Hey West Virginia, How’s That Manchin Pick Working Out For You?

by Flyovercountry ( 204 Comments › )
Filed under Politics at January 16th, 2013 - 2:00 pm
Political Cartoons by Lisa Benson

In 2010 Joe Manchin(D) West Virginia, ran in a special election for the U.S. Senate against John Raese. Raese was considered ahead in the polls, and probably would have stood a decent chance of winning that election, despite the fact that Republicans almost never win state wide elections in the most politically quizzical state in our nation. 2010 was a wave year, and a solid rebuke of President Obama, a man despised in the Mountain State.

As the election got close, Manchin changed tactics. He decided to paint himself as a Republican, and promised to spend his time in Washington taking on the Obama Administration, repealing Obamacare, fighting against Cap and Trade, and defending the Second Amendment with every fiber of his being. Don’t believe me? Have a peek at his campaign ad, which probably turned the election in his favor.

Such is our bane. Joe Manchin is not the first Democrat to get himself elected to our Legislative Branch by basically promising to be a Republican once elected. That particular list is in fact so long, I dare say it would take more time and effort to read than the Health Care Destruction Law they passed known as Obamacare. In short, Joe Manchin is nothing special, or even different when the list of lying liars is compiled. The question is, how has reality stacked itself up against the promises made?

In his ad, which got him elected, he made three promises. First he promised to fight the Administration’s efforts to infringe themselves upon our Second Amendment Rights. Here is how he has been spending his time accomplishing that.

His second promise was to defeat the Cap and Trade Bill pending in the Senate. Fortunately that Bill was defeated before Manchin had his chance to break that particular promise. But one bill does not a kept promise make. It is clearly the implied intention behind the promise that counts most of all. Since November of 2010, our Executive Branch, and most glaringly of all, the EPA has run amok in creating new rules to old laws that has seen a defacto infliction of the Cap and Trade Legislation put into place. How has Manchin done in his fight to save West Virginia’s Coal and Natural Gas Industries? Natural gas in West Virginia on privately owned land has sky rocketed, but that’s despite the government’s best efforts, and not because of them. Coal on the other hand has been besieged. Electricity prices have rocketed upwards, and not one peep from West Virginia’s junior Senator, who does hold real power to slow this down, should he choose to exercise it. Manchin has not asked a single question of the EPA in any capacity during any hearing when he has had the opportunity to do so. He has fallen in with the leadership of his party, not stepped one toe across the party line, been that good little soldier, and not so much as given a cross eyed look in the direction of President Obama.

His third promise was to promise to repeal the parts of Obamacare that could be repealed. He, despite his Constitutional authority to introduce legislation into the Senate, has done nothing to keep this promise. As one of 535 distinguished members of our Legislative Branch, at any time he chooses, Joe Manchin can introduce any repeal legislation of this sink hole of a law that he wishes. Even if it would not pass, it at least would be some sort of symbol that he takes his campaign promises somewhat seriously.

Joe Manchin is living proof that the Blue Dog Democrats are an illusion. They do what they can to sound like Conservatives when running, and they instantly revert back to their Marxist roots once elected. This advert for Joe Manchin should have been the center piece of the bid to remove him from office in 2012, and as it is, that’ll have to wait for 2018. That being said, there is no reason not to make this concept the highlight of all future campaigns where some one with Joe Manchin’s lack of discernible character decides to run on the delusion of the Conservative Democrat.

Joe Manchin is not the only sypmtom of this problem, he just had the best ad on T.V. Part of the problem with our side is also our lack of fighting back when these lies are so blatantly told. Rather than just accept this, why not call the other side out when employing the tactic of deception? I can understand falling short with individual candidates the first time around, but two years later, why was nothing done by the GOP to tie Manchin to his campaign promises of 2010?

The GOP loses a lot of elections that should be clear wins. Part of the reason for that is their complete unwillingness to fight back. Mitt Romney was brutal with his treatment of Tim Pawlenty, Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich, Rich Santorum, and Herman Cain. His treatment of Barack Obama can best be described as handle with care, and treat as if fragile. This was despite the fact that Obama’s camp had produced ads that depicted Romney as an insensitive murderer plotting to kill off his employees with cancer.

One or two losses can be written off due to being outmatched tactically speaking. The problem is that this has become a regular thing dating back to the 92 campaign. It is no longer an isolated incident, but rather a trend, and one that sees our Constitution in the cross hairs. The fault dear Brutus is not in our stars, but in ourselves that we are underlings.

Special note:

Joe Manchin has been promoting his inclusion in that group of useless dolts know as, “No Labels.” Their primary claim is that they’re going to get things done in Washington by breaking out into a political version of singing, “Kumbayah,” and compromising their way back into our hearts and minds. This group is the Clinton political operatives setting the groundwork for Hillary’s 2016 Presidential run. They are every bit as dangerous to our nation as the Obama team. Secretary Manchin is no more palatable than Senator Manchin.

Cross Posted from Musings of a Mad Conservative.

UPDATE: After watching the ad again, resisting yet again the urge to retch, I noticed that Manchin made a fourth promise. He also promised to cut federal spending. After we all stop laughing hysterically, I believe that we can give him the official grade of swing and miss on that promise as well. But his overall score will not be changed by the new revelation. Zero for Three is the same score of Zero percent that Zero for Four represents.

Comments

204 Responses to “Hey West Virginia, How’s That Manchin Pick Working Out For You?”

1 | January 16, 2013 2:13 pm

Flyover stirs the pot again…excellent wordage

2 | January 16, 2013 2:18 pm

We ought to learn from Manchin when we run candidates in Blue states.

3. 3 | January 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Speranza wrote:

We ought to learn from Manchin when we run candidates in Blue states.

