Appreciate the love of pets!

by Rodan ( 134 Comments › )
Filed under Caturday, Dog Day Afternoon, Ferret Friday, Open thread at January 24th, 2013 - 7:00 am

pets

Good morning everyone!

One of the great things about life are pets. Whether it’s a dog, cat, ferret, bird or alpaca these animals should be treated as treasure. Their ancestors were once wild animals who gave up their freedoms to be human’s companions. The unconditional love these creatures give their owners just leaves me in awe.

Pets are a direct connection to God’s love and he blesses those who love animals. To be responsible for an innocent being is a huge burden. But the reward is worth whatever small burden taking care of pets create.  The pure unconditional love a pet gives is worth it!

Love and appreciate your pet and do not dwell on the negativity of today’s events. When you see those furry creatures looking at you, hug and kiss them. Pets and their love are what is real and not the empty rhetoric of some politician.

Tags: ,

Comments

134 Responses to “Appreciate the love of pets!”

1. 1 | January 24, 2013 7:09 am

Rescue pets, especially, are great companions! One of our assorted felines is curled up between my arms on the desk. Typing around her isn’t easy, but she’s worth the effort. :)

2. 2 | January 24, 2013 7:42 am

@ mfhorn:

We have six rescue cats, and are fixing to adopt our first pure-bred cat, a Maine Coon. I love my pets. I don’t know where I’d be without them. They help when times get dark.

3. 3 | January 24, 2013 7:53 am

We’ve actually got 9 rescue cats.

Very true about their being there when things aren’t going right. I had plenty of ‘em here last year when I was recovering from the surgery. Didn’t ask for anything more than a scratch on the ear or just to curl up with me. Both dogs & cats are smarter than we give ‘em credit for. They know when you need them there.

4. MikeA
    4 | January 24, 2013 7:55 am

@ mfhorn:

All of our cats and our dog are rescues. They are great and my dog is definitely mine while the cats go toward my wife. At night watching TV, we are surrounded by “fur”.

5. 5 | January 24, 2013 8:03 am

We’ve no children but have never been without a dog; our breed of choice is Scottish Terrier and we’re on the third incarnation. The ancestors have been cremated and their urns occupy places of honor, complete with brass plaques.

They’re truly our gifts from God and how we treat them are a test of our humanity; if I meet someone who “doesn’t like” dogs or cats, I’m pretty much done with them from the beginning. I’m partial to dogs, but I have had cats when I was younger.

Upon the passing of my previous Scottie, MacDuff, I wrote this memorial. A week or so later, we welcomed our current Scottie, Higgins, to our home and I commemorated that event as well.

Thanks for this thread, Rodan, and thank God for our four-legged gifts.

6. 6 | January 24, 2013 8:27 am

@ mfhorn:

I worked with a guy who named his Westie “Lexapro” for obvious reasons….. :D

7. theoutsider
    7 | January 24, 2013 8:38 am

Maine Coons are the best cats in the world. I know you don’t value my opinion that much, I just thought I’d say say it.

8 | January 24, 2013 8:41 am

@ MacDuff:
    I like shihtzus.

9. 9 | January 24, 2013 8:42 am

MikeA wrote:

@ mfhorn:

All of our cats and our dog are rescues. They are great andd my dog is definitely mine while the cats go toward my wife. At night watching TV, we are surrounded by “fur”.

Our second Scottie was a rescue. My cousin’s wife worked for animal control an we had just lost our first Scottie, MacBeth. A couple of weeks after his passing, I heard a story on the news about an illegal breeding operation and they were mainly breeding terriers. She called me a couple of days later and said “we got Scotties”. I went down there and it was hideous; poor inbred dogs with deformed heads, matted, filthy animals in ill health, and…a pregnant Scottie. She had her litter and all but two died shortly after due to months of malnutrition of the mother and I got one of the pups.

His name was MacDuff and, in my eyes, he was a champion. So much so that I adopted him as my nic. Our current Scottie-child is Higgins and I love him dearly, but “the Duffer” occupied a special place because he was damned lucky to have even taken his first breath -- miracle dog.

10. 10 | January 24, 2013 8:50 am

@ theoutsider:

Thanks! The one we’ve bought is a Red Classic tabby. She is a beautiful cat. We get to pick her up around Valentine’s Day. I hope to make her into my own lap cat. All my cats are affectionate, but I don’t really have a lap cat yet.

11. 11 | January 24, 2013 8:52 am

Speranza wrote:

@ MacDuff:
    I like shihtzus.

A friend of mine had one, sweet little dog. I loved the big eyes and the face; just one look and I’d melt down.

I didn’t have Scotties as a child, but I always liked them and got one when I got married. My affinity for them stems from the fact that may parents (WWII veterandm both) had little glass and ceramic scotties (and a salt and pepper shaker) in the house and that was because of FDR’s Scottie, Fala. They were extremely popular with the WWII generation. I just was attracted to their shape.

A bit of Scottie trivia: FDR’s Fala is depicted in a statue of FDR in Washington and is the only dog to be represented in a national monument.

12. 12 | January 24, 2013 9:02 am

@ MacDuff:

Thank you. There is something spiritual about Pets.

13. 13 | January 24, 2013 9:07 am

theoutsider wrote:

Domestic animals have the strange power to unite people of radically divergent opinions and to even soothe the monstrous; even Hitler loved his dogs. If that isn’t the very definition of a Devine gift, I don’t know what is.

I’d hope that this thread can be a brief respite from the argument an tumult; we can all find common ground in our affection for our dogs and cats.

14. 14 | January 24, 2013 9:08 am

Democrats want to make gun makers open to civil liability:

House Democrats on Tuesday proposed legislation that would ease current law to allow people to file civil law suits against gun manufacturers and others in the industry when they act irresponsibly.

The Equal Access to Justice for Victims of Gun Violence Act, from Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), would amend the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA). According to Schiff, that 2005 law gives gun manufacturers, distributors and gun dealers immunity from most civil negligence and product liability actions.

Schiff said his bill is needed to allow suits to go forward when these entities are found to be negligent, or for product liability issues.

“Numerous cases around the nation have been dismissed on the basis of PLCAA even when the gun dealers acted in a fashion that would qualify as negligent if it involved any other product,” Schiff said in a letter to House colleagues seeking support for his bill. “The victims in these cases are denied the right to even discover and introduce evidence of negligence.

“My bill will reinstate the intent of PLCAA, allowing civil cases to go forward against irresponsible actors,” he added. “Letting courts hear these cases would provide justice to victims while creating incentives for responsible business practices that would reduce injuries and deaths. At the same time, my bill will provide protection for gun companies who are sued when they do not act negligently, which was the purpose of PLCAA.”

Schiff added that current law only protects the “worst actors in the industry,” and said that “good gun companies don’t need special protection from the law; bad companies don’t deserve it.”

Schiff’s bill is co-sponsored by 11 other house Democrats, including Budget Committee ranking member Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.).

They are also trying to go after “straw” purchasers, as though that would stop gun violence. What this shows is that they will go after guns any way they can think of. They aren’t concerned with what might actually impact crime rates. They are only concerned with getting the guns. I think someone should propose making it a felony crime to attempt to infringe on the rights recognized by the Second Amendment.

15 | January 24, 2013 9:09 am

gimme a mutt from the pound and i’m good.

16 | January 24, 2013 9:19 am

@ MacDuff:
    Good morning. No dog is going to the Ivy League anytime soon.
    But, they have a wisdom sbout them & can amaze.

17. 17 | January 24, 2013 9:21 am

They are only concerned with getting the guns.

They are close to establishing a dictatorship. Now comes the next stage, taking away guns.

