A Sweet Valentine from The Perry Bible Fellowship

by Bunk X ( 38 Comments › )
Filed under Art, Humor, OOT, Open thread at February 14th, 2013 - 8:00 pm

Perry Bible Fellowship - Different

This Valentine’s Greeting was culled from the always awesome Perry Bible Fellowship. If you don’t like that one, try this. Or this.

We’re all about true love and true reality on The Overnight Open Thread.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

38 Responses to “A Sweet Valentine from The Perry Bible Fellowship”

1. 1 | February 14, 2013 10:54 pm

2. 2 | February 14, 2013 11:03 pm

So, this is the fabled open thread! I have an answer to a question Rodan asked yesterday -- yes, the hadith you heard is sahih, I did write a book (last July) and I got an Amazon review for it (a couple months back). It got 4/5, which is probably the rating I’d give to it myself. I am new to the whole “I’m A Writer!!” gig.

‘Tis “House of War”, and ’tis here: House of War: Mecca, the Qur’an, and the Propaganda of 675-695.

I don’t talk a lot about “Muhammad”, because I still know very little about “Muhammad”; I’m going after the Qur’an (suras 13, 14, 22, 41, and 25 mainly) and also the Stone and the Ka’ba. Briefly, I think that all that stuff belongs to the second big Islamic civil war, the “fitna of Ibn al-Zubayr (guest-starring The Mukhtar)” in the 680s AD.

Half of it is 120-ish pages of actual text + footnotes, the other half appendices -- the appendices are technical, but I did try to make the main text readable.

House of War follows the pattern of half introduction, half narrative; like Fred Donner’s Muhammad and the Believers and Hisham Djait’s Tarikhiya al-Da`wat al-Muhammadiyat fi Makkat; also I used Christian and Muslim sources. The recent books by Spencer and Holland proved pretty useful too.

I would like to have had Jewish sources too but unfortunately I couldn’t find any. If anyone has Gaonic responsa or sheiltot from before 750 AD, in English (or at least Latin) those would be appreciated!

3. 3 | February 14, 2013 11:03 pm

If you’ve never seen that guy’s stuff, it’s hilarious. Mad Magazine meets National Lampoon as edited by Steven Wright, and there’s always someone or something getting screwed by forces out of his/its control. This one is my favorite:

4. 4 | February 14, 2013 11:06 pm

@ Zimriel:

Thanks for that link. Someone emailed me and said you had a book. I’m gonna buy it!

Congrats!

5. 5 | February 14, 2013 11:07 pm

@ Bunk X:

Look hilarious.

6. eaglesoars
    6 | February 14, 2013 11:15 pm

@ Zimriel:

gawd I love one-click!

7. 7 | February 14, 2013 11:18 pm

And thank you Rodan!

8. 8 | February 14, 2013 11:35 pm

From the same guy behind The Perry Bible Fellowship:

9. Canoe Convoy
    9 | February 14, 2013 11:42 pm

J Geils band, “Love Stinks.” An oldie but still quite accurate.

10. 10 | February 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Because it’s Valentine’s day, here’s . . . some Valentines -

11 | February 15, 2013 12:06 am

Rahm Emanuel Said To Be Considering Run For President in 2016

It just gets better and better…

12. eaglesoars
    12 | February 15, 2013 12:16 am

Rahm Emanuel Said To Be Considering Run For President in 2016

It just gets better and better…

oh please please please………

13 | February 15, 2013 12:19 am

Rahm Emanuel Said To Be Considering Run For President in 2016

It just gets better and better…

VOTE RAHM IN 2016. He can do for America what he’s done for Chicago. // :roll: //

14. eaglesoars
    14 | February 15, 2013 12:22 am

eaglesoars wrote:

Rahm Emanuel Said To Be Considering Run For President in 2016

It just gets better and better…

oh please please please………

Tiny Dancer could be his campaign song………..

bring it

15. 15 | February 15, 2013 12:29 am

16. 17 | February 15, 2013 12:34 am

@ huckfunn:
    He missed the obvious with the Idi Amin card -- “you look delicious”

18 | February 15, 2013 12:38 am

@ Zimriel:
    Haw!

19 | February 15, 2013 12:40 am

Some Valentines Day blues.

20 | February 15, 2013 12:50 am

Yaawwwnnn… Gnite, me Ooties.

21 | February 15, 2013 1:21 am

Meterorite in Russia

22 | February 15, 2013 1:46 am

@ darkwords:
    Could be just the beginning of a real interesting day… :shock:

Asteroid 2012 DA14: 5 Surprising Facts About Friday’s Earth Flyby

23 | February 15, 2013 1:52 am

@ 22 Da_Beerfreak: Interesting that it was discovered recently. I bet it knocks that Iranian space monkey right out of the sky.

24 | February 15, 2013 2:04 am

darkwords wrote:

I wonder if that Russian video was showing us the demise of the Iranian space monkey?? What will PETA have to say about all this??

24. 25 | February 15, 2013 3:40 am

At loose ends here. Got all my gun-related stuff crossed off the list earlier this week. Guess I’ll have to go back to that depressing search for work now. Bummer.

26 | February 15, 2013 3:44 am

Mike C. wrote:

Someone once said, “If it was fun, it wouldn’t be work.” :grin:

28 | February 15, 2013 4:22 am

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    Russian space observatory official says that the meteor was not associated with asteroid 2012 DA14. He also said no one spotted it coming because it was approaching from the direction of the sun.
    [no link]

27. 29 | February 15, 2013 4:30 am

Oh, the work itself can be fun -it’s dealing with finding it, and then the travel and the inevitable morons you will probably have to work with that’s a drag. Well, nothing to be done about that. The mortgage holder on this house and a whole raft of other people insist on getting regular payments from me, and so far nobody has offered me a decent income to sit on my ass here at the house. Bummer redux.

28. Guggi
    30 | February 15, 2013 4:31 am

UN nuclear talks with Iran end without progress or agreement

Inspectors from the United Nations’ nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), returned from talks in Iran yesterday without having reached any agreement on inspection of Iranian nuclear sites and with no date set for a new round of talks.

29. 31 | February 15, 2013 4:50 am

@ Guggi:

I’m shocked, I tell ya -- shocked!

30. Guggi
    32 | February 15, 2013 5:04 am

Transcript of the Rubio speech

31. Guggi
    33 | February 15, 2013 5:05 am

Mike C. wrote:

@ Guggi:
    I’m shocked, I tell ya — shocked!

Me too :-( -- seems the Iranians don’t understand that O. is the healer of the world.

32. 34 | February 15, 2013 5:27 am

They do understand that the IAEA as a “watchdog” is about as effective as a toothless, blind and lame toy poodle, though.

33. Guggi
    35 | February 15, 2013 7:08 am

The comment section over at the WaPo about Hagel is a hate feast of anti-Semitism and the call for unrestricted/unchecked power for Oabama.

Nice.

34. 36 | February 15, 2013 7:24 am

Boy, the shocks just keep coming one after the other, don’t they?

35. 37 | February 15, 2013 7:39 am

@ Guggi:

But we are paranoid when we worry abou tan American dictatorship, right? :roll:

36. Tanker
    38 | February 15, 2013 7:40 am

Guggi wrote:

Nice.

Just can’t bring myself to read comments at WaPo anymore. Becomes a start for a really bad day for all around me. I do like to see what is said by those I don’t agree, but as age takes me over it just becomes a heath issue!