Open Thread and NFL Conference Championships 2012

by coldwarrior ( 291 Comments › )
Filed under Uncategorized at January 20th, 2013 - 3:00 pm

Open Thread and NFL Conference Championships 2012. Do note, it says OPEN THREAD. This one just happens to have a couple of football games in the background. So, anything goes, not just football, m’kay?

(like we are ever on topic… :lol: )

Game 1:

San Fransisco 49ers versus the Atlanta Falcons. Vegas is giving Atlanta 4 points at home. That really means 7 because home field gets ya 3 out of the blocks.

Baltimore Ravens Ray Lewis’s versus the New England Patriots. Vegas is giving Baltimore 9 on the road. 9 is a lot for a conference championship. Frankly if both of these teams could lose, I would be happy. However I dislike the Ravens because they are a fierce rival, I dislike the Pats because they cheated and are led by a whining Prima donna at qb who the league protects at a all costs, even throwing games for the Pats ( see tuck rule, aka Brady rule ). Most of the time the league creates rules like the Blount Rule or the Hines Ward rule to disallow players from playing too rough and hard, the Brady rule is to protect the Prima donna so his hair doesn’t get mussed. So, since I respect the Ravens and want to see Ray Lewis get a Lombardi trophy in his last year, I will root for the Ravens as will all of the Steeler Nation. C’mon, admit it, if Ray played on your team you would LOVE him!

And it’s an open thread.

Comments

291 Responses to “Open Thread and NFL Conference Championships 2012”

1 | January 20, 2013 3:02 pm

woo hoo!…better than sex!

2 | January 20, 2013 3:04 pm

heysoos wrote:

woo hoo!…better than sex!

welllll……

3 | January 20, 2013 3:11 pm

I’m gonna root for the old Cowboys nemesis, the Niners…any fan has to love this kid Kaepernick

4 | January 20, 2013 3:13 pm

heysoos wrote:

he’s a good one. i didnt think he would have gone so far so early.

5. brookly red
    5 | January 20, 2013 3:13 pm

heysoos wrote:

woo hoo!…better than sex!

uhhh, no.

6 | January 20, 2013 3:17 pm

heysoos wrote:

he’s a good one. i didnt think he would have gone so far so early.

I like the young guys, always have…let em play

7. Moe Katz
    8 | January 20, 2013 3:20 pm

can anyone cover Julio Jones?

9. brookly red
    9 | January 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

GPS Error Makes Woman Drive 1500 Km for 60 Hours

no it didn’t MAKE her do anything… she was dumber than shit and maybe by her third fill up she might have noticed that the signs we in Italian… I don’t know what they call people like that in Belgium but I think the English translation is liberal

10. Moe Katz
    10 | January 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Moe Katz wrote:
    GPS Error Makes Woman Drive 1500 Km for 60 Hours

Something hokey about the story, really. Didn’t she have to stop for gas? Also, 1500 Km in 60 hr works out to about 10 mph.

11 | January 20, 2013 3:37 pm

I would have said stupid

12. brookly red
    12 | January 20, 2013 3:38 pm

I would have said stupid

same difference

13 | January 20, 2013 3:43 pm

Atl is toying with SF…
    Ryan and Jones are smoking hot

14. eaglesoars
    14 | January 20, 2013 3:46 pm

heysoos wrote:

woo hoo!…better than sex!

sorry to hear that…………

15 | January 20, 2013 3:48 pm

More Surrogates Pushing Obama Second Amendment Attack Mantra. Former MI Gov. Jennifer Granholm: You Don’t Need A Gun, You Have President Obama, “Protector-in-Chief”

Today on ABC’s This Week, after Rick Santorum explained that Americans are protective of their right to buy guns because they “want to feel safe,” former Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm offered a reassuring sentiment: Americans needn’t worry about protecting themselves, because they have President Obama, and “he sees himself as protector-in-chief.”

Granholm explained that she sees Obama as also applying this philosophy of president-as-palladium to foreign policy — perhaps a more sensible concept.

16 | January 20, 2013 3:48 pm

Atl is toying with SF…
    Ryan and Jones are smoking hot

looks like the vegas money is wrong.

17 | January 20, 2013 3:49 pm

the cult of personality is amazing. everyone tripping over themselves to get the attention of the dear racial hire.

18 | January 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Time’s Joe Klein: NRA a “Bunch of Crazies”…

JOE KLEIN: I think that the NRA still has a stranglehold on a lot of Democrats as well as, as well as Republicans. So it’s going to be hard. But the President can use the extremism of the NRA – who are acting like a bunch of crazies these days – to help sell the rest of his agenda.

That explains why we’ve added 250,000 new members in the past month…

19. eaglesoars
    19 | January 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Tell it to the families of 20 dead kids.

20 | January 20, 2013 3:50 pm

I saw Granholm say that this morning.As usual she was agressive, finger waging
    and inane.
    Can we deort her back to Canada?

21. John Difool
    22 | January 20, 2013 3:52 pm

Liberalism truly is a mental disease:

Democratic Speechwriter: “Please Take Away My Second Amendment Right” Because Government Needs To Protect Me From Myself

The other day, the president and the vice president announced their plans to curb gun violence in the wake of the shooting in Newtown, Conn. I agree with all of their measures. But I believe they should be bolder and stop walking on eggshells about what to do with people like me and those not even close to being like me but still labeled with the crazy term “mentally ill.” The executive actions the president signed to increase access and treatment are all good, although the experts will struggle with confidentiality and privacy issues.

But since most people like me are more likely to harm ourselves than to turn into mass-murdering monsters, our leaders should do more to keep us safe from ourselves.

Please take away my Second Amendment right. Do more to help us protect ourselves because what’s most likely to wake me in the early hours isn’t a man’s body slamming at my door but depression, that raven, tapping, rapping, banging for relief.

I have a better chance of surviving if I never have the option of being able to pull the trigger.

23. 23 | January 20, 2013 3:53 pm

This game is looking like a blow out.

24 | January 20, 2013 3:54 pm

a perfect metrosexualized male right there. a coward with nice hair.

25 | January 20, 2013 3:54 pm

a perfect metrosexualized male right there. a coward with nice hair.

That was written by a woman

26 | January 20, 2013 3:55 pm

a perfect metrosexualized male right there. a coward with nice hair.

That was written by a woman

egad! even worse!

where are the feminists????

27 | January 20, 2013 3:56 pm

This game is looking like a blow out.

maybe if kaepernick spent some more time in the film room and less time in the tattoo parlor?

28. eaglesoars
    28 | January 20, 2013 4:00 pm

John Difool wrote:

Ahem: https://twitter.com/Stranahan/status/293096646517084163

what?

29 | January 20, 2013 4:01 pm

The Niners need to settle down. A lot of game left.

30. brookly red
    30 | January 20, 2013 4:01 pm

the rest of us have a better chance of surviving if you never have the option of pulling the voting lever.

31 | January 20, 2013 4:01 pm

John Difool wrote:

Ahem: https://twitter.com/Stranahan/status/293096646517084163

what?

twitter?…
    hahaha!

32. brookly red
    32 | January 20, 2013 4:03 pm

that poor bastard in Benghazi might think differently…

33. eaglesoars
    33 | January 20, 2013 4:04 pm

I saw Granholm say that this morning.As usual she was agressive, finger waging
    and inane.
    Can we deort her back to Canada?

Her brother used to post at the swamp. Said she isn’t as liberal as she appears, it’s just that thesenators, etc., in the state were really liberal and she had to work with them.

Oh. Ok.

34 | January 20, 2013 4:05 pm

Pretty sick stuff here.