18 | January 24, 2013 9:26 am

In case you missed it.

19. 19 | January 24, 2013 9:28 am

Today is my second anniversary; TWO YEARS off the cigarettes and counting.

20. 20 | January 24, 2013 9:29 am

@ MacDuff:

Congrats!

21. Prebanned
    21 | January 24, 2013 9:32 am

I used to think that when economic conditions got bad enough, people would vote for capitalism and economic freedom again.
    I do not believe that anymore because although Communism and Socialism both reduce standards of living, when democrats feel the pinch, they invariably push for more Communism.

22. 22 | January 24, 2013 9:35 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Thanks for that!

23. 23 | January 24, 2013 9:36 am

@ Prebanned:

Part of the problem is that the national GOP has no credibility. There’s no real alternative to the Democrats,

24. citizen_q
    24 | January 24, 2013 9:36 am

Interesting….

Does this mean I can now sue the distillery who made the booze the drunk driver drank causing his impairment when he hit our car killing my father, and putting my two brothers, uncle, and myself in the hospital for months?

May I sue the manufacture of the weapon known as a car that murdered my father and did grievous physical and psychological injury to me and my family?

May I sue the State of Maryland who tested and licensed the operator of the weapon used to devastate my family?

I had never considered responsibility past the person whose irresponsible actions caused the accident.

25. Prebanned
    25 | January 24, 2013 9:38 am

@ MacDuff:
    Good for you!

26 | January 24, 2013 9:41 am

And at the same time, Biden told the NRA that they “don’t have time” to prosecute people for making false statements on 4473s, which is the main way to do that.

And of course the ATF has probably set records for actually facilitating straw purchases, but that’s okay, I guess.

27. 27 | January 24, 2013 9:44 am

Prebanned wrote:

It is because they don’t feel the pinch of bad economic conditions. Longer unemployment, more food stamps, oh… and if when you do feel some pain well that is George Bush’s fault. Yay communism!

:roll:

28. Prebanned
    28 | January 24, 2013 9:47 am

I don’t really think very many people want a choice, they would rather starve than work.
    I think we have no choice about becoming poor.
    We really need to hang on to the second amendment if we want to be poor and free.

29 | January 24, 2013 9:47 am

mskelly wrote:

:roll:

precisely! the pain is not great enough to get the patient’s attention. he would rather be addicted to the pain killers than to have the pain fixed.

30. 30 | January 24, 2013 9:51 am

@ Prebanned:

I don’t agree with that. People do not trust the GOP nor take them serious. So they stick with Dems as a lesser of evils. It’s a matter of credibility.

31. Prebanned
    31 | January 24, 2013 9:53 am

mskelly wrote:

Prebanned wrote:

I know but look at USSR, people just suffered until the government collapsed.
    Maybe being killed had something to do with the lack of protests?
    China is still poverty and misery.
    In Greece they riot for more of the same, they will not be stopped.
    I figure we will spend until the government collapses and then what?
    Other countries rewrite thier Constitutions.
    God help us.

32 | January 24, 2013 9:57 am

Ah. So they’re trying to push, in increments, to hold gun manufacturers “strictly liable” on the grounds that they produce an inherently dangerous product—so that anyone harmed with a gun, whether legally owned or not legally owned, can sue the “deep-pockets” manufacturer on the grounds that the manufacturer is liable for manufacturing something that is inherently dangerous and for failing to prevent it falling into the wrong hands.

Goal: dry up the supply of weapons by bankrupting a couple of gun manufacturers in short order—while giving a payoff of gun-manufacturer’s money to some loud weepy baby-mama whose swain has been gunned down by an illegal weapon in a gangfight—and causing the rest to shut their doors.

33. Prebanned
    33 | January 24, 2013 9:58 am

I hear you but 8 million workers quit in the last 4 years.
    My own brother in law is committed to working part time and drawing unemployment as long as it holds up, my wife found him a full time gig and he turned it down.
    I can’t believe more people did not feel like voting against Obama, I almost think we deserve this.

