Joe Biden Proves His Idiocy In Spectacular Fashion, Once Again

by Flyovercountry ( 197 Comments › )
Filed under Democratic Party, Politics at March 4th, 2013 - 11:30 am

I realize the, “Joe Biden is a big fat idiot,” meme is nothing new. I also realize that picking on the mentally retarded is one of the most unforgivable social faux pas our society has seen fit to hang around the necks of the mean. With that being said however, let’s keep in mind that Joe, “The Irretrievably Stupid,” Biden is literally one errant Barack Obama heartbeat from being President of The United States. (Please dear God Almighty, let President Obama survive these next four years at least.) Not content with his public statements saying the same thing, Joe decided after being laughed at universally to double down and embellish his moronic advice. Please enjoy the demonstration on the relative ease experienced in the usage of shotguns and AR15′s.

Putting aside for the moment the fact that Joe’s stated purpose for the Second Amendment is at best a foolish attempt at a straw man. Meaning that the real purpose for that particular addition to our Bill of Rights was included so that our citizenry would always be on an even footing with our government in terms of ability to inflict their wills upon others. Our founding fathers thought it a good idea to make sedition against the law of the land, but at the same time, they also wanted to make certain that the people who formed any government would be as afraid of the citizens as the citizens were of the government. Don’t push too hard, these town folk will always have the ability to push back was the only purpose for Amendment number Two.

Putting aside the fact for the moment that Joe’s idea of self defense for his wife is certain to get her killed or worse should any actual danger ever befall her out there in the seclusion of the Woods. Even the world’s dumbest criminals can count to two, a feat that quite frankly may be a bit much for Joe himself to handle. A shotgun makes a distinctive sound when fired, and most of them come with the limited capability of firing two rounds. Having your wife go out in the open offered by a balcony and announce to the world that, “I’m out of ammo for at least the amount of time it takes my nervous hands to reload this thing,” may be the single dumbest thing to have people in that frightening situation do. (For those of you who made disparaging comments about Sarah Palin’s intellect while holding Joe out to be some sort of foreign policy wonk really need to go and get that cat scan you’ve been putting off.)

At the very heart of all of this lies the fact that Joe must not have ever in his life actually fired a weapon. I have no doubt that with proper training, women in general, just like men can learn how to handle a shotgun. With that being said, having someone you care about go out into the dark of night and for the first time fire off two blasts with a weapon they’ve never learned how to properly use will only get them killed. Joe and his wife don’t need to worry about that however, they have Secret Service Protection as well as other security services provided to our national leaders at our expense. Joe’s wife has never had to worry in the slightest about home intruders you see, with the bevy of body guards, all of whom are armed to the teeth. That secluded home is doubtless not quite the lonely solitude of horror film proportion that Joe makes it out to be. Just another disingenuous attempt by a leftist to convince us that they can identify with what worries us on a daily basis. So Joe, just make certain that Jill is careful when firing that fictitious double blast into the air, we wouldn’t want some poor Secret Service Agent or Body Guard to get hurt with what falls back to Earth in those extremely crowded woods around your house.

The rest of us who inhabit a little place I like to call reality however are not quite so lucky that we can rely on survival no matter how stupidly we act. The rest of us Mr. Vice President need to use our heads for something other than a place to sport our transplanted hair.

Cross Posted from Musings of a Mad Conservative,

Tags:

Comments

197 Responses to “Joe Biden Proves His Idiocy In Spectacular Fashion, Once Again”

1. Buffalobob
    1 | March 4, 2013 11:49 am

“The rest of us Mr. Vice President need to use our heads for something other than a place to sport our transplanted hair”. The hair is growing, so there must be decaying matter underneath.

2. citizen_q
    2 | March 4, 2013 12:06 pm

Not to mention that bite-me’s advice would subject the follower to charges such as brandishing, reckless endangerment, perhaps other charges related to discharging a firearm.

He also made the claim about a shotgun’s pattern spreading out. I am not sure how big his palace is, but in the 25 foot or so max distance in my house, my shotgun with a 20″ barrel and cylinder bore patterns about the size of my fist with Federal 9 pellet tactical 000 buck. When I tested at the range. I liked the pattern, but you still have to aim.

3 | March 4, 2013 12:06 pm

The patronizing contempt which oozes from Biden’s blandly ignorant advice to “buy a shotgun” is thick enough to spread on crackers.

4 | March 4, 2013 12:08 pm

@ citizen_q:

He clearly had no intention of having her actually shoot at anyone. He thinks a shotgun is a really loud noisemaker that’s supposed to be fired in the air to scare people away.

5. citizen_q
    5 | March 4, 2013 12:16 pm

Doesn’t that bring us back to brandishing or reckless endangerment?

6. 6 | March 4, 2013 12:19 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Biden thinks he is better than the little people who don’ thave bodyguards to defend their house. He is contemptuous of them and why shouldn’t he be? 53% of them voted for him! How stupid tdo these people have to be?

7 | March 4, 2013 12:23 pm

Buy a shot, Joe. Buy a double-barreled shot, Joe. Just go out on the balcony and drink them, then fire the contents of your stomach into the air…

8. 8 | March 4, 2013 12:24 pm

Today he called himself the President and Obama the Vice President. This man is a spectacular embarrassment to American politics. I’ll admit we’ve have some rather pathetic Vice Presidents in my time 0- but this talking baboon makes Al Gore look like John Adams.

9 | March 4, 2013 12:33 pm

I’m trying to figure out what Obama is up to with his pick to replace Chu as Energy Secretary. The guy they announced, MIY physicist Ernest Moniz, seems like he actually has some sense. The enviro-loons hate him.

I’m confused.

10. 10 | March 4, 2013 12:35 pm

I know just how you feel. Every other second-term cabinent appointment has gone from bad to worse, so to speak (which probably explains why Holder and Napolitano didn’t resign -- he couldn’t find a worse replacement).

11 | March 4, 2013 12:38 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Must be a distraction so he can sneak something even worse by us.

12 | March 4, 2013 12:39 pm

MIY physicist Ernest Moniz,

With a name like “Earnest Moneys,” I wonder what his stance on home mortgages is…

13. 13 | March 4, 2013 12:40 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Are we sure he isn’t Turbo Timmy’s replacement?