West Point Think Tank Cites Danger Of “Far Right”

…A West Point think tank has issued a paper warning America about “far right” groups such as the “anti-federalist” movement, which supports “civil activism, individual freedoms and self-government.”

ht -- WZ

35. brookly red
    35 | January 20, 2013 4:07 pm

an other one goes down… http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/DA3TIT881 paragraph 12 of 14 mentions shes a dem…

(AP) Michigan Supreme Court justice charged with fraud
    By ED WHITE
    Associated Press
    DETROIT
    Federal prosecutors have filed a fraud charge against Michigan Supreme Court Justice Diane Hathaway, just a few days before she leaves the state’s highest court in a scandal involving the sale of a Detroit-area home and suspicious steps taken to conceal property in Florida.

36 | January 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Pretty sick stuff here.
    West Point Think Tank Cites Danger Of “Far Right”

ht — WZ

our professional ‘political officer corps’ in action!

just like in the soviet union, comrade!

37 | January 20, 2013 4:08 pm

I saw Granholm say that this morning.As usual she was agressive, finger waging
    and inane.
    Can we deort her back to Canada?

Oh. Ok.

Yeah, she sees pretty liberal to me.
    Do you recall what nic her brother posted under?

38. Alberta Oil Peon
    38 | January 20, 2013 4:11 pm

If she’s that fucked up, she should just go ahead and do it, making sure to leave a nice note for her family saying, “it was just my depression, not your fault.”

Guess I have to turn in my “sensitive New Age Guy” card, now, eh?

39. eaglesoars
    39 | January 20, 2013 4:12 pm

Do you recall what nic her brother posted under?

Yep. Wait for it….Bob Granholm

hno kidding

40 | January 20, 2013 4:13 pm

@ brookly red:

our local rag never mentions political party, unless its a republican. they get called out on it all of the time. the funny thing is that now the commenters on the website have basically taken over. what is a democrat whore newspaper now has been over run!

41. eaglesoars
    41 | January 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

Guess I have to turn in my “sensitive New Age Guy” card, now, eh?

It’s one of the more manipulative sociopathic screeds I’ve come across in awhile.

Almost all female suicides are committed with pills.

If this bitch were on a ledge, I’d be in the street yelling for her to jump.

I never had a ‘new age’ anything so……………..

42. eaglesoars
    42 | January 20, 2013 4:16 pm

our local rag

The Trib?

43. Mars
    43 | January 20, 2013 4:16 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

Guess I have to turn in my “sensitive New Age Guy” card, now, eh?

You know it’s hilarious. I suffer from clinical depression and I don’t consider myself a threat. Of course I actually took my meds up till I was able to go as needed, attend my sessions with my psych (now down to twice a year), and monitor myself. I have also prescribed myself a big dose of man the fuck up and get over it.

Plus I think a lot of people with stress disorders would actually benefit from shooting the shit out of some targets once in a while.

44. brookly red
    44 | January 20, 2013 4:19 pm

@ brookly red:

same thing with violent crime, the paper never mentions race… the newsreaders are smart enough to fill in the blanks.

45 | January 20, 2013 4:19 pm

our local rag
    The Trib?

the trib is right wing.

the pg doesnt allow comments, they are the lefties.

the BC times is the rag, the last liberals left in the valley, all the j-school flunkies. its pathetic to watch really.

46 | January 20, 2013 4:20 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Do you recall what nic her brother posted under?

Yep. Wait for it….Bob Granholm

hno kidding

That’s funny. He wasn’t holding back anything, huh?

47 | January 20, 2013 4:20 pm

brookly red wrote:

see, they think we cant figure it our by name.

:roll:

48 | January 20, 2013 4:21 pm

CK takes over and gets it done again…you get the feeling this kid could really go off at any time

49. eaglesoars
    49 | January 20, 2013 4:22 pm

I suffer from clinical depression

I’ve been clinically depressed twice. It was recognized after the fact (yes, I knew something was wrong) by a therapist, and I was taught the triggers and the warning signs (acute anxiety). I learned how to deal with anxiety and haven’t had a problem since.

Depression is indeed, as Churchill said a ‘black dog’

50. brookly red
    50 | January 20, 2013 4:22 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Almost all female suicides are committed with pills.

interesting observation… perhaps we should ban high capacity pill bottels

51 | January 20, 2013 4:23 pm

that’s more like i expected to see

52. eaglesoars
    52 | January 20, 2013 4:23 pm

the trib is right wing.

that’s why I asked. It’s the only pgh paper I’m aware of these days. When I was there, it was all Pittsburgh Press (which I think was Scripps-Howard)

53. Mars
    53 | January 20, 2013 4:24 pm

I suffer from clinical depression
    Depression is indeed, as Churchill said a ‘black dog’

I was never taught the triggers, but have learned them over time. As for anxiety I have that almost every minute of every day, the only difference is now it is at a workable level, no more panic attacks (except in certain social situations).

54. eaglesoars
    54 | January 20, 2013 4:24 pm

brookly red wrote:

perhaps we should ban high capacity pill bottels

In her case, I think we should permit unlimited ammo.

55. brookly red
    55 | January 20, 2013 4:25 pm

see, they think we cant figure it our by name.

Yuseff Wallace is a popular Korean name too after all…

56. Alberta Oil Peon
    56 | January 20, 2013 4:25 pm

@ Mars:
    I wasn’t trying to make light of clinical depression, but I think you know that. That woman is just a drama queen. Of course, she’s a Dumocrat, so it goes with the territory.

Winston Churchill struggled with the “black dog” of depression for most of his life, but he turned out OK. Sounds like you have a good handle on things, too.

57 | January 20, 2013 4:26 pm

that’s more like i expected to see

I really enjoy watching him…he’s very smart, and is doing a good job running this offense…he’s only optioned once for 23 yrds…if he gets that going c’ya….he went for 181 last week…this kid is a serious threat

58. brookly red
    58 | January 20, 2013 4:26 pm

funny thing when I get depressed I don’t think about harming my self… the person that made me depressed? well sometimes :)

59. eaglesoars
    59 | January 20, 2013 4:27 pm

Mars wrote:

the only difference is now it is at a workable level, no more panic attacks

excellent!

60 | January 20, 2013 4:28 pm

the trib is right wing.

On May 17, 1992, a strike by workers for the Press shut down publication of the Press; the joint operating agreement meant that the Post-Gazette also ceased to publish. During the strike, the Scripps Howard company sold the Press to the Block family, owners of the Post-Gazette. The Blocks did not resume printing the Press, and when the labor issue was resolved and publishing resumed, the Post-Gazette became the city’s major paper, under the full masthead name Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Sun-Telegraph/The Pittsburgh Press.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, also known as “the Trib,” is the second largest daily newspaper serving metropolitan Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in the United States. Founded in 1889 as the Greensburg Tribune-Review,[2] the paper circulated only in suburban Westmoreland County until 1992 when it began serving all of the Pittsburgh area after a strike at the two Pittsburgh dailies, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Pittsburgh Press, deprived the city of a newspaper for several months.

The Tribune-Review Publishing Company is owned by Richard Mellon Scaife, an heir to the Mellon banking, oil, and aluminum fortune. Scaife is a major funder of conservative organizations, including the Arkansas Project; accordingly, the Tribune-Review has long maintained a staunchly conservative editorial stance. The company publishes seven daily papers, one afternoon paper, 10 weekly papers, the Pittsburgh Pennysaver, five magazines, and a plethora of Websites.

The Trib has a conservative editorial page, contrasting with its competitor, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, which has more of a liberal viewpoint.

61 | January 20, 2013 4:29 pm

@ brookly red:

I’ve had a toothache for the past week, and the pain seems to manifest itself in anger.

62. brookly red
    62 | January 20, 2013 4:30 pm

I suffer from clinical depression
    Depression is indeed, as Churchill said a ‘black dog’

the Carnegie method is pretty good, start with “what is the worst thing that could happen”? and work up from there.

63 | January 20, 2013 4:30 pm

brookly red wrote:

see, they think we cant figure it our by name.

Yuseff Wallace is a popular Korean name too after all…

laaaaacist!

64 | January 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

elevated blood pressure…calm down

65. brookly red
    65 | January 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ brookly red:

My dentist says, always keep pain killers on hand

66. eaglesoars
    66 | January 20, 2013 4:33 pm

funny thing when I get depressed I don’t think about harming my self

That’s just normal depression -- ‘life at the moment sucks’ kind of thing.

Not the ‘I’m covering all the mirrors with towels because I know if I look in them I won’t see my reflection so I don’t want to be able to look in them” depression.

67. Mars
    67 | January 20, 2013 4:35 pm

Very true.

68. eaglesoars
    68 | January 20, 2013 4:35 pm

The Tribune-Review Publishing Company is owned by Richard Mellon Scaife

No kidding!! Yeah, he’s conservative -- he’s also crazier than a rabid mink.

69. brookly red
    69 | January 20, 2013 4:35 pm

funny thing when I get depressed I don’t think about harming my self

That’s just normal depression — ‘life at the moment sucks’ kind of thing.

that is really bad stuff and needs really good treatment.

70. 70 | January 20, 2013 4:35 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Depression is indeed, as Churchill said a ‘black dog’

It’s awful, it’s a terrible hole that’s hard to describe to someone who hasn’t been there and often hard for others to appreciate. I was on Lexapro for some time but just didn’t like the idea of “antidepressants” and weened myself off. I still have bouts, but I manage.

71 | January 20, 2013 4:36 pm

our professional ‘political officer corps’ in action!

just like in the soviet union, comrade!

The author of that “study” isn’t military. He’s a civilian employee:

Arie Perliger is the Director of Terrorism Studies at the Combating Terrorism Center and Assistant Professor at the Department of Social Sciences, US Military Academy at West Point. After completing his PhD in Political Science at the University of Haifa Israel (2007), where he was also a fellow at the National Security Studies Center (NSSC), Dr. Perliger became affiliated with the Department of Political Science at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem as a Golda Meir Post-Doctoral Fellow (2007-2008). On August 2008 Dr. Perliger joined the Department of Political Science at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, where he was a Schusterman Visiting Assistant Professor until the summer of 2010.

72. brookly red
    72 | January 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Very true.

best to have a sense of humor

73. Mars
    73 | January 20, 2013 4:38 pm

@ MacDuff:
    Heh, due to an error by the VA I was put back on my regimen full time during my week in the hospital. Holy crap the pure numbness is killer when you’re not used to it anymore. Since I’m not in a relationship right now the other side effects weren’t an issue, (well and being restricted to a bed most of the time) but it wasn’t fun.

74. Mars
    74 | January 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Very true.

best to have a sense of humor

I find that constant sarcasm takes the edge off. Unfortunately it results in a lot of blank stares from my kids.

75 | January 20, 2013 4:39 pm

MacDuff wrote:

eaglesoars wrote:
    Depression is indeed, as Churchill said a ‘black dog’

my wife suffered from anxiety, depression and is bi-polar..until you experience these things or are very near it, you have no clue how desperate things get…there is no silver bullet or cavalier cure…it gets complicated for everybody, simply because it’s difficult to diagnose and treat…it’s a curse I’d not wish on my worst enemy

76 | January 20, 2013 4:40 pm

Self-Righteous Hollywood Moonbat Leonardo DiCaprio Taking Break From Acting To Save The Environment By “Flying Around The World”…

Django Unchained and Titanic star Leonardo DiCaprio says he is planning to take a significant break from filming and concentrate on his environmental campaigning.

In an interview with Germany’s mass circulation daily Bild, the 38-year-old American actor said: “I am a bit drained. I’m now going to take a long, long break. I’ve done three films in two years and I’m just worn out.”

“I would like to improve the world a bit. I will fly around the world doing good for the environment,” added DiCaprio, in comments published in German.

DiCaprio is currently starring in Quentin Tarantino’s blood-soaked spaghetti Western tribute Django Unchained, which picked up two Golden Globes on Sunday.

77. eaglesoars
    77 | January 20, 2013 4:40 pm

brookly red wrote:

that is really bad stuff and needs really good treatment.

I worked my way out of it -- took several months -- therapy came years later for a completely different issue (divorce)

Believe it or not, exercise -- even just a nice long walk -- helped enormously.

78. brookly red
    78 | January 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Very true.

best to have a sense of humor

kids don’t understand sarcasm too good…

79 | January 20, 2013 4:42 pm

brookly red wrote:
    that is really bad stuff and needs really good treatment.
    I worked my way out of it — took several months — therapy came years later for a completely different issue (divorce)
    Believe it or not, exercise — even just a nice long walk — helped enormously.

yup, my ex was constantly in motion, getting stuff done, inventing chores and a fitness freak….those behaviors helped her alot

80 | January 20, 2013 4:43 pm

sadly, the details are:

he teaches at west point. thus, he educates our officers.

west point is responsible for this study, west point trains officers.

the same officers that have no problem placing ridiculous roe’s on our troops and punishing those troops who dare to question islam. these officers are more concerned about being politically correct and protecting their jobs than about protecting the troops charged to them.

the officer corp is now totally politicized, its easy to do when it is as bloated as it is. if you want a job and want promoted you toe the party line. you become a political officer taking direction from places like west point and instructors like prof perlinger.

81. eaglesoars
    81 | January 20, 2013 4:43 pm

it’s a curse I’d not wish on my worst enemy

Indeed. My sister’s youngest is bi-polar. Christ, the drugs have done enough damage…………..

82. brookly red
    82 | January 20, 2013 4:43 pm

brookly red wrote:

that is really bad stuff and needs really good treatment.

Believe it or not, exercise — even just a nice long walk — helped enormously.

well yes exercise increases the production of endorphins (sp?) you have heard of the runners high, yes?

83. 83 | January 20, 2013 4:44 pm

I saw Granholm say that this morning.As usual she was agressive, finger waging
    and inane.
    Can we deort her back to Canada?

We should have deported her after this incident:

84 | January 20, 2013 4:45 pm

it’s a curse I’d not wish on my worst enemy

oh yeah, the solution is often as bad as the problem…but without treatment of some sort these people are doomed…I have stories that would freak out normal people

85. brookly red
    85 | January 20, 2013 4:45 pm

and get fragged

86. Mars
    86 | January 20, 2013 4:48 pm

MacDuff wrote:
    eaglesoars wrote:
    Depression is indeed, as Churchill said a ‘black dog’

My ex wife is bi-polar but has decided she isn’t. Supposedly she found a therapist to tell her she wasn’t bi-polar, but even at the divorce hearing she never produced the paperwork (thought the judge told her to, he never penalized her). When she has an episode it is the most surreal thing ever. I’ll give her credit she has found a way to somewhat control her running away impulse. Instead of booking out of town she sabotages her current living situation or job situation and goes to something new. Not the best way to handle it, but I suppose when you’re in the level of denial she’s in then that’s the best I can hope for.

87 | January 20, 2013 4:48 pm

brookly red wrote:
    that is really bad stuff and needs really good treatment.
    Believe it or not, exercise — even just a nice long walk — helped enormously.

in our case it was not the effort, it was the focus that was important…painting relaxed my wife and kept her online

88 | January 20, 2013 4:48 pm

bi polar is terrible.

89. Mars
    89 | January 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Very true.
    best to have a sense of humor

kids don’t understand sarcasm too good…

Nope.

90 | January 20, 2013 4:50 pm

MacDuff wrote:
    eaglesoars wrote:
    Depression is indeed, as Churchill said a ‘black dog’

indeed,that’s not the person you love and married…bi-polar is an absolute home wrecker when it’s out of control

91 | January 20, 2013 4:50 pm

now this is some snow!

92. eaglesoars
    92 | January 20, 2013 4:51 pm

brookly red wrote:

Yes, but that’s extreme exercise. What I learned is that the sleeplessness that comes with the anxiety (that never goes away even when the depression descends) is helped with exercise. If you can get decent sleep w/o drugs, you’re halfway there. With a two hour walk or cleaning the apt top to bottom I could get 5 hrs straight. It really helped. I knew I was getting better when I woke up one morning and there was no anvil on my chest.

I can only imagine what life is like for people who live with that every day.

93 | January 20, 2013 4:52 pm

Matt Ryan is having a monster game…SF has to keep it close, and the perfect QB to do that is CK

94. eaglesoars
    94 | January 20, 2013 4:54 pm

now this is some snow!

I sent that to a friend earlier today -- his MIL is in Moscow and I know they;ve got to be worried.

95. brookly red
    95 | January 20, 2013 4:54 pm

@ heysoos:

I had Seroquel as a client for some years and brain chemistry is a tricky thing to balance, and I am sure all the crap we put in foods these days doesn’t help.

96. Mars
    96 | January 20, 2013 4:54 pm

@ heysoos:
    Especially when they wake up one day, decide they are bi-sexual, have an affair for 6 months, decide they’re gay and run away with the kids.

97 | January 20, 2013 4:55 pm

now this is some snow!

I sent that to a friend earlier today — his MIL is in Moscow and I know they;ve got to be worried.

that is a lot of snow, even for the russians

98 | January 20, 2013 4:56 pm

@ heysoos:

we LOVE seroquel on the stroke service.

99. brookly red
    99 | January 20, 2013 4:56 pm

that is a lot of snow, even for the russians

global warming is a bitch.

100 | January 20, 2013 4:56 pm

brookly red wrote:
    I can only imagine what life is like for people who live with that every day.

anvil on your chest…too familiar…you descriptions are exactly my own experience…I recall so many times when my wife couldn’t breath…you get freaked out, could be at a mall, a party, a hotel lobby in an unfamiliar town….you learn to accept the possibilities for utter disaster, any time any place

101. Mars
    101 | January 20, 2013 4:57 pm

brookly red wrote:
    I can only imagine what life is like for people who live with that every day.

Best case scenario it’s like a dull fog in the brain. Worst case, it’s pull the curtains and refuse to ever get out of bed again.

102. brookly red
    102 | January 20, 2013 4:57 pm

@ heysoos:

we LOVE seroquel on the stroke service.

it does what it says it does.

103. brookly red
    103 | January 20, 2013 4:58 pm

@ heysoos:

we LOVE seroquel on the stroke service.

but I don’t want to get into off label, if you know what I mean

104 | January 20, 2013 4:59 pm

@ heysoos:
    we LOVE seroquel on the stroke service.

it does what it says it does.

yes it does!

105 | January 20, 2013 4:59 pm

@ heysoos:
    we LOVE seroquel on the stroke service.

but I don’t want to get into off label, if you know what I mean

sure. why do that?

106 | January 20, 2013 4:59 pm

@ Macker:
    Yeah, that should have been the braking point.

107. Mars
    107 | January 20, 2013 5:00 pm

brookly red wrote:
    I can only imagine what life is like for people who live with that every day.

My best panic attacks usually ended with me curled up in a ball under a piece of furniture.

108 | January 20, 2013 5:00 pm

@ heysoos:

bi-sexuality, or the question, seems to be a universal aspect…I understand you completely…
    bi-polar
    bi-sexual
    bye bye

109. brookly red
    109 | January 20, 2013 5:00 pm

@ heysoos:
    we LOVE seroquel on the stroke service.

but I don’t want to get into off label, if you know what I mean

sure. why do that?

now if we could get to the water cooler in the senate…

110 | January 20, 2013 5:01 pm

@ heysoos:
    we LOVE seroquel on the stroke service.
    but I don’t want to get into off label, if you know what I mean
    sure. why do that?

now if we could get to the water cooler in the senate…

heh…that and some haldol….

111. Mars
    111 | January 20, 2013 5:01 pm

bi-polar
    bi-sexual
    bye bye

I pointed the connection out to my psych professors they all agree it was the paper that should be published but never would be.

112 | January 20, 2013 5:02 pm

brookly red wrote:
    I can only imagine what life is like for people who live with that every day.

my wife would split the house and just go…as far as the bushes around the house or 300mi away in a car…I’ve had to take a flashlight and go out all around the property to try and find her….the times I didn’t I almost died of anxiety myself…everybody suffers to some degree

113 | January 20, 2013 5:03 pm

turnover!
    Niners can take the lead

114. 114 | January 20, 2013 5:04 pm

Those evil sinister Russians at it again!
    ///

Russia offers to help France in Mali

115. Mars
    115 | January 20, 2013 5:04 pm

brookly red wrote:
    I can only imagine what life is like for people who live with that every day.

That sounds like textbook bi-polar. Far worse than depression.

116. 116 | January 20, 2013 5:04 pm

Yup!

117. brookly red
    117 | January 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Those evil sinister Russians at it again!
    ///

Russia offers to help France in Mali

Of all the way of dealing with the Muzz the Russian method is my favorite.

118 | January 20, 2013 5:09 pm

I have a sibling who is bi-polar with a touch of manic depression and is additionally about half nuts. Stir in some cheap gin, shake vigorously and stand the hell back.

119. eaglesoars
    119 | January 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Those evil sinister Russians at it again!
    ///

Russia offers to help France in Mali

I have no time for Putin, but my admiration for the Russian people is solid. And the Russkies have NO time for the muzzies -- I say C’MON DOWN!!

Altho I’d worry about the Chechens……..

120 | January 20, 2013 5:12 pm

yup, alcohol is just a time bomb

121 | January 20, 2013 5:14 pm

if you can’t make a 38yd field goal to tie the championship game, you are in deep shit

122. Alberta Oil Peon
    122 | January 20, 2013 5:14 pm

IMHO, the term “bi-polar” is a very poor choice indeed as a descriptor for what used to be called “manic-depressive” disorder. The old term pretty accurately describes the two behavior modes of individuals with the disorder. “Bi-polar” is so vague,it is essentially useless, except by convention. Could mean the patient is magnetized, and rotates until his head points North when placed in a swimming pool.

I lived in a shared home one time with a guy who was bi-polar. Brilliant, sharp, and witty, and crazier than a shithouse rat.

I used to have panic attacks back when I was in my 20′s. Never knew what it was. One day, I read a description of what a panic attack was, and said to myself, “aha, so that’s what it is!” And, you know, never a one since then. If you can name your demon, you can banish it.

123. eaglesoars
    123 | January 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Mars wrote:

You know who would be interested in that -- if he doesn’t already know?

buzzsawmonkey.

124. Calo
    124 | January 20, 2013 5:15 pm

@ heysoos:

My kid is one of your client’s clients.

I am not a big foodie or nutrition nut, but I saw my kid change his food habits over the last few years as he entered puberty and replaced carbs for a decrease in his serotonin levels. I’m honing in on his nutrition now, trying to decrease his meds.

125. Mars
    125 | January 20, 2013 5:16 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Yeah, he and I have talked about it a few times.

126 | January 20, 2013 5:17 pm

Those evil sinister Russians at it again!
    ///

Russia offers to help France in Mali

When the Russians take Muslim prisoners, they will wish to Allah
    that they were at Gitmo.