34. citizen_q
    34 | January 24, 2013 9:59 am

Prebanned wrote:

I figure we will spend until the government collapses and then what?
    Other countries rewrite thier Constitutions.
    God help us.

Isn’t that the whole point of cloward-piven? Excepting hoping for divine intervention.

35. theoutsider
    35 | January 24, 2013 10:00 am

What did you think about Ron Johnson and Rand Paul yesterday? Obviously, Ron Johnson is an imbecile. Do you still think Rand Paul has a future beyond his senate seat?

36 | January 24, 2013 10:03 am

MacDuff wrote:

Shihtzu’s are very affectionate dogs.

37 | January 24, 2013 10:03 am

theoutsider wrote:

Obviously, Ron Johnson is an imbecile.

No, not obvious. Make it obvious.

38 | January 24, 2013 10:04 am

Speranza wrote:

Shihtzu’s are very affectionate dogs.

I wonder how many people here subscribe to the Shar Pei Image catalog.

39 | January 24, 2013 10:04 am

MacDuff wrote:

Today is my second anniversary; TWO YEARS off the cigarettes and counting.

Best thing you ever did! Congratulations.

40 | January 24, 2013 10:05 am

mskelly wrote:

I still believe that Obama won because the full effects of Obamaism were not felt by enough people.

41 | January 24, 2013 10:07 am

theoutsider wrote:

Obviously only in your mind Ron Johnson is an imbecile. The biggest imbecile in D.C. is one heart beat away from the oval office.

42 | January 24, 2013 10:08 am

Speranza wrote:

And, where felt, were often mis-analyzed on the basis of poor and sometimes outright false “information.”

43. 43 | January 24, 2013 10:08 am

POPE ON SOCIAL NETWORKING: THE VIRTUAL IS REAL

85 year old Pope Benedict XVI seems more in tune with the contemporary world than the Republican Party.

44 | January 24, 2013 10:08 am

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

No, not obvious. Make it obvious.

He saw sHrillary’s reflection in his cornea

45 | January 24, 2013 10:09 am

The confirmation hearings for john kerry are begining.
    Smear your fellow troops, collbarate with the enemy & you can rise
    in the Dem Party.

46 | January 24, 2013 10:09 am

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Speranza wrote:

Combine that with the low information voter and you get re-elected. Still I found it interesting that Romney won the white voters in the 18-29 age bracket.

47 | January 24, 2013 10:09 am

waldensianspirit wrote:

He saw sHrillary’s reflection in his cornea

I get the feeling I’m missing a major cultural reference here.

48 | January 24, 2013 10:10 am

The confirmation hearings for john kerry are begining.
    Smear your fellow troops, collbarate with the enemy & you can rise
    in the Dem Party.

McCain giving him a tongue bath yet?

49 | January 24, 2013 10:10 am

MacDuff wrote:

POPE ON SOCIAL NETWORKING: THE VIRTUAL IS REAL

Heh heh you are absolutely right.

50 | January 24, 2013 10:12 am

I love the way theoutsider will make a blanket statement and we are supposed to take it as gospel “Obviously Ron Johnson is an imbecile”. Umm back the truck up, let’s discuss that statement.

51 | January 24, 2013 10:13 am

The confirmation hearings for john kerry are begining.
    Smear your fellow troops, collbarate with the enemy & you can rise
    in the Dem Party.

dont EVER question the democrat’s patriotism!

52 | January 24, 2013 10:13 am

Shamelessly imported from C2:

Gun Control has already started at Cabela’s:

There was a bit of confusion at the Cabela’s Sporting Goods store this morning. When I was ready to pay for my purchases of gun powder and bullets the cashier said, “Strip down, facing me.” Making a mental note to complain to the NRA about the gun control wackos running amok, I did as she instructed. When the hysterical shrieking and alarms finally subsided, I found out she was referring to my credit card.

