American Crossroads has fun with moonbat Ashley Judd

by Speranza ( 256 Comments › )
Filed under Open thread, Politics at February 8th, 2013 - 2:30 pm

American Crossroads comes out with an ad which devastates Obamazombie Ashely Judd (she is an actress in case you do not know) who although she makes her home in Tennessee, is considering running against Mitch McConnell for Senator from Kentucky. We might very well have found the Democratic version of Christine O’Donnell. By the way this type of ad is what we need, not the “compassionate conservatism” ads that Romney ran in Florida.

hat tip – Powerline

Tags:

Comments

256 Responses to “American Crossroads has fun with moonbat Ashley Judd”

1. eaglesoars
    1 | February 8, 2013 2:35 pm

So now are people still pissed at Rove?

Personally, I don’t think he’s the anti-Christ.

forgive me while I duck

2. 2 | February 8, 2013 2:36 pm

This about the only good thing Rove has done lately. They are borrowing from the Obama playbook and have begun to destroy a candidate before an election.

3. 3 | February 8, 2013 2:37 pm

@ eaglesoars:

You are forgiven! Just say penance and we are squared!

4. rain of lead
    4 | February 8, 2013 2:38 pm

So God Made A Liberal…

5 | February 8, 2013 2:39 pm

at this point, anything is better than nothing for the GOP…one thing for sure, they better not budge an inch with the gun grab or the the sequester

6. eaglesoars
    6 | February 8, 2013 2:39 pm

Just say penance and we are squared!

‘penance’

7. 7 | February 8, 2013 2:40 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Anyway This is straight out of the Obama playbook. I hope more Republican groups start doing this. It worked for Obama.

8. eaglesoars
    8 | February 8, 2013 2:41 pm

they better not budge an inch with the gun grab or the the sequester

been on and off the site for a few days -- do you mean you want the Rs to call O’s bluff and let the sequester kick in?

9. eaglesoars
    9 | February 8, 2013 2:41 pm

I hope more Republican groups start doing this.

FUCK YEAH!!

10. 10 | February 8, 2013 2:42 pm

As a Kentuckian, I’m more than a little offended that she thinks she thinks she needs to swoop in and save us from Mitch McConnell, or anyone else for that matter. The arrogance and presumption is breathtaking, and I’d be surprised if my feelings aren’t shared with people throughout the state, Democrats as well as Republicans.

If she’d like to come for a visit during Derby Week, we’d welcome both her and her money and we will certainly show her a good time. The next day, however, we’d appreciate it if she packed up her Hollywood ass and took it back from whence it came.

11 | February 8, 2013 2:42 pm

I was expecting Judd nudity

12 | February 8, 2013 2:43 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

they better not budge an inch with the gun grab or the the sequester
    been on and off the site for a few days — do you mean you want the Rs to call O’s bluff and let the sequester kick in?

yes, the ball is in his court, it’s his plan and his respnsibility

13. 13 | February 8, 2013 2:46 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Everything i have been seeing since that GOP get together last week has impressed me. They are in the process of getting their act together.

Jinadal’s speech, Rubio’s interviews and Rand Paul’s foreign policy speech shows that they are finally getting better.

14. 14 | February 8, 2013 2:47 pm

@ MacDuff:

She’s really Far Left.

15. eaglesoars
    15 | February 8, 2013 2:47 pm

MacDuff wrote:

save us from Mitch McConnell,

The beauteous Ms. Judd aside, how well-thought of is McConnell? (I know exactly squat about Kentucky politics.)

16. eaglesoars
    16 | February 8, 2013 2:49 pm

And we await Rubio’s response to O’s State Of The Union Speech.

Which I’m betting is going to be class warfare on steroids.

17. eaglesoars
    17 | February 8, 2013 2:51 pm

yes, the ball is in his court, it’s his plan and his respnsibility

Don’t think for a minute LIV (low info voters) will understand where this came from

18 | February 8, 2013 2:53 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

yes, the ball is in his court, it’s his plan and his respnsibility

I don’t care about them anymore…they’ll eat what they’re fed

19. eaglesoars
    19 | February 8, 2013 2:55 pm

I don’t care about them anymore…they’ll eat what they’re fed

I know the feeling.

But we have a country to fight for and unfortunately, the demographics are not in our favor.

And I disagree with “they’ll eat what they’re fed”. I think the more accurate description is “They’re patronizing the wrong feeding stalls”.

20. 20 | February 8, 2013 2:55 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Obama will channel his inner Castro. It will be pure demagoguery.

21 | February 8, 2013 2:56 pm

I’ll take Eastwood over Ashley Judd any day

22. 22 | February 8, 2013 2:57 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Which is why I am impressed coming out of that gathering, Republican really are serious about reaching out to new groups. If they do that, then the Demographic thing will be moot.

Education is the issue that can destroy the Democratic Party.

23 | February 8, 2013 3:00 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

I don’t care about them anymore…they’ll eat what they’re fed
    I know the feeling.

what more can the GOP give up? where do you draw the line?

24. eaglesoars
    24 | February 8, 2013 3:07 pm

Education is the issue that can destroy the Democratic Party.

Education -- in the form of the Alynskyite teachers’ unions had damn near destroyed the country. But I am heartened by the apparent rebellion toward homeschooling and charter schools and Glenn Reynolds had been an excellent chronicaler.

On the other hand, I’m saddened that this had devolved into identity polititics. I understand the differing political interests between rural and urban populations. Their economic drivers are completely different.

But ethnicity? Gender?

That hasn’t been healthy in the short term and it won’t be healthy in the long term.

gotta go. Time for Molly’s next round of meds/treatment etc.

25. 25 | February 8, 2013 3:09 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

He’s not that wildly popular among Republicans and he’s detested by Democrats but, as anyone who’s been in the Senate for going on 30 years, he’s got a lot of power, connections and an enormous war chest. Personally, he totally pissed me off when he gave Bush a kick in the ass on his way out of the White House door four years ago. Everything he does is political; he’s a man without conviction- conservative or moderate, depending on how the wind is blowing.

All of that said, I consistently vote for him because, as bad as he is, he’s better than a Democrat. He’s 1% of the Senate, every vote counts and he’s a reliable Republican vote. Primary him out? Only if it’s a viable candidate. There have been Senators in other states primaries out because the base is pissed….only to have them replaced with a Democrat. Thats the very definition of “cutting off your nose to spite your face” and, in my opinion it’s the kind of self-destructive crap that hands Democrats power on a silver platter.

26 | February 8, 2013 3:12 pm

“Republicans who are unwilling to compromise, unwilling to find solutions and are responsible for cuts to defense and jobs in their districts are going to find an unwelcome reception from voters,”

this is precisely the target the donks hand the GOP…it’s a brazen lie, and what are they gonna do about it? alow them to crate another myth?

27. 27 | February 8, 2013 3:18 pm

@ eaglesoars:

State of the Union drinking game time?

I’ll going to send an Obama word search game that we can all play during the speech. While we’re drinking.

28. 28 | February 8, 2013 3:21 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

So now are people still pissed at Rove?

Personally, I don’t think he’s the anti-Christ.

forgive me while I duck

I’m not a fan (particularly of late) but Rove isn’t a Democrat strategist, he’s on the same general side of the aisle as I, and we share many common goals. He’s had his moments of brilliance over the years….and his resounding duds. He was instrumental in protecting us from a President Gore, and a President Kerry and I’m grateful for that. He’s an arrogant a-hole, but he’s our arrogant a-hole, for better or worse.

29 | February 8, 2013 3:22 pm

Democrats in revolt:

El Paso, America’s Safest Big City, Defies Obama On Gun Control…

President Obama offers gun control as a means of fighting violence, but America’s ‘safest city’ has lax gun control laws, and local officials mean to keep it that way.

“We’re being proactive and being pre-emptive,” El Paso County Commissioner Peggy Littleton said after the county panel passed “a resolution challenging President Barack Obama’s 23 executive orders designed to crack down on gun violence,” as the Denver Post explained.

Gun violence isn’t much of an issue in El Paso, which is the safest city of its size in the country. “[T]his week, for the third year in a row, El Paso was ranked as the safest U.S. city with a population greater that 500,000 by CQ Press, which compiled FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports,” per Fox.

30. 30 | February 8, 2013 3:23 pm

I’ve always thought a lot of Democrats were revolting.

31 | February 8, 2013 3:24 pm

Ashley Judd seems to be rebelling against her family.

32 | February 8, 2013 3:25 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

So now are people still pissed at Rove?
    Personally, I don’t think he’s the anti-Christ.
    forgive me while I duck

Yes I am still pissed off at Rove. He is Pig Vomit as far as I am concerned.

33 | February 8, 2013 3:26 pm

Susana Martinez was born and raised in El Paso, totin her dads .357 Python during her security rounds….El Paso is a rugged, hard scrabble town and if they are that safe then they’re doing something right

34 | February 8, 2013 3:26 pm

MacDuff wrote:

I have heard her speak on politics and all I can say is that she should stick to acting.

35. 35 | February 8, 2013 3:28 pm

Speranza wrote:

Ashley Judd seems to be rebelling against her family.

Yeah, she acts like she’s got “mommy issues”. We have a President with “daddy issues”. Geez, it’s like living in a Dr. Phil show from hell.

36 | February 8, 2013 3:28 pm

@ MacDuff:
    How was Jim Bunning as Senator.? I saw him pitch twice for the Phillies (1966 and 1967)at Shea Stadium against the Mets in the first games of doubleheaders (remember them?) and he won both times?

37 | February 8, 2013 3:29 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Speranza wrote:
    Ashley Judd seems to be rebelling against her family.

welcome to AmIdol politics, where you can go from TV hack to Senate hack overnight

38. 38 | February 8, 2013 3:31 pm

they better not budge an inch with the gun grab or the the sequester

You have taken up smoking crack, haven’t you? The GOPe and the Marxistcrats are on the exact same page, The GOPe just hasn’t figured out how to come out of the closet without loosing their voter base. The GOPe are going to support Universal background checks, yes, the GOPe are that traitorous.

39 | February 8, 2013 3:31 pm

In the 1966 game Bob Uecker hit a home run for the Phillies as did Richie Allen (a monstrous shot to center field), Bill White, and Johnny Callison. 47 years later I can still recall it.

40. 40 | February 8, 2013 3:32 pm

@ Speranza:

Wait till Derek Jeter runs for the Senate in NY!

41 | February 8, 2013 3:33 pm

heysoos wrote:

Or you can go from corporate hack to Cabinet hack:

Obama’s Nominee To Run Dept Of The Interior, Received Waiver From Obamacare Although She Promoted It On Behalf Of Obama

42. 42 | February 8, 2013 3:34 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Speranza wrote:
    Ashley Judd seems to be rebelling against her family.

Was there a Dr. Phil show that wasn’t from hell?

43 | February 8, 2013 3:34 pm

they better not budge an inch with the gun grab or the the sequester

my post was my insight into the collapse of the party…I have no clue what they’ll do, but for me those two issues are their last stand

44 | February 8, 2013 3:37 pm

mfhorn wrote:

@ eaglesoars:

State of the Union drinking game time?

Bull-shit Bingo has been a hit here at Da Bar for years. Ain’t gona change games now… :grin:

45. 45 | February 8, 2013 3:38 pm

@ MacDuff:

Bunning was a good Senator, and a reliable conservative. Alas, his last years of his term were marred by his Alzheimer’s and he started to make weird, erratic statements and abruptly quit his reelection campaign. Rand Paul won his seat. I haven’t heard much about him lately…probably just as well.

46. 46 | February 8, 2013 3:39 pm

they better not budge an inch with the gun grab or the the sequester

I just told you what they are going to do… sheeesh… :razz:

47. 47 | February 8, 2013 3:41 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Was there a Dr. Phil show that wasn’t from hell?

I guess that was a bit redundant…..

48 | February 8, 2013 3:42 pm

they better not budge an inch with the gun grab or the the sequester

I just told you what they are going to do… sheeesh…

predictability has merit I suppose

49. 49 | February 8, 2013 3:47 pm

Hey did you see this?

Mitch McConnell Wants to See the Hemp Ban Go Up in Smoke

50 | February 8, 2013 3:53 pm

Hey did you see this?
    Mitch McConnell Wants to See the Hemp Ban Go Up in Smoke

so you can grow cannabis and smoke it, but you can’t grow hemp to make the rolling papers…got it

51. 51 | February 8, 2013 3:54 pm

@ heysoos:

Dorian wants Hemp to make rope!

52. 52 | February 8, 2013 3:54 pm

Hey did you see this?

Mitch McConnell Wants to See the Hemp Ban Go Up in Smoke

Back when hemp was is wide use, a great deal of it was grown in Kentucky. With the continued loss in Tobacco dollars, this would be a great shot in the arm for our state since pot (which, I understand, is our largest cash crop) has that pesky “illegal” thing going against it.

53 | February 8, 2013 3:56 pm

@ heysoos:
    Dorian wants Hemp to make rope!

you can make damn near anything out of it…hempcrete blocks are stronger than concrete blocks, and far lighter

54 | February 8, 2013 3:57 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Hey did you see this?
    Mitch McConnell Wants to See the Hemp Ban Go Up in Smoke

hemp still grows wild across northern Indiana, the legacy of rope production during WW1

55. 55 | February 8, 2013 4:01 pm

@ MacDuff:

has that pesky “illegal” thing going against it.

Done by the Democrats in 1938. A shame many Republicans support a Democrat law.

56. 56 | February 8, 2013 4:02 pm

but you can’t grow hemp to make the rolling papers…got it

No, apparently you don’t got it. Industrialized hemp production includes the manufacture of hemp based paper products. Why people want to smoke perfectly good paper, cloth or rope is beyond me, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

57 | February 8, 2013 4:02 pm

Obama will channel his inner Castro Mugabe. It will be pure demagoguery.

FTFY :lol:

58. 58 | February 8, 2013 4:03 pm

@ heysoos:
    Dorian wants Hemp to make rope!

:twisted: well, amongst other things… :wink:

59. 59 | February 8, 2013 4:03 pm

@ The Osprey:

Yes, thank you!

What was your trademarked saying? Less filling?

60 | February 8, 2013 4:04 pm

but you can’t grow hemp to make the rolling papers…got it

huh?

61. 61 | February 8, 2013 4:05 pm

Google Stout Hemp Rope and go to images! Look at the pic 7 to the Right!

62 | February 8, 2013 4:08 pm

bring back hemp and let the states decide about dope.

personal liberty, smaller government, state’s rights.

63. 63 | February 8, 2013 4:09 pm

That is really a winning issue.

64 | February 8, 2013 4:09 pm

@ The Osprey:
    Yes, thank you!
    What was your trademarked saying? Less filling?

Mugabe Lite™. Same Socialist Taste, Less Filling™.

65. 65 | February 8, 2013 4:10 pm

Google Stout Hemp Rope and go to images! Look at the pic 7 to the Right!

Well, that’s a bit disturbing.

66 | February 8, 2013 4:10 pm

bring back hemp and let the states decide about dope.
    personal liberty, smaller government, state’s rights.

Bring back hemp, and hang the dopes from a rope! :twisted:

67 | February 8, 2013 4:11 pm

bring back hemp and let the states decide about dope.
    personal liberty, smaller government, state’s rights.

the point is hemp and dope are two different things…it’s nearly, if not impossible to smoke hemp and get high, which is why the Schedule 1 category for hemp is just plain wrong

68. 68 | February 8, 2013 4:12 pm

It seems associated with you. Maybe use an acrimony: SHR!

69. 69 | February 8, 2013 4:12 pm

@ The Osprey:

That was it!

70. Philip_Daniel
    70 | February 8, 2013 4:13 pm

@ MacDuff:

It’s the Progressive Womyn’s Burden--to liberate the benighted indigenous “hillbillies” from their “primitive” ways, to bring left-wing “civilization” to them as the colonialists of old were wont to civilize the natives they came across.

It’s Left-Coast Colonialism in Right-Wing Rural America.

71. yenta-fada
    71 | February 8, 2013 4:14 pm

Hasta la vista, Mexico.

Mexican mayors admit paying cartels to stay alive

“The lack of security has affected us. It is something that everybody knows about but doesn’t talk about, because we are afraid of facing organized crime,” said one of five mayors who spoke to AFP on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals.

“We have to pay them a tax,” the mayor said. “They don’t leave you a choice. As the saying goes, ‘either cooperate, or it’s your neck.’”

The gangs operating in Michoacan, where the Knights Templar cartel emerged, shake down everybody from the wealthy to the poor. They must all pay up to avoid being kidnapped or killed.

“It’s not something we want to do. It’s something we are forced to do. We have nowhere to flee to. They don’t give you an option,” the mayor said.

72 | February 8, 2013 4:15 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Sounds a lot like Chicago

73 | February 8, 2013 4:16 pm

A little sea chantey:

Republicans are nearly wrecked

Mark well what I do say—

Republicans are nearly wrecked

‘Cause Karl Rove’s been their “architect”

I’ll go no more a-Roving with Karl Rove’s aid

A-Roving, a-Roving

‘Cause Roving’s been my ru-i-in

I’ll go no more a-Roving with Karl Rove’s aid…

74. eaglesoars
    74 | February 8, 2013 4:16 pm

bring back hemp and let the states decide about dope.

personal liberty, smaller government, state’s rights.

I may have already posted this awhile back (and I KNOW yinz hang for your lives on anything/everything I have to say)….BUT

About 5 years ago hemp producers came to hubby to ask if he would be their lobbyist. Against my advice, he turned them down.

It’s the word ‘hemp’.

I could not disuade him. He had other things going on, but I THINK if they changed the terminology to ‘rope’ it might go better.

Even better ‘organic rope’.

Ok, I know everytime I say “I have to go” -

75. eaglesoars
    75 | February 8, 2013 4:17 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

HEY BUZZ!!

The Preston Sturges dvds arrived today. THANKS!

76. 76 | February 8, 2013 4:18 pm

Philip_Daniel wrote:

Left-Coast Colonialism

I really like that coinage and concept! Bravo!

77. yenta-fada
    77 | February 8, 2013 4:18 pm

Philip_Daniel wrote:

@ MacDuff:
    It’s Left-Coast Colonialism in Right-Wing Rural America.

And yet, the Womyn don’t find burkhas/pedophilia/honor killings a problem…

78 | February 8, 2013 4:20 pm

Wait till Derek Jeter runs for the Senate in NY!

For tax reasons he claims that Tampa is his home. No Personal Income tax in Flordia as you know. meanwhile during the off season he is constantly photographed in NYC.

79 | February 8, 2013 4:21 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Sorry to hear about his Alzheimers. I did not know that.

80. 80 | February 8, 2013 4:22 pm

You’re a fu****g Google celebrity! Cool!

82 | February 8, 2013 4:28 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

The Preston Sturges dvds arrived today. THANKS!

Enjoy! The Great McGinty and Sullivan’s Travels are my faves, closely followed by Christmas in July and Hail the Conquering Hero.

Mind you, these are only “rated” because you can’t have four favorites at once.

83 | February 8, 2013 4:31 pm

Speranza wrote:

Wait till Derek Jeter runs for the Senate in NY!

I believe he is still taxed at the NY rate…place of employment trumps living address

84 | February 8, 2013 4:34 pm

@ eaglesoars:

BTW, I’ll be curious as to your thoughts on the films.

85 | February 8, 2013 4:41 pm

@ heysoos:

only with money earned as a yankee i think.

all the other endorsements would be fl (so none)

86 | February 8, 2013 4:43 pm

@ heysoos:
    only with money earned as a yankee i think.
    all the other endorsements would be fl (so none)

wasn’t sure but I’ve read where that’s the case…yes, earned as a Yankee, correct as far as I know…

87 | February 8, 2013 4:45 pm

@ heysoos:
    only with money earned as a yankee i think.
    all the other endorsements would be fl (so none)

and for the readers, endorsements can far outpace earnings, so connect the $ dots

88 | February 8, 2013 4:47 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    When my daughter was a senior in college she announced to me that she was
    going to Acapulco on Spting Break.
    I announced , “No your not.”
    Of course she let me know that I was the ONLY father saying no.
    I sent her a link that showed the severed heads that the Cartel had hanging
    from a bridge.
    As it happened not one parent went along with Acalpulco.
    They went to Padre Island and had a good time.

89 | February 8, 2013 4:47 pm

BO is doing a swell job of boosting a faltering south Florida real estate market…thanks Barry!

90 | February 8, 2013 4:47 pm

@ heysoos:

lebron went to play in orlando for one reason. cleveland (he is from that area) taxed him into leaving.

so he moved his mom and him down to FLA. ohio loses.

91 | February 8, 2013 4:49 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    When my daughter was a senior in college she announced to me that she was
    going to Acapulco on Spting Break.
    I announced , “No your not.”
    Of course she let me know that I was the ONLY father saying no.
    I sent her a link that showed the severed heads that the Cartel had hanging
    from a bridge.
    As it happened not one parent went along with Acalpulco.
    They went to Padre Island and had a good time.

‘ya wanna go to war zone, sweetie? join the military.’

