First time visitor? Learn more.

Israel struck Hizb’Allah convoy carrying SA-17s

by Rodan ( 87 Comments › )
Filed under Hezballah, IDF, Israel, Syria at January 31st, 2013 - 11:00 am

SA17

Yesterday, there were reports that Israel had struck a Hizb’Allah convoy en-route from Syria to Lebanon. Now various intelligence sources are claiming that the convoy was carrying SA-17 anti-aircraft missiles. The weapons were on their way to Lebanon where Hizb’Allah could use them against the IAF in a future conflict and restrict Israel’s air superiority. The Israelis could not allow that to occur and decided to strike.

US officials said Wednesday overnight that Israel had bombed a suspected shipment of anti-aircraft missiles in Syria on Tuesday night, the Wall Street Journal and New York Times reported.

The Wall Street Journal report cited a Western official as saying that the strike targeted a convoy of trucks carrying Russian-made SA-17 missiles to Hezbollah, in a border area west of Damascus .

American officials told the Times that Israel notified the US about the attack. The reports follows varying accounts of the alleged strike.

Several foreign reports said a weapons convoy carrying “game-changing” arms from Syria to Hezbollah in Lebanon had been hit Tuesday overnight. Syria’s military command later denied that a convoy had been attacked.

The Israeli strikes against Syria and Hizb’Allah makes the growing conflict in the region a three way fight. Israel vs. Assad/Hizb’Allah/Iran vs. the Muslim Brotherhood/Al-Qaeda. This is a very complicated situation but is typical of the Mideast which is tribal and factional. The coming days will reveal the repercussions of these attacks.

Israel struck at the worst time for Hizb’Allah. The Lebanese Shia group is being bled dry in their participation in the Syrian war. They have suffered losses at the hands of al-Qaeda.

In a meticulously planned operation in October, units linked to the Free Syrian Army in the city of Qusayr near the Lebanon border killed Ali Hussein Nassif, who was quickly exposed as commander of all Hezbollah forces in Syria. His death shed light on the extent of the group’s involvement in the conflict.

[....]

Reports indicate that Hezbollah recently expanded its actions in Syria to include its most valued resource — its highly trained and strategically irreplaceable special forces units. Hezbollah’s secretive military wing is reportedly composed of 2,000 to 4,000 professional soldiers and thousands of reservists hailing from Shiite villages south of the Litani river and the Bekaa Valley, meant to be called into action to repel a future Israeli invasion. During the 2006 conflict with Israel, the loss of roughly one quarter of Hezbollah’s special forces was assumed to constitute the group’s most severe setback.

Varying reports from Syria suggest that the direct participation of these special forces units in combat zones nationwide has increased, and additional forces may be on the way.

[....]

Militarily and politically, Hezbollah has much at stake in the Syrian conflict, but it is risking even more by attempting to save a pariah regime that may not be savable. The group has incurred hundreds of losses against Syrian rebels, including its valued special forces. Hezbollah cannot outmatch rebel manpower, and will need to commit its best fighters and most sophisticated equipment to cut rebel supply lines in the hopes of hindering a Damascus invasion force from gaining traction.

Hizb’Allah can not defeat al-Qaeda and will not risk opening a second front against Israel. This was an opportune time for Israel to strike and not risk a war with Hizb’Allah.

Tags: ,

Comments

Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

Play nice!

87 Responses to “Israel struck Hizb’Allah convoy carrying SA-17s”
( jump to bottom )

  1. 1 | January 31, 2013 11:07 am

    I’m sure the lefties will be screaming “Israeli AGGRESSION!” before the day is out. If they haven’t already.


  2. Speranza
    2 | January 31, 2013 11:07 am

    Curioser and curioser.


  3. 3 | January 31, 2013 11:08 am

    Israel vs. Hizballah/Assad vs. The Muslim Brotherhood/al-Qaeda. This just insane.


  4. 4 | January 31, 2013 11:08 am

    I’m not sure that this isn’t an oppertune time for Israel to open that second front for them, and wipe Hizbollah out for good.


  5. Speranza
    5 | January 31, 2013 11:08 am

    Carolina Girl wrote:

    I’m sure the lefties will be screaming “Israeli AGGRESSION!” before the day is out. If they haven’t already.

    The New York Times Editorial Board is at work right now probably accusing them of escalation.


  6. 6 | January 31, 2013 11:09 am

    Speranza wrote:

    Curioser and curioser.

    The Israelis picked a good time to strike. Hizballah’s best units are in Syria and they are suffering losses at the hands of al-Qaeda. Assad can’t do nothing since much of his military is fighting the Jihadists.


  7. 7 | January 31, 2013 11:10 am

    @ Rodan:

    It is very Byzantine. As one would expect from the location, really. Everybody in the neighborhood is everybody else’s enemy. If Israel were gone tomorrow, there would be a general conflageration as they all tried to be the last man standing.


  8. 8 | January 31, 2013 11:10 am

    Iron Fist wrote:

    I’m not sure that this isn’t an oppertune time for Israel to open that second front for them, and wipe Hizbollah out for good.

    This would be the best time. The problem then would be that al-Qaeda would replace Hizb’Allah on Israel’s border. That is something to consider.


  9. 9 | January 31, 2013 11:11 am

    Iron Fist wrote:

    @ Rodan:
    It is very Byzantine. As one would expect from the location, really. Everybody in the neighborhood is everybody else’s enemy. If Israel were gone tomorrow, there would be a general conflageration as they all tried to be the last man standing.

    If Israel would not around, it would be the Syrian war X1000. What’s left of the Mideast Christians would be slaughtered.


  10. 10 | January 31, 2013 11:12 am

    I’m not going to lie. I hate Hizb’Allah and al-Qaeda both equally. I could never in my wildest dreams imagine they would turn on each other. They were allies for a long time. Get the popcorn!


  11. 11 | January 31, 2013 11:15 am

    @ Rodan:

    Al Qaeda is less organized than Hizbollah. They aren’t really winning in Syria, it is just that Assad isn’t really winning, either. Al Qaeda has numbers, but their people aren’t really very good. We butchered them in the tens of thousands in Iraq and Afghanistan.


  12. buzzsawmonkey
    12 | January 31, 2013 11:19 am

    ‘Cause we’ve got a great big convoy, rocketin’ through the night
    Yes, got a Hezbollah convoy, ain’t she a beautiful sight?
    Come on and join our convoy, it’s chock-full of jihadis
    We want to throw a bunch of missiles at the Israelis
    Convoy…


  13. 13 | January 31, 2013 11:30 am

    @ Iron Fist:

    Al Qaeda has numbers, but their people aren’t really very good. We butchered them in the tens of thousands in Iraq and Afghanistan.

    It’s probablyu because they fought us that they are giving Assad and the Hezzies a hard time. They are experienced and learned tactics.

    Here’s an interesting read on the Syrian AQ.


  14. 14 | January 31, 2013 11:50 am

    @ buzzsawmonkey:

    Thanks Buzz. My coffee is now sitting in a puddle near my keyboard and the HIT man from IT is on his way…..


  15. RIX
    15 | January 31, 2013 11:59 am

    Sorry to go off topic.
    I stand corrected, McCain slapped the snot out of Hagle.


  16. 16 | January 31, 2013 12:09 pm

    @ RIX:

    What he say?


  17. coldwarrior
    17 | January 31, 2013 12:10 pm

    Gilmore, a former Virginia governor, spoke with National Review Online on Wednesday. He says he and other longtime Republican leaders have been privately fretting about the GOP’s future since Mitt Romney’s defeat.

    “The world has changed beneath us,” Gilmore says. “Shrillness and extreme language are driving away the voters who could help us build a majority. We’re not speaking to them as reasonable conservatives. Republicans have to decide if they want to govern or play ideological parlor games.”

    “Young people today have a more tolerant, hands-off perspective,” he says. “Their libertarian philosophy, for example, has to be taken into consideration. Yet we keep projecting anger at the gay community and the Hispanic community, even though they’re open to many of our ideas.”

    “It’s a real political problem when Hispanics don’t believe that the Republican party is their friend,” he warns. “You’ve got to fix that.”

