The Solution Of A Five Year Old, Brought To You By The Democrat Party

by Flyovercountry ( 177 Comments › )
Filed under Democratic Party, Economy, Politics at February 28th, 2013 - 11:00 am

Political Cartoons by Jerry Holbert

It’s comforting to me to know that even during a time when our nation seems to be hell bent on following a path that leads to self destruction, I am supplied with something from the half who want to lead us there that makes me laugh. The greatest handicap any person can have you see is the amputation of their sense of humor. So, in keeping with that template being placed, I give you Maxine Waters and Keith Ellison, two of our nation’s elected leaders, who wish to replace Hank Johnson as the world’s dumbest democratically elected national legislator. (Hank Johnson if you’ll recall, was the man who asked a Navy Admiral if the Navy had taken precautions to prevent the Island of Guam from tipping over and falling into the sea.) It may not appear so at first blush, but these two have said something here that is even dumber than that.

Special note to Maxine Waters: One of your very few actual Constitutional Duties Madam Congress Woman is to establish a budget for our nation to operate on. If there is no budget in existence, or being considered, that can only be so due to your personal incompetence. Thank you for making my point for me, you idiot.

As a small lad of five, I once admonished my parents to just toss the bills in the trash. A simple solution to the pieces of paper delivered by the mail man which never seemed to be greeted as happy arrivals into our home. Even at five, I could make my parents smirk. That solution it seems would not make the source for those unwanted pieces of news go away, only our immediate thought of them. We would still have to pay those bills, they told me, just because you ditch the notice does not mean that the debt would no longer be ours to pay. That bill was just a reminder of our obligation, a courtesy to us by our creditors to remind us that we stilled owed for what ever good or service that we had already purchased.

I am no longer five, and as such I can see the error in my logic. In fact, I pretty much understood the concept by the time I gained the ability to read and write, certainly by the time I paid my first bill as an adult. Maxine Waters and Keith Ellison it seems never learned that valuable life lesson. They, as adults have simply determined that the bad news delivered by the all too persistent postman must be forever vanquished to the circular file. In their childlike minds, if they are not told about the national debt, and it’s staggering proportion you see, then it simply must not be so.

As a five year old child, my parents had the good sense to not give me my very own credit card in their name. “Ponies and water slides for everybody!” was a proclamation that they wisely made the decision to avoid hearing. It would seem that my parents, who were younger then than I am now, realized that supplying me with my own credit card, thinking that I could just throw the mail in the trash and never have to worry about the bill, could in fact lead to potentially terrible consequences.

Maxine and Keith unfortunately have each been granted 1/870th control of the world’s highest limit credit card. An even scarier thought is that they share that control with the aforementioned Hank Johnson, and they are not alone in their thinking. Just last week, I heard a quote from one of the leaders on their side of our political divide, one Steny Hoyer. “We don’t have a spending probem, we have a paying for it problem,” he blustered in response to a question about the upcoming sequestration. Please take a moment to allow that to sink in.

After years of telling us all that the bag full of free goodies promised from the government largess would never have to be paid for by the American taxpaying public, combined with years of about half of all Americans believing it, Steny dropped the bomb that there is no such thing as a free lunch after all. These jerks have flushed a staggering amount of money down the collective toilet. So much in fact that they needed to borrow about $16.5 Trillion so far that we do not have. At the same time that we are told to please just throw the bill in the trash rather than force them to read the bad news brought in the mail, one of them is chastising us for not being willing to pay the tab, that none of us seems to have wanted run up in the first place.

Anger does not begin to cover it. Laughter does better. Close your eyes and repeat to yourself aloud three times, we lost the popular vote to these children in 5 of the last 6 Presidential elections. Do you still believe that the Republicans are not the party of Palookas? Maybe Karl Rove should join the Democrat Party, our nation would be better served were he on the other side.

Oh what the heck, it’s still a funny second place finisher, so enjoy!

Cross Posted from Musings of a Mad Conservative.

Comments

177 Responses to “The Solution Of A Five Year Old, Brought To You By The Democrat Party”

1. taxfreekiller
    1 | February 28, 2013 11:11 am

OT

Fair back and forth on the Vietnam War on this thread.

gets better at the end

jc and a few of them do a fair job

3 | February 28, 2013 12:00 pm

nope. here goes the economist versus finance discipline again.

the economist sez that everyone has taken from the pot in some way, be it child credits, mortgage write offs, etc.

the finance guyz exploit the rules in place to maximize the return for their client.

its easier to listen to the finance guy than to the economist. economists tell you that you are part of the problem. financeists make sure you maximize being the problem.

we are all to blame, we all part of the fedgov bubble in one wa or another. the other side side figured out faster how to make us pay for it.

3. 4 | February 28, 2013 12:06 pm

We are all getting “free stuff.”

4. 5 | February 28, 2013 12:15 pm

Putting aside for the moment that the few times we do disagree is usually more fun than the 98% of the time that we are on the same page, I call bullshit.

I’m usually one of the very first to say cut everything and let’s have our tax returns be the size of a postcard. I am always against any spending and hate taxation loopholes, ie deductions and credits for specially approved behaviors. That being said, I do not for one moment believe that a majority of our citizens approved of the big picture scenario that we now find ourselves embroiled in. There was a very specific reason why this nonsense was achieved incrementally, and that is because nobody sane and intelligent would have gone for it all at once.