Yup, they say what they have to win and then stick with the Dems on a key issue. We don’t do that.

4. rain of lead
    4 | January 16, 2013 2:26 pm

the stupid, it burns
    no, I mean really,

REP. NADLER: TWO TO FOUR SELF-DEFENSE SHOTS IS ENOUGH
    Nadler told Breitbart News:
    Hunters don’t use large ammunition clips, and as far as self defense, I mean who are you defending yourself against? If you’re defending yourself against a robber…if you have a pistol permit or you’re carrying a gun because you work for Wells Fargo and you’re taking money in and out of a bank or something, two or three or four shots should be enough—period.
    Nadler felt similarly about looting, riots, and mob situations. When asked about the looting circumstances that business owners faced post super storm Sandy, Nadler responded:
    The same thing is the case. Second, there weren’t so many mobs looting (during Sandy). If you are in a store…I’m not aware of any mobs looting. One or two shots should be enough. You don’t want to start mowing down 30 or 40 people. Hopefully you’re not going to do that. You don’t need to do that. The police shouldn’t do that either. Nobody should be doing that. The only people who should ever be firing large clips of ammunition is the military.

5 | January 16, 2013 2:29 pm

rain of lead wrote:

If you are in a store…I’m not aware of any mobs looting.

It appears that Mr. Nadler does not follow the news. There were several flash-mob lootings last summer, not to mention the OWS rioters.

6. 6 | January 16, 2013 2:29 pm

rain of lead wrote:

So he’s going to take guns away from the police, too? Interesting. Gun grabbers usually want the police to look like Sly Stalone in th eExpendables.

7. 7 | January 16, 2013 2:30 pm

LA Riots. End of story.

8 | January 16, 2013 2:32 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    I find it pretty entertaining to read all these bizarre observations

9 | January 16, 2013 2:32 pm

I thought magazines were protected under the First Amendment…

Hey, that’s the ticket! Firing bullets is a form of free speech!

10. eaglesoars
    10 | January 16, 2013 2:34 pm

Correct me if I’m mistaken -- wasn’t he Governor of W. VA before he went to the Hill? So he had a very clear record and it wasn’t just about this campaign ad.

As for the No Labels crowd -- I believe Lord Snootful, aka Jon Huntsman is part of that. I consider it a stalking horse. I wouldn’t trust that guy father than I can spit.

11 | January 16, 2013 2:34 pm

liberals…
    it just doesn’t make sense!
    it just doesn’t make sense!
    waaaahhhh!

12 | January 16, 2013 2:35 pm

@ eaglesoars:

New Ballad.

13 | January 16, 2013 2:39 pm

@ 4 rain of lead: Well outfit the police with those little two shot pea shooters. Let them use a slingshot as backup.

14 | January 16, 2013 2:39 pm

@ rain of lead:

You might want to ask that woman in Georgia who shot an intruder about 10 days ago about that.

She fired 6 shots from her .38 revolver and hit the guy 5 times.

He was able to walk away, get into his car, and drive several blocks before he finally passed out.

15 | January 16, 2013 2:40 pm

He didn’t feel so good. Had a big day planned but then the pain

16 | January 16, 2013 2:41 pm

It’s a total crock of shit to think that Blue Staters will elect RINOs instead of real Liberals.

17. Mars
    17 | January 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Nadler is intentionally lying. He doesn’t want the public thinking about the fact that we are supposed to be armed to protect ourselves from the government itself.

My state has a similar election dysfunction. We have two dem scumbags for our senators. Both run as republicans every election, then go to washington and rule as dems. They throw out one or two little tidbits for the easily fooled, and then get reelected.

18 | January 16, 2013 2:43 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Huntsman is part of No Labels.
    He’s just a rich guy looking for attention.

19 | January 16, 2013 2:44 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

He didn’t feel so good. Had a big day planned but then the pain

I’m sure he didn’t, but the point is that the only thing that saved her and her kids was the fact that he chose to break off the attack.

He could have killed all 3 of them before he succumbed to his wounds.

20. 20 | January 16, 2013 2:44 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Correct me if I’m mistaken — wasn’t he Governor of W. VA before he went to the Hill? So he had a very clear record and it wasn’t just about this campaign ad.
    As for the No Labels crowd — I believe Lord Snootful, aka Jon Huntsman is part of that. I consider it a stalking horse. I wouldn’t trust that guy father than I can spit.

Yes he was Gov of West Virginia and was very Pro-Gun. Now he’s singing a different tune since he was re-elected in 2012.

No Labels was Mike Bloomberg’s project. It’s really a troll organization.

21. citizen_q
    21 | January 16, 2013 2:44 pm

@ rain of lead:
    Wonder what is background is to make such tactical decisions?

Hours of watching cop shows on TV?

22 | January 16, 2013 2:45 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

I thought magazines were protected under the First Amendment…

Hey, that’s the ticket! Firing bullets is a form of free speech!

There’s no doubt that it is a statement that’s hard to ignore… :shock:

23 | January 16, 2013 2:45 pm

@ Mars:

If you need to protect yourself against Nadler, you’re going to need more than a couple of shots.

Or possibly an elephant gun.

24. Mars
    24 | January 16, 2013 2:46 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

I’ve looked into the No Labels crowd pretty well. It turns out they are a liberal operation connected to Tom Daschle’s son and a couple of Klinton operatives. They run a website claiming to be a “new way” of politics under a different organization name.

The Communist ex-mayor of Salt Lake also heads up another “no label” type group that is also another stealth liberal movement.

25. citizen_q
    25 | January 16, 2013 2:47 pm

I have heard replay of the 911 call the husband made. His wife called him and on another phone he called 911.

26. eaglesoars
    26 | January 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Holy crap, I don’t believe he said this.

