#Caturday: Stanley has his say

by 1389AD ( 139 Comments › )
Filed under Canada, Caturday, Open thread at February 2nd, 2013 - 4:00 pm
PM Stephen Harper and Stanley the Cat

Full Comment, National Post (Canada):

A letter from the PM’s cat

Re: @ Work With Harper, Jan. 29; Don’t Be Fooled: Cats Are Evil, Laura Helmuth, Oct. 30.

I appreciate that there was a picture of me with my person, Stephen Harper, published in Tuesday’s National Post, showing me helping him with his breakfast. However, using my picture out of context, and in connection with an absolutely baseless article by Laura Helmuth stating that “cats are evil” is completely off the mark.

I have never been to Washington (where “outdoor cats eat basically all juvenile birds as soon as they fledge”) or lived in an island ecosystem (New Zealand is being urged to outlaw cats “in order to protect its endangered birds”).

I am at 24 Sussex Drive 24/7 and was formerly an inmate at the Ottawa Humane Society, where, before I was adopted was visited frequently by the undersigned ghostwriter, a volunteer at the shelter. We cats are predators, as are many other animals and we are not evil for doing what comes naturally.

Stanley the Cat (as imagined by C. Patrick O’Neill, Ottawa.)

Tags: , ,

Comments

139 Responses to “#Caturday: Stanley has his say”

1 | February 2, 2013 4:47 pm

Newt Gingrich ‏@newtgingrich
    fbi estimates gangs responsible for “an average of 48% of violent crime in most jurisdictions, & much higher in others” http://www.gingrichproductions.com/2013/02/target-gangs-not-guns/

We’ve had 4 shootings here the past few days. And a few media interviews the local media collects from a passer by saying that if just guns would disappear the area would be safe. These are all gang motivated shootings through that the local media depicts as middle class people shooting each other up irrationally. They talk it as a national mental health issue but the only real mental illness here is in the shooters and in the media chasing them. A mental health class for newsanchors might be one of the first best ways to combat gun violence.

2 | February 2, 2013 4:49 pm

While I love Alyssa Milano. I don’t think she realize that the Obama ROE is one of the causative problems of injured and KIA soldiers.

3 | February 2, 2013 4:58 pm

thanks ya senator:

Senator Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) discusses the Senate voting against his amendment to ban giving Egypt F-16 fighter jets and tanks on FOX News.

This amendment would have stopped the transfer of F-16s and Abrams tanks to Egypt,” Sen. Paul explained. “You’ve seen those pictures of tens if not hundreds of thousands of people rioting in the street. Does that look like a stable country to you?”

“Combine that with some of the comments from President Morsi that were translated to say that Jews were bloodsuckers and descendants of apes and pigs. It doesn’t sound like a country we should be sending our most advanced weapons to,” Paul explained on the Thursday afternoon broadcast of “Your World” on the FOX News Channel.

“I don’t understand the other side,” Paul said. “The other side up here, they’re just so used to doing one thing, they used to having unlimited money. They’re used to the fact that they think we should buy our friends. They just keep doing the same thing, but I think it’s wrong.”

4 | February 2, 2013 5:15 pm

Great Lady. Good Quote.

Janet Evans ‏@janetevans
    Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” -- C.S. Lewis

5 | February 2, 2013 5:16 pm

@ 3 coldwarrior: He makes a lot of good points. Giving the planes to morsi almost the same as giving them to hitler.

6 | February 2, 2013 5:22 pm

Mom found dead in Turkey.

Even if it seems romantic it is just damed foolish to travel alone in any foreign country. Take the bus tour. Pay for the side vacation. If you make some really good friends go back and see it in more detail.

Women are faced with local customs and laws that make them vulnerble.

7 | February 2, 2013 5:32 pm

Cat on weight loss diet.

8 | February 2, 2013 5:32 pm

darkwords wrote:

if any of that hardware comes up against the IDF, consider it junk

9 | February 2, 2013 5:39 pm

@ 8 heysoos:
    I imagine the IDF is too tough for them and Morsi will be afraid of the French and Russians now. And on good terms with China, so his only leverage will be against US support forces unless Obama gives him another 8 bilion dollar handout. While 8 million mortgages in the US go underwater.

