Progressives keep pushing Chris Christie as electable

by Rodan ( 152 Comments › )
Filed under Elections 2012, Elections 2016, Media, Progressives, Republican Party at February 19th, 2013 - 11:30 am

ChristieBelly

After every election, the media finds a Republican and claims they are electable. Whether it was George W. Bush in the late 90′s, John McCain after the 04 election or Mitt Romney after 2008, the media creates a narrative of an electable Republican. Then when the election occurs, that Republican they once called electable, gets turned into a Nazi. Well, the media is doing this again.

Ever since his betrayal of Mitt Romney, Christie Christie has become the Left’s favorite Republican. In article after article, Christie gets praised by Progressives. Hollywood is fundraising for his 2013 re-election campaign for NJ Governor. The media is now pushing the Chris Christie is electable angle.

The GOP’s chances of winning the White House in 2016 are linked more closely to the political fortunes of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie than those of Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida.

[....]

During a speech last month with no national television audience to pander to, Christie called for more bipartisanship in Washington. “New Jersey has proven that a strong, principled, conservative governor can work with two strong, progressive leaders in the legislature and find common ground,” he said, referring to the Democrats who lead both houses of New Jersey’s Capitol.

That message didn’t resonate with Rubio. His speech was short on new ideas and long on tired, recycled Republican bromides. Obama, he said, believes America’s free enterprise system is “the cause of our problems. That the economic downturn happened because our government didn’t tax enough, spend enough and control enough.” It doesn’t matter that Obama never uttered those words. Talk like that makes Rubio a darling of the rabid right — and boosts his chances of winning their support in the 2016 GOP presidential primary campaign.

Christie, on the other hand, is betting the American people have tired of the intransigence of the political right and left. He’s hoping that in a tug of war, mainstream Republicans will regain control of the GOP presidential candidate selection process and clear the way for him to become the party’s standard-bearer in 2016. Christie is a greater threat than Rubio to chip away at the coalition that twice hoisted Obama into the White House.

The Progressive media’s agenda is very clear. They want Chris Christie as the Republican nominee in 2016 to set him up to lose. They did this trick with John McCain and Mitt Romney. The Republican Establishment will probably believe this electable lie from the Left and push Christie as they did Romney and McCain.

I hope Republican voters do not fall for the Chris Christie electable lie.

Addendum: Christie is quoted as saying he agrees with NY’s Fascist Governor Andrew Coumo 98% of the issues.

[Bulman] said when he told Mr. Christie he is from upstate New York, “he said, ‘I’m not much different from Andrew Cuomo. I probably agree with him on 98% of the issues.’ ” Mr. Bulman said Gov. Christie “sees value in the building trades, which are private sector unions. He complimented us and said he uses us as an example of a pro-business union.”

This says all you need to know about Chris Christie.

Tags: , ,

Comments

152 Responses to “Progressives keep pushing Chris Christie as electable”

1 | February 19, 2013 11:51 am

That fat mofo with his tough guy (fake) persona grew up in the tony suburban towns of Livingston and Mendham, New Jersey. He tries to act as if he is from Hoboken/Newark/Jersey City.

2 | February 19, 2013 11:52 am

Does Ann Coulter still get orgasmic over him?

3. yenta-fada
    3 | February 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Sorry, I have nothing to say about Christie. This is an interesting development though.

4. Lily
    4 | February 19, 2013 12:27 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Yes that is interesting…the unions don’t even want it. It says a lot to me..if I say so myself. Obamacare=no good care.

5. 5 | February 19, 2013 12:35 pm

@ Lily:

ObamaCare is designed to destroy the American health care system. They want to force us into a socialized medicine debacle like Britain has. They want to do this in part to limit the treatments that people have available to extend ther lives. Obama wants people to die. That is th esimple truth of it, yet Mitt Romney dared not say that on the campaign trail. I always said that the worst thing about Romney was that he took the ObamaCare issue off the table, and he Certainly did that. That might have been the crucial difference among the low info voters that put Obama over th etop. If Romney could have connected with them against ObamaCare, and shown them how what Obama was doing would damage them, he migh thave won. Oh, well. Water under the bridge. What we have to do is assure that we don’t run another watered down Moderate that can’t coherently articulate our vision for the country. Chris Christie would seem to be the “moderate” de jour, but there will be another when Christie’s star falls.