127 | January 20, 2013 5:17 pm

another turnover!
    get some points!

128 | January 20, 2013 5:17 pm

yup, alcohol is just a time bomb

I’m pleased that said sib seems to have overcome those problems, is in a long term relationship and is now doing quite well. It was pretty dicey for about 12 years.

Yay! Falcon turnover

129 | January 20, 2013 5:19 pm

roughing the passer!
    go Niners

130. Mars
    130 | January 20, 2013 5:19 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

Yep the change of manic depressive to bi-polar did a huge disservice to the people suffering.

Just like the current plans to eliminate NPD and merge Aspergers into general autism. The expanding of Autism as a whole is going to really hurt a lot of treatment. There are a lot of differences within the Autism spectrum and it is just going to make things harder when files get transferred from one doctor to another. “He’s autistic” “What symptoms” *lists about a hundred. Compared to “Showing key markers of Apsergers” “got it”.

131. 131 | January 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Those evil sinister Russians at it again!
    ///

Russia offers to help France in Mali

Obama is the best thing to happen to Russian PR in quite some time and they’re re-assuming the mantle of “Superpower”. These are heady times for Russia and they have a vital leader who’s prime interest is what’s in Russia’s interest…be damned.

I’m jealous.

132. eaglesoars
    132 | January 20, 2013 5:22 pm

When the Russians take Muslim prisoners

When did they start doing THAT?

Where did I read this? Lebanon, back when our CIA chif of station was kidnapped and murdered. They took some Russian captive. The next thing they knew one of their own went missing. A few days later they received his penis in what passed for the mail.

They released the Russian. No problems after that.

133 | January 20, 2013 5:25 pm

CRAP!

134 | January 20, 2013 5:27 pm

When the Russians take Muslim prisoners

When did they start doing THAT?

They released the Russian. No problems after that.

Yup, No worries about being water boarded.

135 | January 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Atl pinned on their own goal….have to stop them and get going again

136 | January 20, 2013 5:29 pm

big D play….SF reminds me of Dallas, so close, playing from behind etc

137 | January 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Did I just see a Dodge commercial for a website that “allows” other people in your life to “fund” your new Dodge Dart piece by piece?

138 | January 20, 2013 5:34 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Those evil sinister Russians at it again!
    ///

141 | January 20, 2013 5:35 pm

SF takes the lead

142 | January 20, 2013 5:36 pm

This is football!

143 | January 20, 2013 5:37 pm

@ heysoos:
    This is what I like to see in a playoff game.

144 | January 20, 2013 5:41 pm

@ heysoos:
    This is what I like to see in a playoff game.

if the AFC game is a barnburner, I’d consider this the greatest playoffs ever…some great games

145. Alberta Oil Peon
    145 | January 20, 2013 5:42 pm

Apropos of nothing, but it is an open thread….

Given the state of the big firearms/ammo panic that’s going on, I am thinking it would be a damn good idea for those so inclined to snag one or more black powder guns, and enough powder and percussion caps (if needed) to feed them for a few years. Plinking and target shooting with the black powder arms ought to be as much fun as using the modern stuff, and relatively cheap, too. Hard to burn too many rounds in a session. And in a real TSHTF situation, one could make one’s own black powder, if the need arose.

Here in Canada, flintlock and matchlock long arms are considered antiques, even if modern reproductions, and don’t come under the Firearms Act. Nor do antique handguns, save for those that can accept current types of ammo. But reproduction handguns, regardless of ammo type, are not considered antiques.

I’m seriously thinking of stopping by the Cabela’s in Edmonton and see if I can get me a modern repop flintlock rifle. It would be a fun toy, if nothing else, and it can keep the SMLE company.

146 | January 20, 2013 5:42 pm

fantastic stuff right there.

147 | January 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Jone is simply unstoppable…this is it right here, hold em to a fg and it’s lights out Atl

148 | January 20, 2013 5:45 pm

heysoos wrote:

I’d sure like to see a good game, but I think Brady-bot is gonna shred the RayLews.

149 | January 20, 2013 5:45 pm

oh boy…heart attack time for these guys

150 | January 20, 2013 5:46 pm

heysoos wrote:

it’s the NFL…you never know, that’s the beauty of it

151 | January 20, 2013 5:47 pm

heysoos wrote:

didya see the pics i put on the post up top?

152 | January 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Niners need a stop…it’s desperate now

153 | January 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Time for another Matty Icepick.

154 | January 20, 2013 5:49 pm

didya see the pics i put on the post up top?

Yep… :grin:

155. Mars
    155 | January 20, 2013 5:50 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:
    Yeah it’s pretty much the same here. Plus they usually run cheaper than a similar standard gun.

Plus not all of them have the standard way of using black powder. My dad used to have a couple six shooters in black powder that he made preloaded cartridges for the chambers.

(BTW if anyone knows what guns I’m talking about could you tell me? I’m going off of childhood memories here.)

156. eaglesoars
    156 | January 20, 2013 5:52 pm

some reading for ya…an opinion piece

Contrast this with China, which has used the global liquidity to invest and develop a powerful manufacturing economy and an enormous middle class. China, which two decades ago was far weaker than Russia, has rapidly emerged as a true superpower. China is now a major economic and political player not only in Asia but also in Latin America and Africa, where it is now the largest provider of investment capital and credit. China, not Russia, is a true U.S. partner and rival. Washington may occasionally bash China about its human rights abuses and trade policy, but it is inconceivable that Congress would pass a Magnitsky law against Chinese officials.

China’s economic ‘miracle’ is true up to a point but it’s so fragile, I wouldn’t consider it a true super power. It’s true that we wouldn’t pass a magnitsky law against China, but that’s only because China owns so much of our debt -- and is buying gold hand over fist.

And the writer completely ignored India. That’s a counterbalance to all of this.

157 | January 20, 2013 5:55 pm

That might do it.

158 | January 20, 2013 5:55 pm

fucking WOW!
    just WOW!

159 | January 20, 2013 5:56 pm

really poor play calling there for Atl…they blew it…you just don’t throw short into the middle in that situation….bad rabbit

161 | January 20, 2013 5:59 pm

just get a first down

162 | January 20, 2013 5:59 pm

How the hell do they end up with a delay of game after 2 back to back timeouts?

163 | January 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Even worse for SF there.

164 | January 20, 2013 6:00 pm

huckfunn wrote:

How the hell do they end up with a delay of game after 2 back to back timeouts?

just burning time, it’s intentional

165 | January 20, 2013 6:02 pm

YOWZA!…the Kid did it!…he did it!

166 | January 20, 2013 6:03 pm

just burning time, it’s intentional

The game clock hadn’t started yet. It was a play clock violation. It was just dumb.

167 | January 20, 2013 6:03 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

In the US, black powder guns aren’t considered firearms, and aren’t regulated at all (although they are regulated in some states).

I usually point that out during my classes. Most people have no idea that’s the case.

167. 168 | January 20, 2013 6:04 pm

some reading for ya…an opinion piece

Nice piece. It’s not unlike the Russians to play a good game of poker….i never was so good at poker.

The mention of the “Magnitsky Bill” actually prompted a Google search, I admit. I don’t yet know what to think, but it seems but it seems to be yet another law steeped generously in bullshit.

169 | January 20, 2013 6:05 pm

I’ve seen a lot of football..this game is one for the books…other games are even closer, but this was for the Championship…awesome

170 | January 20, 2013 6:06 pm

MacDuff wrote:

some reading for ya…an opinion piece

didn’t catch that…usually you just deny one more play after the punt….you knew that tho

171 | January 20, 2013 6:07 pm

@ huckfunn:
    messed up my reply bro

172 | January 20, 2013 6:08 pm

Ok, now If Brady gets the snot slapped out of him, a good day!