53. theoutsider
    53 | January 24, 2013 10:13 am

@ Speranza:
    So, You’re defending Ron Johnson? BTW, Joe Biden has been a really good VP.

54. quiet man
    54 | January 24, 2013 10:13 am

Don’t forget Horses…they also give true unconditional love…til someone abuses them, that is

55. theoutsider
    55 | January 24, 2013 10:14 am

@ Speranza:
    Let us discuss.

56 | January 24, 2013 10:15 am

Speranza wrote:

Now, if he’d said, “Obviously, Hillary Clinton is a lying, corrupt, patronizing, histrionic sack of shit who is seeking to evade responsibility by pretending to accept it,” he’d have a blanket statement worth agreeing with.

57 | January 24, 2013 10:17 am

Hey, CW—you saw the link yesterday, right?

You might also find the link in #18 above of interest.

58 | January 24, 2013 10:17 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:

That was the reason they passed that law in the first place. In the ’90s, the anti-gun groups shifted their strategy to filing frivolous lawsuits by the truckload, in an effort to bankrupt gun manufacturers. They almost never won, but that wasn’t the point.

There was one particularly absurd case that I remember from NY, where it wasn’t even known what brand of gun was used to shoot the victim. The answer: sue every major gun manufacturer who sold guns in the US. The jury ended up awarding the plaintiff damages from all of them, divided up according to their share of the market.

I’m pretty sure it was overturned on appeal, but it still cost them millions.

59. 59 | January 24, 2013 10:17 am

Speranza wrote:

theoutsider is a random talking point generator, no supporting statements will be forthcoming.

60 | January 24, 2013 10:18 am

@ Speranza:
    Let us discuss.

61 | January 24, 2013 10:18 am

MacDuff wrote:

theoutsider is a random talking point generator

Basically, a kazoo stuck in Chris Matthews’ ass and playing a tune to his farts.

62 | January 24, 2013 10:18 am

Speranza wrote:

The confirmation hearings for john kerry are begining.
    Smear your fellow troops, collbarate with the enemy & you can rise
    in the Dem Party.

McCain giving him a tongue bath yet?

It’s coming. Elizabeth Warren is now droning on.

63. 63 | January 24, 2013 10:19 am

@ theoutsider:

Rand Paul demolished Hillary. She had no response.

64 | January 24, 2013 10:22 am

@ Speranza:
    So, You’re defending Ron Johnson? BTW, Joe Biden has been a really good VP.

And really smart!/////

65. theoutsider
    65 | January 24, 2013 10:22 am

Are you kidding me? She laughed his backbencher off?

66 | January 24, 2013 10:22 am

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

In case you missed it.

i loves me some dead white guy writer!

King Lear:
    O, reason not the need: our basest beggars
    Are in the poorest thing superfluous:
    Allow not nature more than nature needs,
    Man’s life’s as cheap as beast’s:

music to mine ears!

67 | January 24, 2013 10:23 am

Rand Paul demolished Hillary.

A Ground Zero Mosque and 9/11 Convenience Store is scheduled to be erected on the site.

68. 68 | January 24, 2013 10:23 am

@ Speranza:

But he got killed with Non Whites young voters by larger margins than he woin young white voters. Republicans need to stop thinking getting more White voters are the answer. But I will not hold my breath on them changing this mentality until they suffer a massive 40 state loss.

It’s not that difficult to get a large segment of minority voters to turn against White Hipster Democrats. But Republicans are still stuck in the past and are doomed in the foreseeable future.

69. 69 | January 24, 2013 10:23 am

@ theoutsider:

Rand Paul demolished Hillary. She had no response.

He was the only Republican that was prepared and focused on the task at hand. He made a name for himself yesterday.

70 | January 24, 2013 10:24 am

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

histrionic sack of shit

that grouping of words makes me laugh!