6. Lily
    6 | February 19, 2013 1:00 pm

Oh I totally agree with you there about obamacare….but I have also noticed that people don’t believe the truth about it!!! If Romney would have mentioned it maybe and that is a big maybe people would have believed him. From the people who talked to about obamacare you tell them the cold hard facts about it….and they go “that is nothing but a lie!” You can’t crack into their heads the truth…at all. It is so bizarre I have never seen anything like it. I tell them to read up on it if they don’t believe me…fact chance all they do is come back with “Republicans lie”…Strange days we live in is all I can say. As far as Chris Christie…I don’t see anything in his future. The future is so hard to predict I have no idea what is in store concerning that. On obamacare sure that is an easy one. Much other issues aren’t.

7. Lily
    7 | February 19, 2013 1:10 pm

White House Releases Photo Of Obama Signing “No Guns!” Letter…

Why so subtle?

8. Lily
    8 | February 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Sloooooooooow day today.

9. 9 | February 19, 2013 1:19 pm

@ Lily:

Yesterday was slow, too. I don’t know what is up. I am working on something, but I’m able to check in every little while

10. Lily
    10 | February 19, 2013 1:20 pm

Okay I’m forced to do this…if nothing to talk about then this…

11 | February 19, 2013 1:21 pm

Get in mah belly!!!!

—Chris Christie

12. Lily
    12 | February 19, 2013 1:21 pm

:) So I guess I’ll play then ….there is plenty of ugly news..sometimes maybe we need to just live in the day!
    /hence my youtuboouge! ;)

13 | February 19, 2013 1:22 pm

Lily wrote:

Sloooooooooow day today.

Today is like a Monday usually is and Monday’s are slow.

14. Lily
    14 | February 19, 2013 1:24 pm

I just can’t you why I’m doing this…. ;)

15. Lily
    15 | February 19, 2013 1:26 pm

@ Speranza:

I know…we can post and try to bring it back to life!!!
    /first thing to address…why do I leave out words in some of my posts???

;)

16. Lily
    16 | February 19, 2013 1:30 pm

17. Lily
    17 | February 19, 2013 1:31 pm

@ Lily:

At least it has winter lights to match the season we are in. 8-)

18. 18 | February 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Well, if it’s news you want, how about the universe ending?

19. Lily
    19 | February 19, 2013 1:34 pm

@ Mike C.:

Now that is a bummer! Like I said there is a lot of bad things to dwell on…now this! Heaven help us.

20. Lily
    20 | February 19, 2013 1:37 pm

This is for our politicians…their theme song..plus they think everythings are just butterflies okay-dokay…

21. 21 | February 19, 2013 1:39 pm

@ Lily:

I thought it was Unicorns that Obama was selling…

22. Lily
    22 | February 19, 2013 1:40 pm

Oh wait *flying butterflies*….I really messed that one up. 8-)

Georgia Elementary School Teaches Students: ‘”Obama Ran So Our Children Could Fly”…

23. Lily
    23 | February 19, 2013 1:40 pm

@ Lily:
    I thought it was Unicorns that Obama was selling…

That too…but butterflies too. ;)

24. Lily
    24 | February 19, 2013 1:44 pm

For the hell of it….

25. Lily
    25 | February 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Happy tune….

26. Lily
    26 | February 19, 2013 1:53 pm

I have indeed truly killed this thread. :(

27. Lily
    27 | February 19, 2013 1:59 pm

28 | February 19, 2013 2:00 pm

How do we find out if Christie is all for gun owner insurance?

29. 29 | February 19, 2013 2:05 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

Christie is anti-Second Amendment, period. He doesn’t think the Second Amendment applies to New Jersey. That and the fact that he is radically pro-Muslim is really all I need to know about him. I won’t vote for the man if he is the Republican nominee in 2016. Most anybody else that’s name has popped up, even Jeb Bush, I’d vote for over any Democrat, but not Chris Christie. As he said up-thread, he agrees with Andrew Cuomo 98% of the time. That’s not a Republican. That’s a Democrat wearing Republican’s clothing.

30. Guggi
    30 | February 19, 2013 2:05 pm

U.S. General Picked for Top NATO Military Post Will Retire

General John R. Allen, who served until earlier this month as the top United States commander in Afghanistan, will retire from the military to focus on “health issues within his family,” President Obama said Tuesday.

31. Lily
    31 | February 19, 2013 2:05 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

Gun insurance? I have no idea really. Christie in my opinion is a joke.

32 | February 19, 2013 2:07 pm

We need every politician on record for and against gun insurance

33. Lily
    33 | February 19, 2013 2:07 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

Bingo! His word is worth nothing. Not to mention he agrees with all the wrong things.

