Firearms Refresher Course…Simple as this!

by 1389AD ( 281 Comments › )
Filed under Open thread, Second Amendment, Weapons at January 16th, 2013 - 8:00 pm
Second Amendment

We should pass this around…often…

Here are some thoughts from our founding fathers that might shed a little light on the gun control issue.

★ “Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”
   ~Thomas Jefferson
★ “Those who trade liberty for security have neither.” ~ John Adams
★ Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
★ An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
★ Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
★ Gun control is not about guns; it’s about control.
★ You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
★ Know guns, know peace, know safety.
   No guns, no peace, no safety.
★ You don’t shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
★ Assault is a behavior, not a device.
★ 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
★ The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.
★ The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
★ What part of ‘shall not be infringed’ do you NOT understand?
★ Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.
★ When you remove the people’s right to bear arms, you create slaves.
★ The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

PLEASE PASS THIS ‘REFRESHER’ TO TEN FREE CITIZENS.

“I love this country, it’s the government I’m afraid of.”

Also see:

America’s Founders on the right to keep and bear arms

(h/t: Sparta)

Tags: ,

Comments

281 Responses to “Firearms Refresher Course…Simple as this!”

1 | January 16, 2013 8:02 pm

Great new ad from the NRA:

2. gibsonz
    2 | January 16, 2013 8:25 pm

I saw that earlier…it says it all! The time for civility and dialogue are over, the gloves are off when it comes to dealing with these cretins that would disarm us under the guise of ‘safety’!

3. Tanker
    3 | January 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Great new ad from the NRA:

Have to say, I’ve not been real happy with the NRA in the past few years, but by lord they may have found the balls to stand up to the BS Media. I hope they keep the pressure on.

Life Member/Rifle, Pistol and Range Safety Officer certified!

4 | January 16, 2013 8:27 pm

Great new ad from the NRA:

he needs a new haircut

5 | January 16, 2013 8:31 pm

once conservatives realize the significance of shoes and hair, we will begin to make inroads back into power…Americans understand a sharp dressed man…

6 | January 16, 2013 8:33 pm

7 | January 16, 2013 8:33 pm

fuck…

8 | January 16, 2013 8:35 pm

4 posts to make an insignificant post…fail

9. brookly red
    9 | January 16, 2013 8:37 pm

now this is not hard to figure out… http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/nationwide-ammo-shortages-police

when all the federal agencies started to order MILLIONS of rounds each I guess there is none left for the cops.

10. brookly red
    10 | January 16, 2013 8:38 pm

4 posts to make an insignificant post…fail

Top ain’t insignificant

11 | January 16, 2013 8:39 pm

yup, you are paying for your own demise…DHS bought all that ammo on your dime

12. brookly red
    12 | January 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Tanker wrote:

Great new ad from the NRA:

Life Member/Rifle, Pistol and Range Safety Officer certified!

we parted ways when they endorsed Reid, but if the continue to stand up to O I will renew my membership

13 | January 16, 2013 8:40 pm

4 posts to make an insignificant post…fail

Top ain’t insignificant

my brain is shot, my keyboard is shot, I’m doing shots

14. Tanker
    14 | January 16, 2013 8:40 pm

The essentials for a sharp dressed man

15. brookly red
    15 | January 16, 2013 8:42 pm

yup, you are paying for your own demise…DHS bought all that ammo on your dime

When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope we use.
    Joseph Stalin

16 | January 16, 2013 8:47 pm

Shameless: Obama Tweets 8-Year-Old’s Gun Control Plea To Rally Support…

The president of the United States tweeted a picture of an 8-year-old’s letter pleading for gun control to rally support for the initiatives he rolled out today at the White House.

“Dear President Obama,” the letter reads. “I think there should be some changes in the law with guns. It’s a free country but I recommend there needs be a limit with guns. Please don’t let people own machine guns or other powerful guns like that. I think there should be a good reason to get a gun. I think there should be a limit about how many guns a person can own. We should learn from what happened at Sandy Hook es. I feel really bad about what just happened.”

The letter is signed, “Grant,” who says he’s 8 years old.

“P.S,” the letter concludes, “I know you’re doing your best.”

Rumor has it that “Grant” is being nominated to head the ATF…

17 | January 16, 2013 8:51 pm

A few minutes ago on O’Reilly:

Marco Rubio: “Obama Doesn’t Have The Guts To Admit He Doesn’t Believe In The 2nd Amendment”…

“I actually believe the president doesn’t have the guts to admit he doesn’t believe in the Second Amendment although he states that he is. The Second Amendment is in the Constitution. I didn’t write the Constitution, neither did you, neither did he. If he doesn’t want the Second Amendment to be in the Constitution or if he wants to reform the Second Amendment then have the guts to admit that.”

18 | January 16, 2013 8:52 pm

yup, you are paying for your own demise…DHS bought all that ammo on your dime

When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope we use.
    Joseph Stalin

there you have it…we already have a vast, minority population locked into the system…as govt grows, capitalists become the enemy…and voila! here we are

19. brookly red
    19 | January 16, 2013 8:54 pm

Shameless: Obama Tweets 8-Year-Old’s Gun Control Plea To Rally Support…

The letter is signed, “Grant,” who says he’s 8 years old.

“P.S,” the letter concludes, “I know you’re doing your best.”

Rumor has it that “Grant” is being nominated to head the ATF…

I want him to produce the 8 yr old that wrote that… does he really think anyone believes an 8 yr old wrote that

20 | January 16, 2013 8:56 pm

@ brookly red:

I don’t think he really gives a crap what anyone believes. He knows that anyone who questions it will be called a racist by his friends in the media, so it doesn’t matter.

21 | January 16, 2013 8:57 pm

good for Rubio…we need to push back with a vengeance…challenge BO to debate and when he resists call him a coward and belittle him, call him stupid, call him destructive, but call him out…every time, on every issue…gun grabbing should be easy to cut him up good…the GOP has to attack him in unison tho

22. brookly red
    22 | January 16, 2013 8:58 pm

I really don’t like to post anything from Infowars BUT when he is right he is right http://www.infowars.com/other-tyrants-who-have-used-children-as-props/

23. Tanker
    23 | January 16, 2013 8:58 pm

@ brookly red:

Ding Ding Ding…we have a winner!

24. brookly red
    24 | January 16, 2013 9:01 pm

@ Tanker:

true *sigh* we are sooo screwed

25 | January 16, 2013 9:02 pm

A few minutes ago on O’Reilly:

It’s not just the Second Amendment, Obama hates the whole damn Constitution and the freedoms it protects.

26 | January 16, 2013 9:04 pm

@ Tanker:

true *sigh* we are sooo screwed*

*WASS

27 | January 16, 2013 9:05 pm

@ Tanker:
    BO is vain, max vain…he’s in love with himself and his perceived vision…attack him..drag him down and kick him, ridicule his manhood and his inability to lead, call him a punk Chicago organizer with no talent for leading, mock his staff and his cabinet, point out hypocrisy and slam him with his own words….go on the offensive, get off you ass and play the game…seems to me the GOP doesn’t want to win and they are tossing even more votes…they better wake up to all the pissed off people…this looks very much like a last stand for the GOP…what a cool job tho, huh?…House Rep? are you kidding me?…fuck these whimps

28. Tanker
    28 | January 16, 2013 9:06 pm

But Marco Rubio is a (insert bad things here)

Cant’ be our spokesman!

29 | January 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Deer Prezdint Obama,
    Thank you for saddling me and my classmates with crippling debt that will bankrupt the country before I am old enough to work. The perpetual recession is nice, too. I like living on beans!

