First time visitor? Learn more.

Evening Story Time

by coldwarrior ( 76 Comments › )
Filed under Humor, Open thread at February 4th, 2013 - 8:00 pm

I had forgotten about these, enjoy!

From a 1993 broadcast of the British TV series “Saturday Zoo’ hosted by Jonathan Ross

Oscar-winning Hollywood anti-hero Christopher Walken performs Lady Gaga’s ‘Poker Face’

 

 

Comments

Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

Play nice!

76 Responses to “Evening Story Time”
( jump to bottom )

  1. Mars
    1 | February 4, 2013 8:15 pm

    http://conservativebyte.com/2013/02/regardless-of-your-views-on-homosexuality-it-should-bother-everyone-in-america-that-this-is-happening/

    This article makes a lot of sense and I’m afraid it is a sign of things to come.


  2. Mars
    2 | February 4, 2013 8:16 pm

    Mars wrote:

    http://conservativebyte.com/2013/02/regardless-of-your-views-on-homosexuality-it-should-bother-everyone-in-america-that-this-is-happening/
    This article makes a lot of sense and I’m afraid it is a sign of things to come.

    Oh and paging buzzsaw.


  3. Da_Beerfreak
    3 | February 4, 2013 8:21 pm

    Mars wrote:

    http://conservativebyte.com/2013/02/regardless-of-your-views-on-homosexuality-it-should-bother-everyone-in-america-that-this-is-happening/

    This article makes a lot of sense and I’m afraid it is a sign of things to come.

    Sensitivity training is just the prelude to the Gulags for today’s Liberals.


  4. heysoos
    4 | February 4, 2013 8:29 pm

    on one hand there are those that are so freaked out that they think gays should be jailed, then there are those that believe gays want to marry to subvert heteros and ultimately the high morals of all humans then the Constitution itself…I can’t think of another subject so boring and voyeuristic and ridiculous to even think about…there is no throttle, no contact, no rhythm or beat…just a big nosey fail


  5. Mars
    5 | February 4, 2013 8:31 pm

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    Mars wrote:
    http://conservativebyte.com/2013/02/regardless-of-your-views-on-homosexuality-it-should-bother-everyone-in-america-that-this-is-happening/
    This article makes a lot of sense and I’m afraid it is a sign of things to come.

    Sensitivity training is just the prelude to the Gulags for today’s Liberals.

    When I first saw that I told my family it was reeducation camp time.


  6. Mars
    6 | February 4, 2013 8:31 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    on one hand there are those that are so freaked out that they think gays should be jailed, then there are those that believe gays want to marry to subvert heteros and ultimately the high morals of all humans then the Constitution itself…I can’t think of another subject so boring and voyeuristic and ridiculous to even think about…there is no throttle, no contact, no rhythm or beat…just a big nosey fail

    None of which had anything to do with the article, so thanks for that.


  7. heysoos
    7 | February 4, 2013 8:36 pm

    Mars wrote:

    heysoos wrote:
    on one hand there are those that are so freaked out that they think gays should be jailed, then there are those that believe gays want to marry to subvert heteros and ultimately the high morals of all humans then the Constitution itself…I can’t think of another subject so boring and voyeuristic and ridiculous to even think about…there is no throttle, no contact, no rhythm or beat…just a big nosey fail

    None of which had anything to do with the article, so thanks for that.

    regardless of any article, I don’t have any reservations with my opinions


  8. Mars
    8 | February 4, 2013 8:39 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    Mars wrote:
    heysoos wrote:
    on one hand there are those that are so freaked out that they think gays should be jailed, then there are those that believe gays want to marry to subvert heteros and ultimately the high morals of all humans then the Constitution itself…I can’t think of another subject so boring and voyeuristic and ridiculous to even think about…there is no throttle, no contact, no rhythm or beat…just a big nosey fail
    None of which had anything to do with the article, so thanks for that.

    regardless of any article, I don’t have any reservations with my opinions

    That we are all well aware of and that’s how it should be.

    Let’s keep in mind that all of us here hold at least one or two opinions that would not be considered “politically correct” which could result in any of us being shipped off for reeducation at any time. Just as soon as this kind of crap trickles down to the masses.