34. Lily
    34 | February 19, 2013 2:08 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

We need every politician on record for and against gun insurance

I certainly agree…will it happen? I have no idea at all. Probably not and since I wrote that it will happen.

35. Lily
    35 | February 19, 2013 2:10 pm

@ Guggi:

Obama is culling the military.

36 | February 19, 2013 2:13 pm

37. rain of lead
    37 | February 19, 2013 2:14 pm

hey ya’ll

38 | February 19, 2013 2:14 pm

Lily wrote:

@ Speranza:
    I know…we can post and try to bring it back to life!!!
    /first thing to address…why do I leave out words in some of my posts???

You probably post too quickly.

39. Lily
    39 | February 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Well it went dead again…….
    Liberal theme song?????

40. rain of lead
    40 | February 19, 2013 2:18 pm

is this a poisen pill inserted by a slick repub( pfffft)
    or have the dems truly lost their minds

Orwellian’: Proposed Gun Law in Washington State Calls on Police to Inspect the Homes of ‘Assault Weapon’ Owners

Now, Democratic lawmakers in Olympia, Wash. last week introduced legislation that would allow county sheriffs to inspect the homes of semi-automatic rifle owners once a year. Seattle Times columnist Danny Westneat describes the move as “Orwellian.”

The proposed bill, Senate Bill 5737, would ban the sale of semi-automatic weapons that use detachable magazines and magazines that contain more than 10 rounds. It would also subject law-abiding gun owners to random searches by a county sheriff.

(when caught, they scramble)

One of the bill’s sponsors, State Sen. Adam Kline (D-Seattle), told the Seattle Times that he didn’t properly vet the bill prior to jumping on board. He claims he didn’t realize the bill authorized police searches.

“I made a mistake,” he said. “I frankly should have vetted this more closely.”

The legislation’s main sponsor, Sen. Ed Murray (D-Seattle) also blasted the search provision written in his bill, saying it is likely unconstitutional.

“I have to admit that shouldn’t be in there,” he said.

Murray also explained that an assault weapons ban isn’t likely to pass anyhow and the bill was intended to be a blueprint for gun legislation in the future. With the search provision included, the bill has very little chance of passing.

It wasn’t immediately clear which lawmaker wrote the search provision into the bill.

41 | February 19, 2013 2:18 pm

heysoos wrote:

Absolutely. They are going to have squads of Chicago teachers, and Chicago public school students, compile the body counts.

That way, they can be sure that the body count will be totally inaccurate, and much lower than it actually is, because neither the students nor the teachers can do math.

42. Lily
    42 | February 19, 2013 2:19 pm

@ Speranza:

:) I know I do and I see the mistake right at the very moment I am clicking submit comment. Some things you just can’t change. LOL!

43. Lily
    43 | February 19, 2013 2:20 pm

@ rain of lead:

Hey rain! Hope everything is going well in your life. :)

44. Lily
    45 | February 19, 2013 2:23 pm

@ rain of lead:

*shakes head* Really odd times.

45. rain of lead
    46 | February 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Lily wrote:

@ rain of lead:

Hey rain! Hope everything is going well in your life.

just working too damn much
    my 2nd job ain’t supposed to be full time also but I think my boss missed that memo

46. Lily
    47 | February 19, 2013 2:27 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Left a comment! I’m doing the tunes and you are doing the lyrics! ;)
    /the sad thing is I do play any instruments. I let others do that..and I don’t write music …I let others do that. So here it is you who has the talent. I’m just borrowing others talent. ;)

47. 48 | February 19, 2013 2:28 pm

@ rain of lead:

They are just admitting what they really want. The Dems are backpeddling, of course, but the truth it that is exactly what they want. They want to get rid of the Bill of Rights, and replace it with a Bill of “Positive” Rights. The Second Amendment isn’t going to be in their new Bill of Rights. You don’t need a gun. If someone attacks you, you should just piss on yourself…

48. Lily
    49 | February 19, 2013 2:28 pm

@ Lily:

PIMF do not play instruments

totally off today…no wait I’m my normal self. ;)

49. Lily
    50 | February 19, 2013 2:30 pm

rain of lead wrote:

Lily wrote:
    @ rain of lead:
    Hey rain! Hope everything is going well in your life.
    just working too damn much

:oops: Bet you are worn out from it. Me I have too much time on my hands from healing …

50. rain of lead
    51 | February 19, 2013 2:32 pm

heh
    learn to love video games….that is a great time waster

51. Lily
    52 | February 19, 2013 2:34 pm

@ rain of lead:

Yep you are right they are the lunatic fringe we have….