I’m trying to think that the only way it could get worse for us is Bill Ayers is appointed Secretary of Education.

14. CynicalConservative
    14 | March 4, 2013 12:40 pm

Page not found Lobo.

/galt

15 | March 4, 2013 12:44 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Aha! I found it!

Obama to Tap Top Climate Crusader for EPA

In a signal that he is serious about his aim of taking traditional, cheap energy sources off-line, the president will today nominate Gina McCarthy, the woman who wrote the controversial coal regulations as the head of the agency’s air regulation division, to lead the EPA.

Obama’s previous EPA boss, Lisa Jackson, pushed hard for the coal crackdown, championing the rules McCarthy crafted. But Jackson was generally an ineffective agency head, engaging in public clashes with those who environmentalists call climate change “deniers” (those who question the claim that mankind is substantially to blame for changes to the planet’s climate).

Jackson left under a cloud when it was reveled that she had been using a secret email account, but her “Richard Windsor” Gmails were really just the coda to an unsatisfactory run in which her agency (remember the guy who wanted to “crucify” those who violated EPA regulations?) lived up to many of the worst predictions of its detractors.

With McCarthy, Obama is not looking for new fights, but winning the ones that have been raging for years.

16 | March 4, 2013 12:47 pm

@ CynicalConservative:

I fixed the link

17. 17 | March 4, 2013 12:48 pm

You didn’t really think he’d pick anyone decent for EPA, did you? He is dedicated to giving us the worst Presidential team ever assembled in the United States. With Kerry, Hagel, and Breenan, he’s done that for national security and defense. Now he’s working on Domestic issues. He’ll probably get the guy who did Fast and Furious to head ATF.

18 | March 4, 2013 12:56 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

If one of Ayers’ ideological allies is appointed (count on it), not appointing Ayers himself is a distinction without a difference.

19. 19 | March 4, 2013 12:59 pm

Of course. Because the EPA rules with the ham fist of a dictator.

20. citizen_q
    20 | March 4, 2013 1:06 pm

I don’t know what to ridicule first, bite-me and komrade zero’s commitment to Israel, or bite-me’s syntax transposing him as president and komrade zero vice president.

Biden: U.S. Committed to Israel ‘as Long as I and He Are President and Vice President of the United States

21. 21 | March 4, 2013 1:09 pm

@ citizen_q:

The ultimate animal act -- a talking Baboon is Vice President.

22 | March 4, 2013 1:13 pm

I’m confused.

My guess is that the idiot enviro-loons are no longer useful to the regime’s plans.

23. 23 | March 4, 2013 1:16 pm

Oh, and speaking of Douchebags making pronouncements:

Must be killing him that no one, in fact, DID give a crap for his opinion. They had to boot his ass off Sunday Night Football because he was killing viewership. People tuned in for the game but not the pre-game show and tuned out at halftime.

24 | March 4, 2013 1:16 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

Nope…that guy’s a distraction to cover the appointment of a whackjob as EPA director, which is where the real power is anyway.

25. 25 | March 4, 2013 1:19 pm

26 | March 4, 2013 1:19 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

The ultimate animal act — a talking Baboon is Vice President.

Wait’ll he starts showing his blue ass.

27. 27 | March 4, 2013 1:20 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

The enviroloons were only ever useful in that Environmentalist hysteria was one of the ideal places to hide Communism since the fall of the old Soviet bloc in 1989. As luck would have it, now that the Socialists feel as though their victory is at hand, what do they need the baggage of the formerly useful enviroloons for. Like all useful idiots who become formerly useful idiots, they are to be jettisoned forthwith from the land of the living.

28 | March 4, 2013 1:23 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

I saw that after I commented. It still makes one wonder.

29. 29 | March 4, 2013 1:24 pm

As I’ve said every time somebody trots the featured video out (it’s been around a while), the guys who video-taped those bits ought to be horse-whipped. Giving somebody a loaded gun with heavy recoil and no instruction so you can get a “funny” video fairly defines the term “stupid.”

30. 30 | March 4, 2013 1:26 pm

@ Mike C.:

Most women can learn to handle a shotgun as well as a man can, BTW. Some even better than most men. But the folks that videod those bits are right up there with Slow Joe in the stupid department.

32 | March 4, 2013 1:27 pm

Yup

33 | March 4, 2013 1:28 pm

ObamaPetCare coming soon…

Thirty million hamsters are currently without coverage!

33. 34 | March 4, 2013 1:28 pm

Hey, I have seven cats. I could use some taxpayer-assistance with my vet bills. After all, if Sandra Fluke deserves free birth control pills, why don’t I deserve free vet care? I bet I pay more in taxes than Sandra Fluke ever has…

35 | March 4, 2013 1:29 pm

What if we just had Sandra Fluke spayed instead?

36 | March 4, 2013 1:30 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

I’m actually surprised that some loonybin city like San Francisco hasn’t tried making medical insurance for pets mandatory.

36. 37 | March 4, 2013 1:30 pm

@ Mike C.:

And IIRC, Sloe Joe recommended double-barrel shotguns. Anybody price decent double-barrel shotguns lately? Those bastards are expensive!

37. 38 | March 4, 2013 1:30 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Works for me. I certainly hope she never reproduces…

39 | March 4, 2013 1:31 pm

As a taxpayer, you’re not the one who gets the “assistance.”

39. 40 | March 4, 2013 1:31 pm

@ Mike C.:

And isn’t training part of the exact point that I was trying to make. Maybe I wasn’t overt about it, I still remember seeing our Vice President instruct every female in the nation to take a shotgun that they may or may not have any experience or training in handling, and firing two blasts into the air when confronted by imminent danger. Gravity being what it is of course, will see to it that errant chunks of hot lead will rain upon the Earth somewhere else, at a location not at all contemplated by the woman who follows this advice, and quite possibly land our frightened ladies in prison for involuntary manslaughter.

Of course people, including women, should be trained on how to use a weapon before using it. That however was not the advice given by our nation’s second highest official. While this video’s makers were morons for producing this video, it is at least instructive in showing anyone contemplating following Biden’s advice that they should at least seek basic instruction.

41 | March 4, 2013 1:32 pm

@ Mike C.:

He apparently believes that “nobody needs more than two shells to scare off an intruder!”

42 | March 4, 2013 1:33 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Not stupid. Malevolent. :evil:

43 | March 4, 2013 1:34 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

If they actually did get training, the first thing they would learn is not to follow Biden’s advice.

44 | March 4, 2013 1:34 pm

Works for me. I certainly hope she never reproduces…

Sandra Fluke will spend what remains of her reproductive years being an “activist.” Then, at age 40 or thereabouts, she will demand her right to have a child and demand that the government pay in full for expensive fertility treatments, frozen embryo storage, and implantation so that she can exercise this right.

44. 45 | March 4, 2013 1:34 pm

As I was stated in the article, firing off the two rounds tells everyone your out of ammo, well a little history, During WWII the Germans would wait till they heard the clip pop out of the M1 Garand, it makes a very distinct sound, before attacking a foxhole, as the Americans got wise to this they would carry empty clips with them, fire off a few rounds and toss the empty clip at a rock, the Germans would advance, and the Americans would end their advancement fairly quickly ……..Just food for thought………..

46 | March 4, 2013 1:35 pm

Andrew Cuomo only needs seven bullets to kill a Constitutional right.

46. 47 | March 4, 2013 1:36 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

Wasn’t criticizing your post or your judgement of Slow Joe’s utter lack of knowledge or common sense. It’s just that that video pisses me off every time I see it.

Well, you could just fire two rounds blindly through the front door and hope that isn’t the neighbor’s kid wanting to sell you Girl Scout cookies…

48 | March 4, 2013 1:36 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

ObamaPetCare coming soon…

Thirty million hamsters are currently without coverage!

Not a real problem because soon they will be in the frozen food aisle next to the Game Hens…

48. 49 | March 4, 2013 1:36 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Oh don’t be silly. I’m sure we can find some sailor who’s been out to sea for 8 months or longer that we can get drunk enough to find her attractive. What’s a case of beer and a fifth of vodka cost these days anyhow?

49. 50 | March 4, 2013 1:36 pm

And one is only trying to scare an intruder. Heaven help you if he doesn’t get scared, but is determined to kill you. Slow Joe never was one for thinking things through. I can see why he never practiced law.

50. citizen_q
    51 | March 4, 2013 1:37 pm

@ Mike C.:
    I, who wish my wife would show an inclination to join me shooting, just shake my head. It isn’t funny. When I see that, I think there goes another woman turned off to shooting. It’s sad.

Hell, when my dad started me shooting as kid, he wouldn’t let touch anything stronger then his .22LR bolt action.

52 | March 4, 2013 1:37 pm

Flyovercountry wrote:

What’s a case of beer and a fifth of vodka cost these days anyhow?

Vodka is getting expensive, what with all the ethanol being poured into Joe Biden and other gas tanks.

53 | March 4, 2013 1:38 pm

@ Mike C.:

I have a steel front door.

That would go badly.

54 | March 4, 2013 1:40 pm

@ citizen_q:

You’d be amazed at some of the stupidity I see in that regard. Just the other day a guy sent his wife and 16 year old daughter (neither of who had ever touched a gun before) to one of my classes with a Glock 27.

55 | March 4, 2013 1:42 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Andrew Cuomo only needs seven bullets to kill a Constitutional right.

Not even that. All he needed was his pen to sign the offending bill into law.

56 | March 4, 2013 1:42 pm

I have a steel front door.

Well, change it, man! You are expected to follow the Vice President’s guidelines, and a front door you cannot blast through is not in conformity with them!

57 | March 4, 2013 1:42 pm

Oregon Gun Control Rally In Ultra-Liberal Eugene Draws Only 20 People…

Not that it will have any effect on lawmakers…

58 | March 4, 2013 1:44 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Maybe I should invite Biden over to my house to demonstrate his technique…

58. 59 | March 4, 2013 1:45 pm

@ Mike C.:
    I have a steel front door.
    That would go badly.

Most houses have steel front doors these days. Where’s your 10 guage magnum loaded with slugs or OOO buck?

59. 60 | March 4, 2013 1:49 pm

@ citizen_q:

That’s why I tell people the likely best buy I ever made in a handgun was the Ruger 22/45 (a Mark III variant.) Decent heft, no recoil, and shoots (what was) the cheapest ammo on the planet. Perfect for training.

61 | March 4, 2013 1:49 pm

Isn’t Biden’s shotgun advice racist? Heavy-gauge shotgun shells are loaded with buckshot; “buck” was a pejorative term for a young black male, and young black males are responsible for the majority of home invasions.

61. Buckeye Abroad
    62 | March 4, 2013 1:49 pm

Angrymike wrote:

Complete urban legend.

The Germans didn’t hear shit as their ears were already ringing from the blast of their own weapons and the din of battle.

Ever spend on the firing range without ear protection?

62. 63 | March 4, 2013 1:50 pm

Please, please Lobo, don’t give that collection of nitwits on the Board of Stoopidvisors any ideas. They’ve already outlawed declawing your cat and we must be referred to as “animal guardians” rather than “pet owners.”

63. 64 | March 4, 2013 1:51 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Not exactly necessary since I’m will to bet she bats for the other team anyway.

65 | March 4, 2013 1:53 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Not exactly necessary since I’m will to bet she bats for the other team anyway.

She’s been dating some weedy lefty male, supposedly. And even if she does decide she favors the distaff side, she could always try for a baster bastard.

66 | March 4, 2013 1:54 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

They can create a new entitlement to cover the cost of insurance for pets below the poverty line. And pet food stamps.

After all, California is rolling in money, right?

67 | March 4, 2013 1:57 pm

Let’s not kibble over the details.

We must strive for species equality!

67. 68 | March 4, 2013 2:00 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

A pro gun control rally in Eugene Oregon over the weekend drew 20 people -- and that number includes the media.

69 | March 4, 2013 2:01 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

A pro gun control rally in Eugene Oregon over the weekend drew 20 people — and that number includes the media.

I’m waiting for high school English departments to exclude all the Shakespeare plays that feature the character of Pistol.

I’m sure it will come.

70 | March 4, 2013 2:06 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

There are still English departments in high schools?

70. 71 | March 4, 2013 2:06 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Here is Fluke’s boyfriend in what he believes to be a showcase of his creative talent.

He’s probably exhibit A as to why she feels as though having children would be a bad idea.

72 | March 4, 2013 2:08 pm

There are still English departments in high schools?