Rush just asked “Want to know how to make abortion illegal? Require they all occur with guns”.

I nearly choked on my soda.

(Buzz, reading your ballad now)

27. Mars
    27 | January 16, 2013 2:48 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

No Labels was Mike Bloomberg’s project. It’s really a troll organization.

Bloomberg gave it over to these clowns.

28 | January 16, 2013 2:48 pm

citizen_q wrote:

I’ll bet that she wished that she had a few more rounds.

29. 29 | January 16, 2013 2:51 pm

@ rain of lead:

Well let’s see, Nadler. Here’s a math question. If I have two criminals, who don’t give a shit about your new law(s), with 2 magazines of 10 each and their both firing at me, I’m sure that 7 rounder I have will keep me real safe.

Just to be clear -- it is not up to you, or Il Duce in Albany, to determine what I get to have under the damn Second Amendment!

30. eaglesoars
    30 | January 16, 2013 2:51 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Huntsman is part of No Labels.
    He’s just a rich guy looking for attention.

Don’t kid yourself. That guy makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up and salute.

31. 31 | January 16, 2013 2:52 pm

I think for grits and shins we should publish Rep. Nadler’s home address and advise criminals that apparently he doesn’t believe in large-capacity magazines so that 55″ flat screen is just there for the taking. Bring a U-Haul.

32 | January 16, 2013 2:53 pm

@ Mars:

Or possibly an elephant gun.

The anti-BS mortar comes to mind…

33. eaglesoars
    33 | January 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Mars wrote:

Yep. I knew as soon as I dug a bit that it was all a front. Anybody that tries to stop you/me from naming the enemy (‘work place violence’ my ass) -- is up to no good.

34. 34 | January 16, 2013 2:55 pm

rain of lead wrote:

Someone should show this moron that 44-minute shootout in Los Angeles where two criminals with body-armour and high powered ILLEGAL weapons held the police at bay. In fact the police were so badly outgunned they had to go to a gun store to appropriate AR-15′s because they were armed with .38′s and Remington 12-gauge shotguns.

Over 2000 rounds were fired.

35 | January 16, 2013 2:57 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    Huntsman is part of No Labels.
    He’s just a rich guy looking for attention.

Huntsman couldn’t be anymore annoying.
    H shared a conversation with his wife. Apparently she
    threatened to leave him if he became like those “Neanderthals”
    that he was on stage with during the Republican debates.

36. citizen_q
    36 | January 16, 2013 2:58 pm

citizen_q wrote:
    I’ll bet that she wished that she had a few more rounds.

That I am sure of since she emptied the revolver into he assailant.

Could be just me, but the husband sounded proud when he told the 911 dispatcher, that she was shooting the hell out of him.

I know I’d be proud of my wife if G-d forbid she was in a similar situation. It hasn’t happened to me, but I can’t see myself shedding a tear over some scumbag’s injuries sustained attempting to attack my wife.

37. 37 | January 16, 2013 3:02 pm

Is anyone else having trouble with the Washington Post? All I get is a nasty Javascript error when I try to open their pages. Well, I get the page and then the Javascript error eats it.

38. eaglesoars
    38 | January 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Buzz I commented on your ballad thread but it hasn’t shown up yet.

Apparently she
    threatened to leave him if he became like those “Neanderthals”

I don’t think she has cause for concern. That particular transformation would require testosterone.

39. 39 | January 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Was that supposed to be a threat or a promise? Huntsman is an odious little prick. I’ve never liked him.

40 | January 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Some comments in letters to BHO from 8 & 10 year olds read,
    “I couldn’t bear the thought” & “My reccomendation is…..”
    Children do not express themselves that way.

41 | January 16, 2013 3:06 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Indeed.

42 | January 16, 2013 3:06 pm

Some comments in letters to BHO from 8 & 10 year olds read,
    “I couldn’t bear the thought” & “My reccomendation is…..”
    Children do not express themselves that way.

i knew these were fake letters, but jeeze guys, at least make an effort!

43. citizen_q
    43 | January 16, 2013 3:06 pm

Some comments in letters to BHO from 8 & 10 year olds read,
    “I couldn’t bear the thought” & “My reccomendation is…..”
    Children do not express themselves that way.

My brother’s step grandson, who is 8 can barely tie his shoes.

44 | January 16, 2013 3:07 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

That particular transformation would require testosterone.

45. 45 | January 16, 2013 3:07 pm

@ Mars:

Don’t get me wrong, the GOP does have major issues. But No Labels is not the answer.

46. eaglesoars
    46 | January 16, 2013 3:07 pm

Didn’t you get Big Sis’ memo? Homeland Security said we were supposed to wipe Java because it had a bug that left if vulnerable to hacking. Oracle says they’ve fixed it but I didn’t see anything about when it would be available.

I DO know that if Homeland Security tells me to disable something that I can download a corrected version of later, I’m probably not gonna do it. I suspect ‘corrected version’ is a euphemism for something I won’t like.

47 | January 16, 2013 3:07 pm

Huntsman is an insufferable snob & hie wife sounds like another one.

48. 48 | January 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Santorum definitely fits that description. But Romney, Newt or Perry? Give me a break.

49. Mars
    49 | January 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Some comments in letters to BHO from 8 & 10 year olds read,
    “I couldn’t bear the thought” & “My reccomendation is…..”
    Children do not express themselves that way.

i knew these were fake letters, but jeeze guys, at least make an effort!

For some reason teaches do this a lot. Parents tend to go the other direction and write as if their children are less educated than they are.

50. 50 | January 16, 2013 3:14 pm

@ Mars:

these letters are BS.

51. Mars
    51 | January 16, 2013 3:17 pm

@ Mars:
    these letters are BS.

