$3 million for 30 seconds… The SUPER BOWL Thread

by Carolina Girl ( 343 Comments › )
Filed under Uncategorized at February 3rd, 2013 - 5:30 pm

Super_Bowl_XLVII_logo

And this is the column I’ve been dreading. I mean really, what is there left to say about any of this. The “Har-bowl”? The “Bro-Bowl”? Attention centered on the coaches, who won’t be on the field, and not on the actual teams, who will. Well, except for the Ray Lewis controversy about the possible use of deer antlers (and isn’t that a visual none of us needed) and that player Chris from the 49ers who when asked about gays said he didn’t “go in for that sweet stuff.” (I think I can safely assume “Brokeback Mountain” isn’t in his Netflix queue). I’m not making a prediction, but I’m going with the Ravens, because (1) it’s Ray Lewis’ last game ever and (2) I’ve been eating a Subway Footlong BBQ Crow sandwich ever since that Kaepernick kid didn’t fold like a cheap card table in the playoffs. Of course you can’t go by me – see previous columns extolling the Texans and predicting Denver to go all the way.

HarbaughAs far as the Harbaugh brothers go, I don’t know much about them – I hated Jim when he coached Stanford and I have no reason to like him now, but that doesn’t change the fact he’s done wonders with the team. I’m waiting for the pregame show to devolve into a Smothers Brothers’ ripoff of “Mom always liked me best”. If you need to know which Harbaugh is which, it’s easy to remember – Johnny doesn’t have a continual facial expression of “I think I’ve just eaten bad shrimp.”

This column will publish an hour before the Superbowl, at 5:30 Eastern time. The first pre-game show will have started on CBS at 11:00 a.m. Eastern time, so by now you will have watched 6.5 hours of pregame for a game with one hour of playing time. And you will still have one hour to go. In that time, CBS will have done the following: (1) interviewed 4,675 NFL players, past and present, all of whom will make NO prediction as to the outcome; (2) interviewed Ray Lewis and everyone who ever knew the Harbaugh brothers, including the hot dog vendor on Poydras Street outside the Dome, who will give his views on defensive strategy, offensive strategy, and if yellow mustard is preferred by either brother on their weinee (you do with that phrase what you will).; (3) realize that by hour six, they have run out of things to talk about and will have started interviewing each other on the sidelines. You will also get the obligatory pre-game interview with Obama, at which time you will either go on another beer run or commence tiling your bathroom, depending on the items on your “to do” list.

By the time the coin gets tossed, chances are you will have forgotten what teams are playing.

Which, frankly, brings me to the real reason we watch the Super Bowl (unless you have a team involved, and even then it’s a toss up). The COMMERCIALS.

We have had greats in the past – the jammin’ frogs and anything involving the Budweiser Clydesdales (the football game is still my No. 1, although that one with colt thinking he’s really pulled the coach out of the bar is a close second). You know that no one will be looking a a reply of a great touchdown run on Monday – they’ll be hitting You Tube for a repeat of the commercials. At $3 million for half a minute, they are an incredible investment. And for a long time, they were the BEST part of the game. But lately, they’ve been lacking, so here’s some suggestions:

!. Can we get rid of the Go Daddy commercials with or without Danicka Patrick? Please? I find it hard to believe WOMEN are rushing to the computer to see what Dani’s doing next (of course, San Francisco is playing, but still….)

2. Budweiser – please. Stick to the Clydesdales. Those prohibition ads from last year? Seriously? I was praying for a repeat of “the Streaker.” You can’t go wrong with the ponies.

3. Chrysler didn’t SAVE Detroit. Calvin Johnson did. Ominious 300’s driving down Woodward Avenue and not being threatened with hijacking and a drive-by aren’t foolling anybody.

4. I do not watch the Super Bowl for tips on combatting global warming. If a Polar Bear shows up in a guy’s driveway, I want to see some serious man versus beast action. And since the man is a wimp who drives a car that doesn’t make any noise, I hope at least he’s tasty.

Enjoy the game, folks. Pop the cold ones and chow down on the wings. And I’ll see you all back here in the first week in September where you can look forward to more erroneous game outcome predictions and the occasional rant about Roger Goodell.

Comments

343 Responses to “$3 million for 30 seconds… The SUPER BOWL Thread”

1. 1 | February 3, 2013 5:41 pm

As long as it doesn’t become a Super BLOW where one team is ahead of the other by a minimum of 3 TD’s…and stays there…it’ll be OK to watch.
    Oh yeah, Go 49ers! Beat the Ray Lewises!

2. song_and_dance_man
    2 | February 3, 2013 5:42 pm

Temporary drive-by post since I have to make a beer and ribeye/fixins’ run.

If I had Gates-like money I would buy 30 minutes worth and expose The Chair. But then again they probably wouldn’t allow it, CBS being the most Lefty of the big 3 networks.

3 | February 3, 2013 5:42 pm

I have never missed the Super Bowl…
    I’ve never eaten a hot wing either

4. song_and_dance_man
    4 | February 3, 2013 5:43 pm

Macker wrote:

Oh yeah, Go 49ers! Beat the Ray Lewises!

I with you on that. A Ray Lewis defeat would be sweet.

bbiab

5. yenta-fada
    5 | February 3, 2013 5:43 pm

CG, you’re so smart! I don’t watch football unless hubby wants company. I do, however, have michellesmirror’s insider notes from Bam Bam’s Blackberry.

6. song_and_dance_man
    6 | February 3, 2013 5:44 pm

heysoos wrote:

I have never missed the Super Bowl…
    I’ve never eaten a hot wing either

Same with the former, but nay on the latter.

OK really bbiab.

7. 7 | February 3, 2013 5:48 pm

I owe The Osprey 10,000 Quatloos:

8 | February 3, 2013 5:49 pm

i still wonder why the super bowl isnt played on a saturday? it would make more sense than on a sunday night

9 | February 3, 2013 5:51 pm

you’re forgetting the religious aspect of the NFL

10 | February 3, 2013 5:54 pm

you’re forgetting the religious aspect of the NFL

they play on thursday and monday…and saturday during the playoffs

11 | February 3, 2013 5:57 pm

WTF:

Obama’s shotgun gambit came as he prepared to deliver a speech tomorrow in Minnesota to tackle gun violence — and a day before Newtown, Conn., students are to perform today at the Super Bowl in a national reminder of December’s school massacre.

???

12. 12 | February 3, 2013 5:58 pm

I hope the Fans BOO these schmuck students mercilessly!

13 | February 3, 2013 6:00 pm

you’re forgetting the religious aspect of the NFL
    they play on thursday and monday…and saturday during the playoffs

yes, those are holy days too

14 | February 3, 2013 6:01 pm

you’re forgetting the religious aspect of the NFL
    they play on thursday and monday…and saturday during the playoffs

yes, those are holy days too

well, praise st vince and pass the wings!

15 | February 3, 2013 6:02 pm

Macker wrote:

I hope the Fans BOO these schmuck students mercilessly!

this is rediculous

16. Doppelganger
    16 | February 3, 2013 6:02 pm

I like San Fran but not to cover

and Ray Lewis is still a murderer

17 | February 3, 2013 6:02 pm

you’re forgetting the religious aspect of the NFL
    they play on thursday and monday…and saturday during the playoffs
    yes, those are holy days too

well, praise st vince and pass the wings!

preach it, brother!

18. Doppelganger
    18 | February 3, 2013 6:03 pm

and WTF was that scumbag obama doing ruining the pregame?

can I get one day without that skeet shooting, mom jeans wearing marxist fouling my TV screen?

19 | February 3, 2013 6:04 pm

Doppelganger wrote:

I like San Fran but not to cover
    and Ray Lewis is still a murderer

I don’t think so, not in the same way as, for example, Ted Kennedy

20. 20 | February 3, 2013 6:06 pm

Doppelganger wrote:

and WTF was that scumbag obama doing ruining the pregame?

You didn’t get the memo that even during the Super Bowl, it’s all about HIM!

21. song_and_dance_man
    21 | February 3, 2013 6:07 pm

Because Sunday is the day when games are traditionally played.

22 | February 3, 2013 6:08 pm

WTF:

???

The NFL is really pushing the gun control bullshit hard.
    I hear Bloomturd and “Mumbles” Menino will be doing multiple commercials pushing it
    during this Stupor Bowl.

23. song_and_dance_man
    23 | February 3, 2013 6:09 pm

Doppelganger wrote:

and WTF was that scumbag obama doing ruining the pregame?

He has to stick his nose into everything. He’s worse than Wet Willie in the get-my-mug-on-tv aspect.

24 | February 3, 2013 6:09 pm

@ The Osprey:

that isnt going to fly well with the nfl fan base.

25. Doppelganger
    25 | February 3, 2013 6:09 pm

Macker wrote:

Doppelganger wrote:

and WTF was that scumbag obama doing ruining the pregame?

You didn’t get the memo that even during the Super Bowl, it’s all about HIM!

nice for Scott Pelley to play a little Softball on Superbowl Sunday

and ESPN said, thanks for the extra 30 million viewers that immediately switched channels

26. song_and_dance_man
    26 | February 3, 2013 6:11 pm

It’s like having Prince open for the Rolling Stones. I know, cause I was at that concert. He got booed and then booted off stage, literally by someone hitting him in the head with a thrown boot. Same thing here; totally different type of fans.

27. 27 | February 3, 2013 6:11 pm

Well, we’re fixing to eat a chicken, but for some reason it came with only two wings.

Cickens should have 8 wings and turkeys should have 4 legs. Where’s the NSF grant money for that critical research, hunh?

28. Doppelganger
    28 | February 3, 2013 6:12 pm

The Osprey wrote:

WTF:

???

The NFL is really pushing the gun control bullshit hard.
    during this Stupor Bowl.

the NFL is full of shit.

even this morning watching “CBS sunday morning” with that old far Bob Schieffer and he had Nance, Phil Simms and Shannon sharpe on and they were discussing how the NFL broadcasts no longer showcase violent hits.

then the next program that followed this broadcast was the “road to the superbowl” and it showcased the best plays of the year and the first 30 or so were violent hits!

29 | February 3, 2013 6:12 pm

@ The Osprey:
    that isnt going to fly well with the nfl fan base.

it’s a festival…using it as a venue regarding death and mayhem, politicizing the event will go down like a lead ballon

30. song_and_dance_man
    30 | February 3, 2013 6:13 pm

@ heysoos:
    Right. Yeah let’s promote gun control in a venue where the players are trying to smash each other.

31 | February 3, 2013 6:14 pm

@ Doppelganger:
    the NFL has no control over Simms and Sharpe…they speak for themselves or their network

32 | February 3, 2013 6:15 pm

Well, Bloomturd and Mumbles did it last year and they are doubling down on it this year.

33. Mars
    33 | February 3, 2013 6:16 pm

Doppelganger wrote:
    and WTF was that scumbag obama doing ruining the pregame?

And that’s bad. I was filming my kids birthday party a few years back and when I checked the video later, boom there was billy boy. ///

Seriously, the man had a serious camera obsession, so did my states last governor. He was on tv every freaking night and in the newspaper 2-3 times a week.

O makes them look like amateurs.

34. song_and_dance_man
    34 | February 3, 2013 6:17 pm

Doppelganger wrote:

Unnecessary violent hits, like those to the head or the knees. They do still encourage hard hitting football and the Pro Bowl is a prime example of how this has not changed. The Commish warned the players to play hard like they do in the regular season or the PB would be scrapped.

35. song_and_dance_man
    35 | February 3, 2013 6:19 pm

Mike C. wrote:

That’s what you get for shopping at a Whole Foods market.

36 | February 3, 2013 6:23 pm

is there a reason the national anthem has to be ruined every year?

sing it like it was written. nothing more nothing less

37. Dolphin
    37 | February 3, 2013 6:25 pm

That was probably the worst I have ever heard.

38 | February 3, 2013 6:26 pm

is there a reason the national anthem has to be ruined every year?
    sing it like it was written. nothing more nothing less

it’s a ‘living’ song, open to interpretation…
    spit

39 | February 3, 2013 6:27 pm

She made it “soulful”, and if we don’t like it we’re all RAAAAACISTS.

40. AZfederalist
    40 | February 3, 2013 6:28 pm

WTF:

???

Even assuming that shotgun picture want so sketchy as far as what is depicting, I really don’t understand how Jugears thinks this helps his credibility with gun owners and second amendment supporters. So Jugears is shooting a gun and expressing interest in skeet shooting as legitimate sport. So what? The aristocracy in all of those European countries that kept the peasants disarmed also enjoyed hunting and sporting at arms. They were the king’s lands in order to keep the peasants out such that the game was available exclusively for the aristocracy and those favored by the king. All Jugears is doing is showing that some people in the US will always be able to enjoy the sports forbidden to the peasants. So what? We knew that already

41 | February 3, 2013 6:28 pm

Mike C. wrote:

That’s what you get for shopping at a Whole Foods market.

No mutant chickens!

42 | February 3, 2013 6:29 pm

Dolphin wrote:

That was probably the worst I have ever heard.

horrible.

i hat that style when applied to the national anthem. it makes me sick.

43 | February 3, 2013 6:30 pm

@ AZfederalist:

+1 great post!

44 | February 3, 2013 6:30 pm

Dolphin wrote:

That was probably the worst I have ever heard.

horrible.

i hat that style when applied to the national anthem. it makes me sick.

I’m not in fr

45 | February 3, 2013 6:31 pm

ready to go…SF ballcoldwarrior wrote:

Dolphin wrote:
    That was probably the worst I have ever heard.

horrible.
    i hat that style when applied to the national anthem. it makes me sick.

agreed…my dad used to flip his lid, not overtly, but he considered these soul versions as defining the fall of America

46 | February 3, 2013 6:32 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Dolphin wrote:

That was probably the worst I have ever heard.

horrible.

i hat that style when applied to the national anthem. it makes me sick.

I’m not in fr

Crap… Damn touchscreen. I’m not in front of a teevee. Who is the Soulfull Black Warbler? :lol:

47. Dolphin
    47 | February 3, 2013 6:36 pm

@ heysoos:
    It sounded like she was mourning.

48. AZfederalist
    48 | February 3, 2013 6:37 pm

@ AZfederalist:

Even assuming that shotgun picture want so sketchy as far as what is depicting

Dang autocorrect!

That should have been:

Even assuming that shotgun picture wasn’t so sketchy as far as what it is depicting …

49 | February 3, 2013 6:38 pm

for the masses Phil Simms is calling the game…
    one of the toughest guys ever to play QB and when he was good he was utterly superb…one hell of a great player

50 | February 3, 2013 6:40 pm

Bal td…that was too easy

51 | February 3, 2013 6:41 pm

the ray lewis’s with a damn fine looking drive.

52 | February 3, 2013 6:41 pm

The Osprey wrote:

no clue

53. 53 | February 3, 2013 6:42 pm

So I can assume some “star” yodeled the National Anthem? You can thank Whitney Houston for re-introducing yodeling back into popular music.

54 | February 3, 2013 6:45 pm

Mike C. wrote:

years ago, she sang the NA at the NBA All Star game…straight up, no soul or gimmicks…it was a thing of beauty, by far the best ever in my time

55. AZfederalist
    55 | February 3, 2013 6:45 pm

Ok, that GoDaddy commercial was poor.

56. song_and_dance_man
    56 | February 3, 2013 6:46 pm

If not for the football being played this broadcast would be unbearable. I don’t know if any of you have noticed, but CBS has decided on a transitional graphic with CBS prominently shown after all the action. Watch for it. There are 2. One with the Lombardi trophy with CBS at the bottom and the other a NFL logo with CBS on the bottom. So far each one has appeared at least a dozen times in the little time the game has been on.

CBS, we know what channel we are watching. Sheeze.

57 | February 3, 2013 6:47 pm

i liked the audi commercial

58. AZfederalist
    58 | February 3, 2013 6:48 pm

Bal td…that was too easy

Yep, pretty much looks like the Ravens have this. 49ers didn’t have any offense and the defense was pretty ineffective.

59 | February 3, 2013 6:48 pm

Lewis just got burned for all you haters

60 | February 3, 2013 6:49 pm

Bal td…that was too easy

just starting…but both QBs have ice water for blood…they don’t choke

61. Bordm
    61 | February 3, 2013 6:50 pm

Alicia Keys was the ‘singer’ that butchered our National Anthem.

62. AZfederalist
    62 | February 3, 2013 6:51 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

CBS, we know what channel we are watching. Sheeze.

Yep, and we still aren’t going to watch any of your lame liberal morality play shows after the ball game is over. You still suck and don’t even have entertaining shows.

63. Dolphin
    63 | February 3, 2013 6:51 pm

@ The Osprey:
    It was so memorable I had to Google it. LOL!

Alicia Keys

And she screwed it up!

64. AZfederalist
    64 | February 3, 2013 6:53 pm

@ AZfederalist:

I may have to take that back, it appears the Ravens defense forgot to retake the field after their first touchdown.

65 | February 3, 2013 6:55 pm

@ AZfederalist:

I love football, you can be getting your ass kicked then boom!, you’re right back in it

66. song_and_dance_man
    66 | February 3, 2013 6:56 pm

i liked the audi commercial

Unfortunately for them the ad time is spent here. Boo ya.

67. AZfederalist
    67 | February 3, 2013 6:56 pm

Best Buy commercial was a waste of money. No wonder they are going bankrupt

68. Tanker
    68 | February 3, 2013 6:56 pm

The strut monkey show begins!
    I’m starting to hate the NFL

69 | February 3, 2013 6:56 pm

What is this “Super Bowl” thing I keep hearing about?

70. AZfederalist
    70 | February 3, 2013 6:58 pm

What is this “Super Bowl” thing I keep hearing about?

The (sometimes) one football game I watch each year.

71. song_and_dance_man
    71 | February 3, 2013 6:58 pm

What is this “Super Bowl” thing I keep hearing about?

It has to do with something about scrubbing bubbles. Oh, and glitter.

72 | February 3, 2013 6:58 pm

Best Buy commercial was a waste of money. No wonder they are going bankrupt

The main reason Best Buy is going bankrupt is competition from online vendors.

Serves them right. They forced most of the other brick and mortar electronics stores out of business by undercutting them. Now the same thing is happening to them.

73 | February 3, 2013 6:59 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

Leia was all excited for a minute. She thought it involved a really big bowl of dog food.

74. song_and_dance_man
    74 | February 3, 2013 7:00 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

Not me. I don’t watch CBS for any reason.

75. 75 | February 3, 2013 7:00 pm

What is this “Super Bowl” thing I keep hearing about?

It’s something put on by The National Chicken Council to sell wings…

76 | February 3, 2013 7:01 pm

You must be able to pack a lot of herb in it!

77. AZfederalist
    77 | February 3, 2013 7:03 pm

Yep. People are using them as a showroom, then go buy online.

78. song_and_dance_man
    78 | February 3, 2013 7:04 pm

the best thing about this SB is the brotherhood of the coaches. Other than that, well other that the Raiders aren’t there, is a bit underwhelming. But I cannot miss a SB and lose a watch streak.

79 | February 3, 2013 7:04 pm

unthinkable…we are deep in now, bro

80. song_and_dance_man
    80 | February 3, 2013 7:04 pm

She was close.

81. Mars
    81 | February 3, 2013 7:05 pm

ready to go…SF ballcoldwarrior wrote:
    Dolphin wrote:
    That was probably the worst I have ever heard.
    horrible.
    i hat that style when applied to the national anthem. it makes me sick.

My dad too. It royally pissed him off. He found it disrespectful.

(It doesn’t help that Francis Scott Key was related by marriage. My great uncle was a direct descendent.)

82. Dolphin
    82 | February 3, 2013 7:05 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    I was wondering about that -- so they are brothers?

83. song_and_dance_man
    83 | February 3, 2013 7:06 pm

@ Dolphin:
    yeppers

84. Dolphin
    84 | February 3, 2013 7:06 pm

Hubby just won $500!!!!

85 | February 3, 2013 7:07 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    I was wondering about that — so they are brothers?

yes, of course…Michigan boyz

86 | February 3, 2013 7:07 pm

Hubby just won $500!!!!

nice!

87 | February 3, 2013 7:07 pm

i liked the audi commercial

No Green Police this year, I take it?

88 | February 3, 2013 7:08 pm

Hubby just won $500!!!!

a $2k pool it serious business…good for him

89. AZfederalist
    89 | February 3, 2013 7:08 pm

How did the gun show go this weekend? Get more sign ups for classes?

90 | February 3, 2013 7:08 pm

Hubby just won $500!!!!
    nice!

Where I just was, that would buy 1/4 of an AR-15.

91. Dolphin
    91 | February 3, 2013 7:08 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    That is really cool. I was cooking when they were talking about the couches, but did notice the same last name. Mama’s got to be proud!

92 | February 3, 2013 7:09 pm

93 | February 3, 2013 7:10 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

How did the gun show go this weekend? Get more sign ups for classes?

It was ridiculously busy yesterday. Not so much today.

Personally, I wasn’t very busy at all. Most people seemed to be looking for ammo.

94. Dolphin
    94 | February 3, 2013 7:10 pm

HOA dues and car insurance. Not that exciting (yet).

95 | February 3, 2013 7:10 pm

The Osprey wrote:

i liked the audi commercial

No Green Police this year, I take it?

8 cyl of teutonic fire breathing machine

96. Mars
    96 | February 3, 2013 7:11 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    CBS, we know what channel we are watching. Sheeze.

Yep, and we still aren’t going to watch any of your lame liberal anti-morality play shows after the ball game is over. You still suck and don’t even have entertaining shows.

FIFY

97. AZfederalist
    97 | February 3, 2013 7:11 pm

How was the firearm supply?

98 | February 3, 2013 7:11 pm

@ Dolphin:

thats a funny typo there.

99 | February 3, 2013 7:12 pm

The Osprey wrote:

i liked the audi commercial

No Green Police this year, I take it?

8 cyl of teutonic fire breathing machine

Good. Their commercial last year or the year before was some Eco-Nazi thing.

100. song_and_dance_man
    100 | February 3, 2013 7:12 pm

unthinkable…we are deep in now, bro

I lost a lot of stuff when I moved here, and some of those items were VHS recordings of the div and conf playoffs since vhs was available; 82 or 3. And I had all of the SB recorded fro that point in time as well. They were lost, or rather sold to the highest bidder in a Storage auction.

101. Mars
    101 | February 3, 2013 7:14 pm

unthinkable…we are deep in now, bro

I don’t even want to think of all the things I lost in storage units. Two times I had to default.

102 | February 3, 2013 7:14 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

How was the firearm supply?

There seemed to be a decent supply, although prices were high.

It’s hard to judge how actual sales went, since it’s taking 10 days to get background checks done now. In the past, you could get an idea by watching people walk out the door with guns.

Not anymore.

103. Mars
    103 | February 3, 2013 7:15 pm

Not sure why the advertising experts thought a largely male audience wanted to see a man in his underwear.

104. Mars
    104 | February 3, 2013 7:15 pm

AZfederalist wrote:
    How was the firearm supply?
    There seemed to be a decent supply, although prices were high.
    Not anymore.

Wow, we’re still managing same day up here.

105. Dolphin
    105 | February 3, 2013 7:17 pm

Yep -- color me embarrassed!

LOL.

106 | February 3, 2013 7:17 pm

Kruggers: NRA Is “An Insane Organization”…

CARLY FIORINA, FORMER CEO HEWLETT PACKARD: Paul said something that’s illustrative of what I meant when I said people overplay their hands. What Paul just did was lump everybody together as a crazy radical gun-owner.

KRUGMAN: Not true.

FIORINA: Yes. So you’re condemning people…

KRUGMAN: No, there are plenty of gun-owners who are fine. But the lobbying groups, the NRA is now revealed as an insane organization, and that matters quite a lot.

On behalf of our now 4.3 million members, screw you.

And if you want to talk about “insane organizations,” what about the fact that the NY Times continues to pay your salary?

107. AZfederalist
    107 | February 3, 2013 7:18 pm

The Osprey wrote:

The Osprey wrote:

i liked the audi commercial

No Green Police this year, I take it?

8 cyl of teutonic fire breathing machine

Good. Their commercial last year or the year before was some Eco-Nazi thing.

Thanks for that reminder of who was responsible for that abomination.

108. song_and_dance_man
    108 | February 3, 2013 7:19 pm

Mars wrote:

The item I lament over the most was a Woods lithograph of the Grand Tetons I found in a small thrift store. It was numbered but had no autograph. That and my sons Pokemon card collection. He lamented more for that than I.

109 | February 3, 2013 7:19 pm

@ Mars:

That’s probably because your state doesn’t use a duplicative state-run system to do its checks like Colorado does.

The Dems just killed another attempt to eliminate it and go back to the federal system. They actually like the backlog.

Oh, and they’re trying to implement a user fee to make gun owners pay for the crappy service.

110. AZfederalist
    110 | February 3, 2013 7:20 pm

Mars wrote:

Or playing dress up. … And then multiple men doing the same

111. AZfederalist
    111 | February 3, 2013 7:22 pm

since it’s taking 10 days to get background checks done now

What happened to instant check?

112. song_and_dance_man
    112 | February 3, 2013 7:22 pm

Mars wrote:

I blame Chair for that. Influence baby. /

113 | February 3, 2013 7:22 pm

Flacco has become quite the good quarterback!

114 | February 3, 2013 7:22 pm

now we’ll see what the Niners are made of

115. song_and_dance_man
    115 | February 3, 2013 7:23 pm

@ Dolphin:
    Can you email me? Thanks

116 | February 3, 2013 7:24 pm

Voodoo dolls funny.

117 | February 3, 2013 7:25 pm

well, td, ravens

118 | February 3, 2013 7:25 pm

since it’s taking 10 days to get background checks done now
    What happened to instant check?

“It depends on the meaning of ‘instant’…”

119. song_and_dance_man
    119 | February 3, 2013 7:25 pm

The best thing about the SB commercials is I’m missing them all. I blame all of you for that.

120 | February 3, 2013 7:25 pm

@ Mars:

That’s a lot like Commiefornia. Sounds like Colorado has been subjected to Californication as far as some of your firearms laws go.

I found a Glock 17 at a reasonable price today so I bought it. They’ve been as rare as hens teeth lately.
    In Arizona, if you carry an AZ CCW Permit, that is your background check. Fill out the 4473, pay the gunstore, and you are on your way. The other good reason to have a permit, even though you no longer need one, is reciprocity and ability to carry concealed in State Parks.

121 | February 3, 2013 7:25 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Voodoo dolls funny.

122. song_and_dance_man
    122 | February 3, 2013 7:26 pm

@ Speranza:
    He’s got a good arm for deep balls; er… throws.

123. AZfederalist
    123 | February 3, 2013 7:26 pm

Oh, Colorado thing. Sad to see what has happened to my home state. Of course I grew up during the Dick “Stand Up for me dammit!” Lamb years.

124. Mars
    124 | February 3, 2013 7:28 pm

The Osprey wrote:

@ Mars:

Colorado got horribly californiacated. They stick to certain areas, but the infestation has gotten into the state government.

125 | February 3, 2013 7:28 pm

@ The Osprey:

It’s really messing up gun shows.

Undoubtedly why the White House is so determined to make it a nationwide thing.

126. Doppelganger
    126 | February 3, 2013 7:29 pm

well it’s what I told a few people today that told me San Fran was going to run all over Baltimore

uh, was this the same baltimore that just went to new england and schooled the pats?

127. AZfederalist
    127 | February 3, 2013 7:29 pm

@ The Osprey:

Yep.

128. song_and_dance_man
    128 | February 3, 2013 7:29 pm

Here’s my prediction for Superbowl Sunday. After the game there will be a lot of drunk posters logging on.

I will be one of them.

129 | February 3, 2013 7:29 pm

@ Mars:

Yeah, because they now outnumber us.

130. Dolphin
    130 | February 3, 2013 7:32 pm

Done.

131. song_and_dance_man
    131 | February 3, 2013 7:35 pm

well, td, ravens

Speranza must not like that, as do I.

132. song_and_dance_man
    132 | February 3, 2013 7:36 pm

Well, that fake almost worked.

133 | February 3, 2013 7:36 pm

Doppelganger wrote:

that’s why they play the game

134. Dolphin
    134 | February 3, 2013 7:40 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    If they had made the fg -- hubby’s numbers would have hit again. Bummer.

135 | February 3, 2013 7:42 pm

should have gone for the points

136. song_and_dance_man
    136 | February 3, 2013 7:43 pm

@ Dolphin:

Bummers are sometimes good. I have nothing invested in this game other than wanting the Ravens to lose.

137 | February 3, 2013 7:43 pm

You know, some of the comments I’ve seen from libs about the death of Chris Kyle are really starting to piss me off.

One jackass, after suggesting that he deserved to die, since “war and killing are always wrong,” actually asked “How many of the people he killed were innocent?”

Hmm…since he was a SEAL sniper, I’m going to guess somewhere around zero. That’s about as discriminating a targeting system as you’re going to find, after all.

138. Dolphin
    138 | February 3, 2013 7:45 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    Me either. Probably won’t make it to the end.

Was that last Coke commercial an us against the mussies? Pretty good.

139 | February 3, 2013 7:47 pm

Boring Bowl so far..hold the score here, then unleash the Kid

140 | February 3, 2013 7:48 pm

Bye bye San Fran!

141. AZfederalist
    141 | February 3, 2013 7:49 pm

That civil discourse BS sure didn’t last long, did it?

142. Dolphin
    142 | February 3, 2013 7:49 pm

Taco Bell and Sketchers pretty good commercials.

143 | February 3, 2013 7:50 pm

That’s a sweet Lincoln.

144 | February 3, 2013 7:50 pm

@ Speranza:
    He’s got a good arm for deep balls; er… throws.

Only a few seasons ago the debate was whether Joe Flacco is anything more than an average QB.

145. AZfederalist
    145 | February 3, 2013 7:50 pm

@ Dolphin:

Doesn’t look like that is going to happen. SF seems to be struggling on defense, but they are struggling on offense.

146 | February 3, 2013 7:50 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

That civil discourse BS sure didn’t last long, did it?

Nope

147. AZfederalist
    147 | February 3, 2013 7:52 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    Me either. Probably won’t make it to the end.

Was that last Coke commercial an us against the mussies? Pretty good.

Even better, the muzzle wasn’t even in the running. Now watch, he, as the believed underdog will wind up winning.

148 | February 3, 2013 7:54 pm

I’m watching this morning’s Fox News Sunday.

Mark Kelly needs to STFU, because he clearly has no idea what he’s talking about.

I’m getting tired of the bogus stats they keep throwing out. “1.7 million criminals have been prevented from buying a gun.”

Bullshit. There have been 1.7 million preliminary rejections by the NICS system since it was started. 95% of those were later found to be in error.

149. AZfederalist
    149 | February 3, 2013 7:54 pm

@ AZfederalist:

Muzzie, not muzzle, and beloved, not believed.

150. Dolphin
    150 | February 3, 2013 7:55 pm

@ AZfederalist:
    Wouldn’t doubt it.

151. AZfederalist
    151 | February 3, 2013 7:57 pm

Tell a lie often enough with a complicit and sympathetic MSM and it becomes the truth. Goebbels would be proud.

152 | February 3, 2013 7:59 pm

“I spent 25 years in the military. I know the value of an assault weapon, and it’s to kill a lot of people in a short time.”
    --Mark Kelly

Yeah, I’m guessing that he used a lot of “assault weapons” in his career as a Navy pilot and astronaut.

153. AZfederalist
    153 | February 3, 2013 8:04 pm

--Mark Kelly

Like three or four people invading your home?

Neglecting for the moment that the working definition of “assault weapon” is “scary looking black gun” that is functionally equivalent to many other firearms.

154 | February 3, 2013 8:05 pm

niners really need to get their heads out of their buts

155 | February 3, 2013 8:05 pm

WTF? The Niners look outclassed so far.
    One more half, but they have to adjust.
    I know a lot of people want Ray Lewis to go out with
    a ring. Not me.

156 | February 3, 2013 8:05 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

Another bogus statistic they keep using is the claim that “40% of gun sales are done without a background check.” I’ll bet almost nobody on the anti-gun side even knows the origin of that one.

It comes from a study that was conducted between 1991-93 (before the Brady bill, BTW). They studied a whopping 251 gun transfers (not all of them sales) and found that 36% were done between private parties. Most of those were made within families.

Anyone with half a brain should see the rather obvious problem with a claim that some percentage of gun sales are made without background checks, anyway. Since we’re talking about sale where there’s no official record, how do they know how many there were?

157 | February 3, 2013 8:06 pm

“So Dan, how was your week?”

158. AZfederalist
    158 | February 3, 2013 8:07 pm

At some point people like Kelly use up any of the respect due them based upon their service to our country and merely become just more lying, opportunistic political hacks. Kelly crossed that line several months ago; he no longer even deserves a thank you for his service, he just used it to advance his political career.

159 | February 3, 2013 8:08 pm

And Chris Wallace clearly can’t be trusted on this issue.

He’s arguing with Lapierre about whether or not the Dems want a universal gun registration.

If you don’t have registration, how do you enforce a “universal background check”?

160 | February 3, 2013 8:09 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

I hear he’s looking at running for the Senate now.

161 | February 3, 2013 8:09 pm

WTF? The Niners look outclassed so far.
    One more half, but they have to adjust.
    I know a lot of people want Ray Lewis to go out with
    a ring. Not me.

i do.

the bigger the better.

162 | February 3, 2013 8:13 pm

Chris Wallace is officially on my shit list now.

163 | February 3, 2013 8:13 pm

not exactly Tom Petty

164 | February 3, 2013 8:14 pm

WTF? The Niners look outclassed so far.
    One more half, but they have to adjust.
    I know a lot of people want Ray Lewis to go out with
    a ring. Not me.

i do.

the bigger the better.

Your into that AFC East thing?

165 | February 3, 2013 8:15 pm

@ Mars:

Yeah, because they now outnumber us.

I started traveling to Colorado on business in 2006 and every year I went Denver seemed to get more and more overrun with hipster libs and those sort of outdoorsy eco hippies…you know the type…weed smoking, hacky sack playing backpackers with those goofy Peruvian knit hats.

166. Dolphin
    166 | February 3, 2013 8:15 pm

@ heysoos:
    Bit self absorbed (byoncey) -- not you!

167 | February 3, 2013 8:16 pm

not exactly Tom Petty

howler monkeys

168 | February 3, 2013 8:16 pm

@ The Osprey:

I haven’t been to Denver since 2010, and I only live 75 miles away.

169. AZfederalist
    169 | February 3, 2013 8:17 pm

Chris Wallace is officially on my shit list now.

He wasn’t before?

170 | February 3, 2013 8:17 pm

It must be half time. Did Bouncy bring her cRapper hubby, the Joe Camel lookalike into the show as well?

171. AZfederalist
    171 | February 3, 2013 8:18 pm

not exactly Tom Petty

howler monkeys

LOL. :-)

172 | February 3, 2013 8:18 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

Chris Wallace is officially on my shit list now.
    He wasn’t before?

Not really. He’s generally fairly even-handed.

That segment was a disgrace. Maybe his contract is coming up for renewal and he wants a job at MSNBC

173 | February 3, 2013 8:18 pm

Chris Wallace is officially on my shit list now.

The elites don’t want the peasants to have weapons. That’s it, bottom line.

174 | February 3, 2013 8:20 pm

not exactly Tom Petty
    howler monkeys

LOL.

when the practicing the choreography took more time than the music i tend to get jaded.

175. Mars
    175 | February 3, 2013 8:21 pm

Wow this is the most boring ass halftime show I’ve ever had the displeasure of seeing. I guess she thinks adding a ton of hot women on stage makes up for the absolutely generic nature of her singing.

This sucks.

176 | February 3, 2013 8:22 pm

177 | February 3, 2013 8:22 pm

WTF? The Niners look outclassed so far.
    One more half, but they have to adjust.
    I know a lot of people want Ray Lewis to go out with
    a ring. Not me.
    i do.
    the bigger the better.

Your into that AFC East thing?

afc north.

baltimore is afc north. and as i agrue with the steeler faithful:

‘if ray ray played for the steelers he would be your favorite.’

i wish he had played in pgh.

178. Dolphin
    178 | February 3, 2013 8:22 pm

Check yur e-mail!

179 | February 3, 2013 8:24 pm

Mars wrote:

This sucks.

Yeah, left me cold. I think that I got old.

180. AZfederalist
    180 | February 3, 2013 8:25 pm

@ Mars:

I switched over to the Military Channel during half time. Battle of Saipan. May as well learn something, watching a bunch of half naked low talented singers doesn’t seem worth it.

181. 181 | February 3, 2013 8:25 pm

Mars wrote:

This sucks.

Which is probably how she got as far as she did in her career….

182. 182 | February 3, 2013 8:26 pm

If a guy who got away with MURDER played for the Steelers, I’d stop rooting for them.

183 | February 3, 2013 8:27 pm

not exactly Tom PettyAZfederalist wrote:

@ Mars:

my dad fought for weeks on Saipan…in fact the entire 2d was shot to pieces and missed Iwo…very tough fight

184 | February 3, 2013 8:27 pm

Speaking of idiots who can kiss my ass:

185 | February 3, 2013 8:27 pm

afc north.

baltimore is afc north. and as i agrue with the steeler faithful:

‘if ray ray played for the steelers he would be your favorite.’

i wish he had played in pgh.@ coldwarrior:

I hear ya, just not particularly a Ray Lewis fan.
    Steelers are AFC North huh?

186. 186 | February 3, 2013 8:28 pm

My opinion of the “Reverend” Baby Daddy Jesse Jackson remains [Deleted]!

187. AZfederalist
    187 | February 3, 2013 8:28 pm

Yeah, left me cold. I think that I got old.

Nope, discerning. Since all of today’s starlets insist on displaying s much of themselves as they can get away with, you may as well watch the ones that are good looking and talented. The ones on stage looked more angry than alluring. That black costume stuff doesn’t do it for me.

188 | February 3, 2013 8:28 pm

@ Bumr50:

i miss jerry

189. Dolphin
    189 | February 3, 2013 8:29 pm

@ Mars:
    At least there was no wardrobe malfunction. AND as an added bonus her hubby wasn’t present.

190 | February 3, 2013 8:29 pm

Macker wrote:

in what court was he guilty of murder?

were you there?

were those guys trying to rob him and his friends? (probably)

191 | February 3, 2013 8:30 pm

Jesse Jackson is just an extortionist.
    As a kid, I was there on a construction site for one of his early shake downs.

192 | February 3, 2013 8:32 pm

thanks for that…these Ray haters are really ill informed…I don’t get involved

193 | February 3, 2013 8:32 pm

This is now getting out of control.

194 | February 3, 2013 8:32 pm

holy shit

195. AZfederalist
    195 | February 3, 2013 8:32 pm

@ heysoos:

We owe your dad a debt of gratitude. Yes,that was one of the turning points, the destruction of Japan’s carriers was a strategic keystone for the rest of the war.

196. 196 | February 3, 2013 8:33 pm

Link

Lewis’ attorneys, Don Samuel and Ed Garland, of the Atlanta law firm Garland, Samuel & Loeb, negotiated a plea agreement with Howard, where the murder charges against Lewis were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting,[50] and his guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.[15] Lewis admitted he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings. Superior Court Judge Alice D. Bonner sentenced Lewis to 12 months’ probation, the maximum sentence for a first-time offender,[51] and he was fined $250,000 by the NFL, which was believed to be the highest fine levied against an NFL player for an infraction not involving substance abuse.[52] Under the terms of the sentence, Lewis could not use drugs or alcohol during the duration of the probation.

Respice te, hominem te memento….

197 | February 3, 2013 8:33 pm

109 yd td!!!!

198 | February 3, 2013 8:34 pm

I loved his bit about how the guy in Aurora could have “shot down an airliner” with his semi-auto AR-15, because the theater is “right by the runway.”

Leaving aside his lack of knowledge about the local geography (that theater is at least 10 miles from the airport), I’d really like to see someone shoot down an airliner with a .223

199 | February 3, 2013 8:35 pm

@ Macker:

and he got away with MURDER’ your words how?

did he murder? no.

then “Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000.[53][54] No other suspects have ever been arrested for the crime. ”

i rest my case

200. AZfederalist
    200 | February 3, 2013 8:35 pm

Looks like the Ravens showed up for the second half as well.

201. AZfederalist
    201 | February 3, 2013 8:37 pm

Now that’s just getting plain silly

202 | February 3, 2013 8:37 pm

thanks for that…these Ray haters are really ill informed…I don’t get involved

you know its bad when asteelers fan is defending ray lewis.

203. 203 | February 3, 2013 8:38 pm

They still have to answer to GOD…like we all do.

204 | February 3, 2013 8:38 pm

thanks for that…these Ray haters are really ill informed…I don’t get involved

@ heysoos:

Oh calm down, I don’t care enough about Ray Lewis to hate him.
    Bet that you bare just sooooo super informed./

205 | February 3, 2013 8:38 pm

lights out!!!

206 | February 3, 2013 8:41 pm

Macker wrote:

They still have to answer to GOD…like we all do.

this aint the end times and i aint god, here he had to answer to a judge.

not guilty and he has been an exemplary member of society since then.

207 | February 3, 2013 8:41 pm

Jesse Jackson is just a hustler.

208 | February 3, 2013 8:41 pm

wow…power crashes

209. Dolphin
    209 | February 3, 2013 8:43 pm

@ heysoos:
    Bush is to blame!!

210. AZfederalist
    210 | February 3, 2013 8:43 pm

lights out!!!

Oops, somebody leaned on the wrong switch. The facilities folks are doing the mad s ramble, wouldn’t want to be in their shoes. However, it does give them more opportunity to show high dollar commercials

211 | February 3, 2013 8:43 pm

@ heysoos:

Maybe it was Beyonce…

212 | February 3, 2013 8:43 pm

I got your “Confederate Terrorists” right here, Jesse.

213. AZfederalist
    213 | February 3, 2013 8:44 pm

So, who does the delay help?

214 | February 3, 2013 8:45 pm

I needed to see Smith’s ass.

Thanks, CBS.

215. 215 | February 3, 2013 8:45 pm

not guilty and he has been an exemplary member of society since then.

NO, the charges were dropped, he never went to trial. If he did and was found Not Guilty, it’d be a different story. And Lewis’ two peeps were also acquitted? The government definitely fucked up!

216. AZfederalist
    216 | February 3, 2013 8:45 pm

Oh boy, now the reporter silliness starts.

Going back to the military channel

217 | February 3, 2013 8:46 pm

@ heysoos:
    Bush is to blame!!

clearly, had dick cheney and chinpymcbushitler not had that weather machine and created katrina to destroy the chocolate city, this power outage would have never occurred.

218 | February 3, 2013 8:47 pm

Cowher is stylin’!

219 | February 3, 2013 8:48 pm

Macker wrote:

not guilty and he has been an exemplary member of society since then.

parse it however you like. the end result is not guilty of murder. you said he got away with murder.

220. Dolphin
    220 | February 3, 2013 8:48 pm

@ coldwarrior
    Exactly!

221. tunnelrat
    221 | February 3, 2013 8:49 pm

Waiting for Obama to comment on this. “The electricians acted stupidly”.

222 | February 3, 2013 8:50 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

So, who does the delay help?

defense , i would guess?

223. brookly red
    223 | February 3, 2013 8:51 pm

are they rioting in san fran yet?

224 | February 3, 2013 8:51 pm

@ coldwarrior
    Exactly!

oh yes! its ALL chimpymcbushitler’s fault!

225. tunnelrat
    225 | February 3, 2013 8:53 pm

We need comprehensive stadium lighting reform. The time to act is now!

226 | February 3, 2013 8:53 pm

tunnelrat wrote:

Waiting for Obama to comment on this. “The electricians acted stupidly”.

damned electrons! they spun stupidly!

227 | February 3, 2013 8:53 pm

tunnelrat wrote:

Waiting for Obama to comment on this. “The electricians acted stupidly”.

@ tunnelrat:
    Not if they’re union.

228 | February 3, 2013 8:53 pm

tunnelrat wrote:

We need comprehensive stadium lighting reform. The time to act is now!

there is no excuse for this, really.

229. Dolphin
    229 | February 3, 2013 8:54 pm

The announcers are getting there. 20 min -- give them time they will run out of things to talk about.

230 | February 3, 2013 8:54 pm

tunnelrat wrote:
    Waiting for Obama to comment on this. “The electricians acted stupidly”.

@ tunnelrat:
    Not if they’re union.

do they need unions in norla to be corrupt and not do thier jobs?

231 | February 3, 2013 8:54 pm

@ coldwarrior
    Exactly!

oh yes! its ALL chimpymcbushitler’s fault!

I blame it on racist Confederate Terrorists waving Tennessee flags, trying to rob Ray Lewis of his glorious victory.

/Jesse Jackson and Charles Johnson

232 | February 3, 2013 8:57 pm

The Osprey wrote:

@ coldwarrior
    Exactly!
    oh yes! its ALL chimpymcbushitler’s fault!

/Jesse Jackson and Charles Johnson

yeah! damned racists!

233. Dolphin
    233 | February 3, 2013 8:57 pm

Not sure, but I think LA is a right to work state. I may be wrong.

lily???

234. tunnelrat
    234 | February 3, 2013 8:59 pm

The players just want a fair shot to play this football game.

235 | February 3, 2013 8:59 pm

do they need unions in norla to be corrupt and not do thier jobs?

No, they have made an art form out of it, but unions add to the mix.

236. AZfederalist
    236 | February 3, 2013 9:01 pm

@ Dolphin:

LA may be right to work, but I’ll bet that union membership in NOLA may be. Healthy s not paying protection money to the mob.

237. AZfederalist
    237 | February 3, 2013 9:02 pm

@ AZfederalist:
    Healthy as not paying protection money to the mob.

238 | February 3, 2013 9:03 pm

@ Dolphin:

239 | February 3, 2013 9:04 pm

@ Dolphin:
    Louisiana is a right to work stste.

240 | February 3, 2013 9:05 pm

so its a one hour halftime, like the dude said.

241 | February 3, 2013 9:05 pm

Occupiers shutting down the Grand Ball of Corporatism!!

242. tunnelrat
    242 | February 3, 2013 9:05 pm

We need to invest more in Green Energy so that things like this never happen again.

243. song_and_dance_man
    243 | February 3, 2013 9:06 pm

Just so you know, I petitioned the light dudes of New Orleans to stop this travesty so I could cook and then eat/. Thank you. We are almost ready to return to the rout. And…. the dishes are all washed. woogedy woogie.

244 | February 3, 2013 9:06 pm

@ AZfederalist:
    Healthy as not paying protection money to the mob.

i dunno…there is a lot of mob money flowing throw this game. a power outage might get ya whacked, yaknowwaddimean?

245. brookly red
    245 | February 3, 2013 9:07 pm

tunnelrat wrote:

or we could save a lot of money/energy and play in the daylight :)

246 | February 3, 2013 9:09 pm

brookly red wrote:

tunnelrat wrote:

or we could save a lot of money/energy and play in the daylight

on a staruday, outside, in green bay.

every year.

247. Dolphin
    247 | February 3, 2013 9:09 pm

Apparently this happened earlier this season (power outage) with the 49′s -- (per hubby and his friends). Any one remember it?

248. song_and_dance_man
    248 | February 3, 2013 9:09 pm

Notice how half of the lights went off at half time.

Tooo eerie. Cue your best horror music.

249 | February 3, 2013 9:10 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Occupiers shutting down the Grand Ball of Corporatism!!

strike a blow for the hipsters!

250. brookly red
    250 | February 3, 2013 9:11 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Notice how half of the lights went off at half time.

Tooo eerie. Cue your best horror music.

they probably just blew a fuse ;)

251 | February 3, 2013 9:11 pm

woogedy woogie

well said!

252. song_and_dance_man
    252 | February 3, 2013 9:11 pm

brookly red wrote:

are they rioting in san fran yet?

No, this is not humpday.

253. Dolphin
    253 | February 3, 2013 9:12 pm

Thanks. That is what I thought.

254 | February 3, 2013 9:12 pm

Dolphin wrote:

Apparently this happened earlier this season (power outage) with the 49′s — (per hubby and his friends). Any one remember it?

yes, was versus steelers last year

255. brookly red
    255 | February 3, 2013 9:13 pm

brookly red wrote:

tunnelrat wrote:

or we could save a lot of money/energy and play in the daylight

on a staruday, outside, in green bay.

every year.

LOL next year is in Jersey…

256. 256 | February 3, 2013 9:13 pm

heysoos wrote:

I have never missed the Super Bowl…
    I’ve never eaten a hot wing either

Hot wings aren’t bad. Just overpriced these days.

@ AZfederalist:
    Healthy as not paying protection money to the mob.

We were thinking that the power outage might not have been accidental, on account of it being so well timed.

Either that, or the electric company didn’t hire enough Serbs; many of them have proven to be experts in keeping electric power facilities functioning during adverse circumstances including outside attacks.

@ heysoos:

Indeed.

257 | February 3, 2013 9:13 pm

brookly red wrote:

LOL next year is in Jersey…

that’s right!!

i hope there is a noreastern!

258 | February 3, 2013 9:16 pm

Dolphin wrote:

Thanks. That is what I thought.

De nada

259. song_and_dance_man
    259 | February 3, 2013 9:17 pm

tunnelrat wrote:

Too bad the biggest sponsor was not Prius or the Volt makers.

260. 260 | February 3, 2013 9:17 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

Yeah, left me cold. I think that I got old.

When I was a kid, singers of both sexes performed fully clad, and they sang well enough that you could actually recognize and remember the melody.

Those were the days.

If the vocalists of today had any talent as musicians, they wouldn’t need to disrobe before going on stage.

261 | February 3, 2013 9:18 pm

@ 1389AD:

at this rate baltimore is gonna cover huge. but, the house always wins

262 | February 3, 2013 9:19 pm

tunnelrat wrote:

Too bad the biggest sponsor was not Prius or the Volt makers.

ohhhhh! that would have been perfect!

263. brookly red
    263 | February 3, 2013 9:22 pm

I heard the found the cause of the power outage…

someone spilled ketchup on a power cable and Christie chewed through it.

264. 264 | February 3, 2013 9:22 pm

Mars wrote:

ready to go…SF ballcoldwarrior wrote:
    Dolphin wrote:
    That was probably the worst I have ever heard.
    horrible.
    i hat that style when applied to the national anthem. it makes me sick.

My dad too. It royally pissed him off. He found it disrespectful.

I feel the same way, and always have.

Somebody oughta tell these narcissists: “Just sing the song and quit wailing and whining to draw attention to yourself. It. Is. Not. About. YOU.”

265 | February 3, 2013 9:23 pm

The guys at half time had it right.
    The Niners don’t have time to huddle on every play.
    They’re down 22 points & they’re burning clock.

266 | February 3, 2013 9:25 pm

Now it’s more interesting.

267. 267 | February 3, 2013 9:26 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

Ok, that GoDaddy commercial was poor.

GoDaddy hosting is pretty decent. The commercial, not so much.

268 | February 3, 2013 9:27 pm

the kia ad was good.

269. song_and_dance_man
    269 | February 3, 2013 9:28 pm

woogedy woogie

well said!

Thingies are cool for the initiated.

270 | February 3, 2013 9:28 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

Yeah, left me cold. I think that I got old.

Good, I’m not alone.

271. song_and_dance_man
    271 | February 3, 2013 9:32 pm

I am proud to say that I have missed EVERY ad. And why? Because every pause has me blathering here for those precious 3 million dollar minutes.

272 | February 3, 2013 9:32 pm

now its interesting!

273 | February 3, 2013 9:33 pm

Mercy, we gots a ballgame!

274. AZfederalist
    274 | February 3, 2013 9:34 pm

now its interesting!

So where did the Ravens get themselves off to? They sure aren’t on the field. Did the Ravens and 49ers switch uniforms?

275. song_and_dance_man
    275 | February 3, 2013 9:38 pm

I can’t wait for the Raiders to win again. yeah, you can cue the crickets/.

276. AZfederalist
    276 | February 3, 2013 9:38 pm

Ok, the Clydesdale commercial wa cool. Always did like Stevie Nicks even though she is a flaming lib

277. Dolphin
    277 | February 3, 2013 9:38 pm

Ya know I am with you on the timing. At least play this game at 3pm vs. late at night on Sunday.

Am I wrong but it didn’t use to be this way? Right?

Funny story time, I got in trouble for abandoning my fathers sermon to go watch a play off game when I was about 14 yo. If I remember correctly it was the Cowboys I was routing for at that time.

278. song_and_dance_man
    278 | February 3, 2013 9:40 pm

yeah baby.

279. brookly red
    279 | February 3, 2013 9:41 pm

the niners could actually pull this off…

280. Tanker
    280 | February 3, 2013 9:41 pm

Seems the lights went out at just the right time for the 49ers.

281. Calo
    281 | February 3, 2013 9:41 pm

Ooohhhhhh, now the game is getting interesting.

282 | February 3, 2013 9:42 pm

baltimore forgot that they have to keep playing.

283. Dolphin
    283 | February 3, 2013 9:43 pm

@ Calo:
    Yeah baby. Who ya routing for?

284. brookly red
    284 | February 3, 2013 9:43 pm

bad call…

285. song_and_dance_man
    285 | February 3, 2013 9:44 pm

brookly red wrote:

the niners could actually pull this off…

SF needs this 3 points, Oh yeah

286. AZfederalist
    286 | February 3, 2013 9:45 pm

Doesn’t look like the Ravens want to win this.

287. AZfederalist
    287 | February 3, 2013 9:45 pm

Ravens, the Mitt Romney of football?

288 | February 3, 2013 9:46 pm

now that was a fine form tackle!

289. song_and_dance_man
    289 | February 3, 2013 9:49 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

Doesn’t look like the Ravens want to win this.

Oh they want to win; but can they? It looks good for them, however I’m pulling for the 49er’s just because they are not the Ravens.

290 | February 3, 2013 9:53 pm

Funny Sheetz spot!

291. Calo
    291 | February 3, 2013 9:54 pm

@ Dolphin:
    Heh, the HEB commercial was cute.

292 | February 3, 2013 9:54 pm

leon sandcastle, oh yeah!

293 | February 3, 2013 9:55 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Funny Sheetz spot!

got my attention.

294 | February 3, 2013 9:55 pm

Gotta hold em tonab field goal here.

295. brookly red
    295 | February 3, 2013 9:55 pm

birds are back…

296. song_and_dance_man
    296 | February 3, 2013 9:55 pm

Pierce is hurt? Good thing he wasn’t hit by a bullet. He was just hit by a defensive projectile in the form of another man.

boom shakka laka laka, boom shakka laka laka, boom shakka laka, boom shakka laka boom

297 | February 3, 2013 9:57 pm

Ok, we’re on one score.

298. brookly red
    298 | February 3, 2013 10:02 pm

good catch I gotta say

299 | February 3, 2013 10:07 pm

Should have run an option on the two point try.
    Hindsight.

300. brookly red
    300 | February 3, 2013 10:08 pm

should not have gone for 2… if they lose by 1 that will be why.

301. song_and_dance_man
    301 | February 3, 2013 10:08 pm

Ok, we’re on one score.

It is close, ant this is the kind of game we all like.

302 | February 3, 2013 10:11 pm

Ok, we’re on one score.

It is close, ant this is the kind of game we all like.

Yeah, I don’t really have a dog in the fight. I just want a good
    game & we have one.
    I’m pulling for the Niners though, because Jim Harbaugh
    was a Bear for 10 years & survived Ditka

303 | February 3, 2013 10:13 pm

Ok… Glad I went out to watch this. 4th quarter has actually been a ball game.

304 | February 3, 2013 10:17 pm

gutsy call flacco.

305. 305 | February 3, 2013 10:19 pm

Kenneth Timmerman wrote a book called ‘Shakedown’ about Jesse Jackson.

I have no clue what he said in that video- he just kind of mumbled his way through it.

306. song_and_dance_man
    306 | February 3, 2013 10:20 pm

I’m pulling for the Niners though, because Jim Harbaugh
    was a Bear for 10 years & survived Ditka

I’m pulling(funny how this term is used as though we are pulling old world carts) for them too

307 | February 3, 2013 10:23 pm

@ mfhorn:
    Jesse Likes to Rhyme a lot & not say much of anything.

308 | February 3, 2013 10:24 pm

I’m pulling for the Niners though, because Jim Harbaugh
    was a Bear for 10 years & survived Ditka

They really stormed back & made a game out of it.

309. brookly red
    309 | February 3, 2013 10:25 pm

I am calling it for the Ravens… Niners need a touchdown AND to hold the Ravens scoreless. This is gonna be a long 4 minutes.

310 | February 3, 2013 10:35 pm

wow!

i love the blitz on 4th!

311 | February 3, 2013 10:42 pm

49ers coaching staff blew it!

that taking a safety option was so obvious!

312 | February 3, 2013 10:45 pm

RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS! RAY LEWIS!

313. eaglesoars
    313 | February 3, 2013 10:45 pm

And THAT, gentlemen, is why we watch the Superbowl

314 | February 3, 2013 10:46 pm

Great game!

315 | February 3, 2013 10:46 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    a fine game.

316. brookly red
    316 | February 3, 2013 10:47 pm

OK boids win can we trash 0 now?

317. song_and_dance_man
    317 | February 3, 2013 10:49 pm

May a crazed jeweler mount you./

318 | February 3, 2013 10:49 pm

Who dat?

319 | February 3, 2013 10:50 pm

Who dat?

he’s just some guy, ya know?

320. song_and_dance_man
    320 | February 3, 2013 10:53 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

And THAT, gentlemen, is why we watch the Superbowl

As someone up above said, we have no dog in this fight.I think they were a cat lover.

321 | February 3, 2013 10:53 pm

Bipartisan Senate Immigration Plan Gives Napolitano Final Say On If Border Secure Enough To Grant Amnesty To 11 Million Illegal Immigrants…

Under a bipartisan Senate framework, Democrats say, Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano would have final say over whether the border is secure enough to put 11 million illegal immigrants on a path to citizenship.

If Napolitano does not provide the green light for putting illegal immigrants on a pathway to citizenship, the responsibility for judging whether the metrics for border security have been met will be given to her successor.

//Gee…what could go wrong?

322 | February 3, 2013 10:54 pm

I’ve heard the name somewhere.

323 | February 3, 2013 10:56 pm

I’ve heard the name somewhere.

and dave wandstedt placed joe flacco 3 on the pitt depth chart.

joe left. dave got fired.

324. brookly red
    324 | February 3, 2013 10:56 pm

//Gee…what could go wrong?

a fucking outrage… where is congress? where is the rule of law? where is the will of the people?

325. 325 | February 3, 2013 10:56 pm

I’d bet the standard for ‘secure enough’ would involve 1 guard for the entire southern US border, and 1 for the entire northern US border.

326 | February 3, 2013 10:58 pm

@ brookly red:

“Will of the people?”

How quaint…

327. song_and_dance_man
    327 | February 3, 2013 10:58 pm

Ray Lewis winning a Super bowl is tantamount to a turd winning the white house.

328. brookly red
    328 | February 3, 2013 11:01 pm

mfhorn wrote:

more likely 250,000 guards… all union, all worthless, all democrats.

329. brookly red
    329 | February 3, 2013 11:02 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Ray Lewis winning a Super bowl is tantamount to a turd winning the white house.

and they say lightning never strikes twice…

330 | February 3, 2013 11:02 pm

and dave wandstedt placed joe flacco 3 on the pitt depth chart.

joe left. dave got fired.

reply | quote@ coldwarrior:

Wandstedt was never the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    He made some really bad decisions with the Bears.

331. 331 | February 3, 2013 11:05 pm

@ brookly red:

I’d like to get a job like that. Sit back, watch illegals stream by all day long…

332 | February 3, 2013 11:05 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Ray Lewis winning a Super bowl is tantamount to a turd winning the white house.

He just said something like God was for him.

333 | February 3, 2013 11:07 pm

mfhorn wrote:

@ brookly red:

Sounds a lot like the way Chicago cops do their jobs…

334 | February 3, 2013 11:08 pm

Ok, best commercial?
    I vote Budweiser with the Clydsdale.

335. 335 | February 3, 2013 11:09 pm

Probably not the only place, either.

Early start tomorrow- better half heads to NM. Gotta be up at 5, which is early, even for me. WAY early for her!

336 | February 3, 2013 11:09 pm

Is it over?? Is it safe to come out??

337 | February 3, 2013 11:10 pm

Ok, best commercial?
    I vote Budweiser with the Clydsdale.

yep

338 | February 3, 2013 11:11 pm

Good night sports fans.

339 | February 3, 2013 11:11 pm

OOT is up.

340. brookly red
    340 | February 3, 2013 11:12 pm

mfhorn wrote:

@ brookly red:

what you think you just get to sit back? oh nooo you gotta register them to vote, sign them up for obamacare, food stamps, welfare, section 8 housing… this is real work were are talking about.

341. Mars
    341 | February 3, 2013 11:13 pm

Ok, best commercial?
    I vote Budweiser with the Clydsdale.

I vote M&M’s.

342. 342 | February 3, 2013 11:13 pm

@ brookly red:

Ah, my bad. I thought that was a different bunch of union types that did all that work.

343 | February 3, 2013 11:16 pm