Sorry—I meant “Language Studies,” of course…

72. citizen_q
    73 | March 4, 2013 2:10 pm

@ citizen_q:

Geez, I have a 27. I find it has a bit of muzzle flip.

Sometimes I wonder if it could be a matter of finances, and inventory.

I did get my wife to go shooting once with me. At that time I did not have my Ruger Single-Six, which I bought partly hoping for her to shoot with. Loaded with sub-sonic .22LR there is hardly any recoil or report.

I had her shoot my Glock 17 with Winchester White Box range rounds. The softest stuff I had. Even at that I felt bad, thought I though the 17 with WWB rather pleasant to shoot. I wished I had a .22LR for her to shoot first to get used to a shooting first. However the purpose of the trip was to familiarize her with the firearm. It was my “nightstand gun”, as such I felt that she needed to know how it worked, how to make it safe, and the basics of safely handling a firearm. Just in case I was not there, or G-d forbid I was in an accident.

We started at home where it was quiet and I could explain things like sight picture, and the mechanics of handling the firearm safely, and the range rules.

She did well shooting actually. I started her with only 1 round in the magazine, then put in a few more as she got familiar with how the pistol operated. At the 10 yard targets she all her rounds on the paper, most in the black. We did laugh a little together as some of the guys in nearby stations were putting rounds into the dirt in front of the target.

73. citizen_q
    74 | March 4, 2013 2:12 pm

@ Mike C.:
    That’s on my want list too.

75 | March 4, 2013 2:13 pm

@ citizen_q:

The range I use for my classes has rental guns, which is one of the reasons I use it.

There’s no way I’d let someone start off with a Glock 27.

75. 76 | March 4, 2013 2:16 pm

A Glock 27 is what I want my wife to get. Sh ecan handle my 21, but the grip is too big for her. I figur ethe .40 S&W would be goood for her hand size. She can handle full-bore .357 Magnums in my 686, so recoilshouldn’t be a problem.

76. taxfreekiller
    77 | March 4, 2013 2:21 pm

So, the Jeb Bush left Rubio out in the cold with McCain and the commie Democrats with “a path to citizenship” and all that.

Now he says ,, We have to have a difference between legal and illegal immigratants. “It is not nessary to have a path to citizenship in any immigration reform bills…”"”

What’s up with this lean to the right, just the lust to get elected and flip then…???

77. eaglesoars
    78 | March 4, 2013 2:21 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

She’s been dating some weedy lefty male

engaged.

Adam Mutterperl

78. 79 | March 4, 2013 2:22 pm

citizen_q wrote:

@ Mike C.:
    That’s on my want list too.

They are relatively cheap, and worth every penney. Doesn’t have to be the one I have -- there are lots of Mark III variants. They all work the same. The original Mark I is what made Sturm Ruger.

79. eaglesoars
    80 | March 4, 2013 2:31 pm

citizen_q wrote:

Just in case I was not there, or G-d forbid I was in an accident.

You know, I just don’t get it. This is not meant as criticism of your wife (or anyone’s significant other) -- but I was raised to understand that knowing how to use a gun in self defense was part of the ‘perssonal responsibilty’ thing of adulthood. Dad made no bones about it -- I was joinning the rifle team whether I liked it or not.

Just like I had to get an education in order to support myself and any children I might have.

This was under the ‘not negotiable’ heading.

80. 81 | March 4, 2013 2:31 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Pussywhipped.

82 | March 4, 2013 2:32 pm

I want to see some enterprising gun company come out with a line of weapons in tribute to the First Lady. The guns could be called Obama Bangs™, in recognition of that new sheepdog hairstyle she’s sporting.

Anyone who has so enthusiastically promoted the right to bare arms has earned it.

82. 83 | March 4, 2013 2:35 pm

Have your wife try a Beretta at a range that rents them. Available in different sizes and calibers, mostly American-made, the classics in alloy and the polymer frames as well. Butt-simple take-down. She might like them.

83. 84 | March 4, 2013 2:35 pm

Heh.

84. eaglesoars
    85 | March 4, 2013 2:35 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Pussywhipped.

hi sweetie. got the new pics of Erika and THE PIPS!!

In retrospect, it just reinforces my understanding of how important a strong father figure is. Yeah, he tried to kill me a couple of times, but I deserved it.

And I was faster.

86 | March 4, 2013 2:37 pm

@ eaglesoars:

She really doesn’t make a good choice for a beard…

87 | March 4, 2013 2:37 pm

Is Obama exempt from a background check when he sells “Fast and Furious” weapons to Mexican criminals?

88 | March 4, 2013 2:39 pm

She really doesn’t make a good choice for a beard…

Not a good choice for a beard? She’s 100% a merkin!

89 | March 4, 2013 2:39 pm

darkwords wrote:

Oh, he keeps those checks in the background, all right…

89. eaglesoars
    91 | March 4, 2013 2:40 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

She’s 100% a merkin!

which will shame me until my last breath

92 | March 4, 2013 2:41 pm

Meanwhile, the talent competition has begun to heat up in the “who’s the dumbest member of the Obama administration” pageant:

John Kerry Praises Egypt’s “Version Of Democracy”…

93 | March 4, 2013 2:41 pm

Not sure where John Kerry‘s brain is situated.

92. 94 | March 4, 2013 2:43 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

No doubt -- and I like Henry V, too!

95 | March 4, 2013 2:44 pm

I know of two people in california working under the table and collecting health care and food stamps from the state. They let the taxpayers support their kids, so they can go out and party on the under the table money. And the state is exactly aware of both of them because of trouble with the law. But this has been going on for years. there is no accountability from the state government.

96 | March 4, 2013 2:45 pm

Maybe Kerry and Rodman can go hang out with Kim next…

95. 97 | March 4, 2013 2:45 pm

Fist -- Taurus Milennium .40 is good for women’s hand size.

98 | March 4, 2013 2:46 pm

@ darkwords:

Only two?

97. 99 | March 4, 2013 2:46 pm

@ waldensianspirit

Not sure where John Kerry‘s brain is

As we say in the law….assuming facts not in evidence….