My name is Government Grant, and I am 8 years old

30. Tanker
    30 | January 16, 2013 9:07 pm

@ Tanker:

Would be glad to have you on my 12 or 6 any day!

31 | January 16, 2013 9:10 pm

Deer Prezdint Obama,
    My name is Government Grant, and I am 8 years old

makes me want to puke

32 | January 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Tanker wrote:

@ Tanker:

Would be glad to have you on my 12 or 6 any day!

I’d give my left leg to head butt BO…he’s trash, a punk

33. brookly red
    33 | January 16, 2013 9:15 pm

Deer Prezdint Obama,

My name is Government Grant, and I am 8 years old

PS your wife shouldn’t eat so many lobsters they make her look very big from behind.

34. Tanker
    34 | January 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Tea meet monitor.

That’s funny, I don’t care who your are!

35 | January 16, 2013 9:19 pm

@ brookly red:
    her ass looks like Kansas and her shoulders like Vermont…please, spare me this attractiveness BS…and for gods sake don’t let her bite you

36. brookly red
    36 | January 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Tanker wrote:

Tea meet monitor.

??? over my head

37 | January 16, 2013 9:21 pm

@ heysoos:

But she has both Superbly Toned Arms™ and The Perpetual Scowl of the Incompetent Supervisor™.

38. brookly red
    38 | January 16, 2013 9:22 pm

@ heysoos:

Zombie Apoca-hips

39 | January 16, 2013 9:23 pm

Mooch the Heifer and Barry Lugs make a very nice couple…if Chicago corruption is your hobby

40. Tanker
    40 | January 16, 2013 9:23 pm

Tanker wrote:
    Tea meet monitor.
    ??? over my head

Sprayed sweet southern tea on my monitor!

41. gibsonz
    41 | January 16, 2013 9:23 pm

@ heysoos:
    You are so right…Obama is nothing but a bully who has never been stood up to as he hides behind affirmative action resources, much less had his ass kicked…it is far past time to kick his sniveling ass!

42. brookly red
    42 | January 16, 2013 9:24 pm

heysoos wrote:

where is Elliot Ness when you need him?

43 | January 16, 2013 9:25 pm

brookly red wrote:

where is Elliot Ness when you need him?

I thought the Elliot Ness Monster was just a legend…

44 | January 16, 2013 9:25 pm

@ heysoos:

whatever, she looks like some undiscovered deep water flesh eating fish to me….I can’t stand the sight of her

45 | January 16, 2013 9:27 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

The Perpetual Scowl of the Incompetent Supervisor™.

i have used that description…and have seen it first hand in some real losers who should have never been promoted to their station, racial hires mostly

46 | January 16, 2013 9:27 pm

heysoos wrote:

The Creature from the Black Separatist Lagoon.

47. brookly red
    47 | January 16, 2013 9:27 pm

heysoos wrote:

whatever, she looks like some undiscovered deep water flesh eating fish to me….

dyam now I want sushi…

48 | January 16, 2013 9:28 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    and you knock em down

49. brookly red
    49 | January 16, 2013 9:28 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

the Black Separatist Lagoon.

they just call it Chicago these days…

50. 51 | January 16, 2013 9:32 pm

He’s right.

52 | January 16, 2013 9:32 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Ulsterman Report’s Republican Insider: Obama livid over gun rights backlash.

The Osprey wrote:

Ulsterman Report’s Republican Insider: Obama livid over gun rights backlash.

I’ll bet he is…I’d like to make him even more livid…what a pussy, totally removed from reality

52. 53 | January 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Rand Paul was on Hannity pointing out how Gun Control is racist.

54 | January 16, 2013 9:33 pm

@ Tanker:

can i get a witness!!!

55 | January 16, 2013 9:34 pm

BO is like a speed bag…just find a rhythm and bang away…keep pounding til he loses it

56 | January 16, 2013 9:34 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Ulsterman Report’s Republican Insider: Obama livid over gun rights backlash.

good.

this ‘obc’ is very happy about that.

56. 57 | January 16, 2013 9:34 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Ulsterman Report’s Republican Insider: Obama livid over gun rights backlash.

And the backlash hasn’t even started yet, what is going to be when it has, plaid?

57. eaglesoars
    58 | January 16, 2013 9:34 pm

I didn’t see anything in the 23 item list directly related to weapons that doesn’t have to go thru the leislative process, so won’t be passed.

What does churn my stomach is this deputization of medical/health care providers. Example: Your parents have been responsible gun owners all their lives. Dad begins to exhibit signs of dementia but Mom is ok. Dad’s doc goes to whatever the controlling authority is and your parents’ weapons are -- what? -- confiscated? What about Mom’s 2nd amendment rights? Now the household is absolutely defenseless.

Or, your Dad’s doc says nothing, Dad’s illness leads him to shoot the neighbor while in the throes of a paranoid break -- and what happens to the doc?

See where I’m going with this?

58. 59 | January 16, 2013 9:35 pm

The Osprey wrote:
    Ulsterman Report’s Republican Insider: Obama livid over gun rights backlash.

good.
    this ‘obc’ is very happy about that.

Maybe he’ll get so worked up that he has a stroke… A body can dream can’t they… :twisted:

59. eaglesoars
    61 | January 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Oh good Hannity is talking about this now with Dr. Hammer.

62 | January 16, 2013 9:38 pm

The Osprey wrote:
    Ulsterman Report’s Republican Insider: Obama livid over gun rights backlash.
    good.
    this ‘obc’ is very happy about that.

Maybe he’ll get so worked up that he has a stroke… A body can dream can’t they…

i just want to see him lose his cool and make some more bad mistakes. coddled narcissistic racial hires are notoriously thin skinned.

63 | January 16, 2013 9:38 pm

The Osprey wrote:
    Ulsterman Report’s Republican Insider: Obama livid over gun rights backlash.
    good.
    this ‘obc’ is very happy about that.

Maybe he’ll get so worked up that he has a stroke… A body can dream can’t they…

I don’t think some sort of emotional ‘stroke’ is off the table…BO is a fragile pussy…keep hammering him and he’ll step into a huge pile of shit…his critics are growing

62. 64 | January 16, 2013 9:38 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

One last post-pimp for the newest Ballad: “The Newest, Predicted, Federal, Needless Gun-Grab—Like New York.”
    And, in case you missed it: “Carry Guns.”
    Comments, of course, welcomed.

Buzz… Write another one… “Carry Gun’s my westward Son” with apologizes to Kansas of course… “Carry on my wayward Son”… :twisted:

65 | January 16, 2013 9:39 pm

The Osprey wrote:
    Ulsterman Report’s Republican Insider: Obama livid over gun rights backlash.
    good.
    this ‘obc’ is very happy about that.
    Maybe he’ll get so worked up that he has a stroke… A body can dream can’t they…

yup…pound him

64. brookly red
    66 | January 16, 2013 9:39 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Maybe he’ll get so worked up that he has a stroke… A body can dream can’t they…

so far 2 congressmen have said the I word… I think it will be more by the end of the week.

65. 67 | January 16, 2013 9:39 pm

Like the twat who fired me from BofA!

66. 68 | January 16, 2013 9:39 pm

The Osprey wrote:
    Ulsterman Report’s Republican Insider: Obama livid over gun rights backlash.
    good.
    this ‘obc’ is very happy about that.
    Maybe he’ll get so worked up that he has a stroke… A body can dream can’t they…

yup…pound him

Make him cry like a little girl… :evil:

69 | January 16, 2013 9:40 pm

@ eaglesoars:

‘patient refuses to answer’

‘patient does not know’

‘patient answers in the negative’

68. 70 | January 16, 2013 9:40 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Make him cry like a little girl effeminate

There, fixed that for ya!

71 | January 16, 2013 9:41 pm

brookly red wrote:

Maybe there can be a children’s book, so Congress can understand it; “Barack and the Giant Impeach.”

70. 72 | January 16, 2013 9:41 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    Maybe he’ll get so worked up that he has a stroke… A body can dream can’t they…

Honestly I suspect it’s all bluster and bluff…

President Obama to be arrested and Impeached.

71. brookly red
    73 | January 16, 2013 9:41 pm

he will take just take a few weeks of golf in Hawaii and chill out

72. 74 | January 16, 2013 9:42 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    ‘patient refuses to answer’
    ‘patient does not know’
    ‘patient answers in the negative’

Patient asked I we had any Tapioca… :twisted:

75 | January 16, 2013 9:42 pm

more or less…attack him where he is most vain and hope for a big mistake…but attack

76 | January 16, 2013 9:42 pm

he will take just take a few weeks of golf in Hawaii and chill out

Loves
    Loves
    Loves
    to smack white balls around…

75. brookly red
    77 | January 16, 2013 9:43 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    Maybe he’ll get so worked up that he has a stroke… A body can dream can’t they…

Honestly I suspect it’s all bluster and bluff…

President Obama to be arrested and Impeached.

hey why not put him on the ropes and make him play defense? the worm is turning :)

78 | January 16, 2013 9:43 pm

he will take just take a few weeks of golf in Hawaii and chill out

go ahead, that’s points against

79 | January 16, 2013 9:44 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

an article for ya buzz

78. 80 | January 16, 2013 9:44 pm

@ eaglesoars:

In the Soviet Union, the Communists used doctors to declare people crazy and had them arrested. Just a thought.

79. eaglesoars
    81 | January 16, 2013 9:45 pm

@ eaglesoars:

‘patient refuses to answer’

‘patient does not know’

‘patient answers in the negative’

So civil disobedience?

Dr Hammer used the example of someone who clearly expresses the desire/intent to harm someone else and is correct that the laws already on the books give providers and affirmative obligation to report. So he basically poo-pooed the whole concern.

But I am not sanguine.

80. brookly red
    82 | January 16, 2013 9:46 pm

@ eaglesoars:

we used to do it here… well not arrested, committed. much faster and cheaper than divorce.

81. 83 | January 16, 2013 9:46 pm

But I am not sanguine.

Does that make you a tangerine?

84 | January 16, 2013 9:46 pm

Thank you! Very interesting!

Removing “offensive” terms from books destroys historical context; makes it impossible for people to see what we’ve come from, and how far; encourages censorship and revisionism; and, of course, attacks the integrity of the author’s work.

85 | January 16, 2013 9:47 pm

@ eaglesoars:

guidance of the professions is up to the individual state. if 0 pushes this, the state boards push back.

84. brookly red
    86 | January 16, 2013 9:48 pm

@ eaglesoars:

and can see him in a padded cell issuing executive orders all day :)

85. 87 | January 16, 2013 9:49 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I hope you are right, but personally I believe we are being set up for the biggest screwing in World History.

86. unclassifiable
    88 | January 16, 2013 9:49 pm

@ eaglesoars:

You can’t do anything without due process.

The libs actually assured that when they rewrote the commitment laws.

So in a way, they have hung themselves. The very effort to get the insane “their rights” will undermine this legislation.

Done.

Oh and my new greeting…

F*ck Obama!

87. eaglesoars
    89 | January 16, 2013 9:49 pm

But I am not sanguine.

Does that make you a tangerine?

a blood orange

88. 90 | January 16, 2013 9:51 pm

Oh and my new greeting…

F*ck Obama!

And a lovely F*ck Obama! day to you too… :mrgreen:

91 | January 16, 2013 9:51 pm

by one twist of logic or another, we are all felons, brigands, and pirates now…I’ve not felt so invigorated in years

90. unclassifiable
    92 | January 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Control of the language is the first play of the liberal handbook.

91. eaglesoars
    93 | January 16, 2013 9:52 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

You can’t do anything without due process.

Tell it to Nakoula Basseley Nakoula

94 | January 16, 2013 9:52 pm

heysoos wrote:

i have to wear an eye patch for 2 more days!

arrrrrrrr!!!! ahoy matey!

93. 95 | January 16, 2013 9:52 pm

So does that make us all Australians now? :twisted:

94. eaglesoars
    96 | January 16, 2013 9:52 pm

F*ck Obama!

You first.

95. unclassifiable
    97 | January 16, 2013 9:53 pm

Why thank you good sir.

98 | January 16, 2013 9:53 pm

@ eaglesoars:

that is exactly what obamacare is.

97. 99 | January 16, 2013 9:53 pm

heysoos wrote:

i have to wear an eye patch for 2 more days!
    arrrrrrrr!!!! ahoy matey!

ROTFLMAO…. Sorry, just remembering Puti calling you a Pirate on her birthday… :lol: :lol: :lol:

100 | January 16, 2013 9:54 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I do too…the feds are just too much, all bravado aside…these guys know how to follow you and take care of business

101 | January 16, 2013 9:54 pm

Tell it to Nakoula Basseley Nakoula

I’m still not entirely convinced that he wasn’t paid by the government to produce the damn video in the first place, and that his “arrest” was done to spirit him away from possible scrutiny/questioning. The Obama, Hillary, and the rest were too much on top of that obscure and amateurish video to not make me wonder.

100. unclassifiable
    102 | January 16, 2013 9:54 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I’m using a different connotation of the most flexible word in the English language. It does not convey intercourse.

101. 103 | January 16, 2013 9:54 pm

Why thank you good sir.
    FO

It was indeed a righteous FO day out here, why thank you sir… :grin:

104 | January 16, 2013 9:55 pm

yep. thats me till staurday

105 | January 16, 2013 9:56 pm

@ heysoos:

long is the struggle, hard the fight.

104. 106 | January 16, 2013 9:56 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    ROTFLMAO…. Sorry, just remembering Puti calling you a Pirate on her birthday…
    yep. thats me till staurday

Daddy’s a pirate, daddy’s a pirate… :grin: (Wonder where she got that idea… :razz: )

105. unclassifiable
    107 | January 16, 2013 9:56 pm

Oh but he’s not crazy.

But your point is well taken. I’m afraid he put himself in that position with the parole terms.

106. brookly red
    108 | January 16, 2013 9:57 pm

@ eaglesoars:

that is exactly what obamacare is.

No. that is the tip of the iceberg… if we are disarmed we will have bigger problems than obamacare

109 | January 16, 2013 9:59 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Daddy’s a pirate, daddy’s a pirate…

The Last Saskatchewan Pirate.

108. 110 | January 16, 2013 9:59 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    that is exactly what obamacare is.

Yup, if the Obamanation Administration succeeds in disarming American Citizen, Obamacare will be the least of our worries.

109. unclassifiable
    111 | January 16, 2013 10:00 pm

Full disclosure.

I have just begun my drinking (wine).

If you kind folks will alert me if I am out of control for your sensibilities I would be much obliged since I can hold no enmity which such an esteemed group of patriots.

112 | January 16, 2013 10:01 pm

@ brookly red:

its all part of the same ball of horribleness.

111. 113 | January 16, 2013 10:01 pm

Full disclosure.
    I have just begun my drinking (wine).
    FO

Hmmm, Isn’t coldwarrior holding a beer summit of something tonight???