  9. coldwarrior
    9 | February 4, 2013 8:40 pm

    man spoke his mind, now he gets to do the time. no crime, the man just spoke his mind.

    heh


  10. coldwarrior
    10 | February 4, 2013 8:42 pm

    this is no different than mandatory HR training in the corporation. it is nonsense there, and it is nonsense here.


  11. heysoos
    11 | February 4, 2013 8:43 pm

    @ Mars:
    I utterly abhor the notion of sensitivity training…the very idea that private sexuality in this country seems to be everybody’s really pisses me off, then to politicize behavior, feed it into the schools, my meter blows


  12. coldwarrior
    12 | February 4, 2013 8:51 pm

    do they allow gays on muslim soccer teams?


  13. Mars
    13 | February 4, 2013 8:52 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    @ Mars:
    I utterly abhor the notion of sensitivity training…the very idea that private sexuality in this country seems to be everybody’s really pisses me off, then to politicize behavior, feed it into the schools, my meter blows

    Well said.

    In my opinion we’d hear a lot less from the right, if there weren’t so many people on the homosexual side of the argument shoving it in everyones face all the time.

    Both sides can shut the fuck up and go home. I’d be a lot happier.

    Quit telling my kids that it’s perfectly normal behavior and encouraging it at the elementary school level and maybe I wouldn’t have to explain more information to them.

    Get the feds out of the gay marriage issue. Let the states and individual churches decide how they want to handle it.

    Nothing about this whole issue is worth going to the federal level. And frankly being on either side of the issue shouldn’t require anyone to take reeducation in order to change their mind.


  14. Mars
    14 | February 4, 2013 8:52 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    do they allow gays on muslim soccer teams?

    Sure, I believe they use their heads as the ball.


  15. coldwarrior
    15 | February 4, 2013 8:53 pm

    @ Mars:

    individual liberty, smaller govt, states rights

    the solution works every time


  16. coldwarrior
    16 | February 4, 2013 8:54 pm

    Mars wrote:

    coldwarrior wrote:
    do they allow gays on muslim soccer teams?

    Sure, I believe they use their heads as the ball.

    must be quite a conundrum for 0.


  17. lobo91
    17 | February 4, 2013 8:57 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    @ Mars:
    individual liberty, smaller govt, states rights
    the solution works every time

    That’s why it can’t be allowed.

    If we let problems be solved, there won’t be anything for bureaucrats to do.


  18. heysoos
    18 | February 4, 2013 8:58 pm

    @ Mars:
    and well said to you…agreed…it’s an issue because a very few people are deeply invested in persecution, or political gain and both sides strain personal freedom and tolerance…the whole issue is overblown from where I stand and I’m loath to get tangled up in morality issues…this is not political behavior, it’s social and should be discreet


  19. coldwarrior
    19 | February 4, 2013 8:59 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    coldwarrior wrote:
    @ Mars:
    individual liberty, smaller govt, states rights
    the solution works every time
    That’s why it can’t be allowed.
    If we let problems be solved, there won’t be anything for bureaucrats to do.

    ideally there is 20% unemployment for many many quarters in the parasite class who occupy nova.


  20. heysoos
    20 | February 4, 2013 8:59 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    coldwarrior wrote:
    @ Mars:
    individual liberty, smaller govt, states rights
    the solution works every time
    That’s why it can’t be allowed.
    If we let problems be solved, there won’t be anything for bureaucrats to do.

    they create new problems in the wake of the old…a perpetual motion machine


  21. heysoos
    21 | February 4, 2013 9:04 pm

    found an old tape of me riding the bus to school…


  22. lobo91
    22 | February 4, 2013 9:04 pm

    @ heysoos:

    they create new problems in the wake of the old…a perpetual motion machine

    Of course. Most of the problems we face today are the result of stupid policies they dreamed up in the ’60s and ’70s.


  23. coldwarrior
    23 | February 4, 2013 9:05 pm

    night yinz…2 days of work ahead.

    :)


  24. heysoos
    24 | February 4, 2013 9:05 pm

    @ heysoos:
    @ heysoos:
    no link?…kinda ruins it


  25. lobo91
    25 | February 4, 2013 9:08 pm

    America’s First Islamic College Opens In Berkeley…

    Isn’t a “Muslim liberal arts college” an oxymoron?


