Justin Raimondo attacks Rand Paul’s support of Israel and anti-Islamist stance

by Rodan ( 83 Comments › )
Filed under Uncategorized at February 20th, 2013 - 7:00 am

RaimondoCig

Ron Paul attracted kooks like Justin Raimondo because of his anti-Israel and Pro-Islamist stances. Rand Paul has rejected his father’s lunacy and has adopted a the traditional realistic foreign policy approach of the pre-George W. Bush Republican Party. This stance has angered  fans of his father like the vile vicious America hater, Dennis Raimondo.

The vile Dennis “Justin” Raimondo writes a nasty hate fill rant against Rand Paul. He also takes shots at Israel, Evangelical Christians and accuses Rand Paul of selling out.

Sen. Rand Paul wants to be taken seriously – as a presidential candidate, as heir to the energetic youth-oriented movement founded by his father, and as a foreign policy Deep Thinker. This last goal was supposed to have been approached, if not reached, by his much-anticipated foreign policy speech delivered at the Heritage Foundation the other day, which was supposed to give wonkish heft to his presidential ambitions.

Barely twenty minutes long, Sen. Paul’s peroration was two thirds Glenn Beck, and one third Robert Taft – with a dash of George Kennan thrown in for good measure. Right off the bat, however, he made the point he wanted to make: I am not my father. To which one can only add: you can say that again.

“Foreign policy,” averred Paul the Younger, “is uniquely an arena where we should base decisions on the landscape of the world as it is . . . not as we wish it to be. I see the world as it is. I am a realist, not a neoconservative, nor an isolationist.”

What is telling about his opening shot is how deftly he utilizes the language of the War Party to define – and restrict – the parameters of the foreign policy debate. As paleoconservative foreign policy analyst Daniel Larison has tirelessly pointed out, there is no such thing as “isolationism” in American politics: not today, not yesterday, and not ever. No one believes the US should isolate itself from the world and turn this country – connected to the rest of the globe by innumerable ties of trade, sympathy, and kinship – into the Western equivalent of the Hermit Kingdom. “Isolationism” is an epithet rather than a description of anyone’s real views, meant to stifle discussion rather than advance it.

[....]

While in Israel, Sen. Paul gave his blessing to the government’s aggressive “settlement” program, and attacked his own government for trying to interfere with this thinly disguised ethnic cleansing campaign.

One would think a supposed “libertarian” would be standing there right by the Palestinian olive groves as the IDF bulldozes them, along with privately owned Palestinian homes, defending the property rights of the dispossessed, and speaking out against this brazen exercise of eminent domain – as he would if it happened in this country.

But no – because that doesn’t fit in with the theology of those who paid for the good Senator’s trip. They believe Israel must be unconditionally supported on the grounds that it’s God’s Will. Israel has a special place in their hearts because the ingathering of the Jews to their historic homeland is seen as one more sign that we are truly living in the End Times – and war between the Forces of Light and the Forces of Darkness is imminent.

[....]

Here is a rhetorical jambalaya that combines all the themes of the backwoods born-gain types with the more sophisticated paranoia of the Israel lobby’s neoconservative intellectuals. Never mind that it makes no sense to conflate Iran with Egypt’s Sunni radicals: this dish, served up piping hot, is what Sen. Paul and his claque hope will whet the appetite of far-right activists for Paul in 2016.

This was a hate fill rantings of a mad man. Dennis “Justin” Raimondo is a Jew hating Islamist apologist who is no better than a roach. Like all roaches, you have to shine the light on him occasionally.

Tags: , ,

Comments

83 Responses to “Justin Raimondo attacks Rand Paul’s support of Israel and anti-Islamist stance”

1. 1 | February 20, 2013 7:30 am

As they say, “you know you’re over the target when you start attracting enemy fire”. Rand seems to be touching a nerve or two.

I don’t know who this dude is, but from this and his other writings he seems to favor preemptive capitulation over any type of conflict, a position that even a minuscule number of clerics would share.

Yep, that sentence stands pretty much on its own; no comment necessary.

2. 2 | February 20, 2013 7:39 am

Justin Raimondo is one reason I no longer call myself a Libertarian. Ron Paul is the other. The Libertarian Party has become a party of kooks, anti-Semites, and anti-Americans. Can Rand Paul transcend that? I don’t know. He looks sane. As such, the kooks and nuts will reject him.

