Chris Matthews compares Obama’s inauguration speech to the Gettysburg address

by Rodan ( 156 Comments › )
Filed under Fascism, Humor, Liberal Fascism, Progressives, Socialism at January 21st, 2013 - 8:32 pm

Chris Matthews views Obama as a divine god-king. His worship of Obama knows no bound nor limits. The Drunken nut job compares Obama’s 2nd inaugural speech to Lincoln’s Gettysburg address.

Chris Matthews is just like Charles Johnson, he once had credibility and now is just an Obama propagandist.

Tags:

Comments

156 Responses to “Chris Matthews compares Obama’s inauguration speech to the Gettysburg address”

1. brookly red
    1 | January 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Chris Matthews is an asshole… a well phuced worn out asshole

2 | January 21, 2013 8:36 pm

his lips are so swollen, I can’t understand what he’s saying…the guy is a veritable steam of blow

3 | January 21, 2013 8:36 pm

Hey Rodan, what the hell happened to the post and pics on the 2nd Amendment rally I sent you and CW? You might want to post it while we are still within a few days of the event.

4 | January 21, 2013 8:40 pm

In what decade did Chris Matthews have any credibility?

5. 5 | January 21, 2013 8:42 pm

In the 90′s. He even hosted the Limbaugh show a few times. His Kennedy vs. Nixon book was actually good. Then during the Iraq war he had a nervous breakdown.

6. eaglesoars
    6 | January 21, 2013 8:42 pm

Matthews worked in the Carter WH as a speech writer (and helped write the ‘maiaise’ speech) and was Tip O’Neill’s press guy.

Everybody on the Hill hated his guts. The people who knew him then still do.

7 | January 21, 2013 8:43 pm

I was busy in the ’90s. Must have missed it.

8. 8 | January 21, 2013 8:43 pm

@ The Osprey:

We will put it up for tomorrow. I was in football mode yesterday and realized most of today .

9. brookly red
    9 | January 21, 2013 8:44 pm

In what decade did Chris Matthews have any credibility?

let’s disregard their talking heads, then they will send “officers”. let’s disregard their officers, then they will send troops. let’s disregard their troops and they will search their souls and do the right thing.

10 | January 21, 2013 8:46 pm

brookly red wrote:

In what decade did Chris Matthews have any credibility?

is that from the Bible?

11. brookly red
    11 | January 21, 2013 8:48 pm

brookly red wrote:

In what decade did Chris Matthews have any credibility?

is that from the Bible?

the book of Brookly… Brookly 1:1 and a darkness feel across the land.

12. 12 | January 21, 2013 8:48 pm

I saw a post on weaselzippers last night about an inauguration poster comparing Obama to Jesus. One of the posters came up with some hymns that’d be appropriate for Obama to sing:

Januarius • a day ago

One supposes Dear Leader’s favorite hymn is “A mighty Fortress is Myself.” Or perhaps “How Great I Art.” Maybe “Barak of Ages.” “Hail Holy Me.” “Holy God We Praise My Name.” “Canticle of the Me.” “Amazing Me.” “Now Thank We All Our Me.” “Praise Me From Whom all Blessings Flow.” “Oh Me Our Help in Ages Past.” “Come Holy Me, Creator Blest.”

I’ve come up with a few more ‘All Hail the Power of Barack’s Name’; ‘Barack, Name Above All Names’; ‘A Mighty Fortress is Barack’; ‘Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord Barack Almighty’; and ‘Nearer Barack to Thee’.

Any other suggestions?

13 | January 21, 2013 8:49 pm

brookly red wrote:
    In what decade did Chris Matthews have any credibility?
    is that from the Bible?

the book of Brookly… Brookly 1:1 and a darkness feel across the land.

brookly red wrote:
    In what decade did Chris Matthews have any credibility?
    is that from the Bible?

the book of Brookly… Brookly 1:1 and a darkness feel across the land.

okay, don’t be a hog, pass the bong

14 | January 21, 2013 8:49 pm

The grovelling Obatomy lap dogs of MSNBC and CNN are all clawing for the lowest ratings. Even goofier is the fact that the phony “reality” show, Amish Mafia is the 2nd highest rating behind O’Reilly.

