm

the feds have gone rogue…I do not respect or obey them…they are in for an epic surprise when all of my elderly, boomer pals toss it in…what do we have to lose?

13 | January 12, 2013 7:35 pm

the feds take hard earned money and give to minority sloths, the feds demand we sacrifice what we have and they have no intention of doing the same…they gut us while they live fat on our dime…it won’t work forever

14 | January 12, 2013 7:41 pm

brookly red wrote:

yeah, there have been a rash of idiotic inconsistencies all across the net…pound em, brutally, with vigor, then kick em in the throat

15 | January 12, 2013 7:46 pm

score-a-thon in Denver…
    I wonder what the Vegas line was…anybody?

15. 16 | January 12, 2013 7:47 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Since we’re in the era of ‘Hope & Change’, maybe there should be a ‘CHANGE your shorts’ answer.

17 | January 12, 2013 7:50 pm

Ravens fold…c’ya Ray…don’t get run over by a Freightliner

17. Insert Clever Name Here
    18 | January 12, 2013 7:51 pm

Am I allowed to talk football in here? And how great it will be to watch Ray Lewis and The Baltimore Ravens Ray-Lewises lose?

18. Dolphin
    19 | January 12, 2013 7:55 pm

The gun(s) used in Newtown were stolen.

STOLEN. The were legally owned/purchased by the murdered mother. The crazed son stole her guns murdered his own mother and then went on the rampage.

The conservatives need to pick a mantra/talking point and repeat it just like the libs blast their stupid “talking” points.

How many deaths are due to stolen or illegal owned guns? Push back. Take a stand. Don’t back down. Do NOT compromise.

20 | January 12, 2013 7:58 pm

@ heysoos:

I posted a story last night about how the government has “lost” a bunch of buildings in Afghanistan. They paid to have them built, but nobody knows where exactly they are, or if they were even built.

But they think they can create a database of 300 million guns…

21 | January 12, 2013 7:59 pm

@ Dolphin:

We clearly need a law making it illegal to do that.

22 | January 12, 2013 8:00 pm

Another busy day at the gun show here. Now to see if it translates into actual customers.

It sure did get cold, though. It was 22 when I left the house this morning. It’s supposedly 18 now, but it sure feels a lot colder than that.

22. Calo
    23 | January 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Insert Clever Name Here wrote:

Yes, but you spoke too soon.

24 | January 12, 2013 8:02 pm

it’s a mind bending, deadly fiasco…I was hoping Bush would end it, way back then…it’s all for nothing bro and it breaks my heart, going on five years post election and the Astan pricks are still picking off our people…watching BO sit down with Karzi want’s to make me puke

25 | January 12, 2013 8:05 pm

@ heysoos:

Karzai should have had an “accident” years ago.

25. Calo
    26 | January 12, 2013 8:05 pm

@ Dolphin:
    I finally joined the NRA last night to go to the NRA convention this May in Houston.

Did you see Huck’s post?

27 | January 12, 2013 8:05 pm

unbelievable…the NFL rocks

28 | January 12, 2013 8:08 pm

@ heysoos:
    Karzai should have had an “accident” years ago.

yes, wtf is the CIA doing?…we are officially second rate, we cannot control people, we cannot seem to control events…we are playing defense

28. Dolphin
    29 | January 12, 2013 8:08 pm

Did you see my drive by post to you regarding instructors training teachers? It was earlier this week. It might be something that could generate you some $$.

29. 30 | January 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Caturday is up.

30. Insert Clever Name Here
    31 | January 12, 2013 8:11 pm

Um, excuse me, Broncos, but you have 30 seconds with time-outs to spare and you don’t eve TRY to win this game? WTH?

31. Dolphin
    32 | January 12, 2013 8:12 pm

@ Calo:
    No, I hadn’t seen the post yet. Thanks for the link. I need to get my membership purchased also. I am also thinking about staying downtown just for the fun of it.

Should be fun!

33 | January 12, 2013 8:12 pm

watch this…game over

34 | January 12, 2013 8:14 pm

@ Dolphin:

Unless they change the state law here (which isn’t going to happen with our current governor) nobody can have guns on school property.

Well, except deranged killers.

34. Calo
    35 | January 12, 2013 8:14 pm

@ Dolphin:
    Yes, I made my reservations already at the same hotel Huck will be at.

35. Dolphin
    36 | January 12, 2013 8:16 pm

@ Calo:
    Good to know. Will look into it tomorrow. Trying to talk hubby into going also.