173 | January 20, 2013 6:08 pm

@ huckfunn:
    messed up my reply bro

Good thing we have another game coming up. That was a good one.

174 | January 20, 2013 6:10 pm

@ huckfunn:
    messed up my reply bro

Good thing we have another game coming up. That was a good one.

hell yeah…I love a good game, from HS to the pro’s…
    maybe an obsession but so what?

175 | January 20, 2013 6:11 pm

I feel for Tony Gonzalas….that what his last hurrah I think

175. Mars
    176 | January 20, 2013 6:15 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

I admit I should be really well versed in black powder, my dad went to the green river rendezvous during the years we lived there and then went to the lander rendezvous after we relocated. But I was a kid and more concerned with how miserable cold and wet it was.

177 | January 20, 2013 6:17 pm

OK ,here is some useless trivia.
    The largest crowd ever to watch a high school football game was in
    1937 at Chicagos Soldier Field.
    120,000 peopel watched the chicago Catholic League Champion Leo
    High School play Austin High School the Public League Champion.
    See, I told you that it was useless trivia.

178 | January 20, 2013 6:18 pm

the niners proved a lot today. wow, what a game

179 | January 20, 2013 6:22 pm

the niners proved a lot today. wow, what a game

CK is the real deal…simply amazing to go into these huge games and not shit your pants

180 | January 20, 2013 6:23 pm

now if the Ravens can send Brady to the ER, we’ll see a brother vs brother game

181 | January 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Frank Gore’s little boy is an exact clone of his dad…

182 | January 20, 2013 6:28 pm

now if the Ravens can send Brady to the ER, we’ll see a brother vs brother game

with ray lewis’ last hurrah. whada storyline!

183 | January 20, 2013 6:29 pm

the niners proved a lot today. wow, what a game

that was Free Beer Day

184 | January 20, 2013 6:33 pm

my posts are getting really mixed up…regretscoldwarrior wrote:

now if the Ravens can send Brady to the ER, we’ll see a brother vs brother game

with ray lewis’ last hurrah. whada storyline!

yeah, as for me I’ve forgiven Lewis…few people know what actually happened that night and I believe he was caught in a metaphoric crossfire…before that and since he has been a fine citizen, gives away lots of money, and everybody loves him…I not so cynical as to suppose they are all deluded…he’s cool with me

185 | January 20, 2013 6:34 pm

@ Mars:

The great thing about black powder stuff is that you can just walk out of the store with it, or even buy it online.

Well, unless you live in one of the socialist states.

185. Mars
    186 | January 20, 2013 6:38 pm

@ Mars:
    Well, unless you live in one of the socialist states.

A few comments ago I was wondering about a couple pistols my dad had. They were black powder, but you preloaded cartridges and essentially they acted like a standard six shooter after that.

Are you familiar with this type of black powder gun?

187 | January 20, 2013 6:41 pm

@ Mars:
    Well, unless you live in one of the socialist states.

my whole life I’ve wanted a Hawken kit, just never got around to it…just a day or two ago I looked at them online and was surprised at the costs involved…I still want to build and shoot one tho…now days it seems like I have to be talked into any indulgences, I deserve one

188 | January 20, 2013 6:41 pm

@ Mars:
    Well, unless you live in one of the socialist states.

those black powder guns arent as scary as assault weapons and scary pistols! besides, they are old, what good are they?

189 | January 20, 2013 6:42 pm

Flacco has to play his ass off and not lose the game

190 | January 20, 2013 6:44 pm

I’m really amazed that they haven’t started regulating them. I think an awful lot of people in the 18th and 19th centuries would disagree with the idea that they aren’t real guns…

191 | January 20, 2013 6:46 pm

@ Mars:

Black powder revolvers come in two types. Civil War era types called “cap and ball”. These have a nipple on the back of each chamber on the cylinder where a primer cap is placed. The front of each cylinder is either loaded with measured loose black powder followed by the bullet, (old school) or with pill shaped solid pre-measured powder charges (modern Pyrodex) followed by the bullet. Built into the gun is a lever under the barrel to push the powder load and “ball” into the front of the cylinder

There are some that are cartridge arms, that use a conventional brass cartridge that is loaded with black powder, not modern smokeless powder.

The cap and ball type are exempt from most federal firearms regulations and can be ordered through the mail.

192 | January 20, 2013 6:46 pm

@ Mars:

Are you familiar with this type of black powder gun?

Sounds like one of the conversions that they did to make muzzle loaders work with cartridges. They were pretty common in the late 19th century. The first cartridges still used black powder, because they hadn’t invented smokeless powder yet.

193 | January 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Like the 1/2 million or so killed in the Civil War!

194 | January 20, 2013 6:50 pm

@ The Osprey:

Like the 1/2 million or so killed in the Civil War!

And a whole bunch of Indians…and buffalo…

195 | January 20, 2013 6:50 pm

i sure would rather not get hit with a .50 thanks.

196 | January 20, 2013 6:51 pm

@ The Osprey:

Like the 1/2 million or so killed in the Civil War!

And a whole bunch of Indians…and buffalo…

And one big lizard:

197 | January 20, 2013 6:53 pm

@ The Osprey:
    Like the 1/2 million or so killed in the Civil War!
    And a whole bunch of Indians…and buffalo…

And one big lizard:

well, there is that.

198 | January 20, 2013 6:54 pm

And one big lizard:

That’s why Charles Johnson sold “Mr. Mossberg”. :lol:

198. Mars
    199 | January 20, 2013 6:57 pm

@ Mars:
    Are you familiar with this type of black powder gun?

I remember it had a cartridge that had to have the cap placed in it and it was loaded from the powder horn then packed. The ball was pushed into the cartridge. So it was kind of a hybrid between the two technologies.

200 | January 20, 2013 6:57 pm

The Osprey wrote:

And one big lizard:

That’s why Charles Johnson sold “Mr. Mossberg”.

I thought it was because he’s a punk

201 | January 20, 2013 6:58 pm

@ Mars:

Sounds like it. I’ve never heard of one like that.

202 | January 20, 2013 7:00 pm

@ The Osprey:

Like the 1/2 million or so killed in the Civil War!

And a whole bunch of Indians…and buffalo…

And Mexican banditos, who need no steenking badges!

203 | January 20, 2013 7:02 pm

@ The Osprey:

Badgers?

203. 204 | January 20, 2013 7:03 pm

No Kill I!

204. 205 | January 20, 2013 7:05 pm

@ The Osprey:

Ay yi yi yi….

205. 206 | January 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Spotted this anti-Cuomo sign yesterday upstate in Shokan. You should have seen the one that got away.

206. 207 | January 20, 2013 7:07 pm

@ Macker:
    My mother worked on that cartoon!

207. eaglesoars
    208 | January 20, 2013 7:13 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

I think Cuomo just shot his POTUS chances straight to hell

209 | January 20, 2013 7:14 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

I think Cuomo just shot his POTUS chances straight to hell

put a fork in him. he’s done.

209. 210 | January 20, 2013 7:15 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

@ Macker:
    My mother worked on that cartoon!

Ay yi yi yi! That is so cool! Did she meet Mel Blanc too?

210. 211 | January 20, 2013 7:20 pm

I think Cuomo just shot his POTUS chances straight to hell

This one of the few times that I’m glad the rest of America hates New Yorkers.

211. eaglesoars
    212 | January 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Hey cw, did you see this?

