Earworm OOT

by Macker ( 11 Comments › )
Filed under Entertainment, Music, OOT, Open thread at January 23rd, 2013 - 11:00 pm

Sometimes these are quite enjoyable, other times they are a real annoyance, especially when you’re trying to concentrate on working, which is where this particular Earworm bit me:

While I really like this song, it nevertheless got to me. So let’s hear (or see) some of your favorite earworms. This is The Overnight Open Thread!

Tags:

Comments

11 Responses to “Earworm OOT”

1. AZfederalist
    1 | January 23, 2013 11:50 pm

Weird Al songs do that to me. “Jedi”, “Yoda”, and “I Love Rocky Road” really do that.

/Yeah, I know, weird.

2. Fritz Katz
    2 | January 23, 2013 11:55 pm

… Catch the blue train. All the way to Kokomo …

Having just spent last year in Kokomo, I love the synchronicity. So strange people like the sound so much they sing songs about the place — the Beach Boys song being the most famous.

However, the real Kokomo is a nitty-gritty dirt city.

3. Xeon
    3 | January 24, 2013 12:12 am

For me, the most common one is “Mrs. Brown, You’ve got a Lovely Daughter”, I do not know why. The worst one is “Henry the Eighth” because of its monotony, second verse, same as the first and all that.

4. Moe Katz
    4 | January 24, 2013 12:22 am

@ Fritz Katz:

Kokomo Arnold -- Milk Cow Blues

5. Moe Katz
    5 | January 24, 2013 12:58 am

Re: U.S. to allow women in military combat roles.

Take my wife please

6. Fritz Katz
    6 | January 24, 2013 1:10 am

Listening again to the song brings back several weird Kokomo memories for me.

Driving home past a cemetery in Kokomo after midnight I looked out the window and many of the graves were lit up. Really creepy. I stopped my car, got out, and wandered out among the graves. This was the first time I became aware of a strange new custom Americans have for honoring/comforting/caring for their dead. Simple flowers, even the plastic ones that don’t rot, are no longer good enough. Now your long-dead Grandma can have a light over her grave to comfort her during the long night. For a few dollars more, you can have your dearly departed loved one’s grave wired with a 12V system to keep a small light on all night.

Tom Bodett’s Motel 6 advert: “We’ll leave the light on for you” takes on a whole new meaning.

Wait, did you hear that
    Oh this is sure stirring up some ghosts for me
    She said “There’s one thing you’ve got to learn
    Is not to be afraid of it.”
    I said “No, I like it, I like it, it’s good.”
    She said “You like it now
    But you’ll learn to love is later.”

I been spellbound -- falling in trances
    You give me shivers -- chills and fever
    I been spellbound -- somewhere down the crazy river

Want to see that cemetery in daylight? Google maps streetview: “Albright Cemetery, Kokomo, IN”

7. Fritz Katz
    7 | January 24, 2013 1:27 am

@ Moe Katz:
    Hey Moe, I’ve heard from several people on the Blogmocracy that you and I are “litter-mates” since our last names are similar. Even “The Johnson” accused us of being related (a few seconds before he pulled out his banning stick). The evil toady “Jimah” confronted me in 2009 concerning you:

634 Fritz_Katz 5/01/09 8:22:28 pm -19
    re: #628 Jimmah

Fritz Katz, you have remarkably similar views to a certain
    Moe Katz that was banned from here last year.

I don’t think there’s any relation, but I’d have to ask my parents:
    Tom and Alley.

8. Moe Katz
    8 | January 24, 2013 1:34 am

Fritz Katz wrote:

@ Moe Katz:
    634 Fritz_Katz 5/01/09 8:22:28 pm -19
    re: #628 Jimmah
    Fritz Katz, you have remarkably similar views to a certain
    Moe Katz that was banned from here last year.
    I don’t think there’s any relation, but I’d have to ask my parents:
    Tom and Alley.

LOL! I was just reminiscing about Jimmah and his evil consort in an e-mail. My nic, by the way, refers to Finicky Morris of the Nine Lives cat food commercials. So sorry if I caused you to get the stick! :)

9 | January 24, 2013 1:45 am

MATT DRUDGE ‏@DRUDGE
    There will be over 3,500 killed in USA today from abortion. No flags lowered, no presidents crying. No media hyperventilating. Normal day.
    Retweeted by American Infidel

10. Fritz Katz
    10 | January 24, 2013 2:01 am

Moe Katz wrote:

Nope, I got the stick because I was standing up for one of my heroes. (A real man’s got to have heroes, otherwise he’s not a real man!). One of my heroes is Geert Wilders. And here a screen capture of the last few seconds I existed on the Little Green Footballs blog: http://fritzkatz.wordpress.com/

The reference to “Moe Katz” is near the end. The “[634] Fritz_Katz [deleted] 5/01/09 10:29:22 pm would have disappeared from the internet (and reality) if I had not captured it and placed it on my blog.

11. Moe Katz
    11 | January 24, 2013 2:22 am

Fritz Katz wrote:

Moe Katz wrote:

Thanks for that! Jimmah’s statement is also complete malarkey, you and I have different preoccupations and don’t really sound like each other at all. As a matter of fact, Charles the Fat didn’t ban me until I posted an old blog of his own that had become an embarrassment to him (“The Islamic State of Holland”) which I put up on the overnight thread with no comment of my own. I had managed to grab that one before he purged the archives.

Nytol