15 | January 21, 2013 8:50 pm

huckfunn wrote:

AmIdol America…stupid is as stupid does

16 | January 21, 2013 8:53 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Michelle Obama needs a jaw-do…a makeover…she looks like some fish that live 9000ft below sea level…I’ll bet her ears glow in the dark

17 | January 21, 2013 8:56 pm

AmIdol America…stupid is as stupid does

I’ve got 102 channels (no premiums) with Baha Broadband. I tried watching O’Reilly for a few minutes, but it was all about Obama. Currently watching Bravefart for the umpteenth time. Seriously, it’s about 100 channels of mindless pap. Why do I pay for this crap?

18 | January 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Haw!

19 | January 21, 2013 8:58 pm

@ huckfunn:
    are you saying you are ‘papal’

20 | January 21, 2013 8:58 pm

@ huckfunn:

I have somewhere around 275, out of which I regularly watch maybe 10.

21. Xeon
    21 | January 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Arafish

22 | January 21, 2013 8:59 pm

I got cable…I like the shows where they do things and make stuff…I don’t really care about logs in LA

23 | January 21, 2013 9:00 pm

huckfunn wrote:

AmIdol America…stupid is as stupid does

That’s why I use BitTorrent to steal the few shows I watch off of the internet. (aka the home shoplifting network) :cool:

24 | January 21, 2013 9:00 pm

@ huckfunn:
    are you saying you are ‘papal’

More of presby. :wink:

25 | January 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Wallace is about to get the bad guy who killed his wife.

26. CynicalConservative
    26 | January 21, 2013 9:01 pm

If I had your privs, Huck, I’d post a picture, re: 1911.

/galt

27. brookly red
    27 | January 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Brookly 1:2 And the son of mohammed, some called satan, some called the big eared bastard, and his harlot sat in the judgement seat above the children of God.
    1:3 It was a land of plenty yet the multitude did want. Many sacrificed their unborn on his alter yet he had mercy not.
    1:4 And the people murmured amongst them self’s, what sort of king is this?
    1:5 And the evil one laughed and taxed them more, and the backside of his harlot did block the sun from many of their villages.

28 | January 21, 2013 9:02 pm

huckfunn wrote:

@ huckfunn:
    are you saying you are ‘papal’

More of presby.

Presbies have the best basketball courts this side of the Forum…
    and btw, those Methodists know how to eat…they actually consume more than they pray

29 | January 21, 2013 9:03 pm

brookly red wrote:

1:4 And the people murmured amongst them self’s, what sort of king is this?

okay, see your psychiatrist soon

30. eaglesoars
    30 | January 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Matthews lives to belittle people. Remember after The admin admitted that stupid video had nothing to do with anything? Then Matthews was interviewing some kid at some event and he INSISTED it was all because of the video.

He knew. He just wanted to insult the kid.

31 | January 21, 2013 9:05 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

He knew. He just wanted to insult the kid.

Mathews is nobody, and you can quote me

32. brookly red
    32 | January 21, 2013 9:05 pm

brookly red wrote:

1:4 And the people murmured amongst them self’s, what sort of king is this?

okay, see your psychiatrist soon

1:6 And those who took the name of the Lord in vain did mock.

33 | January 21, 2013 9:06 pm

brookly red wrote:
    1:4 And the people murmured amongst them self’s, what sort of king is this?
    okay, see your psychiatrist soon

1:6 And those who took the name of the Lord in vain did mock.

dude, get a grip, take a walk or something

34 | January 21, 2013 9:07 pm

So, now that Obama has equated the Stonewall Riots with the march on Selma and the fight for women’s suffrage, I wonder when we’ll get to see the Oliver Stone version of that event?

I’m guessing that they’ll leave out the part where it was mostly about gay men wanting to be able to screw underage boys and turn it into a touching story about heroes who just want to be able to marry each other.

35. 35 | January 21, 2013 9:10 pm

mfhorn wrote:

Januarius • a day ago
    Any other suggestions?

Antichrist much?

36 | January 21, 2013 9:11 pm

I simply disregard Stone…too many lunatics to keep track of…if you retort that he has power and people listen to him then I say lock and load…Hollywood directors are not on my radar, he can say whatever he wants

37. eaglesoars
    37 | January 21, 2013 9:13 pm

lobo, do you have anything I can read about the true story. Buzz clued me into it and I’d like to start storing some ammo.

Thanks

38 | January 21, 2013 9:13 pm

heysoos wrote:

Unfortunately, a lot of people believe the crap he produces is factual, though.

39 | January 21, 2013 9:14 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Not offhand. I think Buzz would be a better source.

40. 40 | January 21, 2013 9:14 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Dunno about her ears, but her eyes certainly do.

And now she has some brand-new store-bought hair with bangs. All ghetto, all the time.

41. brookly red
    41 | January 21, 2013 9:15 pm

as a resident of NYC I say what stonewall riots? a few hundred drunk gay men got out of hand and the cops came to clean up… no shootings, fire bombing, looting’s there was no riot.

42 | January 21, 2013 9:17 pm

heysoos wrote:
    Unfortunately, a lot of people believe the crap he produces is factual, though.

I don’t care what other people think…if you have some hope to change the world, good for you…we’ve been living in an AmIdol world for years, and so what?…they win, we lose…if you can turn it, I’ll personally chisel your mug on a mountain…but believe me, I appreciate the effort

43 | January 21, 2013 9:17 pm

@ brookly red:

There you go bringing facts into the discussion again…

44. brookly red
    44 | January 21, 2013 9:18 pm

1389AD wrote:

not proud of her country, not proud of her self. all ghetto all the time.

45 | January 21, 2013 9:19 pm

brookly red wrote:

duh, the truth has no value…you wanna win elections? get out the knuckles or fold where you stand…principle is dead

47 | January 21, 2013 9:20 pm

1389AD wrote:
    not proud of her country, not proud of her self. all ghetto all the time.

I’d really like to ask her what country she’d rather live in.

48 | January 21, 2013 9:21 pm

1389AD wrote:
    not proud of her country, not proud of her self. all ghetto all the time.
    I’d really like to ask her what country she’d rather live in.

she’d probably reply, St Louis

49 | January 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Out of curiosity I watched Chris Matthews tonight.
    It just reaffirmed to me that he is raging bat shit crazy.
    His man crush on Obama is really uncomfortble & I suspect that
    it is induced by years of alchohol abuse.

50 | January 21, 2013 9:21 pm

brookly red wrote:

1:4 And the people murmured amongst them self’s, what sort of king is this?

verily, unto them a darkness did fall.

50. eaglesoars
    51 | January 21, 2013 9:23 pm

1389AD wrote:

And now she has some brand-new store-bought hair with bangs.

Why does everyone keep saying her hair is a wig? I didn’t get the memo

52 | January 21, 2013 9:23 pm

verily a light did shine and the truth was revealed

53 | January 21, 2013 9:24 pm

Out of curiosity I watched Chris Matthews tonight.
    It just reaffirmed to me that he is raging bat shit crazy.
    His man crush on Obama is really uncomfortble & I suspect that
    it is induced by years of alchohol abuse.

you should see what a ct of a ‘wet brain‘ looks like. its nasty.

Symptoms of Wet Brain Syndrome

Wet Brain Syndrome is characterized by many different neurological and psychiatric symptoms. Two of the main symptoms, which are also seen in alcohol intoxication, are confusion and ataxia. This is why the disease is sometime difficult to diagnose in severe alcoholics. Many symptoms of Wet Brain Syndrome involve the eye including nystagmus (a lateral tremor of the eye), ophthalmoplegia (paralysis of the eye muscles), anisocoria (unequal pupil size) and sluggish pupil reflexes (the eyes only slowly react to light). Korsakoff’s psychosis is characterized by amnesia, hallucination and confabulations. A confabulation is a fascinating psychiatric symptom in which people incorporate a fantasy or a figment of their imagination into their working memory. They are also extremely suggestible. An example of a confabulation is when a doctor, who has only just met a patient with Wet Brain Syndrome can easily convince him that they are long time acquaintances. The patient then begins to confabulate other instances in which the two have interacted.

53. brookly red
    54 | January 21, 2013 9:25 pm

@ brookly red:

There you go bringing facts into the discussion again…

dude I have seen bigger “riots” over sales at Best Buys… I don’t want to trash the gays but there was no riot, there were a few hundred men who did take offense that society did not allow them to have their way with children, but hey Obama is president so I guess they won.

55 | January 21, 2013 9:25 pm

I’ve had cotton mouth before…maybe even wet brain…
    should I worry?

55. 56 | January 21, 2013 9:25 pm

@ 1389AD:

You know, I have to wonder just how long God will stand for this character’s supporters portraying him in this light. I can’t think of the most rabid supporters of any Republican candidate who’ve deified them to that level. And Barack not coming out and insisting that a portrayal of him as Christ (I’d hope a Republican who had that kind of image made would request that be dropped) seems to be grounds for a God sized reckoning. Of course, I’m not God, so who knows…

57 | January 21, 2013 9:26 pm

@ brookly red:
    There you go bringing facts into the discussion again…

Satan shops at Best buy?…yowzer!

58 | January 21, 2013 9:27 pm

heysoos wrote:

I’ve had cotton mouth before…maybe even wet brain…
    should I worry?

only worry if your pupils start being different sizes and you fall down a lot.

58. brookly red
    59 | January 21, 2013 9:27 pm

brookly red wrote:

1:4 And the people murmured amongst them self’s, what sort of king is this?

verily, unto them a darkness did fall.

yet they threw more unborn onto the fire and it pleased the Lord not.

60 | January 21, 2013 9:28 pm

heysoos wrote:
    I’ve had cotton mouth before…maybe even wet brain…
    should I worry?

only worry if your pupils start being different sizes and you fall down a lot.

so that’s it!…been doing that for years…sup Bunk?

61 | January 21, 2013 9:28 pm

That was interesting. I am not exactly sure what Chris Matthews
    problem is, but there is one.

62 | January 21, 2013 9:29 pm

heysoos wrote:
    I’ve had cotton mouth before…maybe even wet brain…
    should I worry?
    only worry if your pupils start being different sizes and you fall down a lot.

so that’s it!…been doing that for years…sup Bunk?

63 | January 21, 2013 9:29 pm

brookly red wrote:
    1:4 And the people murmured amongst them self’s, what sort of king is this?
    verily, unto them a darkness did fall.

yet they threw more unborn onto the fire and it pleased the Lord not.

and hail!…the Lord did nothing

64 | January 21, 2013 9:29 pm

That was interesting. I am not exactly sure what Chris Matthews
    problem is, but there is one.

years of alcohol abuse can manifest itself in many different ways.

65 | January 21, 2013 9:30 pm

That was interesting. I am not exactly sure what Chris Matthews
    problem is, but there is one.

years of alcohol abuse can manifest itself in many different ways.

my dick went limp and that’s a fact

66 | January 21, 2013 9:31 pm

heysoos wrote:
    I’ve had cotton mouth before…maybe even wet brain…
    should I worry?
    only worry if your pupils start being different sizes and you fall down a lot.

Now if we could just figure out what’s wrong with Joe Biden…

66. eaglesoars
    67 | January 21, 2013 9:31 pm

years of alcohol abuse can manifest itself in many different ways.

You used a lot of tech terms I don’t understand -- but what I notice as a lay person is that he can’t seem to be still and he has weird eye movements.

68 | January 21, 2013 9:32 pm

That was interesting. I am not exactly sure what Chris Matthews
    problem is, but there is one.
    years of alcohol abuse can manifest itself in many different ways.

my dick went limp and that’s a fact

see. manifest destiny. :lol:

i gotta go sleep…nother long day in the AM.

night yinz

69 | January 21, 2013 9:32 pm

heysoos wrote:
    I’ve had cotton mouth before…maybe even wet brain…
    should I worry?
    only worry if your pupils start being different sizes and you fall down a lot.
    Now if we could just figure out what’s wrong with Joe Biden…

genetics

69. 70 | January 21, 2013 9:33 pm

I’d really like to ask her what country she’d rather live in.

I think she would be miserable anywhere.

71 | January 21, 2013 9:33 pm

heysoos wrote:
    I’ve had cotton mouth before…maybe even wet brain…
    should I worry?
    only worry if your pupils start being different sizes and you fall down a lot.
    Now if we could just figure out what’s wrong with Joe Biden…

that’s easy…start with bath salts and work backwards

72 | January 21, 2013 9:33 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

years of alcohol abuse can manifest itself in many different ways.
    You used a lot of tech terms I don’t understand — but what I notice as a lay person is that he can’t seem to be still and he has weird eye movements.

and lie very well because he believes what he says to be true, because it is, for him.

night.

72. 73 | January 21, 2013 9:34 pm

brookly red wrote:

Would it not be true that teh gheys BLEW it all out of proportion?

73. brookly red
    74 | January 21, 2013 9:34 pm

brookly red wrote:
    1:4 And the people murmured amongst them self’s, what sort of king is this?
    verily, unto them a darkness did fall.

yet they threw more unborn onto the fire and it pleased the Lord not.

and hail!…the Lord did nothing

1:6 and the unbelievers did mock, and say where is your God? much as they did to Moses.

