Canned Air OOT

by coldwarrior ( 120 Comments › )
Filed under OOT, Open thread at January 28th, 2013 - 10:00 pm

Ahhh, capitalism!

Canned air for sale in China, as blanket of smog returns

Entrepreneur Chen Guangbiao sells canned air to make a point about toll on environment.

Ready to inhale ... Chinese billionaire Chen Guangbiao with his canned fresh air.Ready to inhale … Chinese billionaire Chen Guangbiao with his canned fresh air. Photo: Yuan Jianmin

Beijing: A Chinese entrepreneur is selling fresh air in soft drinks cans, similar to bottled drinking water, as north China is once again choking in toxic smog.

Yes, the air is that bad in China, think Pittsburgh in the 1920′s. The point of this is that the Chinese government didn’t make this guy eat a bullet. Mao would have had him executed.  Progress? I think so.

SO, enjoy your smog free OOT!

Comments

120 Responses to “Canned Air OOT”

1 | January 28, 2013 10:02 pm

maybe some canned heat?

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0PjECSyJ7w

2 | January 28, 2013 10:06 pm

wicked good slide guitar

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw9xvy1DWsk

3. Mars
    3 | January 28, 2013 10:07 pm

If the cell phone crap that I talked about doesn’t make it clear, this does.

I think China will shortly be more capitalist than we are. We are headed downhill easily as fast as they’re headed up.

4 | January 28, 2013 10:13 pm

Mars wrote:

pretty neat how that works, huh?

5 | January 28, 2013 10:15 pm

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt5BVuIv4t8

6 | January 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Israeli Officials Say Huge Explosion Rocked Iran Nuke Facility…

hmm, maybe some serious damage

7 | January 28, 2013 10:26 pm

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvtkUd0kkhU

8. Moe Katz
    8 | January 28, 2013 10:30 pm

In Canada they have to unlock your phone for free but only at the end of the contract. They also have to enable a new phone at no charge if you supply another unit.

9. Moe Katz
    9 | January 28, 2013 10:34 pm

@ waldensianspirit:
    That story is unconfirmed and remains in doubt. Both the US and Iran have denied it. It would be nice, if true….

10 | January 28, 2013 10:34 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

Israeli Officials Say Huge Explosion Rocked Iran Nuke Facility…
    hmm, maybe some serious damage

zionist controlled suicide condor bomber, no doubt. with ‘hair rays’

11. Moe Katz
    11 | January 28, 2013 10:36 pm

We’ll see. No seismographic evidence yet, no satellite photos indicating any abnormality at the site.

12. Mars
    12 | January 28, 2013 10:37 pm

@ Moe Katz:
    That’s actually a great idea. I wish they would institute that here. It’s a well thought out capitalist solution. (Though I’m afraid it was probably mandated by the government.)

13. Mars
    13 | January 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

@ waldensianspirit:

It would be even nicer if it was done “under suspicious circumstances”.

14. Mars
    14 | January 28, 2013 10:39 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

Maybe it’s because it was supposed to be tomorrows headline. ///

15. Moe Katz
    15 | January 28, 2013 10:39 pm

@ Mars:
    Oh, yes, it’s an Act of Parliament.

16 | January 28, 2013 10:39 pm

@ Moe Katz:

yep. 48 hr rule i guess.

17 | January 28, 2013 10:41 pm

@ Moe Katz:

seriously, we cant have you operating all willy-nilly, you must stay in the ever shrinking ‘box of compliance’

18. Mars
    18 | January 28, 2013 10:42 pm

@ Moe Katz:

Must I report myself to the nearest Michelle Obama Dietary and Reeducation center?

19 | January 28, 2013 10:43 pm

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swX9oq6TVAU

20 | January 28, 2013 10:45 pm

Mars wrote:

no, that is too good for you, you non-compliant person.

off to bureaucratland ™ with you!

you will learn the intricacies and fine details of living in the ever shrinking ‘box of compliance’.

21. Mars
    21 | January 28, 2013 10:48 pm

Oh, well at least that is a guaranteed paycheck no matter my level of incompetence.

