Al Jazeera, Propaganda Arm of Qatar

by coldwarrior ( 228 Comments › )
Filed under Islam, Islamic Finance, Media, Open thread at February 17th, 2013 - 1:00 pm

An interesting article on how al Jazeera is now the propaganda are of the Foreign Ministry of Qatar.

After the Arab Spring: Al-Jazeera Losing Battle for Independence

For over a decade, the Arab television broadcaster Al-Jazeera was widely respected for providing an independent voice from the Middle East. Recently, however, several top journalists have left, saying the station has developed a clear political agenda.

Aktham Suliman’s wristwatch was always ahead. Although he lived in Berlin, it always showed him the time in Doha, the capital of the emirate of Qatar — which is also the home of Al-Jazeera, the television news network that had been employing Suliman, born in Damascus, as a correspondent for Germany since 2002.

“Doha time was Jazeera time,” he says. “It was an honor to work for this broadcaster.”

One and a half years ago, Suliman, 42, re-set his watch to German time, having become disenchanted with Al-Jazeera. And it wasn’t just because the broadcaster seemed less interested in reports from Europe. Rather, Suliman had the feeling that he was no longer being allowed to work as an independent journalist.

Last August, he quit his job. “Before the beginning of the Arab Spring, we were a voice for change,” he says, “a platform for critics and political activists throughout the region. Now, Al-Jazeera has become a propaganda broadcaster.”

Suliman is not the only one who feels bitterly disappointed. The Arab TV network has recently suffered an exodus of prominent staff members. Reporters and anchors in cities like Paris, London, Moscow, Beirut and Cairo have left Al-Jazeera, despite what are seen as luxurious working conditions in centrally located offices. And despite the fact that the network is investing an estimated $500 million (€375 million) in the US, so as to reach even more viewers on the world’s largest television market — one in which its biggest competitor, CNN, is at home.

Al-Jazeera has over 3,000 staff members and 65 correspondent offices worldwide — and viewers in some 50 million households throughout the Arab world. But it also has a problem: More than ever before, critics contend that the broadcaster is following a clear political agenda, and not adhering to the principles of journalistic independence.

Such accusations have been leveled against Western broadcasters as well, of course. But the charge would place Al-Jazeera on a par with Fox News — which pursues the agenda of conservative media mogul Rupert Murdoch in the US — rather than CNN.

Objectivity in a World of Censorship

Indeed, the Arab programming of Al-Jazeera — which means “the island” in Arabic — was launched in 1996 with a noble goal: It aimed to serve as an objective medium in a world of rigorous censorship.

The network broadcast messages from Osama bin Laden, prompting outraged criticism from the US, where it was referred to as a “terror network.” At the same time, it was the only Arab medium that regularly invited Israeli politicians to debates. Its correspondents didn’t hesitate to call former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein a “dictator” — and Egyptian ruler Hosni Mubarak a “wimp.” What’s more, the network’s journalists reported on dissidents, including members of the Islamist Muslim Brotherhood, who were forced to rot in prison for years under Mubarak’s regime. Such courage and informative journalism earned Al-Jazeera a number of awards.

Since the Arab Spring, though, many former dissidents have risen to power across the region — and these fledgling leaders often show little respect for democratic principles. Al-Jazeera, however, has shamelessly fawned upon the new rulers.

Today, when Egyptians protest against President Mohammad Morsi and the rule of the Muslim Brotherhood, Al-Jazeera is often critical of them, in the style of the old pro-government TV station. Conversely, according to ex-correspondent Suliman, Al-Jazeera executives have ordered that Morsi’s decrees should be portrayed as pearls of wisdom. “Such a dictatorial approach would have been unthinkable before,” he says. “In Egypt we have become the palace broadcaster for Morsi.”

This is rather surprising considering that Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, the emir of Qatar and financier of the network, used to ban such blatant influence peddling. The walls of the TV station’s modern headquarters in Doha are decorated with quotations from free-thinkers like Bob Dylan and Mahatma Gandhi.

But the emir, who also has an autocratic style of leadership and occasionally puts unwanted journalists behind bars, is having an increasingly difficult time with independent spirits working on his favorite project.

‘I Had to Quit’

A prominent correspondent who, until one year ago, used to report in Beirut for the network, says: “Al-Jazeera takes a clear position in every country from which it reports — not based on journalistic priorities, but rather on the interests of the Foreign Ministry of Qatar,” he says. “In order to maintain my integrity as a reporter, I had to quit.”

Critics say that the emir now essentially trusts only his own people: The network’s director general is now a relative of the emir, as is the head of the advisory board. They are seemingly required to follow political guidelines laid down by the palace — instead of serving the interests of viewers. Thanks to its oil wealth, Qatar is blessed with the world’s second highest per capita income, and it’s a key geo-political player with a clear agenda.

When, for instance, mass protests were staged against the neighboring regime in Bahrain, a close ally of the emir, Al-Jazeera almost entirely ignored the situation. In Syria, on the other hand, where Qatar supports the Islamist-leaning opponents of President Bashar Assad with money and weapons, the network’s journalists are extremely close to the rebels. Such proximity can be dangerous in every respect, even lethal — as suggested by a widely circulated online video.

The images show an intersection near Daraa, in southern Syria. A member of the opposition Free Syrian Army, wearing a bulletproof vest, runs across a street on the outskirts of Bursa al-Harir, which has been besieged by troops loyal to the Assad regime for the past nine months. A second man, wearing a sweatshirt but no special protection, follows his lead. From a Syrian army checkpoint located a few hundred meters away, soldiers open fire and a number of shots bring down the man in the sweatshirt.

His name was Mohammed al-Musalma and he was 33 years old. He had been working for Al-Jazeera under the codename Mohammed al-Horani since April 2012. He was regularly paid by the network and was reputed to be one of the most experienced citizen journalists in Daraa and the surrounding area. Musalma was one of numerous local activists who film as much as possible in the hopes that Al-Jazeera will decide to broadcast some of their footage.

Read the rest here

Pioneering Arab broadcaster Al Jazeera has acquired Current TV, and will use the network’s wider distribution avenues to launch a new U.S.-based channel.

The takeover will provide Al Jazeera with access to millions of U.S. households, a lucrative market the Qatar-based broadcaster has long coveted. The deal also means the end of Current, the low-rated channel co-founded by former Vice President Al Gore.

Al Jazeera said it will shutter Current and create a New York-based network. Al Jazeera, which is financed by the government of Qatar, said it plans to expand its presence in the U.S., opening new bureaus and doubling its staff to 300 employees.

“We are proud and pleased that Al Jazeera, the award-winning international news organization, has bought Current TV,” Gore and Joel Hyatt, the station’s co-founder and CEO, said in a statement released Wednesday.

Comments

228 Responses to “Al Jazeera, Propaganda Arm of Qatar”

1. 1 | February 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Well, that kinda hoses the entire piece right there, so that’s where I stopped reading.

2. Lily
    2 | February 17, 2013 1:51 pm

@ Mike C.:

Huh! CNN… the world is nutty for sure. With CNN I figure they are about 50/50..and yes I know I am being very kindly here.

3. Lily
    3 | February 17, 2013 1:54 pm

For those in the know…I have begun my *make-over*. Dear heavens most certainly needed it. Now I have only *begun*…still lots more to do. My husband gently weeps at the expense. ;)

4. Lily
    4 | February 17, 2013 1:56 pm

@ Lily:

I can’t post that without this…..

5 | February 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Psssst! John is not dead. He runs a Subway Deli
    with Elvis in Kalamazoo.

6 | February 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Psssst! John is not dead. He runs a Subway Deli
    with Elvis in Kalamazoo.

Kazoo is my home town..the rumor started out that he worked at a car wash…anyway he played Wing Stadium there in ’77 and my zealot older sister attended and caught his scarf at the end of the show…she was immediately set upon and had to fight to keep it…if you knew my sister that is a very bad idea…it was torn but intact…for her it is a treasure beyond any measure to her…that’s my only Elvis story….my sis saw him 5 or 6 times

7. Lily
    7 | February 17, 2013 3:40 pm

8. Lily
    8 | February 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Today is surely dead…I’m mean the thread that is. :oops:

9. Lily
    9 | February 17, 2013 3:51 pm

Let me try and bring it back to life…but I think I’ll only weaving dreams…. ;)

10. Lily
    10 | February 17, 2013 3:53 pm

@ Lily:

PIMF…..will be weaving ….darn it.

11. yenta-fada
    11 | February 17, 2013 3:55 pm

Lily wrote:

Today is surely dead…I’m mean the thread that is.

Stop trying to take all the credit. :-)
    wrt Al Jazeera, the former head of programming, Tony Burman, at the Canadian Broadcasting system, went right on to join the old Al-Jazeera. Same with others in the CBC. The lines have already been blurred and the first victim was always the truth.

12. Lily
    12 | February 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Okay another oldie…

13 | February 17, 2013 3:57 pm

The rumor has been out there forever that Elvis
    is living in Kzoo.

14. Lily
    14 | February 17, 2013 3:58 pm

@ yenta-fada:

{{Yenta}} I did not take credit… just said it was dead. ;)
    /I can’t kill all of them can I? Wait don’t answer that!!!

Hope you are doing well this fine day!

15. Lily
    15 | February 17, 2013 4:00 pm

The rumor has been out there forever that Elvis
    is living in Kzoo.

Oh my!!!
    /really I am so out of touch …. it’s sad that I don’t know these things. :oops:

16. Lily
    16 | February 17, 2013 4:02 pm

@ yenta-fada:

But I did take credit for the screw up in my post. Tragic I can’t complete a sentence without leaving a word out. Pathetic really.

17. Lily
    17 | February 17, 2013 4:04 pm

18 | February 17, 2013 4:05 pm

this thread is deader than ElvisRIX wrote:

The rumor has been out there forever that Elvis
    is living in Kzoo.

yeah, I don’t know how that started…but he did play Wings Stadium in the fall of ’76 as well as the above show…he was desperate to visit the Gibson Guitar Co even tho he himself could barely play…my sister worked there in the sales dept from ’65 til around ’77…but Elvis was so enamored with Gibson and the fans in Kazoo that he turned around and booked another gig at the same place just a few months later…he loved the town,as for the car wash rumor, it’s all sort of fuzzy now…but of all the places he played (he never performed outside the US) he had a thing for Kalamazoo, of all places

19. yenta-fada
    19 | February 17, 2013 4:11 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    {{Yenta}} I did not take credit… just said it was dead.
    /I can’t kill all of them can I? Wait don’t answer that!!!
    Hope you are doing well this fine day!

I’m functioning. lol. Glad to see that you are continuing to mend.
    {{Lily}} This blog is special because it sees beyond the news and tracks real crucial events unlike the mainstream media. We are lucky to have people who know history from different perspectives. Another great thing is that people relate to each other in such a positive way for the most part. You are living proof of the benefits of combined knowledge and and caring. You give back every day. *cornball alert*

20. Lily
    20 | February 17, 2013 4:11 pm

@ heysoos:

Wow I have to agree…so I’ll throw up some tunes. 8-)

21. yenta-fada
    21 | February 17, 2013 4:12 pm

@ yenta-fada:

We done kilt da grammar police.

22. yenta-fada
    22 | February 17, 2013 4:15 pm

via blazingcatfur. Brits betray military history for Arab money. On topic post!

23. yenta-fada
    23 | February 17, 2013 4:18 pm

also via blazingcatfur. Muslim mob torches Church in Egypt.

24. Lily
    24 | February 17, 2013 4:22 pm

@ yenta-fada:

I don’t know what to say….that is so kind of you …. thank-you so much {{Yenta}} for the kind words.
    Thank you! :)

25 | February 17, 2013 4:22 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

also via blazingcatfur. Muslim mob torches Church in Egypt.

leave or die…it’s just that simple

26 | February 17, 2013 4:22 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

also via blazingcatfur. Muslim mob torches Church in Egypt.

yet more violence against the copts as the sound of crickets emanates from america’s so called ‘christians’.

27. Lily
    27 | February 17, 2013 4:23 pm

A song that will relate to those I mean it for. ;)

28. yenta-fada
    28 | February 17, 2013 4:23 pm

Also on topic. Western Journalism awards Palestinian terrorists.

I could do this for days because there is so much out there in the foreign press and on blogs. However, it’s too depressing, so I won’t.
    For the same reason, I stopped reading Jihad Watch.

29. Lily
    29 | February 17, 2013 4:24 pm

30. yenta-fada
    30 | February 17, 2013 4:26 pm

yenta-fada wrote:
    also via blazingcatfur. Muslim mob torches Church in Egypt.

‘Christians’ have the same cache as white males. People who are actually keeping society functioning are apparently the enemy. /

31. yenta-fada
    31 | February 17, 2013 4:27 pm

Thank you!

Awwwww. *slobbery alert*

32. Lily
    32 | February 17, 2013 4:28 pm

@ yenta-fada:

There is a war against Christians and the Jewish people. I have even seen Christians attack other Christians and go against the tenets of the Church to defend a damn polititican. I have never seen anything like it. I’ve read of such things…just haven’t lived through it.

33. Lily
    34 | February 17, 2013 4:30 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

yenta-fada wrote:
    also via blazingcatfur. Muslim mob torches Church in Egypt.

Indeed. The Christians that actually stand up our faith are spit at by other Christians! It is really unreal.

34. Lily
    35 | February 17, 2013 4:30 pm

36. yenta-fada
    38 | February 17, 2013 4:32 pm

at this point in time Christians are finished in the ME…sad

38. yenta-fada
    39 | February 17, 2013 4:33 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Al Gore explains the advantages of sharia law to Andrea Mitchell.

Al Gore totally looks like a shape-shifting reptile. / But he does!

39. Lily
    40 | February 17, 2013 4:33 pm

40. Lily
    41 | February 17, 2013 4:35 pm

@ Lily:

WoW…a big mistake!!!! The same songs back to back..I never do that!
    /the world is coming to an end. ;)

41. yenta-fada
    42 | February 17, 2013 4:38 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Let’s all sing to Nancy Pelosi: “Doo-Wah-Dignity-Dumb-Diddy-Do.”

Comment left. (I think. Computer blamed)

42. Lily
    43 | February 17, 2013 4:39 pm

43. Lily
    44 | February 17, 2013 4:42 pm

@ yenta-fada:

To get me healed …I am doing a make-over on myself…heaven knows I need it. Hubby is going $$$$$$$$$$$?????????????????? with a wink. ;)

44. Lily
    45 | February 17, 2013 4:44 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

buzzsawmonkey wrote:
    Al Gore explains the advantages of sharia law to Andrea Mitchell.
    Al Gore totally looks like a shape-shifting reptile. / But he does!

He really does. No wonder he couldn’t even get someone to touch him when he offered them movie.

45. yenta-fada
    46 | February 17, 2013 4:44 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Tell him it’s an investment. :-)

46. Lily
    47 | February 17, 2013 4:44 pm

@ Lily:

Darn it… MONEY…not movie.

48 | February 17, 2013 4:46 pm

at this point in time Christians are finished in the ME…sad

they went with the hel;p of the US. all the way back to W. some christian nation we are.

48. Lily
    49 | February 17, 2013 4:46 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Well he isn’t going to say anything. In fact he’s been telling me to buy me stuff!!!! Now that I am….he is going “LILY!” ;)

50 | February 17, 2013 4:49 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

also via blazingcatfur. Muslim mob torches Church in Egypt.

Egyptian Coptic Christians seek Russian refuge

50. yenta-fada
    51 | February 17, 2013 4:49 pm

at this point in time Christians are finished in the ME…sad

No one spoke up when Arafat took over Bethlehem. Not even at Christmas.

51. Lily
    52 | February 17, 2013 4:49 pm

at this point in time Christians are finished in the ME…sad

Have you listened to some Christians????? They actually rebuke the Church for a damn politician!!! I’m just going … good grief. A human over God and they think they are the better ones.

52. Lily
    53 | February 17, 2013 4:51 pm

53. Lily
    54 | February 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

yenta-fada wrote:
    also via blazingcatfur. Muslim mob torches Church in Egypt.
    Egyptian Coptic Christians seek Russian refuge

It had been foretold a long time ago….. the future is going to be brutal. Sadly.

55 | February 17, 2013 4:55 pm

@ Lily:
    You know the situation is very seriously bad when people are fleeing to Russia for for their safety , for freedom , economic opportunity and for a better life.

55. yenta-fada
    56 | February 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

@ Lily:

There seems to be something in the Russian DNA that loves a strongman/totalitarian leader. imo.

57 | February 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Egyptian Coptic Christians seek Russian refuge

the russians get it. they are helping out the syrian christians as well.

the orthodox chrurches here have given time. money, and help to get a few families out of egypt. we have a coptic parish on the same bloc as our church, so the two are pretty tight

58 | February 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

@ Lily:

there is nothing to be done for the Coptics except offer them refuge, and maybe some cheap money…they are doomed

58. yenta-fada
    59 | February 17, 2013 4:58 pm

later, bloggers.

59. yenta-fada
    60 | February 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Oh, and Downton Abbey, Downton Abbey!

61 | February 17, 2013 5:03 pm

if I were POTUS, I’d simply….
    never mind

61. Lily
    62 | February 17, 2013 5:03 pm

62. Lily
    63 | February 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Later Yenta!!

63. Lily
    64 | February 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

@ Lily:

Oh indeed!!!! I was dissed for saying I’m seeing some bad omens a few weeks ago….but I’m seeing bad omens going on and says to me *A Wicked Wind This Way Comes!!!!*…..*shudder*

65 | February 17, 2013 5:09 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    @ Lily:

no it isnt genetic, its historic.

Main reasons to vote for Putin? “Stability” and “who else if not him?” As my Moscow friend’s older family members explained: “you [the younger generation] haven’t lived through World War II and haven’t lost your lifetime savings in 1991 and again in 1998. Putin is stable, and we have enough now.” You can add to this list of Russian nation’s bad luck the Mongolian invasion, Ivan the Terrible, a line of brutal tsars who kept the slavery of the Russian nation legal through 1861, then World War I, Communist Revolution, Cold War, and deprivation of the Yeltsin’s years. This makes Putin look like George Washington (if not Jesus) altogether.

Since Putin took the office in 1999, life has become “great”! World War III hasn’t begun (yet), salaries have risen, and money is somewhat safe in the Russian banks. Russians’ satisfaction with basics is the real reason why Putin will win the elections. All the protestors who showed up in the streets do not amount to even 0.1 of one percent of the Russian population, and they probably represent 1% of Russia’s entire 142-million-people population. The public show of civic and political activity is great, but in many ways irrelevant. In fact, very few Westerners know that Putin’s rankings went up after the protests -- the “country folk” did not like seeing expensive foreign-made cars creating traffic jams, and well-fed city boys and girls holding up iPads with anti-Putin slogans. Common people in Russia cannot afford to buy an iPad or a Mercedes…

65. Lily
    66 | February 17, 2013 5:10 pm

67 | February 17, 2013 5:13 pm

CBS News, the propaganda arm of the White House:

WH Chief Of Staff Denis McDonagh: “President Was Briefed Throughout The Night” on Benghazi.

Denis McDonagh said the President was “briefed throughout the night”, and that he helped prepare a “robust action in response”.

Except that’s not what the Secretary of Defense said last week.

And what robust response was that?

The continual lies are just unbelievable.

67. Lily
    68 | February 17, 2013 5:16 pm

CW it is bad when so-called religious people call evil good and good evil! I was told by a so-called Catholic that if the devil himself were to out-law abortion then all Catholic’s and Republicans would vote for him. Really …..so you a Catholic would vote for him? Although they told me they weren’t for abortion…then why defend it?
    It’s crazy thinking!

68. Lily
    69 | February 17, 2013 5:17 pm

And the lies just keep coming and coming and he gets away with it.

70 | February 17, 2013 5:17 pm

clearly most ME nations cannot effectively rule themselves without vast amounts of violence and death which, by it’s jihadi nature, cannot contain itself…time for a new wave of colonization, to save them from themselves…don’t ask, don’t negotiate, just do it, starting with flattening Irans nuclear intentions…’peace’ is not working

70. Lily
    71 | February 17, 2013 5:20 pm

@ heysoos:

In a more simple wording… evil is in charge.

72 | February 17, 2013 5:21 pm

@ heysoos:

first they came for the orthodox serbs and i did nothing, then they came for the caldean christians and i did nothing, then they came for the coptic christians and i did nothing….

73 | February 17, 2013 5:21 pm

waterboard all of them…quit fucking around with these mealy mouth losers

73. Lily
    74 | February 17, 2013 5:22 pm

74. Lily
    75 | February 17, 2013 5:25 pm

@ heysoos:

Excatly. But what can we do when our government looks the other way?
    Not only that even some of our own people are looking the other way!
    It’s a Catch-22 for those who have eyes to see.

75. 76 | February 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Stan.

76. Lily
    77 | February 17, 2013 5:28 pm

78 | February 17, 2013 5:28 pm

@ heysoos:
    Excatly. But what can we do when our government looks the other way?
    Not only that even some of our own people are looking the other way!
    It’s a Catch-22 for those who have eyes to see.

not much the US can do to save the Coptics, or anyone else for that matter…what do you propose the US do?…a few tank and planes won’t make the difference

78. brookly red
    79 | February 17, 2013 5:29 pm

heysoos wrote:

/Dear China. In the ME they have lot’s of oil and the Russians and us promise not to object if you kill them all and take their shit.

PS don’t fuck with the Jews they have nukes and God likes them.

79. Lily
    80 | February 17, 2013 5:33 pm

Macker wrote:

Stan.

Oh indeed!!!! I was talking to a religious person, goes to Church every Sunday…they would swear they are almost Saints…I had read my Bible the day before…and I kept coming across LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE in what I was reading. Faith, Hope and Love and the most powerful of these three is LOVE. Their response…love, love and this bullsh*t talk of love. I was stunned to be honest.

81 | February 17, 2013 5:33 pm

heysoos wrote:

PS don’t fuck with the Jews they have nukes and God likes them.

something like that, yes…if the US had the guts to play hardball, half this shit would just fade away…”if you move against Israel, we will nuke you, you will starve and you will die from thirst…do you understand?”

82 | February 17, 2013 5:35 pm

@ Lily:
    Evil? Seriously Lilly? Puleeeeze, that is so 2007.
    Obama has banished that quaint concept.
    There is no evil with the possible exception of Paul Ryan pushing
    Grandma off of the cliff, or the criminals Bush & Cheney, or the Felon
    Romney or violent Tea Party Grannies, or Marco Rubio lunging
    for water.
    Other than that, evil does not exist./

82. Lily
    83 | February 17, 2013 5:35 pm

@ heysoos:

Excatly what I was trying to get across. But there is one thing we can do. PRAY, PRAY, PRAY.

84 | February 17, 2013 5:35 pm

heysoos wrote:

how about we stop baking and supporting the very folks who are doing this against the christians? that would be great start. but for some reason there is a virus that has infected DC from clinton to W and beyond.

i get sick and tired of hearing how america is this christian country and the preachers and believers drone on and on being holier than thou meanwhile we facilitate the killing of christians by backing these muzz bastards. hell, we even bombed a christian country to help the muzz expand in europe!

i got no time for these ‘show christians’

84. brookly red
    85 | February 17, 2013 5:38 pm

Marco Rubio lunging
    for water.

/that was actually a subtle threat to the Arabs… ;)

86 | February 17, 2013 5:38 pm

since 9/11, the score is
    the islamic caliphate 13
    the west 0

terrorism works and so does oil tick money.

86. Lily
    87 | February 17, 2013 5:38 pm

Oh dear Rix don’t I know…you forgot to add Chuck Norris in those evil things. ;)

87. brookly red
    88 | February 17, 2013 5:39 pm

heysoos wrote:

i got no time for these ‘show christians’

they too shall have their reward.

89 | February 17, 2013 5:40 pm

heysoos wrote:
    how about we stop baking and supporting the veryu folks who are doing this against the christians? that would be great start. but for some reason there is a virus that has infected DC from clinton to W and beyond.
    i got no time for these ‘show christians’

I’m not a Christian altho I behave like one, mostly…the Gyps will kill the Coptics no matter what we do or say, like layers of an onion, there is always the next radical…to me it’s just about right or wrong…you kill innocent people, I will make you pay, one way or another until you stop

89. Lily
    90 | February 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Evil doesn’t pay…unless it has a sponsor..and it does have that!
    Everyday I read about something religious to be taken down here in our country because ONE person is offended.

91 | February 17, 2013 5:41 pm

@ 86 coldwarrior: Violence sells. People are attracted to it. It takes a spiritual depth of character to get violent change evolved and moving constructively in the right direction. Sometimes it is the necessary fire to put out a larger fire.

91. Lily
    92 | February 17, 2013 5:42 pm

heysoos wrote:
    i got no time for these ‘show christians’

Preach it CW!

93 | February 17, 2013 5:44 pm

@ 90 Lily:
    If there ever was a purpose to a big religious institution these days it would be to sue the Federal Government for intruding on the separation of church and state. Rather than gun control I would rather we take all those hysterical arguments and channel them into government control.

Limit the reach of the government into the individual life and enable a variety of spiritual choices for people that realize they could use some help.

93. Lily
    94 | February 17, 2013 5:44 pm

95 | February 17, 2013 5:45 pm

one bomb, the Aswan dam, and Egypt is finished as any sort of Muzz agitator…I’d remind them of this weak link if I were POTUS…life is cheap

96 | February 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Marco Rubio lunging
    for water.

/that was actually a subtle threat to the Arabs…

It actually helped Rubio in the public eye.
    The Dems & the MSm looked silly mocking him.
    Although, you would never catch Teddy Kennedy
    lunging for water, it was always scotch.

97 | February 17, 2013 5:46 pm

darkwords wrote:

@ 90 Lily:

that might work in Ohio, but not Cairo…there is no flexibility or tolerance

98 | February 17, 2013 5:48 pm

Lily wrote:

Oh dear Rix don’t I know…you forgot to add Chuck Norris in those evil things.

I’m afraid to.

98. brookly red
    99 | February 17, 2013 5:48 pm

heysoos wrote:

Actually Israel has used that threat successfully in the past, the difference is Egypt knows they would actually follow through.

99. 100 | February 17, 2013 5:49 pm

It actually helped Rubio in the public eye.
    The Dems & the MSm looked silly mocking him.
    Although, you would never catch Teddy Kennedy
    lunging for water, it was always scotch.

That…and a Waitress Sandwich!

101 | February 17, 2013 5:50 pm

@ 84 coldwarrior: I’ve been “holier than thou” for a long time. Maybe less so now. It’s a spiritual curse. True and deep spiritual people with an active connection to the infinite as God and nature understand their insignificance. And they can act Godly via that manner. Every person is important to them. Every person some degree of smoky glass reflecting the same sunlight.

When a person become holier than thou a barrier starts to be built between that person and God. So eventually they only perceive the barrier they constructed as God and never are able to see beyond. IMO the religion we call Islam is exactly this. I think Christianity is a better, much better religion. It poses a difficult question.

101. Lily
    102 | February 17, 2013 5:51 pm

@ darkwords:

Too much anti-Christian…even from Christians. Too many people have rebuked God and His ways in favor of something that isn’t religious. The only religion I’ve seen killing is Islam….yet they are victims. The world is upside down right now.

103 | February 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Macker wrote:

It actually helped Rubio in the public eye.
    The Dems & the MSm looked silly mocking him.
    Although, you would never catch Teddy Kennedy
    lunging for water, it was always scotch.

That…and a Waitress Sandwich!

Yeah him & his reprobate pal, Chris Dodd.

104 | February 17, 2013 5:53 pm

@ 100 Macker: As twitter has pointed out. Which is worse.

1. Robert Menendez and his call girls
    2. Rubio and his water.

104. brookly red
    105 | February 17, 2013 5:54 pm

Marco Rubio lunging
    for water.

/that was actually a subtle threat to the Arabs…

It actually helped Rubio in the public eye.
    The Dems & the MSm looked silly mocking him.
    Although, you would never catch Teddy Kennedy
    lunging for water, it was always scotch.

106 | February 17, 2013 5:56 pm

@ darkwords:

True dat. There is not problem with violent Islam in the New World Order.
    The real problem is Islamophobia which one develops by noticing
    violent Islam.

107 | February 17, 2013 6:00 pm

and where are the Kennedy’s today… In 40 years the only thing people will remember about the Clinton’s is Monica, the Obama will just be the name of a crime infested High School in every major city.@ brookly red:

I hope that Obama is not a revered historic figure.
    If he is then things progressed even worse.

107. brookly red
    108 | February 17, 2013 6:00 pm

@ darkwords:

No the Mohammedans have effectively isolated them selves and built their own hell where they can kill each other in peace for generations and the world won’t care.

109 | February 17, 2013 6:01 pm

brookly red wrote:

a fitting legacy for our racial hire

110 | February 17, 2013 6:02 pm

@ brookly red:
    :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

110. 111 | February 17, 2013 6:02 pm

I submit to you:
    3) Барни Франк and his call “boiz”….

112 | February 17, 2013 6:03 pm

e

Christians have killed innocents by the boatload…I prefer a perspective of simple right and wrong, which predates Christianity by milleniums…as for me Christianity has nothing to do with it…you just don’t kill people because you can, it’s not about religion, it’s about humanity…the strong have an obligation to either exterminate the weak or protect them…I choose the latter and not out of some Christian dogma, but because my strength needs to be tempered with kindness…if god has something to do with it fine

112. brookly red
    113 | February 17, 2013 6:06 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

seriously what legacy will these people leave?

113. Lily
    114 | February 17, 2013 6:11 pm

@ darkwords:
    True dat. There is not problem with violent Islam in the New World Order.
    The real problem is Islamophobia which one develops by noticing
    violent Islam.

115 | February 17, 2013 6:11 pm

There are negative waves on the internet today. My online radio is stuttering.

116 | February 17, 2013 6:13 pm

@ darkwords:

True dat. There is not problem with violent Islam in the New World Order.
    The real problem is Islamophobia which one develops by noticing
    violent Islam.

Correction:
    It’s not Islamophobia when they really are trying to kill us.

117 | February 17, 2013 6:13 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    seriously what legacy will these people leave?

the eternal question…why do this?…if America collapses, but you preserve and make it the 1%, so what?…we’ll kill you with our bare hands, since you got all the ammo…it can not make sense in the long run…therefore…it must be ideologically driven agenda, a spastic moment of utter brilliance that is the truth…and reality is torn to shreds

117. brookly red
    118 | February 17, 2013 6:14 pm

@ darkwords:
    True dat. There is not problem with violent Islam in the New World Order.
    The real problem is Islamophobia which one develops by noticing
    violent Islam.

be patient… No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

119 | February 17, 2013 6:16 pm

@ 113 brookly red: I was walking by an evangelical church this morning as it let out. Almost 100 percent of the people leaving the church were 20-30 somethings. I was wondering if they voted for Obama. If they perceive the negative influence of the lib global warming crap. Would they let their kids grow up misinformed?

then I was thinking I probably need Top ten lists for kids to educate myself on how to talk to kids.

1. Top 10 economic principles
    2. Top 10 environment practices
    3. Top 10 second amendment sayings
    4. Top 10 first amendment sayings and SC cases.

119. Lily
    120 | February 17, 2013 6:16 pm

@ heysoos:

Seriously you don’t know what you are talking about here. It is in the tenets…oh yes the Christians have killed by the boatloads!!!! They are evil…you don’t know what the hell you are talking about ..Christians are freaks to you…so you don’t know crap you feel ….there are bad people in all over the world. It is in the tenets of a religion that you go by. And yes those Bingo’s that the Church’s hold really are robbing people. And no you aren’t like a Christian in your thinking. You are a perfect example of where a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

120. brookly red
    121 | February 17, 2013 6:16 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    seriously what legacy will these people leave?

a spastic moment of utter brilliance that is the truth? wow… where did you get acid these days?

122 | February 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Seattle Senate Bill Includes “Home Inspection” As Part Of Gun Control Measure

Forget police drones flying over your house. How about police coming inside, once a year, to have a look around?

As Orwellian as that sounds, it isn’t hypothetical. The notion of police home inspections was introduced in a bill last week in Olympia.

That it’s part of one of the major gun-control efforts pains me. It seemed in recent weeks lawmakers might be headed toward some common-sense regulation of gun sales. But then last week they went too far. By mistake, they claim. But still too far.

Responding to the Newtown school massacre, the bill would ban the sale of semi-automatic weapons that use detachable ammunition magazines. Clips that contain more than 10 rounds would be illegal.

But then, with respect to the thousands of weapons like that already owned by Washington residents, the bill says this:

“In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall … safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection.”

In other words, come into homes without a warrant to poke around. Failure to comply could get you up to a year in jail.

123 | February 17, 2013 6:20 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    seriously what legacy will these people leave?

speaking about liberals and their propensity to discount consequence

124 | February 17, 2013 6:20 pm

Correction:
    It’s not Islamophobia when they really are trying to kill us.
    @ Da_Beerfreak:

Right, a phobia is not by definition irrational, it only may be.
    In this case it is evince based.

125 | February 17, 2013 6:21 pm

@ Lily:

Yes, boatloads of people who claim to be Christians have killed people, but that’s not the same as saying that they were killed in the name of Christianity.

Pretty much the last time that happened was the Crusades.

The last time someone was killed in the name of Islam was…probably 5 minutes ago.

125. Lily
    126 | February 17, 2013 6:24 pm

@ darkwords:
    True dat. There is not problem with violent Islam in the New World Order.
    The real problem is Islamophobia which one develops by noticing
    violent Islam.

Indeed we are meant to be perscuted. It was foretold a long time ago.

127 | February 17, 2013 6:25 pm

Seattle Senate Bill Includes “Home Inspection” As Part Of Gun Control Measure

Once the Second Amendment is in the trash the Fourth Amendment is on its own with no protection when its usefulness is no longer needed…

128 | February 17, 2013 6:25 pm

@ 120 Lily: I wouldn’t get that excited about it. But yours and Heysoos corpus of blog work stand up over time fine.

The Catholic church was not violent because of it’s Christian nature. It was violent because violent natures inhabited the leadership positions. In a violent world, that is often the only choice.

Human nature in competition for resources has been bloody forever. A few people like Christ stood up for a different way. Like a lone voice at the time. But more powerful because everything was echo.

Now a days. We have evolved but still exist among a largely violent population. It is why concepts like socialism and communism are naive and the self interest of capitalism eventually brings the most peace to the most people.

129 | February 17, 2013 6:26 pm

This is apparently news to USA Today:

Gun Shops Running Low On Ammunition

130 | February 17, 2013 6:27 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

Just don’t try to make criminals register their guns, because that would violate their Fifth Amendment rights.

Seriously

131 | February 17, 2013 6:28 pm

Correction:
    It’s not Islamophobia when they really are trying to kill us.
    @ Da_Beerfreak:

Right, a phobia is not by definition irrational, it only may be.
    In this case it is evince based.

We have to be clear on that point every time it comes up.
    We can never rest.
    We can never let it slide…

131. brookly red
    132 | February 17, 2013 6:28 pm

Seattle Senate Bill Includes “Home Inspection” As Part Of Gun Control Measure

this is exactly why they will fail. Like the previous thread, sharia failed in N Africa because it was introduced too quickly… the communist/liberal agenda was chugging along just fine for 60 yrs or so and no one noticed. Then came Obama and they all got too excited and tried to fuck us all at once. Now they are paying the price of premature ejaculation. They are generally viewed as impotent.

Sorry to have to get so bass but it is what it is.

133 | February 17, 2013 6:28 pm

Oh indeed! Most people don’t even educate themselves ….but they know they are right…because they just feel it! Crazy thinking in my opinion. Islam is not good…there may be good people born into it…just like there is bad people born into Christianity and the Jewish religion. But it is what the tenets of these religions is the answer lies. Islam is not good.@ Lily:

Christianity has not always been perfect, but those were deviations from Jesus.
    Allah on the other hand teaches murder & mayhem.
    The Crusades are always cited as violent Christianity. Actually the Crusades
    were Christian Europe pushing back.
    I can’t remember the last time that i went to mass & the priest got us
    all ginned up to run out of church burning & murdering.

134 | February 17, 2013 6:28 pm

@ 122 lobo91: The mayor of Seattle has just recently backed away from the police using drones and the polie using video cameras in high crime area. Because the ACLU and citizens complained so much about their constitutional rights being violate by big brother. But this mayor and council are still thinking about gun control.

134. Lily
    135 | February 17, 2013 6:30 pm

In my comment up above I said there were bad people and good people born in all religions…as far as the Crusades Islam started it.

135. 136 | February 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Perhaps WA State Law Enforcement should be banned by those companies who banned NY State sales too!

137 | February 17, 2013 6:31 pm

brookly red wrote:

Communism: share and share alike.

Islam: sharia and sharia-like.

138 | February 17, 2013 6:31 pm

@ 134 darkwords:
    The TeaParty needs to get more organized. All these town mayors and councilmembers now have direct pipelines into the idea guidance by Obama. Through electronic media. They talk and strategize among each other every day. The commissions are loaded with liberal thought. There is no conservative representation.

139 | February 17, 2013 6:32 pm

or dead by cop…at least the leftist extremists have played their hand, probably not smart at this point

140 | February 17, 2013 6:33 pm

darkwords wrote:

Violence is not always the answer, but when it is, it’s the only answer.

141 | February 17, 2013 6:34 pm

@ 125 lobo91: By the crusade standard then it will be 300 more years before Islam is moderated. If we are lucky.

141. Lily
    142 | February 17, 2013 6:34 pm

@ darkwords:

Heysoos thinks that anyone who believe’s in God is a freak…don’t be fooled by him when it comes to religion. If he wants to believe that way ….fine. I’m not trying to convert him..but I do find it offensive when he bashs something he doesn’t know much about.

143 | February 17, 2013 6:35 pm

We have to be clear on that point every time it comes up.
    We can never rest.
    We can never let it slide@ Da_Beerfreak:

Yup, It’s amazing how the Libs suck up to Islam.
    But Christianity & Judaism are mocked.

144 | February 17, 2013 6:36 pm

gimme a break…god grief

144. brookly red
    145 | February 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Christianity has not always been perfect, but those were deviations from Jesus.
    Allah on the other hand teaches murder & mayhem.
    The Crusades are always cited as violent Christianity. Actually the Crusades
    were Christian Europe pushing back.
    I can’t remember the last time that i went to mass & the priest got us
    all ginned up to run out of church burning & murdering.

well you have the yin of love and forgiving opposed to the yang of hate and oppression. I am a Christian but to reconcile the existence of islam in God’s creation I find the Tao helpful. :)

145. Lily
    146 | February 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Christianity has not always been perfect, but those were deviations from Jesus.
    Allah on the other hand teaches murder & mayhem.
    The Crusades are always cited as violent Christianity. Actually the Crusades
    were Christian Europe pushing back.
    I can’t remember the last time that i went to mass & the priest got us
    all ginned up to run out of church burning & murdering.

147 | February 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Killing Lincoln on the History Cannel tonight, 7 o’clock CST.

147. 148 | February 17, 2013 6:39 pm

darkwords wrote:

Problem: Islam already had its Reformation 200 years ago…and it was called the Wahhabi!

148. brookly red
    149 | February 17, 2013 6:40 pm

We have to be clear on that point every time it comes up.
    We can never rest.
    We can never let it slide@ Da_Beerfreak:

Yup, It’s amazing how the Libs suck up to Islam.
    But Christianity & Judaism are mocked.

what did the killer say in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? You were more afraid of offending than dying

150 | February 17, 2013 6:41 pm

@ Lily:

No, human frailty, but were are not taught the joy of honor killings, etc.