37 | January 12, 2013 8:19 pm

LOL Huey Lewis looks pretty much the same

37. Insert Clever Name Here
    38 | January 12, 2013 8:48 pm

OK. My apologies to The Ravens. I’ll eat my crow fried, I guess…

38. Insert Clever Name Here
    39 | January 12, 2013 8:49 pm

Stupid Freakin Broncos

39. unclassifiable
    40 | January 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Now the Texans has extra incentive.

Win and they host the championship.

40. unclassifiable
    41 | January 12, 2013 9:06 pm

And if those two folks who the Ray Lewis gang stabbed to death would have been armed then we would not have been talking about the flipping Ravens at all.

41. Calo
    42 | January 12, 2013 9:11 pm

@ unclassifiable:
    I’m afreed for the Texans in tomorrows game against the Patriots.

42. unclassifiable
    43 | January 12, 2013 9:12 pm

@ Calo:

I’m not.

One of the hardest things to do in the NFL is to beat a team twice in one season.

Just ask the Broncos.

43. Calo
    44 | January 12, 2013 9:16 pm

Is Crabtree on the 49ers from Texas Tech?

44. unclassifiable
    45 | January 12, 2013 9:19 pm

@ Calo:

Yup

46 | January 12, 2013 9:31 pm

This is powerful! Watch the whole thing.

46. Calo
    47 | January 12, 2013 9:33 pm

@ unclassifiable:
    TT was a fun team to watch a few years ago.

Now, I’ll just enjoy his mad skills on the 49ers this evening.

47. Dolphin
    48 | January 12, 2013 9:39 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Did you see my #19?

This is a start. Much, much more is needed.

49 | January 12, 2013 9:47 pm

Dolphin wrote:

@ huckfunn:
    Did you see my #19?

This is a start. Much, much more is needed.

Yes indeed! I hope we get a good turn out in Houston. I’m really looking forward to seeing you, Calo and the others. If there are a bunch of us staying at the same motel we can save some bucks sharing a cab.

49. eaglesoars
    50 | January 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Dolphin wrote:

@ huckfunn:
    Did you see my #19?

This is a start. Much, much more is needed.

I understand what you’re saying but you’ve set your own trap there.

How many deaths are due to stolen or illegal owned guns?

If they make our guns/magazines illegal, what then? Your arguement could boomerang.

51 | January 12, 2013 9:51 pm

@ Dolphin:
    @ eaglesoars:
    MSM and the regime have been pumping up sentiment about the AR-15 Bushmaster that was found at the New Town massacre. HOWEVER, that rifle was found in maniac’s car and didn’t kill anyone.

51. eaglesoars
    52 | January 12, 2013 9:58 pm

huckfunn wrote:

@ Dolphin:
    @ eaglesoars:

Have you noticed how much we DON’T know about this? Any meds? Any doctor’s care? One would think there would be some journalist digging into why his father cut off all contact.

Guess not.

52. AZfederalist
    53 | January 12, 2013 9:58 pm

@ eaglesoars:

One of the approaches our side needs to take is to widely publicize instances of use of firearms for self defense such as the woman who saved herself and her kids a couple of weeks ago. Biden’s “if only one life is saved” needs to be destroyed by showing the number of lives that would have been lost if citizens had not been able to defend themselves.

53. Calo
    54 | January 12, 2013 10:00 pm

@ huckfunn:
    What cab?
    I hate cabs.

I’ll drive.

55 | January 12, 2013 10:00 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Dolphin wrote:

@ huckfunn:
    Did you see my #19?

This is a start. Much, much more is needed.

I understand what you’re saying but you’ve set your own trap there.

How many deaths are due to stolen or illegal owned guns?

I think that Dolphin’s point is that most shootings are committed by criminals who are undeterred by law. Gun crimes are committed by people (felons) who are prohibited by law from owning guns, or by guns that were stolen or otherwise obtained illegally. Makes sense to me.

55. eaglesoars
    56 | January 12, 2013 10:03 pm

huckfunn wrote:

I understand her point and it is valid. MY point is that this regime is going to try to criminalize ALL of us -- and that needs to be part of the argument also, lest after we become criminals…………

See?

57 | January 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Calo wrote:

@ huckfunn:
    What cab?
    I hate cabs.

I’ll drive.

I don’t like cabs, but even more I hate driving in downtown Houston traffic looking for non-existent or high-dollar parking at a heavily attended event.

57. eaglesoars
    58 | January 12, 2013 10:07 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

And also how aabsurd itis by the reducto ad absurdum rhetorical device.

How many people die each year falling from ladders? Let’s ban ladders…if it saves one life……………

59 | January 12, 2013 10:08 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

I understand her point and it is valid. MY point is that this regime is going to try to criminalize ALL of us — and that needs to be part of the argument also, lest after we become criminals…………

See?

Got it. Nothing new. The regime is trying to criminalize the “non-compliant” with penalties regarding healthcare, free speech, enviro-mental issues and now gun control. It’s all about controlling the masses, beating us into submission and taking away our choices.

59. AZfederalist
    60 | January 12, 2013 10:12 pm

@ eaglesoars

Guess not.

If we had a real news media, that would be a reasonable expectation. However, we don’t have a real news media, we have an agenda driven propaganda arm of the statist obama regime and other liberals. So there will be no stories that would refute the narrative that supports destruction of Second Amendment rights.

We know someone who works for the Tucson Citizen. After the shooting, she made the narrative statement about how it was time to have a conversation on reasonable gun control. Knowing her, she is merely being a useful idiot for the dems, but she has the mindset that the puppet masters find useful and her articles reflect that mindset.

60. eaglesoars
    61 | January 12, 2013 10:22 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Our state (Virginia) Attorney General, Ken Cuccinelli, gave a radio interview the other day. He is a devout Catholic and after last Sunday’s mass, he got into a conversation with his bishop about the contraception mandate. His bishop said “Well, I’m ready to go to jail.” Cuccinelli told him “Don’t take this personally, but I think you NEED to go to jail. People need to understand what we’re up against.”

He’s absolutely right. When Timothy Cardinal Dolan gets carted off in handcuffs, the media will HAVE to cover it.

62 | January 12, 2013 10:29 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

I saw that and Cuccinelli made an excellent point. History is full of people who were willing to face tyranny’s penalties, including prison and death, in order to stand by their strongly held beliefs.

63 | January 12, 2013 10:31 pm

This 49er’s -- Packers game is a real contest. Tied now at 24 in the 3rd quarter.

64 | January 12, 2013 10:33 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Interesting, our psrish priest a week before the election said that
    would never comply with the Obama mandate. He said it from the pulpit
    and about 1/3 of the congreation seemed unhappy.
    The rest of us applauded.
    He also said that this is not really about contraception, it is an attack on the
    Church.
    He has it right.

64. eaglesoars
    65 | January 12, 2013 10:38 pm

During an ABC Nightline interview broadcast on December 26, 2012, President Barack Obama said that one benefit of his re-election was the ability “to have men with guns around at all times.” This week, Obama signed a bill extending armed Secret Service protection for former US presidents to the remainder of their natural lives.

Fundamental Transformation” to Chill the Blood

65. eaglesoars
    66 | January 12, 2013 10:40 pm

Church.

It’s an attack on ALL religion. The Catholic church is just the shot across the bow. I’m not even a Christian, but I’m seriously considering attending mass just in support.

67 | January 12, 2013 10:42 pm

Cardinal Mendzentti was an Archbishop in Hungary at the time of the imposition
    of Communism.
    Because of his resistance he was imprisoned & tortured.
    His main antagonist was a childhood friend.
    He is reputed to have said to him, “Why is it that whenever people like you
    try to create paradise on Earth, you create Hell.”

68 | January 12, 2013 10:43 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Church.

That’s exactly right, Protestants & Jews are next as well as all other religions,
    with maybe one exception.

69 | January 12, 2013 10:51 pm

The Niner QB is picking the Pack apart.

69. Calo
    70 | January 12, 2013 10:53 pm

It’s a thing of beauty to watch.

70. eaglesoars
    71 | January 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Cardinal Mendzentti was an Archbishop in Hungary at the time of the imposition
    of Communism.
    Because of his resistance he was imprisoned & tortured.
    His main antagonist was a childhood friend.
    He is reputed to have said to him, “Why is it that whenever people like you
    try to create paradise on Earth, you create Hell.”