92 | February 8, 2013 4:50 pm

@ heysoos:
    so he moved his mom and him down to FLA. ohio loses.

yeah, these high end athletes have some tough choices, but money talks

94 | February 8, 2013 4:50 pm

@ heysoos:

Lincoln was scheduled to be moved to Huntington Ingalls Industries’ (HII) Newport News Shipyard later this month to begin the 4-year refueling and complex overhaul (RCOH) of the ship.

The delay in the RCOH for the Lincoln translates into a carrier that will be undeployable for the foreseeable future. It is ‘not possible to restore,’ the carrier to active service without the $3.3 billion overhaul, Hillson said.

Scratch one carrier for at least the remainder of Obama’s term.

95 | February 8, 2013 4:52 pm

Ladyparts provide intellectual perspective.

96 | February 8, 2013 4:52 pm

@ heysoos:
    so he moved his mom and him down to FLA. ohio loses.

yeah, these high end athletes have some tough choices, but money talks

he went on a rant and basically aksed everyone in the ohio if they enjoyed getting raped by the state. none of the dems found it humorous

97 | February 8, 2013 4:53 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    When my daughter was a senior in college she announced to me that she was
    going to Acapulco on Spting Break.
    I announced , “No your not.”
    Of course she let me know that I was the ONLY father saying no.
    I sent her a link that showed the severed heads that the Cartel had hanging
    from a bridge.
    As it happened not one parent went along with Acalpulco.
    They went to Padre Island and had a good time.

If we had a real News & Information Service in this Country instead of the lame stream obamamedia your daughter and her friends would already know about stuff like this on their own. :evil:

98 | February 8, 2013 4:54 pm

This is a disturbing picture.

Half our carrier force in one photo.

99 | February 8, 2013 4:54 pm

@ heysoos:

Scratch one carrier for at least the remainder of Obama’s term.

BO’s sky high rhetoric will compensate the downtime

100. 100 | February 8, 2013 4:55 pm

Good call.

We love the Caribbean and have discussed Mexico but dismissed it for that very reason. I’d feel far more secure in Israel than I would in our neighbor to the south….that’s sobering.

101 | February 8, 2013 4:55 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

I doubt that Jon Stewart covered it.

102 | February 8, 2013 4:55 pm

‘ya wanna go to war zone, sweetie? join the military.’

True. At that age they think that they are indesructible.

103 | February 8, 2013 4:55 pm

This is a disturbing picture.
    Half our carrier force in one photo.

you noticed

104 | February 8, 2013 4:55 pm

@ heysoos:

so he moved his mom and him down to FLA. ohio loses.

That’s just one example of the many reasons Liberals hate Federalism and want to do away with it completely.

105. 105 | February 8, 2013 4:55 pm

A very short public service announcement.

A few personal observations of this years Flu season.

106 | February 8, 2013 4:57 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak

She seriously had no idea.

107 | February 8, 2013 4:58 pm

heysoos wrote:

This is a disturbing picture.
    Half our carrier force in one photo.
    you noticed

I guess they had to save money somehow in order to pay for Obama’s vacations and fundraising trips.

108 | February 8, 2013 4:58 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Good call.

I own a mountain top in Jamaica…30 yrs…yet I’m afraid to go down there anymore…Jamaican gangsters are 5 star, they will kill you in a heartbeat

109 | February 8, 2013 4:59 pm

Planned Parenthood Using Abortion Clinic Waiting Rooms To Push Political Agenda…

And of course they’re paying for it using our tax dollars…

110 | February 8, 2013 5:00 pm

@ heysoos:

Scratch one carrier for at least the remainder of Obama’s term.

and most of the next term, regardless of which party wins the White House.

Soon Obama will be selling them to the Chicoms… :evil:

111 | February 8, 2013 5:00 pm

doriangrey wrote:

A very short public service announcement.
    A few personal observations of this years Flu season.

glad yer better.

112 | February 8, 2013 5:01 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Good call.

That is a shame that Mexico is now so dangerous.
    It’s a beautiful place & Ixtapa is like falling off of the World.
    The place is just to dangerous now.
    Puerto Rico is a good call, with the exception of Old San Juan at night.

113 | February 8, 2013 5:02 pm

MacDuff wrote:
    Good call.

That is a shame that Mexico is now so dangerous.
    It’s a beautiful place & Ixtapa is like falling off of the World.
    The place is just to dangerous now.
    Puerto Rico is a good call, with the exception of Old San Juan at night.

Costa Rica and Belize are pretty safe…expats are flocking down there

114 | February 8, 2013 5:03 pm

Puerto Rico is a good call, with the exception of Old San Juan at night.

Or the rest of San Juan. It’s disturbing to go through the neighborhoods, as I did a few years ago, and see beautiful, midcentury-modern houses, designed to be all open, entirely enclosed in cages of bars.

It is also a little disturbing to see the number of Muslim immigrants who have entered Puerto Rico—the more so since here in NYC one encounters a lot of Hispanic Muslim converts.

115 | February 8, 2013 5:05 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

I doubt that Jon Stewart covered it.

Who’s Jon Stewart??

I stopped watching TV twenty years ago.

116 | February 8, 2013 5:07 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    El Dorado is a nice safe resort area about 40 miles outside of San Juan.
    You do have to watch yourself is Isla Verdes.

117 | February 8, 2013 5:07 pm

Hispanic Muslim converts…makes me a bit uncomfortable…yet Hispanics traditionally revere their women…I see a problem

118. brookly red
    118 | February 8, 2013 5:08 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

@ Da_Beerfreak:

I doubt that Jon Stewart covered it.

Who’s Jon Stewart??

I stopped watching TV twenty years ago.

dyam it’s only been 10 for me… my hat is off to you ! (Sir?)

119. citizen_q
    119 | February 8, 2013 5:09 pm

O/T Listing to the radio finishing up some working and not listening to closely. They were talking about a guard at the Air and Space museum that had confessed to a long history of stealing from the museum.

This quote caught my ear “I pretty stole every day except during the holy month of ramadan”.

120. 120 | February 8, 2013 5:10 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    A very short public service announcement.
    A few personal observations of this years Flu season.

glad yer better.

I’m not. I’m am just reaching the point where I think I might survive. Not sure that I want to though… :shock:

121 | February 8, 2013 5:11 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    @ Da_Beerfreak:
    I doubt that Jon Stewart covered it.
    Who’s Jon Stewart??
    I stopped watching TV twenty years ago.

dyam it’s only been 10 for me… my hat is off to you ! (Sir?)

TV is an electronic box…it’s value is not in dispute

122 | February 8, 2013 5:13 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    A very short public service announcement.
    A few personal observations of this years Flu season.
    glad yer better.

eat a Flintstone vitamin and consider yourself fit

123. brookly red
    123 | February 8, 2013 5:14 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Puerto Rico is a good call, with the exception of Old San Juan at night.

I have met some of those, interestingly enough they have all been young, attractive women who just happened to marry wealthy oil types… que convierte a quién? veremos si Mommie, no?

124 | February 8, 2013 5:14 pm

@ brookly red:
    @ Da_Beerfreak:
    Not that it matters, but I find that hard to believe.
    I mean what do you do at night -- you don;t go to movies, you don;t watch TV, do you just listen to Rush Limbaugh? lol

125. 125 | February 8, 2013 5:14 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    A very short public service announcement.
    A few personal observations of this years Flu season.
    glad yer better.