The point I was going for was that while Hoyer may be correct in his assertion that nobody wants to pay for the consequences of this latest drinking binge, he is hypocritical in that he was one of the people promising that this particular bar in which we all partied at would never demand that the tab be covered at all, or that the tab would be picked up by those elusive rich.

5. 6 | February 28, 2013 12:16 pm

I wrote that response as the typical finance guy, and not as the economist that I wish I was.

7 | February 28, 2013 12:28 pm

@ Flyovercountry:
    @ Flyovercountry:

cheers bro!

7. Tanker
    8 | February 28, 2013 12:41 pm

As someone that has asked for a point by point examination of Libertarianism and Conservatism many time hear. I’ve found the comments on this link very informative. The differences and similarities of the two are striking.

Sorry for the OT!

9 | February 28, 2013 12:44 pm

@ Tanker:

sorry, as soon as i saw this was a piece tying ron paul to me, i puked a little in my mouth.

couldnt keep reading at that point.

9. 10 | February 28, 2013 12:46 pm

@ Tanker:

I have reached the conclusion all the debates of Conservatism vs. Libertarianism is useless at this point. Until the Technological gap with the Dems is close, all this is meaningless.

11 | February 28, 2013 12:46 pm

@ Tanker:

Conservatives believe in individual freedom too, but see it as a product of order. People can be free, but they’re not born that way as Jean-Jacques Rousseau surmised. Instead they become free under the architecture of good institutions that educate men and tamp down their worst impulses. These institutions include families, churches, and local communities. They also include what Edmund Burke called “little platoons” and Alexis de Tocqueville called “voluntary associations” – the local groups and organizations that provide our lives with structure. When this structure, along with Meyer’s “organic moral order,” start to recede, big government creeps in to fill the void.

ummm, why cant the little platoon be just one mind? why does one have to belong to something else to be free? isnt requiring to belong a restriction?

this is fun

11. 12 | February 28, 2013 12:47 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

Speaking of the rich, did you kno wthat I’m rich? I must be, because my taxes went up last year. This despite a bascally flat income. My sister’s taxes went up too. We’re those dastardly rich that don’t want to pay our fair share, no doubt. Funny. I don’t feel rich, and I don’t make more than a quarter million, either. Considerably less than that. Funny how that works, isn’t it? Taxes went up for the people who pay taxes last year. For the 47% that don’t pay taxes, that’s just fine. For those of us who do, though, well, I for one am tired of getting raped to give free shit to Obama voters.

13 | February 28, 2013 12:47 pm

@ Tanker:

let the gop rot in mass mailing.

14 | February 28, 2013 12:48 pm

finance.

14. Tanker
    15 | February 28, 2013 12:51 pm

@ Tanker:
    couldnt keep reading at that point.

The post itself gave me little information. What I found striking was the comment section. I never have, nor would I put you or anyone hear in the Ron Paul corner. Still find myself wanting to explore more on this issue with little time for research! Trying to come to grips with the two!

15. 16 | February 28, 2013 12:51 pm

yeah, I guess this means we’re not done with the Ron Paul for President silliness yet. They’ll keep floating this idiocy that he’s the true Conservative in the GOP field and start a draft the crazy uncle movement just in time for the Iowa-I’ll-buy-your-beer-and-cheese-fries-meaningless straw poll in 2016. I had hoped we were done with the banality of the leftist hippies suddenly turned Republicans and inflicting themselves upon the primary process, but alas no. Baton down the hatches boys, the Paulbats are not done by a damn sight.

16. 17 | February 28, 2013 12:55 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

Paulians are not Leftists., They are Far Right Anarcho-Capitalists. They are Rightwing Hippies.

In all honesty none of this is relevant. Until the technological gap is closed, none of this matters. OFA is a machine never seen in American politics.

18 | February 28, 2013 12:55 pm

swing you arms, my man.

just dont hit me in the face!

welcome to the world of libertarianism. where does my nose start or end?, where do your fists start or end?

its an epic epic topic

19 | February 28, 2013 12:57 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

bring em on board.

its freedom versus cradle to grave now.

the game is on. the brave need to be unified and fight back.

19. 20 | February 28, 2013 12:57 pm

I’m a hybrid. I am a Libertarian-Conservative/Nationalist.

21 | February 28, 2013 12:57 pm

the paulians have the teck.

the gop does not

21. 22 | February 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Always works that way. Warren Buffett has a whole team of accountants, CFP’s, and Lawyers who figure ways to keep him from paying any taxes at all. I’m sure he owns a few alpaca’s and such too. Meanwhile, at the same time he publicly states he wishes to pay more, he’s appealed to the supreme court for relief from the decision that says he owes over a Billion in back taxes, while getting he and his secretary, (who’s salary is north of $1 Million/year by the way,) front row seats at the Bamster’s Kabuki SOTU ruination of your prime time television experience.

Shit rolls down hill, which is where you and I stand.

23 | February 28, 2013 12:59 pm

I’m a hybrid. I am a Libertarian-Conservative/Nationalist.

im a libertarian, hardcore.

fp: jacksonian, or if there is a shermanist wing, that’ll be me.

i guess i am more in tune with putin than our pols her in the land of the free.

23. Tanker
    24 | February 28, 2013 1:00 pm

swing you arms, my man.
    just dont hit me in the face!
    its an epic epic topic

Was so damn simple all this time, and I’ve spent so much wasted time trying to figure it all out!

Must really be something to that damn DAT label I wore for nearly 30 years! :D

25 | February 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Flyovercountry wrote:

finance guys.

ok, i’m done!

ill buy ya a beer and dinner next time i’m out yinzes way.

26 | February 28, 2013 1:01 pm

swing you arms, my man.
    just dont hit me in the face!
    its an epic epic topic

Must really be something to that damn DAT label I wore for nearly 30 years!

you armor guys are smart, not quick, smart tho,

and stinky…

26. 27 | February 28, 2013 1:02 pm

Technology! Booga-booga!

How about trying “message” again?

27. Lily
    28 | February 28, 2013 1:05 pm

swing you arms, my man.
    just dont hit me in the face!
    its an epic epic topic
    Must really be something to that damn DAT label I wore for nearly 30 years!

Trying to figure it all out will drive you nutz! Honestly. I take it a day at a time and a topic at a time. Then I do something to clear my head too from information over-load. Because some of these topic’s can clearly be disturbing…yet some pan out and others fizzle out for some reason. A day at a time. ;)

29 | February 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Technology! Booga-booga!
    How about trying “message” again?

ok sam clemens.

lets bitch and never fix. complain and whine. bitch about what is around you and fade out.

29. Lily
    31 | February 28, 2013 1:09 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

OT Dems continue to reveal threats from the WH.

Bingo! Now this might have legs! And FINALLY! The threats towards Woodard and now this…the obama administration just might have over reached and finally a crack has formed within the media…keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn’t fizzle out.

30. 32 | February 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Just apply the “Zeno’s Paradox” and you will be safe.

31. brookly red
    33 | February 28, 2013 1:11 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

OT Dems continue to reveal threats from the WH.

I don’t think it will, it’s like cockroaches… if you see one you know there are many more in the wood work.

32. Lily
    34 | February 28, 2013 1:14 pm

And how does this make any sense at all??

Biden: Americans Can’t Own F-15 Fighter Jets Or Nuclear Bombs So They Can’t Own AR-15s Either…

-- See more at: http://weaselzippers.us/2013/02/28/biden-americans-cant-own-f-15-fighter-jets-or-nuclear-bombs-so-they-cant-own-ar-15s-either/#sthash.NuhXTKM3.dpuf

33. Lily
    35 | February 28, 2013 1:15 pm

brookly red wrote:

yenta-fada wrote:
    OT Dems continue to reveal threats from the WH.

That’s what I’m hoping for…

34. 36 | February 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Out of curiosity, do you guys call your armoured “zipper heads” as well?

37 | February 28, 2013 1:17 pm

@ Lily:

the hobbes versus locke discussion is well worth he read

36. brookly red
    38 | February 28, 2013 1:18 pm

Lily wrote:

And how does this make any sense at all??

I think it goes with this one…http://freebeacon.com/biden-just-fire-the-shotgun-through-the-door/

39 | February 28, 2013 1:19 pm

PaladinPhil wrote:

Out of curiosity, do you guys call your armoured “zipper heads” as well?

nope, zipper heads! :lol:

they are stinky tho. and greasy. and deadly.

38. Tanker
    40 | February 28, 2013 1:22 pm

PaladinPhil wrote:

Out of curiosity, do you guys call your armoured “zipper heads” as well?

Not to our faces they don’t. :roll: I’m sure we are called many things behind our backs, but one must remember we have big ass guns and you may need our help at some point!

39. Lily
    41 | February 28, 2013 1:23 pm

@ brookly red:

Just. Fire. The. Shotgun. Through. The. Door.? Dear heavens the man is an idiot. Shotguns good…automatic rifles bad. Not a lick of sense in there.

40. 42 | February 28, 2013 1:23 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

leftist hippies suddenly turned Republicans

Actually, 60′s Leftist Hippies run the GOP. Karl Rove and Stuart Stevens are prime examples.

41. 43 | February 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Tanker wrote:

Not to our faces they don’t. :roll:

Damn your infantry guys are wimps then. :lol:

Of course we always made sure our tankers had unassed from their vehicle before we did though. Brave, not stupid.

44 | February 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Tanker wrote:

we have big ass guns and you may need our help at some point!

and general patton.

(we still make fun of them behind their backs tho)

43. yenta-fada
    45 | February 28, 2013 1:24 pm

yenta-fada wrote:
    OT Dems continue to reveal threats from the WH.

Same thing up on Drudge from Lanny Davis

44. 46 | February 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Technology! Booga-booga!
    How about trying “message” again?

You really do not realize what OFA is about. Ask AZ Old Dog and Eaglesoars about it. This is a game changer.

45. 47 | February 28, 2013 1:26 pm

i guess i am more in tune with putin than our pols her in the land of the free.

He supports Free Markets, low Taxes and has a Pro-Christian foreign policy. Can I have that guy as our President?

46. Tanker
    48 | February 28, 2013 1:27 pm

PaladinPhil wrote:
    Out of curiosity, do you guys call your armoured “zipper heads” as well?

nope, zipper heads!
    they are stinky tho. and greasy. and deadly.

We have feelings also Bro, and stinky just plain hurts! We just call it smelling manly!

47. Lily
    49 | February 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Oh I agree…but sometimes you just got to take a break from it all…
    but here is to your hobbes vs. locke suggestion…

48. Lily
    50 | February 28, 2013 1:29 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Good I hope this blows up all over the obama administration something has to!