75 | January 21, 2013 9:34 pm

take it easy bro

75. 76 | January 21, 2013 9:35 pm

Now if we could just figure out what’s wrong with Joe Biden…

Didn’t he suffer a stroke or two some years back?

76. 77 | January 21, 2013 9:37 pm

@ brookly red:

Somehow I sense a parody eventually coming to fruition, thanks to your efforts!

78 | January 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Macker wrote:

Now if we could just figure out what’s wrong with Joe Biden…
    Didn’t he suffer a stroke or two some years back?

I believe so.

79 | January 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Such modesty:

Obama Officially Proclaims His Inauguration Day “National Day Of Hope And Resolve”…

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 21, 2013, a National Day of Hope and Resolve. I call upon all Americans to join together in courage, in compassion, and in purpose to more fully realize the eternal promises of our founding and the more perfect Union that must remain ever within our reach. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-first day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand thirteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-seventh.

79. 4_Sticks
    80 | January 21, 2013 9:49 pm

@ huckfunn:

Get TCM ? Dunno if thats a freebie or not…. good oldie on at 10pm.

I know exactly what you mean though … b*tch about it all the time myself. Too many zombie/slasher/horror bs on also. Seems like every channel at times…

80. 81 | January 21, 2013 9:52 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

1389AD wrote:
    And now she has some brand-new store-bought hair with bangs.
    Why does everyone keep saying her hair is a wig? I didn’t get the memo

Could be hair extensions, which are little swatches of store-bought hair that are woven into one’s scalp. If that sounds nasty, it is.

The hair she had before looked ratty. This hair looks different.

81. 82 | January 21, 2013 9:54 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

I’d really like to ask her what country she’d rather live in.
    I think she would be miserable anywhere.

We, however, might be a little less miserable (or at least a little less BROKE) if she were to betake herself elsewhere.

83 | January 21, 2013 9:54 pm

let’s all hold hands…

84 | January 21, 2013 9:54 pm

4_Sticks wrote:

@ huckfunn:

Get TCM ? Dunno if thats a freebie or not…. good oldie on at 10pm.

I’ve got TCM, History and AMC. In Texas I get the Military Channel. But the rest of it is simple brain bilge. About half of it is reruns of stupid sitcoms that I never watched when they were all the rage 20 years ago. I need to find some good books.

85 | January 21, 2013 9:56 pm

Michelle is a cow, a bowling pin…stay away from her jaw

85. 86 | January 21, 2013 9:56 pm

Speaking of self-anointed god-kings:

North Korea.

More “Juche” pictures here.

87. eaglesoars
    88 | January 21, 2013 9:57 pm

1389AD wrote:

The hair she had before looked ratty. This hair looks different.

A half-decent stylist could do that.

Actually -- and I don’t say this lightly because I criticize her appearance often -- I thought she looked nice.

89 | January 21, 2013 9:57 pm

we’re fucked

90 | January 21, 2013 9:58 pm

let’s all hold hands…

Also from Beggar’s Banquet. One of my favs.

90. brookly red
    91 | January 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Macker wrote:

@ brookly red:

Somehow I sense a parody eventually coming to fruition, thanks to your efforts!

no parody, straight up. can you deal?

92 | January 21, 2013 9:59 pm

we’re fucked

You just noticed that?

93 | January 21, 2013 10:00 pm

@ huckfunn:
    dude…you are my musical brother…some of us get big picture so let’s gloat and lord…
    jus kidding…cool song, monster album

93. eaglesoars
    94 | January 21, 2013 10:01 pm

jeez oh flip -- what is it with my family -- now HUBBY is throwing up.

And it’s his b-day. Poor thing.

Ok. Gotta go.

94. 4_Sticks
    95 | January 21, 2013 10:02 pm

I thought it was just that he’s finally come out of the closet, no ??

96 | January 21, 2013 10:03 pm

more from the epic record….Jones and Richards are simply awesome….WAY ahead of the times…they were the masters of the country ballad…admit it…
    httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=mehrjwB-hVE

97 | January 21, 2013 10:03 pm

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=mehrjwB-hVE

98 | January 21, 2013 10:04 pm

I’ve been shutdown

99 | January 21, 2013 10:05 pm

101 | January 21, 2013 10:07 pm

jus kidding…cool song, monster album

102 | January 21, 2013 10:12 pm

@ huckfunn:
    rock stars…the original rock stars…
    and the music to back it up

103 | January 21, 2013 10:15 pm

@ heysoos:
    Let’s have anotha, brotha

104 | January 21, 2013 10:18 pm

@ huckfunn:
    I got a problem on my end, trouble posting…
    anyway I gorge on the Stones..see if this posts

103. 4_Sticks
    105 | January 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Ask an ex NYC cop what was goin’ on. They would take over (tractor) trailers right at curb side and have orgies there in the street. Lotsa closeted dudes hooking up, cheating on their wives. Nice.