71. 71 | January 24, 2013 10:24 am

theoutsider wrote:

Are you kidding me? She laughed his backbencher off?

He nailed her and she had no response. Even the Left is admitting he brutalized her. He pointed out some facts and she had nothing to say.

72 | January 24, 2013 10:24 am

theoutsider wrote:

Are you kidding me? She laughed his backbencher off?

Which only proves that she’s a sociopath, like her husband.

73 | January 24, 2013 10:24 am

The Dems showed no interest at all in investigating what
    actually happened in Benghazi.
    Their interest was in praising Hillary& diverting the hearing.

74 | January 24, 2013 10:25 am

music to mine ears!

Glad you liked it!

75. 75 | January 24, 2013 10:25 am

@ MacDuff:

He pointed out the wasted money the State Department could have used for security. Hillary did not expect this.

76. 76 | January 24, 2013 10:26 am

The Democrats know Americans do not care about Benghazi.

77 | January 24, 2013 10:26 am

off to wal*mart.

bbl!

78. 78 | January 24, 2013 10:27 am

theoutsider wrote:

Are you kidding me? She laughed his backbencher off?

She didn’t even have a response. None. Is that your definition of “laughing him off”?

79. 79 | January 24, 2013 10:27 am

She laughed because she was nervous. She had no answer to what Rand Paul said.

80. unclassifiable
    80 | January 24, 2013 10:27 am

Rodan,

I have a 10 year old female cat that has informed me that it is the other way around.

81 | January 24, 2013 10:28 am

MacDuff wrote:

theoutsider wrote:
    Are you kidding me? She laughed his backbencher off?

Remember, you’re talking about someone who thinks Joe Biden has done a good job as VP…

82 | January 24, 2013 10:28 am

The Democrats know Americans do not care about Benghazi.

Sad, but true.

83. 83 | January 24, 2013 10:28 am

@ unclassifiable:

I sometimes do wonder!

84. theoutsider
    84 | January 24, 2013 10:28 am

Some links? Name someone on the left that say he brutalized her?

85. unclassifiable
    85 | January 24, 2013 10:29 am

Visions of a burning Hillary 2016 sign in her head.

Fate -- sometimes it works!

86 | January 24, 2013 10:30 am

If you go by the comments from the Democrats on the panel, her main accomplishment as Secretary of State was racking up 1 million frequent flyer miles.

87. 87 | January 24, 2013 10:32 am

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

That is exactly the goal. They are going after guns in every way that they can, Constitution be damned. The only rights that deserve protection are Politically Correct rights. Like abortion on demand.

88. 88 | January 24, 2013 10:32 am

That’s what OFA tells him. I think Outsider is a OFA plant.

89. 89 | January 24, 2013 10:34 am

theoutsider wrote:

Some links? Name someone on the left that say he brutalized her?

You make this too easy!

90 | January 24, 2013 10:34 am

Joe Biden has done a superb job as VP: his manifest stupidity and penchant for making things up out of whole cloth have been so blatant that he has ensured nobody thinks about removing Obama without shuddering uncontrollably at the thought of “President Biden”; he has enabled Obama to appear intelligent, educated, and even almost well-mannered on rare occasions by providing such a grotesque example of stupidity, ignorance, and oafishness on a consistent basis; and he has provided Obama with plausible deniability by pulling “gaffes” such as blurting out support for same-sex marriage on command.

What more could Obama expect in a vice-president? Anyone who was not a half-senile hack content to wallow in his share of Stimulus graft would have organized an impeachment behind the scenes by now.

91 | January 24, 2013 10:34 am

Oh, look…the least-accomplished Senator in US history is sucking up to the committee.

Barf

92. unclassifiable
    92 | January 24, 2013 10:34 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Good thing they are so myopic. Carry this attittude with everything and they’ll be suing parents for their criminal kids and auto manufacturers for cars.