98. 100 | March 4, 2013 2:46 pm

They’re suppressing the Coptic Christians in Egypt, while Obama is trying to suppress the Catholic Churcu in America. They’re both anti-Christian, so it is easy to see why they get along. After all, Obama wishes openly that he was dictator…

101 | March 4, 2013 2:48 pm

In Washington State there was a sequester news story about fishing boats suffering from the sequester. I was wondering how in the heck does a person with a boat use Federal dollars? To the extent they can’t fish anymore if there are no FED Funds? Well apparently they fish in Federal waters and the Feds created a law that requires them to each have a Federal fish inspector on board while fishing. It’s a NOAA rule.

My solution would be to just shelve the fishing inspectors this season and replace them with video cameras next season. I imagine a lot of the sequester crap is like this.

100. 102 | March 4, 2013 2:48 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

She likes a Glock trigger. We’re going to rent a 27 next time we go to the range. I’m not a fan of Taurus, myself. Just a pregjudice, really, but they’ve always struck me as a second-class manufacturer.

103 | March 4, 2013 2:49 pm

@ 100 Iron Fist: I want some white house news reporter with a pair to ask OBama what his favorite country is and why?

104 | March 4, 2013 2:50 pm

@ 98 lobo91: I know these two personally. And the ease they have had in committing this fraud for so many years makes me think California is deeply corrupt.

105 | March 4, 2013 2:50 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

The biggest problem with Taurus is their lack of US infrastructure. If one of their products has to go in for service, it goes to Brazil.

106 | March 4, 2013 2:53 pm

@ 92 lobo91: Kerry’s brains have the liberal “crap for brains” syndrome and his have hit the fan.

I think that is a job hazard of someone in govt long enough to reach a certain payscale. They lose the ability to think clearly.

107 | March 4, 2013 2:54 pm

darkwords wrote:

California is Chicago on a statewide basis.

There are basically three classes of people there: Private sector workers, leeches, and the government workers who enable the leeches to feed off an ever-shrinking host.

It’s a Ponzi scheme, really.

108 | March 4, 2013 2:54 pm

darkwords wrote:

Better solution would be to quickly file a class action by the members of the fishing fleet to say that if the government refuses to provide inspectors the requirement will be held in abeyance.

There is NO reason for any disruption of federal services; the entire massive sum of 85 billion dollars which the sequester removes is merely a decline in the rate of increase in spending. The federal squander machine is that huge. The feds have more money than last year, even with the sequester—just not as much more as they would like.

There is no reason whatever for the country to notice it’s there. And that is why they are pulling back inspectors, and the like—to make sure that people are inconvenienced as much as possible in order to get a green light for the waterslide again.

109 | March 4, 2013 2:56 pm

@ 47 Mike C.: The pistorius defense

108. 110 | March 4, 2013 3:02 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

That is exactly right. The Dems have no interest in stopping America from crashing and burning. They want America to go bankrupt. They figure that the best chance they have of becoming Third World Corruptocrats is to bankrupt the country and turn America into a Third World hellhole. I blame the Republicans as much, though. They don’t have the balls to call the Democrats out for what they are doing. They’re too afraid they’ll hurt somebody’s feelings if they call the traitors traitors.

111 | March 4, 2013 3:02 pm

Thomas Sowell nails it, as usual:

Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency’s budget were cut, what would it do?

The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of Benedict Arnold in the first place.

The example was deliberately extreme as an illustration. But, in the real world, the same general pattern can be seen in local, state and national government responses to budget cuts.

At the local level, the first response to budget cuts is often to cut the police department and the fire department. There may be all sorts of wasteful boondoggles that could have been cut instead, but that would not produce the public alarm that reducing police protection and fire protection can produce. And public alarm is what can get budget cuts restored.

The Obama administration is following the same pattern. The Department of Homeland Security, for example, released thousands of illegal aliens from prisons to save money — and create alarm.

The Federal Aviation Administration says it is planning to cut back on the number of air traffic controllers, which would, at a minimum, create delays for airline passengers, in addition to fears for safety that can create more public alarm.

Republicans in the House of Representatives have offered to pass legislation giving President Obama the authority to pick and choose what gets cut — anywhere in the trillions of dollars of federal spending — rather than being hemmed in by the arbitrary provisions of the sequester.

This would minimize the damage done by budget cuts concentrated in limited areas, such as the Defense Department. But it serves Obama’s interest to maximize the damage and the public alarm, which he can direct against Republicans.

President Obama has said that he would veto legislation to let him choose what to cut. That should tell us everything we need to know about the utter cynicism of this glib man.

112 | March 4, 2013 3:06 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Which is, in reality, the entire purpose of the sequester in the first place.

113 | March 4, 2013 3:07 pm

@ 29 Mike C.:
    Probably true. A lot of gun idiots out there in need of harsh safety training. I started with a .22 at age 5, 4-10 at age 8, 12 gauge at 14 IIRC. Each step up seemed like a lot of power up. The .22 at age 5 was just the old man teaching me how to pull the trigger correctly and some gun safety rules. I never ran around with a gun by myself til I was 8 or so.

I slacked out of guns after my military stint and became too poor and too urban. But am going to buy a gun this year I think and do some range practice. I want to start having gun verbage in all my conversations with people to help normalize the activity. My only issue is eyesight is not as good, and I see to be dropping things a lot these days. If I drop the gun, I’ll just be a talker and not a shooter. lol

114 | March 4, 2013 3:09 pm

I just sent the Sowell piece to a lowinfovo friend of mine who just can’t seem to understand why, if cuts are necessary, they aren’t trying to target things that need to be cut.

That cuts aren’t necessary is beyond the lowinfovo to understand. Maybe this will make a difference.

113. eaglesoars
    115 | March 4, 2013 3:11 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey
    unfortunately for Obama, it’s blowing up in O’s face

I’m thinking of cancelling our subscription to WaPo. They had a piece today on how some Latino charity group is going to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars in fed funds, thereby depriving a vietnam vet of bus fare to get to his training job.

And who is 56 yrs old, therefore served when he was what? 14 yrs old?

got it.

114. 116 | March 4, 2013 3:13 pm

@ darkwords:

Try a red dot or mini-red dot sight. Like a scope, it puts everything in one optical plane. Sure helps these old eyes. And these old eyes sucked when they were very young eyes. Age has not improved matters any.

115. 117 | March 4, 2013 3:18 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

And who is 56 yrs old, therefore served when he was what? 14 yrs old?
    got it.