  26. heysoos
    26 | February 4, 2013 9:10 pm

    @ lobo91:
    I have a sudden chill


  27. Moe Katz
    27 | February 4, 2013 9:22 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    Isn’t a “Muslim liberal arts college” an oxymoron?

    Indeed!


  28. heysoos
    28 | February 4, 2013 9:22 pm

    I refuse…


  29. RIX
    29 | February 4, 2013 9:23 pm

    Isn’t a “Muslim liberal arts college” an oxymoron?

    reply | quote@ lobo91:

    The cheerleading burqua squad would be great.


  30. Moe Katz
    30 | February 4, 2013 9:29 pm

    The liberal arts curriculum is a product of the Enlightenment, so the concept is an oxymoron since there hasn’t been a Muslim Enlightenment yet.


  31. 31 | February 4, 2013 9:37 pm

    Well folks…It’s done. As of 01/30/2013, I am once again a divorced man.


  32. heysoos
    32 | February 4, 2013 9:39 pm

    Macker wrote:

    Well folks…It’s done. As of 01/30/2013, I am once again a divorced man.

    hooray for recycling!


  33. mawskrat
    33 | February 4, 2013 9:40 pm

    have a friend that worked at Jim Beam
    and he would fail all the HR traing couses
    on purpose.they would call him back in to watch
    the video again and let him take the “test”over
    again>LOL


  34. RIX
    34 | February 4, 2013 9:40 pm

    Macker wrote:

    Well folks…It’s done. As of 01/30/2013, I am once again a divorced man.

    If you’re good with it, congratulations.


  35. mawskrat
    35 | February 4, 2013 9:41 pm

    @ mawskrat:

    pimf>LOL


  36. Calo
    36 | February 4, 2013 9:42 pm

    @ heysoos:
    This is gonna take some effort on my part.


  37. lobo91
    37 | February 4, 2013 9:43 pm

    @ RIX:

    The cheerleading burqua squad would be great.

    The football team probably wouldn’t, since they’d refuse to touch the ball.

    //Pigskin and all


  38. heysoos
    38 | February 4, 2013 9:46 pm

    I started out as a beer can@ Calo:
    ha!
    snort


  39. huckfunn
    39 | February 4, 2013 9:46 pm

    RIX wrote:

    Isn’t a “Muslim liberal arts college” an oxymoron?

    reply | quote@ lobo91:

    The cheerleading burqua squad would be great.

    Think of the wet burqua contests.


  40. RIX
    40 | February 4, 2013 9:46 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ RIX:

    The cheerleading burqua squad would be great.

    The football team probably wouldn’t, since they’d refuse to touch the ball.

    //Pigskin and all

    That would be culturally insensitive.
    Games would be played with Nerf balls.


  41. RIX
    41 | February 4, 2013 9:49 pm

    huckfunn wrote:

    RIX wrote:

    Isn’t a “Muslim liberal arts college” an oxymoron?

    reply | quote@ lobo91:

    The cheerleading burqua squad would be great.

    Think of the wet burqua contests.

    Fantastic & beer pong with Fatima.
    Wait ! Green Tea pong.


  42. mawskrat
    42 | February 4, 2013 9:50 pm

    @ Macker:

    my wife would get half my pension…that’s a
    non starter>///////


  43. Mars
    43 | February 4, 2013 9:51 pm

    Macker wrote:

    Well folks…It’s done. As of 01/30/2013, I am once again a divorced man.

    I hope you are able to get yours out of your life. I will never be that lucky.


  44. 44 | February 4, 2013 10:00 pm

    Mars wrote:

    I hope you are able to get yours out of your life. I will never be that lucky.

    I would ask all my friends to pray that God will send a good loving woman who will challenge my intellect and spirit!


  45. heysoos
    45 | February 4, 2013 10:01 pm

    @ Mars:
    I was divorced three times..I’ve been ripped off, my records stolen, kicked to the curb and even jailed…I’ve decided marriage is for others


  46. Mars
    46 | February 4, 2013 10:04 pm

    Macker wrote:

    Mars wrote:
    I hope you are able to get yours out of your life. I will never be that lucky.
    I would ask all my friends to pray that God will send a good loving woman who will challenge my intellect and spirit!

