Just sayin’…

by 1389AD ( 113 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Economy, Humor, Open thread, Saudi Arabia at March 6th, 2013 - 7:00 pm

Sea Quester

Obama the spending junkie

Obama didn't lie. There was a light at the end of the tunnel - an oncoming train labeled 'European socialism.'

Danger: This dog has a gun and refuses to take his medication

Piers Morgan didn't get the memo

Cage full of Democrats

Saudi Prince Alwaleed lets the cat out of the bag
Saudi Prince Alwaleed lets the cat out of the bag

Tags:

Comments

113 Responses to “Just sayin’…

1. 1 | March 6, 2013 7:06 pm

Is it just me or does Piers Morgan look like a man who enjoys the smell of his own farts?

2. Dolphin
    2 | March 6, 2013 7:46 pm

Nope, not just you. What a vile human being.

3 | March 6, 2013 7:58 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Soutpiel, soutpiel, soutpiel. Lol.

4. Dolphin
    5 | March 6, 2013 8:06 pm

No shame because they believe “They” are correct. They all hate America. Why do they stay? If you don’t like our constitution, than leave and go elsewhere.

I am in a very pissy mood tonight and am sick and tired of these pansies.

5. Dolphin
    6 | March 6, 2013 8:12 pm

Remember The Alamo, Remember Goliad.

When men were men and stood for what was right.

7 | March 6, 2013 8:19 pm

Dolphin wrote:

Remember The Alamo, Remember Goliad.
    When men were men and stood for what was right.

you a Texas history fan?…I try to be

7. Dolphin
    8 | March 6, 2013 8:23 pm

A really good read on the run away scrape is “True Women” . It is based on a true story. There was a mini series done based on the book (with Dana Delaney, who I love as an actress), but the mini series does no justice to the book. The author is a direct descendant to the women of the era. Lots of Texas history and politics in the book.

8. Dolphin
    9 | March 6, 2013 8:25 pm

@ heysoos:
    Wasn’t born here, just got here as soon as I could! Texas history is fascinating. Grew up in Oregon, another state with tons of history.

9. Dolphin
    10 | March 6, 2013 8:26 pm

@ heysoos:
    today’s is when the Alamo fell.

11 | March 6, 2013 8:26 pm

some times I run with a crowd over in Texas, maybe 12-15 people…all born in there…they are all very well read in Texas history, deep in, as a second nature…anyone of them could be a teacher and they’re all like that…they know every musician, every roadhouse, can name every county, all the oil lore…you think I exaggerate, I’m not…Texans are very proud of their heritage

11. Dolphin
    12 | March 6, 2013 8:28 pm

@ Dolphin:
    Well not today, but the anniversary of it! Lol.
    ;)

13 | March 6, 2013 8:29 pm

Dolphin wrote:

@ heysoos:
    today’s is when the Alamo fell.

I see that now 3/6…I’m especially moved by that fight…Texas embodies the total, independence vibe….to stand and die for your principle is pretty impressive

13. Dolphin
    14 | March 6, 2013 8:35 pm

@ heysoos:
    When I first moved to TX, I was 19yo. I felt like I had come home. Can’t explain it other than that. Would never consider living anywhere else. When I first moved to Texas I lived less than 10 miles from the boarder for almost 10 years.

Growing up in Oregon, it was nothing like it is today, but I saw the things coming and knew I had to leave. Had family in TX and never looked back.

Sometimes I miss the mountains and the cooler weather, but not the crazies!

15 | March 6, 2013 8:37 pm

some Texas blues, for the hearty…

15. Calo
    16 | March 6, 2013 8:41 pm

@ heysoos:
    No, no Texas floods this next week, please take your song back.

17 | March 6, 2013 8:42 pm

@ Dolphin:
    I go back home to Michigan and it’s too green…green everywhere and too many trees to count…I need to see forty miles ahead..I like mountains and mesas

18 | March 6, 2013 8:44 pm

@ Calo:
    probably the single greatest guitar event ever?…
    okay…dry as a bone in ABQ

18. Dolphin
    19 | March 6, 2013 8:45 pm

@ heysoos:
    And raise ya!

19. 20 | March 6, 2013 8:45 pm

@ heysoos:

Hey! Let me know next time you’re here, OK!

21 | March 6, 2013 8:47 pm

@ Dolphin:
    oh man…should I?

22 | March 6, 2013 8:49 pm

Macker wrote:

@ heysoos:
    Hey! Let me know next time you’re here, OK!

will do…much fun to be had yet, amigo

23 | March 6, 2013 8:49 pm

“Targeted killings are not assassinations, because assassination is unlawful.”

--Eric Holder

Thanks for clarifying…

24 | March 6, 2013 8:51 pm

a personal favorite…spiritual
    get some

25 | March 6, 2013 8:56 pm

“Targeted killings are not assassinations, because assassination is unlawful.”
    --Eric Holder
    Thanks for clarifying…

put some lipstick on it and call it terrorism

25. Calo
    26 | March 6, 2013 8:56 pm

“Targeted killings are not assassinations, because assassination is unlawful.”
    --Eric Holder

Thanks for clarifying…

That makes absolutely no sense.

Holder is an ass.

26. Dolphin
    27 | March 6, 2013 8:57 pm

@ heysoos:
    When I went back to OR about 10 years after I left, the lefties/enviro whacos had taken over (spotted owl and all), before that the blm had taken great care of forestry and harvesting, there was so many private land that had been clear cut with no replant or regard to the impact to what they were doing with regards to the “environment” -- people just needed the $$ to survive the whackos. It was really sad and shocking.

Old little tied bit, but my mom is buried in the first “official” cemetery in Oregon. Lots tomb stones from the early 1800′s.

28 | March 6, 2013 8:57 pm

“Targeted killings are not assassinations, because assassination is unlawful.”

--Eric Holder

Thanks for clarifying…

This Idiot really does believe his own bullshit… :roll:

28. Dolphin
    29 | March 6, 2013 9:00 pm

@ Calo:
    Holder the beak (think Mafia).

30 | March 6, 2013 9:00 pm

@ Calo:

We’re just not smart enough to understand the complex legal differences between “assassination” and “targeted killing.”

31 | March 6, 2013 9:00 pm

Calo wrote:

That makes absolutely no sense.

Holder is an ass.

To Eric Holder, “due process” means that he has an appointment with his barber.

32 | March 6, 2013 9:02 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

Some of the stuff that’s come out during this is amazing.

They’ve also apparently decided that an “imminent threat” doesn’t have to be “immediate.”

Someone should notify Merriam-Webster.

33 | March 6, 2013 9:06 pm

Next they’re going to decide that buying a gun amounts to an imminent threat of some sort of violence, so it’s okay for drones to fire missiles at people going into a gun store.

33. Dolphin
    34 | March 6, 2013 9:07 pm

@ Calo:
    How are you doing? Wish this crazy weather would make up its mind. Tired of running the AC in the evenings and heater in the am. But not looking forward to 110* either.

Got good news yesterday re: my aunt. Tumors in her brain have ALL shrunk by 30%!! She is still facing stage 4, but still great news!

34. 35 | March 6, 2013 9:08 pm

A great Canadian has passed on. God rest your soul ‘Stompin’ Tom Connors.

36 | March 6, 2013 9:08 pm

Erick Erickson ‏@EWErickson
    Rand Paul, Mike Lee, and Ted Cruz tag team a Paul led filibuster while John McCain and Lindsey Graham have dinner with Barack Obama.

36. Dolphin
    37 | March 6, 2013 9:10 pm

@ darkwords:
    Oh, that I just sick.

37. Calo
    38 | March 6, 2013 9:10 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Heh, somebody made a funny analogy on Twitter about drones.

BRC_807 ‏@Gus_807

… Now let’s talk about the proposal to weaponize fixed security cameras. I wouldn’t run that stop light, if I were you.

38. Calo
    39 | March 6, 2013 9:13 pm

Dolphin wrote:

@ Calo:

Excellent news on your Aunt, Dolphin.

It’s suppose to go down to 40 tonight and in the 70′s tomorrow.
    I don’t know about you, but my allergies have been on overdrive all week.

40 | March 6, 2013 9:14 pm

Dems Block Vote To Denounce Drone-Killing Of U.S. Citizens On American Soil…

Sen. Rand Paul just offered to end his filibuster and allow a vote on CIA nominee John Brennan if he could get a vote tomorrow on a non-binding resolution regarding drone killing of US citizens on US soil. But Assistant Majority Leader Dick Durbin objected to allowing a vote on the resolution. So Paul resumed speaking.

Paul’s resolution said it was the sense of the Senate that “the use of drones to execute or target American citizens on American soil who pose no imminent threat clearly violates Constitutional rights” of due process.

40. Dolphin
    41 | March 6, 2013 9:21 pm

@ Calo:
    Not sure on the allergies I suffer all year round. Don’t like how the meds make me feel. Guess I have gotten used to just living with the allergies. Still sucks.

41. Calo
    42 | March 6, 2013 9:21 pm

I really am glad I am not home to watch the news right now.
    I might have to join those who pulled the plug on cable and just say F*ck It.
    I’ll take care of me and mine and hope you all do the same.

42. Calo
    43 | March 6, 2013 9:30 pm

@ Dolphin:
    Yep, the meds can make you feel rather loopy. I took some last Friday, went out to dinner and had a couple of glasses of wine.

Next thing you know, I was talking Squahili and no one understood me.

43. Dolphin
    44 | March 6, 2013 9:35 pm

@ Calo:
    Thanks. Her lung cancer has moved to her brain. Scary shit. She has been through radiation and has been tested and approved for a chemo pill (can’t remember the name) for the brain tumors. Lung tumors at still there also, but not growing and in fact shrinking also, but it IS stage 4.

44. Calo
    45 | March 6, 2013 9:49 pm

@ Dolphin:
    Stage IV is a difficult diagnosis, I’m sorry to say.

I am glad to see some of the tumors shrinking as that adds in her quality of life and her ability to enjoy her family at this time. Cherish it.

Prayers for you all, Dolphin.

46 | March 6, 2013 9:53 pm

Obama and One-Party Rule

Is Barack Obama’s goal the creation of a one-party system? They’re certainly popular these days. The Chinese are doing pretty well with one.

And Barack seems to be a one-party kind of guy. He prefers like-minded folks like Turkey’s Erdogan.

And ever since his reelection, he’s devoted almost all his time to one-party efforts, doing his best to excoriate the other side. In fact, that’s about all he does…

Having two parties in name only ain’t good enough for the boy king, he wants the whole enchilada…

47 | March 6, 2013 9:54 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

Clearly

47. Dolphin
    48 | March 6, 2013 9:56 pm

@ Calo:
    LOL! Btdt.

Actually it is not funny at all. For the most part I just suffer the affects of allergies.

Do you notice that you suffer most with north winds? I do. My Aunt pointed that out to me years ago. It is all the crap blowing in from the north. Then the winds turn and it all blows back in from the south. I just deal with it. Fortunately I rarely get sick (infection type).

Got to get to bed! Nite all.

48. Dolphin
    49 | March 6, 2013 9:59 pm

@ Calo:
    Thanks for the prayers. Appreciated.

Again nite!

50 | March 6, 2013 10:05 pm

meanwhile….rand is on hour 10 of the filibuster.

some in the gop are growing spines, some are still spineless

51 | March 6, 2013 10:07 pm

and i would like to announce that after a nearly 10 year hiatus, fat beagle brewery is set to re-open and start making stouts, scottish ales and belgian monk stile double and tripples.

where, you ask? well…in my bar and in the lager room underground. pics and details and fun to follow!

51. eaglesoars
    52 | March 6, 2013 10:08 pm

1389AD

I LOVE the dog poster, thank you!!

lobo

per our conversation on earlier thread

I think you are correct. I can find no substantiating law that gives Congress oversight of U.S. Marshals.

52. eaglesoars
    53 | March 6, 2013 10:11 pm

and wtf is Gingrich doing defending our useless governor??

53. eaglesoars
    54 | March 6, 2013 10:12 pm

fat beagle brewery

sorry but I’ve owned the fat beagle for going on 11 years.

I’m suing

55 | March 6, 2013 10:14 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

fat beagle brewery
    sorry but I’ve owned the fat beagle for going on 11 years.
    I’m suing

fat beagle started in 1992.

you lose.

56 | March 6, 2013 10:14 pm

eaglesoars wrote:
    fat beagle brewery
    sorry but I’ve owned the fat beagle for going on 11 years.
    I’m suing

fat beagle started in 1992.
    you lose.

i even get junk-mail with fat beagle brewery on the address line

57 | March 6, 2013 10:18 pm

@ eaglesoars:

They’re the enforcement arm of the federal courts:

The U.S. court system is divided into 94 federal judicial districts, each with a district court. For each district there is a presidentially-appointed and Senate-confirmed United States Marshal, a Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal (GS-15) (and an Assistant Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal (GS-14) in certain larger districts), Supervisory Deputy U.S. Marshals (GS-13),[13] and as many Deputy U.S. Marshals (GS-7 and above)[13] and Special Deputy U.S. Marshals as needed. In the United States federal budget for 2005, funds for 3,067 deputy marshals and criminal investigators were provided. The U.S. Marshal for United States courts of appeals (the 13 circuit courts) is the U.S. Marshal in whose district that court is physically located.

The Director and each United States Marshal are appointed by the President of the United States and subject to confirmation by the United States Senate. The District U.S. Marshal is traditionally appointed from a list of qualified law enforcement personnel for that district or state. Each state has at least one district, while several larger states have three or more.

57. eaglesoars
    58 | March 6, 2013 10:18 pm

fat beagle started in 1992.
    you lose.

I’m going to see if I can order online. Anybody who has ever had to put up with a beagle has my utmost respect. And yes, the challenge -- one of them -- is keeping them not fat.

Another being getting them to shut up

Tust me -- I’ve lost A LOT

59 | March 6, 2013 10:19 pm

fat beagle will also make dego red (a type of wine) made from the grapes growing in my back yard. these grapes are cut from the old italian granpa’s vines here in town. as far as i know, i am the last to have these cuttings. all the grandpa’s are dead and the new owners of the houses got rid of the trellis’s and vines.

(the irony of this is that there is zero italian blood in me)

60 | March 6, 2013 10:20 pm

@ eaglesoars:

i named the brewery after my beagles, the one i owned before i went to the army, and the one i rescued after i got back.

an IT geek friend of mine even printed me labels…in 94. in color.

NIIIICE!

60. eaglesoars
    61 | March 6, 2013 10:22 pm

why have I never given this any thought?

now I have to go find out about the marshal(s) for our area

62 | March 6, 2013 10:23 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

63 | March 6, 2013 10:24 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

why have I never given this any thought?
    now I have to go find out about the marshal(s) for our area

One of the other students in my grad program was a Deputy Marshal.

They’re probably the least-known branch of federal law enforcement, since you pretty much have to be a fugitive in order to be on their radar.

64 | March 6, 2013 10:25 pm

@ eaglesoars:

An interesting bit of trivia: They carry out evicitions within DC, because there’s no Sheriff.

65 | March 6, 2013 10:29 pm

@ The Osprey:

always good to see ian!

65. eaglesoars
    66 | March 6, 2013 10:36 pm

dego red (a type of wine)

oh hell my grandfather grew those and I grew up drinking that. He was Scot/english/shawnee but there were many Italians in the mines. He also made wine from dandelions which I found appalling.

I’m surprised to find you as even a bit of a beagle person. I would have expected them to be a bit stubborn for you.

Ok, they’re the funniest dogs on the planet…….and they never shut up

66. taxfreekiller

Milling Sand Texas.

Drifting Sand Texas.

Blackflat Texas.

Cut and Shoot Texas.

72 | March 6, 2013 10:43 pm

@ eaglesoars:

the dego red will be ready in october.

72. taxfreekiller
    73 | March 6, 2013 10:45 pm

It is so cool.

When Ted Cruz or his dad see ms tfk in the room.

They smile and head to her for a hug.

So dam nice these two and old man Cruz’s wife is way good as is Ted’s wife.

Just real Texans through and through.

Ted will not back down.

73. taxfreekiller
    74 | March 6, 2013 10:50 pm

We got “cedar choppers” too.

look that up

They show at the “Trio Club” when it is open or some bar in Mingus Tx.

Keep in mind someone has to cut all those cedar fence stays in Texas.

They live where they work, they work with axes and chain saws.

12 to 14 hour days, in the heat, in Texas, in ruff country,

makes them mean and a great danger in a bar fight….

74. taxfreekiller
    75 | March 6, 2013 10:52 pm

but then Ted Cruz and the real fight for the constitution is boring and not of intrest in some areas…

75. eaglesoars
    76 | March 6, 2013 10:53 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

Ted will not back down.

we may have to move to texas. what I thought was a conservative gov turned out to be a whore.

@ eaglesoars:
    the dego red will be ready in october.

well then. Is there enough for both of us?

And I gather Rand Paul is still going.

Somehow I don’t think Obama wins this one.

77 | March 6, 2013 10:53 pm

UN Human Rights Council Pays Tribute To Serial Human Rights Abuser Hugo Chavez…

The U.N. Human Rights Council was criticized Wednesday for holding a minute of silence to honor Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, a decision that again illustrated the tension between the body’s actions and its professed commitment to upholding human rights around the world.

78 | March 6, 2013 10:54 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    the dego red will be ready in october.

well then. Is there enough for both of us?

And I gather Rand Paul is still going.

Somehow I don’t think Obama wins this one.

i’ll ship ya a bottle.

and rand is on hour 11.

78. Calo
    79 | March 6, 2013 10:56 pm

@ eaglesoars:

we may have to move to texas

Out, you Northern heathens with all of your foreign beagles who talk to no one.

Just stay North and leave us alone.

79. eaglesoars
    80 | March 6, 2013 10:57 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

We got “cedar choppers” too.
    look that up

Is it really cedar or juniper?

80. eaglesoars
    81 | March 6, 2013 10:58 pm

Calo wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    we may have to move to texas
    Out, you Northern heathens with all of your foreign beagles who talk to no one.
    Just stay North and leave us alone.

wow

mean girls

81. eaglesoars
    82 | March 6, 2013 10:59 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Calo wrote:
    @ eaglesoars:
    we may have to move to texas
    Out, you Northern heathens with all of your foreign beagles who talk to no one.
    Just stay North and leave us alone.
    wow
    mean girls

good nite

82. 83 | March 6, 2013 10:59 pm

Hickenlooper is a known whore. Antigun lobby? slurp, slurp. Gas lobby? slurp slurp.

I actually agree with him on “fracking” but I don’t for a minute think that it i$ from prin$iple

83. 84 | March 6, 2013 11:01 pm

Aww, eagle, I don’t think Calo means it.

85 | March 6, 2013 11:02 pm

@ Zimriel:

I’d like to know how much he and the Dems in the legislature are getting from Bloomberg.

86 | March 6, 2013 11:06 pm

Calo wrote:

?

86. Calo
    87 | March 6, 2013 11:09 pm

@ Zimriel:
    Nah, it’s OK, Zimeriel.

I forgot my sarc tags tonight and was just trying to get eaglesoars mind off her problems with Molly. Albeit, a bit awkwardly.

{{{Molly}}}

88 | March 6, 2013 11:10 pm

Is Hickenlooper the popcorn guy or the chocolate chip cookie guy?