Report: Obama Ousting CENTCOM Chief Mattis

Why the hurry? Pentagon insiders say that he rubbed civilian officials the wrong way — not because he went all “mad dog,” which is his public image, and the view at the White House, but rather because he pushed the civilians so hard on considering the second- and third-order consequences of military action against Iran. Some of those questions apparently were uncomfortable. Like, what do you do with Iran once the nuclear issue is resolved and it remains a foe? What do you do if Iran then develops conventional capabilities that could make it hazardous for U.S. Navy ships to operate in the Persian Gulf? He kept saying, “And then what?

Inquiry along these lines apparently was not welcomed — at least in the CENTCOM view. The White House view, apparently, is that Mattis was too hawkish, which is not something I believe, having seen him in the field over the years. I’d call him a tough-minded realist, someone who’d rather have tea with you than shoot you, but is happy to end the conversation either way.

“I am at the point where I don’t trust his national security team,” he adds. “They strike me as politicized, defensive and narrow. These are people who will not recognize it when they screw up, and will treat as enemies anyone who tells them they are doing that. And that is how things like Vietnam get repeated. Harsh words, I know. But I am worried.”

212. 213 | January 20, 2013 7:23 pm

@ Urban Infidel:
    I think Cuomo just shot his POTUS chances straight to hell
    put a fork in him. he’s done.

Looking at two terms for Barry, anything’s possible these days.

213. 214 | January 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Macker wrote:

Ay yi yi yi! That is so cool! Did she meet Mel Blanc too?

No, I don’t believe that she has.

215 | January 20, 2013 7:29 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Obama is expected to pursue a diplomatic resolution to the Iranian nuclear program this year.

I think we’ve seen enough of Obama’s idea of “diplomacy.”

Remember the “fiscal cliff” negotiations?

Should work real well with the Iranians.

216 | January 20, 2013 7:34 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    I think we’ve seen enough of Obama’s idea of “diplomacy.”
    Remember the “fiscal cliff” negotiations?
    Should work real well with the Iranians.

he knows he’s way over his head with foreign leaders…if anything BO knows what he is…he’s totally out to lunch regarding foreign policy and it shows…he may seem comfident but he shits his pants having to deal with guys like Bibi or Putin

217 | January 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Algeria: Jihadists Told Hostages, “We’ve Come In The Name Of Islam, To Teach The Americans What Islam Is,” Then Immediately Executed 5 Of Them…

Looks like more Muslims who misunderstand the true nature of Islam…

217. eaglesoars
    218 | January 20, 2013 7:36 pm

he knows he’s way over his head with foreign leaders

no he doesn’t! This guy is CLINICAL!!

219 | January 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Obama has met the enemy, and he is us:

Obama Attends Church, Pastor Asks God To Prepare Obama “For Battle” Against His “Enemies”…

President Barack Obama was sworn in for four more years Sunday in a simple ceremony at the White House, embarking on a second-term quest to restore a still-shaky economy and combat terrorists overseas while swearing an age-old oath to “preserve, protect and defend” the Constitution.[...]

Before the swearing-in, the president listened from a second-row pew at the 175-year-old Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal Church as the Rev. Jonathan V. Newman asked God’s blessing for the him and his family. “But also prepare him for battle … because sometimes enemies insist on doing it the hard way,” he said.

220 | January 20, 2013 7:39 pm

he knows he’s way over his head with foreign leaders
    no he doesn’t! This guy is CLINICAL!!

He just needs to remind them that he won…

221 | January 20, 2013 7:41 pm

he knows he’s way over his head with foreign leaders
    no he doesn’t! This guy is CLINICAL!!

okay

222 | January 20, 2013 7:43 pm

snow

And it is ALL your fault!

223 | January 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Great picture from a “Gun Appreciation Day” rally

223. 224 | January 20, 2013 7:44 pm

This is so fucked up, it’s not even funny.

225 | January 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

This is so fucked up, it’s not even funny.

yeah, really obnoxious wordage…this crazy mongering is very uncool, but it’s become normal

226 | January 20, 2013 7:53 pm

@ eaglesoars:

glad to see a few have some balls left. indeed, what happens when iran goes nuke, hmmmmmmmm 0 ???

227 | January 20, 2013 7:54 pm

Looks like more Muslims who misunderstand the true nature of Islam…

clearly.

227. 228 | January 20, 2013 7:58 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Gawd, that’s exactly the way it looks from the outside. Sometimes things are as they seem.

229 | January 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Islam will move against us in a more spectacular fashion on BO’s dime…bet me…they will exploit his foolish weakness

229. eaglesoars
    230 | January 20, 2013 8:05 pm

heysoos wrote:

they will exploit his foolish weakness

maybe they could take him hostage for the duration?

if only……………….

230. 231 | January 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Obama’s foreign policy can be summed up in one word, “disconnected”. In very incident they just pull the plug and disconnect and wait for it to pass. Americans’ lives at stake, or lost, seems to be just a blip or, as Obama himself put it, “a bump in the road”. It’s getting more disgraceful by the day.

232 | January 20, 2013 8:18 pm

@ MacDuff:
    I think that Obama finds himself in a foreign policy bind. He has to do enough
    so that his anti American sentiments are not incontrovertible, but he does see this nation
    as wicked.
    It’s in his crappy memoirs.

233 | January 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Ravens are hanging in there, so far…they gotta knock Brady on his ass a few times…not the defense of old

234 | January 20, 2013 8:24 pm

If you want to be loved, go be a movie star” — Dick Cheney

235 | January 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Obama is disconnected from you.

isam is disconnected from you.

See the connection?

236 | January 20, 2013 8:27 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

Obama is disconnected from you.
    isam is disconnected from you.
    See the connection?

can you draw some stick figures?

236. 237 | January 20, 2013 8:27 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

“If you want to be loved, go be a movie star” — Dick Cheney

Too bad I don’t get Showtime, I’d like to see it.

238 | January 20, 2013 8:34 pm

Obama

238. Mars
    239 | January 20, 2013 8:36 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

“If you want to be loved, go be a movie star” — Dick Cheney

One attendee took issue with the filmmakers’ choices, saying during the post-screening Q&A that he felt the directors didn’t go far enough in exposing Cheney for being a “sociopath” who was willing to lie to achieve his political goals.

I want to take the little piece of shit who said this out hunting.

My family knew the Cheney family, he is not in any way the man the left has pushed out to the public. He is a completely down to earth guy. He wouldn’t have survived Wyoming politics being the villain the libs have painted him as.

He and his family are wonderful, friendly, generous people that truly care about others.

I wouldn’t be surprised if his heart troubles happened due to the stress from the way the press and libs treated him.

240 | January 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Maybe he confused Cheney with Obama

240. Mars
    241 | January 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Maybe he confused Cheney with Obama

Have you ever noticed that libs take the faults of themselves and their own and project them on ours?

242 | January 20, 2013 8:44 pm

@ Mars:
    Dick Cheney and Don Rumsfeld are true statesmen and have served this country well for decades. They both earned huge fortunes in the private sector and sure didn’t need the work. The true definition of selfless public servants.

243 | January 20, 2013 8:44 pm

Yes, I have.

243. eaglesoars
    244 | January 20, 2013 8:49 pm

@ Mars:

Maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part, but I doubt it. Cheney is far too big a man to care about the opinions of people he has no respect for.

On the other hand, 8 yrs in office……………

245 | January 20, 2013 8:59 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

On the other hand, 8 yrs in office……………

Cheney’s service:
    White House Chief of Staff for President Ford.
    5 term Congressman
    SecDef for Bush I
    2 term VP for Bush II

Heck of a guy.

246 | January 20, 2013 9:00 pm

TD Ravens!

246. eaglesoars
    247 | January 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Downton Abbey is on. nite.

248 | January 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Ravens are getting it done…

249 | January 20, 2013 9:04 pm

@ heysoos:
    Yessir. I really thought that Brady was gonna kill ‘em. He still could, but that Ravens defense is hanging tough.