52. Lily
    53 | February 19, 2013 2:35 pm

rain of lead wrote:

heh
    learn to love video games….that is a great time waster

I switch from tunes, books, movies and the blog! 8-)

53. 54 | February 19, 2013 2:37 pm

@ Lily:

This group was obviously never on the 101 during rush hour……

54. Lily
    55 | February 19, 2013 2:39 pm

And the insanity continues….

Report: Hagel Said Israel Headed Towards Being An “Apartheid” State, Netanyahu A “Radical”…

55. Lily
    56 | February 19, 2013 2:40 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

LOL! The lyric’s of that song have never made sense!!!

56. 57 | February 19, 2013 2:41 pm

@ Lily:

He won’t have to -- between his anti-military beliefs, slashing of retiree and family benefits and the DA/DT rescission -- who they hell is going to JOIN?

57. Lily
    58 | February 19, 2013 2:42 pm

A song ahead of it’s time…..

58. 59 | February 19, 2013 2:43 pm

@ rain of lead:

Serious Fourth Amendment issues on this one.

59. Lily
    60 | February 19, 2013 2:44 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

No kidding and who would want to serve for him….he is a traitor to this country in my opinion.

60. 61 | February 19, 2013 2:44 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

I’m sure some fantastic creative editing was done. I’m always suspicious when they wait weeks/months, etc., to issue documents. Makes me wonder what they did to them.

61. 62 | February 19, 2013 2:45 pm

@ Lily:

If there are “alligator lizards in the air” they were no doubt hit by a Camaro and sent flying.

63 | February 19, 2013 2:47 pm

Dems don’t believe there is such a thing as a “right” to own a gun, regardless of what the Constitution might say:

NY Dem Files Bill To Mandate Gun Owners Carry Million Dollar Liability Insurance…

A bill was introduced in the State Assembly by Felix Ortiz (D-Brooklyn) that would require citizens of New York to acquire liability insurance as a condition to gun ownership.

Bill S2353 will require all gun owners in NY to obtain and “continuously maintain” insurance coverage of at least $1 million, or they will suffer “immediate revocation of such owner’s registration, license and any other privilege to own” a firearm.

If the citizen fails to obtain the insurance, then by simply owning the firearm, they will be in violation of the law.

Notice that this bill refers to a “privilege” to own a gun.

63. Lily
    64 | February 19, 2013 2:49 pm

65 | February 19, 2013 2:49 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I’m sure some fantastic creative editing was done.

Did you follow the link? The “creative editing” was mine…

65. Lily
    66 | February 19, 2013 2:51 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Lily:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is the beauty of that song…but hey I’m *just a little unwell* 8-)

66. Lily
    67 | February 19, 2013 2:52 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Another buzz classic! ;)

67. 68 | February 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Read it an hour ago. And that was the very first thing I noticed. Then I noticed that if the owner’s gunis lost or stolen and THE GUN COMMITS A CRIME (???) before the owner reports it to the police, the owner is responsible.

The gun commits the crime? And the rest of the provision fails the first time it is tried on somebody who was at work or even worse on vacation.

68. Lily
    69 | February 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Hey lobo wondering where you have been! They are surely doing their damnest to take away our rights.

69. Lily
    70 | February 19, 2013 2:56 pm

@ Mike C.:

Nothing these fools makes much sense…blooming idiots!

70. 71 | February 19, 2013 2:56 pm

@ Mike C.:

Oh, and the estimated cost of such insurance is around $ 1600-2000/year, effectively disarming people with lower incomes. Of course, they did get away with making full auto weapons unavailable to all but people with a lot of spare money.

72 | February 19, 2013 2:56 pm

@ Mike C.:

Nobody said it had to make sense. It’s intended to make gun owners decide that it’s just not worth the trouble.

72. 73 | February 19, 2013 2:57 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Not yet -- but I will.
    I’m starting to suffer from the Lenten vapors -- between no meat and one meal a day, I’m starting to feel woozy. It was a lot easier to do with when I was 15….

73. Lily
    74 | February 19, 2013 2:57 pm

@ Mike C.:

But wait…don’t these rich politicians hate the rich?

75 | February 19, 2013 2:58 pm

Lily wrote:

I’ve been around. I was here last night, but nobody else was.

75. 76 | February 19, 2013 2:59 pm

@ Lily:

They’re not idiots -- they know exactly what they are doing.

