Bozell: The Media’s Favorite Fake Republicans

by Mars ( 103 Comments › )
Filed under Blogmocracy, Conservatism, Corruption, Free Speech, government, Guest Post, Media, Patriotism, Political Correctness, Politics, Progressives, Republican Party, The Political Right, Theocratic Progressives, Tranzis at January 22nd, 2013 - 6:00 pm

I was just going to post this link on another thread, but this is way too good and important for a quick hit and run.  This is how the press works.  They like to parade a line of “Republicans” to the public to attack and discredit the rest of the party.  This is why change is so hard to do from within.  We have these enemies within the party.  The elites.  The people who basically agree with everything the Democrats want, they just have a different timetable.  The clowns who are willing to destroy the party for their own gain, so they can keep attending all the press parties and socialite gatherings.  Then we get hit from the other side from Republicans who decide that for some reason, their personal opinion on moral and religious issues should be spoken as if they are going to come down on anyone who violates these issues.   If they aren’t false flag plants in the party, then they are sure as hell missing their calling.

This article deals with the first kind of Republican traitor.  The Republican concern troll.  You can always identify them by this phrase “I am a Republican but…”.

Bozell: The Media’s Favorite Fake Republicans

The Republican Party is desperately in need of some good advice. It needs to return to Ronald Reagan conservatism and give America a two-party system, not a tinny echo of Obama. But our liberal media keep desperately inviting fake Republicans to offer advice to the GOP.

They want to create a new Republican Party, one that rejects the principles of the man who championed freedom.

Exhibit A: New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. The Jan. 14 Washington Post insisted on the front page: “Bloomberg wants change in the GOP.” Post reporter Jason Horowitz noted, “America’s most prominent and deep pocketed advocate for gun control would rather rehabilitate Republicans than oust them.”

What? Republicans are criminals in need of rehabilitation? The analogies get worse. Supporting the Bill of Rights is like supporting … segregation and slavery. Democrats don’t like Bloomberg trying to reform Republicans instead of defeat them, reported Horowitz. But “Bloomberg counters that just as Democrats were once the party of slavery and segregation, the pro-gun GOP is now ripe for moderation.”

The new Republican Party is always “ripe for moderation” — overripe to the point of turning moldy and smelly, like a forgotten fruit in the back of your refrigerator.

In the same story, Horowitz quotes Bloomberg as saying, “You have to change the people in the House,” and reports Bloomberg wants to use his new super PAC to run ads against Second Amendment defenders: “This guy or woman is in favor of leaving guns in the hands of crazy people who can kill your kids.”

Please remember this is the same “moderate” Bloomberg who journalists hailed for a “No Labels” campaign for civility in government.

Exhibit B: Colin Powell, who voted for Obama twice, but still insists he’s a Reagan Republican. Indeed, since becoming a Republican, all he’s done is criticize the GOP. NBC brought him on “Meet the Press” to declare, “If it’s just going to represent the far right-wing of the political spectrum, I think the Party is in difficulty. I’m a moderate but I’m still a Republican.”

Powell thinks he’s a Republican, and the GOP has an “identity problem.” But the “identity problem” is Powell’s — voting for Obama is neither Republican nor “moderate.” Today’s Republican establishment isn’t to the right of Reagan. It is to the left of the man who won one of the largest landslides in history with an unequivocal conservative agenda.

NBC host David Gregory at least suggested to Powell he wasn’t very Republican before cuing up his endless 600-plus-word answer. But he offered no challenge as Powell attacked the “dark vein of intolerance” coming from Sarah Palin and other conservatives. Powell lashed into Palin for saying Obama was “shucking and jiving” on Benghazi, but he said nothing about Biden insisting Republicans want blacks “back in chains.” Powell voted for Biden, twice, too.

In the next segment, Gregory turned Powell’s indictment on former RNC chairman Haley Barbour: “He talks about a deep vein of intolerance within the Party. How did that sit with you?” Barbour not only failed to defend today’s GOP on racism, he repeated that Powell the Obama Voter fits in the Republican “mainstream.” Worse yet, Gregory asked Republican consultant Mike Murphy: “You’ve had a lot of these similar critiques. Your thoughts about Colin Powell this morning?”

Murphy said he was happy to hear Powell’s “still a Republican,” and “I’d invite him to come back home and help us modernize and strengthen the party. We could use him.”

Mike Murphy and his friends in the media are on the very same page: To “modernize” the Republican Party is to put conservatism through a shredder. On NBC back in November, Murphy warned if “we don’t modernize conservatism, we can go extinct … We’ve got to get kind of a party view of America that’s not right out of Rush Limbaugh’s dream journal.”

By the by, how does one “modernize” principles?

Limbaugh’s dream is Reagan’s dream. You can’t be against Rush and for Reagan.

In 2004, these same TV “news” people denounced Sen. Zell Miller for ripping his former party at the GOP convention. NBC’s Andrea Mitchell denounced him for “a red meat speech, in fact a raw meat speech, which in fact misstates a lot of Kerry’s record.” On ABC, George Stephanopoulos whined, “Zell Miller was on a tirade. I mean, he was red faced, red meat for the red states.” On MSNBC, both Chris Matthews and David Gergen compared Miller to “axe wielding segregationist” Democrat Lester Maddox.

Our transparently partisan media elite believes only one party should be embarrassed for its alleged extremism. Only one party must moderate or die. The Republicans must always move left. The liberal media is always holding up a plastic cup of “compromise” Kool-Aid and demanding the GOP drink up. Republicans should listen to this advice, knowing the correct response is always to do the opposite.

L. Brent Bozell III is the president of the Media Research Center.

COPYRIGHT 2013 CREATORS.COM

Tags: , , ,

Comments

103 Responses to “Bozell: The Media’s Favorite Fake Republicans”

1 | January 21, 2013 8:30 am

John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Richard Lugar, Chuck Hagel, Scott Brown -- all are the type of Republicans that the media loves, until (like McCain) they run against a Democrat.

2. 2 | January 21, 2013 9:10 am

@ Speranza:

And the people of Arizona are forced to re-elect السناتور ماكين, lest they put in a Demo☭rat.

3. Mars
    3 | January 22, 2013 6:20 pm

To me Bozell really blew it out of the water with this one. He’s expressing what has really been bothering me about the republicans the last couple years. Now the question is: how many are just idiots, how many are doing this for political gain, and how many are actual liberal plants.

4 | January 22, 2013 6:23 pm

I just sent Mitch McConnell an email today telling him I’m tired of Republicans rolling over to Obama, the Democrats and the Media like a bunch of whipped dogs, to hold the line against Harry Reid’s attempts to scuttle the filibuster and to stop any Democrat efforts at gun control. We’ll see how that goes.

5. Mars
    5 | January 22, 2013 6:26 pm

@ The Osprey:
    I love sending emails to my senators. /

Actually it pisses me off, I send them a well thought out email with all my points laid out logically. What do I get for an answer? A fucking form letter, none of which have actually addressed anything I have stated in my letter. I don’t know what pinheads are in charge of answering these, but I have yet to get a reply even vaguely connected to the issues I was asking about.

6 | January 22, 2013 6:29 pm

@ Mars:

I sent an actual letter to Clinton once. I don’t remember what it was about, but I got a form letter back “thanking me for my support” on whatever issue it was.

I’m pretty sure they didn’t even read it, because I opposed their position.

7 | January 22, 2013 6:45 pm

I don’t remember what it was about

Hopefully you were good and trashed, and didn’t hold back!:twisted:

8 | January 22, 2013 6:48 pm

@ Bumr50:

Why don’t my smilies ever work here? :(

9. song_and_dance_man
    9 | January 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Mars wrote:

IT’s been bothering me since ‘W’ was elected. At first I thought he would make a fine conservative president, but after his capitulation to the Left, through Kennedy, with the No Child Left Behind act I knew we were in deep Bantha Poodoo. And I think Powell was chosen for the admin because George knew he was a RINO.

10 | January 22, 2013 7:03 pm

Like most of the bloogers here, I didn’t watch any of the imaculation extravaganza yesterday, and have no idea what Obongo said. However, I’ve just found out that his main speech included Neville Chamberlain’s famous appeasement phrase “Peace in our time”. Here it is on YouTube. Starts at about 13.05.

We will support democracy from Asia to Africa, from the Americas to the Middle East, because our interests and our conscience compel us to act on behalf of those who long for freedom. And we must be a source of hope to the poor, the sick, the marginalized, the victims of prejudice. Not out of mere charity, but because peace in our time requires the constant advance of those principles that our common creed describes.

11 | January 22, 2013 7:03 pm

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious.
    But it cannot survive treason from within.
    An enemy at the gates is less formidable,
    for he is known and carries his banner openly.
    But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely,
    his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys,
    heard in the very halls of government itself.
    For the traitor appears not a traitor;
    he speaks in accents familiar to his victims,
    and he wears their face and their arguments,
    he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men.
    He rots the soul of a nation,
    he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars
    of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer
    resist.
    A murderer is less to fear.
    The traitor is the plague.”

Marcus Tullius Cicero
    (106-43 B.C.) Roman Statesman, Philosopher and Orator
    Source: Attributed. 58 BC, Speech in the Roman Senate

I’m not afraid to replace a RINO with a D’Rat.
    RINOs are the greater of two evils.

12 | January 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Great. Just what everybody needs, WWIII. :evil:

13. song_and_dance_man
    13 | January 22, 2013 7:07 pm

@ huckfunn:

I’m not surprised since he is just like Neville in that he thinks the New Nazi’s (Islam) intends no ultimate war. I guess he thinks, like Kerry did when the first attack occurred at the WTC, attacks on American interests are just a nuisance. Benghazi is the latest example. Also the fact that he is orchestrating military help to the radicals in the so called Arab Spring.

14. eaglesoars
    14 | January 22, 2013 7:08 pm

Bozell forgot one: condi Rice

Mars wrote:

I don’t know what pinheads are in charge of answering these,

Interns. Not even full time staffers, especially during the summer.

15 | January 22, 2013 7:09 pm

the primary motivation of elected officials is to stay in office regardless of ideology or principle…holding office is more valuable than governing…both parties…so, to me, all these labels mean nothing, window dressing for the masses…it’s a game, a competition and you’d better have good hair to succeed…we are an afterthought

16. eaglesoars
    16 | January 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Mars wrote:

I send them a well thought out email with all my points laid out logically.

Did you send the email to the elected representative or to a particular staffer? If you sent it to the rep, -- blech. Call the office and ask for the name and email address of the staffer that deals with the issue you’re interested in. CC: the rep.

We have what we call ‘yellow books’ that are revised every quarter that give us that info.

If you can’t find out who in the office is the best contact let me know. If that staffer exists, I’ll find him/her.

17 | January 22, 2013 7:16 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    @ song_and_dance_man:
    I don’t think BO-hole is even aware of the historic reference point for what that phrase has come to mean. He’s really that ignorant. However, it is wonderful irony that in his ignorance he would use Chamberlain’s most famous phrase to summarize his own failed foreign policy.

18 | January 22, 2013 7:21 pm

BO is an idiot…there is not one shred of any brilliance anywhere…anybody that tries to point out some higher thought or achievement is is stupid, lying or both

19. eaglesoars
    19 | January 22, 2013 7:23 pm

with the No Child Left Behind act

I don’t know why I think this, but I always thought Laura Bush was the one behind that.

Dumbest thing I ever saw. NCLB, not Laura

20. song_and_dance_man
    20 | January 22, 2013 7:24 pm

heysoos wrote:

I think you’re right about that. I’m sure when they first get there they are motivated by idealism, but quickly find that thrown out by the already jaded. Tow the line or we will help an opponent oust you.

21. song_and_dance_man
    21 | January 22, 2013 7:24 pm

@ eaglesoars:

You mean the Act or the name?

22 | January 22, 2013 7:25 pm

at this moment the Sandias next to ABQ are glowing a bright hot pink…it’s really quite cool, and not a natural color I’ve ever seen elsewhere…Sandia is Spanish for watermellon

23. eaglesoars
    23 | January 22, 2013 7:26 pm

@ eaglesoars:

You mean the Act or the name?

The Act.

Sandia is Spanish for watermellon

Srsly? Learn sumthin’ every day……….

24. song_and_dance_man
    24 | January 22, 2013 7:27 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

@ huckfunn:
    Great. Just what everybody needs, WWIII.

You know. If it shifted the political paradigm that we are now existing under, that is more specifically the way the Constitution is being deconstructed, and societal culture is degrading and slouching towards ever increasing immorality then…

25 | January 22, 2013 7:28 pm

heysoos wrote:

BO is little more than the Organ Grinder’s Monkey. His only real job is to keep us distracted so we don’t have the time to look for his Masters. They are the ones playing the tunes, not the dancing monkey that everyone is watching…

26 | January 22, 2013 7:28 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

with the No Child Left Behind act
    Dumbest thing I ever saw. NCLB, not Laura

Ted Kennedy was behind it.

Bush just went along.

27 | January 22, 2013 7:30 pm

heysoos wrote:

yup, like a street gang..head down, mouth shut, do what you’re told and open your pockets when the favors roll in…the spirit of governing the right way, the faith given the American people has been raped…govt, with all their brute stink, impose on us and most people don’t seem to mind

28 | January 22, 2013 7:30 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

@ huckfunn:
    Great. Just what everybody needs, WWIII.

The sooner we crash and burn, the sooner we can start rebuilding.

29 | January 22, 2013 7:32 pm

heysoos wrote:

Just had the same effect at Sierra Blanca. Looking at it through a 4 x 6 picture window as I write this.

30 | January 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

heysoos wrote:

right, he didn’t organize the machine…the machine organized him

31 | January 22, 2013 7:36 pm

huckfunn wrote:

heysoos wrote:

I always thought that was a really cool feature of the light out here…if you pay close attention, you see some very rare colors…here in ABQ you have about five minutes of peak color then it fades…you knew that

33 | January 22, 2013 7:38 pm

huckfunn wrote:

heysoos wrote:

Two words: Lake Powell. Spent a week there on a houseboat a few years ago. Nothing like it.

33. 34 | January 22, 2013 7:38 pm

Hello all,

Been a while, looking for work again in the blazing hot Obama economy. Anyway I published my first eBook on Amazon so I am looking for people to read and write a review. The name is Armageddon Now: The End of Once and Future War, following is a link to the book, or just search on the Title or my actual name which is Paul Trowbridge

35 | January 22, 2013 7:42 pm

huckfunn wrote:

huckfunn wrote:
    heysoos wrote:

oh yeah…all up through there is mind bending…sunset over the Grand Canyon is a once a lifetime must

36 | January 22, 2013 7:42 pm

Lake Powell

36. eaglesoars
    37 | January 22, 2013 7:42 pm

@ Jehu:

Wow! Hi! Thought you fell off the earth or something!

nice to see you again,

eagle, aka wahabicorridor

37. whosoever
    38 | January 22, 2013 7:43 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Hey EagleSoars, has anyone ever told you “you rock?”

38. song_and_dance_man
    39 | January 22, 2013 7:44 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

The Act.

It was actually a good Act and would have been great had Dub not allowed the Charter School Voucher provision to be stripped from it at the behest of the Left and Kennedy.

People have speculated just when the Reagan Revolution ended. In my opinion it ended with the election of GWB and his fumbling with the NCLBA was the last nail in the coffin.

Think about it. What would have happened if vouchers became available to American parents? There would have been a shift from public education to private schools. The private sector would have exploded and the public system would have been seriously degraded. The mighty Fed Teachers Unions would have been dealt a huge blow. And most importantly a large number of American children would have escaped the Liberal indoctrination they are sill receiving. The Left ha a hold of American academia, and Bush had a chance(and very likely the last chance we will ever get) of changing our society by wresting the hold the Left have on defining society at a base level.

Those children that are now still in the system that could have been broker would be close to entering adult society and second level education.

Bush blew it beg time in a way that is unforgivable with this issue and it was a fatal mistake that hurt us. I don’t know if you recall, but I started saying stuff like this over at 1.0 when Bush could still do no wrong, but I saw it and so did Rodan and a few others.

Another huge mistake Bush made is that he pushed the Congressional leaders to allow the Left to have an even share of power in the Congress when we held both Houses. We had the chance to smash them good. But no, W let his Compassionate Conservatism rule, with emphasis on the compassion, I blame him the death of Reaganism and the the cause of the disappointment and disenchantment of the Right, the swing of the (R)’s further to the middle and the subsequent election of the Chair.

39. whosoever
    40 | January 22, 2013 7:44 pm

And I didn’t know that was you, either (Wahabi..)

40. eaglesoars
    41 | January 22, 2013 7:45 pm

whosoever wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    Hey EagleSoars, has anyone ever told you “you rock?”

I think that’s why they got me that stupid chair with the curved runners on it.

42 | January 22, 2013 7:46 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

whosoever wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    Hey EagleSoars, has anyone ever told you “you rock?”

I think that’s why they got me that stupid chair with the curved runners on it.

L :lol: L

42. song_and_dance_man
    43 | January 22, 2013 7:46 pm

@ Jehu:
    Hey Jehu. Good to see you. Count on me to read your book.