3. 3 | February 20, 2013 7:49 am

I agree, I wouldn’t have a thing to do with the Libertarian Party. That said, I consider myself a libertarian, as did William F. Buckley who was actually a libertarian/conservative hybrid.. The wackos have completely soiled the word as they have so many others.

4. Fritz Katz
    4 | February 20, 2013 8:01 am

Raimondo is a hate-filled liar. I personally called him out eleven years ago for faking a story in his ‘AntiWar’ site that the Israelis knew about 9-11 before it happened. His ‘proof’ was a video clip that turned out to be doctored from a publicly available DVD.

Over at FreeRepublic, any mention of Raimondo will result in your posts getting deleted by the moderators.

You can’t blame Libertarianism for Kool-aid drinkers like Raimondo & Ron Paul any more than you can blame Christianity for the Rev. Jim Jones’s Kool-aid drinkers in 1978 Jonestown, Guyana.

5. Moe Katz
    5 | February 20, 2013 8:09 am

Penis size matters to female golden moles

6. 6 | February 20, 2013 8:11 am

@ Fritz Katz:

Calling this guy “libertarian” is like calling Islam “spiritual”. Rush is wont to say “words mean things”…..alas, that’s not always the case.

7. sk (skzion)
    7 | February 20, 2013 8:12 am

I had dismissed Rand Paul before. I now admit, though, that he is less pro-Islam than most other politicos. Pity he’s bad on immigration.

At least he may be a whole lot better on domestic policy than W. and of course Hussein.

8. 8 | February 20, 2013 8:25 am

Fritz Katz wrote:

Jim Jones’s Kool-aid drinkers in 1978 Jonestown, Guyana.

Jim Jones was a Communist. It was the People’s Temple. It had nothing to remotely do with Christianity. It was a Left-wing outfit from the get go.

9. 9 | February 20, 2013 8:44 am

@ Fritz Katz:

Raimondo is a vile man.

10. 10 | February 20, 2013 8:47 am

I hate Raimondo.

11. 11 | February 20, 2013 8:47 am

@ MacDuff:

He did a post once that he wishes Japan had won WWII.

12. 12 | February 20, 2013 8:50 am

@ sk (skzion):

Aint that the truth!

13. 13 | February 20, 2013 8:53 am

It was Liberation Theology.

14 | February 20, 2013 8:56 am

I’d like to shove that cigarette up his ass, lit side inwards.

15 | February 20, 2013 8:57 am

MacDuff wrote:

Like me, you area a small “l” libertarian.

16 | February 20, 2013 8:58 am

According to the Israel haters, every Palestinian has a huge grove of olive trees.

17. 17 | February 20, 2013 8:58 am

Speranza wrote:

I’d like to shove that cigarette up his ass, lit side inwards.

He would enjoy that.

18. 18 | February 20, 2013 8:59 am

Speranza wrote:

Yeah what is up with this olive tree crap? I see that all the time.

19 | February 20, 2013 9:00 am

Speranza wrote:

Yeah what is up with this olive tree crap? I see that all the time.

It is part of the formula. Olive trees to the left of me, olive trees to the right of me, olive trees straight ahead.

20 | February 20, 2013 9:01 am

Speranza wrote:
    I’d like to shove that cigarette up his ass, lit side inwards.

He would enjoy that.

His friend Pat Buchanan would probably love to do that.

21 | February 20, 2013 9:02 am

@ MacDuff:
    He did a post once that he wishes Japan had won WWII.

He sure did. He did it in August 2001. He wrote that the wrong side won the Pacific War.

22. 22 | February 20, 2013 9:03 am

@ Speranza:

This was the post I did on that.

23. 23 | February 20, 2013 9:04 am

@ Speranza:

Buchanan who hates Gays is beloved by Raimondo. It really is a twisted world.

24. 24 | February 20, 2013 9:07 am

@ Speranza:

Anyone that knows the history of Japan in China and still supports Japan is a de facto supporter of genocide. Japan was horrific in China. They claim to be anti-colonialist, yet they support the Japanese Empire. The truth is that they are anti-Americans, period. They hate this country as much a Obama does, and for many of the same reasons.

25. 25 | February 20, 2013 9:11 am

In the case of Raimondo, he hates America because he thinks we are controlled by Marxists. There is some truth to that, but Raimondo takes his hatred of Marxists and turns it into America hatred.

One of the reasons I read why Raimondo was Pro Japanese was he had a Japanese boyfriend at the time of that post (2000).

26. 26 | February 20, 2013 9:19 am

That’s really no excuse. Most Japanese are horrified by what Japan did in China durin gWorld War Two. The Rape of Nanking was dishonorable under almost anybody’s code.

