The only “reasonable” gun control – is the trigger! And the grip.

by 1389AD ( 118 Comments › )
Filed under Open thread, Weapons at February 8th, 2013 - 7:00 pm

Competitive Shooting Tip: Grip – NSSF Shooting Sportscast

Uploaded on Jul 7, 2011 by TheNSSF
Champion shooter Doug Koenig shares his winning grip in this how to grip a handgun video. (NSSF Video)

From: 8 Shooting Tips: How Not To Look Like An Amateur Shooter

Firearms Refresher Course For Your Mind

A gun is like a parachute: if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

FieldandClays.com --(Ammoland.com)- I have made a short list of points and rounded them up in a Firearms Refresher Course for your mind:

“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”~Thomas Jefferson

“Those who trade liberty for security have neither.” ~ John Adams

• Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
  • An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
  • Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
  • Gun control is not about guns; it’s about control.
  • You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
  • Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
  • You don’t shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
  • Assault is a behavior, not a device.
  • 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
  • The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
  • The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
  • What part of ‘shall not be infringed’ do you NOT understand?
  • Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.
  • When you remove the people’s right to bear arms, you create slaves.
  • The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

What more do you need to know? If you would like to view some unique shooting products, please visit our store.

About:

FieldandClays.com is dedicated to furthering knowledge and the positive enhancement of the shooting sports. FieldandClays.com is the magazine promoting family-sporting fun with a gun. Trap, Skeet, Clays, and Hunting. It is a publication devoted to the shooting sports, by shooters. The staff members are active participants and competitors experienced in the shooting industry, publish the magazine. Visit: www.FieldandClays.com

Tags: ,

Comments

118 Responses to “The only “reasonable” gun control – is the trigger! And the grip.”

1. 1 | February 8, 2013 7:09 pm

The 64+ million gun owners bit really dates this piece. 80-90 million would be a better number these days.

2 | February 8, 2013 7:09 pm

grip tension?…that was fun

3 | February 8, 2013 7:16 pm

Woodstock of automatic weapons…heh
    dig this

4. 4 | February 8, 2013 7:19 pm

Grip on a handgun is very individual and even then varies from gun to gun. My preferred grip on the Beretta doesn’t work on the S&W and would subject me to injury if I tried it.

5 | February 8, 2013 7:26 pm

The only valid definition of gun control is hitting what you’re shooting at. Anything else is bullshit.

6. Dolphin
    6 | February 8, 2013 7:28 pm

Think it is in Russian, but easy to figure out. Enjoy!

7 | February 8, 2013 7:31 pm

@ Dolphin:
    that was fun….reminds me of the old days

8. Dolphin
    8 | February 8, 2013 7:51 pm

@ heysoos:
    ;)

Just got back inside. Was watching the ISS fly over. Never gets old!

For those with android phones the best app is ISS Detector. issdetector.com and also in the play store.

9. 9 | February 8, 2013 7:54 pm

Dolphin wrote:

Think it is in Russian, but easy to figure out. Enjoy!

Meh… Only got 30 one time cause that damned ruskie could hold his arm steady to save his life… :twisted:

10. 10 | February 8, 2013 7:57 pm

@ heysoos:

Just got back inside. Was watching the ISS fly over. Never gets old!

BWAHAHAHAHAH… I have Satellite Flybys, had it now for a couple of years. It’s pretty cool… :grin:

11 | February 8, 2013 7:59 pm

@ Dolphin:
    google night sky, meteor shower,radar scope, satellite ar, wolfram alpha, and
    smart tools are indispensable

12. Dolphin
    12 | February 8, 2013 8:01 pm

He’s been drinking his vodka -- lol. I noticed it too!

13. 13 | February 8, 2013 8:02 pm

and
    smart tools are indefensible.

Really now, :roll: or did you mean indispensable? :twisted:

14 | February 8, 2013 8:04 pm

doriangrey wrote:

and
    smart tools are indefensible.
    Really now, or did you mean indispensable?

dyac.

15. 15 | February 8, 2013 8:04 pm

@ Dolphin:
    google night sky, meteor shower,radar scope, satellite ar, wolfram alpha, and
    smart tools are indispensable

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH… Caught ya… You Computer Kung Fu, is not as strong as my Computer Kung Fuindispensable padawan… :twisted:

16. 16 | February 8, 2013 8:06 pm

Oh, you have got to be kidding :oops:

17. 17 | February 8, 2013 8:07 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    and
    smart tools are indefensible.
    Really now, or did you mean indispensable?

dyac.

BWAHAHAHAHAH… Tell me about it… :lol:

18. Dolphin
    18 | February 8, 2013 8:10 pm

They have developed this app so well you can set alerts to notify you with lots of events. Also gives you text alerts, compass, path info, elevation and audible alerts when the event is visible (at your location with GPS enabled).

Love Google sky. One of the first apps I downloaded on my first smart phone.

19 | February 8, 2013 8:11 pm

C’mon East Coast. I’ve been in 40 degree below weather. 4 foot snows. Wind whipping across highways so bad that snow drifts form in second. Ice so bad you couldn’t stand up. But I was still able to travel to where I was going. Just slower.

But I suppose this idiot governor thinks it is a national health issue.

20 | February 8, 2013 8:13 pm

Let’s see how many kids we can exploit!

More Than 20 House Dems Led By Pelosi To Bring Victims Of Gun Violence To State Of The Union Address…

A increasing number of House Democrats are bringing victims of gun violence as their guests to next week’s State of the Union, with the list now including House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.).

News of their plans comes amid an effort by a group of House Democrats to get all lawmakers in their party to bring gun violence victims to the State of the Union, in an effort to keep up the pressure for new gun safety laws. Ten lawmakers were confirmed to participate in the effort earlier this week; that number is now up to 21.

Republicans should bring people whose lives have been saved by guns.

21 | February 8, 2013 8:13 pm

@ darkwords:

the nanny state will keep you safe from YOURSELF!

embrace the nanny! cradle to grave comrade!

22. Dolphin
    22 | February 8, 2013 8:15 pm

@ darkwords:
    I think NY has the same. Was kinda watching fox and I may be wrong, it may have been MA.

23 | February 8, 2013 8:17 pm

I’ve been in horrendous weather when we only had 3 TV channels. We didn’t need any government help or information to survive it. We just read about it in the news a few days later.

24 | February 8, 2013 8:18 pm

@ 20 lobo91: Very Good point but do we think any GoP leader is wise enough to think of it. I think most of them would have trouble reading this blog. Just due to technical issues.

25 | February 8, 2013 8:20 pm

I want to start seeing the GoP frame all Obama NOW policies as hysterical and a detriment to national health. Just say it a few times on CNN.

26. Dolphin
    26 | February 8, 2013 8:20 pm

Too logical for the GOP. There is lots the GOP should be doing, but just don’t have the balls to do so. And then there is what they are doing to actually help the libs…

Rubio giving the GOP response to the State of the Union address in Spanish is one example I can give you off the top of my tired head tonight.

27 | February 8, 2013 8:20 pm

@ darkwords:

You’d first have to prove to me that they can read, period.

28 | February 8, 2013 8:21 pm

@ coldwarrior: news that the millennial generation is the most anxious ever. Apparently Obama has them so scared they can’t function.

29 | February 8, 2013 8:22 pm

One of the Florida Republicans should bring George Zimmerman.

30 | February 8, 2013 8:25 pm

I wonder if that rogue cop is really in Bear Lake still? If he was smart he just drove another vehicle out of there. Unless his last stand is there.

31 | February 8, 2013 8:26 pm

@ 29 lobo91: I would do that just to force the other side into more hysterics.

32 | February 8, 2013 8:26 pm

Here’s a bit of good news, if it’s accurate:

Speculation That Chuck Hagel May Withdraw From Consideration For Secretary Of Defense

33. Dolphin
    33 | February 8, 2013 8:26 pm

I saw an article on line a couple a days ago that G. Zimmerman’s brother said that gz was a big -0- supporter. Wanted to end the “white” mans rule. I think it was linked on drudge, but will try and find it if you haven’t seen it.

34 | February 8, 2013 8:27 pm

darkwords wrote:

good. an object lesson for them.

35 | February 8, 2013 8:28 pm

darkwords wrote:

@ 29 lobo91: I would do that just to force the other side into more hysterics.

I’d be willing to bet that one of the Dems will bring Trayvon Martin’s mother.

36 | February 8, 2013 8:29 pm

Dolphin wrote:

I don’t see where it makes a bit of difference. It was a justifiable shooting. He’s being lynched.

37. Dolphin
    37 | February 8, 2013 8:35 pm

Oh, I totally agree with you on that, but if the article was true, then I wonder what his position is now. Does he even see the irony? I truly feel sorry for the guy. I believe he was the -0-’s catalyst for the gun banning that he is pushing. Lots of us here saw the writing on the wall back then, question is does gz?

38 | February 8, 2013 8:36 pm

The poll showed that 41 percent of likely Hispanic voters were still persuadable — they were weak Obama supporters, or they were undecided or favored Romney. There was opportunity for Republicans.

Today I think the solution is to make the illegals here currently well paid integration consultants with the Mexican starts. Give them a guest worked card and opportunities to find ways to equalize the pressures across the border. shut off all other immigration for a few years.

39. Dolphin
    39 | February 8, 2013 8:39 pm

darkwords wrote:

shut off all other immigration for a few years.

How?

40 | February 8, 2013 8:40 pm

@ 39 Dolphin:
    Close the immigration office.

41. 41 | February 8, 2013 8:40 pm

darkwords wrote:
    shut off all other immigration for a few years.

How?

Hmmm, well, someone did propose digging a moat and filling it with alligators… :twisted:

42. 42 | February 8, 2013 8:41 pm

heysoos wrote:

Woodstock of automatic weapons…heh
    dig this

My favorite Knob Creek footage.

43 | February 8, 2013 8:41 pm

darkwords wrote:
    shut off all other immigration for a few years.

How?

we don’t control our own border…..how is right

44. Dolphin
    44 | February 8, 2013 8:41 pm

@ darkwords:All? Even those coming in legally, say those from India for computer programming jobs?

45 | February 8, 2013 8:42 pm

Obese art In this question I have to question the intent of the artist. Or the art is poorly done. How does she know they are looking at her because she is obese. What is that the judgement? I look at everyone close to me on the street. Everyone gets a look over. And I’ll quickly assess them. My facial expression won’t change much unless someone steps on my foot.

This is lib victim art to me. Libs looking for a way to validate victim hood even if it isn’t there. Making themselves anxious and debilitated over nothing.

46 | February 8, 2013 8:43 pm

@ 44 Dolphin: They can telecommute. Yes just go dark for 5 years. No one will really care.

47. Dolphin
    47 | February 8, 2013 8:44 pm

And the dirt from the said moat to raising New Orlenes above sea level!

48 | February 8, 2013 8:44 pm

Dolphin wrote:

Damn right!! There are plenty of good programmers here already, we don’t need to import new ones. :evil:

49. 49 | February 8, 2013 8:46 pm

Dolphin wrote:

say those from India for computer programming jobs?

50. Dolphin
    50 | February 8, 2013 8:46 pm

@ Dolphin:
    My company would disagree. I would personally disagree.

51 | February 8, 2013 8:46 pm

darkwords wrote:

like a tick…got it

52. 52 | February 8, 2013 8:47 pm

@ darkwords:
    She’s not that obese really. I had a friend who was really big and yes, people would stare. This artist though seems to be a follower of the liberal religion of self-loathing.

53 | February 8, 2013 8:48 pm

@ 43 heysoos: Some billionaire in texas should get local laws passed that allow for higher fences. Then pay ranchers to fortify their south borders in a way that discourages trepass. There is a canal in California where immigrant kids have drowned Warning.. CBS link. That is a place where a wall should be built instead of wasting time on hysterical gun control bawling.

54. Dolphin
    54 | February 8, 2013 8:50 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    Maybe, but they are not applying for or interviewing for the positions. A lot of them (from India) are coming here and are transferring back to India (with our company) when they have trained.

Just my micro observation.

55. 55 | February 8, 2013 8:50 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

@ darkwords:

And yet at the same time it is colored through the prism of, it’s not my fault, you people are all heartless and cruel.

56 | February 8, 2013 8:55 pm

@ 51 heysoos: In the case of Mexico we should just form tighter economic relations with them. Introduce our airport security. Our corruption policing. Give them more economic vitality. Give some benefits to people who want to be productive on both sides of the border.

Mexican culture has been part of my life since I was a newborn. It’s never been absent. I had plenty of Hispanic heroes growing up. I’m of north EU descent but never thought I was any different than my heroes.

Mexican drug perps and illegal immigrants who stay illegal seem like big threats to me. Whether they come from Idaho or Mexico. Regular Mexicans are decent hard working fun people as a rule. Very accepting. Just oppressed by corruption.

57 | February 8, 2013 8:57 pm

@ 48 Da_Beerfreak:
    The only reason a corporation retains those foreign programmers is that they pay them 25 percent of what they a pay a local worked and no benefits.

It’s one reason an iPhone is so cheap or maybe in other terms the stock price so high.

58 | February 8, 2013 9:00 pm

Or put a peso/dollar casino on the border reservation and make that the only way one can progressively slot themselves across the border. Achieve a level of reward points at the casino and get a golden work ticket. People will stay focused. Border control will get rich. The discouraged get a free cab ride home.

59. Dolphin
    59 | February 8, 2013 9:03 pm

@ darkwords:
    BHO is doing a great job of that already. Jobs and the economy drying up -- there is not as much economical value (US $) in them being here. Can’t link it here right now, but more Mexican illegals are leaving and going back to Mexico because it is more economical for them to do so.

60 | February 8, 2013 9:06 pm

@ Dolphin:
    Savoy Brown…

61. Buckeye Abroad
    61 | February 8, 2013 9:07 pm

@ Dolphin:

CZ50 .32

Standard side arm for pre-1990 East-European police.

I have one. Very accurate to 25 yards.

62. 62 | February 8, 2013 9:08 pm

@ darkwords:
    BHO is doing a great job of that already. Jobs and the economy drying up — there is not as much economical value (US $) in them being here. Can’t link it here right now, but more Mexican illegals are leaving and going back to Mexico because it is more economical for them to do so.

The Obama solution to the illegal Mexican immigration problem: Destroy America’s economy so that the Mexicans will stop coming here and go home.

63. CynicalConservative
    63 | February 8, 2013 9:10 pm

Lead, Brass, Silver, Gold.

Hi Dorian (or my favorite misspelling, Dorina…)

/galt

64. Dolphin
    64 | February 8, 2013 9:20 pm

darkwords wrote:

I’m of north EU descent but never thought I was any different than my heroes.

They are here illegally. Period. They are starting their new lives here illegally.

I lived 7 miles from the Mexican boarder for 9 years. I loved the culture, food and people for the first 8. Then it got scary for a single white female and I left. Yes, corruption follow other illegal activities.

I moved to Houston and married a Mexican -- lol!

65. 65 | February 8, 2013 9:21 pm

Especially those.

The purpose of the h-1b visa program is to replace American workers with less qualified, but much cheaper, indentured servants.

This is one more reason why I’m emigrating. Should’ve left in 2007.

@ darkwords:

Here ya go.

darkwords wrote:

@ 48 Da_Beerfreak:

What I was saying. Some are replaced with offshored “talent” paid even less than that. Which is why I say that any company that outsources its customer service has no customer service at all.

66. 66 | February 8, 2013 9:24 pm

darkwords wrote:

They could be staring at her because she has a mopey expression on her face, as though there’s nobody home upstairs.

If I see somebody in a public place who might not be in his or her right mind, I tend to keep an eye on that person.

Or maybe she hasn’t bathed.

67. song_and_dance_man
    67 | February 8, 2013 9:25 pm

@ Dolphin:

Hey. thanks again. Great gift.

68. song_and_dance_man
    68 | February 8, 2013 9:28 pm

I once had a Browning High Power with walnut grips. Grips are nice, but bullets are better.

69. 70 | February 8, 2013 9:40 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Walnut bullets??? :lol:

70. Dolphin
    71 | February 8, 2013 9:42 pm

@ 1389AD:
    The problem with the IT jobs is the “bubble” of the 80′s -- the monies are no longer there and there are many more people vying for those jobs. Everyone wanted the big bucks of computer jobs -- now you have over saturation. Very few are now keeping up with the much more rapid change of computers and security. It takes a lot of time and dollars to do it, but those that do, reap the benefits.

I work in IT, but not in the technical aspect. I do purchasing/procurement. I don’t need to be technical, but still try and learn when I can.

You want a job, invest in a Cisco boot camp security workshop. Intern with a company. Or move to Texas and take a CSC, a good job not making a lot of $, but with good, steady work and benefits.

71. 72 | February 8, 2013 9:43 pm

Mike C. wrote:

That’s true.

For some guns, the grips on the gun itself can be selected or adjusted to better fit the size of the shooter’s hands. And some small guns are all but unusable for a large-framed man with big hands.

72. Dolphin
    73 | February 8, 2013 9:45 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    I am sure you know John Prine, but if not check out the mp3 folder. My most favorite folk music of all times. Makes me smile every time I listen to it!!!

73. 74 | February 8, 2013 9:48 pm

@ Dolphin:
    I have given up on that field.

I got an MCSA cert and couldn’t get ANY work -- simply because I was competing against people who already had 5 yrs of experience with the new stuff. Nobody will hire a woman over 55 without actual work experience for that type of job, regardless of the certifications. I looked for YEARS. You have no concept of how demoralizing that is.

Plus, I am out of money. Really. And I am not going to go the student loan route. Whatever I can scare up from selling possessions and raiding my retirement savings will go to pay for moving overseas.

I have had enough.

74. Dolphin
    75 | February 8, 2013 9:50 pm

@ 1389AD:
    Oh, and btw, we don’t outsource our customer service, we hire legally immigrants to write source code. Our csc is Houston based.

76 | February 8, 2013 9:50 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

Illegal Smile is one of my favorites. :cool:

77 | February 8, 2013 9:57 pm

77. Dolphin
    78 | February 8, 2013 10:01 pm

@ 1389AD:
    I understand your frustration, my only point was, is that if your technology knowledge is outdated (and it can be in 6 months now days), you already behind, but you need to readjust your expectations.

My personal opinion is migration is not your solution, but readjusting your expectations is the solution.

My company is hiring BIG time, as are a lot of Texas companies. It may not be what you know or want to do (or the $$), but there are jobs out there.

78. Dolphin
    79 | February 8, 2013 10:08 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    Mine too! I also love “Dear Abby”

John Prine rocks!

80 | February 8, 2013 10:14 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

81 | February 8, 2013 10:16 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    Mine too! I also love “Dear Abby”

John Prine rocks!

That’s also on the list, along with the song about the ‘flag decal’…

81. Dolphin
    82 | February 8, 2013 10:33 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Have not heard that one in a while. Had to pull out my Bluetooth speaker!

82. Dolphin
    83 | February 8, 2013 10:38 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    Had not heard this one to the best of my knowledge. Had to Google it.

Yep, another good one!

84 | February 8, 2013 10:44 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Have not heard that one in a while. Had to pull out my Bluetooth speaker!

Ol’ John always looks like he was just shot out of a cannon… or maybe a well shaken beer bottle. But he’s got some great tunes.

84. Dolphin
    85 | February 8, 2013 10:48 pm

@ huckfunn:
    I agree, but , as you said, great toons,

Night all. Enjoyed the conversations tonight. It was a great, relaxing Friday evening!

86 | February 8, 2013 10:54 pm

@ Dolphin:
    Nite, Dolphin

87 | February 8, 2013 10:57 pm

Between John Prine and this Guy my musical tastes were hopeless warped at a tender young age…

88 | February 8, 2013 11:06 pm

Real short, snappy tune. Check it out.

89 | February 8, 2013 11:31 pm

@ huckfunn:
    That tune put me in the mood for some big band tunes.

89. Calo
    90 | February 8, 2013 11:51 pm

@ 1389AD:
    I must admit to have been watching your plight for a while, and you are a smart, witty and, at times, hilarious.

But, at the same time you denigrate your current customers and management as well as fellow citizens of the United States.

If you could use your humor a bit more in your current employment status, do you think it might offer you an opportunity to move up?

Just a dumb Southern hick’s question.

91 | February 8, 2013 11:56 pm

Crushes Obama!!! While he sits there hatin’!!!!

91. 92 | February 9, 2013 12:04 am

1389AD wrote:

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Walnut bullets???

They’re for killing vampires… :wink:

93 | February 9, 2013 12:33 am

doriangrey wrote:

1389AD wrote:

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Walnut bullets???

They’re for killing vampires…

Add a silver inlay or two and you have a nice duel purpose round… :twisted:

93. 94 | February 9, 2013 3:56 am

You don’t kill vampires with walnut. That’s holly. Sheesh!

95 | February 9, 2013 5:53 am

Hey I heard this lib flounce on the air yesterday.

Tim Benz leaves 105.9 The X Morning Show over gun control debate

Tim Benz, co-host of the Morning Show on alternative rock radio station 105.9 The X, left the air Friday after arguing with listeners about his support of stricter gun laws.

“There was a flare-up about gun control on the show, which included a good deal of flashback against the station,” Benz said. “I wasn’t able to walk away from the fight … (so) I decided to step away from the Morning Show.”

The argument stemmed from a Pittsburgh gun shop’s recent giveaway of hundreds of rounds of ammunition, high-capacity magazines and an AR-15 military-style rifle on its Facebook page.

Erik Lowry, owner of Pittsburgh Tactical Firearms, which bills itself as “America’s Largest Online Firearms Mall,” gave away the gun and ammo. He said he did not hear the show but heard about Benz’s decision.

Benz’s comments on guns drew predictable reaction for this part of the country, Lowry said.

“When you’re a morning show host in a town of blue-collar workers who love their guns and the Second Amendment, you’re going to (anger) a lot of people,” he said.

Benz concedes he is passionate about the issue of gun control. He said his polarizing opinions seem to be misunderstood.

I actually e-mailed the station last week after he promoted the MSNBC video purportedly showing pro-Second Amendment supporters “heckling” one of the parents of the Newtown slayings. (It had been heavily edited to achieve this affect.)

I was pretty civil, and made clear that I’m sure he wouldn’t give me the same respect. I’d have never sent anything if he hadn’t misrepresented his “facts” in order to use a 30 second soundbite to make the entire political right look bad.

He’s been doing it for weeks, throwing potshots around and not allowing any discussion.

This wouldn’t have happened if he’d have stuck to talking about sports, girls, and beer.

Went on a big rant though, and then MUSIC! In the AM! Imagine that!

Turns out he used the station’s official twitter account to post this:

“Sorry to burst your bubble rich. I’m sure there is nothing you enjoy better than enjoying a good ole fashioned liberal conspiracy theory. But I dont run the facebook page. I did post the Fleury story and noticed your boyfriend Anthony taking a swipe at me. So I made the tragic mistake of reading on and caught your ramblings. To answer your question, I think Obama’s idea of flying drones over America is an awesome one…so long as the drone is targeting your house. If he blew you away he’d be doing all of us a favor. As for you Anthony, you calling me brainwashed is laughable and highly hypocritical. And thank you, sincerely, for the wusification line. You have put into text what I think is at the core of so many of these arguments…you equate owning a gun to being a tough guy. Ok tough guy. Cling on to your guns just like Obama said. Go ahead and keep proving his ignorant statement right. Grab your bushmaster and blow Bambi’s head off. Color me sufficiently intimidated by you manliness…oh, mighty gun toting bad ass.”

96 | February 9, 2013 6:49 am

@ Bumr50:
    liberals reject the notion of personal responsibility…especially when it comes to self defense…their misplaced ideology will get them dead that much sooner

96. Guggi
    97 | February 9, 2013 6:50 am

Republican governors embrace part of health-care law

(…)

Many Republicans balked at the expansion when the Supreme Court made the Medicaid expansion optional in its ruling last in the summer. Supporters of the law worried that the opposition could undermine the entire health-care overhaul by shrinking the pool of Americans who would gain coverage.

But six Republican governors have since come to back the program, including Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder on Wednesday and Ohio’s John Kasich on Monday. Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer announced her support in mid-January.

(…)

The GOP is suicidal.

98 | February 9, 2013 6:53 am

Guggi wrote:

The GOP is suicidal.

Bipolar.

99 | February 9, 2013 7:14 am

So Hagel under the Obama bus before even nominated to soften us up for the real bastard planned for Defense?

