Rubio now selling a water bottle!

by Rodan ( 120 Comments › )
Filed under Conservatism, Republican Party, Tea Parties, The Political Right at February 14th, 2013 - 6:03 pm

Rubiowater

Many on the Left thought they were going to destroy Marco Rubio over his drinking water during his response to Obama’s SOTU speech. Instead Rubio has turned the tables and is milking this incident for all is works. The Senator is now selling a water bottle in return for donations o his political action committee.

Just when you thought the Marco Rubio water bottle craze was over, the Freshman Senator is taking advantageous of the headlines by offering fans his very own branded water bottle – in exchange for a $25 donation to his political action committee.

“Quench your thirst for conservative leadership?” a note from Rubio’s Twitter account read. “Order a bottle now.”

Rubio’s Reclaim America Leadership PAC asks donors to, “send the liberal detractors a message that not only does Marco Rubio inspire you…he hydrates you too.”

Rubio is doing a reverse Alinsky. By mocking himself, he takes the sing out of the Progressive attack.

Tags: ,

Comments

120 Responses to “Rubio now selling a water bottle!”

1 | February 14, 2013 6:08 pm

Excellent!

2 | February 14, 2013 6:10 pm

a nice, solid backhand…
    well done Marco

3 | February 14, 2013 6:12 pm

if the voters want cool celebrities, them give them celebrities…just manufacture them…Americans love the newest model

4. brookly red
    4 | February 14, 2013 6:14 pm

It shows how fuckin scared they are… I smell their fear, And you know what? I don’t care if they Romney him… he ain’t perfect but I would vote for Barney Fief over Obama

5 | February 14, 2013 6:23 pm

the GOP needs it’s own prime time tv show…house band, skit players, a revolving MC of hip young people…make politics fun as well as informative…then shred BO, Reid and the rest….with a smile of course

6. Guggi
    6 | February 14, 2013 6:24 pm

With all this water bottle frenzy the lefties avoid to discuss how Rubio shredded O.’s State of the Nation Speech into pieces. It’s a smoke grenade.

7. 7 | February 14, 2013 6:25 pm

@ Guggi:

Typical Alinsky tactics.

8 | February 14, 2013 6:26 pm

@ Guggi:
    Typical Alinsky tactics.

fine…Alinsky their ass X 2

9 | February 14, 2013 6:42 pm

the GOP should consider some sort of federal, non profit program to offer work to the masses of welfare recips…work for pay, see how that appeals

10 | February 14, 2013 6:45 pm

@ heysoos:

Give me a double Lewinski over a double Alinski any day!

11 | February 14, 2013 6:45 pm

“what is needed is an independent agenda organized around a central theme that is readily comprehensible to the American people and designed to deal with the critical problems facing the nation. That agenda can only be economic growth.”

12 | February 14, 2013 6:46 pm

Rubio & his people are smart. They are handling this right.

13 | February 14, 2013 6:46 pm

@ heysoos:

Our infrastructure is SERIOUSLY deteriorating.

14. brookly red
    14 | February 14, 2013 6:48 pm

Rubio & his people are smart. They are handling this right.

look the fuckers in the eye, point and laugh at them.

15 | February 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Obama is now saying that he has the most transparent administration
    in history & that all of the questions about Benghazi have been answered.
    Well alright then, I feel better.

16 | February 14, 2013 6:50 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ heysoos:
    Our infrastructure is SERIOUSLY deteriorating.

right…toss that back in BO’s Stimulus face…demand to know where the money went…force the admin to explain why they violated their own transparency law…Biden neglected to send out his biannual report, just blew it off…smack them with that…dig into the accountability black hole and hammer the donks for their deception….targets are unlimited

17. brookly red
    17 | February 14, 2013 6:50 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ heysoos:

Our infrastructure is SERIOUSLY deteriorating.

well yes… see we got this thing called unions… they don’t work worth the sweat off a dogs balls.