Transparently so. Written by the teachers, then had the kids copy what they wrote and signed it.

52 | January 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Some comments in letters to BHO from 8 & 10 year olds read,
    “I couldn’t bear the thought” & “My reccomendation is…..”
    Children do not express themselves that way.

Even if they did, why are we taking policy recommendations from 8 year olds?

53 | January 16, 2013 3:19 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Buzz I commented on your ballad thread but it hasn’t shown up yet.

Saw—thanks!—and replied.

54 | January 16, 2013 3:20 pm

I’ve hit the wall with this constant BO dog and pony show…kids with letters?…good grief how AmIdol can you get?…why was this not a big issue last year, or four years ago?…don’t bother to repeat the answer…the feds have hit bottom

55. Tanker
    55 | January 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

rain of lead wrote:

Over 2000 rounds were fired.

How many bags of popcorn or boxes of chicken nuggets would it take to get that fat ass to set through a 44 minute film. I bet if he went to a theater they would be hard pressed to fill his order in time to start the show! ///

56 | January 16, 2013 3:23 pm

heysoos wrote:

because they desperately need something to distract the sheep from the fact that the country is on the verge of financial collapse.

57. 57 | January 16, 2013 3:24 pm

Pres. Morsi: “Oops! We love Jews. It was all taken out of context.”

58 | January 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Also, Obama does not know how to do his job and has no interest in doing it. His one signature piece of legislation—Obamacare—was rammed through by Pelosi and Reid. He’s probably never even read it.

Holding rallies, rabble-rousing, making declarations and proclamations, issuing ukases, and posturing for the cameras is all he knows how to do.

59 | January 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

Pres. Morsi: “Oops! We love Jews. It was all taken out of context.”

“Hey! Why didn’t you warn me that some of these infidels understand Arabic?”

60 | January 16, 2013 3:26 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

sorta describes a pimp

61 | January 16, 2013 3:27 pm

Right, Huntsman’s wife lumped them all together.
    She sounds very elitist. With Huntsman himself
    there is no doubt.

62 | January 16, 2013 3:27 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Sounds like the job description of a community organizer.

63 | January 16, 2013 3:28 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

Ali told reporters. “He also assured them of his respect for monolithic religions, freedom of belief and practicing religions.”

“Monolithic?” Really?

Was the reporter so ignorant as to mistake “monotheistic” for “monolithic,” was it a matter of poor English on the part of the spokesman, or was that a tell? Neither Judaism nor Christianity are anywhere near as “monolithic” as Islam.

64. unclassifiable
    64 | January 16, 2013 3:28 pm

Quite right.

And the fact I called the President of the United States a fascist POS on the prior thread was also taken out of context.

65 | January 16, 2013 3:30 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

And of course the truth is that Muslims don’t consider Christianity as it’s actually practiced to be a monotheistic religion, anyway.

66 | January 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Of course, it’s the Muslims who bow down before a black monolith…

67 | January 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Some comments in letters to BHO from 8 & 10 year olds read,
    “I couldn’t bear the thought” & “My reccomendation is…..”
    Children do not express themselves that way.

Even if they did, why are we taking policy recommendations from 8 year olds?

Maybe we should elect an eight year old.
    Obama continues to exploit children for political gain.
    First for ObamaCare & now the victims at Sandy Hook
    and the props today.

68 | January 16, 2013 3:32 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

I don’t think they have the concept of irony in Islam…

69. 69 | January 16, 2013 3:33 pm

He’s a despicable man.

70. 70 | January 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Lebanese Liberal: Hatred Of Jews A Basic Principle In Muslim Brotherhood Philosophy

In an article posted January 9, 2013 on Elaph.com, Lebanese liberal Joseph Bishara wrote that hatred of Jews is a basic principle in the philosophy of the Muslim Brotherhood (MB). The article came in response to statements by Egyptian senior MB official ‘Issam Al-’Aryan, who, on December 27, 2012, urged Jews who had been driven out of Egypt during the rule of Egyptian president Gamal ‘Abd Al-Nasser to return to the country in order to make room for the Palestinians. Bishara claimed that this statement, seemingly welcoming the return of Jews to Egypt, was no more than a public relations gimmick.

71 | January 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Maybe we should elect an eight year old.

Couldn’t hurt. The one girl’s letter mentioned how she understood that Congress had to pass laws.

She apparently has a better grasp of the Constitution than Obama does.

72 | January 16, 2013 3:34 pm

citizen_q wrote:

Some comments in letters to BHO from 8 & 10 year olds read,
    “I couldn’t bear the thought” & “My reccomendation is…..”
    Children do not express themselves that way.

My brother’s step grandson, who is 8 can barely tie his shoes.

That’s the point , kids don’t use those terms.

73 | January 16, 2013 3:35 pm

why are we taking policy recommendations from 8 year olds?

Because they are more mature and better-read than the man occupying the Oval Office.

74 | January 16, 2013 3:36 pm

Maybe we should elect an eight year old.

She apparently has a bette grasp of the Constitution than Obama does.

Ok, she’s in charge.The guy running things now seems confused.

75. 75 | January 16, 2013 3:36 pm

“Hey! Why didn’t you warn me that some of these infidels understand Arabic?”

“Oh, come on. We were just slightly misquoted out of context by those evil sons of apes and pigs our beloved fellow travelers of monorail religions.”

76 | January 16, 2013 3:36 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

Boy, it’s sure a good thing someone explained that! I heard that thousands of Jews were packing up to move back to Egypt.

77 | January 16, 2013 3:38 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    I don’t think they have the concept of irony in Islam…

that would help explain BO’s behavior

78. 78 | January 16, 2013 3:39 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

The sad part is that many Lebanese Christians are allying with the Muslim Brotherhood because they hate Hizballah. They are making a mistake.