10 | February 2, 2013 5:47 pm

darkwords wrote:

@ 8 heysoos:

I don’t know about the tanks, but with the latest avionics, the F16 is an extremely deadly plane…I doubt those models went to Egypt, so in fact if they fight the IAF they are already at a disadvantage, and that’s not even considering the talent of IAF pilots…results in a Israeli shutout…as for the armor, IDF Merks are dangerously close in ability as an Abrahms…there again I doubt the Gyps can outfight them even with a marginally superior tank…result, lots of dead tanks and tankers…but it’s not the fighting capability it’s the goddamn principle of it, like throwing gas on a fire

11 | February 2, 2013 5:51 pm

BO bitch slaps his own troops once again…the troops take it on the chin while BO sops up his lavish lifestyle

12. song_and_dance_man
    12 | February 2, 2013 5:53 pm

Why bother with these baby steps. Let’s just give Iran 100 nukes.

/x3

13. brookly red
    13 | February 2, 2013 6:09 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Why bother with these baby steps. Let’s just give Iran 100 nukes.

/x3

I think 4 or 5 should do it ;)

14. 14 | February 2, 2013 6:11 pm

Note to PM Harper: Please allow your puddy tat to pee on Обама’s rug next time you’re in DC!

15. brookly red
    15 | February 2, 2013 6:12 pm

darkwords wrote:

@ 8 heysoos:

tanks are moot… they would have to get across the Sinai. Good luck with that. They can however bu useful in crushing any domestic resistance to the MB which is the real purpose.

16. Philip_Daniel
    16 | February 2, 2013 6:14 pm

One of these (Satur)days, we ought/need to do a Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli-centric Caturday segment…

17. 17 | February 2, 2013 6:14 pm

What a clusterfuck!

18. brookly red
    18 | February 2, 2013 6:19 pm

heysoos wrote:

it would be funny if it was in The Onion but this is the truth… O should be nicer to the military he may need them

19. brookly red
    19 | February 2, 2013 6:21 pm

Macker wrote:

What a clusterfuck!

why is anyone surprised? He trashes this country and supports jihadists… it’s not like it is out of character.

20 | February 2, 2013 6:23 pm

next up, a $500 voucher to help you get from Astan back to the states

21. Philip_Daniel
    21 | February 2, 2013 6:27 pm

@ brookly red:

If POTUS is demonstrably loathsome & contemptible, then what does that indicate about his myriad of acolytes?

22 | February 2, 2013 6:28 pm

me thinks BO is gonna need his EO lifetime SS protection

23. brookly red
    23 | February 2, 2013 6:30 pm

Philip_Daniel wrote:

@ brookly red:

Howdy stranger, you tell me?

24. brookly red
    24 | February 2, 2013 6:35 pm

brookly red wrote:

Howdy stranger, you tell me?

yeah, I thought so…

25 | February 2, 2013 6:39 pm

Philip_Daniel wrote:

myriad of acolytes?…how poetic
    I just call them goons

26. brookly red
    26 | February 2, 2013 6:43 pm

Philip_Daniel wrote:

myriad of acolytes?…how poetic
    I just call them goons

thanks for giving me time to look up what an acolyte was…

27. Philip_Daniel
    27 | February 2, 2013 6:45 pm

myriad of acolytes?…how poetic
    I just call them goons

Goons are far too respectable to be associated with such frenzied repugnant nihilists as “Looters ‘R’ Us”…

28. Philip_Daniel
    28 | February 2, 2013 6:46 pm

@ brookly red:

The Onion is really too tame a satire outfit…reality is typically more bizarre than the vast majority of Onion pieces…

29. brookly red
    29 | February 2, 2013 6:48 pm

Philip_Daniel wrote:

@ brookly red:

we live in interesting times.

30 | February 2, 2013 6:57 pm

@ brookly red:
    it’s interesting out there…
    too intesting

31. brookly red
    31 | February 2, 2013 7:01 pm

it is what it is. what shall be shall be.

32. brookly red
    32 | February 2, 2013 7:03 pm

Barry the clueless shotgunner

do you realize he may be the only guy from Chicago who can’t handle a gun? Weird huh?

33 | February 2, 2013 7:04 pm

@ brookly red:
    Can you see the image? I can’t.

34. brookly red
    34 | February 2, 2013 7:05 pm

@ brookly red:
    Can you see the image? I can’t.

nope you misfired I guess :)

35. brookly red
    35 | February 2, 2013 7:09 pm

well at the end of the day if O can have that gun in DC I want the same one in NYC… fair enough?

36 | February 2, 2013 7:12 pm

fuck the rules…do what you need to do

37. brookly red
    37 | February 2, 2013 7:15 pm

fuck the rules…do what you need to do

trust me I don’t need a long barrel shot gun in BK… it’s just a matter of principle

38 | February 2, 2013 7:18 pm

@ Philip_Daniel:

hey philip!

how goes school?

39. brookly red
    39 | February 2, 2013 7:20 pm

@ Philip_Daniel:

hey philip!

how goes school?

he learned a lot of fancy words…

40 | February 2, 2013 7:20 pm

Barry the clueless shotgunner

BWAHHAAHAHAHAAHAAAA!!!!!!!

that made me choke on my singapore noodles!

41 | February 2, 2013 7:21 pm

@ Philip_Daniel:
    hey philip!
    how goes school?

he learned a lot of fancy words…

hell, he’s toned it down a bit for us ruffians!

42. Calo
    42 | February 2, 2013 7:23 pm

I thought I was the only one who never understood him!

43. brookly red
    43 | February 2, 2013 7:25 pm

Barry the clueless shotgunner

BWAHHAAHAHAHAAHAAAA!!!!!!!

that made me choke on my singapore noodles!

people’s noodles you running dog lastist…

44 | February 2, 2013 7:25 pm

Barry the clueless shotgunner

BWAHHAAHAHAHAAHAAAA!!!!!!!

that made me choke on my singapore noodles!

It was a goofy pic of Barry and his shotgun but it wouldn’t show up. I’m workin on it.

45 | February 2, 2013 7:26 pm

Calo wrote:

I thought I was the only one who never understood him!

i have a thesaurus at the ready!

46. brookly red
    46 | February 2, 2013 7:26 pm

Calo wrote:

I thought I was the only one who never understood him!

you are special, but not that special

47 | February 2, 2013 7:27 pm

Calo wrote:
    I thought I was the only one who never understood him!

i have a thesaurus at the ready!

a large one?…is it chained?

48 | February 2, 2013 7:27 pm

Barry the clueless shotgunner
    BWAHHAAHAHAHAAHAAAA!!!!!!!
    that made me choke on my singapore noodles!

people’s noodles you running dog lastist…

long live the revolution!

glorious noodles of the proletariat!

49. yenta-fada
    49 | February 2, 2013 7:27 pm

@ Philip_Daniel:
    hey philip!
    how goes school?
    he learned a lot of fancy words…
    hell, he’s toned it down a bit for us ruffians!

Speaking of ‘tone’, PD has yet to post a fugue. tap. tap. Yo, PD!

50 | February 2, 2013 7:28 pm

Calo wrote:
    I thought I was the only one who never understood him!
    i have a thesaurus at the ready!

a large one?…is it chained?

it has had its shots, dont worry.

51. Calo
    51 | February 2, 2013 7:28 pm

@ brookly red:

You win the Blogmocracy Asshole Award.

It’s after 5PM, right?

52. brookly red
    52 | February 2, 2013 7:31 pm

Barry the clueless shotgunner
    BWAHHAAHAHAHAAHAAAA!!!!!!!
    that made me choke on my singapore noodles!

people’s noodles you running dog lastist…

long live the revolution!

glorious noodles of the proletariat!

yes bless Ear Leader that if I work 55 hours a week I can have Raman noodles… someday I hope to go on welfare and eat shrimp…

and get a free phone.

53. yenta-fada
    53 | February 2, 2013 7:32 pm

Speaking of wordsmiths, here’s a great Canadian writer. Conrad Black on Canada’s 2 women Provincial Premiers. He doesn’t like the social justice/lesbian/lefty one.

54 | February 2, 2013 7:32 pm

Barry the Clueless Shotgunner

55. brookly red
    55 | February 2, 2013 7:33 pm

Calo wrote:

@ brookly red:

You win the Blogmocracy Asshole Award.

It’s after 5PM, right?

and that’s MISTER Sphincter too you

56. 57 | February 2, 2013 7:35 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Good God! They are both ugly as SIN!

57. brookly red
    58 | February 2, 2013 7:35 pm

Barry the Clueless Shotgunner

looks like any other gurl in Flatbush… whats the big deal?

58. yenta-fada
    59 | February 2, 2013 7:36 pm

Philip_Daniel wrote:

We’re all doooomed?

60 | February 2, 2013 7:37 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

@ huckfunn:

Here’s another:

:grin: That’s great. Now I don’t wanna sound like an expert or anything, but I’m pretty sure the ammo is full vapor unicorn farts

60. brookly red
    61 | February 2, 2013 7:38 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

@ huckfunn:

Here’s another:

hey dude a 12 gauge load of Skittels in yo ass is nothing to laugh about

62 | February 2, 2013 7:42 pm

@ huckfunn:
    @ yenta-fada:

skeeters.

63 | February 2, 2013 7:43 pm

huckfunn wrote:

then it is 100% epa and global warming alarmist true!

(as seen in mother jones earth news)

63. brookly red
    64 | February 2, 2013 7:50 pm

you know that is what is wrong with kids today, it was so much more fun when we made our own guns in shop class… OK there were some problems, but we learned about quality control, strength of materials, and supply chains… real world skills, you know?

64. yenta-fada
    65 | February 2, 2013 7:50 pm

Philip_Daniel wrote:

myriad of acolytes?…how poetic
    I just call them goons

From smalldeadanimals; Zero’s Acolytes

65. yenta-fada
    66 | February 2, 2013 7:53 pm

Barry the Clueless Shotgunner
    looks like any other gurl in Flatbush… whats the big deal?

I need a regional map of NYC!

67 | February 2, 2013 7:55 pm

just returned from the hair salon…I now have a grey haired flat top…like Duke Nukem…
    come get some

67. brookly red
    68 | February 2, 2013 8:02 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Philip_Daniel wrote:

myriad of acolytes?…how poetic
    I just call them goons

From smalldeadanimals; Zero’s Acolytes

I really don’t think it is fair to highlight his most ignorant supporters… in fact it might be dare I say racist. Now highlight the UN, Al Gore, and some other “authorities” and you could make the same tape without looking like you were trying to make Black people look stupid.

68. Philip_Daniel
    69 | February 2, 2013 8:03 pm

@ yenta-fada:

70 | February 2, 2013 8:08 pm

@ Philip_Daniel:
    whatever that is…it’s not the blues

70. brookly red
    71 | February 2, 2013 8:09 pm

come get some

salon? salon? men go to barbers…

71. yenta-fada
    72 | February 2, 2013 8:12 pm

@ brookly red:

Given the overwhelming number of black people who support Zero, I think the facts are fair game. There is no way I would vote on the basis of religion, color, gender, etc. Sorry if it comes across as a racial issue, but it IS a racial issue.

73 | February 2, 2013 8:14 pm

come get some

salon? salon? men go to barbers…

it’s a male salon…Latinos are very deep into hair art…a fine carve can take up to an hour, I just watch like an anthropology class

74 | February 2, 2013 8:18 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

@ brookly red:

The percentage of black voters who supported Obama isn’t that much higher than it would be for any other Democrat candidate, really.

He did probably get a higher-than-normal turnout among black voters, though.

75 | February 2, 2013 8:19 pm

then it is 100% epa and global warming alarmist true!

(as seen in mother jones earth news)

Heh. Mother Jones. Reminds me of that TV add. “They can’t put it on the internet if it’s not true”. :roll:

75. brookly red
    76 | February 2, 2013 8:20 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

@ brookly red:

Look I think pointing out that Black people want other people to pay for his policies and think he is eligible for a third term casts him and his supporters in a negative light… you should consider the vast contributions this demographic has made to our society.

77 | February 2, 2013 8:20 pm

Well, Leia and I spent the enitre day at a gun show, surrounded by thousands of evil guns. Nobody got shot.

There may have been some people trampled trying to get to vendors selling ammo, though…

77. brookly red
    78 | February 2, 2013 8:21 pm

come get some

salon? salon? men go to barbers…

do they show gladiator movies?

78. yenta-fada
    79 | February 2, 2013 8:21 pm

@ Philip_Daniel:

Thanks for posting something new to me (as usual). :-)

79. brookly red
    80 | February 2, 2013 8:25 pm

/that is what is wrong with people today they are obsessed with hording ammo. Our founders defeated the most powerful army on earth not because they had huge stock piles of ammo. but because they knew how to shoot straight.

81 | February 2, 2013 8:27 pm

@ huckfunn:

Bonjour!

82 | February 2, 2013 8:27 pm

they are not obsessed, they are practical…hoarding is a relative term

83 | February 2, 2013 8:28 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    The Democrat Party is a coalition of special interests, Blacks, femiists, gays, greens,
    unionists, Liberals & Marxists etc.
    They will eventually start beating on each other when their interests diverge.
    The question is will it fracture the coalition at election time. I doubt it.

83. brookly red
    84 | February 2, 2013 8:29 pm

they are not obsessed, they are practical…hoarding is a relative term

that / in front… it means sarcasm

85 | February 2, 2013 8:29 pm

Barry the Clueless Shotgunner

Talkin’ about the man!

85. 86 | February 2, 2013 8:30 pm

they are not obsessed, they are practical…hoarding is a relative term

God knows I had to endure what Hoarding is for two and a half years…and the divorce is about to be finalized as soon as I get the signed decree back in the mail. Any day now….

86. brookly red
    87 | February 2, 2013 8:32 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    unionists, Liberals & Marxists etc.
    They will eventually start beating on each other when their interests diverge.
    The question is will it fracture the coalition at election time. I doubt it.

that is an economic question… if we print enough worthless fiat paper for them to share they will hold. If we do not they will kill each other for a box of mac n cheese mix.

87. yenta-fada
    88 | February 2, 2013 8:32 pm

yenta-fada wrote:
    @ brookly red:

White guilt allowed a man whose past is shrouded in secrecy to become President. Sure, there are many other factors, but Obama’s mixed racial heritage was used as a weapon to silence dissent.

89 | February 2, 2013 8:33 pm

brookly red wrote:

do they show gladiator movies?

We don’t need no steenking gladiator movies!

90 | February 2, 2013 8:33 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ huckfunn:

Bonjour!

Where’d they find that guy?

91 | February 2, 2013 8:33 pm

There were people walking around with rifles with ridiculous prices on them, though.

$1900 for a Colt M-4 style AR?

Umm…no thanks.

91. brookly red
    92 | February 2, 2013 8:34 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

yenta-fada wrote:
    @ brookly red:

do I need a sarc tag with you too?

92. brookly red
    93 | February 2, 2013 8:37 pm

$1900 for a Colt M-4 style AR?

Umm…no thanks.

think about it the price of a slice of pizza is the price of a subway fare… the price of an AR is the same as 1 ounce of gold. There is an order to the universe.

94 | February 2, 2013 8:38 pm

long live the revolution!

glorious noodles of the proletariat!

Stir frying the noodles depends on the Great Woksman!

95 | February 2, 2013 8:39 pm

@ brookly red:

The Dem coalition will turn on itself.
    But, I think that they will unite for elections.
    They want your stuff.

95. brookly red
    96 | February 2, 2013 8:43 pm

@ brookly red:

The Dem coalition will turn on itself.
    But, I think that they will unite for elections.
    They want your stuff.

I ran out of stuff…there is no more stuff. They need to starve to death or invade Mexico

96. yenta-fada
    97 | February 2, 2013 8:44 pm

Yes, apparently I do need a sarc tag. :-( *from time to time*

98 | February 2, 2013 8:44 pm

@ brookly red:

The Dem coalition will turn on itself.
    But, I think that they will unite for elections.
    They want your stuff.

I can’t shake the feeling that BO will make some fatal mistake

99 | February 2, 2013 8:45 pm

I can’t shake the feeling that BO will make some fatal mistake

Yeah, well hopefully it will be one fatal to him, and not the country.

99. brookly red
    100 | February 2, 2013 8:45 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

@ brookly red:

Yes, apparently I do need a sarc tag. *from time to time*

awwww you don’t know me that is the problem :)

100. brookly red
    101 | February 2, 2013 8:49 pm

The Osprey wrote:

I can’t shake the feeling that BO will make some fatal mistake

Yeah, well hopefully it will be one fatal to him, and not the country.