112. eaglesoars
    114 | January 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Tell it to Nakoula Basseley Nakoula

That is I think, quite possible. It supports my working hypothesis that Chris Stevens was set up. Benghazi was a gun running operation on the order of Fast & Furious. Why did he have to meet the Turkish ambassador there instead of Tripoli? About what?

Arm Al Queda, disarm Americans. Perfect.

115 | January 16, 2013 10:03 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Hmmm, Isn’t coldwarrior holding a beer summit of something tonight???

i am discussing the finer points with the irish delegation right now.

114. unclassifiable
    116 | January 16, 2013 10:03 pm

We have a commander in chief who has admitted that the story of his life is fabricated yet the media is all over a Mormon kid who plays football at a Catholic school who got his wires crossed with some help from a few of his team mates.

117 | January 16, 2013 10:04 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    Daddy’s a pirate, daddy’s a pirate…
    The Last Saskatchewan Pirate.

arrrrr!

116. 118 | January 16, 2013 10:04 pm

@ brookly red:
    its all part of the same ball of horribleness.

Bill Ayer’s (Prairie Fires) 25 million Americans eliminated, who refuse to become Marxists is where this is all leading.

119 | January 16, 2013 10:05 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Arm Al Queda, disarm Americans. Perfect.

something rotten in libya fer sure

118. unclassifiable
    120 | January 16, 2013 10:05 pm

I’m here what’s to discuss?

There is Guinness.

There is all the other crap.

Any questions?

119. 121 | January 16, 2013 10:05 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    Hmmm, Isn’t coldwarrior holding a beer summit of something tonight???
    i am discussing the finer points with the irish delegation right now.

Yer all bastages, every sodden one of ya’s… :sad:

120. brookly red
    122 | January 16, 2013 10:05 pm

Tell it to Nakoula Basseley Nakoula

Arm Al Queda, disarm Americans. Perfect.

I said he was set up the day it happened… I got laughed at. Glad to see reasonable people are coming around.

121. eaglesoars
    123 | January 16, 2013 10:05 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

I’m afraid he put himself in that position with the parole terms.

Really? Ask yourself this: Why would he violate those conditions for a crappy video and 8 year old would be embarrassed to show?

- he expected nothing more than a slap on the wrist, which in a case like his is the norm

- he had been given assurances

124 | January 16, 2013 10:05 pm

@ brookly red:
    its all part of the same ball of horribleness.

throw some agenda 21 in the pot, now we are getting somewhere

125 | January 16, 2013 10:06 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    Hmmm, Isn’t coldwarrior holding a beer summit of something tonight???
    i am discussing the finer points with the irish delegation right now.

Yer all bastages, every sodden one of ya’s…

aye!

124. unclassifiable
    126 | January 16, 2013 10:07 pm

@ unclassifiable:

OK there’s Bushmills.

Finish your Guinness and we can start on that.

127 | January 16, 2013 10:07 pm

‘Nite, folks.

128 | January 16, 2013 10:07 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

I’m here what’s to discuss?
    There is Guinness.
    There is all the other crap.
    Any questions?

murphy’s…

127. eaglesoars
    129 | January 16, 2013 10:07 pm

brookly red wrote:

I said he was set up the day it happened… I got laughed at.

I wasn’t THAT fast -- it took me about 3 days to establish a timeline I thought was reasonable -- then I knew.

128. eaglesoars
    130 | January 16, 2013 10:08 pm

‘Nite, folks.

‘nite to the Balladeer!

129. brookly red
    131 | January 16, 2013 10:08 pm

@ brookly red:
    its all part of the same ball of horribleness.

and that is where an all volunteer military comes in…

130. 132 | January 16, 2013 10:09 pm

I call it Обамаград….

131. unclassifiable
    133 | January 16, 2013 10:09 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Oh I’m not discounting the setup aspect.

But did he have to make the deal and why?

He’ll be dead before he talks.

My guess is that he’ll be far away before that.

134 | January 16, 2013 10:09 pm

kick your ass…

133. unclassifiable
    135 | January 16, 2013 10:10 pm

Where? In your basement?

134. brookly red
    136 | January 16, 2013 10:12 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

I wasn’t THAT fast — it took me about 3 days to establish a timeline I thought was reasonable — then I knew.

motive + opportunity = suspect.

135. 137 | January 16, 2013 10:12 pm

@ heysoos:

If you ask me, I think he’s not a pussy, but a catamite….

136. 138 | January 16, 2013 10:13 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Would a ‘negro’ in Germany be an African-German?
    Would a white person in Africa be a European-African?

139 | January 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Where? In your basement?

right now, yep.

i’m replanning the layout of the bar and reflecting on competing designs whilst partaking in cork’s own stout.

138. Prebanned
    140 | January 16, 2013 10:16 pm

@ brookly red:
    its all part of the same ball of horribleness.

Country Cop refuses to enforce unconstitutional gun laws,Chicago Cops threaten to shoot anyone with a gun in thier hand. Philly cops suck, too.

No wonder city folks do not cooperate with police.

139. 141 | January 16, 2013 10:16 pm

@ mfhorn:

‘Negro’ -- Untermensch.

140. unclassifiable
    142 | January 16, 2013 10:17 pm

Tell it to Nakoula Basseley Nakoula

Arm Al Queda, disarm Americans. Perfect.

The fact that Stevens was in Benghazi raised all kinds of flags with me.

Usually when all hell breaks loose you are either at the main embassy or getting the heck out — not at some 3rd rate diplomatic post.

141. eaglesoars
    143 | January 16, 2013 10:17 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

But did he have to make the deal and why?

Coptic Christian. Any family in Egypt under threat from MB?

I’m from the government and I’m here to help.

142. AZfederalist
    144 | January 16, 2013 10:17 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

What does churn my stomach is this deputization of medical/health care providers. Example: Your parents have been responsible gun owners all their lives. Dad begins to exhibit signs of dementia but Mom is ok. Dad’s doc goes to whatever the controlling authority is and your parents’ weapons are — what? — confiscated? What about Mom’s 2nd amendment rights? Now the household is absolutely defenseless.

Or, your Dad’s doc says nothing, Dad’s illness leads him to shoot the neighbor while in the throes of a paranoid break — and what happens to the doc?

See where I’m going with this?

..or the doc does what they did in the old days; tell the relatives the diagnosis and say, as my Gradfather said when one of his neighbors was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, “If you have any firearms in the house, you need to get shut of them”. Relatives then took care of the issue. No government intervention, all good Texan farmer common sense.

145 | January 16, 2013 10:17 pm

The Commentator has found evidence of self-styled ‘vigilantes’ patrolling streets of London, accosting women and vandalising public property. The group, which is attempting to cordon off ‘Muslim areas’, has dubbed itself ‘Muslim Patrol’.

So far, the group has posted two videos to its new YouTube account which was set up in December 2012. The first video shows the destruction of advertising and vandalising of bus shelters, both displaying images of H&M push-up bras. The second video sees the ‘vigilantes’ approaching and harrassing members of the public for either consuming alcohol, dressing ‘inappropriately’, or being inebriated near a mosque.

Several of the videos uploaded to the account have already been removed as they violated YouTube’s terms and conditions. One specifically states that YouTube deemed it intentionally “designed to bully, harrass and threaten”.

The footage is likely to have come from East London, where ‘Shariah zones’ were set up last year. The new tactic of intimidation is said to appall local residents, who will likely find the ‘patrols’ disconcerting.

In the videos, the ‘Muslim Patrol’ is heard to say, “Alcohol banned. This is a Muslim area. Muslims patrol the area.”

One young woman, when confronted by the patrol, states, “I am appalled, this is Great Britain”, to which the authors of the video are heard to remark, “We don’t care. It’s not so Great Britain”.

Those involved are thought to be a part of an extremist network in East London and not linked to the wider Muslim community in the local area.

oh yes they are, they are.

144. 146 | January 16, 2013 10:18 pm

@ unclassifiable:

Bushmill’s, Black Bush, Bushmill’s Honey Irish, Tullamore Dew, Kilbeggan’s…

145. eaglesoars
    147 | January 16, 2013 10:18 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

not at some 3rd rate diplomatic post.

Even that was a facade.

It was a CIA outpost.

146. unclassifiable
    148 | January 16, 2013 10:19 pm

My God my Dad’s side of the family emigrated from Cork.

Finish one off for me.

Actually I am quaffing some “The Prisoner” 2009.

149 | January 16, 2013 10:19 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

gospel. the LAST place you want your ambassador was in that rat trap…unless you wanted him dead.

148. eaglesoars
    150 | January 16, 2013 10:20 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

Precisely. When my mother’s dementia became obvious, the rifle was unloaded, ammo and handguns were put in the safe which Mom was no longer capable of opening.

151 | January 16, 2013 10:21 pm

cheap vodka and Gatoraid.we are the champions, my friend

152 | January 16, 2013 10:21 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

My God my Dad’s side of the family emigrated from Cork.
    Finish one off for me.
    Actually I am quaffing some “The Prisoner” 2009.
    FO

i have some sam smith’s for later this weekend.

151. 153 | January 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Pee on a mosque? Christen it with a bottle of cheap booze? And how long before they demand bacon & ham be removed from grocery stores in the area?

152. unclassifiable
    154 | January 16, 2013 10:22 pm

@ mfhorn:

Oh holy crap I’m such an amateur.

I bow before you collective knowledge — simpleton that I am.

153. 155 | January 16, 2013 10:23 pm

@ eaglesoars:

You nailed it! It was to arm the Al Qaeda in Syria.

156 | January 16, 2013 10:24 pm

hello, hello?

157 | January 16, 2013 10:24 pm

cheap vodka and Gatoraid.we are the champions, my friend

there is much to be said for ‘inexpensive vodka’.

sobieski, luksusowa vodka, and wyborowa should never be passed up

158 | January 16, 2013 10:25 pm

mfhorn wrote:

only a matter of time

157. unclassifiable
    159 | January 16, 2013 10:25 pm

@ eaglesoars:

So Obama is funneling hush money to the MB under Egyptian assistance to the tune of a few billion dollars which is an oxymoron on several levels.

A billion is not a few of anything.

158. unclassifiable
    160 | January 16, 2013 10:27 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I thought that outpost was about a mile away from there.

159. brookly red
    161 | January 16, 2013 10:27 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

called it the day it happened… rule of thumb: if obama is in charge it is not incompetence it is agenda.

160. unclassifiable
    162 | January 16, 2013 10:27 pm

@ heysoos:

I’m working on it.

163 | January 16, 2013 10:28 pm

@ brookly red:

rodan can attest that i called bullshit on this on day one as well (worked embassy and diplomatic security for 4 years). we had a phone conversation about it. this whole thing stinks

162. unclassifiable
    164 | January 16, 2013 10:30 pm

Actually I understood that they were taking Libyan weapons and the locals got PO’ed. One thing I read stated something like 20K SAMs.

I think I’d be PO’ed too.

163. eaglesoars
    165 | January 16, 2013 10:30 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I thought that outpost was about a mile away from there.

FO

both I think. I saw a layout. Let me see if I can find it.

164. unclassifiable
    166 | January 16, 2013 10:31 pm

I like the pale ale.

165. 167 | January 16, 2013 10:31 pm

gibsonz wrote:

@ heysoos:

I posted a comment to that effect on another forum and was greeted with a reply from a leftie troll who accused me of not being able to get over the fact that a nonwhite is in the white house.

Put it this way…I didn’t start out being all that prejudiced but I’ve gotten to the point where all I see when I look at a person is: “Did that person vote for democrats and thereby help to ruin what’s left of my life?” Given that I work in a store in a ghetto neighborhood, that’s a big temptation to the sin of despair.

166. unclassifiable
    168 | January 16, 2013 10:31 pm

@ unclassifiable:

Oh and I forgot…

F*ck Obama

167. 169 | January 16, 2013 10:32 pm

cheap vodka and Gatoraid.we are the champions, my friend

Lose the gatorade. Just the vodka. No ice.

170 | January 16, 2013 10:33 pm

dig this…one of the great live solos ever
    these guys were amazing

169. brookly red
    171 | January 16, 2013 10:34 pm

@ brookly red:

I didn’t call BS, I said set up but questioned what the motive could be… stupid me, I was thinking profit when it was islam all along.

170. 172 | January 16, 2013 10:34 pm

@ unclassifiable:

Hamas had Nato weapons. Gee I wonder how they got there!

173 | January 16, 2013 10:35 pm

I’m heavily into the blues…but I’m not a rodger…I bow you all..
    but I can’t help myself

172. 174 | January 16, 2013 10:35 pm

@ brookly red:
    its all part of the same ball of horribleness.

throw some agenda 21 in the pot, now we are getting somewhere

For anybody who doesn’t know what Agenda 21 is…

One of their tenets is to cut back the worldwide population to 1 billion.

Okay, THEY can volunteer to die first.

173. 175 | January 16, 2013 10:35 pm

McCain is a foreign agent.

John McCain supports more aid for Muslim Brotherhood Egypt

174. 176 | January 16, 2013 10:36 pm

@ brookly red:

Something stinks alright, but trying to tie Nakoula Basseley Nakoula into it is a stretch.

Rule one of every Covert Operation: Keep it as simple as possible because anything that can possibly go wrong will go wrong.

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula was a convenient scapegoat, nothing more.

Ambassador Stevens was

a) supplying Syrian insurgents with small arms.
    b) attempting to recover American made Stinger missiles
    c) suppose to be kidnapped so that he could be traded for the Blind Sheik. He was not suppose to get killed.

175. unclassifiable
    177 | January 16, 2013 10:36 pm

@ mfhorn:

To be frank my Dad’s side of the family is from Cork but America is my mother and father country.

I dropped the hyphenated stuff when I woke up to the reality that is the IRA.

176. eaglesoars
    178 | January 16, 2013 10:36 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I thought that outpost was about a mile away from there.

FO

both I think. I saw a layout. Let me see if I can find it.

here.

177. unclassifiable
    179 | January 16, 2013 10:38 pm

Muslim outreach and student exchange program?

178. 180 | January 16, 2013 10:38 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

I think I’d be PO’ed too.
    FO

They were Stingers, also known as Manpad’s, and closer to 200.

179. 181 | January 16, 2013 10:39 pm

Many of them ended up in Gaza. I saw Hamas fighters with NATO weapons.

182 | January 16, 2013 10:39 pm

@ mfhorn:
    I dropped the hyphenated stuff when I woke up to the reality that is the IRA.
    FO

ex wife is from kinsale.

181. 183 | January 16, 2013 10:39 pm

@ heysoos:
    long is the struggle, hard the fight.

The struggle against evil will last until Judgment Day.

We don’t get to take a rest.

F*ck Obama!
    You first.

With a red-hot radioactive chainsaw.

@ eaglesoars:

There’s a pretty good book on that called “Soviet Psychoprisons.”

You always have to be careful about making sure there is due process.

You don’t want people having a harmless and innocent relative committed in order to gain control over that person’s property, or over their offspring.

184 | January 16, 2013 10:40 pm

McCain is a foreign agent.
    John McCain supports more aid for Muslim Brotherhood Egypt

what a turd.

183. 185 | January 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Many of them ended up in Gaza. I saw Hamas fighters with NATO weapons.

And they are being used right this second in Syria, which the Russian are rather pissed off about I might add.

184. 186 | January 16, 2013 10:42 pm

McCain is a foreign agent.
    John McCain supports more aid for Muslim Brotherhood Egypt

The proper word is “traitor.”

@ brookly red:

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula was a convenient scapegoat, nothing more.
    Ambassador Stevens was
    a) supplying Syrian insurgents with small arms.
    b) attempting to recover American made Stinger missiles

That sums it up pretty well.

Macker wrote:

@ mfhorn:
    ‘Negro’ — Untermensch.

That’s also what they thought of Slavs (and what they still think of us).

185. unclassifiable
    187 | January 16, 2013 10:42 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Well that don’t look like a mile away unless your jogging the perimeter trying to avoid “stuff”.

This thing seems like it has already been catboxed.

Hillary is going to have something else come up — manufactured appearance of the Clenis in something not Hillary is my guess since he has been off the leash the whole time anyway.

186. eaglesoars
    188 | January 16, 2013 10:43 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula was a convenient scapegoat, nothing more.

WAY too convenient. How did a movie no one ever heard of get made/blamed?

I don’t believe in coincidence when it comes to this admin. Especially when Hillary lies to Wood’s father WHILE standing by his coffins telling him they were going to arrest the filmmaker. When she knew the whole thing was a lie.

187. eaglesoars
    189 | January 16, 2013 10:44 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

There was another facility about a mile away

188. 190 | January 16, 2013 10:45 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    Nakoula Basseley Nakoula was a convenient scapegoat, nothing more.
    WAY too convenient. How did a movie no one ever heard of get made/blamed?

The movie was made almost a year before. You are ascribing to the Obamanation Administration a degree of advanced planning that they have shown no evidence of.

191 | January 16, 2013 10:47 pm

they managed to find a fig leaf

190. 192 | January 16, 2013 10:47 pm

Here’s a picture of Hizballah fighters.

Does that Uniform look familiar?

193 | January 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Here’s a picture of Hizballah fighters.
    Does that Uniform look familiar?

nice kevlars

192. 194 | January 16, 2013 10:48 pm

See my link in 191, Does that Uniform the Hezzies have remind you of any?

193. 195 | January 16, 2013 10:49 pm

I wonder where they got it?

:wink:

194. 196 | January 16, 2013 10:51 pm

See my link in 191, Does that Uniform the Hezzies have remind you of any?

Not saying it does, but I have an old 90′s Marine Corps Blouse in my closet that could be swapped out without anyone knowing the difference.

195. eaglesoars
    197 | January 16, 2013 10:51 pm

doriangrey wrote:

The movie was made almost a year before.

How did they find it? Keep in mind that what Obama wanted to roll out today was developed by DOJ in 2011 and held in a drawer until after the election. Sandy Hook was a gift.

Now -- did they intend to use the film for what they ended up using it for? Maybe not -- but they had that arrow in the quiver if they needed it.

196. 198 | January 16, 2013 10:56 pm

they managed to find a fig leaf

Yup, that’s exactly what he was. A convenient distraction to muddle the waters. No special op’s team would ever agree to engage in an operation with that many operational variables. When covert ops go bad, people die. Thus the number one rule, keep them as simple as humanly possible.

The problem in Benghazi was… That nobody read Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty into the part about Ambassador Stevens being intentionally kidnapped. They rushed in all gunge-ho and screwed up Obama and Clinton’s plan.

197. 199 | January 16, 2013 10:57 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    The movie was made almost a year before.
    Now — did they intend to use the film for what they ended up using it for? Maybe not — but they had that arrow in the quiver if they needed it.

Believe me when I tell you this. Langley knows what every single video put on youtube is.

198. unclassifiable
    200 | January 16, 2013 10:58 pm

The whole thing about the Arab Spring is why?

Destabilization is provocation is cover?

But unlike all of the chaffe they have thrown domestically to hide their Cloward-Piven strategy domestically, this stuff does not have an easily identifiable end game.

Knocking off Israel (despite the prevailing sentiments on this blog) is fairly small potatoes for this gang. Something else is up. Particularly when we seem to be going head to head with Russia again in Syria.

199. 201 | January 16, 2013 11:02 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

The whole thing about the Arab Spring is why?
    Destabilization is provocation is cover?

Think “Long Game” and Crude Oil”…

200. eaglesoars
    202 | January 16, 2013 11:02 pm

I find that plausible.

I should hope so.

Why did Clapper, the DNI take the fall? (I mean I know he is utterly useless and I suspect that’s why he’s useful……)

201. 203 | January 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Misdirection.

202. 204 | January 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Misdirection.

Whenever any covert operation goes bad, the first thing that the agency involved does… Is to begin the misdirection campaign. Make people look in the wrong places for the wrong answers as to what was going on.

203. unclassifiable
    205 | January 16, 2013 11:11 pm

Dorian its always about Oil. Hell you couldn’t get every chip manufacturer and cement maker in the world to take sand from the damn place even if they were paying them to. Oil is the only thing and everyone has known that for about 70 years.

No this is about global political alignment. There are 1.5 Billion Muslims in the world and they are starting to feel they could be a Caliphate if they could just get past their sectarianism. Think about that. It is China except they have been in some kind of battle the whole damn time.

204. eaglesoars
    206 | January 16, 2013 11:12 pm

Misdirection.

Thought so.

Joe Scarborough is on Charlie Rose saying it’s no longer safe to send our kids to school, the mall, etc., and Sandy Hook was the last straw.

Guess what Joe -- it’s not people like me that’s making those venues unsafe. It’s the criminals who don’t give a monkey’s butt about your laws. That’s why they’re criminals.

205. 207 | January 16, 2013 11:12 pm

@ unclassifiable:

Black Bush is aged in sherry casks. Nice amber color, fuller flavor. Honey Irish is very good & smooth. Tullamore is even smoother, very light. Let’s see… there’s also Knappogue Castle, Tyrconnel, John Powers, Red Breast, Feckin’, Brennan’s, Jameson, Green Spot & Midleton’s. Midleton is VERY expensive- never tried it. I’ve had at least a little of all of those except the Green Spot.

Black Bush, Tullamore & the Bushmill’s Honey are my favorites.

206. 208 | January 16, 2013 11:19 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

It’s a long game chess game. China needs oil, needs it bad or their economy goes key-blooy. Destabilizing the Middle East puts a world of hurt on the Chinese plans for regional dominance. Take a careful look at which countries are being destabilized. It isn’t the ones supplying the US with oil.

The Russians are playing along with this game because, well, they don’t particularly like the Chinese. Iran, Turkey and the Muslim Brotherhood/Al Qaeda (yes they are one and the same) are fighting over who will lead the new Islamic Caliphate.

In the mean time, who is getting hurt. China.

207. unclassifiable
    209 | January 16, 2013 11:22 pm

@ mfhorn:

Thank you very much for the recommendation. I have a pretty good liquor store in town. I’ll cut and paste your recommendations and see if I can pick something up for the games on Sunday.

Folks, the night is winding down for me. I am but a humble programmer trying to make sense of all of this madness. My fellow Americans (the liberals) are lost and adrift of a sea of troubles. They know not where they are being lead and are only just beginning to realize their impending seasickness which will leave them retching at the rails.

