First time visitor? Learn more.

Juan Williams: the Liberal media will ‘shut you down, stab you, kill you, fire you’ if you disagree

by Speranza ( 14 Comments › )
Filed under Headlines, Media at February 25th, 2013 - 9:22 am

No kidding!

by Grae Stafford

Fox News political analyst and “Special Report” panelist said in an interview with The Daily Caller’s Ginni Thomas that mainstream media outlets “stab” and “kill” dissenting voices.

Williams was fired from National Public Radio in 2010 after saying he sometimes gets “nervous” when seated on an airplane with Muslims, while making a broader point about the importance of religious tolerance.

“I always thought it was the Archie Bunkers of the world, the right-wingers of world, who were more resistant and more closed-minded about hearing the other side,” he said. “In fact, what I have learned is, in a very painful way — and I can open this shirt and show you the scars and the knife wounds — is that it is big media institutions who are identifiably more liberal to left-leaning who will shut you down, stab you and kill you, fire you, if they perceive that you are not telling the story in the way that they want it told.”

Catch the rest of the Ginni Thomas’s interview with Juan Williams this week exclusively on The Daily Caller.

Tags: ,

Comments

Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

Play nice!

14 Responses to “Juan Williams: the Liberal media will ‘shut you down, stab you, kill you, fire you’ if you disagree”
( jump to bottom )

  1. buzzsawmonkey
    1 | February 25, 2013 10:03 am

    “…And after they shut you down, stab you, kill you, and fire you if you disagree, as they did to me, I will still slavishly carry their water for them and smile and grovel and shuffle while I do it.”

    —Juan Williams


  2. 2 | February 25, 2013 10:57 am

    buzzsawmonkey wrote:

    “…And after they shut you down, stab you, kill you, and fire you if you disagree, as they did to me, I will still slavishly carry their water for them and smile and grovel and shuffle while I do it.”
    —Juan Williams

    Yup.


  3. coldwarrior
    3 | February 25, 2013 11:38 am

    @ buzzsawmonkey:
    @ 1389AD:

    why cant he still keep his beliefs?

    he only disagreed with the left on one or two items.


  4. Speranza
    4 | February 25, 2013 12:02 pm

    I always liked Juan Williams and still do.


  5. 5 | February 25, 2013 12:16 pm

    @ coldwarrior:

    You ask the wrong question. Why would he still keep his old beliefs? He has found that the Great Liberal Ideal of Tolerance is a sham. If that is a sham, then how much of the rest of the Liberal Agenda is a sham? He doesn’t seem willing to ask that question.


  6. 6 | February 25, 2013 12:37 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    @ buzzsawmonkey:
    @ 1389AD:

    why cant he still keep his beliefs?

    he only disagreed with the left on one or two items.

    Dat ’cause he be black an’ he gots to follow the diktats of his Massahs lockstep!


  7. buzzsawmonkey
    7 | February 25, 2013 12:58 pm

    Iron Fist wrote:

    @ coldwarrior:

    You ask the wrong question. Why would he still keep his old beliefs? He has found that the Great Liberal Ideal of Tolerance is a sham. If that is a sham, then how much of the rest of the Liberal Agenda is a sham? He doesn’t seem willing to ask that question.

    This.


  8. buzzsawmonkey
    8 | February 25, 2013 12:59 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    he only disagreed with the left on one or two items.

    Just like my former co-counsel on a case, a self-professed Communist, who simultaneously told me with regret that “welfare has ruined Puerto Rico” and “we need more of it here.”


  9. coldwarrior
    9 | February 25, 2013 5:52 pm

    Iron Fist wrote:

    @ coldwarrior:
    You ask the wrong question. Why would he still keep his old beliefs? He has found that the Great Liberal Ideal of Tolerance is a sham. If that is a sham, then how much of the rest of the Liberal Agenda is a sham? He doesn’t seem willing to ask that question.

    i disagree with a few so called tenets of ‘the right’, so i should chuck the rest of my beliefs because of that and become a lefty?


  10. coldwarrior
    10 | February 25, 2013 5:52 pm

    buzzsawmonkey wrote:

    coldwarrior wrote:
    he only disagreed with the left on one or two items.
    Just like my former co-counsel on a case, a self-professed Communist, who simultaneously told me with regret that “welfare has ruined Puerto Rico” and “we need more of it here.”

    just because your friend is a moron doesnt mean juan has to become the next rush limbaugh.


  11. coldwarrior
    11 | February 25, 2013 5:53 pm

    Macker wrote:

    coldwarrior wrote:
    @ buzzsawmonkey:
    @ 1389AD:
    why cant he still keep his beliefs?
    he only disagreed with the left on one or two items.

    Dat ’cause he be black an’ he gots to follow the diktats of his Massahs lockstep!

    i work with two blacks and they dont follow 0 lock step.


  12. buzzsawmonkey
    12 | February 25, 2013 7:45 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    just because your friend is a moron doesnt mean juan has to become the next rush limbaugh.

    Juan Williams, for my money, is a moron. He got hammered by his supposed ideological pals for daring to step out of line, got welcomed (out of all proportion to his worth) by those he believed to be his ideological enemies, and still doesn’t have the innate personal honesty to question the foundations of the worldview he still supports.


  13. coldwarrior
    13 | February 26, 2013 5:49 am

    @ buzzsawmonkey:

    so, some (not all) on the left threw a hissie fit over what he said on an issue, this means he must change his world view completely and utterly?

    looks to me like only ‘inclusiveness / tolerance’ claim has been shown to be a myth on the left (and only by those who had him fired). he can stop believing that everyone on the left is inclusive and tolerant. we have a myth on the right that everyone on the right is for smaller govt.


  14. 14 | February 26, 2013 7:48 am

    @ coldwarrior:

    Do you not question where you fit? Do you say “I disagree with A or B, but I’ll follow blindly everywhere else?” I don’t believe that you do, but that is what Juan Williams is doing. Bluntly, most Liberal positions are bunk. They are held to by deluded idiots and evil men and women who are out for the power that it will bring them. I include Williams among the former, but if after his treatment by the Libearl Elite he can’t step outside of the box he has constructed for himself, he is not much of a deep thinker.


Back to the Top

The Blogmocracy

website design was Built By David