Al-Qaeda captures a BP Gas Complex in Algeria

by Rodan ( 10 Comments › )
Filed under Al Qaeda, Islamic Terrorism, Islamists, Special Report at January 16th, 2013 - 4:41 pm

Obama bragged that al-Qaeda was on the run, but no one told them. In their latest act of aggression, they have seized control of a BP gas complex. The worst part is that there are 7 Americans taken hostage and they have surrounded the complex with mines.

ALGIERS, Algeria — In what could be the first spillover from France’s intervention in Mali, Islamist militants attacked and occupied a natural gas complex partly operated by energy company BP in southern Algeria on Wednesday. Two foreigners were killed and dozens of others, including Americans, were taken hostage.

A militant group claimed responsibility for the attack, saying it was in revenge for Algeria’s support of France’s operation against al-Qaida-linked Malian rebels groups far to the southeast. It said it was holding 41 foreigners, including seven Americans.

[....]

Algeria will not respond to terrorist demands and rejects all negotiations,” Interior Minister Daho Ould Kablia said on television. He denied that the militants were from Mali or Libya, possibly suggesting they were from Algeria itself.

In a statement, BP said the site was “attacked and occupied by a group of unidentified armed people,” and some of its personnel are believed to be “held by the occupiers.”

This is a direct result of NATO overthrowing Qaddafi. I wonder what the Obama Regime’s spin will be?

Tags: , ,

Comments

10 Responses to “Al-Qaeda captures a BP Gas Complex in Algeria”

1 | January 16, 2013 6:56 pm

and they could easily blow the whole facility sky high

2 | January 16, 2013 6:58 pm

I have the airtight solution to the persistent AQ ‘problem’…but it involves glassmaking

3 | January 16, 2013 6:59 pm

I intend to convert AQ handlers into lightbulbs

4 | January 16, 2013 7:06 pm

to enhance my interrogations, I’m going to certain manufacturers for over the counter stuff…M&B Baseball bats, Sears Diehard, Evian water, Cobalt wrenches, McCulloch chainsaws, Buck knives

5 | January 16, 2013 7:08 pm

hello?…I’m not responsible enough to be left alone here

6 | January 16, 2013 7:14 pm

Al Qaeda’s on the Run
    —apologies to Paul McCartney, and “Band on the Run”

Yes, I killed bin Laden
    He is dead forever
    It was my gutsy call
    For you…
    America, for you…

No, you’ve never anything to fear
    That’s what I’ve got to say
    I reached out in my Cairo speech
    The magic of my rhetoric will sway
    No, you’ve never anything to fear
    No, you’ve never anything to fear…

The compound exploded with a mighty crash
    From rocket-propelled grenades
    And though four Americans were brutally killed
    We will not admit mistakes were made
    Al Qaeda’s on the run; al Qaeda’s on the run
    You have got to know it was a video
    That’s why all of the damage was done

Al Qaeda’s on the run; al Qaeda’s on the run
    Al Qaeda’s on the run; al Qaeda’s on the run

You should ignore those calls from the Ambassador
    For more security out there
    How e’er could we predict? You know that we were tricked
    Intelligence was not aware
    Al Qaeda’s on the run; al Qaeda’s on the run
    You have got to know it was a video
    That’s why all of the damage was done

Al Qaeda’s on the run; al Qaeda’s on the run
    Al Qaeda’s on the run; al Qaeda’s on the run

Well, there is nothing quite like an Arab Spring
    To bring the Caliphate to pass
    But look dispassionately at my policies
    And you’ll see I’ve been an ass
    Al Qaeda’s on the run; al Qaeda’s on the run
    It seems I’ve overreached, so I’ll drop from my speech
    And hope that you’ll ignore

Al Qaeda’s on the run; al Qaeda’s on the run
    Al Qaeda’s on the run; al Qaeda’s on the run

7. 7 | January 16, 2013 7:28 pm

heysoos wrote:

Yup.

8 | January 16, 2013 7:46 pm

1389AD wrote:

heysoos wrote:

Yup.

the technique of adding food colorings in certain proportions under extreme head has had profound success…if done just right, my new device explodes, and like a Chinese dragon flows out across the plains swirling in rivulets of various colors…when it cools and solidifies, the result is a perfect likeness of Elvis when viewed from outer space

9 | January 16, 2013 7:51 pm

I know…extreme head sounds like Lindsey Lowhore, but I meant heat, not head

10. Daffy Duck
    10 | January 17, 2013 9:30 am

Report just now that Algerian military whacked…well, everybody: