Heureux Mardi Gras!

by Bunk X ( 59 Comments › )
Filed under Music, OOT at February 12th, 2013 - 11:00 pm

Mardi-Gras-New-Orleans

“Treme Brass Band parade down Frenchman Street, New Orleans, during the Satchmo Fest 2011 Club Strutt.”

New Orleans’ Treme Brass Band kicks it on The Overnight Open Thread.

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

59 Responses to “Heureux Mardi Gras!”

1 | February 13, 2013 12:05 am

mais oui, mes amis!

2 | February 13, 2013 12:06 am

3 | February 13, 2013 12:08 am

bunx’s mardi gras costume is fantastic!

4. Calo
    4 | February 13, 2013 12:11 am

Awwh, how nice it is to be able to catch a Bunk post on the OOT again. :smile:

Welcome back for tonight, Sir.

5 | February 13, 2013 12:12 am

we got our ‘package’ from the bayou a few months ago. we were having a dinner party. the guests got a good dose of crawdads. everyone loved them. we had to teach the peeps how to pinch tail and suck head.

6. 6 | February 13, 2013 12:15 am

It’s from last year, but it still fits. *flash*

7 | February 13, 2013 12:16 am

Bunk X wrote:

It’s from last year, but it still fits. *flash*

some fashions are timeless.

8. 8 | February 13, 2013 12:16 am

@ Calo:
    Have you taken the “special medicine” I prescribed?

9. 9 | February 13, 2013 12:17 am

Tits.

10. Calo
    10 | February 13, 2013 12:19 am

Them damn crawdads are about on the same par as brisket to me.

Filed under “foods to be avoided”.

Now, since I have been lucky enough to have been spared from the SOTU address tonight, I need a quick run down on how the world political arena is great, unemployment is not a problem, and healthcare is gonna be grand under Obamacare.

11. Calo
    11 | February 13, 2013 12:19 am

@ Bunk X:
    NO! I can’t. It’s a special workday tomorrow.

12 | February 13, 2013 12:21 am

Calo wrote:

raise taxes.

13 | February 13, 2013 12:21 am

@ Calo:

And we’ve cut the debt by $2.5 trillion.

14 | February 13, 2013 12:23 am

Calo wrote:

Them damn crawdads are about on the same par as brisket to me.

Filed under “foods to be avoided”.

more for me.

we served crawdads to start. then a seared ahi tuna salad, then brisket and cornbread.

the neuro team was pleased and left stuffed, and perhaps impaired.

15 | February 13, 2013 12:24 am

@ Calo:
    And we’ve cut the debt by $2.5 trillion.

praise him!

16. Calo
    16 | February 13, 2013 12:24 am

August 2011, health care premiums up 25%.
    August 2012, same shit.
    January 2013, healthcare dropped.

How many employees keeping their coverage?

17 | February 13, 2013 12:25 am

18 | February 13, 2013 12:26 am

Calo wrote:

August 2011, health care premiums up 25%.
    August 2012, same shit.
    January 2013, healthcare dropped.
    How many employees keeping their coverage?

but you get OBAMAcare now! he cares.

:evil:

19. AZfederalist
    19 | February 13, 2013 12:31 am

@ Calo:

And we’ve cut the debt by $2.5 trillion.

He didn’t really say that, did he?

20. Calo
    20 | February 13, 2013 12:32 am

@ Calo:
    And we’ve cut the debt by $2.5 trillion.

I’m sorry, what?

Were you in my kitty nip tonight, Lobo?

21 | February 13, 2013 12:33 am

AZfederalist wrote:

@ Calo:
    And we’ve cut the debt by $2.5 trillion.

He didn’t really say that, did he?

from what i understand, he did.

i was watching ancient aliens. more plausible and realistic than 0

22. AZfederalist
    22 | February 13, 2013 12:35 am

We were.watching the American Top Gear. Way more intelligent programming than SOTU. Heck, Honey Boo Boo would be more intelligent and coherent, it would at least be honest.

23. Calo
    23 | February 13, 2013 12:35 am

i was watching ancient aliens.

Rodan paid you to say that, didn’t he?

24 | February 13, 2013 12:35 am

Calo wrote:

@ Calo:
    And we’ve cut the debt by $2.5 trillion.

I’m sorry, what?
    Were you in my kitty nip tonight, Lobo?

obama was. and he is upset that it isnt first quality choom

25 | February 13, 2013 12:36 am

Calo wrote:

i was watching ancient aliens.
    Rodan paid you to say that, didn’t he?

not at all. big fan.