    In the coming months, Gilmore hopes the GOP will do more to focus on economic issues and push the theme of empowerment.

    “The plain truth is that we need more economic growth in this country,” he says. “This must become our new national mission, as well as our party’s mission, and we are not doing it, or even discussing it.”


  18. buzzsawmonkey
    18 | January 31, 2013 12:14 pm

    Those aren’t missiles. They’re mobile minarets…


  19. RIX
    19 | January 31, 2013 12:15 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    @ RIX:
    What he say?

    He grilled him about Hagles non support for the Iraq surge.
    He kept asking Hagle if he was correct.
    Hagle just dodged & weaved & McCain kept saying “Answer the question!”
    Some of the pundits are speculating that the episode will cost
    Hagle votes.
    He looked like a deer in the headlights.


  20. buzzsawmonkey
    20 | January 31, 2013 12:16 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    “Young people today have a more tolerant, hands-off perspective,” he says. “Their libertarian philosophy, for example, has to be taken into consideration. Yet we keep projecting anger at the gay community and the Hispanic community, even though they’re open to many of our ideas.”

    The “gay community” needs to be shown that the official gay-rights movement does not represent its interests, but is aimed at making them a government-dependent grievance class.


  21. waldensianspirit
    21 | January 31, 2013 12:18 pm

    Obama did about as much job council-ling as he did skeet shooting


  22. RIX
    22 | January 31, 2013 12:20 pm

    NEWSMAX) — Some families could get priced out of health insurance due to what’s being called a glitch in President Barack Obama’s overhaul law. IRS regulations issued Wednesday failed to fix the problem as liberal backers of the president’s plan had hoped.

    As a result, some families that can’t afford the employer coverage that they are offered on the job will not be able to get financial assistance from the government to buy private health insurance on their own. How many people will be affected is unclear.

    The Obama administration says its hands were tied by the way Congress wrote the law.

    Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/obamacare/2013/01/31/obamacare-debacle-some-families-be-priced-out-health-coverage#ixzz2JZXY5PCL

    An Obama mess. Of course they are blaming someone , anybody but them.
    Congress did not write the law. Health & Human Services did
    under White House direction.


  23. lobo91
    23 | January 31, 2013 12:22 pm

    @ RIX:

    They’ll ultimately end up blamin Republicans, anyway.


  24. buzzsawmonkey
    24 | January 31, 2013 12:24 pm

    waldensianspirit wrote:

    Obama did about as much job council-ling as he did skeet shooting

    Obama is an expert Marx-man.


  25. RIX
    25 | January 31, 2013 12:24 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ RIX:
    They’ll ultimately end up blamin Republicans, anyway.

    It is a pattern & the Media will run with it.
    When the full impact of ObamaCare hits & people get
    hurt, Republicans will take the fall.


  26. brookly red
    26 | January 31, 2013 12:28 pm

    I have seen a lot of press on the air strike(s) against the convoy, but very little about hitting the “research” facility… wonder what they were researching?


  27. waldensianspirit
    27 | January 31, 2013 12:28 pm

    buzzsawmonkey wrote:

    Obama is an expert Marx-man.

    :mrgreen:


  28. 28 | January 31, 2013 12:29 pm

    RIX wrote:

    Rodan wrote:

    @ RIX:
    What he say?

    He grilled him about Hagles non support for the Iraq surge.
    He kept asking Hagle if he was correct.
    Hagle just dodged & weaved & McCain kept saying “Answer the question!”
    Some of the pundits are speculating that the episode will cost
    Hagle votes.
    He looked like a deer in the headlights.

    Hagel is about as ill-prepared as anyone I’ve ever seen, frankly, he acts like he has a scotch to two on the way in.


  29. RIX
    29 | January 31, 2013 12:29 pm

    Business
    Union Leaders’ Epiphany Leaves Them Scrambling: Wait, Obamacare Is Going to Drive up Our Costs?
    Jan. 31, 2013 10:18am Becket Adams

    Duh, who saw that coming?/


  30. RIX
    30 | January 31, 2013 12:30 pm

    @ MacDuff:
    I think that Hagel was shocked by McCain.


  31. 31 | January 31, 2013 12:31 pm

    @ Speranza:

    The New York Times should change their slogan from “all the news that’s fit to print” to “because the name ‘Pravda’ was already taken.”


  32. 32 | January 31, 2013 12:33 pm

    @ coldwarrior:

    His observation will fall on deaf ears.


  33. waldensianspirit
    33 | January 31, 2013 12:33 pm

    @ buzzsawmonkey:
    Hopefully we turn him into the dictionary definition of an expert: A former drop of water under pressure


  34. RIX
    34 | January 31, 2013 12:33 pm

    By JOSH LEDERMAN, Associated Press

    WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama will let his jobs council expire this week without renewing its charter, winding down one source of input from the business community even as unemployment remains stubbornly high

    How racist can this guy Lederman be?
    Why doesn’t he understand that the job Council is
    expiring because Obama achieved full employment?


  35. waldensianspirit
    35 | January 31, 2013 12:34 pm

    @ RIX:
    Now they want an even bigger handout


  36. AZfederalist
    36 | January 31, 2013 12:48 pm

    buzzsawmonkey wrote:

    waldensianspirit wrote:

    Obama is an expert Marx-man.

    I am so stealing that. :-) Excellent!


  37. heysoos
    37 | January 31, 2013 12:52 pm

    for any fans of Israel, this is interesting…
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/01/31/why-israel-will-rule-new-middle-east/


  38. unclassifiable
    38 | January 31, 2013 12:55 pm

    @ RIX:

    Come on! Stop bucking for that cherry Information Czar post in the administration!


  39. heysoos
    39 | January 31, 2013 12:57 pm

    RIX wrote:

    By JOSH LEDERMAN, Associated Press
    WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama will let his jobs council expire this week without renewing its charter, winding down one source of input from the business community even as unemployment remains stubbornly high
    How racist can this guy Lederman be?
    Why doesn’t he understand that the job Council is
    expiring because Obama achieved full employment?

    another pile of millions of dollars down the tubes…there’s probably enough waste to pay off the debt in five years….Jabba the Fed


  40. brookly red
    40 | January 31, 2013 1:02 pm

    Inhofe back hands Hagel…

    “Given that Iran, the people — I’m quoting right now from Iran — people of the Middle East, the Muslim region and North Africa, people of these regions hate America from the bottom of their heart,” said Inhofe. “It further said Israel is a cancerous tumor in the heart of the Islamic world. They further said Iran’s warriors are ready and willing to wipe Israel off the map. The question I’d like to ask you, and you can answer for the record if you’d like, why do you think the Iranian foreign ministry so strongly supports your nomination to be the Secretary of Defense?”


  41. unclassifiable
    41 | January 31, 2013 1:04 pm

    @ MacDuff:

    “…and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around.”

    R. Lee Ermey (Sgt. Hartman in Full Metal Jacket — h/t huckfunn)


  42. unclassifiable
    42 | January 31, 2013 1:05 pm

    @ RIX:

    See my post above. I think Hagel feeling violated and in need of a shower.


  43. RIX
    43 | January 31, 2013 1:08 pm

    unclassifiable wrote:

    @ RIX:

    Come on! Stop bucking for that cherry Information Czar post in the administration!

    It would be sweet!:


  44. RIX
    44 | January 31, 2013 1:09 pm

    Q@ heysoos:
    The goal was always to break the bank.


  45. MikeA
    45 | January 31, 2013 1:11 pm

    @ brookly red:

    OUCH!!!! Thats gonna leave a mark…


  46. MikeA
    46 | January 31, 2013 1:12 pm

    @ RIX:

    Personally I liked the stubborn unemployment numbers. Like it does it on its own even though Obama has been talking to it every day.


  47. heysoos
    47 | January 31, 2013 1:15 pm

    MikeA wrote:

    @ RIX:
    Personally I liked the stubborn unemployment numbers. Like it does it on its own even though Obama has been talking to it every day.

    this is now into the fifth year of my prediction…these numbers are permanent


  48. 48 | January 31, 2013 1:16 pm

    Here’s al-Qaeda bragging about killing Hizb’Allah soldiers.


  49. 49 | January 31, 2013 1:19 pm

    AL-Qaeda with a captured member of Hizb’Allh.


  50. brookly red
  51. 51 | January 31, 2013 1:21 pm

    Al-Qaeda captures a Hizb’Allah ambulance that has weapons.


  52. brookly red
    52 | January 31, 2013 1:23 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    Al-Qaeda captures a Hizb’Allah ambulance that has weapons.

    ambulance huh? well I guess it takes one to know one


  53. 53 | January 31, 2013 1:25 pm

    @ brookly red:

    Yup that what is awesome about this.


  54. 54 | January 31, 2013 1:27 pm

    Hizb’Allah can not defeat al-Qaeda and will not risk opening a second front against Israel. This was an opportune time for Israel to strike and not risk a war with Hizb’Allah.

    The single likeliest explanation for this incident is that Al Qaeda/The Muslim Brotherhood arranged this transfer in an attempt to draw Israel into the Syrian Civil War, which reports available now appear to indicate Bashar Assad is going to win.

    With the Assad Government killing the Al Qaeda/Muslim Brotherhood chances of conquering Syria the most logical (in the Muslim Arab mind) tactical decision is to introduce another very powerful protagonist into the conflict aligned against the Assad Government.


  55. citizen_q
    55 | January 31, 2013 1:28 pm

    @ heysoos:
    Yes, very interesting.

    It would be funny as hell to see the your-O-peons toadying up to Israel for oil like they have the a-rabs.


  56. brookly red
    56 | January 31, 2013 1:32 pm

    citizen_q wrote:

    @ heysoos:
    Yes, very interesting.

    It would be funny as hell to see the your-O-peons toadying up to Israel for oil like they have the a-rabs.

    it also makes things more dangerous for Israel now that they have something of value


  57. 57 | January 31, 2013 1:35 pm

    @ doriangrey:

    Actually its a stalemate. What Assad has done is prevent Damascus from falling.


  58. 58 | January 31, 2013 1:39 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    @ doriangrey:
    Actually its a stalemate. What Assad has done is prevent Damascus from falling.

    That’s not the info I am getting.


  59. 59 | January 31, 2013 1:40 pm

    Inside the war for Syria’s mountains

    Until December, the town of Darkoush was roughly divided: the north supported the opposition while the south supported the regime; the frontline was marked by a line of ransacked security buildings.

    Now, it is a staging point for a coming battle in the mountains to the south, a battle that will decide the fate of Syria’s cosmopolitan heart.

    Rebel leaders are preparing what they say will be imminent attacks on regime cities. Jabhat al-Nusra is also making plans, with new arrivals to the group turning up on most days over the past few weeks. Some are taking over empty Alawite homes near Darkoush; others are pushing south to frontlines near Latakia.

    Al-Nusra fighters like to see themselves as being everywhere but nowhere. They play willingly to the regime characterisation of them as phantom-like figures who can outmanoeuvre the Syrian military. And they are now more evident than at any time in this war.

    The al-Nusra member the Guardian met had not been expecting strangers. His head swathed in a black turban, and with a Kalashnikov strapped to his chest, he walked slowly down a potholed road towards us before stopping warily several metres away. He scanned us purposefully from head to toe, inhaled deeply, then said: “What’s going on?”

    The American-accented English was as much a surprise as finding him there in the first place, living in a house next door to the main rebel outpost in the region, along with 20 or so other members of the group at the vanguard of the fighting.


  60. heysoos
    60 | January 31, 2013 1:41 pm

    Barack Obama: The Affirmative Action President
    this should be required reading for Obots, followed some friendly debate

    http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tygrrrr-express/2013/jan/31/barack-obama-still-affirmative-action-president/


  61. 61 | January 31, 2013 1:41 pm

    @ doriangrey:

    See my #59.

    Assad is nowhere near winning. Neither is AL-Qaeda.


  62. 62 | January 31, 2013 1:43 pm

    Here’s a good source of the Syrian War.