That’s some crack journalism, there. You can tell that the fact checkers were all over that story… :roll:

116. eaglesoars
    118 | March 4, 2013 3:21 pm

That’s some crack journalism

:evil:

119 | March 4, 2013 3:21 pm

MMORPG parody. There is a whole subclass of emo people out there in virtual world fantasies. They have something called cosplay I had never heard of til recently. Hipsters who dress up as cartoons and go to conventions. Comic Con was in Seattle this weekend.

Trans Species Rights.

118. brookly red
    120 | March 4, 2013 3:22 pm

I know I came late so maybe it’s been mentioned already but would someone pls explain this http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/03/obama-dhs-purchases-2700-light-armored-tanks-to-go-with-their-1-6-billion-bullet-stockpile/

121 | March 4, 2013 3:23 pm

The latest xfinity deal. Get TV, Internet and Phone starting at $99/mo.

But my phone is locked in a 2 year mobile contract. And I watch most of my TV via the Internet now. $99 does not seem like a good deal.

120. eaglesoars
    122 | March 4, 2013 3:24 pm

@ brookly red:

They don’t like us.

121. 123 | March 4, 2013 3:24 pm

@ brookly red:

It is a good way for DHS to waste a huundred million dollars. Because the government has too much money and shit…

124 | March 4, 2013 3:25 pm

@ 116 Mike C.:
    I will thanks. once taxes get back will start looking for a gun and range .

123. 125 | March 4, 2013 3:25 pm

@ eaglesoars:

They really don’t like us.

124. eaglesoars
    126 | March 4, 2013 3:26 pm

@ eaglesoars:

They really don’t like us.

But the good part is that it’s MUTUAL!!

125. brookly red
    127 | March 4, 2013 3:27 pm

@ brookly red:

I was hoping someone in congress might question the expense…

128 | March 4, 2013 3:29 pm

Those vehicles aren’t newly purchased. They’re military surplus.

Now that we’re out of Iraq, we have no real use for them. They don’t work in most of Afghanistan.

129 | March 4, 2013 3:29 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

They don’t like us.

Did you see what the One-Third Reich has written about the Tea Party?

130 | March 4, 2013 3:31 pm

@ 115eaglesoars: He is right on the edge. Probably would have had to enlisted illegally in the Marines to get to Vietnam before everyone evac’d out. But still unlikely.

I think that Vietnam era ended in 1974? Not sure when the military considers it ended. 56 year old, born in 1957 then. 16 years old in 1973. Parents would have had to sign off and he would have had to have volunteered. And I think basically the services would have rejected a 16 year old. illegally he could have lied about his age. some patriots have been known to do that to get into a war.

129. brookly red
    131 | March 4, 2013 3:32 pm

Those vehicles aren’t newly purchased. They’re military surplus.

But will they work in Cleveland?

132 | March 4, 2013 3:33 pm

brookly red wrote:

But will they work in Cleveland?

Does anything, or anyone, work in Cleveland?

133 | March 4, 2013 3:33 pm

@ brookly red:

But will they work in Cleveland?

The part that has pavement or other relatively flat hard surfaces, yes.

132. 134 | March 4, 2013 3:34 pm

But DHS has no real use for them, either, and they still have to be maintained.

135 | March 4, 2013 3:36 pm

@ darkwords:

The last US combat troops left Vietnam in 1973.

And the minimum age for enlistment is 17, with parental permission (and very few people would have been rushing to lie about their age and volunteer to go to Vietnam, especially in 1973).

134. eaglesoars
    136 | March 4, 2013 3:36 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Oh yeah, Reich trying to be relevant -- I saw that and thought his speaker’s fee must be declining. Gotta ratchet it up.

‘little’ has so many definitions. And all of them seem to apply, don’t they?

137 | March 4, 2013 3:37 pm

But DHS has no real use for them, either, and they still have to be maintained.

We have no real use for DHS, for that matter.

My point was that it wasn’t as big of an expenditure as it seems. They just shifted from one department to another.

136. 138 | March 4, 2013 3:39 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Imagine getting your education in economics from the likes of Dr. Sowell in a classroom setting….

137. 139 | March 4, 2013 3:40 pm

@ darkwords:

Find a range that rents guns and try some out. Beats buying blind. Of course, having a buddy let you try his is even cheaper. Just remember, the shooting range is a damned expensive place to buy ammo. Wal-Mart and Gander Mountain are holding the line on ammo prices, although you pretty much have to be there waiting when they unload the weekly resupply truck to get any. But if you ask, they’ll tell you when that is so you can be there. I bet there are other big vendors doing the same.

138. eaglesoars
    140 | March 4, 2013 3:40 pm

And the minimum age for enlistment is 17, with parental permission

Yep. My sister enlisted in the Army and the ‘rents had to sign off on it. She was 17 with a baby.

All turned out well. Many thanks to the military -- which Dad secretly took a ‘that’ll teach-her’ delight in

141 | March 4, 2013 3:41 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Maybe they could put him on TV to lecture. I’d get a TV again if I could watch Sowell Train.

142 | March 4, 2013 3:41 pm

@ eaglesoars:

All turned out well. Many thanks to the military — which Dad secretly took a ‘that’ll teach-her’ delight in

She couldn’t do that today, unless she signed over her parental rights to someone else.

143 | March 4, 2013 3:42 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Oh yeah, Reich trying to be relevant — I saw that and thought his speaker’s fee must be declining. Gotta ratchet it up.

‘little’ has so many definitions. And all of them seem to apply, don’t they?

His kneecap-level view of the world is really unattractive. On the other hand, there may be some excuse for him—think of how many farts he’s had to bear the full brunt of in his time.

142. 144 | March 4, 2013 3:42 pm

@ darkwords:

Rodan turned me on to “hipsters” and now that he has, I can spot them in San Francisco all the time. Silly little creatures. Notably mostly for wearing childish caps with animal faces on their heads with the ties hanging down past their shoulders. Makes you want to snatch it off their heads and say “it’s the height of mean to steal your 5-year-old sister’s wardrobe.”

143. brookly red
    145 | March 4, 2013 3:43 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

groaaan

144. 146 | March 4, 2013 3:44 pm

@ darkwords:

It’s not. It doubles in 6 months. Plus as part of Comcast, you’re paying the salaries of the pig butts at MSLSD.