44 | January 22, 2013 7:47 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

whosoever wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    Hey EagleSoars, has anyone ever told you “you rock?”

I think that’s why they got me that stupid chair with the curved runners on it.

I’ll bet it handles great in the snow tho

44. 45 | January 22, 2013 7:50 pm

Thanks eaglesoars, and song man. Been busy writing this book, have a couple of others in the wings, lots of work, plus having to keep looking for work in this wrecked economy. I did not want my later years to be the deathwatch of America. Sons of bitches anyway. I feel like Charleton Heston at the end of Planet of the Apes, when he sees the ruined Statue of Liberty.

45. song_and_dance_man
    46 | January 22, 2013 7:52 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Lake Powell is a beautiful place. If you ever get the chance visit Canyonlands. It a smaller version of the Grand Canyon and looks like lake Powell without the lake.

46. Mars
    47 | January 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Jehu wrote:

I wish I had the self discipline to write and publish any of the hundreds of concepts I have put together over the years. Congrats on this, I’ll have to grab it when I can.

47. eaglesoars
    48 | January 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Jehu wrote:

Been busy writing this book,

I don’t have a kindle, I have a nook. Is it available for nook?

48. eaglesoars
    49 | January 22, 2013 7:57 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Yeah, it was pretty obvious at the time. If people had any doubt, that Arne Duncan killed vouchers for Wash D.C. schools should end it.

I’m surprised they haven’t tried to outlaw home schooling. I have a niece by marriage who has a masters in education and specialized in teaching children with special needs. She quit when it was time to send her son to school. She homeschools him.

50 | January 22, 2013 7:58 pm

dinner music..the great Peter Green

51 | January 22, 2013 7:59 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I’m surprised they haven’t tried to outlaw home schooling.

California did try to.

51. eaglesoars
    52 | January 22, 2013 8:02 pm

California did try to.

hunh. I missed that.

Well, it’s my NCIS nite, so I’ll see yinz later………..

52. 53 | January 22, 2013 8:03 pm

@ Jehu:
    Congratulations on your book. That’s great. I’m working on finally finishing my own book and publishing it online too.

53. song_and_dance_man
    54 | January 22, 2013 8:03 pm

@ Jehu:

You’re welcome. I see you’ve made some new entries on your blog. I go there once in a while just to see if you’ve written anything new.

55 | January 22, 2013 8:04 pm

just more liberal jihad against independent thought and behavior…
    for doing no more than question govt, I have become
    racist
    terrorist
    extreme
    bloodthirsty
    deranged

56 | January 22, 2013 8:04 pm

@ eaglesoars:

They tried to regulate it out of existence.

56. song_and_dance_man
    57 | January 22, 2013 8:06 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Here’s a free kindle to nook converter

57. song_and_dance_man
    58 | January 22, 2013 8:13 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

She quit when it was time to send her son to school.

We put our son in a private Christian school for grades K-6. Then he entered the public domain. By that time he was firmly grounded with Conservative principles and ignored any Lefty indoctrination that may have seeped. Also he entered 7th grade here in NM and the schools here are more conservative than Liberal. At the orientation meeting the students and the parents attended the school choir sang a patriotic song and a spiritual song that even mention the name (gasp) Jesus.

59 | January 22, 2013 8:14 pm

‘Cats should be banished from New Zealand’ says campaigner who fears for future of native birds

A blogger in New Zealand has caused national outrage after he started a campaign to rid the country of cats.

Gareth Morgan, an economist and well-known businessman, set up the website called ‘Cats To Go’ and called on his countrymen to make their current moggy their last in order to save the nation’s unique bird species.

But the environmental advocate has triggered a claws-out backlash with his anti-feline campaign.

The website, which displays a picture of a tiny kitten with red devil’s horns, reads: ‘That little ball of fluff you own is a natural born killer.’

He doesn’t recommended people euthanize their cats although ‘that is an option’ according to the site.

But he does call for cat owners to neuter them instead and not replace when they die.

Morgan also suggests people keep cats indoors and that local governments make registration mandatory.

59. Mars
    60 | January 22, 2013 8:17 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Here’s a free kindle to nook converter

An everything to everything converter. Calibre is the one of the first programs I install on any computer or when I have to reformat.

60. song_and_dance_man
    61 | January 22, 2013 8:18 pm

The blogger is obviously not a Korean emigrant.