And we here are desperately looking for a calm bay to settle our ship of state. Despite the invective (which is a normal sailors wrath) we too are in the boat and are simply looking for good anchorage for all.

And um,

F*ck Obama!

208. eaglesoars
    210 | January 16, 2013 11:25 pm

doriangrey wrote:

In the mean time, who is getting hurt. China.

There is something to what you say. But do we really want a destabilized China? Look at their demographics. The male-to-female ratio is appalling and I have not read one analysis that says anything but that it’s a recipe for military adventurism in order to vent the social steam.

209. brookly red
    211 | January 16, 2013 11:27 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

In the mean time, who is getting hurt. China.

I appreciate your world view… it is actually a world view.

210. Calo
    212 | January 16, 2013 11:27 pm

In the mean time, who is getting hurt. China.

Is China going to stand around while the oil rich countries jack them around?

I always go back and think about how many young Chinese men they have aged 25 and younger, of prime fighting age and disciplined.

211. Calo
    213 | January 16, 2013 11:28 pm

Word!

You said that much better than I.

212. rain of lead
    214 | January 16, 2013 11:30 pm

hey ya’ll
    good thread tonight
    btw
    my beer tonight is lagunitas IPA
    tasty

213. brookly red
    215 | January 16, 2013 11:35 pm

doriangrey wrote:

In the mean time, who is getting hurt. China.

We don’t want a destabilized anything, but if the Chinese decide to hold the “Million Man Booty Run” we don’t have much to fear… heck we could air lift them a million welfare chicks as part of debt “service” and it’s a win-win in my opinion. :)

214. brookly red
    216 | January 16, 2013 11:37 pm

brookly red wrote:

well it would be cheaper than giving them California…

215. eaglesoars
    217 | January 16, 2013 11:38 pm

Calo wrote:

You said that much better than I.

Thank you dear, but I didn’t say it -- I just read other people who have.

I’ve worked with people from mainland China. Most are ok -- but there have been a few whose paranoia runs deep and true. Kind of like when we started getting refugees from the Soviet Union before the wall came down and they didn’t trust anyone with a window office.

216. rain of lead
    218 | January 16, 2013 11:39 pm

doriangrey wrote:

In the mean time, who is getting hurt. China.

that would take carew of New york, but why stop there?
    chicago, atlanta,…etc many lib cities could help with this effort

217. eaglesoars
    219 | January 16, 2013 11:40 pm

brookly red wrote:

well it would be cheaper than giving them California…

Oh hell, give ‘em California already. I’m sick of that place. We have to get dorian out first tho.

You’re in NYC. I assume you’ve read about the Chinese anchor baby hotels they’re starting to close down?

Now THAT is a ‘long game’ play……

218. brookly red
    220 | January 16, 2013 11:44 pm

rain of lead wrote:

doriangrey wrote:

In the mean time, who is getting hurt. China.

that would take carew of New york, but why stop there?
    chicago, atlanta,…etc many lib cities could help with this effort

well I did intend that a a rude joke, but now that you mention it this could work… I mean we got over 2 million husbands/baby daddies in the lock-up for serious time and that is a freebie to the GFs/wives to collect welfare… hey you want free phone? you assemble phone :)

219. brookly red
    221 | January 16, 2013 11:47 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Now THAT is a ‘long game’ play……

read the Art of War… it is for real.

220. rain of lead
    222 | January 16, 2013 11:47 pm

1. Women

2 ?

3. Profit!

221. brookly red
    223 | January 16, 2013 11:49 pm

rain of lead wrote:

1. Women

2 ?

3. Profit!

I have just invested in a company that makes blond hair dye… and with that I say good night.

222. 224 | January 16, 2013 11:52 pm

@ eaglesoars:

China doesn’t really have anywhere to vent, they are basically boxed in. They do not have a deep water Navy, and pretty much everyone wants to keep it that way. They can provide their citizens with electricity via coal or hydro-electric, but they need oil for a deep water Navy, and nuclear power is as yet out of their reach for Navel vessels.

@ brookly red:

Thank you, I try to keep abreast of what is going on in the world. While doing it I also make every attempt to remember, that in that great big world out there, everyone else (for the most part) feels as patriotic about their own country as most conservatives here feel about America. What is in their best interests isn’t necessarily what is in America’s best interests.

@ Calo:

Keep in mind that the Chinese attempted to crash the American Economy back in September of 2007. What China wants is pretty much irrelevant at this point. The folks at Foggy Bottom and Langley have never ever been known to let things like that go without a serious response.

The Chinese are in a box tactically and strategically speaking. Surrounding by the Himalayas on one side, Siberia on the other and India, their only outward expansion route is into the South China Sea and the Pacific Ocean after that, BUT China has no deep water Navy. YET…

Combine the Quantitative Easing that the Fed has been doing with the instability of their Middle Eastern oil supply and China is getting a world of hurt thrown down on them.

By the way, if you don’t understand what Quantitative Easing is doing to the Chinese economy, think of it like this. America borrowed 1 trillion dollars from China, then the Fed deflated our currency 100 to 1, meaning that… For every 100 dollars China lent us, they will now get paid back 1 dollar.

223. eaglesoars
    225 | January 16, 2013 11:56 pm

brookly red wrote:

read the Art of War… it is for real.

Ok, now that’s just MEAN! Why would you assume I haven’t read such a classic?

I’m hurt. Deeply.

224. eaglesoars
    226 | January 17, 2013 12:02 am

doriangrey wrote:

They can provide their citizens with electricity via coal or hydro-electric,

Have you read what’s going on with the 5 Gorges Dam? It’s sides are collapsing. They built it on an accelerated (unrealistic) schedule and didn’t let the cement cure apparently. Basically, their infrastructure is shoddy before it comes online. These people are in deep trouble and I scoff whenever I hear crappola about GASP! -- THE TIGER!

I saw apiece in the WSJ the other day -- on a scale of 1 -- 500 the air pollution in one city was over 700.

For every 100 dollars China lent us, they will now get paid back 1 dollar.

Which is why they’re buying gold.

225. 227 | January 17, 2013 12:12 am

eaglesoars wrote:

I saw apiece in the WSJ the other day — on a scale of 1 — 500 the air pollution in one city was over 700.

That, I’m afraid was enviro-Nazi propaganda. Beijing has always had that problem, has to do with the Himalayas and the Gobi desert. Monsoonal winds pile up against the Himalayas and get forced back towards Beijing via the Gobi where they pick up fine dust and sand.

The Chinese have been planting trees like crazy for the last 30 or 40 years in an attempt to defuse those winds and force them to drop the dust and sand before they get to Beijing. Their efforts have been pretty successful in that now they only have a hand full of really bad air quality days each year in Beijing where as before they had month and month of those really bad air quality days.

226. rain of lead
    228 | January 17, 2013 12:13 am

@ eaglesoars:

I heard the report about the chinese air pollution
    the most air polluted city in america is about 150/160
    theirs is at over 700

like being an instant 3pack a day smoker

227. 229 | January 17, 2013 12:14 am

eaglesoars wrote:

Have you read what’s going on with the 5 Gorges Dam?

Yup,heard about that, knew it was going to happen even before I heard about it. I’ve done concrete work before and I knew they were going way to fast.

228. rain of lead
    230 | January 17, 2013 12:14 am

ahhh, I did not know that

Johnny Carson off

229. Calo
    231 | January 17, 2013 12:15 am

Actually, that reminds me of So Cal.