26 | February 13, 2013 12:37 am

AZfederalist wrote:

is it as good as the bbc version?

27. 27 | February 13, 2013 12:41 am

I’m still waiting for Mardi Gras flashers…

28. AZfederalist
    28 | February 13, 2013 12:44 am

AZfederalist wrote:

is it as good as the bbc version?

Depends on your taste in humor. The American version has a much more American flavor of humor while the Vritish version is more dry humor. The American version also tends to have a more coherent story line. They are both enjoyable, just a bit different flair. From what I could tell in the credits, BBC is involved in the production of the American version.

29. AZfederalist
    29 | February 13, 2013 12:45 am

Out for the night. Goodnight all

30. Calo
    30 | February 13, 2013 12:46 am

@ Bunk X:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Should I rouse Lily tonight?

31 | February 13, 2013 12:46 am

@ AZfederalist:

Right at the start.

We’ve cut the debt by $2.5 trillion, and only have to take another $1.5 trillion from those nasty rich people to fix everything.

And then he proposed about another $10 trillion in spending that he promised “won’t raise the deficit by one dime.”

32 | February 13, 2013 12:47 am

its february and im getting cabin fever

33 | February 13, 2013 12:49 am

@ AZfederalist:

the brit version is currently the only show on tv that makes me laugh to the point where i miss dialogue.

34 | February 13, 2013 12:49 am

35 | February 13, 2013 12:50 am

Pelosi: Chicago Jesus’ State Of The Union Speech, “Music To My Ears”…

Not everyone agrees…

36 | February 13, 2013 12:52 am

With all those people in town for the Mardi Gras; what’s keeping New Orleans from sinking into the Gulf?? :shock:

(Preparations for a possible run for Congress. :wink: )

37 | February 13, 2013 12:52 am

38. Calo
    38 | February 13, 2013 12:52 am

@ AZfederalist:
    Right at the start.

It’s late and your math doesn’t add up because it’s dark outside, the moon is full and there is global warming on the ground and I’m hungry for chocolate and only have 7 minutes left to eat some.

WTF? I’m glad I missed it.

39 | February 13, 2013 12:53 am

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

(Preparations for a possible run for Congress. )

ah! excellent question!

40 | February 13, 2013 12:54 am

Calo wrote:

300g chocolate STAT!

41. 41 | February 13, 2013 12:58 am

42 | February 13, 2013 1:00 am

43. Calo
    43 | February 13, 2013 1:08 am

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

(Preparations for a possible run for Congress. )

New Orleans is like an island that will tip over like Guam with the weight of the beads and boobs.

44 | February 13, 2013 1:10 am

@ Calo:

i just am amazed by that video, every time i see it i am paused by what just occurred

45. Calo
    45 | February 13, 2013 1:15 am

@ Bunk X:
    Only for you Bunk, would I have some Gusano Rojo and give it all up.

46. 46 | February 13, 2013 1:21 am

Saw this go down in real time on the twitter, and someone captured it. Too good not to share. (Keep in mind that it came in 140-character tweets.)

I stumbled on @MyNameIsFace timeline via my man @OfficiallyIce tweeting part of the story. I then went and read the story from the jump and began to SCREAM in my apartment. Whether this is real or not? It’s fucking genius. From the storyline, the build up, the incorrect spelling, the emotions, the reactions: PERFECT! I now present to you “I Just Got Fired” by @MyNameIsFace.

I’m very punctual so I show up to my new job which started on a Friday, around 8:30. 9 is shift start. I get to know my surroundings for the next 30 minutes. I read my employees handbook while consuming this tasty breakfast pastry.This lovely young tender comes to introduce herself. She welcomes me to the team. Her name was Tiadi. Hashish bitch or whatever. We chop it up, clock in… Next thing u know we sit right next to each other in our cubicle. WIN. Round 10:30 this bitch sent me a note. I opens it up. “Can I suck your dick”. I look up like Sun dun Wtf Wtf. I scribble back “Yes you can” She writes back “cool, parking lot at lunch”. I said Swag. Bitch. My dick hard as Fuck for the next two hours. I be excited. Too much pre nut done leaked out through my slacks.

So I crouch my way to the men’s bathroom and clean myself up. I get in there and I see this guy. He asked me was I on Bobby’s team. I said huh? He said you on bobby team right? Man Bobby ain’t right. He says Watch out for Bobby. That Nigga gone upstairs bruh. I said Haha Aight and he walked out. So lunch time comes. I head to the parking lot. I’m lookin for this sand bitch. I see an SUV, the lights flash. I’m like yea Ho, I jog over. She giggling n Shit. Im trying to open her shirt. See some titties n Shit.

Next thing u know her work badge gets tangled up on her. I look at the badge and its some Nigga with a fade on it. I said why u got another Nigga badge lol. She just giggling. I say hold on bitch And I back up. Who the Fuck is this on yo badge. She still giggling n Shit. I look closer…. “Bobby Tiadi”. My dick goes extra limp. This stupid motherfucker still giggling and Shit. *flashback to bathroom stranger That Nigga Bobby ain’t right bruh. I zip my pants up and try to bail. This ho done locked the do. In this man voice I hear “Where u goin Nigga!” My Survival skills kick in. We get the wrestling and Shit. The truck rocking, alarm going off. Bobby talmbout “Lunch ain’t over. Boy” Grabbing me n Shit. I’m yelling.

A few employees see and hear the truck.They come to my rescue. I’m screaming.This bitch keep grabbing me yelling “LUNCH AIN’T OVER NIGGA!!!” “You goin to jail Fuck boy. I’ll kill yo monkey ass. I’m a real Nigga”. I’m goin crazy. They holding me back bruh. Fuck Nigga tried me. Bout 20 bitches run over to this Bobby Nigga. Wig done came off and all. Stupid Nigga crying n Shit talmbout “I didn’t deserve this” This fat bitch talmbout “what’s wrong Bobby. What did he do to you”. He tried to rape Me. I said Nigga what ? Call da cops. Cops finally show up. Ambalamps and all. They take bitch ass Bobby away. I’m like Nigga I’m the victim!

They walk me to the office n Shit. The managers and da cops grilling me n Shit. “what did you do Ivory” I do Shit. The girl Turnt out to be da boy and tried a real Nigga. “Your first day and we’ve never seen anything like this. Bobby is a great employee,until we get to the bottom of this, we have to let u go” I could’ve eem talk. Just tears rollin down a real niggas face. Big knot in my stomach.

I can’t blee dis Shit. I’m tryin to better myself. I didn’t even get to eat lunch. Fired on my first day. I cry thug tears because I was headed in the right direction. New job, new shoes….I ain’t never got $12 an hour before in my life bruh. It’s all over. I just got off the phone with the temp service and she said they’ll find me somethin Monday. Ima just turn up and celebrate this weekend. Celebrate the temp service not firing me tho. God is good bruh. See yall later. I’m out.

47. Calo
    47 | February 13, 2013 1:48 am

@ Bunk X:
    Woops, that just makes me laugh.
    New job, new shoes, new stuff!

And, Monday is like Lent for the kid, a season of fasting, minus Bobby.

48. 48 | February 13, 2013 2:02 am

And people ask me why I don’t do that Twitter thing…

49 | February 13, 2013 2:03 am

The United States of America
    was designed by Geniuses,
    now being run by Idiots… :evil:

50. 50 | February 13, 2013 2:05 am

@ Mike C.:
    That @MyNameIsFace guy is hilarious. Now he’s got fat girls tweeting him photos.

51. Calo
    52 | February 13, 2013 2:14 am

@ Bunk X:
    NO! I’m not gonna click that link.
    You own Nancy Pelosi, may I remind you of that fact, beach boy?

52. 53 | February 13, 2013 3:18 am

@ Calo:

What’s a used Nancy Pelosi worth these days?

54 | February 13, 2013 4:11 am

Mike C. wrote:

@ Calo:

What’s a used Nancy Pelosi worth these days?

Nothing.
    But it’s going to cost a lot to get rid of.
    HAZMAT rates apply.

54. 55 | February 13, 2013 4:11 am

Fertility, Faith, and the Decline of Islam: Strategic Implications

Interesting…

55. 56 | February 13, 2013 4:13 am

@ Da_Beerfreak:

Kinda like an old building with asbestos insulation and lead paint…

56. 57 | February 13, 2013 6:20 am

Dead thread, dead news day…

58 | February 13, 2013 6:55 am

I saved 5 trillion dollars this year; all tax deductible

58. 59 | February 13, 2013 7:17 am

@ waldensianspirit:

What Obama meant was that he wanted to spend $2.5 trillion more than he did. See how easy it is to save? :roll: