A Moon Full

by Bunk X ( 77 Comments › )
Filed under Art, Astronomy, Humor, OOT, Open thread at February 24th, 2013 - 11:00 pm

Full Moon

Posted by: qwertymkonji

Maybe this is related to the sun spot solar cycle? Maybe different magnitudes of “disturbance” (ala torsion field effect and electromagnetism) have something to do with it as well.

Hmmmmm

Posted by: Jenny

my cat has been acting weird and I looked at the sky and saw that it was a full moon so I looked this up And read that they could get hurt.
First he was at the door meowing so I let him out I thought it was a animal but there was no animal near.He is still at the door meowing five min. later And he bit me but he hasn’t bit me in two years.

Posted by: Amy

My dog was acting crazy last night…really hyperactive.

I checked today and it was a full moon last night, then I looked this up.

I will certainly keep an eye on him now around the time of a full moon as he has epilepsy and I dont want him to do anything that could trigger a fit.

Posted by: Irene

God,I was walking my dog,and we sat ’cause i really really wanted to watch the moon(have some kind of addict) ,and my dog suddenly turned around to the moon(it’s full moon)..His eyes started to sparkle,and the thing that freaked the sh*t out of me – he started to nod to the moon . After that he was looking at me strange..
I do not understand.That have never happened before.

Image (with comments posted verbatim) from here. Now get down on all fours, drop your haunches, raise your muzzles and howl all you want to on
The Overnight Open Thread.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

77 Responses to “A Moon Full”

1. AZfederalist
    1 | February 24, 2013 11:07 pm

Does that explain the crazies in D.C.

2 | February 24, 2013 11:16 pm

@ AZfederalist:

In the swamp, the moon is ALWAYS full.

3. 3 | February 24, 2013 11:19 pm

@ AZfederalist:
    It explains how Obama got re-elected.

Years ago, the pre-missus and I stepped outside to look at a lunar eclipse. Several people stopped and looked up as well. An adult woman said, “That’s caused by the sun moving between the Earth and the Moon, right?” I proceeded to educate her.

“You’re absolutely correct,” I said, and no one contradicted me. True story.

4 | February 24, 2013 11:25 pm

5 | February 24, 2013 11:29 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

inspired by Dylan…that’s cool

6 | February 24, 2013 11:34 pm

it’s raining in Texas…
    from our fathers down in the Delta to this…tres kewl
    get some

7 | February 24, 2013 11:34 pm

bummer..vids don’t link…look it up on your own

8 | February 24, 2013 11:36 pm

SRV is way beyond just good…a once in a lifetime sorta guy

9 | February 24, 2013 11:47 pm

Joe B plays the Texas blues…

10. 10 | February 24, 2013 11:51 pm

@ Bumr50:

Misheard lyrics from that song ‘Yeah, the bathroom’s on the right’.

No moon visible here at all. We’re supposed to get 8-14″ of snow in the next 36 hours.

11 | February 24, 2013 11:52 pm

Joe B is the premier guitar player of our time…

12 | February 24, 2013 11:56 pm

have mercy!
    httpv://www.theblogmocracy.com/2013/02/24/a-moon-full/#comment-1173216

13 | February 24, 2013 11:57 pm

14 | February 25, 2013 12:07 am

SRV kickin with his boss, his mentor…

15. 15 | February 25, 2013 12:12 am

@ heysoos:
    Haysoos-- You have a copy of “Dylan Hears A Who?” I do. :D
    Lemme know if you want it.

16. 16 | February 25, 2013 12:14 am

@ mfhorn:

17 | February 25, 2013 12:16 am

Bunk X wrote:

@ heysoos:
    Haysoos-- You have a copy of “Dylan Hears A Who?” I do.
    Lemme know if you want it.

yo Bunk…this thread needs CRP..never heard of Hears A Who….teach me bro…post something from it

18. 18 | February 25, 2013 12:23 am

@ heysoos:
    Can’t! It was yanked from the interwebs for copyright violations. It’s Bob Dylan singing Dr. Seuess.