232 | January 17, 2013 12:15 am

@ eaglesoars:

I remember a story on BBC radio last year where the Chinese were all pissed off at our embassy in Beijing for posting air pollution figures on their website.

It seems that the numbers they post don’t match the official Chinese figures (big surprise).

231. eaglesoars
    233 | January 17, 2013 12:17 am

doriangrey wrote:

To be fair, my attention was not what it could have been and I only skimmed the article -- it may have mentioned that (Molly was vomiting blood and I kinda lost it)

234 | January 17, 2013 12:18 am

I want no part of anything built by the Chinese. When I was in Saudi Arabia, we stayed in a building for a few days that was about 6 weeks old and had been built by Chinese contractors.

There was a big floor-to-ceiling crack in the center of the building from where it was settling, the light switches would spark when you turned them on, and the A/C units all dripped water inside.

I doubt that building is still standing.

233. 235 | January 17, 2013 12:19 am

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH…. Sucks to be Chinese… :twisted:

234. rain of lead
    236 | January 17, 2013 12:20 am

hey lobo
    with all the gun crazy going on, has you’re shooting classes increased
    are you getting some ka-ching? even just a little?

235. eaglesoars
    237 | January 17, 2013 12:22 am

eaglesoars wrote:

Here is a good piece that seems to cover all aspects of the issue.

And it’s my bedtime.

nite all.

236. Calo
    238 | January 17, 2013 12:22 am

@ rain of lead:
    Heh, he posted some stats that showed about a 700% increase from Sept to December.

237. Calo
    239 | January 17, 2013 12:23 am

And, one more down.

Night eaglesoars. Sleep well.

238. eaglesoars
    240 | January 17, 2013 12:24 am

I want no part of anything built by the Chinese

not to mention their dog food.

241 | January 17, 2013 12:25 am

rain of lead wrote:

hey lobo
    with all the gun crazy going on, has you’re shooting classes increased
    are you getting some ka-ching? even just a little?

Some days are better than others, but yeah.

242 | January 17, 2013 12:25 am

I want no part of anything built by the Chinese
    not to mention their dog food.

that too

241. rain of lead
    243 | January 17, 2013 12:26 am

a little smooth wind it down for the day mellow out so to be able to sleep music

242. rain of lead
    244 | January 17, 2013 12:28 am

good
    having money come in is good to lower BP

243. 245 | January 17, 2013 12:32 am

Gates of Vienna: dead link

246 | January 17, 2013 12:53 am

I’m watching last year’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Guns ‘n’ Roses minus Axl Rose really isn’t worth watching.

This year should be good. Heart and Rush are both being inducted, finally.

Maybe they’ll get around to Foreigner and Boston someday.

245. Moe Katz
    247 | January 17, 2013 1:03 am

Zimriel wrote:

Gates of Vienna: dead link

Please, please help. We’ve been removed from Blogger. No message why.

248 | January 17, 2013 1:07 am

@ Moe Katz: Google has crappy support on things like this. You want to spread the risk around and buy a $5 per month wordpress site, attach a wordpress.com site to it. Then write about blogger.

247. Calo
    249 | January 17, 2013 1:13 am

@ darkwords:
    What is gates of vienna?

is that a blog that has been disamapearred?

250 | January 17, 2013 1:20 am

Calo wrote:

@ darkwords:
    What is gates of vienna?
    is that a blog that has been disamapearred?

Yup.

Let’s see…it’s an anti-jihad site on Blogspot, which is owned by Google. Google has a history of caving in to demands by totalitarians.

I’m guessing that some poor Muslim complained that his “prophet” was being insulted, so Google took the site down.

249. 251 | January 17, 2013 1:21 am

Calo wrote:

@ darkwords:
    What is gates of vienna?
    is that a blog that has been disamapearred?

Anit-Islam blog. Involved in a lot of BlogWarz.

250. Calo
    252 | January 17, 2013 1:26 am

@ Mike C.:

Obviously, I don’t get around much.

Thank you.

253 | January 17, 2013 1:28 am

Calo wrote:

@ Mike C.:
    Obviously, I don’t get around much.
    Thank you.

There are times when I really wish that I lived in the Harlan County, Kentucky of Justified.

When people irritate you, you can shoot them in the head.

254 | January 17, 2013 1:32 am

With the current ammo shortage, there probably isn’t enough to shoot everyone at Google who needs it.

253. Calo
    255 | January 17, 2013 1:34 am

You know, I feel the same way most days, metaphorically, of course.

256 | January 17, 2013 1:36 am

Calo wrote:

You know, I feel the same way most days, metaphorically, of course.

It’s usually metaphorical for me, too.

But not always.

255. Calo
    257 | January 17, 2013 1:37 am

There are some on this blog who would drag out their best ammo, in your honor, if you ever suggested Foreigner or Boston should be in the Hall of Fame.

258 | January 17, 2013 1:39 am

Calo wrote:

Fortunately, they’re a minority.

Plus, there’s the fact that Abba is in there. Pretty much ends that discussion.

259 | January 17, 2013 1:39 am

@ 249 Calo:
    Yah old blog friend of LGF. A little more odd than here. Harder hitting against islam.

258. Calo
    260 | January 17, 2013 1:41 am

I might have to call you an ankle biter for bringing up Abba tonight.

261 | January 17, 2013 1:41 am

@ Calo:

Hell, Tom Scholz of Boston should be in there just for the electronics he’s invented for the music industry.

262 | January 17, 2013 1:42 am

Calo wrote:

I might have to call you an ankle biter for bringing up Abba tonight.

I didn’t vote them in.

261. Calo
    263 | January 17, 2013 1:51 am

Let’s pick on darkwoods instead, he seems easy.

@ darkwords:

A little more odd.

264 | January 17, 2013 1:59 am

“All right, here’s the deal, people. We’re gonna haul your asses in for harboring a fugitive, threatening a federal officer, possession and distribution of narcotics, mail fraud, identity theft, and some other shit that I’m sure we’re gonna find here.”

LOL

263. 265 | January 17, 2013 2:23 am

Well, seeing mostly a whole lot of nothing from yesterday’s Big Deal presser with the EOs. I rather imagine that that “leadership from behind” killed any chance of any Dem congress critters up for re-election in 2014 from wanting to fall on their swords. Only those in the very safest districts/states will be voting “yea” on anything gun related.

266 | January 17, 2013 2:33 am

hmmmm….

267 | January 17, 2013 2:40 am

268 | January 17, 2013 2:45 am

versus

269 | January 17, 2013 2:45 am

270 | January 17, 2013 2:51 am

or

271 | January 17, 2013 2:51 am

272 | January 17, 2013 2:58 am

or.

273 | January 17, 2013 2:59 am

274 | January 17, 2013 3:02 am

for fun.

and they put on a great show the other night:

275 | January 17, 2013 3:11 am

274. 276 | January 17, 2013 3:37 am

Humpf…

275. 277 | January 17, 2013 3:42 am

As “Uncle” Dave Macon said about Earl, “He can play the banjer, but he ain’t one bit funny!”

276. 278 | January 17, 2013 4:11 am

Too old-timey, eh? Okay, one of my modern favorites. The composition, the overall sound, the lyrics…

277. 279 | January 17, 2013 4:21 am

Rock music for thinking people…

278. 280 | January 17, 2013 4:27 am

OTOH, there are those times when one must drop the Tull, drop the Bach, and let one’s “inner redneck” out to party…

Now that’s what I’m talking about…

279. 281 | January 19, 2013 10:53 am

@ eaglesoars:
    It’s the criminals we let walk over the border and the ones we catch and turn right around and release.