77 | February 19, 2013 3:00 pm

This is getting ridiculous:

Obama: Federal Prosecutors Will “Let Criminals Go” If Sequester Cuts Go Through…

78 | February 19, 2013 3:02 pm

I don’t think that anyone should chain themselves to such a general concept as “electability.”

78. Lily
    79 | February 19, 2013 3:02 pm

79. 80 | February 19, 2013 3:03 pm

And then we have that dim bulb in Colorado and HIS rape comments. You know, that if you’re a woman you may not know you’re being raped:

It’s why we have call boxes, it’s why we have safe zones, it’s why we have the whistles. Because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be shooting at,” Salazar remarked in the debate late Friday.

And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop … pop a round at somebody

Here’s a thought, you neaderthal. Maybe if thugs and rapists knew a woman might be concealing a weapon, they’d effing think twice before jumping her on a college campu

80. Lily
    81 | February 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Lily wrote:
    I’ve been around. I was here last night, but nobody else was.

I saw that…I had a bad night…sorry I wasn’t there to help you tune the thread. My bad.

82 | February 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I’m starting to suffer from the Lenten vapors — between no meat and one meal a day, I’m starting to feel woozy. It was a lot easier to do with when I was 15….

Well, as long as you didn’t give up laughter for Lent, go and click the link…

83 | February 19, 2013 3:05 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

That was why UCCS security released their helpful hints on other things women can do when attacked, like vomiting on themselves.

83. Lily
    84 | February 19, 2013 3:06 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ Lily:
    They’re not idiots — they know exactly what they are doing.

I don’t think they are truly idiots ….more like evil. So I use idiots because they are committing evil and don’t care or don’t realize it.

84. 85 | February 19, 2013 3:08 pm

You know lobo, I had no idea we were getting so damn much for that $43 billion that is supposed to get cut from essential services.

What came as a complete surprise was that my local first responders, teachers and apparently DOCTORS are being paid by Obama -- I thought my property taxes paid for the first two and my health insurance carrier paid for the third.

85. 86 | February 19, 2013 3:09 pm

This is getting ridiculous:

Gee -- that will be something new, eh?

86. Lily
    87 | February 19, 2013 3:10 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

That is the most idiotic thing I have read from a fools mouth yet! Honestly really? A woman doesn’t know when she is being followed or raped. Tell the fool oh yes they do.

88 | February 19, 2013 3:11 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Some of them actually are, because a lot of cities are paying for them using federal grant money.

88. 89 | February 19, 2013 3:11 pm

That’s right, because we women can just regurgitate “at will.” If I could do that, I’d weight 100 lbs.

90 | February 19, 2013 3:12 pm

heysoos wrote:

I’d like to ask Rahm and his chief what they are actually doing to quell the body count in Chicago…do they have a plan? how aggressive are they in breaking down the gangs? how is the mayor involved? wtf are they DOING? [Snip...]

Taliban to Send Peace-Keeping Advisers to Chicago

As negotiations for the US withdrawal from Afghanistan have once again come to a halt, the Taliban Supreme Council has offered to level the playing field by sending a group of 400 battle-hardened Taliban peacekeepers to the U.S. city of Chicago, to help pacify one of the most violent regions in the Great Plains area of the North American continent.

With many years of combat experience in violent areas of their own country and having fought rebels, insurgents, villagers, urban militias, rival drug lords, as well as Soviet and American occupying forces on foot, horses, camels, donkeys, and trucks, they may be just what the Chicago city officials need to pacify their own population and bring the recently publicized murder rate under control.

Details as to the logistical challenges have yet to be worked out, but already many US officials are expressing support for the idea. [Snip...]

[Read the Whole Thing... :wink: ]

90. 91 | February 19, 2013 3:14 pm

@ Mike C.:

Prezdint Nimrod is looking more and more the fool. I imagine the Pinocchio rating got upped at the Washington Post on this ridiculous speech.

I say send Marco Rubio out to give the people the facts. Hell, have him HOLD the water bottle this time!

91. Lily
    92 | February 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Throwing up on someone isn’t going to stop a criminal from attacking you. I can’t throw up at will either.

92. 93 | February 19, 2013 3:17 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

I was waiting on WABC today on iTunes for Rush to come on and caught the end of Geraldo Rivera and Juan Williams. Talk about two know-nothing pathetic attention whores. Williams was saying how Geraldo should run as a Republican for the Senate from New Jersey as he’s just what the “Republicans need.” I couldn’t take it anymore. I switched to WBAP until 9:00 when I knew it would be safe.