62 | January 22, 2013 8:18 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Here’s a free kindle to nook converter

Thanks for posting that. Mrs. Funn and I have both a Nook and a Kindle.

63 | January 22, 2013 8:20 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Why, it was just like the Gettysburg Address. Chris Matthews said so. Repost:

“Four years and six trillion dollars ago, our Administration brought forth a huge deficit, conceived in arrogance and dedicated to the proposition that all who do not support me shall pay what I determine to be their fair share.

Now we are engaged in a great experiment, testing whether the Constitution, or any portion of the Constitution I have not yet wiped myself on, can endure my second Administration. It is altogether appalling that I can do this.

But, in a larger sense, it is not I who has rended, it is not I who has trashed, it is not I who has discarded that document. The low-information voters I bribed with other people’s money, and the nonexistent voters whom my campaign called into temporary being, are the ones who have made this work of destruction possible far beyond my limited-attention-span power to destroy the nation I was elected to serve.

The world will glow with schadenfreude at the prospect of America laid low, but it will never forget its gratitude to you who made my Administration possible. It is for us, in the meantime, to dedicate ourselves to the great work before us; to resolve that this debt so uselessly acquired shall not shrink, but grow, and that this land under my rogue administration shall have a new burst of spending, so that the substitution of free stuff for freedom shall not perish from the earth.”

63. 64 | January 22, 2013 8:22 pm

eaglesoars…I will be putting it up on Barnes and Noble within a month. Mars…just start writing, don’t worry about formatting or grammar, just get it written, then clean it up, run it through the grammar checker and a spell check. Then Amazon has very simple and explicit instructions to get it up in Kindle format. Remember to make a Table of Contents. MS Word does it automatically, plus it has a pretty good grammar and spell check. Look at other Kindle books for the format. Genrally Right-Left Justified, with no space between paragraphs, but first line indented. Word has a preset style that will give you the indented paragraphs with no space. Word will allow you to get way fancy if you like. Also you need to have a cover, a picture or artwork that catches the eye.

65 | January 22, 2013 8:25 pm

A lot of people who really love their cats will shriek and scream like crazy, but he’s absolutely correct about the predatory nature of cats. They are eating machines. “Domestic” cats have wiped out more small native species of birds, rodents and reptiles than any other critter.

65. 66 | January 22, 2013 8:25 pm

That was a great spoof on the Gettysburg address, was that buzzsaw or huckfunn?

66. song_and_dance_man
    67 | January 22, 2013 8:26 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Mrs. Funn and I

I’m still getting used to that. /

68 | January 22, 2013 8:27 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Yessir. You may have missed it but I recommended that you be Mentioned in Despatches about 4 comments after you posted it yesterday. HUZZAH!

69 | January 22, 2013 8:28 pm

Jehu wrote:

That was a great spoof on the Gettysburg address, was that buzzsaw or huckfunn?

That was Buzz.

69. song_and_dance_man
    70 | January 22, 2013 8:29 pm

Jehu wrote:

That was a great spoof on the Gettysburg address, was that buzzsaw or huckfunn?

It was buzz. He put it in a quote box, since he is quoting himself.

70. 71 | January 22, 2013 8:30 pm

I would like to see a news anchor read Buzz’s speech. But then I would like them to investigate Mr. Ben Ghazi and Fast and Furious also.

72 | January 22, 2013 8:32 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Mrs. Funn and I

I’m still getting used to that. /

Me too! 30 years in less than a month. I’m just about there. :mrgreen:

72. song_and_dance_man
    73 | January 22, 2013 8:40 pm

huckfunn wrote:

30 years in less than a month

That is great. Congrats, really.

I wanted the same but it didn’t happen.

73. song_and_dance_man
    74 | January 22, 2013 8:42 pm

bbiam or so. Beer run

75 | January 22, 2013 8:52 pm

a personal favorite…encore

76 | January 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Thanks, guys. I was busy today, so I missed the Official “Neo-Gettysburg Address” thread.

76. unclassifiable
    77 | January 22, 2013 8:59 pm

OT:

So huck what’s the chance we will be in the middle of shootstorm central at the NRA Convention in May.

Feel like kicking some OFA butt?

78 | January 22, 2013 9:01 pm

a personal favorite…encore

Excellent! This one is sort of obscure. David Lindley and Ry Cooder; Old Coot From Tennessee. Some serious pickin’

78. song_and_dance_man
    79 | January 22, 2013 9:03 pm

@ heysoos:
    I’ve sang this song in church umpteen times. Nice axe. A mini 12 string and a slide to boot. Nice.