In other totally unrelated news, global warming is predicted to sprinkle my little corner of SoCal Paradise around midnight tonight. While rumor has it, coldwarrior is going to be buried under 4 plus feet of the same wonderfully white global warming tonight… :razz:

126 | February 8, 2013 5:15 pm

and NM is as dry as a bone

127. 127 | February 8, 2013 5:16 pm

citizen_q wrote:

month of ramadan

I usually throw away the Ramadan spice packets and just go with butter and soy sauce on my ramadan.

128. 128 | February 8, 2013 5:17 pm

and NM is as dry as a bone

Not for much longer, check your radar… :shock:

129 | February 8, 2013 5:17 pm

citizen_q wrote:
    month of ramadan

lead the way…CA is fast becoming the Ramadan capitol of America

130 | February 8, 2013 5:18 pm

@ brookly red:
    Thanks. I be a he. The more time I started spending on the computer the less time I had for the TV until, at some point, I was spending all my time on the computer. Signed up to GEnie (General Electric Network for Information Exchange) back in ’92 and haven’t looked back…

131 | February 8, 2013 5:18 pm

no sir!
    this storm is missing us by a good way this time.

132 | February 8, 2013 5:19 pm

and NM is as dry as a bone

Not for much longer, check your radar…

we are really hurting down here…any moisture is a blessing

133 | February 8, 2013 5:19 pm

So much for a fair trial for George Zimmerman…

Florida Congresswoman Proposes Congressional Resolution To Honor Trayvon Martin, Calls His Death “Murder” And “Racial Profiling”

“Today, Trayvon Martin would have celebrated his 18th birthday. We all know the tragic circumstances surrounding his murder: Trayvon was racially profiled, chased, made to fight for his life, and ultimately murdered. Yet we as a nation have yet to take substantive action to stop such a heartbreaking incident from happening again. Enough is enough: We as a nation have buried too many young black boys. Let’s set Congress on course to address the underlying causes behind the crisis that Trayvon’s death symbolizes. Let’s take action to stop racial profiling and give our people a chance to succeed.”

134. brookly red
    134 | February 8, 2013 5:19 pm

@ brookly red:
    @ Da_Beerfreak:
    Not that it matters, but I find that hard to believe.

I live in NYC… why would I stay home to watch Judge Judy? I don’t eat meat or smoke pot either.

135 | February 8, 2013 5:21 pm

So much for a fair trial for George Zimmerman…

a needless death…Zimmerman has the votes tho and will skate…that entire incident sucks

136. brookly red
    136 | February 8, 2013 5:22 pm

We as a nation have buried too many young black boys.

well yes but nowhere near as many as we aborted… besides most young black boys we buried were shot by other young black boys… life is a bitch now isn’t it.

137 | February 8, 2013 5:23 pm

@ brookly red:
    @ Da_Beerfreak:
    Not that it matters, but I find that hard to believe.

when was the last time you visited Quartzite AZ?…do you ever get out?

138 | February 8, 2013 5:23 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    @ Da_Beerfreak:
    I doubt that Jon Stewart covered it.
    Who’s Jon Stewart??
    I stopped watching TV twenty years ago.

dyam it’s only been 10 for me… my hat is off to you ! (Sir?)

TV is an electronic box…it’s value is not in dispute

My Best Friend summed it up over thirty years ago when he call the TV “Junk Food for the Mind” and it hasn’t changed one bit. It’s still a vast wasteland; adding more channels didn’t change a thing…

139 | February 8, 2013 5:24 pm

@ heysoos:

He’d still be alive today if he hadn’t chosen to attack an armed man.

140. 140 | February 8, 2013 5:25 pm

We as a nation have buried too many young black boys.

Well, the solution to that problem is not to convict George Zimmerman, but to convince the African-American community that homicide is not a valid career choice.

141 | February 8, 2013 5:25 pm

@ brookly red:

Yup. If he’d been shot by another black kid, this story wouldn’t have even made the front page of the local paper.

142 | February 8, 2013 5:26 pm

Too bad we don’t have a president who could work on something like that…

143. 143 | February 8, 2013 5:27 pm

a needless death

There was nothing needless about Treyvons death, it was 100 percent pure Darwin’s Law in action.

144 | February 8, 2013 5:27 pm

@ brookly red:
    @ Da_Beerfreak:
    Not that it matters, but I find that hard to believe.
    I mean what do you do at night — you don;t go to movies, you don;t watch TV, do you just listen to Rush Limbaugh? lol

I read a lot. Mom was a Librarian, my oldest memories are about books and libraries. :grin:

145 | February 8, 2013 5:29 pm

@ heysoos:
    He’d still be alive today if he hadn’t chosen to attack an armed man.

the whole issue is pretty fucked up…if you are armed and have the controllers mentality, there is no doubt you will find somebody to kill…if I was being stalked, I might just confront my stalker too…this is a case of where two fools met…Zimmerman was looking for trouble and he found it…now that he’s killed some kid, his extra judicial fantasies have been fulfilled…I hope he enjoys his celebrity

146 | February 8, 2013 5:30 pm

a needless death

my what a clever way to put it

147. brookly red
    147 | February 8, 2013 5:30 pm

He’d still be alive today if he hadn’t chosen to attack an armed man.

and that is the problem with gun control… if you assume the other person may just shoot your ass you tend to act more civilized. I if you assume your shit don’t stink? well it is what it is.

148 | February 8, 2013 5:31 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    A very short public service announcement.
    A few personal observations of this years Flu season.
    glad yer better.

Local global warming report: I’m currently under a ‘Winter Storm Watch’ and the folks a few counties west of here are under a ‘Blizzard Watch’, looks like the weekend is going to be interesting…

149 | February 8, 2013 5:32 pm

@ heysoos:

Huh…I didn’t even know that you’d ever met Zimmerman, much less that he’d told you what was on his mind that night.

If you hurry and move down to Florida, maybe you can get yourself on the jury

150. brookly red
    150 | February 8, 2013 5:32 pm

@ brookly red:

In Chicago it would be in the sports pages… Bloods 4 Crypts 3

151. 151 | February 8, 2013 5:34 pm

a needless death

my what a clever way to put it

Hey, you either believe in the God theory or you don’t. If you don’t, then Darwin is what you have to work with. Suck it up and live with it, Darwin’s law is painfully simple, anything to stupid to keep itself alive, will get itself killed. Period, end of story.

152 | February 8, 2013 5:37 pm

@ brookly red:

We don’t need gun control. We need thug control.

153. brookly red
    153 | February 8, 2013 5:37 pm

doriangrey wrote:

ahhhh but that is where big gubermit comes in… if we had no federal gubermint the libs would have starved into extinction by the 70′s.

154. 154 | February 8, 2013 5:41 pm

brookly red wrote:

Bloody effing shame that didn’t happen, eh…

155 | February 8, 2013 5:42 pm

MSNBC Host Admits She’s A Hypocrite: Trusts Obama To Assassinate Americans With No Due Process, Wouldn’t Support Bush If He Did It…

MSNBC’s co-host of The Cycle, Krystal Ball, took on the notion circulating in the media that liberal supporters of President Barack Obama are engaging in hypocrisy when they defend the executive’s authority to execute drone strikes on Americans overseas. Some claim that they would never support this power if the president were a Republican. Ball agreed with this point, conceding that she would not support President George W. Bush having this authority. However, she said that Obama is a “fundamentally responsible actor” while Bush regularly “displayed extraordinarily lapses in judgment.”