93. 94 | February 19, 2013 3:20 pm

Uh oh…..Prezdint Nimrod forgot that we’re not ALL low information voters:

Remember that $80 billion bill for Hurricane Sandy victims??

Congress authorized a pork-fest for relief from Hurricane Sandy. It also included billions of dollars for such items as FBI salaries, $2 billion for road construction across the country, funding for the Head Start program, roof repairs at the Smithsonian, $4 million for the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, $50 million for the National Park Service–and $16 billion for usage by 47 states to underwrite past and future events from 2011 through 2013. As of now, none of that spending has been offset by any cuts in other programs.

They already countered several of the sequestration cuts in this bill.

95 | February 19, 2013 3:21 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Yeah, that’s just what I always think when I see Geraldo…

96 | February 19, 2013 3:24 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

And there are still thousands of people homeless, because FEMA hasn’t gotten around to actually doing anything for them.

97 | February 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Lib Dem Sen. Barbara Boxer Accuses Ted Cruz Of McCarthyism…

The nerve of a Senator trying to get answers to actual questions during a confirmation hearing…

97. 98 | February 19, 2013 3:34 pm

McCarthy demanded answers, too! How awful. No more answers! 8O

100 | February 19, 2013 3:39 pm

McCarthy demanded answers, too! How awful. No more answers!

I always want to ask people like her when she stopped supporting the right of Communists to serve in our government.

99. 101 | February 19, 2013 3:39 pm

He doesn’t want competition for his Sugar Daddy, the Emir of Qatar or whomever.

102 | February 19, 2013 3:41 pm

I want to see his windmill-powered private jet.

101. 103 | February 19, 2013 3:45 pm

He keeps it at one of his many mansions. Gore is living proof that the Global Warming Hoax is a fraud. Anything he’d speak for is a fraud. Anyone who’s been paying attention would have figured that out by now.

104 | February 19, 2013 3:55 pm

reading the news is like reading the Onion…this gun grab is now becoming so farcical, I cannot take it serious…it’s the most convoluted, pretzel logic joke I can ever recall…guy in a Ford runs over your dog so you sue Ford…got it

105 | February 19, 2013 3:57 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Get in mah belly!!!!

—Chris Christie

I want my baby back baby back baby back…I want my baby back baby back baby back…Chili’s…baby back ribs!

-Chris Christie

106 | February 19, 2013 3:58 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

As long as open primaries are allowed the lame stream obamamedia and leftwing noinformation voters will continue to select the Republican Candidates that they want to run against. Without real reform, nothing will change. Except for the worst… :evil:

108 | February 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Lily:

That’s what Charles Johnson sees when he suffers from Cheetos™ deprivation.

107. Lily
    109 | February 19, 2013 4:00 pm

@ heysoos:

The very, very sad thing is too many people actually believe this crap.
    I have listened to it from too many people and I wonder do they have a brain…..because honestly up is down and down is up. Too many people will adhere and stick to a person (politician) they don’t know rahter than be good to their own family. It’s insane.

108. Lily
    110 | February 19, 2013 4:02 pm

NBC’s Chuck Todd: Liberal Media Bias Is A Myth…

A myth?? Dear heavens there is really a lot of people who threw out their brain in the world today.

111 | February 19, 2013 4:02 pm

NBC’s Chuck Todd: Liberal Media Bias Is A Myth…

Chuck Todd’s intelligence is a myth

112 | February 19, 2013 4:02 pm

Questions about the Colorado gun control bill. When they ban magazines over 15 rounds, what happens to those that are already owned? Do they become illegal to own? Also, what’s the chance the bill makes it through the senate?

113 | February 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Lily wrote:

Well it went dead again…….
    Liberal theme song?????

Ah yes. The Joint Siblings. I think they were the Choom Gang’s favorite band.

114 | February 19, 2013 4:07 pm

huckfunn wrote:

They grandfathered ones currently owned. Not sure how it can actually be enforced, though.

I’d say that it has an excellent chance of getting through the Senate, and the governor will sign it.

One interesting thing is the amendment they added on the floor to exempt Colorado-based manufacturers, as long as they’re making magazines for sale outside the state. Obviously, a response to Magpul’s threat to leave the state.

So, according to the bill, these magazines are a “threat to public safety,” but it’s okay to sell them in the rest of the country?

115 | February 19, 2013 4:10 pm

Print your own gun

116 | February 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Gun expert Joe Biden imparts some of his wisdom:

Biden Tells Woman To “Buy A Shotgun,” “You Don’t Need An AR-15″ Because It’s “Harder To Aim”….

Mark Knoller✔ @markknoller

Biden says woman can deter a would-be intruder by firing two blasts of a double-barrel shotgun. He says an AR-15 is harder to aim & to use.

8:50 PM -- 19 Feb 13

14 Retweets 1 favorite

So…leaving aside the obviously untrue claim that a shotgun is easier to use than a .223 rifle, which has almost no recoil, Biden apparently can’t count to two.

Two shots from a double-barrelled shotgun leaves it empty.

117 | February 19, 2013 4:12 pm

Hard to enforce is right. How would they determine which ones are previously owned? Also, I read something that said if 3 dims vote against the bill, it’s dead. At any rate, sounds like you all need to do some house cleaning and kick a bunch of those bums out.

118 | February 19, 2013 4:12 pm

All lib gun control talk is just the veil for them to control all guns. See the westneat seattle times column where they let the cat slip out of the astroturf bag.

119 | February 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Of course, after emptying her double-barrelled shotgun, the woman still has the ability to vomit on herself.

120 | February 19, 2013 4:13 pm

darkwords wrote:

Print your own gun

darkwords wrote:

Print your own gun

print me up a full auto Thompson please…thanks bro

121 | February 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Lily wrote:

@ heysoos:

The very, very sad thing is too many people actually believe this crap.

Propaganda works.

120. EBL
    122 | February 19, 2013 4:14 pm

Kris Kristiekreme is electable for state offices in New Jersey. Maybe even as a Congressman or Senator. But that is about it. Kristiekreme will embarrass and beclown himself in the primaries.

123 | February 19, 2013 4:14 pm

Two shots from a double-barrelled shotgun leaves it empty.

Well, the gals will always have their whistles and “safe” places, or hadn’t you heard? ///

124 | February 19, 2013 4:15 pm

Gun expert Joe Biden imparts some of his wisdom:
    Mark Knoller✔ @markknoller
    8:50 PM — 19 Feb 13
    14 Retweets 1 favorite

Two shots from a double-barrelled shotgun leaves it empty.

exactly why I never bought that little coach gun I always wanted

125 | February 19, 2013 4:16 pm

@ huckfunn:

Since they all represent solidly Democrat districts, I don’t see how.

If you look at an electoral map of Colorado, the whole thing is red, except for a big blue blob in the middle. The Dems have all concentrated themselves in the Denver metro area.

126 | February 19, 2013 4:19 pm

Since they all represent solidly Democrat districts, I don’t see how.

Same story everywhere. The free candy is in the urban areas and that’s where the dems will go. Not much subsidized housing out in flyover country.

127 | February 19, 2013 4:20 pm

@ huckfunn:

It’s completely unenforcable. They even put a clause in that says that the burden of proof is on the prosecution if they want to charge someone under this law (which I’m pretty sure is the case, anyway, but these are Dems we’re talking about).

Unless they’re going to start inspecting cars coming into the state, I don’t see how they could make a case.

128 | February 19, 2013 4:21 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Since they all represent solidly Democrat districts, I don’t see how.

pigs don’t wander far from the trough…
    I made that up

129 | February 19, 2013 4:21 pm

huckfunn wrote:

When All Else Fails Vote From the Rooftops. :twisted:

130 | February 19, 2013 4:23 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    I knew it…I thought it’d be a pic of a Marine sniper…I like it

131 | February 19, 2013 4:24 pm

heysoos wrote:

pigs don’t wander far from the trough…
    I made that up

Very good! I guess that’s a mixed blessing. Those of us who live in non-urban areas are glad the piggies stay in the cities. Problem is when they’re all mobbed up like that, they make a heck of a mess for the rest of us.

132 | February 19, 2013 4:27 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    Yikes! Anyhoo, I gotta scoot.

bbl

133 | February 19, 2013 4:28 pm

huckfunn wrote:

heysoos wrote:
    pigs don’t wander far from the trough…
    I made that up

ABQ is very quiet and laid back for a city of almost 600k…it’s so spread out it’s like several small towns all linked together…I never hear any gunfire, hardly even a police siren, people are real cool with each other and alot of guns, guns all over the place, in the open

134 | February 19, 2013 4:30 pm

@ heysoos:

You must not go to the south valley much

135 | February 19, 2013 4:31 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

I like this one:

The Founders Would Be Shooting By Now

136 | February 19, 2013 4:33 pm

@ heysoos:
    You must not go to the south valley much

no, but that’s where the action is…I’m in the north valley 5mi from downtown…they say ‘Cops’ did more shows here than another other city, finally the mayor pulled the plug…there is gun violence here but not excessive, and mostly the same old gang stuff

137 | February 19, 2013 4:34 pm

ABQ cops are under federal investigation because of the number of cop killings…they will gun you down in a NY second

138 | February 19, 2013 4:36 pm

From November 2011:

Flashback: Obama Vows To Veto Any Effort To Undo Sequester Cuts…

President Obama is promising to veto any effort to undo the automatic spending cuts that are set to take effect now that the congressional supercommittee has announced its failure to strike a deal to cut $1.2 trillion from the deficit over the next 10 years.

“Already some in Congress are trying to undo these automatic spending cuts. My message to them is simple: No,” Mr. Obama said from the White House briefing room Monday evening. “I will veto any effort to get rid of those automatic spending cuts to domestic and defense spending.”

“There will be no easy off ramps on this one.,” he added.

139 | February 19, 2013 4:39 pm

From November 2011:
    Flashback: Obama Vows To Veto Any Effort To Undo Sequester Cuts…
    “There will be no easy off ramps on this one.,” he added.

that should be on national tv every night…he seems to have no clue

140 | February 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Poll: By Almost Three-To-One Margin Americans Say Creating Jobs “More Important” Than Global Warming…

Of course, since the Dems don’t give a crap about what the public wants, it won’t matter.

141 | February 19, 2013 4:43 pm

@ heysoos:

that should be on national tv every night…he seems to have no clue

No, he thinks that we have no clue.

The whole sequester thing that he’s railing against now was his idea in the first place.

He’s counting on his allies in the media not to bring that inconvenient fact up.

142 | February 19, 2013 4:47 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

I like this one:

The Founders Would Be Shooting By Now

Dat’s a good one. We all know by now that as far as the DHS and their Boss is concerned Thomas Jefferson would be a hunted fugitive from justice. :roll:

143 | February 19, 2013 4:55 pm

heysoos wrote:

From November 2011:
    Flashback: Obama Vows To Veto Any Effort To Undo Sequester Cuts…
    “There will be no easy off ramps on this one.,” he added.

that should be on national tv every night…he seems to have no clue

Whose national TV?? I ask only because everyone here knows it will never be run on the Government controlled lame stream obamamedia in this Universe…

144 | February 19, 2013 5:01 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

Exactly. The only channel that would show it is FNC, which is basically preaching to the choir.

The rest of them would pretend that it was fake if they had to acknowledge it at all.

145 | February 19, 2013 5:04 pm

The lead segment on The Five today is that idiot state rep’s comments about women not being able to safely use guns to defend themselves.

144. yenta-fada
    146 | February 19, 2013 5:13 pm

Here’s the WH staff toiling up the steps of Air Force One carrying golf bags. Obviously just what that plane was designed for. /

147 | February 19, 2013 5:18 pm

I think I’ve found the problem. Obama never took basic math:

Obama Claims He Has Cut The Deficit By $2.5 Trillion…

President Barack Obama claimed today that since he has been president both parties have worked together to cut the federal deficit by $2.5 trillion—despite the fact that the national debt has increased $5.19 trillion during Obama’s presidency, which more than it increased under all presidents from George Washington through Bill Clinton combined.

148 | February 19, 2013 5:20 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Cost of Air Force One trips to and from Florida, along with hotel rooms, greens fees and exclusive golf lessons comes to $989,207

Sounds about like what I did last weekend.

Oh, wait…actually, I rented 2 DVDs with a coupon from Redbox for a total cost of $1.50

149 | February 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Amen for Life.

Local doctors find life-saving treatment for medical mystery

ht -- WPXI-Pittsburgh

148. 150 | February 19, 2013 5:33 pm

New Thread

149. 151 | February 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Gun expert Joe Biden imparts some of his wisdom:
    Mark Knoller✔ @markknoller
    8:50 PM — 19 Feb 13
    14 Retweets 1 favorite

Two shots from a double-barrelled shotgun leaves it empty.

True.

OTOH, a twelve-gauge at point blank range will blow an assailant’s head off. But in case of multiple assailants, or somebody shooting at you from some distance, you’ll need the five-round autoloader.

152 | February 19, 2013 9:15 pm

@ 1389AD:

I prefer my 8-shot pump.

Biden wasn’t even talking about actually shooting someone. He was talking about scaring them off.