19. 19 | February 25, 2013 12:28 am

@ heysoos:

20 | February 25, 2013 12:34 am

there is a record out there called ‘Waiting For Columbus’ by Little Feat and many friends including Tower Of Power Horns, an epic album, one of the greatest live records ever…it was recorded in Europe and the Lisner Theater in DC back in 1978…in 2003 I think, they did a show with all those people and more as a tribute record…I had a big time, all area security pass so I went to rehearsals, hung out, spent most of my time backstage, met a bunch of players, sucked up the glitterami etc…pretty cool…and I got to meet TofPH sax player Lenny Picket who does the music for SNL…he’s a close friend of my landlord and hails fro Las Cruces…I’m rambling now…go see your local blues player, he may be the next guy

21 | February 25, 2013 12:37 am

@ Bunk X:
    Dylan is a very strange guy…certainly unpredictable

22 | February 25, 2013 12:42 am

Waiting For Columbus…
    Mick Taylor/Lowell George duet…
    this is for only rough and tumble fans…but here it is, live

23. 23 | February 25, 2013 12:50 am

@ heysoos:
    That “album” was a parody. I saved it, and thought I had a .zip ready to send, complete with sleeve graphics. If I find it I’ll send it.
    Aside from that, I’ve been combing through my vinyl, and found something interesting. I’ll prolly crosspost it here.

24 | February 25, 2013 12:55 am

Bunk X wrote:

@ heysoos:

old boots and obscure shows is like rock and roll archeology…I’m definitely in…I’ve seen Little Feat like 250 times and have a pile of shows 2 feet tall…it’s even more than the music, it’s the vibe that is so precious…live music…I’ve seen Little Feat in like 25 states

25. 25 | February 25, 2013 1:00 am

@ heysoos:
    No guarantees, but watch yinzbox.

26 | February 25, 2013 1:04 am

Little Feat covers the great Alan Toussaint’s ‘Two Trains’…
    max NOLA sound…quiz next week
    httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=1Qnn_B0xILU&feature=endscreen

27 | February 25, 2013 1:06 am

@ Bunk X:
    my vids are not embedding…yinz alert is noted

28 | February 25, 2013 1:06 am

Chicken muzac

29. citizen_q
    29 | February 25, 2013 1:07 am

Howdy sorry for the the quick drive by. Was waiting on confirmation that things looked good by the team for a supported App after doing some work and I saw this tragic story in the UK Mail

Boy, 9, found hanged ‘was bullied for being white’

A boy of nine who was found hanged is believed to have killed himself after he was ‘bullied for being white’ by an Asian gang at school.

Aaron Dugmore – thought to be one of the youngest children in the UK to commit suicide – was discovered in his bedroom after being tormented for months, his parents said.

They said Aaron was threatened with a plastic knife by one Asian pupil, who warned him: ‘Next time it will be a real one.’

He was also allegedly told by another pupil that ‘all the white people should be dead’ and he was forced to hide from the bullies in the playground at lunchtime.

Aaron’s mother, Kelly-Marie Dugmore, 30, and stepfather Paul Jones, 43, said that despite complaints to the school, nothing was done to stop the bullying.

Everyone knows that in a UK paper Asian generally means muslim.

30. citizen_q
    30 | February 25, 2013 1:09 am

Good night, see ya in a few hours to start the work day.

31 | February 25, 2013 1:10 am

Little Feat…
    I never planned profanity,
    it just rolls off my tongue….

32. 32 | February 25, 2013 1:12 am

@ heysoos:
    Link sent to a temp download. Have at it. :D

33 | February 25, 2013 1:13 am

gonna hoist your flag, and beat your drum

34. 34 | February 25, 2013 1:14 am

@ citizen_q:
    Saw that story. “Asian” means “Muslim” now?

35 | February 25, 2013 1:15 am

@ Bunk X:
    snagged, thanks for that…I’m a bit more cool or it

36. 36 | February 25, 2013 1:17 am

@ citizen_q:
    Why are the faces blunked out on that page?

37. 37 | February 25, 2013 1:23 am

@ citizen_q:

Everyone knows that in a UK paper Asian generally means muslim.

Link?

38. 38 | February 25, 2013 1:25 am

@ heysoos:
    It was a classic when it first showed up. Looks like a lot of others snagged it, too, besides me.

39. Calo
    39 | February 25, 2013 1:33 am

@ Bunk X:

40 | February 25, 2013 1:33 am

LF covers the Band…
    Rag Momma Rag…tre kewl, down in Jamaica….
    a hell of a party

41. 41 | February 25, 2013 1:37 am

@ Calo:
    Got it. Gimme something besides Wikipedia.

42 | February 25, 2013 1:38 am

@ Calo:

I see the Dems got their way with the Oscars.

Too bad. Zero Dark Thirty was actually pretty good.

43 | February 25, 2013 1:39 am

Bunk X wrote:

@ Calo:
    Got it. Gimme something besides Wikipedia.

It’s pretty common knowledge. The UK media has been using “Asian” as code for their domestic Muslim population for awhile now.

44. 45 | February 25, 2013 1:48 am

OK, so I re-edited the images on one of my songs, with photoshopped images of Barky McDogeater made by Hot Air commentator Bmore. Let me know what you think…

45. Calo
    46 | February 25, 2013 1:50 am

Don’t know, just watched the pre show stuff, and missed most of the dresses.
    But this one looked hot.

47 | February 25, 2013 1:53 am

@ Calo:

I watched The Walking Dead.

I figure the zombies are smarter than most of the people at the Oscars, anyway.

47. Calo
    48 | February 25, 2013 1:55 am

I was already called a stalker tonight on BTR.

So, I refuse to click onto that utube for fear of being called one again.

48. 49 | February 25, 2013 1:55 am

@ Calo:
    I watched The Walking Dead.
    I figure the zombies are smarter than most of the people at the Oscars, anyway.

Meh, pretty much the same don’t ya think, their all Obama voters…

49. 50 | February 25, 2013 1:56 am

Calo wrote:

I was already called a stalker tonight on BTR.
    So, I refuse to click onto that utube for fear of being called one again.

:razz:

51 | February 25, 2013 1:58 am

Zero Dark Thirty was an order of magnitude better than Hurt Locker. I almost didn’t make it all the way through that waste of film.

But it portrayed American troops as psychos, so Hollywood loved it.

Zero Dark Thirty went against the Democrat/far left narrative, so it couldn’t be allowed to win anything.

What’s really funny is the way it turned out, compared to what everyone expected. When it was going to be released prior to the election, conservatives were all up in arms, because they thought it would make Obama look good. It really doesn’t.

51. 52 | February 25, 2013 1:59 am

Bunk X wrote:

@ citizen_q:
    Saw that story. “Asian” means “Muslim” now?

Technically, it referred to people from colonial India; what is now India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. That immigrant population used to be largely hindu and sikh, now not so much.

53 | February 25, 2013 1:59 am

doriangrey wrote:

@ Calo:
    I watched The Walking Dead.
    I figure the zombies are smarter than most of the people at the Oscars, anyway.
    Meh, pretty much the same don’t ya think, their all Obama voters…

Yeah, except that you get in trouble for shooting Obama voters in the head.

54 | February 25, 2013 2:02 am

@ Mike C.:

Usually when you see “Asian” in the UK media these days, it’s in the context of one of them being the suspect or defendant in some crime.

Indians don’t tend to be troublemakers in the UK.

54. 55 | February 25, 2013 2:09 am

doriangrey wrote:
    @ Calo:
    I watched The Walking Dead.
    I figure the zombies are smarter than most of the people at the Oscars, anyway.
    Meh, pretty much the same don’t ya think, their all Obama voters…
    Yeah, except that you get in trouble for shooting Obama voters in the head.