49. Tanker
    51 | February 28, 2013 1:31 pm

Tanker wrote:
    Not to our faces they don’t.
    Damn your infantry guys are wimps then.

Canadian vs Us, there really is a difference!

52 | February 28, 2013 1:31 pm

PaladinPhil wrote:

they arent so tough without that armour around them

53 | February 28, 2013 1:32 pm

PaladinPhil wrote:
    Out of curiosity, do you guys call your armoured “zipper heads” as well?
    nope, zipper heads!
    they are stinky tho. and greasy. and deadly.

MP’s call it stinky.

54 | February 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Technology! Booga-booga!
    How about trying “message” again?

buggy whip manufacturers disagree!

53. 55 | February 28, 2013 1:33 pm

@ Tanker:
    No fight like a family fight we said. Poor Fort Drum soldiers, learned about that the hard way. :)

54. 56 | February 28, 2013 1:33 pm

@ Lily:

But Biden doesn’t have a problem with the Muslim Brotherhood having F-15s. Or nuclear bombs, probably. He just has problems with you or I owning an AR 15. Biden is a dangerous, fascistic ass.

57 | February 28, 2013 1:34 pm

@ Lily:

seriously, read both treatise in toto.

then proceed. it is worth it.

56. Lily
    58 | February 28, 2013 1:35 pm

MP’s have polite language such as that???
    /something doesn’t smell right with that post. ;)

59 | February 28, 2013 1:35 pm

MOUNTAIN!!!! MOUNTAIN!!!! MOUNTAIN!!!!

hell yeah baby!

did my air assault school there.

60 | February 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Lily wrote:

MP’s have polite language such as that???
    /something doesn’t smell right with that post.

we berlin brigade mp’s (who worked at checkpoint charlie and the state department) are always demure, polite, and wonderful dinner guests.

59. 61 | February 28, 2013 1:37 pm

@ Lily:

Eh, you forgot pompous; one of his most annoying “qualities”.

60. Lily
    62 | February 28, 2013 1:37 pm

@ Lily:

I agree he is a dangerous fascistic idiot…and yeah I’m sure he has no problems with the muslim brotherhood having those weapons….I’m not a weapons expert but I’ve seen some very badass shotguns that have multiple rounds on them.

63 | February 28, 2013 1:37 pm

He just has problems with you or I owning an AR 15.

it shouldn’t take 20 rounds to wax a somali.

62. Lily
    64 | February 28, 2013 1:38 pm

Lily wrote:
    MP’s have polite language such as that???
    /something doesn’t smell right with that post.

Oh I am sure as dinner guests…but at the check points??? LOL! ;)

65 | February 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Lily wrote:

Oh I am sure as dinner guests…but at the check points??? LOL! ;)

we were only allowed to work there for 3 months. then gone.

rock star. for real.

*thats all i have to say about that*

64. Tanker
    66 | February 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Lily wrote:

MP’s have polite language such as that???
    /something doesn’t smell right with that post.

We called them prissy little *******es, but not to their faces. They could carry guns almost anywhere and could lock us up, where we had to check ours! :P

67 | February 28, 2013 1:43 pm

@ Lily:

we went through a manners school. my parents already taught me all that. it does take a natural talent to be quite charming.

66. Lily
    68 | February 28, 2013 1:43 pm

He just has problems with you or I owning an AR 15.
    it shouldn’t take 20 rounds to wax a somali.

Nor a door. Apparently doors are a danger to our home security to Biden and it is always wise to shot through a door WHEN YOU DON’T KNOW WHO IS ON THE OTHER SIDE. Fool. Ass. Idiot. Arrogant. Fascist. all those words just don’t do justice to what he is. There needs to be more adjectives.

69 | February 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Lily wrote:
    MP’s have polite language such as that???
    /something doesn’t smell right with that post.

radios and back up.

back up…never ending back up.

68. Tanker
    70 | February 28, 2013 1:44 pm

@ Lily:

They really don’t come much dumber than the Biden!

69. 71 | February 28, 2013 1:44 pm

I will have a new Cuomo Headline in a bit. This will really spin your mind.

70. Lily
    72 | February 28, 2013 1:44 pm

LOL!!!!

71. 73 | February 28, 2013 1:45 pm

it shouldn’t take 20 rounds to wax a somali.

I heard someone throw out an interesting stat the other day; when the police fire on a perp, they use an average of five rounds. And those are the pros.

72. Buckeye Abroad
    74 | February 28, 2013 1:46 pm

@FOC

73. 75 | February 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Technology! Booga-booga!
    How about trying “message” again?

ok sam clemens.

Silly me. If we could just get the ultimate handle on social media, we wouldn’t need to have any particular message.

Unreal…

74. Lily
    76 | February 28, 2013 1:47 pm

@ Lily:
    They really don’t come much dumber than the Biden!

Problem is…he is dangerous dumb…and he is our V.P. we have got to look like complete idiots to the rest of the world for re-electing these two.

75. Buckeye Abroad
    77 | February 28, 2013 1:47 pm

link

76. Buckeye Abroad
    78 | February 28, 2013 1:49 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

Flat tax. Been saying that for years.

77. Lily
    79 | February 28, 2013 1:49 pm

I’m terribly sure. ;)

78. Tanker
    80 | February 28, 2013 1:50 pm

@ Lily:
    They really don’t come much dumber than the Biden!