In a related question, when did MSNBC start hiring strippers as hosts? Don’t tell me that Krystal Ball is her actual name…

156 | February 8, 2013 5:43 pm

gun up bros…lets go hunting!

157. brookly red
    157 | February 8, 2013 5:44 pm

brookly red wrote:

Bloody effing shame that didn’t happen, eh…

Great society and all… funny the the libs treat Darwin like God. They hear what he said and do exactly the opposite… and if CJ reads this site that was for you.

158 | February 8, 2013 5:47 pm

He’d still be alive today if he hadn’t chosen to attack an armed man.

Zimmerman should never have been charged in the first place. The DA should be disbarred.@ lobo91:

Originally the police passed on charging Zimmerman.
    It changed when the race industry got involved.

159. Lily
    159 | February 8, 2013 5:47 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

So now are people still pissed at Rove?
    Personally, I don’t think he’s the anti-Christ.
    forgive me while I duck

Naw…there were several Crossroads ads that I liked…there is just too many moonbats out there that refuse to acknowledge obama isn’t excatly good for America…no commericals were going to change that.

160. brookly red
    160 | February 8, 2013 5:47 pm

when the news became a lap dance…

161 | February 8, 2013 5:48 pm

He’d still be alive today if he hadn’t chosen to attack an armed man.

Originally the police passed on charging Zimmerman.
    It changed when the race industry got involved.

162 | February 8, 2013 5:51 pm

heysoos wrote:

That’s like blaming Bernhard Goetz (1984) for carrying a gun in order to defend himself against muggers and then having the temerity to actually be mugged. If the four “yutes” did not try to mug him they would never have drawn lead.

163. brookly red
    163 | February 8, 2013 5:51 pm

Lily wrote:

the worm is turning… they are not liking this kill list thing (refer makes you paranoid) they are starting to realize in there navel gazing that there is actually no reason the state they worship has any reason to keep them around. Muhahahahah

164. 164 | February 8, 2013 5:52 pm

heysoos wrote:

gun up bros…lets go hunting!

Dude, it really isn’t necessary to be an asshole. We get it… You are afraid of scary guns… Ok… no big deal. It takes a certain level of intellectual acuity to comprehend that a gun is an inanimate object utterly and totally incapable of acting on it’s own volition.

165 | February 8, 2013 5:52 pm

I don’t consider you people reasonable on this issue…I’m done

166. brookly red
    166 | February 8, 2013 5:53 pm

Speranza wrote:

same damn thing… I will do you one better Tawana Brawley.

167 | February 8, 2013 5:54 pm

Hey I don’t carry a gun.

168 | February 8, 2013 5:54 pm

heysoos wrote:
    gun up bros…lets go hunting!

you don’t need to be a prick, you choose to be and people seem to admire you for it…nice dump you got here…have I been rude or impolite?

169 | February 8, 2013 5:55 pm

I don’t consider you people reasonable on this issue…I’m done

Diane Feinstein will be thrilled to hear that she has a new convert.

170 | February 8, 2013 5:55 pm

It smells a lot like the Duke Lacrosse case to me. You remember that one? Former D.A. Mike Nifong, is he pumping gas yet?@ Speranza:

Yes it does. The whole thing has less to do with guilt or innocene than it
    does with Social Justice.
    Totally inappropriate for Obama to comment.

171 | February 8, 2013 5:56 pm

Speranza wrote:

same damn thing… I will do you one better Tawana Brawley.

Tawana Bawanna was found in Virginia working as a nurse and under an assumed name. She is a single mother (naturally /) and she is being pursued (by law) for the money she owes to Steve Pagones whom she slandered with a fake rape charge. In the photo I saw of her she looks like shit.

172. brookly red
    172 | February 8, 2013 5:56 pm

I don’t consider you people reasonable on this issue…I’m done

well we got a few things going on what issue exactly is that?

173 | February 8, 2013 5:57 pm

I don’t consider you people reasonable on this issue…I’m done
    Diane Feinstein will be thrilled to hear that she has a new convert.

really?…you believe that?

174 | February 8, 2013 5:58 pm

Originally the police passed on charging Zimmerman.

Well, yeah, because they were actually there and saw his head wound and broken nose.

You can’t let people who know the facts of the case make those decisions.

175 | February 8, 2013 5:58 pm

Yes it does. The whole thing has less to do with guilt or innocence than it
    does with Social Justice.
    Totally inappropriate for Obama to comment.

Obama has this need to inject himself into purely local issues i.e. Henry Gates and Trayvon Martin. I did not like it when W. injected himself in the Terry Schiavo case either.

176 | February 8, 2013 5:59 pm

I don’t consider you people reasonable on this issue…I’m done
    well we got a few things going on what issue exactly is that?

that is if Zimmerman had not stalked that kid, looking for trouble, none of this would be news…he attacked Zimmerman, a bad move, now he’s dead…guns rule

177 | February 8, 2013 5:59 pm

I always meant to ask you something. How come your posts always have the hard sentence breaks when you type?

178. brookly red
    178 | February 8, 2013 6:00 pm

Speranza wrote:

kinda makes you wonder about obamacare… well I guess she could get a nurses licence wtf Mohammad Atta had FIVE drivers licences… so you know our elections are fair :)

179 | February 8, 2013 6:00 pm

heysoos wrote:

The whole ZImmerman-Martin affair is being pursued politically because based on the facts there is little doubt that Zimmerman was acting in self defense.

180 | February 8, 2013 6:01 pm

@ heysoos:

And again, if you’re going to make up your own facts, you can come to any conclusion you like.

181 | February 8, 2013 6:02 pm

Speranza wrote:

With the interest she owes on the original judgement against her it is several hundred thousand dollars. They can garnish her wages.

182 | February 8, 2013 6:02 pm

heysoos wrote:

I’ve never doubted that…the question is how did he get himself into that situation…and people just blow off that question

183 | February 8, 2013 6:03 pm

make up what?…Zimmerman stalked that kid, he admitted it

184. brookly red
    184 | February 8, 2013 6:04 pm

I don’t consider you people reasonable on this issue…I’m done
    well we got a few things going on what issue exactly is that?

stalked? looking for trouble? yeah that is kinda what the neighborhood watch does…

185 | February 8, 2013 6:04 pm

heysoos wrote:

He belonged to a Block Watch. I don’t think Zimmerman went out “hunting” people. He did call 9-11.

186 | February 8, 2013 6:04 pm

Originally the police passed on charging Zimmerman.

You can’t let people who know the facts of the case make those decisions.

What is happening to Zimmerman made me look at things differently.
    By the way this is Trayvon week in Miami, a celebration of his life.
    Ridiculous.

187 | February 8, 2013 6:05 pm

@ heysoos:

It’s not a question that has any bearing on the case.

Zimmerman was walking back to his vehicle, when Martin came up behind him and attacked him.

The timeline proves that.

188 | February 8, 2013 6:05 pm

By the way this is Trayvon week in Miami, a celebration of his life

Yeah he contributed a lot to society and he had so much more to offer.

189. 189 | February 8, 2013 6:05 pm

What’s wrong with carrying a gun?

190. Lily
    190 | February 8, 2013 6:06 pm

Lily wrote:

Oh indeed the true obama is all out there for all to see…just wait it will get worse as the year goes on for obama. It’ll bring a smile to my face.
    /at least I hope I’m right. ;)

191. brookly red
    191 | February 8, 2013 6:06 pm

make up what?…Zimmerman stalked that kid, he admitted it

well yes, next time the cops pull up behind you they are actually stalking you… don’t put so much on the words look at the big picture.

192 | February 8, 2013 6:07 pm

That “kid” Trayvon Martin was a thug.

193. Lily
    193 | February 8, 2013 6:07 pm

Hey I don’t carry a gun.

Neither do I…but apparently heysoos is missing the point here.

194. brookly red
    194 | February 8, 2013 6:08 pm

Mike C. wrote:

What’s wrong with carrying a gun?

nothing. now using it may or may not be an issue.

195 | February 8, 2013 6:08 pm

@ heysoos:
    It’s not a question that has any bearing on the case.
    The timeline proves that.

I’m letting the kid off, as I’ve said…but I question the attitude of this Zimmerman and his vigilanty view of peace…all I have ever said was that Zimmerman was looking for trouble where there was none and a boy is dead…I have never once accused Zimmerman of murder…it went bad and a young kid died…all I have ever stated was that it was unnecessary

196. Lily
    196 | February 8, 2013 6:09 pm

heysoos wrote:
    gun up bros…lets go hunting!

Really you want to know if you have been rude or impolite???
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Yes in the past you most certaianly have.

197 | February 8, 2013 6:11 pm

@ Lily:
    smell the blood?

198 | February 8, 2013 6:11 pm

Why would Zimmerman be looking for trouble (especially with a Dude a hell of a lot bigger than he is)? Does he have a criminal/anti-social record that we don’t know about?

199 | February 8, 2013 6:11 pm

Speranza wrote:

I have no idea. I am on an IPad, but that shouldn’t matter.
    To me the bigger question is why is my spelling so bad.?

200 | February 8, 2013 6:13 pm

@ heysoos:

I question the attitude of this Zimmerman and his vigilanty view of peace…

You didn’t “question” anything. You assigned a motive to him.

Really? That sure isn’t what this sounded like:

201. 201 | February 8, 2013 6:13 pm

Mike C. wrote:
    What’s wrong with carrying a gun?
    nothing. now using it may or may not be an issue.

Yup. If you can’t meke correct decisions, best not to carry.

202 | February 8, 2013 6:13 pm

Speranza wrote:

he’s a self styled keeper of the peace…he was packing and he was there…is that some coincidence?…a life was lost, and it could have been avoided…that’s been my position all along

203 | February 8, 2013 6:14 pm

Lily wrote:

Hey I don’t carry a gun.
    Neither do I…but apparently heysoos is missing the point here.

Well like the Christian Slater character in True Romance said “Better to have a gun and not need it then to need a gun and not have it”.

204. Lily
    204 | February 8, 2013 6:14 pm

@ Lily:
    smell the blood?

/you are picking on someone who is sick. Should give Dorian some lee-way and he has a right to his opinion as you do.

Normally it’s me you are being rude to….but I just let it go.

205. brookly red
    205 | February 8, 2013 6:15 pm

@ heysoos:
    It’s not a question that has any bearing on the case.
    The timeline proves that.

protecting your home = looking for trouble? well yes in a way it does. Actually taking any kind of precaution to protect yourself, family or property is kinda looking for trouble. thank God we don’t live in the UK

206. Lily
    206 | February 8, 2013 6:15 pm

Lily wrote:
    Hey I don’t carry a gun.
    Neither do I…but apparently heysoos is missing the point here.

Indeed.

207 | February 8, 2013 6:15 pm

Lily wrote:

@ Lily:
    smell the blood?
    Normally it’s me you are being rude to….but I just let it go.

I don’t know of any sickness…he speaks his mind and so do I

208 | February 8, 2013 6:16 pm

heysoos wrote:

So he was packing, so what? That does not make him a vigilante or a gunslinger. He was attacked, defended himself and that should have been the end of it. And he did call 9-11, and he has been slandered ever since just like the Duke Lacrosse guys -- all because he and they were caucasian. There I said it!

209 | February 8, 2013 6:17 pm

@ heysoos:
    It’s not a question that has any bearing on the case.
    The timeline proves that.

it’s certainly worth the debate…we are talking a fine line here…that’s cool

210 | February 8, 2013 6:17 pm

Good thread but time for me to hit the diner across the street.

211 | February 8, 2013 6:17 pm

Speranza wrote:

That “kid” Trayvon Martin was a thug.

The Media kept showing a picture of the 12 year old altar boy Trayvon.
    Then the photos of the tricked out tricked out thug surffaced

212 | February 8, 2013 6:17 pm

heysoos wrote:
    So he was packing, so what? That does not make him a vigilante or a gunslinger. He was attacked, defended himself and that should have been the end of it. And he did call 9-11, and he has been slandered ever since just like the Duke Lacrosse guys — all because he and they were caucasian. There I said it!

yes, all that is true

213. brookly red
    213 | February 8, 2013 6:18 pm

There I said it!

if we have a new political party the There I Said It Party is the way to go!

214 | February 8, 2013 6:19 pm

Speranza wrote:
    That “kid” Trayvon Martin was a thug.

The Media kept showing a picture of the 12 year old altar boy Trayvon.
    Then the photos of the tricked out tricked out thug surffaced

I call him a kid because of his age…I don’t know how manly he was

215. Lily
    215 | February 8, 2013 6:22 pm

Lily wrote:
    @ Lily:
    smell the blood?
    Normally it’s me you are being rude to….but I just let it go.
    I don’t know of any sickness…he speaks his mind and so do I

You called rude and a prick for speaking his mind so the same should be applied to you too….just saying…don’t complain about someone throwing glasses when you are throughing glass plates..

216 | February 8, 2013 6:24 pm

@ Lily:
    he called me an asshole…did you not read that part?…so people that disagree with you are assholes?…got it…read more

217 | February 8, 2013 6:24 pm

heysoos wrote:

Not “everyone” has blown off that question.
    In my not so humble opinion Zimmerman’s biggest mistake was being out on ‘patrol’ alone. I done neighborhood watch patrols myself and know that the first rule is you never go out alone. A cell phone is worthless as backup as Zimmerman found out the hard way and it’s unlikely Martin would have confronted two people. So without even being there it’s still clear to me that mistakes were made that could have been avoided. Hindsight is always 20/20.

218. Lily
    218 | February 8, 2013 6:28 pm

@ Lily:

So? You called me a soccor mom and that was a polite name there?
    Dude you were insulting me …. did I insult you no…the horrible thing I did was disagree with you. Just saying…if you can dish it out but not take it back…

219 | February 8, 2013 6:30 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

heysoos wrote:

Not “everyone” has blown off that question.

yeah…it went bad for both of them…I don’t think Zimmerman had much choice after the fact…but people want to shit on those of us that think that could have been avoided…I have NERVER posted that he was innocent, only that the situation was avoidable….apparently around here death is unavoidable and the kid got what he deserved…whatever

220 | February 8, 2013 6:31 pm

Lily wrote:

@ Lily:
    So? You called me a soccor mom and that was a polite name there?

how is soccer mom an insult?