*sigh* we can’t escape the punishment for idol worship any more than those who bowed to baal… we are gonna take a major hit it has to be. There are enough of God’s children to survive and rebuild but it will never be the same.

101. Philip_Daniel
    102 | February 2, 2013 8:50 pm

@ Philip_Daniel:

hey philip!

how goes school?

Very well.

103 | February 2, 2013 8:52 pm

Paleo Zen

104 | February 2, 2013 8:53 pm

@ brookly red:

Shouldn’t that be “idle” worship in Obama’s case?

105 | February 2, 2013 8:57 pm

I can’t shake the feeling that BO will make some fatal mistake@ heysoos:

He seems to lead a charmed life. There is a lot that should sunk him, but he
    escapes. The MSM loves him & he always gets a pass.

105. brookly red
    106 | February 2, 2013 8:58 pm

Shouldn’t that be “idle” worship in Obama’s case?

does it matter? we did the crime we will do the time.

107 | February 2, 2013 8:59 pm

come get some

i’ve been wearing a flat top since i was a sophomore in high school.

welcome to the club.

107. tunnelrat
    108 | February 2, 2013 9:00 pm

Off topic:

I was stuck at Mc Carran field Tuesday morning for almost an hour waiting for a shuttle bus. Seems that some rich fat-cat one-percenter had flown in on a BIG private jet (which burns a lot of evil,dirty oil). He must have been awfully important because there were all sorts of police around and people with big scary looking guns. I heard that the President was coming to town that day too, and wish that he could have been there to stand up for us little people who just wanted a fair shot at getting out of the airport.

108. brookly red
    109 | February 2, 2013 9:00 pm

I can’t shake the feeling that BO will make some fatal mistake@ heysoos:

He seems to lead a charmed life. There is a lot that should sunk him, but he
    escapes. The MSM loves him & he always gets a pass.

the MSM? again I mention idolatry…who is this MSM that you worship?

110 | February 2, 2013 9:01 pm

The Osprey wrote:

long live the revolution!
    glorious noodles of the proletariat!

Stir frying the noodles depends on the Great Woksman!

JUCHE!

111 | February 2, 2013 9:02 pm

Philip_Daniel wrote:

@ Philip_Daniel:
    hey philip!
    how goes school?

Very well.

excellent. keep up the well above average work!

112 | February 2, 2013 9:27 pm

the MSM? again I mention idolatry…who is this MSM that you worship?@ brookly red:

au contraire mon ami. I find the MSM to de despiicable.
    But, they shape opinion.

112. brookly red
    113 | February 2, 2013 9:37 pm

au contraire mon ami. I find the MSM to de despiicable.
    But, they shape opinion.

they have only the power they are given, what poor souls do you know that they have power over?

114 | February 2, 2013 9:41 pm

@ brookly red:

Are you seriously saying that the Media does not shape opinion?
    You don’t know anybody that is influenced?

114. 115 | February 2, 2013 9:44 pm

brookly red wrote:

You learn to shoot straight by practicing with ammo. Hence the need for more ammo.

I can’t shake the feeling that BO will make some fatal mistake@ heysoos:

He seems to lead a charmed life. There is a lot that should sunk him, but he
    escapes. The MSM loves him & he always gets a pass.

Hitler never got shot when he was a trench messenger in WWI. Rumor had it that he had “the devil’s luck.”

Hitler’s gone but the devil isn’t. Just sayin’.

brookly red wrote:

They know each other have guns.

They’ll kill unarmed people for the mac n cheese mix.

115. 116 | February 2, 2013 9:45 pm

brookly red wrote:

au contraire mon ami. I find the MSM to de despiicable.
    But, they shape opinion.

Some of my own relatives, sadly enough.

116. 117 | February 2, 2013 9:48 pm

yenta-fada wrote:
    @ brookly red:
    He did probably get a higher-than-normal turnout among black voters, though.

It’s easier to get away with stealing votes in minority precincts because those are urban and are under the control of corrupt city political machines. And if someone complains that Obama should have won the precinct by only 65% and not 99%, how are they gonna prove that, considering all the peer pressure against any black who openly admits to voting GOP?