104. 4_Sticks
    106 | January 21, 2013 10:20 pm

@ eaglesoars:

The above was meant for you …

107 | January 21, 2013 10:21 pm

huckfunn wrote:

@ heysoos:
    Let’s have anotha, brotha

classic even then…the Stones were always way out in front, except maybe for the early Beatles, but they were all close friends…as for me, I always loved the danger factor of the Stones…to this day

106. 108 | January 21, 2013 10:24 pm

4_Sticks wrote:

Then their wives ended up with STDs.

let’s all hold hands…

I can’t deal with the cover “art” on that one. Reminds me of norovirus, which I had recently.

eaglesoars wrote:

jeez oh flip — what is it with my family — now HUBBY is throwing up.
    And it’s his b-day. Poor thing.
    Ok. Gotta go.

Like I said, norovirus has been going around. It’s very miserable but generally it’s over pretty quickly.

107. 4_Sticks
    109 | January 21, 2013 10:24 pm

@ heysoos:

Try raising kids when everyone from the teacher(s) to the neighbor, to Hollywood/Tv to the preacher is tellin’ them ‘your old man is an a**hole’ in so many words …. I resent the sh*t outta revisionist history.

110 | January 21, 2013 10:27 pm

huckfunn wrote:

@ heysoos:
    Let’s have anotha, brotha

That’s exactly it. The way they looked, the way the songs sounded. Pure danger. That’s why I loved it then and now.

109. unclassifiable
    111 | January 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Hey huck.

Did you get my email (snd the email address)?

110. 4_Sticks
    112 | January 21, 2013 10:36 pm

My all time fav country tune:

113 | January 21, 2013 10:37 pm

I winked out..I think I’m online?

114 | January 21, 2013 10:38 pm

@ heysoos:
    ahhh!….like passing a massive load of gas

113. 4_Sticks
    115 | January 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Classic -- can see this as part of Stones (Oliver) sound track:

Memo From Turner:

Tight freakin’ jam …

116 | January 21, 2013 10:40 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

Hey huck.

Did you get my email (snd the email address)?

Hasn’t come in yet. Did you send it through Blogmacracy or direct to me?

115. unclassifiable
    117 | January 21, 2013 10:42 pm

@ huckfunn:

To the blogmocracy gmail account.

118 | January 21, 2013 10:42 pm

4_Sticks wrote:

My all time fav country tune:

Great tune! Those guys had the talent to do any genre they wanted.

119 | January 21, 2013 10:42 pm

@ huckfunn:
    I never tire of the Stones…there is such a massive pile of music and something for everybody…but I was hooked by their dark side reputation, rock and roll gangsters

120 | January 21, 2013 10:44 pm

English country honk…nobody else could have done that

121 | January 21, 2013 10:44 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

@ huckfunn:

To the blogmocracy gmail account.

They just haven’t passed it along yet. I’ll yank Rodan’s chain next time he’s around.

120. taxfreekiller
    123 | January 21, 2013 10:48 pm

On Obama:

Out in wild and wooley West Texas where there are never enough 5 wire fences and even then the wire is not tight enough, some of the yearlings end up a bit tough to catch and do any thing with.

We call them,,”high headed” cause they run like mad hatters into the barbbed wire, into gullies at full speed, or try to jump horse and rider when cut off and trapped.

Now that some time has passed and upon recollection what we now have in the office of Pres. of the U.S.A. is a “high headed” maverick of the worst type ever.

He is running mad into gullies, into barbed wire fences and he is taking U.S. with him.

Best thing we can do is throw out some hay and cotton seed cake and get this “high headed” one some prozac into his system before all of U.S. get hurt.

124 | January 21, 2013 10:49 pm

old Stones cover Dylan…

122. 4_Sticks
    125 | January 21, 2013 10:49 pm

Sorry -- saw a link about Peter Asher finding an old McCartney tape no ones ever heard and this link was right there on the same page. I thought I had been directed to a hoax page at first …
    ‘Whos Next’ is (was) one of my all time fav albums but I don’t think I’ll ever hear it quite the same again …

127 | January 21, 2013 10:53 pm

@ huckfunn:

Here’s a Jagger solo piece. Kinda weird. Didn’t get much play. I think the slide work is by Ry Cooder.