The sad part is we don’t look like idiots to 52/53% of this nation for re-electing these two.

79. 81 | February 28, 2013 1:51 pm

Typical behavior of a soldier doing the bar rounds. See the MP’s head the other way FAST! Well then there was that one situation where he ran towards them and dived in their cars.

/that street brawl wasn’t our fault

80. Lily
    82 | February 28, 2013 1:51 pm

Lily wrote:
    MP’s have polite language such as that???
    /something doesn’t smell right with that post.

LOL!

83 | February 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Technology! Booga-booga!
    How about trying “message” again?
    ok sam clemens.
    Unreal…

whatever.

you can be the creepy ‘get off my lawn you damn kids’ guy.

typical mark twain, bitch bitch bitch, whine, complain…never a solution. easy to live in status quo because thats where the grumpy bitchy food is. dont work at fixing the problem or fight to fix it. just bitch.

thats yer gig. every blog needs one.

82. citizen_q
    84 | February 28, 2013 1:52 pm

MacDuff wrote:

it shouldn’t take 20 rounds to wax a somali.

I was interested in this topic after cuomos infamous you don’t need 10 bullets to kill a deer statement.

5 rounds sounds pretty good. I did not spend hardly any time looking, but I found a report from the Seattle police I believe. In that report they found over 10 period police averaged over 9 rounds for each hit.

83. eaglesoars
    85 | February 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Lily wrote:

Problem is…he is dangerous dumb…and he is our V.P.

He’s also a liar.

Himself included, apparently. Biden talked about being “a white kid living in a border state growing up in grade school and high school” and seeing the civil rights marches as things “that affected my life and so many white boys like me.”

So much so that he took action. “He said he did things like trying to desegregate movie theaters,” said the media pool report from the Wednesday event. Biden added: “No big deal, I want to make it clear to the press.”

And for those who are geographically challenged, DE and PA aren’t border states

86 | February 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

@ Flyovercountry:
    Flat tax. Been saying that for years.

economist.

85. Buckeye Abroad
    87 | February 28, 2013 1:53 pm

PaladinPhil wrote:

Out of curiosity, do you guys call your armoured “zipper heads” as well?

Tread-heads.

86. Lily
    88 | February 28, 2013 1:54 pm

@ Lily:
    They really don’t come much dumber than the Biden!

Yeah-up. They need to leave the country then look at us and if possible don’t come back especially if they still think obama/biden look good to them. Just saying.

89 | February 28, 2013 1:54 pm

/that street brawl wasn’t our fault

this blood and broken glass????

fair cop.

90 | February 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

PaladinPhil wrote:
    Out of curiosity, do you guys call your armoured “zipper heads” as well?
    Tread-heads.

stinky.

91 | February 28, 2013 1:56 pm

I’m terribly sure.

quite.

90. 92 | February 28, 2013 1:56 pm

We got jumped by a bunch of agitated locals. If you want to call a mob of 50 a bunch that is. Never did find the group that did the agitation. Tried paying a greek cabbie with Turkish Lira.

93 | February 28, 2013 1:57 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Biden was born in Scranton PA. Nobody except Biden considers
    PA a border state. He really is that stupid.

92. Buckeye Abroad
    94 | February 28, 2013 1:59 pm

@ PaladinPhil:

Tried paying a greek cabbie with Turkish Lira.

Ouch. I visited Cyprus last year. Interesting place.

93. Tanker
    95 | February 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

PaladinPhil wrote:
    Out of curiosity, do you guys call your armoured “zipper heads” as well?
    Tread-heads.

Tread heads is what we called the Infantry when they weren’t fast enough to get out of the way! or Flat head bottom dwellers!

94. eaglesoars
    96 | February 28, 2013 2:00 pm

He really is that stupid.

No he thinks we’re that stupid.

Guess how manyy blacks lived in Scranton when he was 17?

Precisely

95. brookly red
    97 | February 28, 2013 2:00 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Biden was born in Scranton PA. Nobody except Biden considers
    PA a border state. He really is that stupid.

/didn’t you get the memo? PA is a border state… Obama gave the South to Mexico

98 | February 28, 2013 2:00 pm

Technology! Booga-booga!

How about trying “message” again?

Conservatives have four problems:

1) Articulating their message in the first place (Bill Whittle spoke to this when he did that video some weeks ago about Romney “not believing in his own message”);

2) Expressing that message by framing it in a way which puts their opponents on the defensive by countering their opponents’ efforts to distort it, and breaking through years of poor messaging;

3) Living up to their message instead of caving to pressure, as so many so-called conservative legislators do;

4) Communicating that message broadly, supporting people who do so, and coordinating its dissemination.

The first two are a matter of personal and organizational clarity; the third, a matter of courage and integrity. For the last of these, technology is critical—for if the message is not communicated, it is the tree falling in the forest which nobody hears.

97. Buckeye Abroad
    99 | February 28, 2013 2:01 pm

back up…never ending back up.

Always seemed it took forever.

98. 100 | February 28, 2013 2:03 pm

@ Tanker:
    I do remember being called a “crunchie” from time to time.

99. 101 | February 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Technology! Booga-booga!
    How about trying “message” again?
    ok sam clemens.
    Unreal…
    whatever.
    you can be the creepy ‘get off my lawn you damn kids’ guy.
    thats yer gig. every blog needs one.