  63. citizen_q
    63 | January 31, 2013 1:43 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    citizen_q wrote:
    @ heysoos:
    Yes, very interesting.
    It would be funny as hell to see the your-O-peons toadying up to Israel for oil like they have the a-rabs.

    it also makes things more dangerous for Israel now that they have something of value

    The muzzzlimbs already want them dead to fuel the blood lust of their moon god and a place at his comsic bordello. Not sure how having something of temporal value could make that worse.

    Are you thinking of a Russia, China, or perhaps even Obama lending a hand for cut?


  64. brookly red
    64 | January 31, 2013 1:46 pm

    citizen_q wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    citizen_q wrote:
    @ heysoos:
    Yes, very interesting.
    It would be funny as hell to see the your-O-peons toadying up to Israel for oil like they have the a-rabs.

    it also makes things more dangerous for Israel now that they have something of value

    The muzzzlimbs already want them dead to fuel the blood lust of their moon god and a place at his comsic bordello. Not sure how having something of temporal value could make that worse.

    Are you thinking of a Russia, China, or perhaps even Obama lending a hand for cut?

    all of the above


  65. brookly red
    65 | January 31, 2013 1:46 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    @ doriangrey:

    See my #59.

    Assad is nowhere near winning. Neither is AL-Qaeda.

    /quick send both sides more weapons!


  66. 66 | January 31, 2013 1:47 pm

    @ citizen_q:

    Russia is enemies with The Muslim Brotherhood. They have been declared the #1 enemy of Islam.

    Obama would be the suspect.


  67. 67 | January 31, 2013 1:49 pm

    Rebels storm security agency in eastern Syria -- sources

    BEIRUT, Jan 29 (Reuters) -- Rebels in Syria including al Qaeda-linked Islamist fighters captured a security agency in the eastern city of Deir al-Zor after days of heavy fighting, an activists’ video and a pro-opposition monitoring group said on Tuesday.

    A video posted online showed men armed with assault rifles cheering as they stood outside a building they said was the local intelligence agency branch.

    Some of the fighters carried a black flag with the Islamic declaration of faith and the name of the al-Nusra Front unit, which has ties to al Qaeda in neighbouring Iraq.


  68. 68 | January 31, 2013 1:49 pm

    @ brookly red:

    Yup, let them die.


  69. 69 | January 31, 2013 1:55 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    @ brookly red:
    Yup, let them die.

    The more the sooner, the better…


  70. 70 | January 31, 2013 2:03 pm

    @ doriangrey:

    Assad has consolidated in Damascus and pushed back AQ. If you see the Map, he establishing mimi state that stretches from the coast through Homs, Hama and down to Damascus. He’s given up the rest of the country. Now Aq and Kurds are fighting. This is Lebanon on a grand scale which is just fine!


  71. brookly red
    71 | January 31, 2013 2:07 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    @ doriangrey:

    Assad has consolidated in Damascus and pushed back AQ. If you see the Map, he establishing mimi state that stretches from the coast through Homs, Hama and down to Damascus. He’s given up the rest of the country. Now Aq and Kurds are fighting. This is Lebanon on a grand scale which is just fine!

    ahh, the Kurds… every deck needs a wildcard.


  72. 72 | January 31, 2013 2:08 pm

    @ Rodan:

    It sucks for the people of Syria, but from our perspective, given who the antagonists are, a failed state in the place of Syria is about the best that we can hope for. I wonder if Baby Assad regrets helping al Qaeda in Iraq now? That turned around and bit him in the ass, big time. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer thug. ANd just when the Democrats were breaking their backs to welcome him into the family of nations as a “refomer”, too.


  73. citizen_q
    73 | January 31, 2013 2:12 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    @ citizen_q:
    Russia is enemies with The Muslim Brotherhood. They have been declared the #1 enemy of Islam.
    Obama would be the suspect.

    But isn’t Russia allied with assad, and iran? Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn’t Russia been hostile towards Israel for most of its history? In this hypothetical based on that I wouldn’t count Russia out.


  74. 74 | January 31, 2013 2:12 pm

    New Thread


  75. brookly red
    75 | January 31, 2013 2:15 pm

    citizen_q wrote:

    Rodan wrote:

    @ citizen_q:
    Russia is enemies with The Muslim Brotherhood. They have been declared the #1 enemy of Islam.
    Obama would be the suspect.