125. taxfreekiller
    128 | January 21, 2013 10:55 pm

he lives to be-spittle people@ eaglesoars:

129 | January 21, 2013 10:56 pm

4_Sticks wrote:

Speakin’ of the Stones:

I guess I could have done without that. :shock:

127. 4_Sticks
    130 | January 21, 2013 11:01 pm

@ heysoos:

The Beatles grabbed my attention at a very young age, DC-5 too. Then came the Stones, The Animals and The Kinks -- the ‘darker’ side. I’ve loved it ever since. Was always drawn to trouble, like the proverbial moth to the flame. That I survived … I used to say that as long as Keith is still above ground, I wasn’t worried :-)

131 | January 21, 2013 11:02 pm

@ huckfunn:
    that’s Cooder..from some odd movie Jagger made I don’t recall just now…ironically Cooder led the Exile sessions aghast at the Stones habits…but obviously they made amends

129. 4_Sticks
    132 | January 21, 2013 11:02 pm

Bill Wymans book had some good stories about the early (Brian Jones) years.

130. 4_Sticks
    133 | January 21, 2013 11:03 pm

@ heysoos:

“Performance”

134 | January 21, 2013 11:05 pm

@ 4_Sticks:
    yes, that was it…weird
    Jagger is a real somebody

132. taxfreekiller
    135 | January 21, 2013 11:06 pm

Think I have told one of ms tfk’s best deals ever.

Mic Jagger and the stones used Braniff Air Lines back in the day,
    1968 the band was on her flight and she was the charge person in the rear. Old mic had him the urge to get a hit of mary jane and took to the restroom. ms tfk noticed he was in there for a long time and went to the door and smelled the mj.

“Mr. Jagger you can not smoke on Braniff Air Lines and more important what your smoking is illegal.

Nothing,, more smoke.

ms tfk goes to the Pilot, “Jagger is huffing mj in the rest room”

“Make him stop.”
    So, back to Mic,,, (ms jagger is on the plane and watching the goings on”.
    Mic, I am the charge person back here plus the pilot says you must stop now.

“Who do you think you are I’m Mic Jagger”

“I the one who is going to get your ass off this plane at the nearest air port and your ass will be in jail cause your flying over Texas you ass hole.”

Ms Jagger, “Hell ya, some one knows what needs to be done.”

Jagger,,, “shit you dam Texans got no sense of humor at all”

Came out, sat down and Bianca told ms tfk, “Thank you, wish I had the guts to tell him off like that.”

He winked at ms tfk as he got off the plane, she said, son your no Texan, just get your shit and get off my plane.

love her

136 | January 21, 2013 11:06 pm

4_Sticks wrote:

Bill Wymans book had some good stories about the early (Brian Jones) years.

Holy-moly! Wymans will be be 77 this year. Jagger and Richards both hit 70.

137 | January 21, 2013 11:08 pm

@ 4_Sticks:
    Stone Alone…pretty good stuff, but Kieth Richards book was a real gas…I love that guy

138 | January 21, 2013 11:09 pm

huckfunn wrote:

4_Sticks wrote:
    Bill Wymans book had some good stories about the early (Brian Jones) years.

Holy-moly! Wymans will be be 77 this year. Jagger and Richards both hit 70.

yeah, and they are kicking ass when they play these anniversary gigs…they flat out smoked the O2 last month

136. 4_Sticks
    139 | January 21, 2013 11:10 pm

@ huckfunn:

Yeah, I know, sorry. I knew I had recently read something about Jagger and couldn’t recall what it was. I checked my browser ‘history’, copied the Rolling Stone link here. It wasn’t until after I clicked ‘Submit’ that I thought ‘maybe I shouldn’t have …’ Too late. Misery loves company.

The whole ‘Oliver Stone’, Rolling Stones, Rolling Stone Magazine, talk of the ‘dark side’ and ‘the riots’ all combined into some kinda Freudian brew …

140 | January 21, 2013 11:13 pm

the Rolling Stones are so old, so vast, and so complete, you have to look at their history in chunks…the Brian Jones years is quite is one hell of a rock and roll story…like Genesis or whatever

141 | January 21, 2013 11:18 pm

@ 4_Sticks:
    No biggie. I’ve known for a long time that many of those guys swung bofe ways at one time or another. I don’t even think that it was because they were ever bi or gay. They just lived life at full throttle and wanted to have every experience.