18 | February 14, 2013 6:50 pm

brookly red wrote:

Rubio & his people are smart. They are handling this right.

look the fuckers in the eye, point and laugh at them.

Best way to go.

19. 19 | February 14, 2013 6:51 pm

@ heysoos:

The money went to the Caymans!

20 | February 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Obama is now saying that he has the most transparent administration
    in history & that all of the questions about Benghazi have been answered.
    Well alright then, I feel better.

ask him about the Stimulus reports…make him explain his Jobs Council that only met once before it was deleted…force the issue

21 | February 14, 2013 6:53 pm

quit fucking around with these people…corner them and beat the snot out of them…if you don’t have the stomach for a fight, get lost

22 | February 14, 2013 6:54 pm

@ heysoos:
    I want to know about Fast & Furious & why were Obama & Hillary
    AWOL on the night of Benghazi?

23. brookly red
    23 | February 14, 2013 6:54 pm

Obama is now saying that he has the most transparent administration
    in history & that all of the questions about Benghazi have been answered.
    Well alright then, I feel better.

well in a way he does… we can see right though him and everything we suspected about Benghazi is true… but yet we bitch, moan and complain… and do nothing. he is laughing at us, satan makes it easy for him. IMPEACH or STFU

24. brookly red
    24 | February 14, 2013 6:55 pm

heysoos wrote:

IMPEACH or STFU I hear you.

25. brookly red
    25 | February 14, 2013 6:56 pm

@ heysoos:
    I want to know about Fast & Furious & why were Obama & Hillary
    AWOL on the night of Benghazi?

don’t ask me I am not your fuckin congressman

26 | February 14, 2013 6:56 pm

@ heysoos:
    I want to know about Fast & Furious & why were Obama & Hillary
    AWOL on the night of Benghazi?

hell yeah, bomb it with that…grab a mug or a bottle, hitch it up and dive in…I don’t care so much about victory as I do about effort…get off your ass and try, throw a punch, whack somebody…this is American politics where a loser is worse than hell itself…dig in

27. 27 | February 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Rubio screwed them. He didn’t go on TV the next day stuttering about what a big mistake he made -- he knew as well as anyone that it was an awkward moment. The brilliance was in laughing at himself. Laugh at yourself and when people pile on you they look petty.

Madcow, CNN all looked petty. Meanwhile, Rubio has the perfect fundraising gimmick that money couldn’t buy and is seen as a good guy who’s not afraid to laugh at himself.

28 | February 14, 2013 6:58 pm

@ brookly red:

He gets away with it because he owns the Media.

29 | February 14, 2013 6:59 pm

if this is politics with malice, I’m fine with it…the donks are stupid, soft and wrong…the right cannot talk their way out of demise…gouge somebody’s eye out, before they gouge yours…heh…total war

30 | February 14, 2013 7:01 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Rubio screwed them. He didn’t go on TV the next day stuttering about what a big mistake he made — he knew as well as anyone that it was an awkward moment. The brilliance was in laughing at himself. Laugh at yourself and when people pile on you they look petty.

yup, that says alot…jest when you can and knife them when you have to

31. 31 | February 14, 2013 7:01 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

He should have said excuse me then continue his speech. But he has played this brilliantly!

32. brookly red
    32 | February 14, 2013 7:01 pm

@ brookly red:

He gets away with it because he owns the Media.

I don’t watch the media, don’t blame me and don’t make excuses. We all know why he gets away with it. Now you are a witness, what will you do?

33 | February 14, 2013 7:04 pm

brookly red wrote:

@ brookly red:
    He gets away with it because he owns the Media.

you don’t watch tv…how heroic

34. eaglesoars
    34 | February 14, 2013 7:04 pm

What does it say about the Left when Van Jones was the only one to get it right and have to balls to say so?

I see Anita Dunn is beclowning herself by declaring the demise of Fox news. Keep it up you totalitarian whore.