79. 79 | January 16, 2013 3:41 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

Honestly, I pray for the day that we never have to hear about the middle east ever again.

80 | January 16, 2013 3:41 pm

A few laser dots dancing on palace walls sure would give the downtrodden folks of this earth a break

81. Moe Katz
    81 | January 16, 2013 3:42 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    I have responded to you on the back thread, but I will be at the gym now.

82. 82 | January 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Hell, I was planning a move to Cairo myself to embrace the ecstatic love of diversity that is breaking out all over the sands of Mohamedstan. //////////////

83 | January 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    I have responded to you on the back thread, but I will be at the gym now.

If that doesn’t work there are still the two bricks

84. 84 | January 16, 2013 3:45 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

Co-exist! Celebrate Diversity! Convert or die!

It’s hard to tell the Mohammedans from the Liberals…
    8O

85 | January 16, 2013 3:47 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

I have responded to you on the back thread, but I will be at the gym now.

And I have replied to you: you are a coward and a liar. For more detail, check the prior thread.

86. 86 | January 16, 2013 3:48 pm

@ Moe Katz:
    @ waldensianspirit:

Guys, let’s keep that on the last thread.

87 | January 16, 2013 3:50 pm

Guys, let’s keep that on the last thread.

Oh, I’m done—except to observe, once again, that posters who adopt highly stereotypical “Jewish”-sounding screen nics tend not only to not be Jews, but to be trolls.

88. 88 | January 16, 2013 3:50 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

When we get a Reformed Non Nation Building GOP, that day will come. But until the Wilsonian pro-Islamists who control of the GOP’s foreign policy, We will keep hearing about that part of the world.

89. 89 | January 16, 2013 3:50 pm

Muslims Demolish Church Building in Egypt AINA, January 16, 2013

(AINA) — Hundreds of Muslims came out of mosques today with hammers and destroyed a social services building belonging to the Coptic Church while chanting Islamic slogans. Security forces arrived after the building was completely razed. The 100 square meters social services building in the village of Fanous, Tamia district in Fayoum province, 130 KM south west of Cairo, had all the necessary government permits; it had a reception hall on the first floor and a kindergarten on the second.

Slogans? Slogans sound like cute little advertising lines like, ‘Wouldn’t you really rather have Buick?’, or ‘I am stuck on Bandaids, ’cause Bandaids stuck on me.’ Oh, wait.. Islamic slogans.. that’s different. Those go more like, ‘I can’t wait to dip my hands in infidel blood and shred their organs and body parts with my bare teeth.’

90. 90 | January 16, 2013 3:50 pm

Gotcha!

91. Moe Katz
    91 | January 16, 2013 3:51 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

Moe Katz wrote:
    @ buzzsawmonkey:
    I have responded to you on the back thread, but I will be at the gym now.

If that doesn’t work there are still the two bricks

Naw, you keep ‘em.
    And do you-know-what with ‘em.

92. Moe Katz
    92 | January 16, 2013 3:53 pm

Okay, now I really am outta here and off to the gym.

93 | January 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Gotcha!

I would also observe that Mr. Editor Man, after giving coldwarrior a big fat portion of undeserved grief over a trivial capitalization issue, seems remarkably incapable of producing a straightforward reply to a straightforward question.

94 | January 16, 2013 3:58 pm

The thread downstairs has been closed.

95. 95 | January 16, 2013 3:58 pm

VIDEOS: Muslim gang attacks in Europe.

This is only a TINY example of daily volume of similar Muslim attacks all across Europe. Let’s not forget that over 7,000 Germans have been killed by Muslim migrants in the past decade. Hopefully we will one day see the real figures from other countries.

96 | January 16, 2013 4:01 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

VIDEOS: Muslim gang attacks in Europe.

Mo some how managed to avoided the Ten Commandments while writing his replacement scriptures.

97. eaglesoars
    97 | January 16, 2013 4:03 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

over 7,000 Germans have been killed by Muslim migrants in the past decade

whoa!

98. Mars
    98 | January 16, 2013 4:04 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

Urban Infidel wrote:
    VIDEOS: Muslim gang attacks in Europe.

He knew that since he was going to be converting bandits, that several of the commandments just wouldn’t fly.

99. 99 | January 16, 2013 4:09 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Urban Infidel wrote:
    over 7,000 Germans have been killed by Muslim migrants in the past decade
    whoa!

A Massachusetts man is savagely beaten outside pizza shop in Greenwich Village

A Brooklyn man has been charged with attempted murder in the beating of 24-year-old Kevin McCarron, who was stomped and pummeled with a tire iron, baseball bat and blackjack by a gang on MacDougal St. early Sunday, police and witnesses said.

One of the perps arrested is Hatem Farsakh is a Paleostinian immigrant.

100. 100 | January 16, 2013 4:11 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

I wrote about this this morning. Let’s ban tire irons!

101 | January 16, 2013 4:12 pm

Let’s ban tire irons!

At least the assault kind…

102 | January 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Speranza wrote:
    We ought to learn from Manchin when we run candidates in Blue states.

Correct. We tar people who are Republicans in deep blue states as “RINO’s”.

103 | January 16, 2013 4:14 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Let’s ban tire irons!
    At least the assault kind…

especially the scary looking 4 way chrome versions.

104 | January 16, 2013 4:15 pm

especially the scary looking 4 way chrome versions.

105 | January 16, 2013 4:15 pm

especially the scary looking 4 way chrome versions.

Those are, like, Ninja throwing-style tire irons…

106. Mars
    106 | January 16, 2013 4:16 pm

The really dangerous ones are the 4 way collapsible kind, you can conceal them and no one would know.

107 | January 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Require a tire iron clip of no less than 30

108 | January 16, 2013 4:17 pm

This pressing issue of gun control just screams for a Beer Summit
    with Obama and concerned 8 year olds!

109 | January 16, 2013 4:17 pm

@ Mars:

clearly a threat to the safety of this republic!

110 | January 16, 2013 4:18 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

Require a tire iron clip of no less than 30

from my cold dead fingers!

111. 111 | January 16, 2013 4:18 pm

@ Speranza:

They play to win. Here’s an issue that the GOP demands purity on and even 1/2 it’s voters disagree.

112 | January 16, 2013 4:18 pm

Great statement by Texas Governor Rick Perry.

Gov. Rick Perry released the following statement regarding President Obama’s executive actions:

“The Vice President’s committee was appointed in response to the tragedy at Newtown, but very few of his recommendations have anything to do with what happened there.

“Guns require a finger to pull the trigger. The sad young man who did that in Newtown was clearly haunted by demons and no gun law could have saved the children in Sandy Hook Elementary from his terror.

“There is evil prowling in the world -- it shows up in our movies, video games and online fascinations, and finds its way into vulnerable hearts and minds. As a free people, let us choose what kind of people we will be. Laws, the only redoubt of secularism, will not suffice. Let us all return to our places of worship and pray for help. Above all, let us pray for our children.

“In fact, the piling on by the political left, and their cohorts in the media, to use the massacre of little children to advance a pre-existing political agenda that would not have saved those children, disgusts me, personally. The second amendment to the Constitution is a basic right of free people and cannot be nor will it be abridged by the executive power of this or any other president.”

113 | January 16, 2013 4:18 pm

This pressing issue of gun control just screams for a Beer Summit
    with Obama and concerned 8 year olds!

i think i might have my own beer summit tonight.

114 | January 16, 2013 4:18 pm

I wonder if the beating happened in a no-tire-iron zone? I wouldn’t be surprised if Bloomberg was planning those.

115. 115 | January 16, 2013 4:19 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Yes ban assault Tire Irons!

116. 116 | January 16, 2013 4:19 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Those are, like, Ninja throwing-style tire irons…

I want a tire iron with frikkin’ lazer beams.

117. 117 | January 16, 2013 4:20 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Has he had a press conference condemning this assault?

118. unclassifiable
    118 | January 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Could a state get in such dire financial situation that they would have to carry out their executions by tire iron?

119 | January 16, 2013 4:21 pm

then they’ll go for the , rendering you immobile

120 | January 16, 2013 4:22 pm

@ heysoos:
    then the’ll go for the lugnuts that is…
    not funny when you gotta redo it

121 | January 16, 2013 4:22 pm

its not the tire irons! its the lug-nuts!!!!

122 | January 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Most people have no idea what the Roe v. Wade decision does or says. It’s become a magic touchstone for “legal abortion”—but if Roe were overturned tomorrow that would not end abortion, it would merely take it out of the “constitutional right” category. It could, and would, still be legal.

The problem is that the right has ceded the terms of discussion on this to the left, and permitted the left to make the decision appear to be the only thing that enables abortion to be legal. Republicans, no less than Democrats, are ignorant low-info voters on this issue.

123 | January 16, 2013 4:22 pm

This pressing issue of gun control just screams for a Beer Summit
    with Obama and concerned 8 year olds!

i think i might have my own beer summit tonight.

I am planning one. It is a patriotic duty!

124. unclassifiable
    124 | January 16, 2013 4:22 pm

@ heysoos:

What? Take away their cell phone? How cruel!

125 | January 16, 2013 4:23 pm

i think i might have my own beer summit tonight.

I am planning one. It is a patriotic duty!

agreed!

the motion carries!

126 | January 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Has he had a press conference condemning this assault?

Not as far as I know—but Bloomberg’s voice, like Obama’s, is one I take pains to avoid listening to.

127 | January 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Nobody needs more than eight tire irons in their trunk.
    Hunters? How many tire irons does it take to beat a deer to death?

128 | January 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Drink!

129 | January 16, 2013 4:25 pm

130. unclassifiable
    130 | January 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Oh man is there are going to be some sketchy blogging tonight!

131 | January 16, 2013 4:26 pm

disarm law abiding citizens, but arm the terrorist MB?…got it

I guess liberals don’t understand irony

132. 132 | January 16, 2013 4:27 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

It was really a bad decision and it ruined our politics the last 40 years. Most people don’t know that even before Roe vs. Wade, Abortion was legal in 40 states.

133 | January 16, 2013 4:29 pm

@ heysoos:
    Crazed lunacy isn’t it

134 | January 16, 2013 4:30 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

Oh man is there are going to be some sketchy blogging tonight!

Wait, isn’t beer an energy drink?

135 | January 16, 2013 4:31 pm

Just wait until the First DA/DT Justice imposes same-sex marriage as a “constitutional right” this Spring.

136 | January 16, 2013 4:31 pm

Drink!

indeed. that would be the first order of business
    motion carries!

137. unclassifiable
    137 | January 16, 2013 4:32 pm

Since this country is all out of guns now thanks to the triple diamond with platinum cluster salesmanship of Barack Obama, the tire iron aisle maybe the only one doing any sales at the NRTIA convention in Houston in May.

138 | January 16, 2013 4:32 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

Oh man is there are going to be some sketchy blogging tonight!

for the good of this fair republic!

yes, i know it is a sacrifice, i will endure.

139 | January 16, 2013 4:33 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

just wait till they go after air wrenches.

140. 140 | January 16, 2013 4:36 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

Pres. Morsi: “Oops! We love Jews. It was all taken out of context.”