118 | February 2, 2013 9:51 pm

@ 1389AD:

I would love to see Obamas luck run out & see him impeached.
    Hell I would like tom see him frog marched to the slam.
    But alas, ain’t gonna happen.

119 | February 2, 2013 9:53 pm

I would love to see Obamas luck run out & see him impeached.
    Hell I would like tom see him frog marched to the slam.
    But alas, ain’t gonna happen.

racial hires dont get frog marched.

120 | February 2, 2013 9:56 pm

racial hires dont get frog marched.

Ever.

121 | February 2, 2013 9:57 pm

Good night all.

121. 122 | February 2, 2013 10:06 pm

racial hires dont get frog marched.

Ever.

True.

That said, Hitler came a cropper eventually, but it cost a terrible price to the rest of humanity to get him there.

123 | February 2, 2013 10:13 pm

@ 16 Philip_Daniel: how do you turn them off?

124 | February 2, 2013 10:16 pm

@ 54 huckfunn: You committed a sin there. Expect a knock at the door.

124. 125 | February 2, 2013 10:19 pm

Philip_Daniel wrote:

You can do a Caturday thread sometime. I’m going to have to go Blogaholics Anonymous pretty soon and cut back on my blogging. If you post a Caturday article maybe I can mirror it on 1389 Blog.

127 | February 2, 2013 10:33 pm

Snipers

129 | February 2, 2013 10:42 pm

darkwords wrote:

Author of “American Sniper” among the dead at Rough Creek

DAMN! He’s the guy who punched out Jesse Ventura. That lodge is just south of Glen Rose. I drove past there a couple of times a week when I worked up in the Barnett Shale. Sad to hear.

130 | February 2, 2013 10:44 pm

2nd Amendment saves 3

131 | February 2, 2013 10:45 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Bloomberg is going to be pushing his gun control crap during the Stupor Bowl.

I hope they enjoy wasting their money.

132 | February 2, 2013 10:48 pm

Possibly the dumbest idea yet:

Chicago Marchers Urge Obama To Come Home To Address Gun Violence, Jesse Jackson Calls For DHS To Patrol The Streets Of Chicago

Civil rights leader Jesse Jackson and relatives of victims of fatal shootings in Chicago urged President Barack Obama on Saturday to come back to his hometown and address the gun violence plaguing the city.

Before a march on the city’s South Side, Jackson, a former Democratic presidential candidate, said America’s third most populous city needed more help than Mayor Rahm Emanuel and police superintendent Garry McCarthy could offer.

“When the president shows up, it shows ultimate national seriousness,” said Jackson, a Chicago resident. He also called for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to help patrol the streets of Chicago.

Leaving aside the question of what part of DHS, exactly, he thinks should be doing local police work in Chicago (TSA?), I wonder if he’s considered what he’s actually admitting here, which is that the people he purports to represent are basically animals who are incapable of being governed?

133 | February 2, 2013 10:52 pm

Saudi Cleric’s Fatwa Calls For Baby Girls To Wear Burqas So Child Molesters Won’t Be Sexually Attracted To Them…

US cleric Lobo91 issues a fatwa calling for Saudi males to be castrated, instead.

134 | February 2, 2013 10:58 pm

I saw that. Only perverts could ever dream up most of the fatwas that those morons come up with.

132. Moe Katz
    135 | February 3, 2013 12:03 am

You can’t make this stuff up.

133. Calo
    136 | February 3, 2013 1:15 am

@ Moe Katz:
    What in the world is Moe up to?

I suppose I should recognize the avatar, but I don’t.

134. Moe Katz
    137 | February 3, 2013 1:25 am

@ Calo:
    Those are Pole dancers. Clean family entertainment.

135. Moe Katz
    138 | February 3, 2013 1:35 am

I’ve been struggling with a terrible cold. And I discovered that too much Tylenol, though not outside the recommended dosage, can give me hypotension, palpitations and arrhythmia. Apparently it’s not that rare in adults over 60, so I cut back on the dose.

136. Calo
    139 | February 3, 2013 3:05 am

@ Moe Katz:
    Bah, join the party. Arrhythmia is my middle name this week.
    And, it’s exhausting, trying to breathe, sadly enough.

Switching my meds around…