We’ll all be walking around sterilized at this rate.

93 | January 24, 2013 10:35 am

Barbara Boxer walked out of the room.

94. unclassifiable
    94 | January 24, 2013 10:36 am

Mr. Chairman, I would like to call “Jengis” Khan to testify…

95 | January 24, 2013 10:36 am

On MSNBC last night, Sen. Barbara Boxer admitted that she was furious after Sen. Rand Paul explained to Sec. Hillary Clinton yesterday that he would have fired her if he was president. Paul made the remarks during the Senate hearing on Clinton’s response to the Benghazi terror attacks.

“When I heard him say those words, I walked out of the hearing room, and listened to him behind the stage, because I was so infuriated at what that man said,” Boxer said.

I do think that Rand Paul struck a nerve.

96. 96 | January 24, 2013 10:36 am

The Left is now claiming Rand Paul is sexist. I guess questioning Leftist women is not allowed!

97. 97 | January 24, 2013 10:37 am

That apple fell far from the tree.

98. unclassifiable
    98 | January 24, 2013 10:38 am

Er um, Actually I think that person is President now.

99 | January 24, 2013 10:39 am

unclassifiable wrote:

We’ll all be walking around sterilized at this rate.

That’s the goal; zero population growth. Get rid of all the humans; the ones in the US, who believe in this thing called “individual liberty”, first.

You know, I remember the old “Man From UNCLE” series; there was always some evil genius who wanted to take over the world by wiping out the human race. Seemed kind of silly to me; what’s the good of the world without any of the people? But you know what? That really is the goal of the proggies of today, at bottom. They are all THRUSH, or SQUELCH, or whatever the acronyms were. Their self-hatred is so deep that they want to wipe out people—you and me first, of course, so they can enjoy the prospect of being the last to go, but they really want all the folks to go, including themselves. They are all Jim Jones at heart.

100 | January 24, 2013 10:39 am

That apple fell far from the tree.

Fortunately.

101. unclassifiable
    101 | January 24, 2013 10:40 am

That plant is getting too much fertilizer and not enough sunlight and water.

102. theoutsider
    102 | January 24, 2013 10:41 am

Noah Rothman? Are you kidding me? I guess that you’ve given up. Good day sir.

103. unclassifiable
    103 | January 24, 2013 10:43 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Well the traffic will be better…

Don’t have to wait for a table at my favorite restaurant…

50 yard line seats for the Super Bowl…

I dunno, maybe meet the elites halfway and just be put into suspended animation until they need us for something.

104. unclassifiable
    104 | January 24, 2013 10:44 am

It’s probably flatulence.

105. 105 | January 24, 2013 10:44 am

@ theoutsider:

Mediaite is a Leftist website. You are dishonest and just repeat OFA talking points.

106 | January 24, 2013 10:47 am

unclassifiable wrote:

Er um, Actually I think that person is President now.

I was looking at it on a per-year basis. Kerry’s been there since Obama was at Columbia, and accomplished about the same amount Obama did in his 144 days of showing up.

107 | January 24, 2013 10:48 am

You are dishonest and just repeat OFA talking points.

You’ve got a little redundancy there, I think…

108. theoutsider
    108 | January 24, 2013 10:48 am

Noah Rothman is a conservative propagandist. If anyone disagrees with that, check his history.

109 | January 24, 2013 10:49 am

Kerry’s biggest accomplishment in 29 years in the Senate was outliving Ted Kennedy, so he can finally be called the senior Senator from his state.

110. unclassifiable
    110 | January 24, 2013 10:52 am

Well he did marry into a shootpile of money.

111 | January 24, 2013 10:52 am

theoutsider wrote:

If anyone disagrees with that, check his history.

No: if you want to have a statement you make taken seriously, it is up to you to provide information that backs it up.

112 | January 24, 2013 10:53 am

Pretty soon, the grifter Fauxchohantas will take Kerry’s spot as the senior Senator from Mass.

Shows that the job doesn’t require much…

113. 113 | January 24, 2013 10:53 am

Provide links.

114 | January 24, 2013 10:53 am

unclassifiable wrote:

Well he did marry into a shootpile of money.

Twice, actually.

115 | January 24, 2013 10:57 am

unclassifiable wrote:

Well he did marry into a shootpile of money.

“Just a Gigolo”
    —Bing Crosby

116. 116 | January 24, 2013 10:59 am

Shows that the job doesn’t require much…

Ted Kennedy managed to do it blind drunk and on cocaine. I’d say it requires a warm body and not much else.

117. theoutsider
    117 | January 24, 2013 11:01 am

Go to Mediaite and read his columns Rodan, and you could figure it out. I thought you were smart enough to figure that out.

118 | January 24, 2013 11:02 am

New thread.

119. 119 | January 24, 2013 11:03 am

@ theoutsider:

I want proof he’s a Conservative. Mediate is a Progressive website. The onus is on you.

BTW your ugly hag Hillary will not be President in 2016. That is reserved for Deval Patrick.

120 | January 24, 2013 11:05 am

@ theoutsider:

Mediate is sort of similar to Politico and I agree with you on Hillary’s chances in 2016. She is fugly!

121 | January 24, 2013 11:08 am

fuck you

122. 122 | January 24, 2013 11:08 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:

You know that you’ve made a one-way trip into the rabbit hole when Conservatism, of any stripe, is regarded as ignorance or madness, and various plans for eliminating mankind on behalf of keeping pristine an otherwise insignificant rock is considered breathtaking intellectualism.

123 | January 24, 2013 11:12 am

@ MacDuff:
    Nicely put.

124. 124 | January 24, 2013 11:14 am

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

@ MacDuff:
    Nicely put.

Thanks, that’s particularly gratifying coming from you.

125 | January 24, 2013 11:23 am

MacDuff wrote:

Thanks, that’s particularly gratifying coming from you.

Aw, shux…

126 | January 24, 2013 11:27 am

She laughed because she was nervous. She had no answer to what Rand Paul said.

hillary smoked those morons yesterday. she ran them like dogs. classic counter interrogation techniques.

127 | January 24, 2013 11:30 am

Her “what difference does it make?” line actually managed to put her in the light of shining righteousness for the rube viewers who were largely unaware she was part of the gang who watched the Benghazi Four die in real time and lied about it all afterwards.

128 | January 24, 2013 11:35 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:

she owned those goofballs, rand included. let that be a learning opportunity for him

129 | January 24, 2013 11:41 am

It didn’t matter what was said; she’s leaving the job, so they can’t impeach her, they can’t bring criminal charges, they’re too all over the map to bring out her complicity in the whole debacle in a half-day of testimony.

Total fucking waste of time.

130. unclassifiable
    130 | January 24, 2013 11:43 am

I dunno he got off his shot in his preamble.

Nothing was going to happen because the real stuff is classified and she knew it.

However beyond the kabuki theater playing patty cake with AQ is pretty stupid.

131 | January 24, 2013 11:44 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:

A source who uses counter-interrogation techniques such as delaying, trying to control the conversation, or interrogating the HUMINT collector himself may––
    l Be an intelligence trained soldier.

l Be survival, evasion, resistance, and escape (SERE) trained.

l Be a terrorist.

l Have been a detainee or previously incarcerated.

or have been well coached on her delayed testimony…

132 | January 24, 2013 11:46 am

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Total fucking waste of time.

no, this was not a waste of time. this did exactly what it was planned to do, got the president out of hot water. it worked great. he skates and so does she.

the gop is useless.

133. unclassifiable
    133 | January 24, 2013 11:55 am

May I

give you

some hope brother?

134 | January 24, 2013 12:00 pm

There has got to be a Huma Abedin joke in there somewhere…