143 | January 21, 2013 11:25 pm

long before MTV the Stones were hamming it up making videos, long before some of you were even born..and listen to the great Sonny Rollins sax solo…Stones doing camp

140. unclassifiable
    144 | January 21, 2013 11:25 pm

@ unclassifiable:

Sorry bad link. Try this.

141. 4_Sticks
    145 | January 21, 2013 11:29 pm

@ huckfunn:

I remember some year back one of the R&R writers said the 64k question was ‘What does Mick Jagger fantasize about when whackin’ off ?’

Don’t think I really wanna know ….

OK, consider the subject changed.

146 | January 21, 2013 11:29 pm

@ unclassifiable:
    wow…heavy duty

147 | January 21, 2013 11:38 pm

@ 135 taxfreekiller: Get Mrs. TFK on OBama’s ass and set him straight.

148 | January 21, 2013 11:41 pm

@ unclassifiable:
    that is one hell of rant…I booked it, thanks

145. 4_Sticks
    149 | January 21, 2013 11:43 pm

@ heysoos:

Soon after this song came out it was in the juke box of one of my fav waterin’ holes. I go walkin’ through the door one afternoon just as this song comes on. My best friend is sitting at a table lookin’ a little bummed. As I sat down he tells me he played the song and asks me ‘what do I think of when I hear this song ?’ I musta been distracted by other concerns/issues or something ’cause I answered ‘I dunno, what ?”
    He says ‘ Really ? Thats it, this song doesn’t bring anything to mind ?”
    “Ah, not that I can think of … what are ya gettin’ at ?”
    Man, he just hung his head and said… “I dunno, I thought maybe you think of me …”.
    The dude was like a brother to me (since passed away) and when I saw on his face how crestfallen he looked … I felt terrible. He was really having tough times and I guess our friendship was the only thing he felt was a ‘positive’ in his life.
    I couldn’t think of a way to back track other than to say ‘Oh, the song…wasn’t sure what you were talkin’ about… of course mate !!” I don’t think it went over though …

150 | January 22, 2013 12:31 am

Obama will ask for things he can’t have. Then try and get them Chicago style. The wheels should fall off then. If the GoP is paying attention. IF…. a big IF.

147. 4_Sticks
    151 | January 22, 2013 12:31 am

Well, might as well cap off this dead thread on topic:

I was brought up right, taught the old adage:

“If you don’t have anything nice to say about someone, don’t say anything at all”

(crickets)

148. poteen
    152 | January 22, 2013 12:55 am

Kurt Schlichter spanked Josh Marshall in a twitfight about gun control.

This is from the comments at Twitchy on that exchange.
    Thought you might like it.

Catchance • 2 days ago

The phrase “Nancy Boy” is an interesting one, and I believe it perfectly describes those effete, girly-men, like Josh Marshall, who are too afraid of getting hurt to want to learn how to defend themselves and their families. “Coward” is another good phrase, and perhaps describes them even better. They are the ones who lie down and give up at the first sign of trouble, or worse, collaborate with the enemy, and then later bleat that they had no choice. They would do well in France

149. 153 | January 22, 2013 3:39 am

Under the catagory of “How bad is it?”…

I’ve been checking suppliers recently to see if I can catch them with a fleeting bit of “necessary supplies.” Without luck, I may add. Well, no change this morning. So on a lark, I decided maybe I should just get some extra stock of the most plentiful thing on the planet -- .22 LR.

LuckyGunner.com has NO .22 LR available. This isn’t funny any more…

154 | January 22, 2013 5:36 am

Gates of Vienna has escaped the GoogleGulag and is now at http://gatesofvienna.net/

Update your links.

155 | January 22, 2013 5:37 am

@ Mike C.:

I couldn’t believe it, I want to shoot at Scottsdale Gun Club on Friday and all the .22LR bulk packs were gone.

This is getting to be insane.

152. 156 | January 22, 2013 5:55 am

@ The Osprey:

This is getting to be insane.

Roger that. Going to the range is starting to look out of the question. An anecdotal report from the SHOT show with a representative of Federal is that their ammo production is fully booked to outstanding orders through 2015. And that’s at three shifts, with the machinery running 24/7/365.

Boy, but do I wish Mr. Peabody would loan me the keys to The Wayback Machine….