Oh, nevermind, that’s Redenbacher and Spunkmeyer.

89 | March 6, 2013 11:12 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

Ted Cruz is friggin’ awesome. You Texans are lucky to have him.

89. Calo
    90 | March 6, 2013 11:12 pm

It was sarcasm, it seems like everyone wants to move to Texas these days.

Get off my damn lawn.

91 | March 6, 2013 11:13 pm

Rubio up

92 | March 6, 2013 11:14 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Is Hickenlooper the popcorn guy or the chocolate chip cookie guy?
    Oh, nevermind, that’s Redenbacher and Spunkmeyer.

dont be bad mouthing orville.

93 | March 6, 2013 11:17 pm

@ The Osprey:

always good to see ian!

The last word in Rhodesian…

94 | March 6, 2013 11:17 pm

Calo wrote:

It was sarcasm, it seems like everyone wants to move to Texas these days.
    Get off my damn lawn.

no, its:

getoffmylawnyoudamnkids!

then be a grump and curmudgeon. be sure to bitch about new things.

95 | March 6, 2013 11:18 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Is Hickenlooper the popcorn guy or the chocolate chip cookie guy?
    Oh, nevermind, that’s Redenbacher and Spunkmeyer.

dont be bad mouthing orville.

Only when the hulls get stuck between my teeth. :lol:

96 | March 6, 2013 11:18 pm

i swear to god, if i bring home one more saline flush noah will be able to build his arc here.

anyone need an alcohol wipe????

96. Calo
    97 | March 6, 2013 11:20 pm

Pockets full of work stuff?

98 | March 6, 2013 11:22 pm

@ The Osprey:

i have a couple of rhodesian army patches that i am going to sew onto my cammo srubs bought from here.

just for fun!

:evil:

99 | March 6, 2013 11:22 pm

Calo wrote:

Pockets full of work stuff?

jeeze!

i’ve had to destroy a few things once i got home.

99. Calo
    100 | March 6, 2013 11:25 pm

LOL, no!

No comment.

101 | March 6, 2013 11:26 pm

Calo wrote:

LOL, no!
    No comment.

i sure as hell am not going to admit to having a hella good first aid kit.

nope.

101. eaglesoars
    102 | March 6, 2013 11:27 pm

Calo wrote:

@ Zimriel:
    Nah, it’s OK, Zimeriel.
    {{{Molly}}}

sorry I took offense. I should have known better especially coming from you.

please accept my apology

hasn’t been easy around here but that’s no excuse.

again, very sorry.

102. Calo
    103 | March 6, 2013 11:36 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    I guess I should probably ‘fess up and tell you how I dragged around my cat last year to work for weeks so I could tube fed him every 2 hours trying to save his life. We do what we have to do for our babies.

103. eaglesoars
    104 | March 6, 2013 11:37 pm

@ Calo:

{{Calo}}

105 | March 6, 2013 11:38 pm

Calo wrote:

@ eaglesoars:

jevity 1.2 @ 5ml/hr?

106 | March 6, 2013 11:40 pm

Filibuster’s still going.

Pat Toomey is talking now.

107 | March 6, 2013 11:41 pm

Filibuster’s still going.
    Pat Toomey is talking now.

MY MAN!

108 | March 6, 2013 11:42 pm

Filibuster’s still going.
    Pat Toomey is talking now.

perhaps the new guard is rising?

rand, cruz, toomey….

108. Calo
    109 | March 6, 2013 11:45 pm

It was terrible, 10 ml/hr of whatever the HiCal food was mixed with water. Through an itty bitty NG … 1/4 cc every 2 minutes. Good God, I was so sleep deprived trying to keep up.

Now, I need some Donnie Iris, please.

110 | March 6, 2013 11:46 pm

I don’t get the Pearl Harbor connection

111 | March 6, 2013 11:49 pm

Calo wrote:

Now, I need some Donnie Iris, please.

you wish is donnie’s command:

a rare one