So having candidates with a positive and appealling message is old-fashioned and unecessary now? Fine. Have fun tweaking your i-whatever and your data miners with your behavioral “scientists.”. It will keep you company in the losers’ corner.

Let me remind you tha the Democrats had the overwhelming upper hand on the then current technology in 2004. Lost. Had the upper hand on message (stupid as it was) in 2008. Won.

102 | February 28, 2013 2:04 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Andrew “Nobody Needs Ten Bullets to Kill a Deer” Cuomo is trying to kill a Constitutional right with just seven bullets.

103 | February 28, 2013 2:04 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Biden is a natioanal embarssment.

102. 104 | February 28, 2013 2:04 pm

@ Buckeye Abroad:
    I was there in the summer of 89. I may go back sometime just to catch the sights I missed due to a drunken stupor and youthful idiocy.

103. Buckeye Abroad
    105 | February 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

PaladinPhil wrote:
    Out of curiosity, do you guys call your armoured “zipper heads” as well?
    Tread-heads.

We had a lot of former grunts join the MPs. As one told me, “I got tired of seeing the MPs roll by on wheels while I humped. Riding beats walking.”

106 | February 28, 2013 2:05 pm

brookly red wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    Biden was born in Scranton PA. Nobody except Biden considers
    PA a border state. He really is that stupid.

/didn’t you get the memo? PA is a border state… Obama gave the South to Mexico

Now I get it.

107 | February 28, 2013 2:06 pm

you arent!

106. Buckeye Abroad
    108 | February 28, 2013 2:06 pm

@ Buckeye Abroad:

There as a lot of that going around in 89′. Heh.

109 | February 28, 2013 2:07 pm

@ Mike C.:

lets not use any tech.

lets just be a bitchy whiny old gnarled sonofabitch

get off my lawn.

110 | February 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

back up…never ending back up.
    Always seemed it took forever.

not in 287th.

always over staffed

109. Tanker
    111 | February 28, 2013 2:11 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

@ Buckeye Abroad:

There as a lot of that going around in 89′. Heh.

Sure was, my hangout then was the Hanau Rod and Gun club that set by the nuclear power plant!

110. Buckeye Abroad
    112 | February 28, 2013 2:11 pm

66th was always understrengthed and we had a large patrol area. We had to pull MPs from other companies in the BN to deploy to Desert Storm.

111. brookly red
    113 | February 28, 2013 2:11 pm

oh this is gonna go over well… complements of the NYT

112. yenta-fada
    114 | February 28, 2013 2:12 pm

Sorry if this is a repost. Politico’s expansion of Woodward’s comments on Obama’s lying about sequestration, etc.

113. 115 | February 28, 2013 2:12 pm

Well, that’s pointless.

Meanwhile, I am going to attempt to cook mustard greens tonight. I’ve never even eaten mustard greens, much less cooked them myself, but they looked fresh, so I’m going to give it a shot. There’s always the trash can if disaster strikes…

114. Lily
    116 | February 28, 2013 2:12 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Dear heavens he too was a part of the civil rights movement??? I’m mean if anyone really actually believed that load of crap they seriously are impaired in their thinking!

115. eaglesoars
    117 | February 28, 2013 2:12 pm

Mike C. wrote:

It will keep you company in the losers’ corner.

sweeitie pie, please don’t leave us!

heh

No, the point is that our side is stuck in the mass-mailing days -- blanket communication that isn’t targeted. The other day, Priebus was saying one of the things he wanted to improve for the RNC was it’s email list -- the DNC has at least a million.

The RNC has my email and it goes into spam. What good is that?

WTF?

You need good data to identify the target and the message for that target and the method that would be most effective delivering to that target.

I worked in Marketing IT at MCI. I’ve seen some very good what is now called data mining to figure out who to sell what products to and how to stop churn.

Think the RNC does anything like that? Hell no.

116. eaglesoars
    118 | February 28, 2013 2:14 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Meanwhile, I am going to attempt to cook mustard greens tonight

might wanna blanch them first.

117. brookly red
    119 | February 28, 2013 2:14 pm

Well, that’s pointless.

just treat em like collards… boil em down with a touch of sugar, couple ozs of vinegar & if your so inclined a ham hock.

120 | February 28, 2013 2:14 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

we had 33000 polizei as backup. ina city of 2 million.

bar fights were hobesian, nasty brutish and short

119. Lily
    121 | February 28, 2013 2:15 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Biden was born in Scranton PA. Nobody except Biden considers
    PA a border state. He really is that stupid.

Oh it shows! Trust me it shows….

122 | February 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Well, that’s pointless.

blanch then bacon grease and pepper

123 | February 28, 2013 2:15 pm

brookly red wrote:

just treat em like collards…

“It’s not easy being collard green.”

—Kermit the Frog

122. yenta-fada
    124 | February 28, 2013 2:15 pm

brookly red wrote:

oh this is gonna go over well… complements of the NYT

Yowser. Blame us. lol. Women took up jogging, aerobics, dancing, hiking, martial arts, cycling, etc. I’d rather go swimming than scrub floors. Funny.

125 | February 28, 2013 2:16 pm

brookly red wrote:

Well, that’s pointless.

id use a bacon end, but the hock works

126 | February 28, 2013 2:17 pm

brookly red wrote:

a ham hock.

I know that pawnshops are doing a record business these days, but I never heard of anyone hocking a ham.