99. Guggi
    100 | February 9, 2013 7:24 am

waldensianspirit wrote:

Think of the worst option and you’ll win.

101 | February 9, 2013 7:24 am

waldensianspirit wrote:

I just cannot believe all these people are willing to roll over for BO without some compensation…Rice, Clinton, Hagel, Holder…something is fishy

101. Guggi
    102 | February 9, 2013 7:26 am

(But who I am to beef, we have a SoD who was a draft dodger and has no clue about the military)

102. 103 | February 9, 2013 7:28 am

waldensianspirit wrote:

104 | February 9, 2013 7:46 am

chew on this…
    20 Reasons America Is Becoming An Increasingly Nonfunctional Society

105 | February 9, 2013 7:51 am

@ heysoos:

Thanks for the link!

Townhall.com has a lot of good material. I’d visit them more often if their site wasn’t so crappy, IMHO.

106 | February 9, 2013 7:57 am

listening to early morning blues…still dark out
    Savoy Brown

106. 107 | February 9, 2013 8:00 am

@ heysoos:

Nothing we all didn’t already know, but eminently valuable to have it compiled into a single source. Great link!

107. 108 | February 9, 2013 8:01 am

@ Bumr50:

Their site is atrocious, but their content isn’t exactly “deep end of the pool”, either.

109 | February 9, 2013 8:10 am

Mike C. wrote:

I honestly wouldn’t know.

They used to send me “Morning Links” after I signed up, and I’d click on one that I found interesting every so often.

Every time that I did that, not only would the site not load, but my browser would freeze so that I couldn’t go read something else.

I gave them six months, and six months later it was still doing it.

Not exactly engendering traffic.

109. 110 | February 9, 2013 8:11 am

Calo wrote:

@ 1389AD:
    Just a dumb Southern hick’s question.

They made it VERY clear that there will be no full-time positions opening up for ANYONE. Full-time employees, including managers, that leave aren’t being replaced.

111 | February 9, 2013 8:12 am

“The unions are doing it to shore up their political base,” he said. “They’re trying to make conservatives a permanent minority because they need to get these labor reforms through.”

111. 112 | February 9, 2013 8:12 am

@ Bumr50:

Indeed.

112. 113 | February 9, 2013 8:18 am

@ Bumr50:

They were the first site of their kind but they apparently haven’t upgraded since the early 2000s; I’m sure PJM and Breitbart are eating their lunch. Some good stuff can be had there…at times, but it’s not one of my regular haunts.

113. 114 | February 9, 2013 8:22 am

@ heysoos:

The stench of panic is all over unions.

114. 115 | February 9, 2013 8:22 am

We talk about “False Flag” operations, but we don’ thave much hard evidence for them. This, though, is straight from a source that I wouldn’t normally trust:

According to the affidavit filed in support of the criminal complaint, on November 30, 2012, Llaneza met with a man who led him to believe he was connected with the Taliban and the mujahidin in Afghanistan. In reality, this man was an undercover FBI agent. At this initial meeting, Llaneza proposed conducting a car-bomb attack against a bank in the San Francisco Bay Area. He proposed structuring the attack to make it appear that the responsible party was an umbrella organization for a loose collection of anti-government militias and their sympathizers. Llaneza’s stated goal was to trigger a governmental crackdown, which he expected would trigger a right-wing counter-response against the government followed by, he hoped, civil war.

I wouldn’t have trusted the FBI not to go along with it. I must say, I am surprised that they busted this guy.

115. 116 | February 9, 2013 8:26 am

@ waldensianspirit:

Brilliant speech by Dr. Carson. Can we get him to run for higher office?

117 | February 9, 2013 8:47 am

Nothing in this administration is what it seems, everything is illusory. The styrofoam Greek columns at his anointing at the DNC in ’08 were a harbinger.@ MacDuff:

That was his dangerous narcissism on display.
    The Media should have done everything to expose it.
    Instead they swooned like 10 year old girls over Justin
    Bieber.

118 | February 9, 2013 9:35 am

waldensianspirit wrote:

Crushes Obama!!! While he sits there hatin’!!!!

I saw that yesterday. Totally MUST SEE. I’m gonna put it up on Special Report.