Somebody tell Morsi to contextualize this…

…………………./´¯/)
    ………………..,/¯../
    ………………./…./
    …………./´¯/’…’/´¯¯`·¸
    ………./’/…/…./……./¨¯\
    ……..(‘(…´…´…. ¯~/’…’)
    ………\……………..’…../
    ……….”…\………. _.·´
    …………\…………..(
    …………..\………….\…

141. unclassifiable
    141 | January 16, 2013 4:36 pm

First they came for the tire irons…

142 | January 16, 2013 4:37 pm

ammo shortage for LEO?

from the comments…

“The cops would have plenty of ammo if only they would stop shooting people’s dogs”

143. 143 | January 16, 2013 4:37 pm

This pressing issue of gun control just screams for a Beer Summit
    with Obama and concerned 8 year olds!

i think i might have my own beer summit tonight.

And me broke and out of beer… you bastage… :razz:

144. unclassifiable
    144 | January 16, 2013 4:38 pm

I know you are trying to convey something. It looks like Morse Code.

Give me a bit. I’ll figure it out.

145. 145 | January 16, 2013 4:40 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

I know you are trying to convey something. It looks like Morse Code.
    Give me a bit. I’ll figure it out.

Ummm, no, it’s Morsi code…. :twisted:

146 | January 16, 2013 4:41 pm

doriangrey wrote:

This pressing issue of gun control just screams for a Beer Summit
    with Obama and concerned 8 year olds!
    i think i might have my own beer summit tonight.

And me broke and out of beer… you bastage…

jeeze, you should see my back cellar. i have never had this much booze on hand before. there must be a total of 4 cases of various beers and ales, 30 bottles of wine, too much damned vodka, gin, and rum.every pay for the past 6 months we have been buying a little extra, now we are ready to open a bar!

147 | January 16, 2013 4:41 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Ummm, no, it’s Morsi code…. :twisted:

148. 148 | January 16, 2013 4:42 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    This pressing issue of gun control just screams for a Beer Summit
    with Obama and concerned 8 year olds!
    i think i might have my own beer summit tonight.
    And me broke and out of beer… you bastage…

jeeze, you should see my back cellar. i have never had this much on hand before. there must be a total of 4 cases of various beers and ales, 30 bottles of wine, too much damned vodka, gin, and rum.every pay for the past 6 months we have been buying a little extra, now we are ready to open a bar!

I should have charged you a case for Puti’s birthday song… :twisted:

149 | January 16, 2013 4:42 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

First they came for the tire irons…

that is how it always starts.

150. 150 | January 16, 2013 4:42 pm

And me broke and out of beer… you bastage…

Hey start growing that hemp to make rope! :wink:

151. 151 | January 16, 2013 4:43 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Ummm, no, it’s Morsi code…. :twisted:

LOL!

152 | January 16, 2013 4:43 pm

doriangrey wrote:

I should have charged you a case for Puti’s birthday song… :twisted:

ha!

will sing for booze!

153. unclassifiable
    153 | January 16, 2013 4:44 pm

doriangrey wrote:

unclassifiable wrote:
    I know you are trying to convey something. It looks like Morse Code.
    Give me a bit. I’ll figure it out.
    Ummm, no, it’s Morsi code….

Oh I see. You read it right to left. It’s a big “You’re #1 Morsi” gesture. How worldly and erudite of you.

154. 154 | January 16, 2013 4:44 pm

unclassifiable wrote:
    First they came for the tire irons…

that is how it always starts.

Next, the glue guns..

155. 155 | January 16, 2013 4:45 pm

I know what your solution to Morsi is!

156. 156 | January 16, 2013 4:46 pm

I know what your solution to Morsi is!

A true one size fits all solution… :wink:

157. 157 | January 16, 2013 4:47 pm

Try this on for size. A must-have for spring.

158 | January 16, 2013 4:47 pm

Drink!

indeed. that would be the first order of business
    motion carries!

Let us proceed.

159 | January 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Whole Foods CEO Calls ObamaCare Fascism, Not Socialism

January 16, 2013

Via Sy Mukherjee, Whole Foods CEO drops a political theory bomb on the NPR audience, debunking the myth that the Affordable Care Act is a form of socialism and instead noting that it’s fascism:

Technically speaking, it’s more like fascism. Socialism is where the government owns the means of production. In fascism, the government doesn’t own the means of production, but they do control it, and that’s what’s happening with our healthcare programs and these reforms.

160 | January 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Drink!
    indeed. that would be the first order of business
    motion carries!

Let us proceed.

harumph!

161. unclassifiable
    161 | January 16, 2013 4:51 pm

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

The hipsters can’t can’t can’t boycott Whole Foods can they?

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

162. 162 | January 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Whole Foods CEO Calls ObamaCare Fascism, Not Socialism

Didn’t that same guy take a lot of hooey from the Progs when he talked about Obama or Obamacare being socialist a while back?

163. 163 | January 16, 2013 4:51 pm

hemp has many uses!

:wink:

164. 164 | January 16, 2013 4:52 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

Yes, they gave him grief but the Hipsters still shop at his stores.

165. 165 | January 16, 2013 4:53 pm

hemp has many uses!

Indeed it does… :grin:

166 | January 16, 2013 4:54 pm

You know , the patriotic beer summit may call for a patriotic pizza.

167. unclassifiable
    167 | January 16, 2013 4:54 pm

Hey hipsters.

I’m not laughing with you. I’m laughing at you.

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

168. 168 | January 16, 2013 4:55 pm

@ Urban Infidel:
    Yes, they gave him grief but the Hipsters still shop at his stores.

I’ve never been to Whole Foods. Maybe I should check them out.