22 | January 28, 2013 10:51 pm

Here’s my favorite Roy Buchanan. Damn, but he was a picker!
    httpv://youtu.be/h8SOWoyDXdc

23 | January 28, 2013 10:51 pm

@ Mars:

ha! you have it backwards!

you pay to go to bureaucratland!

24. Mars
    24 | January 28, 2013 10:53 pm

What I think baffles me is this one facet: the Librarian of Congress. Someone we rarely hear about, yet he has the power to change something in place for 15 years, just arbitrarily. Something that has been upheld three times now (including the original act). Why does he hold this level of power? Why is there no appeal process or debate involved. Just how many government bureaucrats hold this kind of power without our knowledge?

He’s been in office since 87.

And yet we know so little about his level of authority.

25 | January 28, 2013 10:55 pm

@ huckfunn:

mmmmm…that’s nice.

26. Mars
    26 | January 28, 2013 10:55 pm

@ Mars:
    ha! you have it backwards!
    you pay to go to bureaucratland!

Damn I thought it let me become a bureaucrat.

27 | January 28, 2013 10:56 pm

@ Mars:

sounds like something for the lawdudes to work on.

28 | January 28, 2013 10:59 pm

@ Mars:
    ha! you have it backwards!
    you pay to go to bureaucratland!

Damn I thought it let me become a bureaucrat.

no power for you!

29. Mars
    29 | January 28, 2013 10:59 pm

@ Mars:
    sounds like something for the lawdudes to work on.

Yeah this is perplexing.

I do have a couple articles coming up so I think I’ll skip making this into one.

I’m going to do another Age of Narcissism post, and possibly another dealing with Obama and NeuroLinguistic Programming.

30 | January 28, 2013 11:02 pm

NeuroLinguistic Programming.

and phrenology

31 | January 28, 2013 11:04 pm

feelin’ a need for some jane’s addiction

click if ya want.

32. Mars
    32 | January 28, 2013 11:10 pm

NeuroLinguistic Programming.
    and phrenology

Funny.

No NLP is actually the basis of hypnotism and just plain good old con work. Unlike phrenology it is something that actually is used on a daily basis. Advertising is especially good at it. The won has a couple speech writers with quite a bit of skill in that area. And when he isn’t off teleprompter or Umming his way into idiocy, he’s actually pretty good at the speaking patterns.

33. Mars
    33 | January 28, 2013 11:11 pm

NeuroLinguistic Programming.
    and phrenology

Funny.

Essentially O is a pretty skilled Huckster.

34 | January 28, 2013 11:14 pm

Mars wrote:

Essentially O is a pretty skilled Huckster.

he’s no huck funster, that’s for sure!

35. Mars
    35 | January 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Mars wrote:
    Essentially O is a pretty skilled Huckster.
    he’s no huck funster, that’s for sure!

Very true.

36. Mars
    36 | January 28, 2013 11:20 pm

It seems odd that O and Willy Jeff have both been President, when in a time long ago, they both would have been tarred and feathered and rode off on a rail. (Now someone is going to claim I’m a racist.) I’m obviously talking about the fact both are nothing but con men. Their slick (well at least in Klintons case) behavior and snake oil salesmen style would have had every town they came to immediately suspicious.

37. Mars
    37 | January 28, 2013 11:24 pm

Thomas Jefferson once said: “It is better to tolerate the rare instance of parent[s] refusing to let their child be educated, than to shock the common feelings and ideas by the forcible transportation and education against [their] will.”

I did not know this. So the proggies have already told the founding fathers to go to hell in that area.

38 | January 28, 2013 11:26 pm

Mars wrote:

Essentially O is a pretty skilled Huckster.

he’s no huck funster, that’s for sure!

:lol: He’s an O’Bummer fer sure.

39. Moe Katz
    39 | January 28, 2013 11:27 pm

I like proggies, especially with potato and cheese filling.

40. Mars
    40 | January 28, 2013 11:27 pm

Also did not think of the 4th amendment violations that commonly occur in the school environment. (As per the article).

The government school system has decided they own your children. I hate being in a position I have no other option.

41. Mars
    41 | January 28, 2013 11:28 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

I like proggies, especially with potato and cheese filling.