Bloody damned shame that, if you ask me. A body ought to get some kind of reward for doing it, should be considered a public service at the very least.

55. 56 | February 25, 2013 2:17 am

@ Mike C.:
    Indians don’t tend to be troublemakers in the UK.

This is true. Hence the morphing of the word.

56. Calo
    57 | February 25, 2013 2:21 am

I’ll look, but don’t you dare call me names for voicing an opinion on the innnernut.

57. 58 | February 25, 2013 2:35 am

There was BTR tonight? pooop

58. 59 | February 25, 2013 2:39 am

@ Calo:

Opps…don’t look… I deleted it, will be replacing it shortly with an improved version… :oops:

59. Calo
    60 | February 25, 2013 2:40 am

@ Bunk X:
    Elsewhere in the blogosphere tonight.

60. 61 | February 25, 2013 2:41 am

@ Calo:
    Well that’s different. The 40oz guys.

61. 62 | February 25, 2013 2:46 am

Guess I live in a cave. Never heard that one. I know that in some circles NeoCon is code for Jew, but Asian=Muslim is a new one for me.

62. 63 | February 25, 2013 2:48 am

I think the video has been removed by the user.

63. 64 | February 25, 2013 2:52 am

Bunk X wrote:

I think the video has been removed by the user.

Yup, looks that way… :razz: I am uploading a new version of it.

64. Calo
    65 | February 25, 2013 2:57 am

@ Bunk X:

Some creatures are beyond redemption

65. 66 | February 25, 2013 2:58 am

@ Calo:
    I listened to an entire Vince show once. All I heard were a bunch of inside jokes with poorly streamed musical interludes consisting of songs I didn’t want to hear in the first place.

66. Calo
    67 | February 25, 2013 3:01 am

@ Bunk X:
    The guests were interesting tonight, though. That’s why I tuned in.

Kathleen Sweets stuff was an abject failure.

67. 68 | February 25, 2013 3:03 am

doriangrey wrote:

Bunk X wrote:
    I think the video has been removed by the user.

Yup, looks that way… I am uploading a new version of it.

Ok, so here is the new and improved version…

68. 69 | February 25, 2013 3:16 am

@ Calo:
    The song in the background is “Stardust.”

69. 70 | February 25, 2013 3:17 am

@ Calo:
    Those people have serious mental problems.

70. 71 | February 25, 2013 3:22 am

Retro 70s vibe. Sounds a bit like Steve Gibbons.

71. 72 | February 25, 2013 3:26 am

Always lost on these music-oriented threads…

72. 73 | February 25, 2013 4:24 am

Well, the passage of time seems to have solved that problem, at least.

So, another new news cycle week -- what new insanity or outrage will Morder on the Potomac bring us this week? What vile piece of crapulous proposed legislation will crawl out of one of the liberal cesspools for our derision?

Da Shadow Know…

73. 74 | February 25, 2013 4:39 am

Where were all those fotos from? Chernobyl?

74. 75 | February 25, 2013 4:43 am

Well, let’s see what might happen this week. One that’s going to be interesting to watch is the IL state legislature. They had a little closed-door meeting last week, where their hired legal experts explain to them that if they failed to meet the deadline imposed by the 7th circuit federal court, they would have exactly zero laws regarding concealed carry, meaning anybody could carry anything anytime anywhere. So despite their chest-thumping earlier in the week, they have decided that maybe they ought to get off the stick and come up with a Plan B. I think it is going to be very interesting to see what they come up with. Remember, their plan here is to hold out a legal fiction of allowing concealed carry while effectively denying it to as many people as humanly (and legally) possible. I can only imagine that the folks from the NRA/ILA, SAF, etc. are warming up right behind the starting line on this one already.

Got popcorn?

75. 76 | February 25, 2013 5:20 am

Good morning. Finally getting a grip on my back log of pictures. Finishing off posting some from the end of the year now.

76. 77 | February 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Macker wrote:

Where were all those fotos from? Chernobyl?

Right here in the United States of America.