Today’s WSJ reviewed a book I’ve put on my wishlist (it’s behind a paywall so no link)

The Devil in History: Communism, Fascism, and Some Lessons of the Twentieth Century Vladimir Tismaneanu (Author)

From the review (typos are mine)

Whether in the streets of major European cities, “occupied” Wall Street or al Qaeda hide-outs, the key elements of the “totalitarian temptation,” of which we have been warned by Raymond Aron, s, Czeslaw Milosz, Karl Popper, Jean-Francois Revel and Boris Souvarine, are instantly recognizable, embodying the themes explored by Mr. Tismaneanu: the zero-sim Manichaeism of” (“Who [defeats] whom”) political philosophy; the stigmatization, demonization and, eventuall, dehumanization of the “enemy”; radical egalitarianism, the fanatical hatred of “bourgeois philistinism” and democratic capitalism; and the ecstatic hope of deliverance from the uncertainties of economic and political competition into a conflictless Eden under an omnipotent state.

72 | January 12, 2013 11:06 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Have to read that,

73 | January 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Calo wrote:

It’s a thing of beauty to watch.

You sound like a 49er fan, enjoy!
    Good night all.

73. eaglesoars
    74 | January 12, 2013 11:34 pm

heh.

HOUSTON — A couple of strangers came to the rescue when a man was robbed at gunpoint. Now, the victim wants to say thank you to the Good Samaritans.

Police believe the criminal who was canvassing a neighborhood in the 2500 block of Wichita near Hermann Park had no idea what he was in for when he picked his target.

The victim in this case had just walked back to his car from a bar around the corner.

Kevin Dorsey says he hadn’t even closed his car door Thursday night when a man wearing all black and a ski mask put a gun to his chest. The man took Dorsey’s wallet, cell phone and car keys.

After he was robbed, Dorsey began running down the street and says two men in a Mercedes asked him what had happened.

Dorsey told them and they not only caught up with the suspect, but they started shooting at him.

The suspect fired back. In the end, the two witnesses turned vigilantes won and took down the bad guy.

“I don’t believe in guns,” said Dorsey. “I don’t own a gun. I’m totally at the mercy of my saviors. They obviously sent two angels to help me. These people protected me when I couldn’t protect myself.”

After the robber had been shot, police say he jumped over a fence and was attacked by a German Shepherd. That attack prevented him from getting away.

74. AZfederalist
    75 | January 12, 2013 11:49 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Several things here:

First, these citizens were not vigilantes. Vigilantes dispensed “justice” after a suspected criminal had been apprehended and before the accused could be brought to trial. These two were stopping a crime in progress by stopping the armed perp from escaping. You’d think a big city news outlet would have personnel with the requisite knowledge to use the language correctly, but then that’s not their objective.

Second, I love the statement about how the victim doesn’t believe in guns, admitting that he is happily dependent upon others for his safety. … And it appears that this stupid person failed to learn from this experience.

Third, I love the justice of the German shepherd making the final collar. Poetic justice.

75. eaglesoars
    76 | January 13, 2013 12:12 am

AZfederalist wrote:

I didn’t include my thoughts about that in my post because I didn’t want to detract from the point.

But I despise the ‘victim’. To be fair, even if he had been legally armed -- in Texas it ain’t hard -- it apparently happened so fast he couldn’t have stopped the robbery.

Still.

I don’t know if I would pull my weapon and put myself in the line of fire to defend someone who -- for whatever reason -- has declined to address the issue of their own self-defense. Part of me says I SHOULD -- this is supposedly an innocent -- and part of me says my first obligation is to protect myself and my family and if I’m out of the picture, what happens to my family?

I’m fairly certain I would not have chased that guy down. That’s putting myself deliberately in harm’s way for no good reason -- not responding to a danger imposed on me.

So……………

76. AZfederalist
    77 | January 13, 2013 12:25 am

@ eaglesoars:

I don’t know if I would pull my weapon and put myself in the line of fire to defend someone who — for whatever reason — has declined to address the issue of their own self-defense. Part of me says I SHOULD — this is supposedly an innocent — and part of me says my first obligation is to protect myself and my family and if I’m out of the picture, what happens to my family?

I’m fairly certain I would not have chased that guy down. That’s putting myself deliberately in harm’s way for no good reason — not responding to a danger imposed on me.

Here,when you take the CCW course, you are told that the purpose for carrying is to defend your life and those of your loved ones. You are under no obligation to defend others, you are not being deputized. However, if one sees a crime in progress where someone else is in danger for their lives, it is up to the judgment of the person carrying with emphasis on a preserving lives. This Houston case is a somewhat gray area in that regard. These two made a judgement and I salute them for taking the action they did, they got a dangerous perp off the streets.

77. eaglesoars
    78 | January 13, 2013 12:37 am

AZfederalist wrote:

I do also. I’m just fairly certain I would not have made the same choice. This may be a gender-difference thing -- as politically incorrect as that sounds. I have no doubt that if you threaten me or mine I will kill you (no, I’m not shooting to ‘stop’ -- except permanently. Nobody is going to parole you from your grave so you can do it again.) But in that situation, there was no imminent threat. He was already down the road.

Here’s another one you won’t hear about

Very few people heard about the school shooting in gun-filled Wyoming that left three people dead late last year. Stick around, and you’ll find out why.

Here’s what happened:

Chris Krumm, a troubled 25-year-old, traveled from Connecticut to Casper, Wyoming, to settle a score with his father, Jim Krumm, a popular junior college instructor. The motivation for his actions are unclear, but Chris Krumm appeared to be suffering from a mental illness.

On a Friday morning, November 30, Chris Krumm murdered his father’s female companion Heidi Arnold– also an instructor at the college — and left her body in the street. He then drove to Casper College where his father Jim taught computer science in Room 325. Chris Krumm entered the room and — in front of students — shot his father in the head. Jim Krumm heroically wrestled his son to the floor before he died so the students could escape. Chris Krumm, like most of these cowards, committed suicide before police arrived.

It was a horrific incident, and it shook my hometown of Casper and the rest of our sparsely populated state to its core. Although Wyoming has one of the highest rates of gun ownership in the U.S., it also has one of the lowest murder rates. The incident was unusual and shocking and heavily covered locally but not nationally. Where were Michael Bloomberg and Bob Costas and Piers Morgan and Barack Obama?

So why, in the tragic shadow of Sandy Hook, haven’t you heard of this school shooting?

Because Chris Krumm killed Heidi Arnold with a knife. He shot his father through the head with a compound bow and arrow at a range of four feet. And he used a knife to end his own miserable existence.

Now you know why you haven’t heard about it

78. AZfederalist
    79 | January 13, 2013 12:41 am

@ eaglesoars:

Didn’t fit the narrative. I truly despise our media propaganda corps.

79. eaglesoars
    80 | January 13, 2013 1:14 am

ugh. I just looked at the clock.

nite

80. AZfederalist
    81 | January 13, 2013 1:19 am

Goodnight Ealesoars.

I’m out of here as well. Goodnight all

81. 82 | January 13, 2013 2:33 am

Well, I hope Lobo got some customers out of the gun show.

This whole hunting meme needs to addressed head-on. I strongly suspect that most gun owners don’t hunt. I know I don’t, and my true gun nut BiL doesn’t (I’d say anybody that has over 100 guns qualifies as a true gun nut.) Most of the people I see at my local range don’t appear to be hunters, or at least I’m pretty sure they don’t hunt with the weapons I see them with at the range. A Glock or a Barrett in .50 BMG are not hunting weapons, although the latter could be if they would ever open up a T. Rex season. The second is clearly NOT about hunting, or even home defense, and proponents should make that argument. It shouldn’t be too difficult to determine if hunting has in fact declined (sale of hunting licenses) at the same time gun sales have risen (NICS checks.) That particular strawman needs to be taken out of the equation, Fudds be damned. Letting grabbers raise that strawman is giving them an edge they don’t deserve and cannot defend.

83 | January 13, 2013 2:48 am

eaglesoars wrote:

AZfederalist wrote:

And also how aabsurd itis by the reducto ad absurdum rhetorical device.

Here’s a partial list ‘the powers to be’ can take a look at.

In 2009, the most recent year for which data is available, 547 people lost their lives in aviation accidents, most of which involved general aviation aircraft. Accidents related to trains and railroad systems killed 695 people. Recreational boating claimed the lives of 736 participants. On our nation’s highways, we experienced 33,868 fatalities involving cars, trucks, buses, and motorcycles.

Let’s all go back to walking.

83. 84 | January 13, 2013 3:13 am

A “big box” retailer steps up…

Via Scott Johnson at Powerline.

Most excellent!

84. 85 | January 13, 2013 8:32 am

@ AZfederalist:

But but but dat was a assident!

85. Buffalobob
    86 | January 13, 2013 6:15 pm

One of the stances our side needs to take is do not give one inch, not one maybe, not one well I agree with you on that point. The proga are very clever at dividing the opposition. I attended a gun show here in Boise yesterday, plenty of AR 15s and AKs and magazines if you wanted to spend the money. My brother went to a gun show in NY state the same day, no AR15s no magazines. They caved to the anti 2nd amendment Nazis. The Hoplophobia of the progs must be exposed and ridiculed.