80 | January 22, 2013 9:03 pm

@ huckfunn:
    cool song…Lindley is way under rated…he’s a big dog in his world, a real trooper who plays for love, not money

80. song_and_dance_man
    81 | January 22, 2013 9:05 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Sounds like a Dobro is being used.

82 | January 22, 2013 9:06 pm

@ heysoos:

if it has strings, guys like Lindley and Cooder can play it…and they both dig rare, obscure instruments

83 | January 22, 2013 9:07 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

OT:

Feel like kicking some OFA butt?

You bet! Did you get my email?

83. song_and_dance_man
    84 | January 22, 2013 9:08 pm

if it has strings

I think that’s right. It didn’t sound like a 12 string, but it clearly is. That would have been unique because I can’t recall ANY song where the axeman plays a slide on a 12 banger.

85 | January 22, 2013 9:11 pm

if it has strings

if it has strings

those guys dream up all sorts of ways to play and sounds to get…it was Cooder that taught Kieth Richards open tuning…the rest is history

86 | January 22, 2013 9:11 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Sounds like a Dobro is being used.

Could be. This one, too. Ry Cooder does the closing song for a cool movie, Goin’ South.

86. song_and_dance_man
    87 | January 22, 2013 9:11 pm

@ heysoos:
    Here’s something light and not blues. But fun nonetheless.

One man acoustic rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody.

88 | January 22, 2013 9:14 pm

@ huckfunn:
    absolutely a steel guitar or Dobro…no question

89 | January 22, 2013 9:16 pm

When Kittens are outlawed, only Outlaws will have Kittens.

(Couldn’t resist. :lol: )

90 | January 22, 2013 9:17 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    bad hair

90. unclassifiable
    91 | January 22, 2013 9:17 pm

@ huckfunn:

Yup it was in the Junk folder. Hmmmmm.

Oh well.

Anyway I am really hoping those human twigs known as hipsters try to block the entrances. I’d like to Earl Campbell them.

BTW sent one back at you so look in your junk/spam folder since it looks like all of the SMTP/POP servers seem to be programmed that way now:(

92 | January 22, 2013 9:19 pm

the resonator guitar…

92. song_and_dance_man
    93 | January 22, 2013 9:21 pm

it was Cooder that taught Kieth Richards open tuning

It’s amazing the connections between guitarists. I once jammed with Eddie V at an after gig party. That was back when they were still doing local concerts at high schools and parties.

Satriani gave Vai lessons when he was still a young teen. And of course you must recall the link I posted about Beaver and Krause and how they introduced the Moog and synthesizers to the rock elite.

93. song_and_dance_man
    94 | January 22, 2013 9:23 pm

@ heysoos:
    Did you watch the Rory vid I posted the other night? To me he had the best slide on the pro circuit.

95 | January 22, 2013 9:24 pm

@ huckfunn:

That’s my impression of Lindley. Same with Cooder. They’ve both been out there for a long time but I don’t see any real effort at self promotion.

96 | January 22, 2013 9:26 pm

See y’all on the morrow.

97 | January 22, 2013 9:26 pm

it was Cooder that taught Kieth Richards open tuning

yeah, the anthology of all that really intrigues me…when you watch Buddy Guy play, you are watching 100yrs of music evolution, a direct descendant of Robert Johnson himself

97. unclassifiable
    98 | January 22, 2013 9:26 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Good night buzz.

99 | January 22, 2013 9:27 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    @ heysoos:
    @ heysoos:
    probably missed it…the cat is retro…he’s got it, and like Joe B he can shred

100 | January 22, 2013 9:30 pm

huckfunn wrote:

@ huckfunn:

Cooder is a national treasure…he has done more to promote and preserve roots music than anyone alive…except maybe Taj Mahal

100. song_and_dance_man
    101 | January 22, 2013 9:37 pm

How about the Dixie Dregs.

A fusion of prog, country, rock into a unique sound. Reminds me of a rockier version of Return to Forever.

101. 102 | January 22, 2013 9:38 pm

New Thread.

102. Fritz Katz
    103 | January 23, 2013 12:47 am

You can always identify them by this phrase “I am a Republican but…”.

Laura Ingraham calls them the Butt Monkeys ’cause there’s always a butt in what they have to say.