147 | March 4, 2013 3:44 pm

Dem Rep. Luis Gutierrez Seeks To Ban Cheap Handguns…

Right on cue, the Dems are preparing for phase 2.

146. brookly red
    148 | March 4, 2013 3:44 pm

@ darkwords:

nothing looks stupider than a funny looking hat and tattoos

149 | March 4, 2013 3:45 pm

brookly red wrote:

nothing looks stupider than a funny looking hat and tattoos

Don’t forget the stupid little soul-patch beards and the scruffy-stubble look.

148. 150 | March 4, 2013 3:46 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Every time Robert Reich -- I look for the Lucky Charms cereal box he must have popped out of.

151 | March 4, 2013 3:46 pm

Dem Rep. Luis Gutierrez Seeks To Ban Cheap Handguns…

Isn’t that discriminating against the poor?

150. eaglesoars
    152 | March 4, 2013 3:46 pm

Srsly?

This would have been 1971. She may actually have done just that. Mom and Dad took the baby for a few years -- gladly I may add -- and I did my own turn.

Kid turned out great. She has a great marriage -- far as I can tell -- and 2 kids of her own. We’re so proud of her.

151. eaglesoars
    153 | March 4, 2013 3:48 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Every time Robert Reich — I look for the Lucky Charms cereal box he must have popped out of.

No, Hon, that’s Dennis Kucinich (D -- Keebler Elves)

154 | March 4, 2013 3:49 pm

@ eaglesoars:

The military stopped letting single parents enlist sometime in the mid to late ’80s.

It was getting to be a huge problem. They were basically non-deployable.

153. 155 | March 4, 2013 3:49 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

And your point? Gun control heavily discriminates against law-abiding blacks, and Jesse Jackson is perfectly fine with that.

154. 156 | March 4, 2013 3:50 pm

@ brookly red:

And possessing exactly 1% of the total talent and intelligence they think they have. There’s a group of them that hang around the Starbucks near my office and I’ve had occasion to be in there when the all had their laptops open, cadging some free wifi. And all wearing those panda/lion/tiger/bear hats on their heads. The baristas can’t stand them, so as I was paying for my blonde roast I looked over and said “maybe the little nippers are waiting for Miss Nancy to come in and read ‘em a story. They’re certainly dressed for it.” Evil looks from them as I left, after laughing at them on my way out.

155. brookly red
    157 | March 4, 2013 3:51 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Dem Rep. Luis Gutierrez Seeks To Ban Cheap Handguns…

Isn’t that discriminating against the poor?

not really… even with a 5th grade public school education you can figure out that buying an 80 dollar .22 pos and then getting 250 for it at the buy back program is a pretty good deal.

156. eaglesoars
    158 | March 4, 2013 3:52 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

as I was paying for my blonde roast

buzz could probably do something with that

157. brookly red
    159 | March 4, 2013 3:52 pm

@ brookly red:

well at least they don’t do the animal thing in NYC

160 | March 4, 2013 3:53 pm

Philadelphia Legislators Repackage Jim Crow with New Gun Laws

Most of the current attacks on the Second Amendment originate from large cities like Los Angeles (Henry Waxman), San Francisco (Dianne Feinstein), Chicago (Rahm Emanuel, Barack Obama, and convicted felons Bobby Rush and Rod Blagojevich), New York City (Mario and Andrew Cuomo; Eliot Spitzer, aka Emperor’s Club VIP Client 9; Charles Schumer; Jerrold Nadler; Michael Bloomberg; and convicted felon Mario Biaggi), and, as shown below, Philadelphia.

Pennsylvania House Representative Ronald G. Waters (Philadelphia) is a prime example of a big-city politician. He recently introduced a package of gun laws that are unlikely to get through the Pennsylvania House, let alone the Senate or governor, but House Bill 521 is worthy of close inspection — just like a culture dish of infectious bacteria. Waters has, in fact, repackaged the 19th century’s Jim Crow for resale to credulous voters in the 21st century…

161 | March 4, 2013 3:54 pm

Carney: Yes, Obama Proposed Sequester Cuts, But It’s “Pretty Irrelevant”…

Sounds a lot like Hillary’s Benghazi comments…

160. 162 | March 4, 2013 3:54 pm

@ brookly red:

I’ve seen the funny animal hats, but only on pre-teens. They’re a little young to be the Hipsters Rodan is talking about. I guess we have some of those somewhere, but they keep a pretty low profile around here.

161. eaglesoars
    163 | March 4, 2013 3:54 pm

The military stopped letting single parents enlist

good. My sister enlisted because in her circumstances it was the best job training she was going to get.

Also, she met all her husbands there.

164 | March 4, 2013 3:56 pm

Dem Rep. Luis Gutierrez Seeks To Ban Cheap Handguns…

Right on cue, the Dems are preparing for phase 2.

Ain’t the first time this has been tried…

In 1879, the General Assembly of Tennessee banned the sale of any pistols other than “army or navy” model revolvers. This law effectively limited handgun ownership to whites, many of whom already possessed these Civil War service revolvers, or to those who could afford to purchase these more expensive firearms. These military firearms were among the best made and most expensive on the market, and were beyond the means of most blacks and laboring white people.

165 | March 4, 2013 3:56 pm

I’m just pointing out that trying to eliminate the low-priced product is an obvious discrimination against “the poor,” and the Democrats claim to be all about “the poor.”

164. brookly red
    166 | March 4, 2013 3:57 pm

it’s like Goldilocks and the 3 gun laws… this one is too big… and this one is too small… and this one is just right, but I can find freakin ammo for it.

165. eaglesoars
    167 | March 4, 2013 3:57 pm

gotta get back to work.

behave yerselfs

168 | March 4, 2013 4:01 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

The military stopped letting single parents enlist
    Also, she met all her husbands there.

Personally, I thought it should have gone farther. Once already in, people are allowed to stay if they become single parents, as long as they have an approved “family care plan” in case of deployment.

We had a case in my Reserve unit a couple of years back where one of our officers couldn’t deploy overseas because his wife (also an officer) refused to sign the family care plan paperwork. Couples where both are in the military have to do the same thing as single parents, since they can both be deployed.

It ended up holding the husband’s deployment up for several months. Eventually, we kicked her out.

Problem solved.

167. 169 | March 4, 2013 4:04 pm

brookly red wrote:

Heh.

170 | March 4, 2013 4:05 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

It is, and of course that’s not the only problem.

How do you decide what constitutes a “low quality” gun?

I remember when California tried that a few years ago, by coming up with some arbitrary list of features. By their reckoning, Glocks were considered “low quality.” Came as a surprise to an awful lot of cops in the state, who carry one every day.

According to the federal version of the standards, the Walther PP/K is a “low quality” gun, too, which is why they aren’t imported into the US. The ones you see for sale now are made here by S&W.

169. 171 | March 4, 2013 4:05 pm

Dem Rep. Luis Gutierrez Seeks To Ban Cheap Handguns…
    Right on cue, the Dems are preparing for phase 2.

I saw this movie before… “Saturday Night Specials.”

170. Bordm
    172 | March 4, 2013 4:06 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

@ buzzsawmonkey
    unfortunately for Obama, it’s blowing up in O’s face
    And who is 56 yrs old, therefore served when he was what? 14 yrs old?
    got it.

I am 56 years old and a Vietnam-Era veteran. I joined up in 1974, the war officially ended on April 30, 1975.

173 | March 4, 2013 4:10 pm

@ Bordm:

I am 56 years old and a Vietnam-Era veteran.

This guy is allegedly an actual Vietnam veteran, though.

172. brookly red
    174 | March 4, 2013 4:11 pm

It is, and of course that’s not the only problem.

How do you decide what constitutes a “low quality” gun?

easy… if it is high quality it’s an assault weapon, if it’s not it low quality. Makes banning so simple.

175 | March 4, 2013 4:16 pm

@ brookly red:

About the size of it…

174. 176 | March 4, 2013 4:19 pm

In San Francisco, they’re in the 20′s. And totally worthless. They are also apparently fond of horizontally striped stockings and clunky shoes. Not so fond of washing their hair. That might explain the animal hats.

175. brookly red
  176. Bordm
    178 | March 4, 2013 4:20 pm

@ Bordm:
    I am 56 years old and a Vietnam-Era veteran.
    This guy is allegedly an actual Vietnam veteran, though.

It’s possible, I had orders to Thailand in early 1975, they were canceled due to the ending of the war. The Air Force folks that served in Thailand are considered Vietnam veterans.

179 | March 4, 2013 4:20 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

The Pippi Longstocking look?

178. brookly red
    180 | March 4, 2013 4:24 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

from urban dictionary: Although “hipsterism” is really a state of mind,it is also often intertwined with distinct fashion sensibilities. Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers, and are often be seen wearing vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses. Both hipster men and women sport similar androgynous hair styles that include combinations of messy shag cuts and asymmetric side-swept bangs.

181 | March 4, 2013 4:25 pm

It’s snowing again.

OMG! We’re all going to die!

Oh, wait…I live in Colorado, and it’s winter. Never mind.

182 | March 4, 2013 4:27 pm

@ Bordm:

My FiL was in communications in Thailand during Vietnam.

181. citizen_q
    183 | March 4, 2013 4:57 pm

Wuz away for Dr. appointment.

@ Mike C.:
    :-) I have expensive tastes, I’d like the stainless hunter model.

@ eaglesoars:

We are Jewish. My father was wounded 3 times after landing at Omaha Beach fighting in WWII. He made sure we were active in Scouting, and knew how to shoot.

My wife’s family OTOH, parents are very religious Catholics, into non-violence and Social Justice. They taught her and her sisters that one should not have firearms in the home.

I have a different approach, and we have talked. Over the years her opinion has moderated towards my point of view. However, it she is not interested in shooting, I don’t want to force her.

Her main complaint after our session shooting, was the noise. I made sure we were using double hearing protection. Ear plugs with shooting muffs over that.

She may come around. Wish we had a place where we could plink cans with a .22 by ourselves, I think she might enjoy that.

184 | March 4, 2013 4:57 pm

Big Sis Exempts Obama’s Security Detail From Sequester Cuts…

That’s a relief…

183. brookly red
    185 | March 4, 2013 4:58 pm

this doesn’t sound to good…

but it may just backfire.

186 | March 4, 2013 4:59 pm

Hmm…I can barely see across the street, but according to the Weather Channel’s site, there’s a 0% chance of snow in my zip code right now.

Must be the sequester…

185. brookly red
    187 | March 4, 2013 5:01 pm

/maybe it volcanic ash? hear any loud booms recently?

188 | March 4, 2013 5:03 pm

@ brookly red:

I don’t think we have any volcanoes.

The Rockies aren’t volcanic mountains. Just big old piles of granite.

187. yenta-fada
    189 | March 4, 2013 5:05 pm

@ brookly red:
    I don’t think we have any volcanoes.
    The Rockies aren’t volcanic mountains. Just big old piles of granite.

Everyone just takes the Rockies for granite. /

190 | March 4, 2013 5:07 pm

“Any notion that there’s a set price for a meeting with the president is wrong.”

--Jay Carney

So it’s a sliding scale?

191 | March 4, 2013 5:08 pm

We have a new thread by the way.

190. 192 | March 4, 2013 5:08 pm

@ citizen_q:

@ Mike C.:
    I have expensive tastes, I’d like the stainless hunter model.

I’m glad the shop didn’t have one in the case when I bought the 22/45. If they had, I probably would have bought it. It sure is purty…

193 | March 4, 2013 5:09 pm

brookly red wrote:

this doesn’t sound to good…

but it may just backfire.

Deportation is a “release,” too—but of course they won’t consider that.

194 | March 4, 2013 5:10 pm

So it’s a sliding scale?

A slippery slope.

193. citizen_q
    195 | March 4, 2013 5:25 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ citizen_q:
    @ Mike C.:
    I have expensive tastes, I’d like the stainless hunter model.

Shot one at my local range once. Guy in the position next to had one, and was kind enough to let me try it out. It was a pleasure to shoot, and was as accurate as I could hold. I am sure that it was more accurate than I was capable of.

194. 196 | March 4, 2013 5:41 pm

brookly red wrote:

Carolina Girl wrote:

Lord -- that sounds like the entire Student Boy of UC Berkeley in the early 70′s.

195. 197 | March 4, 2013 5:41 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Student BODY….although all of them looked alike to me anyway.