    But isn’t Russia allied with assad, and iran? Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn’t Russia been hostile towards Israel for most of its history? In this hypothetical based on that I wouldn’t count Russia out.

    if Israel has as much oil as suggested all bets are off, of course not the religious hatred but past political alliances are moot.


  76. 76 | January 31, 2013 2:17 pm

    @ citizen_q:

    But isn’t Russia allied with assad, and iran? Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn’t Russia been hostile towards Israel for most of its history? In this hypothetical based on that I wouldn’t count Russia out

    .

    Russia is allied with Assad and Iran because they fear the Muslim Brotherhood block. For them its a balance of power thing. Last spring Turkey was threatening Israel and Cypriot Oil fields. It was Russia who forced Turkey to back off. They have been declared Islam’s #1 enemy. In reality the Russians could care less about Iran or Assad. They just do not want a United Caliphate on their border.

    Although Iran is a threat to Israel because of nukes, it’s the emerging Caliphate who is the real threat. In that case Israel and Russia are on the same side. This is not simple and is quit complicated.


  77. citizen_q
    77 | January 31, 2013 2:17 pm

    @ brookly red:
    @ Rodan:
    @ doriangrey:
    @ Iron Fist:

    The more they are tied up killing each other, the less resources they have for causing trouble elsewhere.


  78. 78 | January 31, 2013 2:18 pm

    @ Iron Fist:

    I wonder if Baby Assad regrets helping al Qaeda in Iraq now?

    He is the one who invited them in. Now he is dealing with the monster he created.


  79. citizen_q
    79 | January 31, 2013 2:22 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    Last spring Turkey was threatening Israel and Cypriot Oil fields. It was Russia who forced Turkey to back off.

    I remember that.

    Rodan wrote:

    it’s the emerging Caliphate who is the real threat.

    It seems we are hell bent on creating a caliphate. What the heck is the plan? I have wondered if the State Department believes that creation of the caliphate will satiate the jihadists, and jihad terror will stop. If that is the case they are woefully naive and uninformed. The opposite will happen, IMHO, because with a caliph offensive jihad had can be declared to propagate islam.


  80. 80 | January 31, 2013 2:25 pm

    @ citizen_q:

    Israel developing its oil fields actually makes them safer. That means they have a good source of income and once you are an oil nation, everyone kisses your ass!

    The one I would worry about is China.


  81. citizen_q
    81 | January 31, 2013 2:29 pm

    @ Rodan:
    Think we will see comrade zero bowing to Netenyahu? /


  82. 82 | January 31, 2013 2:30 pm

    @ citizen_q:

    :lol:


  83. Da_Beerfreak
    84 | January 31, 2013 2:39 pm

    waldensianspirit wrote:

    Obama did about as much job council-ling as he did skeet shooting

    The so called jobs council was a fig leaf to get Obama through the election and nothing more.


  84. Da_Beerfreak
    85 | January 31, 2013 2:45 pm

    AZfederalist wrote:

    buzzsawmonkey wrote:

    waldensianspirit wrote:

    Obama is an expert Marx-man.

    I am so stealing that. Excellent!

    That’s because Obama’s always shooting his mouth off… :wink:


  85. Da_Beerfreak
    86 | January 31, 2013 2:46 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    Inhofe back hands Hagel…

    “Given that Iran, the people — I’m quoting right now from Iran — people of the Middle East, the Muslim region and North Africa, people of these regions hate America from the bottom of their heart,” said Inhofe. “It further said Israel is a cancerous tumor in the heart of the Islamic world. They further said Iran’s warriors are ready and willing to wipe Israel off the map. The question I’d like to ask you, and you can answer for the record if you’d like, why do you think the Iranian foreign ministry so strongly supports your nomination to be the Secretary of Defense?”

    Ouch!!


  86. Da_Beerfreak
    87 | January 31, 2013 7:20 pm

    The IDF was just applying some ‘common sense gun control’ here…


Back to the Top

The Blogmocracy

website design was Built By David