127 | February 28, 2013 2:17 pm

@ eaglesoars:

get off his lawn.

128 | February 28, 2013 2:18 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

brookly red wrote:
    a ham hock.

prosciutto.

i know, it aint kosher…but if you could…

127. Lily
    129 | February 28, 2013 2:18 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

He really is that stupid.
    No he thinks we’re that stupid.
    Guess how manyy blacks lived in Scranton when he was 17?
    Precisely

I think it is a two-way street to honestly talk like an idiot and think we will believe that crap he is an idiot to believe we will believe him. But he is hanging on obama’s coat-tails and is getting away with it…so who could blame his arrogance at this point. Problem is there are a lot of people that aren’t buying what he is selling.

128. yenta-fada
    130 | February 28, 2013 2:18 pm

Keith Koffler, of White House Dossier, tells the Republicans to go NEGATIVE.

129. brookly red
    131 | February 28, 2013 2:18 pm

brookly red wrote:

Well, that’s pointless.

id use a bacon end, but the hock works

bacon, smoked turkey neck whatever you got… and don’t throw out the “pot liquor”. Drink it.

130. eaglesoars
    132 | February 28, 2013 2:19 pm

blanch then bacon grease and pepper

and garlic and a splash of sherry vinegar.

ok lunch is over gotta go

133 | February 28, 2013 2:19 pm

@ yenta-fada:

between me and mrs coldwarrior, the housework is equal

134 | February 28, 2013 2:20 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

blanch then bacon grease and pepper
    and garlic and a splash of sherry vinegar.
    ok lunch is over gotta go

i’d use port but i like where you are going with that!

133. Lily
    135 | February 28, 2013 2:21 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Biden is a natioanal embarssment.

Totally. So is obama….and his merry minions.

134. eaglesoars
    136 | February 28, 2013 2:21 pm

i’d use port but i like where you are going with that!

my mamma was born and raised in New Orleans. I know my greens

135. 137 | February 28, 2013 2:22 pm

My plan is to boil them a bit and then drain them. Then I will cook a couple of slices’ worth of chopped up bacon and some onion in a pan, then add the greens and a splash of vinegar and let it cook some more.

There were no turnip greens, the kale looked limp, and the collard greens looked overly mature.

136. brookly red
    138 | February 28, 2013 2:23 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

i’d use port but i like where you are going with that!

my mamma was born and raised in New Orleans. I know my greens

I don’t do meat any more so I just drown em in hot sauce…

139 | February 28, 2013 2:24 pm

@ brookly red:

reduce it and use it over pork chops

140 | February 28, 2013 2:25 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

i’d use port but i like where you are going with that!
    my mamma was born and raised in New Orleans. I know my greens

BAM!!!

i grew up around a bunch of old italian yentas. they couldnt do greens to save their lives,

boiled to death!

139. Lily
    141 | February 28, 2013 2:26 pm

brookly red wrote:

oh this is gonna go over well… complements of the NYT

That is just wrong….I worked my rear off keeping my house clean. My waistline was just fine thank-you and plus I had two boys…of course my house work doing in the past few years has had to be done by others due to me being ill. My waistline still isn’t that bad. They really need to stay out of people’s business. It’s really, really annoying.

142 | February 28, 2013 2:28 pm

prosciutto.

Gesundheit!

141. Lily
    143 | February 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Well, that’s pointless.

Fry a couple pieces of bacon and cut up an onion and saute’ the onion in the bacon grease pour water in and dice up a couple of turnips into cubes and then put mustard greens and turnips cubes in boiling water and season to taste and cook till done. Make sure you have side dish of corn bread.
    /not my favorite dish but it isn’t bad.

144 | February 28, 2013 2:30 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

prosciutto.
    Gesundheit!

bitte schon!

143. brookly red
    145 | February 28, 2013 2:30 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    @ Mike C.:

@ brookly red:

reduce it and use it over pork chops

Greens are good stuff any way you look at it…

144. Lily
    146 | February 28, 2013 2:31 pm

brookly red wrote:

Well, that’s pointless.

Oooh another take on um.

145. eaglesoars
    147 | February 28, 2013 2:32 pm

brookly red wrote:

I don’t do meat any more so I just drown em in hot sauce…

You know what you might like? A touch of toasted sesame oil w/a splash of soy.

AND GARLIC

ok now I’m gone

146. eaglesoars
    148 | February 28, 2013 2:33 pm

@ Lily:

hey lily remind me to ask you about how you do your red beans andd rice. I can’t get mine quite right

147. Lily
    149 | February 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Mike C. wrote:

On the right track here…then boil em down…

148. Lily
    150 | February 28, 2013 2:36 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

@ Lily:

Will do the red beans are the easiest…don’t have to let soak as long…and boy they are good……

151 | February 28, 2013 2:36 pm

Rodan and Esoars might want to look at this OFA thing…not sure if there’s anything there…

150. yenta-fada
    152 | February 28, 2013 2:37 pm

This is hysterical. Story about the Lone Ranger who was known to never break character in public. Skip the first half if you want. Jay Thomas was the manager of a small radio station covering the appearance of the Lone Ranger at a car dealership.

151. 154 | February 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Hypocrisy in NY.

Gov. Cuomo exempts Hollywood from NY Gun Laws

155 | February 28, 2013 2:43 pm

@ 8 Tanker:

libertarians almost always select the position of individual liberty.