35. brookly red
    35 | February 14, 2013 7:05 pm

heysoos wrote:

brookly red wrote:

@ brookly red:
    He gets away with it because he owns the Media.

you don’t watch tv…how heroic

I don’t play that game, period.

36 | February 14, 2013 7:07 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I hear Rupert Murdoch is moving into Section 8 housing, it’s gotten so bad.

37 | February 14, 2013 7:07 pm

brookly red wrote:

heysoos wrote:
    brookly red wrote:
    @ brookly red:
    He gets away with it because he owns the Media.
    you don’t watch tv…how heroic

I don’t play that game, period.

identify the game…television is a tool

38. 38 | February 14, 2013 7:07 pm

Yes. Personally, I think we should start hinting at a Rubio/Carson ticket. I get that Dr. Ben has no real-world practical political experience, but when you consider that the current VP has DECADES of being in national politics, what have we got to lose?

I wonder if with Rubio it wasn’t just that the poor guy was bone tired. I imagine he’s used to just getting up and giving his speech from the heart and sitting down and they probably ran the poor guy through his paces all day. Not to mention that he gave a 15 minute address in Spanish right before that. I just think he had a “Duh” moment.

Which shouldn’t be bothering the MSM, since the current Vice President has had “Duh” years.

39 | February 14, 2013 7:08 pm

OT -- I see the spring-legged South African’s in a bit of hot water.

Should’ve never been allowed to compete.

40 | February 14, 2013 7:09 pm

@ eaglesoars:

MSNBC Host Alex Wagner Smears NRA Chief As “Racist,” Afraid Of “Dark People”…

Like Fox News, they keep claiming that the NRA is finished, too.

They wish…

41. 41 | February 14, 2013 7:10 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Van Jones is many things, stupid is not one of them.

42. 42 | February 14, 2013 7:11 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

The Media is going after Rubio for drinking water. But they are silent about Menendez sleeping with teenage Dominican girls.

43 | February 14, 2013 7:14 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

He favors subsidizing Planned Parenthood, so it’s all good.

44. 44 | February 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Not as big a Rubio fan as some, but that is a good one…

45. eaglesoars
    45 | February 14, 2013 7:18 pm

It will be interesting to watch how the GOP establishment handles the upstart Rubio -- who is not beholden to them.

Nor is Rand Paul.

A Rubio/Paul ticket might be interesting

46 | February 14, 2013 7:18 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Not as big a Rubio fan as some, but that is a good one…

agreed, a very savvy move

47 | February 14, 2013 7:21 pm

heysoos wrote:

Mike C. wrote:
    Not as big a Rubio fan as some, but that is a good one…

agreed, a very savvy move

if image is your problem, work to change it…tv is the current battleground

48 | February 14, 2013 7:26 pm

c’mon honey…just one more run…
    I used to live for this stuff

49 | February 14, 2013 7:28 pm

they will…
    tax your poles
    tax your bindings
    tax the snow
    tax your tax

50 | February 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

OT — I see the spring-legged South African’s in a bit of hot water.
    Should’ve never been allowed to compete.

Some snarky comments over at Mike Smith’s Political Commentary:

Tia Mysoa9:52 AM

I’m really sorry to say this, but all things considered… I don’t think this man has a leg to stand on ;-)

All humor aside the damned ANC are proposing some sort of new “dangerous weapons bill” that will further disarm South Africans and this Pistorius story will likely be used as fodder to get it passed.

51. 51 | February 14, 2013 7:42 pm

A Rubio/Paul ticket might be interesting

I would love that ticket.

52. 52 | February 14, 2013 7:44 pm

@ The Osprey:

Let us know when they come out with the list of weapons that are considered safe.

53. 53 | February 14, 2013 7:44 pm

They’ve never met an organization they couldn’t browbeat -- until now.
    Send in Uncle Ted -- I love it when he schools these assholes.

54 | February 14, 2013 7:47 pm

Pelosi: Congressional Pay Cut Undermines “Dignity Of The Job”…

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that she opposes a cut in congressional pay because it would diminish the dignity of lawmakers’ jobs.

“I don’t think we should do it; I think we should respect the work we do,” Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. “I think it’s necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded.”

The comments were made in the context of the looming sequester, which would force across-the-board cuts affecting most federal offices, including Congress. With lawmakers nowhere near a deal to avert those cuts, federal agencies are bracing for ways to absorb them with minimum damage to programs and personnel.

55 | February 14, 2013 7:48 pm

Never mind that the military is actually taking a pay cut this year, when you take the increased Tricare fees into account.

56 | February 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ The Osprey:

Why, the ones that are only in the hands of ANC cadre, of course.

57. eaglesoars
    57 | February 14, 2013 7:50 pm

A Rubio/Paul ticket might be interesting

I would love that ticket.

If it were to happen today so would I. But 2 wks in politics is a lifetime. Let’s keep an open mind. Jindal?

58 | February 14, 2013 7:52 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

A Rubio/Paul ticket might be interesting
    I would love that ticket.

no, not a chance I’d support that guy

59 | February 14, 2013 7:53 pm

but we send arms to the Gyps and fund the Palis?…I refuse to participate in this folly…if I paid income tax I might even be pissed

60. 60 | February 14, 2013 7:55 pm

I take a couple of days off from the political grind and I come back and what’s this? Rubio took a sip of water and it’s the end of him and the GOP? What? What the ..?? What am I missing here?

61. brookly red
    61 | February 14, 2013 7:55 pm

but yet government leeches get raises… I long, no I pray, we wake up to a ring of tanks around the WH.

62 | February 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

some pretty weak gossip

63 | February 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

It’s a way for the MSM to avoid discussing the fact that Rubio shredded Obama’s speech.

64. eaglesoars
    64 | February 14, 2013 7:58 pm

heysoos wrote:

no, not a chance I’d support that guy

why not?

Urban Infidel wrote:

What am I missing here?

Nothing. The paucity of leftist thought made manifest for all to mock.

65. 65 | February 14, 2013 7:59 pm

heysoos wrote:

c’mon honey…just one more run…
    I used to live for this stuff

OW! That was painful to watch.

66. 66 | February 14, 2013 8:01 pm

@ heysoos:
    @ eaglesoars:
    Okay, so the water… what? Did it dribble down his chin in a provocative way? Did he use his sleeve to wipe his mouth? Did he use it as holy water to bless himself? I’m lost on this. If you’re saying he was thirsty and wet his whistle and now there’s an uproar that eclipses reality, then I just don’t know what to say anymore.

67. Tanker
    67 | February 14, 2013 8:02 pm

brookly red wrote:

I know where we can get some….no fuel or ammo available though!

68 | February 14, 2013 8:04 pm

Tanker wrote:

brookly red wrote:

I know where we can get some….no fuel or ammo available though!

if they have a pistol grip, it will scare them shitless anyway

69. 69 | February 14, 2013 8:04 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

Hey how long before the Hipsters by you start wearing Dorner shirts and make murals to him?

70. 70 | February 14, 2013 8:07 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

I think it’s already started.

71. eaglesoars
    71 | February 14, 2013 8:08 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

Okay, so the water… what?

He didn’t have a podium it could be placed on. It was on a low table to his left so he had to do a quick low lunge. That completely disqualifies him proving he is not ready for prime time, allowing such an awkward moment.

Don’t think they believe this. If they did, they wouldn’t bother. They’re counting on low information voters believing their characterization of him as Rubio the Rube’.

72 | February 14, 2013 8:12 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Because Obama has never done anything awkward…

73. 73 | February 14, 2013 8:13 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Wow. Things are really getting bad.

74. eaglesoars
    74 | February 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Because Obama has never done anything awkward…

Right. Bowls like a pro.

75 | February 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Great baseball pitcher, too

76 | February 14, 2013 8:15 pm

And skeet shooter

77. eaglesoars
    77 | February 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    Wow. Things are really getting bad.

DON’T tell me you just noticed

78. eaglesoars
    78 | February 14, 2013 8:17 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Because Obama has never done anything awkward…

Right. Bowls like a pro.

Great baseball pitcher, too

And skeet shooter

And bicycle rider!

79 | February 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    Wow. Things are really getting bad.

I’m down to my last shred of optimism…very possible that BO will trip over himself…his party is going in too many directions, can’t focus on anything, and are getting tired of his demands, while he shoots golf…interesting vibe

80. 80 | February 14, 2013 8:29 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Urban Infidel wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    Wow. Things are really getting bad.

DON’T tell me you just noticed

It’s just getting worse and worse.

81. eaglesoars
    81 | February 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

It’s just getting worse and worse.

Oh I dunno. Stephanie Cutter setting it up so that Romney could be accused of killing a man’s wife and then maintaining she had never met the man, getting caught, continuing to lie about it -- and the NYT never said squat.

82 | February 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

eaglesoars wrote:
    Urban Infidel wrote:
    @ eaglesoars:
    Wow. Things are really getting bad.
    DON’T tell me you just noticed

It’s just getting worse and worse.

there is a sort of Zen to it…there is a lot of negative energy, mayhem in the world…some challenge

83. 83 | February 14, 2013 8:37 pm

I saw some idiot claim that the reason Rubio was thirsty was that his ‘dry mouth’ was brought on by lying.

84 | February 14, 2013 8:38 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

It’s just getting worse and worse.

And people wonder why I own guns…

85 | February 14, 2013 8:39 pm

mfhorn wrote:

he’s an alien insect in a human body…water is his energy source…
    think about it

86 | February 14, 2013 8:39 pm

mfhorn wrote:

If that were the case, Obama would have needed an IV…

88 | February 14, 2013 8:41 pm

@ 22 RIX: WE have seen many pictures of OBama and Hilary huddling around a video screen in a ready room when watching an international event. When things go bad they go to bed early or out to party.

89. 89 | February 14, 2013 8:41 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

I am waiting for your post showing a Hipster mural dedicated to Dorner.

90 | February 14, 2013 8:41 pm

good one

91. 91 | February 14, 2013 8:42 pm

92 | February 14, 2013 8:43 pm

For example:
    Obama Claims His Administration “Most Transparent In History”…

the GOP PR machine is on it

93. 93 | February 14, 2013 8:43 pm

@ eaglesoars:

When she was asked about calling Romney Felon, she refused to back down.

94 | February 14, 2013 8:44 pm

@ heysoos:

He’s going to be telling us his wife is Morgan Fairchild, next…

95 | February 14, 2013 8:44 pm

@ 81 eaglesoars: The MO of a thief. The police have the video of you reaching into the cookie jar and pulling out a cookie and eating it without paying starbucks. And the thief lies to the camera that he was never there.

96. eaglesoars
    96 | February 14, 2013 8:45 pm

If that were the case, Obama would have needed an IV…

heh.

I did see a clip today -- don’t know when it was filmed -- Obama saying something about how all the questions had been asked (Benghazi?) -- his eyes were open really wide. And I don’t think he blinked. Never saw that before. Weird.

98 | February 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Ca Dem loses 1 billion gambling. Lackluster media trained to cognitive dissonance by Obama fails to life an eyebrow.

99 | February 14, 2013 8:50 pm

darkwords wrote:

If they were Republicans the Media would be going nuts.

100 | February 14, 2013 8:50 pm

Cocaine?

101 | February 14, 2013 8:50 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

If that were the case, Obama would have needed an IV…
    heh.
    I did see a clip today — don’t know when it was filmed — Obama saying something about how all the questions had been asked (Benghazi?) — his eyes were open really wide. And I don’t think he blinked. Never saw that before. Weird.

he’s a bot..the Obot himself…he’s been programmed and hung out there as a sacrifice…it’s a very ugly scene in our history, lots of bad things can result of his saviorhood

101. citizen_q
    102 | February 14, 2013 8:51 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    think i saw that same clip. komrade zero claimed benghazi was all election related as well.

time wise that would place it well after the election. imho

102. 103 | February 14, 2013 8:51 pm

He did look coked up.

103. eaglesoars
    104 | February 14, 2013 8:54 pm

Cocaine?

He did look coked up.

I don’t know what coked up looks like (tried it once -- hated it) -- in my experience something that causes a bit of agitation but not as much as meth (which I knew all too well)

105 | February 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Another conservative who terrifies the left:

Tingles: Ted Cruz Is the New “Joe McCarthy”…

106 | February 14, 2013 8:59 pm

Matthews needs a nice quiet place with a duck pond for his afternoons.
    He is Charlie Johnson nuts

106. 107 | February 14, 2013 9:04 pm

We’ve said before that Obama could massacre a litter of kittens live on national TV and the media would praise him for the style he displayed.

107. 108 | February 14, 2013 9:14 pm

mfhorn wrote:

Shit, he could kill his daughters live on national TV and the media would do the same thing!

109 | February 14, 2013 9:14 pm

@ 105 lobo91: I’m ok if we bring back communist hunters.

110 | February 14, 2013 9:25 pm

two words….
    Savoy Brown
    try it

111 | February 14, 2013 9:46 pm

heysoos wrote:

Bumr50 wrote:

@ heysoos:
    Our infrastructure is SERIOUSLY deteriorating.

The GOPee doesn’t have the guts or the brains to do that. They’re too worried that they might piss someone off…

112 | February 14, 2013 9:49 pm

Obama On Books To Read: “Other Than My Own, I Asssume?”

At today’s Google+ “fireside hangout” with President Obama, the president was asked to recommend a book that would help opponents understand his politics. Obama immediately responded, “Other than my own, I assume? I don’t want to be pitching my own book!”

Some media outlets were happy to bury that little exchange. The Washington Post simply skipped over the mention of Obama’s book completely, even though it reported about Obama’s other book choices. ABC News didn’t see fit to write up the exchange. CNN.com didn’t cover it either.

I wonder what books he finally suggested? The Communist Manifesto, maybe? Prairie Fire? Rules For Radicals?

113 | February 14, 2013 9:55 pm

@ eaglesoars:

MSNBC Host Alex Wagner Smears NRA Chief As “Racist,” Afraid Of “Dark People”…

Like Fox News, they keep claiming that the NRA is finished, too.

They wish…

But we all know that Al-Qaeda is really finished… :roll:

114 | February 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Mao’s Little Red Book. But we’re supposed to skip the entry that says, “Every Communist must grasp the truth; political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.”

114. 115 | February 14, 2013 9:58 pm

New Thread.

116 | February 14, 2013 10:02 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ The Osprey:

South Africa is in a race with England to see which Country will be the first to completely outlaw self-defense.

Wouldn’t surprise me if either one makes self-defense a capital crime.

117 | February 14, 2013 10:09 pm

brookly red wrote:

Military Coup D’etats have long been a favorite pass time in South America. Maybe it’s time to check it out ourselves… :twisted:

118 | February 14, 2013 10:11 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

You want to be a Banana Republican?

119 | February 14, 2013 10:27 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

You want to be a Banana Republican?

We’re damn near one now. Why settle for half ass??

120 | February 14, 2013 10:41 pm

Senator Long calls for a constitutional convention

Senate President Pro Tem David Long said Indiana needs to take the lead in assembling a constitutional convention of the states in an effort to rein in the federal government’s power. Long’s effort aims to produce an amendment to the Untied States Constitution.

When DC Town pisses off enough States it will happen.