151 | February 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Macker wrote:

darkwords wrote:

satellites vs camels…I like the odds

152 | February 17, 2013 6:42 pm

@ 142 Lily: I trust heysoos opinion. :-) He is the person you want standing next to you when you are in trouble. And I trust your wisdom.

However goody goody in between mediators(darkwords) always seem bad news to me. LoL I’ll defer to more better opinions.

153 | February 17, 2013 6:42 pm

@ brookly red:
    Didn’t see it.

153. Lily
    154 | February 17, 2013 6:43 pm

gimme a break…god grief

HA! When will you give me a break??? Hmmmmmmm? You bash me whenever you can. So you deny you didn’t say Christians are freaks??? I can forgive that remark I don’t care what someone thinks of me. But you are constantly on me at times no matter what I say and frankly you are wrong in your comment.

154. brookly red
    155 | February 17, 2013 6:43 pm

satellites vs camels…I like the odds

yeah you pretty much nailed it…

156 | February 17, 2013 6:45 pm

Excatly. We live in a fallen world so people aren’t going to be perfect. Wasn’t saying Christians are perfect…@ Lily:

I know, I didn’t take you that way.

157 | February 17, 2013 6:46 pm

@ 154 Lily: Get a room you two. :-) I decided to fan the flames.

157. Lily
    158 | February 17, 2013 6:47 pm

@ Lily:
    No, human frailty, but were are not taught the joy of honor killings, etc.

Excatly hence were the tell of a religion is in it’s tenets…Islam is okay …no nah demands people be killed!!!

159 | February 17, 2013 6:47 pm

gimme a break…god grief

you are mistaken, I did not bash you…as for my post that upsets you, I was referring to a historical content…that religious ideology and inequality always lead to violence and death, Christians included…don’t take it personally

159. Lily
    160 | February 17, 2013 6:49 pm

darkwords wrote:

@ 142 Lily: I trust heysoos opinion. He is the person you want standing next to you when you are in trouble. And I trust your wisdom.

Me wisdom? You have not offended me darkwoods. Heysoos has.

160. brookly red
    161 | February 17, 2013 6:49 pm

@ brookly red:
    Didn’t see it.

well basically PC people don’t want to offend anyone, it is their golden rule. It goes against all primal survival instincts.

162 | February 17, 2013 6:49 pm

@ brookly red:
    Didn’t see it.

It’s not on History, it’s on NatGeo

162. Lily
    163 | February 17, 2013 6:50 pm

I know, I didn’t take you that way.

I know you didn’t Rix! :)

164 | February 17, 2013 6:51 pm

satellites vs camels…I like the odds

yeah you pretty much nailed it…

Which is why we keep using affirmative action ROEs with them.

164. Lily
    165 | February 17, 2013 6:53 pm

darkwords wrote:

@ 154 Lily: Get a room you two. I decided to fan the flames.

Dear lord!!!!! Why do you hate me???
    /to suggest such a thing! Frankly I don’t want to pay for all the things I would throw and break.

165. Lily
    166 | February 17, 2013 6:53 pm

darkwords wrote:

@ 154 Lily: Get a room you two. I decided to fan the flames.

Dear lord!!!!! Why do you hate me???

166. brookly red
    167 | February 17, 2013 6:54 pm

satellites vs camels…I like the odds

yeah you pretty much nailed it…

Which is why we keep using affirmative action ROEs with them.

kinda like prolonging a game of monopoly…

167. Lily
    168 | February 17, 2013 6:56 pm

gimme a break…god grief

Sorry you referred to boatloads of Christians…didn’t mention any other religion either. It was YOU who didn’t understand my post!

169 | February 17, 2013 6:58 pm

It’s a big mistake to call islam a religion when it’s in fact a totalitarian political movement set on World domination and uses religion only as a ‘fig leaf’ to cover its lies.

Islam is one of the Worlds greatest frauds, not one of its great religions.

169. brookly red
    170 | February 17, 2013 7:34 pm

the interwebs are angry tonight…

171 | February 17, 2013 7:37 pm

Testy post. To see if it irritates the blog gods anymore.

171. brookly red
    172 | February 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Islam is one of the Worlds greatest frauds, not one of its great religions.

at least the communists admit they don’t believe in God…

173 | February 17, 2013 7:46 pm

So I have heard rumors of a Blogmocracy BTR show tonight. Is this happening or not?

174 | February 17, 2013 7:46 pm

hmmm….

175 | February 17, 2013 7:46 pm

@ brookly red:

at least the communists admit they don’t believe in God…

Most of them, anyway.

Obama is an exception.

176 | February 17, 2013 7:48 pm

The Osprey wrote:

i dont see anything in the queue

176. Calo
    177 | February 17, 2013 7:49 pm

@ The Osprey:
    It would be nice if there was a BTR show.

Funny, I can actually “hear” your voice when you asked the question. :smile:

177. brookly red
    178 | February 17, 2013 7:52 pm

@ brookly red:

at least the communists admit they don’t believe in God…

Most of them, anyway.

Obama is an exception.

his actions say it if he was worried about his soul he would not have sold it.

179 | February 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Calo wrote:

@ The Osprey:
    It would be nice if there was a BTR show.

Funny, I can actually “hear” your voice when you asked the question.

BlogTalkTelepathy :lol:

180 | February 17, 2013 7:57 pm

The Osprey wrote:

i dont see anything in the queue

Macker and I must both be hallucinating it then. Could have sworn Rodan said something about it a few times.

181 | February 17, 2013 7:59 pm

@ The Osprey:

he did

181. Calo
    182 | February 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Count Bunk in for hearing rumors, as well.

183 | February 17, 2013 8:02 pm

The Osprey wrote:

The Osprey wrote:
    i dont see anything in the queue

me too…i dunno.

184 | February 17, 2013 8:02 pm

@ The Osprey:

he did

Probably got distracted by las Mujeres caliente de Miami. :lol:

184. 185 | February 17, 2013 8:04 pm

@ The Osprey:
    Rodan told me that there was a show scheduled for tonight, so I lined up a couple of surprise guests. Now I see that I was chumped and had to tell the guests to forget it. I’m kinda pissed right now.

186 | February 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Dr. Zhivago up right now on TCM. One of my all time fav fliks.

187 | February 17, 2013 8:06 pm

@ Bunk X:

Now you’ve piqued my interest. Hopefully the guests aren’t so torqued they won’t be willing to reschedule.

187. 188 | February 17, 2013 8:08 pm

@ Calo:
    Wasn’t a rumor. I spoke with Rodan Friday night and he said it was scheduled for Sunday.

189 | February 17, 2013 8:08 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Dr. Zhivago up right now on TCM. One of my all time fav fliks.

Good movie but is as long as Russian winter! :lol:

189. Calo
    190 | February 17, 2013 8:09 pm

@ The Osprey:
    If one of them is who I think it is, I doubt there will be a reschedule of a previous reschedule for her.