Nah man that’s Pierogies. Proggies are full of shit.

42. Moe Katz
    42 | January 28, 2013 11:29 pm

@ Mars:
    LOL

43 | January 28, 2013 11:30 pm

Mars wrote:

not so fast…homeschooling started as a very lefty thing to do some 30 years ago…

44. Mars
    44 | January 28, 2013 11:31 pm

First, holy crap batman what did you do to the page!?

Second, where in the blue hell did you find a phrenology dummy? That has to be a majorly hard to find item.

45 | January 28, 2013 11:32 pm

my tinfoilphrenology head.

double thick foil and an orange helemet liner wi9th d/c avaition headset.

46. Mars
    46 | January 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Mars wrote:

Both sides have done homeschooling for a variety of different reasons. I’m mainly talking about the fact the founders had no intention of having a federal government controlled education system.

47 | January 28, 2013 11:34 pm

Let’s all take the ever shrinking ‘box of compliance’ and stuff in into the ‘dumpster of contempt’. :twisted:

48 | January 28, 2013 11:35 pm

Mars wrote:

First, holy crap batman what did you do to the page!?

me and my phrenology head have been together for may many years.

i wish it were a to scale dummy!

49 | January 28, 2013 11:35 pm

oh hell no!

that is a state issue right there.

50 | January 28, 2013 11:36 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

you do not have a permit for a so called ‘dumpster of contempt’, and it is too close to the power lines.

off to bureaucratworld with you!

51 | January 28, 2013 11:38 pm

They have to catch me first. I’m not dumb enough to turn myself in…

52 | January 28, 2013 11:41 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

too late, you are already in bureaucratworld

53 | January 28, 2013 11:48 pm

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et9EJVE7eoo

54. Mars
    54 | January 28, 2013 11:50 pm

Well apparently my weekly headache has arrived and a handful of NSAIDS did nothing for it, so I better hit a hot shower and head to bed.

(I really need to talk to my doctor about what I’m supposed to do. I get frequent headaches Stress, Sinus, light sensitivity, and migraine, but I was told no more NSAIDS. I’ve used some prescribed narco in the past and didn’t show any signs of addictive tendencies, but I’m still paranoid it could happen. I guess I shouldn’t worry. One pill every one to two weeks isn’t really likely to cause addiction.)

55 | January 28, 2013 11:51 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

too late, you are already in bureaucratworld

Damn!! That’s what I get for sleeping in…

56 | January 28, 2013 11:52 pm

Mars wrote:

One pill every one to two weeks isn’t really likely to cause addiction.)

nope, sure wont

57 | January 28, 2013 11:53 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    too late, you are already in bureaucratworld

Damn!! That’s what I get for sleeping in…

aha! asleep during the required hr training! ha! its the least fun part of bureaucratworld for you! the company policies and compliance ride!

ahahahahahahahahaa!!!!

58 | January 28, 2013 11:53 pm

@ Mars:
    Good luck, and rest well.

59. Mars
    59 | January 28, 2013 11:55 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

@ Mars:
    Good luck, and rest well.

Mars wrote:
    One pill every one to two weeks isn’t really likely to cause addiction.)
    nope, sure wont

Ok, technically two pills since the headache usually lasts for 24 to 48 hours. But, that does take a bit of stress off.

Thanks, I’ll try to get rest, might not be easy. At least I can rest my eyes and put a cold washcloth on them.

60 | January 28, 2013 11:59 pm

Mandatory training classes can be a real farce at times beyond even the usual waste of time.

61. Moe Katz
    61 | January 29, 2013 12:04 am

@ Mars:
    Rest well, hope it passes soon.

62. Moe Katz
    62 | January 29, 2013 12:06 am

My new avatar doesn’t want to show up on the thread, although it shows up on my profile at the home page – and I’ve cleared my cache. Maybe have to wait for a new thread to see it….

63 | January 29, 2013 12:10 am

Moe Katz wrote:

My new avatar doesn’t want to show up on the thread, although it shows up on my profile at the home page — and I’ve cleared my cache. Maybe have to wait for a new thread to see it….

I’ve had it take several hours to change before. Not sure why.

64. Moe Katz
    64 | January 29, 2013 12:11 am

Hey, were you on that thread about the dog having evolved to digest carbs? I immediately thought of Leia and her pretzels when I saw that in the news the other day….

65. Moe Katz
    65 | January 29, 2013 12:11 am

Ah, my new Gravatar appeareth!

66 | January 29, 2013 12:16 am

@ Mars:

have you tried anything with caffeine in them for these headaches?

(when they are onset?)

67 | January 29, 2013 12:19 am

some voodoo neurology sez that psilocybin is a pretty good cure for cluster headaches.

*shakes the culturally correct incantation device*

68 | January 29, 2013 12:21 am

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

oh no, not at all, these are the bureaucrat run wild!

your undecided attention for hours and hours!!!

bwahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!

69. Calo
    69 | January 29, 2013 12:21 am

Light sensitivity, h/a lasting 24*48hrs

Migraine.

70 | January 29, 2013 12:22 am

Moe Katz wrote:

Ah, my new Gravatar appeareth!

forsooth and verily, unto them doth appeareth!

71. Moe Katz
    71 | January 29, 2013 12:22 am

Yeth it doeth.

72 | January 29, 2013 12:25 am

Calo wrote:

h/a lasting 24*48hrs

oops. missed that part.

just did 8 out of 10 days x12hrs with 2 16′s for good measure. i am off for a week now. and i need it.

i am brain dead. we were soooo busy, now back to normal.

73 | January 29, 2013 12:27 am

Moe Katz wrote:

Yeth it doeth.

huzzah!

74. Calo
    74 | January 29, 2013 12:30 am

Moe Katz wrote:

I was busy this morning, or I would have commented on that thread. (Yikes, me posting in daylight hours!)

My hybrid wolf dog shuns carbs in the form of table scraps whereas the other two domestic dogs will eat almost anything plopped down in front of them.

We do feed the hybrid a high protein dry dog food and supplement her diet with fresh meat, chicken and fish. If we just feed her commercial bought food, she has GI issues.

So, yes, I guess I would agree, domestic dogs digest and tolerate carbs. Wolves, not so much. (anecdotal evidence on my part)

75 | January 29, 2013 12:31 am

Moe Katz wrote:

I saw it, yes.

Leia likes all sorts of odd things. Peanut butter…apples…tomatoes…broccolli

76. Calo
    76 | January 29, 2013 12:31 am

‘sall right

77. Calo
    77 | January 29, 2013 12:33 am

The wolf dog won’t touch fruit or veggies, but she loves cold shrimp whereas the other dogs don;t.

78 | January 29, 2013 12:34 am

Calo wrote:

‘sall right

they tried to talk me into one more day then off 6 but i ruled myself unsafe and went home. i was seriously getting stupid.

79. Moe Katz
    79 | January 29, 2013 12:34 am

@ Calo:
    It’s one of those things that involve multiple genes whose effect is additive. Dogs have more copies than wolves, so your hybrid may have an intermediate number of genes for the enzymes involved.

Is she pure wolf one one side and pure dog on the other?

80 | January 29, 2013 12:35 am

@ Calo:

Leia will eat just about any vegetables. Even lettuce.

81 | January 29, 2013 12:38 am

She doesn’t really care for rice, though. I noticed that when she was sick. I tried giving her rice and chicken, and she mostly just ate the chicken and left the rice.

Oddly enough, her regular dry food is made of lamb and rice. She likes that.

82. Calo
    82 | January 29, 2013 12:41 am

@ Moe Katz:
    She’s a low content wolf dog, so no.

I believe, IIRC, she is classified as an F4.

I really was only hunting down a Siberian puppy to go with my other Siberian when I spotted her in the paper listed as “wolfdog”. I thought, sure what do you rednecks know… y’all even think a Siberian is a wolf dog. Most interesting dog I have ever known.

83. Moe Katz
    83 | January 29, 2013 12:46 am

@ Calo:
    An F4 ought to be pretty tame. Wish I could meet her and check her out.