169 | January 16, 2013 4:57 pm

really burns my ass about those kids with BO…the more I think about it the more pissed off I get…intentional indoctrination
    I hate these people

170 | January 16, 2013 4:57 pm

You know , the patriotic beer summit may call for a patriotic pizza.

the chicken wing lobby demands a seat at the table

171. 171 | January 16, 2013 4:58 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

I go to them. They really have good products.

172. 172 | January 16, 2013 4:58 pm

@ unclassifiable:

Y3s, he’s making money of the Hipsters.

173. 173 | January 16, 2013 4:59 pm

@ Urban Infidel:
    I go to them. They really have good products.

I think they are building a gigantic Whole Foods here in Williamsburg the size of an airplane hangar.

174. 174 | January 16, 2013 4:59 pm

We laugh at them, but Hipsters are the most dangerous movement in global history. They are Totalitarian and view themselves as elites. Hitler was a Hipster in his youth. They are dangerous people.

175. eaglesoars
    175 | January 16, 2013 4:59 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

I’ve never been to Whole Foods. Maybe I should check them out.

$$$$

176. 176 | January 16, 2013 5:00 pm

the chicken wing lobby demands a seat at the table

Call me for the lobster roll summit.

177. 177 | January 16, 2013 5:00 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

I’m shocked they haven’t already. That’s the Hipster capital of the world.

178. 178 | January 16, 2013 5:01 pm

They are completely totalitarian. The most insufferable little shits to ever cross the East River.

179 | January 16, 2013 5:01 pm

You know , the patriotic beer summit may call for a patriotic pizza.

the chicken wing lobby demands a seat at the table

I think that both should be autorized.

180. 180 | January 16, 2013 5:02 pm

@ Urban Infidel:
    I’m shocked they haven’t already. That’s the Hipster capital of the world.

It’s coming. The massive construction around here stopped for a little while during the last 3 years, but it’s started back up again.

181. 181 | January 16, 2013 5:03 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

They have been around for at least 300 years. The French Jacobins were came out of the French Hipster movement of the late 1700′s Karl Marx was a Hipster. Castro and Che Guevara were Hipsters. Obama is a Hipster. They are dangerous people.

182 | January 16, 2013 5:05 pm

an engineering triumph

183. 183 | January 16, 2013 5:07 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

Gaze upon the modern hipster. Those sunglasses are so big, he’s about to tip over….

184. unclassifiable
    184 | January 16, 2013 5:07 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

I saw in one of those Discovery Channel shows that someone had developed a non-lethal weapon that essentially was shooting a giant bag of glue. I don’t know if it ever made it to production but the demo was funny. It was like the “perp” got hit with dinosaur snot.

185. 185 | January 16, 2013 5:08 pm

New Thread.

186 | January 16, 2013 5:09 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

yep. hipster.

187. 187 | January 16, 2013 5:10 pm

yep. hipster.

These are the pipe cleaner-bodied, organic food-eating fascists taking our guns.

188. 188 | January 16, 2013 5:10 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

We are laughing at him, but that guy could be the next Obama or even worse. They are dangerous people.

189. 189 | January 16, 2013 5:11 pm

This is Obama’s base.

190. 190 | January 16, 2013 5:12 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

They will poison your soul. I know. I live in the hipster vortex.

191 | January 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

yep. hipster.

they are a very rare sighting out here. we do have them tho.

192. 192 | January 16, 2013 5:13 pm

I can tell you one guy who was never a Hipster. Il Duce!

193. 193 | January 16, 2013 5:13 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

They control the country right now.

194. 194 | January 16, 2013 5:13 pm

they are a very rare sighting out here. we do have them tho.

Lucky for you there are so few. Here, they are like roaches.

195. 195 | January 16, 2013 5:14 pm

I can tell you one guy who was never a Hipster. Il Duce!

didn’t he collaborate with Hitler?

196. 196 | January 16, 2013 5:15 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

Yes but he did not like Hitler at first. He teamed up with Hitler because he thought Germany would win. But if you read about Il Duce he was very anti-Hipster.

197. AZfederalist
    197 | January 16, 2013 5:23 pm

doriangrey wrote:

unclassifiable wrote:

I know you are trying to convey something. It looks like Morse Code.
    Give me a bit. I’ll figure it out.

Ummm, no, it’s Morsi code….

You really need to stop holding your feeling in. That’s not good for a person’s blood pressure. ;-)

198. Tanker
    198 | January 16, 2013 5:29 pm

heysoos wrote:

I hate these people

One of the problems with this stunt is that they (the kids) are set up for ridicule from their peers if they are not like minded. The parents are the real tools for allowing and participating in the whole mess. Good thing none are neighbors of mine!

199 | January 16, 2013 5:38 pm

@ Tanker:

Hey, Tanker! Another gun-control ballad here.

200. Tanker
    200 | January 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Thanks, posted comment!

201 | January 16, 2013 6:15 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

The hipsters can’t can’t can’t boycott Whole Foods can they?

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Oh, yes they can. When I lived in downtown Shallow Alto, Whole Foods was the only grocery within walking distance. There were often NorCal Hipster Libs picketing, because:

The owner of Whole Foods was a Texan who was somehow in their minds associated with the Military-Industrial complex because of the corporate boards he sat on.

Whole Foods refused to submit to PETA/Vegan demands to stop selling meat, poultry and fish (they had a great fish section). The even put up a notice on their bulletin board, saying, “We’re Whole Foods, not Holy Foods”.

UFCW picketed them because they are a non union shop.

202 | January 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Heil Hipster!

203. unclassifiable
    203 | January 16, 2013 6:22 pm

@ The Osprey:

So were any of those hipsters freegans (i.e. dumpster divers)?

I mean what other establishment besides Whole Foods would give them enough hipster cred?

204. 204 | January 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Are there ANY PAC’s out there that have the right focus, and the stones to fight the leftists effectively?