Thus libertarians tend to favor marijuana legalization not to accommodate their “liberal friends,” as Coulter puts it, but because they see it as an individual choice, while many conservatives worry it will make civil society more indolent and expensive. The line is even more emblazoned on prostitution. Libertarians see no reason why a woman shouldn’t be able to sell her body.

Consider Ayn Rand and her view of the family. Conservatives consider the family to be perhaps the most precious unit of civil society and a necessity for individual freedom. Rand saw forced familial relations as a shackle on the individual.

I would say coulter is Chris Christies pansie and I wouldn’t let her forget it.

libertarianism is changing faster than conservatism. When young people go to look to be conservative, they are attracted to libertarianism.

I have yet to see a libertarian leader that I thought was wise and/or sane. I’ll voter libertarian this next election cycle and reserve my judgement for the next potus.

156 | February 28, 2013 2:46 pm

@ 130 yenta-fada: They should go extremely negative til 5/1/2016, then shift to the nice guy.

157 | February 28, 2013 2:49 pm

@ 123 buzzsawmonkey: A menu named after Sesame Street characters.

1. Sesame Street Fried Chicken in soy sauce.
    2. Kermit the Frog legs bites
    3. Pulled Miss Piggy Sandwhiches
    3. Crumbled Cookie Monster cookies
    4. Filet of Oscar.
    5. Big Bird Drumsticks.
    6. Bert’s Baked Beans
    7. Ernie’s Banana split.

158 | February 28, 2013 2:51 pm

@ darkwords:

All doubtless prepared by the Muppet Show’s Swedish Chef…

156. 159 | February 28, 2013 2:52 pm

@ heysoos:

This needs to get out.

157. brookly red
    160 | February 28, 2013 2:53 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

@ darkwords:

All doubtless prepared by the Muppet Show’s Swedish Chef…

he’s on suspension… something about horse meat.

161 | February 28, 2013 2:56 pm

heysoos wrote:

blogmoc ahead of the curve again

162 | February 28, 2013 2:59 pm

@ heysoos:
    This needs to get out.

yeah, I listened in last night, and I’m thinking these donks have lapped the GOP a couple of times with this…they are very serious about Texas as well…the GOP needs to pounce on this strategy, the model is right there

163 | February 28, 2013 3:01 pm

heysoos wrote:

blogmoc ahead of the curve again

I have to disagree with MikeC as well…you cannot walk your message when the other guy is driving…the vehicle is more important than the massage at this point…you yourself could design the message in 20min

164 | February 28, 2013 3:01 pm

heysoos wrote:

@ heysoos:
    This needs to get out.

lets just bitch and scream and yell at each other.

we dont need to use tech, we can use clay tablets and direct mail.

gomlydk!

165 | February 28, 2013 3:02 pm

@ 162 heysoos:
    Texas sized data privacy laws would stop them.

166 | February 28, 2013 3:03 pm

heysoos wrote:

heysoos wrote:
    blogmoc ahead of the curve again

why bother? lets just scream and bitch and be grumpy assholes.

hey i know.

lets have a gun thread!

164. brookly red
    167 | February 28, 2013 3:04 pm

darkwords wrote:

@ 162 heysoos:
    Texas sized data privacy laws would stop them.

they don’t follow laws…

168 | February 28, 2013 3:05 pm

that’s how lgf turned me off…all griping, no solutions…a droning, mind numbing bitch fest…I was a builder and an RN, then a RT…I’ve worked towards solutions my whole working life…finding and fixing problems

169 | February 28, 2013 3:10 pm

heysoos wrote:

well, our cats are on the trail!

you heard it here firs on the tech of oFa.

we aim to please, my man!

167. 170 | February 28, 2013 3:12 pm

@ yenta-fada:

They’ve been needing to go negative since at least this time last year. I don’t expect them to. They don’t really want to win. They just care about the party invites.

171 | February 28, 2013 3:17 pm

I read about this yesterday…looks like it’s gonna have some effect..also Beretta said yesterday they are considering moving out of Maryland, and the Feinstein bill is delayed in committee for an extra week to trim out some of the garbage…seems like this grab is going nowhere…

169. 172 | February 28, 2013 3:22 pm

New thread.

170. Buckeye Abroad
    173 | February 28, 2013 3:24 pm

@ Tanker:

The nuclear power plant is still there. I did some trigger time at the Heidelberg Rod & Gun. I’m still pissed at them when I went to buy a pistol and they refused to sell it to me because I was only 20.

The M1911 on my hip didn’t matter. Nuts.

171. Buckeye Abroad
    174 | February 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

we had 33000 polizei as backup. ina city of 2 million.

bar fights were hobesian, nasty brutish and short

I am still in contact with my old Polizei buds. They are good people to have as friends. Heh.

172. 175 | February 28, 2013 3:28 pm

Geez, CW, that time of month for you?

We’ve had two candidates in a row that didn’t have a message. How’d that work out for ya?

176 | February 28, 2013 3:46 pm

@ heysoos:

You guys wanna be just like Democrats!!

(standard answer to any questioning of the way the party does things…)

177 | February 28, 2013 3:53 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

He really is that stupid.
    No he thinks we’re that stupid.
    Guess how manyy blacks lived in Scranton when he was 17?
    Precisely

He’s not talking to ‘us’ (We who know he’s full of crap) he’s talking to the Mushrooms that ARE that stupid and believe all his crap is the only truth…