    Haven’t had any luck on that front myself. But, I get to hear from the psychotic ex at least 3 times a week.


  47. buzzsawmonkey
    47 | February 4, 2013 10:06 pm

    Mars wrote:

    Oh and paging buzzsaw.

    I’m here, briefly.

    I don’t know what I can add, particularly—save to point out, yet again, that the gay-rights movement is poised to destroy the First and Tenth Amendments this Spring; that “transgenderism” is both the stealth means towards normalizing same-sex marriage, and a negation of science and objective fact; and that opposition to the gay-rights movement’s goals has nothing to do with tolerance for, acceptance of, or friendship with, people who may act on their same-sex attractions.


  48. lobo91
    48 | February 4, 2013 10:07 pm

    @ RIX:

    No Hail Mary plays, either.


  49. Calo
    49 | February 4, 2013 10:07 pm

    @ heysoos:
    Once for me, still going after 21 years. We enjoy ganging up and mocking the teenagers we have and watching their frustration.


  50. RIX
    50 | February 4, 2013 10:09 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ RIX:

    No Hail Mary plays, either.

    Harram.


  51. 51 | February 4, 2013 10:09 pm

    Mars wrote:

    Haven’t had any luck on that front myself. But, I get to hear from the psychotic ex at least 3 times a week.

    I don’t hear from Ex #1 after she frakked up our son’s life by letting him quit school at 15. I sure won’t be in communication with Ex #2 either. I am already disappearing her from my life, much like the Soviets did with Lavrenti Beria.


  52. heysoos
    52 | February 4, 2013 10:14 pm

    Calo wrote:

    @ heysoos:
    Once for me, still going after 21 years. We enjoy ganging up and mocking the teenagers we have and watching their frustration.

    I get along really well with my kid’s mom…she and I are very close but not married..there are four of us and no matter who or what, we’ll stick together by the sheer force of love


  53. Da_Beerfreak
    53 | February 4, 2013 10:19 pm

    RIX wrote:

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ RIX:

    No Hail Mary plays, either.

    Harram.

    Dealing with the exploding Cornerbacks will be a problem… :shock:


  54. Calo
    54 | February 4, 2013 10:19 pm

    @ heysoos:
    @ heysoos:
    Yep, bound by love for our kids.

    Don’t make me weepy, haysoos.
    It’s Monday and I have my big girl panties on tonight.


  55. Mars
    55 | February 4, 2013 10:21 pm

    @ Macker:
    @ heysoos:
    My ex actually promised a good relationship. But, of course being that she’s bi-polar, lied about it in court, never followed the court request for the proof, has an obsession with dropping her entire life and running away every couple years, the fact she only cares for the children in that they provide her a feeling of control, well it’s a mess.

    Of course I had a lawyer who didn’t want to fight, an “understanding” judge, well it didn’t go as well as it should have.


  56. RIX
    56 | February 4, 2013 10:27 pm

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    RIX wrote:

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ RIX:

    No Hail Mary plays, either.

    Harram.

    Dealing with the exploding Cornerbacks will be a problem…

    I’m trying to imagine some of the cheers, “Ricasisk, Rickasick, Rock, Rock, Rock
    kick the Infidels inn the jock.”


  57. RIX
    57 | February 4, 2013 10:28 pm

    Good night all.


  58. Calo
    58 | February 4, 2013 10:29 pm

    @ RIX:
    Night, Rix.

    Shake your pom poms before you go to sleep.


  59. Moe Katz
    59 | February 4, 2013 10:34 pm

    @ buzzsawmonkey:
    What a preposterous loon! How you get taken seriously around here is beyond me.