250 | January 20, 2013 9:05 pm

TURNOVER!

251 | January 20, 2013 9:05 pm

And President Obama, after taking the oath, said this to his daughter:

Zeke Miller@ZekeJMiller
    Obama to Sasha: “I did it”
    20 Jan 13 ReplyRetweetFavorite

Um Barry, there is no I in we. But you never say “We”.

252 | January 20, 2013 9:06 pm

@ heysoos:

Brady doesn’t have a lot to work with…the fact that he’s here speaks volumes…a turnover would be nice

253 | January 20, 2013 9:07 pm

@ huckfunn:

People always overlook Rumsfeld’s military service, as well.

Rumsfeld served in the United States Navy during peacetime, from 1954 to 1957, as a naval aviator and flight instructor. His initial training was in the North American SNJ Texan basic trainer after which he transitioned to flying the Grumman F9F Panther fighter. In 1957, he transferred to the Naval Reserve and continued his naval service in flying and administrative assignments as a drilling reservist. On 1 July 1958, he was assigned to Anti-submarine Squadron 662 at Naval Air Station Anacostia, District of Columbia, as a selective reservist.[12] Rumsfeld was designated aircraft commander of Anti-submarine Squadron 731 on 1 October 1960, at Naval Air Station Grosse Ile, Michigan, where he flew the S2F Tracker.[12] He transferred to the Individual Ready Reserve when he became Secretary of Defense in 1975 and retired with the rank of captain in 1989

254 | January 20, 2013 9:11 pm

Ravens are on fire

255 | January 20, 2013 9:12 pm

CNN Anti-Gun Nut Piers Morgan: “The Only Civilians Who ‘Need’ An AR-15 Are Those Who Want To Commit Mass Murder”…

An excellent comment from that thread:

More than 2,000,000 AR-15′s sold in America since 2000. That’s a lot of mass murder that hasn’t happened

256 | January 20, 2013 9:15 pm

I like his huge shoes and red rubber nose…yuk yuk

257 | January 20, 2013 9:16 pm

People always overlook Rumsfeld’s military service, as well.

Rumsfeld did it all; military, congress, cabinet, private business, philosopher. There should be a 40 foot statue of him somewhere. Not that he really gives a rip.

258 | January 20, 2013 9:17 pm

Ravens are on fire

It looks like poor Brady might miss the Super Bow.
    Let me see, he’s wealthy, handsome, talented with a great job &
    married to a super model.
    I hate that prick.

259 | January 20, 2013 9:17 pm

Democratic State Assemblyman Arrested After Allegedly Threatening Democratic State Speaker in Las Vegas

A Democratic assemblyman is in jail, arrested for threatening Democratic Speaker-elect Marilyn Kirkpatrick, according to North Las Vegas Police and Democratic sources familiar with the situation.

Assemblyman Steven Brooks, 40, of North Las Vegas made threats to harm a public official Saturday afternoon, police said in a news release Sunday morning. A source said he was arrested with a loaded gun after threatening to shoot Kirkpatrick.

Kirkpatrick and witnesses who corroborated the allegation prompted police to begin searching for Brooks. About 5:30 p.m., Brooks was seen driving in the area of Carey Avenue and Mt. Hood Street, where he was taken into custody without incident during a traffic stop.

Another Democratic source with knowledge of the situation said Brooks publicly threatened to harm Kirkpatrick because he was unhappy with the committee assignments given to him by Kirkpatrick. The 2013 Legislature begins Feb. 4.

260 | January 20, 2013 9:21 pm

Ravens are on fire

It looks like poor Brady might miss the Super Bow.
    Let me see, he’s wealthy, handsome, talented with a great job &
    married to a super model.
    I hate that prick.

he’s a stand up guy…we watched him in college and I pulled for early with the Pats..that said he bores me now, I like younger guys, so you win 8 Super Bowls, go home

261 | January 20, 2013 9:23 pm

@ heysoos:
    I just don’t like Bradys attitude, Too whiny & arrogant.

262 | January 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Turned it over on downs. Ravens need to eat clock and make no stupid mistakes. I’m sensing a Harbaugh Super Bowl.

263 | January 20, 2013 9:25 pm

huckfunn wrote:

they didn’t run the ball..big mistake

264 | January 20, 2013 9:26 pm

@ heysoos:
    Yep. That series took just 1 minute off the clock.

264. Mars
    265 | January 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Continuing my earlier rants. Just stumbled this and remembered what they pulled. Wish Mossad had just eliminated these little POS’s.

266 | January 20, 2013 9:27 pm

the Harbaugh Bowl…I like it…not to seem overly whatever, we watched Harbaugh at UofM as well…

267 | January 20, 2013 9:28 pm

huckfunn wrote:

You can tell that the Pats are now playing with a sense of urgency.

268 | January 20, 2013 9:28 pm

PICKED!

269 | January 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Brady is done
    Pats are done
    Ravens vs Niners
    all is well in NFLand

270 | January 20, 2013 9:32 pm

Niners and Ravens are more alike than different…I like the match up for the SB…the coach gig is gonna be massive…even epic

271 | January 20, 2013 9:33 pm

The SuperHarBowl.

272 | January 20, 2013 9:35 pm

The SuperHarBowl.

crazy huh?…who’d of thought it

272. 273 | January 20, 2013 9:35 pm

@ heysoos:

If It holds, this will be huge. Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh. Plus Ray Lewis going out as a champ. The game will be highly rated.

273. 274 | January 20, 2013 9:35 pm

@ huckfunn:

Yup!

274. 275 | January 20, 2013 9:37 pm

Ray Lewis goes is crying!

276 | January 20, 2013 9:38 pm

This will be an interesting situation for the Harbaugh parents.

277 | January 20, 2013 9:40 pm

The Harbaugh bros have a sister who is married to an NBA head coach. I don’t remember which team.

278 | January 20, 2013 9:40 pm

@ heysoos:

I respect Lewis and I love Ed Reed…but I really want to see the Kid win that game…evolution bro

278. 279 | January 20, 2013 9:42 pm

@ huckfunn:

John’s sister, Joani, is married to Tom Crean, the head men’s basketball coach at Indiana University.

A pure athletic family!

280 | January 20, 2013 9:44 pm

@ huckfunn:
    And their father Jack Harbaugh was a great athlete.

281 | January 20, 2013 9:44 pm

can Brady even score in this HALF?…
    get out you bum

282 | January 20, 2013 9:45 pm

@ huckfunn:

A pure athletic family!

Ah, that’s it. I knew it was basketball.

283 | January 20, 2013 9:46 pm

Game, set, match1

284 | January 20, 2013 9:47 pm

Brady…
    we’re not gonna score if it takes all day!
    it’s over

285 | January 20, 2013 9:49 pm

Check the Drudge headline. Brother Bowl.

286 | January 20, 2013 9:51 pm

I predict a monster Super Bowl boner this year…
    Jesus just left Foxboro
    and he’s headed for New Orleans

287 | January 20, 2013 9:52 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Check the Drudge headline. Brother Bowl.

those guys are good, real good….football from the day they were born

288 | January 20, 2013 9:55 pm

those guys are good, real good….football from the day they were born

I didn’t have a dog in this fight but I’m pleased with any outcome that doesn’t include Brady and the Pats.

288. brookly red
    289 | January 20, 2013 9:55 pm

those guys are good, real good….football from the day they were born

I will 2nd that.

290 | January 20, 2013 9:59 pm

those guys are good, real good….football from the day they were born

my dog is Kaepernick…I want him to win it

291 | January 20, 2013 10:57 pm

I bet Carolina Girl is extra careful with her posting this week. My wallet is waiting.