221. Lily
    221 | February 8, 2013 6:35 pm

@ heysoos:

You didn’t mean it in a nice way….at all and yes I have read the whole thread you were insulting dorien just for commenting on the blog and not the issue you disagreed with..if you kept it to just the subject at hand…I wouldn’t have said anything.

222. 222 | February 8, 2013 6:38 pm

Happy Friday. Greetings from blizzard central. Photo of the week?

223 | February 8, 2013 6:42 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

Happy Friday. Greetings from blizzard central. Photo of the week?

blizzards used to be fun growing up in MI…now they are proof of a political fiction….pretty soon, playing out in the snow will get you styigmatized as a baby killer

224 | February 8, 2013 6:43 pm

I call him a kid because of his age…I don’t know how manly he was
    @ heysoos:

He was 17 years old. He was in Sanford staying with his father & the fathers girlfriend,
    because he was suspended from his Miami high school.
    He got caught with burglar tools in his back pack

225. Calo
    225 | February 8, 2013 6:44 pm

I fear I have stumbled into a FNFT.

226 | February 8, 2013 6:47 pm

Actually, I think that Zimmerman was not on patrol, but driving to
    the store,.
    Their paths just crossed & he thought that Trayvon looked suspicious.
    They were having a lot of home break ins.

227 | February 8, 2013 6:48 pm

dead is dead…there might be another way

228. 228 | February 8, 2013 6:50 pm

@ heysoos:
    They are really hyping this storm. It’s winter, for cripes sake.

229. Lily
    229 | February 8, 2013 6:51 pm

@ Calo:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

/just for this thread

230 | February 8, 2013 6:53 pm

here in ABQ the windUrban Infidel wrote:

@ heysoos:
    They are really hyping this storm. It’s winter, for cripes sake.

I tell you, we are envious here in NM…and the temps are gonna go over 40 behind the storm back east…epic floods

231 | February 8, 2013 6:53 pm

By the way this is Trayvon week in Miami, a celebration of his life

Yeah he contributed a lot to society and he had so much more to offer.

yup

232. Lily
    232 | February 8, 2013 6:53 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

@ heysoos:
    They are really hyping this storm. It’s winter, for cripes sake.

They seem to be hyping everything …. we have a bunch of drama queens for news-casters.
    No.! qualification for a news-caster…DRAMA QUEEN (male or female)

233. 233 | February 8, 2013 6:54 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

@ heysoos:
    They are really hyping this storm. It’s winter, for cripes sake.

You’re not going to try and tell us that it usually snows in the NE US in winter, are you?

234 | February 8, 2013 6:57 pm

it’s raining…
    RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!

235. Lily
    235 | February 8, 2013 6:58 pm

it’s raining…
    RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!

By George I think ya have it!!!

236 | February 8, 2013 6:58 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Urban Infidel wrote:

@ heysoos:
    They are really hyping this storm. It’s winter, for cripes sake.

It’s Climate Chaos!

237 | February 8, 2013 6:59 pm

Actually, I think that Zimmerman was not on patrol, but driving to
    the store,.
    Their paths just crossed & he thought that Trayvon looked suspicious.
    They were having a lot of home break ins.

It is possible that it was a chance encounter, but Zimmerman still should not have gotten out of his car. After calling 911 he should have stayed out of things and let the Cops do their jobs. Being frustrated with the Cop’s slow response is no excuse for acting alone.

238 | February 8, 2013 7:01 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

@ heysoos:
    They are really hyping this storm. It’s winter, for cripes sake.

The grocery store shelves are all bare in my neighborhood like a bunch of vandals hit them.

239 | February 8, 2013 7:01 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Actually, I think that Zimmerman was not on patrol, but driving to
    the store,.
    Their paths just crossed & he thought that Trayvon looked suspicious.
    They were having a lot of home break ins.

yes, agreed

240 | February 8, 2013 7:03 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Being frustrated with the Cop’s slow response is no excuse for acting alone.

Let’s not confuse aggressor with victim.

241 | February 8, 2013 7:03 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:
    @ heysoos:
    They are really hyping this storm. It’s winter, for cripes sake.

The grocery store shelves re all bare in my neighborhood like a bunch of vandals hit them.

I can send you frozen green chilis

242 | February 8, 2013 7:04 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:
    @ heysoos:
    They are really hyping this storm. It’s winter, for cripes sake.

I can send you frozen green chilis

Mighty White of you
    “Dirty Harry”

243. 243 | February 8, 2013 7:04 pm

Speranza wrote:

That’s ridiculous. Oy vey.

244 | February 8, 2013 7:05 pm

Actually, I think that Zimmerman was not on patrol, but driving to
    the store,.
    Their paths just crossed & he thought that Trayvon looked suspicious.
    They were having a lot of home break ins.

it was more an unfortunate series of events than anything else

245 | February 8, 2013 7:07 pm

dead is dead…there might be another way

Saint Skittles should have thought of that before he suckerpunched Zimmerman and started pounding his head into the concrete.

246 | February 8, 2013 7:18 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Quite concur!

247 | February 8, 2013 7:20 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Being frustrated with the Cop’s slow response is no excuse for acting alone.

Let’s not confuse aggressor with victim.

Now why would anybody do that??

248. 248 | February 8, 2013 7:20 pm

@ heysoos:
    Dorian wants Hemp to make rope!

As do I.

The traditional punishment for treason.

So much for a fair trial for George Zimmerman…

We should have stuffed his evil hide and mounted him on a pole in front of the Smithsonian, next to that of Osama bin Laden -- as examples of what not to become.

249. brookly red
    249 | February 8, 2013 7:38 pm

The very fact that THEY are throwing this up as a distraction over Benghazi, and susquation and a whole lot over other stuff is bullshit. Holder needs to be in jail not Zimmerman let us not lose focus.

250. 250 | February 8, 2013 7:46 pm

The Osprey wrote:

dead is dead…there might be another way

Oh no no no… In heysoos world, the Treyvon’s Martins of the world have a license to assault whomever they wish, and steal with impunity. Anything else would be uncivilized.

251. brookly red
    251 | February 8, 2013 7:52 pm

The Osprey wrote:

dead is dead…there might be another way

don’t take the bait, we have fast and furious, Benghazi, the kill list… Treyvon Martian is a distraction. don’t fall for it.

252. 253 | February 8, 2013 8:05 pm

I’m happily upstate right now with two fireplaces going at once in a little snowstorm. Had a great dinner and two vodka and cranberry’s and I’m right about in a little heaven right about now.

253. brookly red
    254 | February 8, 2013 8:07 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

hope you got a fat orange cat in your lap :)

254. 255 | February 8, 2013 8:36 pm

@ brookly red:
    I have two dogs who are sitting by the fire with us.

255. Canoe Convoy
    256 | February 9, 2013 10:41 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Writers such as those will always view everything through an ideological lens, and will never ever be satisfied with anything produced by a “male-centric” ( whatever they’re calling it nowadays ) world. They’re living pretty high up the food chain, in a first world nation, and still finding fault.