190. 191 | February 17, 2013 8:09 pm

@ The Osprey:
    Both of them were ready to go. I don’t care anymore.

191. Lily
    192 | February 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Bunk X wrote:

@ Calo:

Something happened with Rodan? That’s all I can think of is a ( ? ).

192. Lily
    193 | February 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Bunk X wrote:

@ The Osprey:
    Both of them were ready to go. I don’t care anymore.

You have to still care. Maybe not tonight…but tomorrow?

193. 194 | February 17, 2013 8:14 pm

@ Calo:
    Doesn’t matter who it is. There’s no more point in scheduling guests, because they know that you can’t count on Bunk’s info.

195 | February 17, 2013 8:16 pm

@ Lily:

I hope he hasn’t been droned.

195. 196 | February 17, 2013 8:16 pm

@ Lily:
    Go ahead and do a podcast. Call some people of interest and ask that they call in, then don’t bother telling them that the podcast has been cancelled and they could have gone to their niece’s birthday party after all.

197 | February 17, 2013 8:18 pm

I take it you tried calling him, Bunk?

197. Calo
    198 | February 17, 2013 8:18 pm

@ Bunk X:
    :sad:

Bunk, your info is as good as the one who gives it to you.

I’m terribly sorry. I wish it wasn’t that way, you always steer excellent guests to BTR.

198. 200 | February 17, 2013 8:20 pm

@ The Osprey:
    At this point it doesn’t matter.

201 | February 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Bunk X wrote:

The colors are suitably apocalyptic.

200. Lily
    202 | February 17, 2013 8:26 pm

@ Bunk X:

Sorry. :(
    /a lot of work you did and for nothing. Sorry, again.

201. 203 | February 17, 2013 8:39 pm

@ Lily:
    It wasn’t a lot of work. I just don’t like saying “Hey, this is gonna be fun! You in?” And then it doesn’t happen. No one had the common courtesy of a tweet, a dm, an email or a phone call. I can’t stand flakes.

202. brookly red
    204 | February 17, 2013 8:40 pm

Hah! raaaaacist take out food time… my rice is more offensive than yours

205 | February 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Hah! raaaaacist take out food time… my rice is more offensive than yours

Just to let you know. My little rice cooker is the best small kitchen appliance I didn’t know I needed until I got one. Now if I could just figure out how to make fried rice…

204. 206 | February 17, 2013 9:06 pm

@ Lily:
    BTW, this is the SECOND TIME it’s happened.

207 | February 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Mandy Nagy ‏@Liberty_Chick
    Holy crap. RT @foxnewsradio #FOX Nashville: Country singer Mindy McCready is dead in an apparent suicide at age 37.

206. brookly red
    208 | February 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Hah! raaaaacist take out food time… my rice is more offensive than yours

oh man so easy… can you fry an egg?

209 | February 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Egyptian Court Upholds Death Sentences On Seven Coptic Christians, US Pastor For Roles In Mohammed Film…

A Cairo tribunal on Tuesday upheld death sentences passed on seven Egyptian Coptic Christians in absentia for their involvement in a movie that ridiculed the Prophet Mohammed, a judicial source said.

The accused, including the director of the movie that triggered outrage across the Muslim world when it surfaced last September, are currently living in the United States.

Terry Jones, an American pastor based in Florida who is said to have promoted the film and who had also been sentenced to death in absentia, had his sentence reduced to five years in jail by the tribunal.

208. Lily
    210 | February 17, 2013 9:14 pm

@ Bunk X:

Bunk it has got to be beyond annoying. But I do know bunk is someone who is admired by more than just a few here! Again sorry about your work fell through the 2nd time.

209. brookly red
    211 | February 17, 2013 9:15 pm

but yet we give them tanks and fighter jets? I would say complain to your congress man if I really thought it would do any good. There is no discussion there is no negotiation. We are at war.

210. Lily
    212 | February 17, 2013 9:17 pm

@ darkwords:

I didn’t know her music ….but that is horrible.

211. 213 | February 17, 2013 9:26 pm

@ Lily:
    Lily, you’ve got absolutely nothing to be sorry about. You’re a breath of fresh air around here. Honest.

212. Lily
    214 | February 17, 2013 9:29 pm

@ Bunk X:

Bunk I know how you feel…really. Family came here to take care of me after I fell ill….I haven’t seen them most the week and found out through someone else they left town and it wasn’t necessary either. So no phone call, no visit, no nothing. They just left because of all reasons they differ in opinion on politic’s than me. Oh yes they brought it up after open-heart surgery when I said I didn’t want to talk about it then they told my brother I’m narcissistic! When the only thing I’m trying to do is get better. But hey their opinion on politic’s is more important. Hence the reason I’ve been posting music video’s. Some things are more important than obama and abortion. Life, hope, faith and love. If I could I’d pat you on the back to make you feel better I would! (Be thankful my hubbies wallet took a hit today because I feel I need a make-over!) :)

213. Lily
    215 | February 17, 2013 9:31 pm

@ Bunk X:

And you aren’t??? Several of us like your sense of humor! :)

214. Lily
    216 | February 17, 2013 9:43 pm

217 | February 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Hah! raaaaacist take out food time… my rice is more offensive than yours

oh man so easy… can you fry an egg?

My fried rice is OK, I’m just trying to figure out how to make it better… :wink:

216. Lily
    218 | February 17, 2013 9:54 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

A little less water. I live in rice and gravy country!

219 | February 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Michelle L’amour ‏@michelle_lamour
    Just had the most gentle pat down at the Albuquerque airport.

Apparently some airports leave the passengers a little worse for the wear.

220 | February 17, 2013 10:04 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

A little less water. I live in rice and gravy country!

With the cooker I always make extra and leave it in the icebox for later so I never use fresh cooked rice for fried rice.

219. 221 | February 17, 2013 10:09 pm

@ Lily:
    Hey, I don’t need a pat on the head. You take care of yourself first -- besides, Suki Wong just offered something different. :D

222 | February 17, 2013 10:09 pm

TheWalkingDead call went up on my twitter timeline and the timeline went dead.

221. 223 | February 17, 2013 10:10 pm

@ Lily:
    Some people are easily amused.

224 | February 17, 2013 10:10 pm

@ 221 Bunk X: Don’t get overcharged.

225 | February 17, 2013 10:12 pm

OOT is up.

226 | February 17, 2013 10:13 pm

i cant get a hold of rodan, so i think he got called into work.

OOT is up, oops, i already said that!

225. 227 | February 17, 2013 10:31 pm

@ darkwords:
    I got plenty of greenstamps.

226. Lily
    228 | February 17, 2013 10:33 pm

@ Bunk X:

Yeah can’t deny it….oh left you a tune up-stairs! ;)