  60. Calo
    60 | February 4, 2013 10:38 pm

    WTH? Cruising around DoD and found a tweet by Charles Johnson

    Charles Johnson @Green_Footballs

    Featured: Zombie Night at the Shooting Range (or, does that target look familiar to you?) http://lgf.bz/WobFWP
    11:47 PM -- 04 Feb 13
    View image on LittleGreenFootballs website
    LittleGreenFootballs @LittleGreen1

    Sorry for linking .the link


  61. lobo91
    61 | February 4, 2013 10:45 pm

    Moe Katz wrote:

    @ buzzsawmonkey:
    What a preposterous loon! How you get taken seriously around here is beyond me.

    And yet, everything he said is demonstrably true.


  62. Calo
    62 | February 4, 2013 10:48 pm

    @ lobo91:
    Lobo, how was bidness last weekend at the gun show?

    I would assume a bit slow on Sunday.


  63. lobo91
    63 | February 4, 2013 10:52 pm

    Calo wrote:

    @ lobo91:
    Lobo, how was bidness last weekend at the gun show?
    I would assume a bit slow on Sunday.

    The show was packed on Saturday. Less so on Sunday.

    It mostly seemed to be people looking for ammunition. Things were pretty slow for me, unfortunately.


  64. Calo
    64 | February 4, 2013 10:59 pm

    @ lobo91:
    So, do you think you hit a high in January and now are in the slump now that Christmas sales are over?

    Gotta keep you on your toes as second quarter approaches (and April 15th) to look for new marketing techniques.


  65. lobo91
    65 | February 4, 2013 11:02 pm

    @ Calo:

    There are a lot of variables. I think some of it has to do with how backed up the background check and permit system is right now.


  66. 66 | February 4, 2013 11:07 pm

    Monty Python’s ‘Story Time’


  67. Calo
    67 | February 4, 2013 11:07 pm

    @ lobo91:
    I saw that the background check is ?10? or more days.

    And most people want items they purchased now, rather than wait.
    It’s the nature of consumers in an Amazon era of overnight shipping.

    Just keep watching your variables and adjust until uncomfortable.


  68. lobo91
    68 | February 4, 2013 11:10 pm

    @ Calo:

    The background check situation is really screwing up gun show sales. People (both buyers and sellers) often travel from out of town to attend the shows, and it’s a real problem if they have to come back 2 weeks later to pick up their purchases.

    The permits are crazy now. If you call the Sheriff’s department tomorrow to make an appointment, you’ll get one sometime in May.


  69. Mars
    69 | February 4, 2013 11:18 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ Calo:
    The background check situation is really screwing up gun show sales. People (both buyers and sellers) often travel from out of town to attend the shows, and it’s a real problem if they have to come back 2 weeks later to pick up their purchases.
    The permits are crazy now. If you call the Sheriff’s department tomorrow to make an appointment, you’ll get one sometime in May.

    Yep, I’m picking up my application for CCW tomorrow and they said my appointment to turn it in will be in 6-8 weeks.


  70. Calo
    70 | February 4, 2013 11:25 pm

    @ Mars:
    Meh! It takes about two minutes for the IRS to confiscate your funds after filing your taxes.


  71. lobo91
    71 | February 4, 2013 11:34 pm

    @ Calo:

    We really need to ditch to state-run background check system here. All it does is slow things down. Now they’re talking about making people pay for their crappy service, which is even worse.

    The federal system works much better, mainly because it’s run by contractors.


  72. AZfederalist
    73 | February 5, 2013 12:27 am

    @ Calo:

    So, is there a reason why anybody cares what Chuckie or any of his sycophants think or what offends them. These were the same kind of people who had no problem seeing Bush’s head on a pike or movies depicting his ass.as.ination. Let them have their outrageous outrage.


  73. poteen
    74 | February 5, 2013 1:12 am

    @ Macker:
    @ heysoos:
    @ Mars:
    Sold mine to slavers about 15 years ago. Worked out pretty good./


  74. Calo
    75 | February 5, 2013 1:37 am

    @ AZfederalist:
    No reason.

    Just a distraction that worked.

    I’m out, good night.


  75. 76 | February 5, 2013 2:46 am

    Hmm… So far as I know, here in VA you just turn in the completed CCW permit application with all of the requirements to the lady behind the appropriate counter at the courthouse. No appointment. State law dictates you MUST be issued the permit within a fixed length of time unless it is rejected for cause.


Back to the Top

The Blogmocracy

website design was Built By David