speechless.

by Bunk X ( 31 Comments › )
Filed under Communism, OOT, Politics, Progressives, Satire, Uncategorized, Venezuela at March 5th, 2013 - 11:49 pm

hugo-chavez-dead

Today was a day to remember in sadness. I’m late in posting because words fail me; they seem so shallow and meaningless when we’re mourning the future of Sean Penn, freedom fighter and champion of the downtrodden masses. He must be distraught to the point of showering.

Sean, we feel your pain. Give me a call if you want to talk, because we really care about fucking assholes like you on The Overnight Open Thread.

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

31 Responses to “speechless.”

1. EBL
    1 | March 6, 2013 12:06 am

Dhimmi Carter was not speechless…

2. 2 | March 6, 2013 12:15 am

@ EBL:
    Neither was Oliver Stone.

3. Buffalobob
    3 | March 6, 2013 12:18 am

Sean, think about it. If only you had the initiative to make the trip one more time with a red solo cup you may have been able to bail him out.

4. irradicable
    4 | March 6, 2013 12:33 am

Sean and Obama have been inconsolable all day…Obama even sent the White House volunteer tour guides away and locked the doors.

5 | March 6, 2013 12:37 am

They’re apparently heartbroken in San Francisco, too:

Leftists Hold Candlelight Vigil For Hugo Chavez In San Francisco…

7 | March 6, 2013 1:23 am

@ Bunk X:

Is that a San Francisco city council meeting?

7. 8 | March 6, 2013 1:55 am

I knew there was some reason to party!

8. BatGuano
    9 | March 6, 2013 3:00 am

I’m sure Obama she a manly tear.

9. BatGuano
    10 | March 6, 2013 3:02 am

BatGuano wrote:

I’m sure Obama she a manly tear.

Cripes. I meant to say: I’m sure Obama will shed a manly tear.

10. 11 | March 6, 2013 3:09 am

That’s from a Zombie report at SlutWalk 2011. They were protesting against all the pro-rapist organizations in the country.

11. 12 | March 6, 2013 3:11 am

@ BatGuano:
    Nice work btw, coming clean and all. :D

12. 13 | March 6, 2013 3:40 am

I see the picture up top on Fox this morning is Venezuelans in the US celebrating. Miami, I suspect – could be Houston as well, though.

13. 14 | March 6, 2013 4:04 am

@ Mike C.:
    A lot of folks in Caracas are hunkered down, though. Maybe later I’ll have time to find a live twitter feed.

14. 15 | March 6, 2013 4:59 am

Bunk X wrote:

@ Mike C.:

People actually in Venezuela are in for “interesting times.” In the ancient Chinese curse meaning. I don’t think any of Hugo’s cronies have a lock on the bulk of the Chavistas, so divisions are almost certain. Then we shall see what we shall see.

15. 16 | March 6, 2013 5:23 am

And on the weather front, I’m looking at maybe 3″ on the ground and snow falling at a steady rate here in the lower Shenandoah valley. Looks like we might easily make a foot or more today. Barring a power outage, we’re well-stocked, so it’s not a disaster or anything. Just a pain in the ass. Once daylight hits, I’ll have to start moving it about the old-fashioned way in an attempt to keep up with it. The snowplow has already been down the street once, which means there’s already an ice berm at the bottom of the driveway.

16. 17 | March 6, 2013 5:33 am

Mike C. wrote:

I see the picture up top on Fox this morning is Venezuelans in the US celebrating. Miami, I suspect — could be Houston as well, though.

Yes! They’re all chanting the fate which also awaits Fidel and his brother Raul:
    ¡Hugo esta MUERTO! ¡El HDP esta MUERTO!

17. 18 | March 6, 2013 5:42 am

Mike C. wrote:

Another despot “assumes room temperature” while another notably mild winter draws to a close (or so it would appear) with a mere dusting on the ground this morning and nothing but 50s and 60s on the horizon. The circle of life..and death..is a benevolent one this early morning.

18. 19 | March 6, 2013 6:14 am

@ MacDuff:

We’ve had a mild winter here as well, but it looks as if we’re going to close it out with something of at least some significance. A foot here is significant, but hardly biblical. I’ve seen a lot worse over the years, sometimes very much a lot worse.

19. 20 | March 6, 2013 6:34 am

Okay, I have some daylight now. Yikes!

20. 21 | March 6, 2013 6:45 am

Oh, great – and the power just blinked… That’s ominous.

21. 22 | March 6, 2013 6:47 am

Mike C. wrote:

Oh, great — and the power just blinked… That’s ominous.

Uh oh. Good luck with that! That’d be a helluva damned way to start the day…

22. 23 | March 6, 2013 7:02 am

BatGuano wrote:

BatGuano wrote:
    I’m sure Obama she a manly tear.

Cripes. I meant to say: I’m sure Obama will shed a manly tear.

Whatever.

23. 24 | March 6, 2013 7:26 am

@ MacDuff:

Very brief and not repeated. Thankfully. The 4″ or so out there now shovels easily – not frozen solid to the ground or anything. I’ll keep after it in small time periods throughout the day. I don’t need to pretend to be Ironman and court another heart attack.

24. 25 | March 6, 2013 7:53 am

@ Mike C.:

Good idea! When we got snow a couple weeks ago, I’d shovel for about 15-20 min, then rest for about 30-45.

26 | March 6, 2013 7:58 am

Good morning. I don’t remember all of this snow before the Sequester.
    As a matter of fact I don’t think that it ever snowed before the Seqester.

26. 27 | March 6, 2013 8:05 am

@ Mike C.:
    @ mfhorn:

That snow shoveling can be deadly to old farts…which is why I assiduously avoid it.

Good morning. I don’t remember all of this snow before the Sequester.
    As a matter of fact I don’t think that it ever snowed before the Seqester.

I believe that Obama will soon be signing an Executive Order naming Sequester the Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse.

27. 28 | March 6, 2013 8:07 am

mfhorn wrote:

@ Mike C.:

All I really want to do is keep the top of the driveway and the area right in front of the garage reasonably low. The wife’s Outback can handle the rest of the diveway, no problem. I’ll just leave the Geo sit until everything melts. Around here, you need to have one all-weather car.

29 | March 6, 2013 8:09 am

@ MacDuff:

And he shall be called Bohner.

30 | March 6, 2013 8:17 am

The Washington Times reports:

In the email sent Monday by Charles Brown, an official with the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service office in Raleigh, N.C., Mr. Brown asked “if there was any latitude” in how to spread the sequester cuts across the region to lessen the impacts on fish inspections.
    He said he was discouraged by officials in Washington, who gave him this reply: “We have gone on record with a notification to Congress and whoever else that ‘APHIS would eliminate assistance to producers in 24 states in managing wildlife damage to the aquaculture industry, unless they provide funding to cover the costs.’ So it is our opinion that however you manage that reduction, you need to make sure you are not contradicting what we said the impact would be.”

The last line is the money quote. They are bringing the pain.

31 | March 6, 2013 8:33 am

It appears Benghazi survivors who are still recovering at medical facilities may be listed under different aliases. Congressman Jason Chaffetz (R – UT) told Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren on Tuesday, “We happened to find the father of the person who was still in the hospital and without breaking any trust here but being as open and as transparent as I can, the father told me, ‘If you had called in to the hospital previously you would have never of have found that person, because they changed his name on the hospital records.”

Tranparency/