27. 27 | February 20, 2013 9:22 am

The Rape of Nanking was dishonorable under almost anybody’s code.

It was a low point in Japanese history. Raimondo probably dated some Japanese Nationalist who harbors a grudge against America. It shows you how vile a character Raimondo is.

28. 28 | February 20, 2013 9:27 am

Why does anybody give a shit what this unknown loser has to say about anything? I mean, seriously -- there’s nothing else going on? This is a kind of pseudo-political “American Idol” thing… Or maybe (for those old enough to remember) “Queen for a Day.” Give him a new washing machine and send him home. Meanwhile, there are plenty of outright communists on TV and in congress that actually have at least some political influence…

29. 29 | February 20, 2013 9:32 am

@ Mike C.:
    Not every thread has to be so serious. Raimondo is proof that there are loons on the Right as well.

30 | February 20, 2013 9:32 am

@ Mike C.:
    Don’t worry, we will have another “Obama sucks” thread coming up later.

31 | February 20, 2013 9:33 am

The Rape of Nanking was dishonorable under almost anybody’s code.

A male Japanese nationalist.

32. 32 | February 20, 2013 9:33 am

33 | February 20, 2013 9:34 am

@ Speranza:

Not only in China but in the Philipines , Singapore, Burma, and Korea.

34. 34 | February 20, 2013 9:34 am

@ Speranza:

Raimondo is such a disgusting creature.

35. 35 | February 20, 2013 9:40 am

You’d have to be pretty dim-witted to not know there are plenty of loons on “the right.”

@ Speranza:

I already know Obama sucks.

36. 36 | February 20, 2013 9:45 am

@ Mike C.:

Raimondo is one of the worse.

37. 37 | February 20, 2013 9:46 am

Speranza wrote:

Like me, you area a small “l” libertarian.

I am. My problem with “conservatism” as currently constituted is that it’s all about liberty, until it comes to something that they don’t agree with or find morally reprehensible. They’re oft too intent on “saving people from themselves”. I’ve been accused of supporting anarchy, I don’t. I believe in an ordered society, yet one that places a premium on the liberty of the individual, and the word “liberty” is key- there’s a reason it is continually used in our founding documents in lieu of “freedom”. “Liberty” assumes responsibility for one’s actions (as in “may I take the liberty of…….”), freedom does not.

38. 38 | February 20, 2013 9:51 am

@ Mike C.:
    Raimondo is one of the worse.

And has about the same influence on current political affairs as Charles Johnson. Who cares?

39. 39 | February 20, 2013 9:53 am

@ MacDuff:

I agree with you 100%!

40. 40 | February 20, 2013 9:54 am

@ Mike C.:

So why don’t you do threads about important subjects?

41. 41 | February 20, 2013 9:55 am

@ MacDuff:

They’re oft too intent on “saving people from themselves”

Just like Progressives.

42 | February 20, 2013 10:10 am

Dig that “tough guy” persona Raimondo is trying to affect.

43 | February 20, 2013 10:11 am

MacDuff wrote:

Amen brother. They don’t like judicial activism unless it is judges banning abortion.

44. 44 | February 20, 2013 10:12 am

@ Speranza:

He acts like he some hardcore Hip tough guy. Yet I have seen videos of him and his voice does him no justice.

45 | February 20, 2013 10:12 am

@ Speranza:
    Raimondo is such a disgusting creature.

He is repulsive as are most paleocons. Have you ever heard of Paul Craig Roberts? Another whackadoodle!

46. 46 | February 20, 2013 10:14 am

@ Speranza:

Many of these “Conservatives” are just Williams Jennings Bryan Progressives. Santorum would not have been considered a Conservatives back in the 80′s but is now some hero to many. He’s a jokester who should be laughed out of politics.

47. 47 | February 20, 2013 10:15 am

@ Mike C.:
    So why don’t you do threads about important subjects?

Sorry -- not my blog. I’m just a commentor here. If I find something I think is interesting, I post a link to it. Sometimes I think it is important, sometimes I think it is interesting, sometimes I think it’s funny or just plain odd. Like everybody else. But I do try to maintain those distinctions.

48 | February 20, 2013 10:15 am

@ Speranza:

A member of the VDare crowd.

49 | February 20, 2013 10:15 am

@ Speranza:

He can join Herman Cain and Scott Brown on Fox.

50. 50 | February 20, 2013 10:16 am

@ Speranza:

Yes, he’s a nasty vile hater as well.

51. 51 | February 20, 2013 10:18 am

@ Mike C.:

Raimondo goes under the Odd category.

52. 52 | February 20, 2013 10:18 am

@ Speranza:

That’s hysterical considering that many of them hate Gays and even Italians.

53 | February 20, 2013 10:19 am

I saw O’Reilly last night interviewing first Brown and later Cain. I wish to God that O’Reilly would learn to shut up at times. I also noticed that he never calls guys by their last names but he does that to women. He calls Gretchen Carlson “Carlson” but he calls Charles Krauthammer “Charles”.

54 | February 20, 2013 10:20 am

@ Speranza:
    That’s hysterical considering that many of them hate Gays and even Italians.

They hate non WASP’s with the exception of maybe Irish Catholics and Serbs.

55 | February 20, 2013 10:21 am

Raimondo in that photo looks a bit like the late (great) French actor Yves Montand.

56. 56 | February 20, 2013 10:23 am

@ Speranza:

They only like Serbs because Necons hate Serbia.

57. 57 | February 20, 2013 10:26 am

Serbia is the only subject that Raimondo is right on. What I do not get is how he can support Serbia, than be against Israel when both nations have fought the same enemy? It boggles my mind Raimondo’s stance.

58. 58 | February 20, 2013 10:26 am

Just like Progressives.

They’re authoritarians; I didn’t like ‘em back in the day and I like ‘em even less now. My revulsion has aged like a fine wine. Hell hath no fury like an old hippie who was shown the light by Ronald Reagan.

59. 59 | February 20, 2013 10:30 am

FSA official urges Lebanon Sunnis to threaten Hezbollah

A Free Syrian Army official in Homs called on residents of two predominantly Sunni Lebanese towns to threaten and impede Hezbollah’s alleged military activities in Syria’s Homs province.

“We hope that [Tripoli and Arsal residents] will… cut [Hezbollah’s] supply lines to Syria, and that they will [seek to prevent] Hezbollah from shelling their positions,” Hadi al-Abdallah said in a video posted on YouTube.

The FSA official urged Tripoli and Arsal residents to help the rebels in the Syrian border town of Qusayr and the greater Homs region, “because Qusayr’s fall is not only dangerous for Homs’ Sunnis, but also endangers the Sunnis living in Tripoli and Arsal.”

60. 60 | February 20, 2013 10:30 am

Current Fox News website headline…

Boehner Fires Back at Obama on
    Sequester: You Created It, You Fix It

Heh.

61. 61 | February 20, 2013 10:32 am

@ MacDuff:

Its all about control.

62. 62 | February 20, 2013 10:41 am

Couldn’t be that Israel is full of JOOOOOOS, could it?

@ Mike C.:

The pork in the Hurricane Sandy bill would have paid for every one of those “cuts” that Oblahblah was so hysterical about yesterday (betcha you didn’t know $43 billion paid for so much, did you?)

Perhaps Oblahblah can find that $43 billion in the over $125 billion in government WASTE produced every year by various Governmental agencies and departments. Oh no, can’t do that. That might require actual WORK.

63. 63 | February 20, 2013 10:43 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Obama intends to waste that money. What you call government waste, he calls money into his cronys pockets, and that translates into money in the DNC coffers. Obama is the biggest thief in history. He has stolen more money than all the bankrobbers in all of history combined.

64 | February 20, 2013 10:45 am

@ Carolina Girl:

There’s a hell of a lot more than $125 billion in waste in the federal government. That’s just the blatant stuff where programs duplicate each other and the like.

Probably a third of federal employees produce nothing of actual value to the public.

65. 65 | February 20, 2013 10:46 am

Do not be shocked if OFA’s infrastructure was built with the money stolen via the stimulus.

66 | February 20, 2013 10:48 am

I’d be shocked if it wasn’t.

67. 67 | February 20, 2013 10:49 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Couldn’t be that Israel is full of JOOOOOOS, could it?

Even still it makes no sense to support the Muzz. I am no fan of Hinduism, yet I support India against the Muzz. Then again I am consistant in my stance.

There are some Conservatives who support Israel, but supported Al-Qaeda, Hizballah and Iran vs. The Serbs because they hate Orthodox Slavs. So I guess in Raimondo’s case he hates Jews so much, that he supports Islamic Jihadists he normally would oppose.

It’s all just illogical to me.

68. 68 | February 20, 2013 10:50 am

I actually read that somewhere, but forgot. It makes perfect snese how they have built that machine.

69. 69 | February 20, 2013 10:53 am

Same in Cali. While Moonbeam and the legislature were singing their tale of woe, enterprising news station found out about several people working for the State with nice job titles who came to work, logged into their computers, played video games for 8 hours online, logged out and went home. Didn’t do any work at all because they had no work given to them to do.

70. 70 | February 20, 2013 10:55 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Did you see that Brown bragging about a surplus this year turned out to be delusional?

71 | February 20, 2013 11:03 am

Brown bragging while brown-bagging?

72. 72 | February 20, 2013 11:04 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:

I can’t believe that guy is still around.

73. 73 | February 20, 2013 11:12 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Brown is delusional. Also narcissic as Obama. Couldn’t stand that his final public office would be Attorney General so he believed a loophole allowed him to run for Governor again because the two-term rule was passed after he’d served two terms.

He’s poised to attack Prop 13 in the next statewide non-primary election. He believes his success in passing Prop 30 shows he’s still got his mojo.

Think so, Jer? Ask around. People are PISSED about the new taxes. They aren’t going to give the legislature carte blanche to raise them (right now you need 2/3rds of voters to raise taxes -- they tried to get around it by calling new revenue generating schemes “fees.” Proposition put a stop to THAT too.

74 | February 20, 2013 11:14 am

@ Carolina Girl:

There’s a reason the Dems always talk about how they’ll have to close National Parks, or stop inspecting food, or let all the federal prisoners out when anyone suggests cutting $5 from the federal budget.

It would never occur to them to get rid of the diversity officer assigned to every local office of every federal department, for example.

75. 75 | February 20, 2013 11:17 am

‘Private’ Protection: Bombproof underwear on show at UAE expo

Save the… uhm peckers?

76 | February 20, 2013 11:22 am

Obama will probably call for the homeowner to be tried:

St. Louis “Knockout Game” Thug Shot And Killed After Breaking Into Home Of Armed American…

The teenager shot and killed by a homeowner while allegedly breaking into the man’s house had been in the news before. In fact, FOX2 has learned, he was once charged in the case that made the phrase “knockout game” common in St. Louis.

Demetrius Murphy, 15, died Friday morning after he and another teen, Michael Bryant, allegedly tried to break into a man’s home on Tennessee. Police say the homeowner emerged with a gun. Bryant ran, but they say Murphy confronted him and was shot and killed.

When it happened, the ears of Matt Quain perked up. It was back in 2011 that Quain and a friend were walking along Grand, returning from a “beer run” to Schnucks, when they say a group of teens jumped them. Quain was beaten badly, suffering neck injuries and a broken jaw. He was discovered bleeding in the street by Mayor Francis Slay and his security guard.

Murphy, just thirteen at the time, was the one identified by Quain as his attacker. Sources tell Fox 2 that Murphy was headed to trial in the “knockout game” case, but a young witness suddenly refused to testify, forcing the charges to be dropped.

Looks like a citizen saved the taxpayers a bunch of money.

77. 77 | February 20, 2013 11:26 am

Wonder how much they’d save if they got rid of the Dept. of Edumacation “SWAT teams” or revenue gained if they sold the ammo bought by the Social Security Administration on the open market right now?

78. 78 | February 20, 2013 11:27 am

Thinning the thug herd -- one animal at a time.

79 | February 20, 2013 11:42 am

mskelly wrote:

‘Private’ Protection: Bombproof underwear on show at UAE expo
    Save the… uhm peckers?

They need to be able to take care of the 72 virgins.

80. 80 | February 20, 2013 11:43 am

@ Carolina Girl:

That’s really the only thing that works. Look at this little thug. He’d been caught for a violent crime two years ago, and he was still out on the streets. I’m just glad he didn’t have a gun and shoot the homeowner. Thugs like this are why everybody needs to carry a gun. You have a right to protect yourself against thugs like this.

81 | February 20, 2013 11:47 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Why not just retreat to a “safe zone”? //
    Ducks.
    New thread is up.

82 | February 20, 2013 11:49 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Think so, Jer? Ask around. People are PISSED about the new taxes. They aren’t going to give the legislature carte blanche to raise them (right now you need 2/3rds of voters to raise taxes — they tried to get around it by calling new revenue generating schemes “fees.” Proposition put a stop to THAT too.

and Governor Moon beam has no idea why so many hard working Californians want to go to Texas.

83. 83 | February 20, 2013 11:52 am