84 | January 29, 2013 12:53 am

@ Calo:

I don’t know what that one was that we encountered at the gun show, but it was huge, and not well-trained. It was pretty much dragging the woman on the other end of the leash down the aisle.

Not sure why anyone would bring an animal like that to a crowded public gathering. Just seems like trouble waiting to happen.

85. Calo
    85 | January 29, 2013 12:57 am

@ Moe Katz:
    She hasn’t eaten my cat yet.

86. Moe Katz
    86 | January 29, 2013 12:58 am

@ Calo:
    Is she fond of children? ;)

87. Moe Katz
    87 | January 29, 2013 12:59 am

Maybe it was a gun breed and it really wanted to go.

88 | January 29, 2013 1:06 am

@ Moe Katz:

the coyotes have moved back into NW pa form the west. this is a fairly recent occurrence. what my parents are watching for up there is cross breed coyote/feral dog. thus far, dad has only had to shoot a few rounds out of a *deleted* to scare off the coyotes.

i got to get face to face with one (at 75 ft) in the fall. in the evening and at night at least one person is armed if we are outside, especially with our dogs.

89. Moe Katz
    89 | January 29, 2013 1:08 am

They can be rabid, too.

90. Calo
    90 | January 29, 2013 1:08 am

@ Moe Katz:
    For dinner? No.

The breeder we got her from had several kids. One little kid carried her in to meet me and another little kid carried in her brother, who was monster-sized budda bellied looking puppy, The kids said, choose the girl, she listens. The boy is a bad boy. I took the kids advice.

So, the early exposure has left her a definite affection for kids.

She now stands on my kid’s trampoline with her face over the fence into the neighbor’s yard and summons/howls at the kids to come pet her when they are outside. Loudly, until they comply.

91. Calo
    91 | January 29, 2013 1:14 am

I had many encounters with coyotes in Southern California when I lived there. I felt safest when I had my Siberians with me. No gun necessary.

92. Moe Katz
    92 | January 29, 2013 1:14 am

@ Calo:
    Neat. She sounds bright.

93 | January 29, 2013 1:15 am

Moe Katz wrote:

They can be rabid, too.

they are, and are a vector. the increase in rabid racoon and foxes is noticeable. the farmers and land owners are all well armed and burn anything rabid that they kill or come across.

i had a raccoon practically walk into the garage in mid day. our dogs went nuts. dad was quick with a very scary gun that makes most liberals cower in fear. oh yes, there is a reason for semi autos.

94 | January 29, 2013 1:15 am

@ Calo:

The kids said, choose the girl, she listens.

Sounds like my experience with my students

95. Moe Katz
    95 | January 29, 2013 1:17 am

oh yes, there is a reason for semi autos.

Bah, what ever happened to good old hillbilly marksmanship?

96 | January 29, 2013 1:19 am

Calo wrote:

sure. that’s cool.

the farmers and landowners feel differently. now if the coyotes are out in the woods, no one cares. when they get aggressive and go after live stock, well….

97 | January 29, 2013 1:20 am

Moe Katz wrote:

oh yes, there is a reason for semi autos.
    Bah, what ever happened to good old hillbilly marksmanship?

its flat up there. no hills. ergo, no hillbillies.

98. Moe Katz
    98 | January 29, 2013 1:20 am

99. Moe Katz
    99 | January 29, 2013 1:24 am

On that note – Night y’all!

100. Calo
    100 | January 29, 2013 1:29 am

I had a coyote snatch my little dog off the porch at our weekend house. Of course, I ran down the mountain after the coyote who was trying to snap the dog’s neck by shaking it back and forth. Instinct, I guess, is why I followed. I didn’t have a plan as to how to rescue my dog from this coyote, I just knew I had to try. Then, out of no where comes my Siberian who promptly took the coyote by the neck, bit and shook the coyote until it let my little dog go. No gun, the big Siberian took care of his pack.

101. Calo
    101 | January 29, 2013 1:33 am

@ Moe Katz:
    Night Moe.
    Sleep well.

102 | January 29, 2013 1:34 am

@ Calo:

the dog had a plan.

gotta get to bed. i have to practice painting fresco style tomorrow. have some big plans for a stairwell and a wall.

(channels the inner michelangelo)

103 | January 29, 2013 1:35 am

@ Calo:

Not sure if Leia would try to protect me.

She would bark and growl, anyway.

104. 104 | January 29, 2013 1:35 am

@lobo91

I am waiting to find ANYTHING my big a$$ed Dobe will NOT eat! At least he outgrew his fondness for my shoes. :)

105. 105 | January 29, 2013 1:37 am

@ Calo:
    Not sure if Leia would try to protect me.
    She would bark and growl, anyway.

The Dobe will protect the wife in a heart beat! Me on the other hand he would go after the second one leaving the first to the Pack Leader.

106 | January 29, 2013 1:49 am

@ AZOlddog:

When I was in high school, we had a German shepherd that would protect everyone in our house, including the cat. When the cat had kittens, he actually babysat them. If they got out of their box, he picked them up and put them back.

107. 107 | January 29, 2013 2:54 am

Apparently that hideously overpriced .223 that appeared yeterday evening on LuckyGunner vanished in a couple of hours.

Okay, okay – it was top of the line match/hunting ammo, so maybe it wasn’t actually hideously overpriced. But for anybody used to just buying Federal/American Eagle FMJ, it was eye-popping. At those prices, I’d just as soon get a Garand and shoot .30-06 or .308. Or maybe that Sharps in .45/70 – hmmm…

108. 108 | January 29, 2013 4:29 am

Somebody stick a fork in Rubio – he’s done.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tAjeplC6zAI

Glad he outed himself now, at least.

Hat tip – rayra at GCP.

109. 109 | January 29, 2013 4:32 am

Sorry about that. Try this…

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAjeplC6zAI

Effing PoS…

110. 111 | January 29, 2013 5:07 am

Good morning everyone. St. Clair and Yorkville is the area to explore today.

112 | January 29, 2013 5:12 am

I have come to the disappointing conclusion that voting is a privilege to be earned, like a drivers license…people voting for their own unearned government handout is unacceptable…there is no moral, ethical, or logical argument that will change my mind…I’m out of the closet

112. 113 | January 29, 2013 5:20 am

heysoos wrote:

I’ve heard that some of the founders wanted to restrict voting rights to those who held property. At some level I tend to agree, though it’s not at all realistic to think the genie could ever be put back in the bottle at this point. I agree that government dependents voting is much like giving children equal say in one’s household.

113. 114 | January 29, 2013 6:18 am

I like the voting rights plan in David Weber’s Honor Harrington series. “To be able to vote a Manticoran Citizen had to prove that they had paid in taxes at least 1 cent more than they had received in benefits. Salaries for actual jobs on which they had paid Taxes were not considered a benefit.”

114. unclassifiable
    115 | January 29, 2013 7:00 am

@ Mike C.:

A voice against the swarm.

That makes my day.

Thank you for posting that.

115. unclassifiable
    116 | January 29, 2013 7:17 am

@ Mike C.:

It’s still early for 2013 BUT, I think this is a great test.

Folks will make mistakes. But if they go saying thousands of words to cover their BS then they should arouse deep suspicion.

If on the other hand, they say “I’m sorry. I was wrong.” then maybe they have a chance for redemption.

Meter’s running Marco.

116. unclassifiable
    117 | January 29, 2013 7:18 am

@ unclassifiable:

I meant 2016 instead of 2013.

117. 118 | January 29, 2013 7:21 am

unclassifiable wrote:

@ unclassifiable:
    I meant 2016 instead of 2013.

The 2nd is a handy touchstone. Get a politico’s honest opinion on that, and you can pretty much where he’ll stand and what he actually believes on a host of other issues. So far as I’m concerned, this settles it for Rubio. I’ve never been a big fan of “Road to Damascus” last-minute conversions.

118. unclassifiable
    119 | January 29, 2013 7:27 am

@ Mike C.:

Yeah I hear you. But gazing into my crystal ball I see a Rubio vs. Hillary campaign brewing (First Woman-American vs. First Cuban-American).

We are still hung up on everybody getting a turn.

119. unclassifiable
    120 | January 29, 2013 7:28 am

Later folks.

Fair share and all of that.