#Caturday: Every Cat Needs a Dog, Vol. III

by 1389AD ( 47 Comments › )
Filed under Caturday, Dog Day Afternoon, Open thread at March 9th, 2013 - 6:00 pm

Cat & Dog 13

Cat & Dog 14

Cat & Dog 15

Cat & Dog 16

Cat & Dog 17

Cat & Dog 18

Tags:

Comments

47 Responses to “#Caturday: Every Cat Needs a Dog, Vol. III”

1. 1 | March 9, 2013 6:27 pm

Great pictures!

2. AZfederalist
    2 | March 9, 2013 7:07 pm

@ mfhorn:

Second that.

3. eaglesoars
    3 | March 9, 2013 7:18 pm

Ah I’ve been waiting!

The 2nd pic is my fave.

The third pic – the look on that cat is hysterical

WHERE THE HELL DID THIS THING COME FROM??

you should have caption contests

4 | March 9, 2013 7:59 pm

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

;-)

5 | March 9, 2013 8:12 pm

dogs and cats suck…especially together

6. brookly red
    6 | March 9, 2013 8:13 pm

/I don’t fall for the propaganda cats liking dogs is like liberals helping children… just another photo op :)

7 | March 9, 2013 8:18 pm

@ heysoos:

The last time I was at the pet store, they were selling giant effing centipedes as pets.

8. brookly red
    8 | March 9, 2013 8:21 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ heysoos:

better pets than meals…

10 | March 9, 2013 8:26 pm

actually I was just fishing for some outrage…I’ve been around plenty of dogs and cats, even together…I prefer pets that are a bit rough around the edges and disagreeable…others need robot monkeys to coo over

11 | March 9, 2013 8:36 pm

Saturday night blues…classic Savoy Brown
    httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUMszOb5Mys

12 | March 9, 2013 8:41 pm

Well, we managed to stop two of the idiotic new laws the Dems are trying to pass here in Colorado, at least for the moment. The campus concealed carry ban and the ridiculous bill that would make gun manufacturers and sellers liable for what purchasers do were both shot down late last night on the Senate floor.

13 | March 9, 2013 8:44 pm

good news, I’ve been following a bit…some friggin nutty donks up there..in fact they’re everywhere…Martinez packs, we have that going for us down here

13. eaglesoars
    14 | March 9, 2013 8:46 pm

brookly red wrote:

This is amazing… http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2290803/My-little-brother-Barack-Obama-Hes-12-wives-accused-o-beating-wants-President-Kenya–Meet-Obamas-VERY-outspoken-sibling.html

‘My father instilled that in all of us,’ he says. ‘He used to say, “No matter what, you are the very best, because I’m from the best stock. Always keep that in your mind.”

Oh just shut the fuck up

All of you

15 | March 9, 2013 8:46 pm

heysoos wrote:

This crap is coming from Bloomberg and Biden. They’re using us as a test case.

16 | March 9, 2013 8:48 pm

blues older than Savoy Brown…
    from Centerville Texas…Lightning Hopkins
    httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCqEOboRctY

16. brookly red
    17 | March 9, 2013 8:53 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

brookly red wrote:

Oh just shut the fuck up

All of you

pass that around very few people actually where dear leader comes from.

18 | March 9, 2013 8:53 pm

heysoos wrote:
    This crap is coming from Bloomberg and Biden. They’re using us as a test case.

probably, but these draconian measures really expose these nuts…I’m not sure what they think they have to gain politically, they can’t WANT to get toss under the bus….other than that, the only explanation is that they actually believe in this insane stuff they propose, and I think they do…but it’s getting surreal

18. brookly red
    19 | March 9, 2013 8:55 pm

now if they would make drug dealers liable for wh… oh never mind I keep thinking we are dealing with sane people.

20 | March 9, 2013 9:03 pm

(NY Post)

Bill Gates would probably prefer the Waldorf.

Mayor Bloomberg yesterday put his foot in his mouth by suggesting homeless shelters are bursting at the seams because anyone can get a bed — even the filthy rich.

“You can arrive in your private jet at Kennedy Airport, take a private limousine and go straight to the shelter system, walk in the door, and we’ve got to give you shelter,” the billionaire mayor fumed on his weekly WOR radio show.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/bloomberg/2013/03/09/bloomberg-worried-private-jet-owners-could-clog-nyc-homeless-shelters#ixzz2N69uDsc8

Bloomberg is a nut. Smart man, but a nut.

20. eaglesoars
    21 | March 9, 2013 9:05 pm

brookly red wrote:

eaglesoars wrote:

brookly red wrote:

Oh just shut the fuck up

All of you

pass that around very few people actually where dear leader comes from.

oh it’s not just dear leader. I’m sick to death of all of these race whores.

Wapo’s style section – front page – something about playing a slave in Williamsburg has psychological challenges.

then don’t do it.

vomit

22 | March 9, 2013 9:07 pm

brookly red wrote:

I could MAYBE support that if it were limited to “victims” below a certain age of consent, but I don’t see a problem for a prosecutor, without passing any NEW legislation, to convict a crack dealer for selling crack to a 12-year old kid and killing him.

That’s a REAL slippery slope, IMHO.

22. 23 | March 9, 2013 9:08 pm

brookly red wrote:

The Coloradans, for now, remain sane enough to understand the precedent it sets. Barely.

24 | March 9, 2013 9:15 pm

@ Zimriel:

That liability law was the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen, and I’ve read a lot of stupid legislation. They basically said that anyone who sells or transfers an “assault weapon” (which they redefined to include all semi-auto rifles and shotguns) has to assume that it will be misused, and that they’ll be held responsible. The only way to transfer one without liability would be to turn it over to a law enforcement agency…for a fee.

24. 25 | March 9, 2013 9:18 pm

Speaking of crazy leadership –
    httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qa9VjuzTJs

No future, no future for you

25. 26 | March 9, 2013 9:27 pm

@ Zimriel:

An imitation from New York
    httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDwKuZotF3U

26. 27 | March 9, 2013 9:34 pm

Zimriel wrote:

We’ll soon see how long Обама sits still before he sticks his nose into the whole process again. Watch for another Newtown….

28 | March 9, 2013 9:43 pm

sex pistols?…
    wth? is that?

29 | March 9, 2013 10:04 pm

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtGjJVcrKQU

30 | March 9, 2013 10:15 pm

@ Bumr50:
    I saw ELP once, maybe ’71…they opened for Yes at the Eastown Theater in Detroit…anyway most od what I remeber about ELP was Emerson attacking and pounding his keys like slaves..at one point in there he was rocking his full blown upright piano back and forth..I mean this half ton piano and he’s rocking and riding it like a horse…then there were the gongs

31 | March 9, 2013 10:19 pm

ELP, Yes, Pink Floyd, Blodwyn Pig…those bands were so far out to this blues boys frame of reference…I liked them but wtf is this art stuff?

32 | March 9, 2013 10:20 pm

@ heysoos:

I’m jealous.

Have you listened to Yes’ ‘Fly From Here’?

Came out a couple of years ago.

Not bad, IMHO.

33 | March 9, 2013 10:23 pm

@ heysoos:

I think that Pink Floyd is primarily a “blues band,” although certainly not in the traditional sense.

I don’t consider them “prog rock.”

I’m just starting to enjoy King Crimson.

34 | March 9, 2013 10:27 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ heysoos:
    I’m jealous.
    Have you listened to Yes’ ‘Fly From Here’?
    Came out a couple of years ago.
    Not bad, IMHO.

nah, I’m not into that stuff anymore, but I still very much appreciate was Yes did…the only time I ever saw them was that one show and they blew me away…Steve Howe was right in front of me…they were a bit late, freezing outside and Anderson missed a high note on the very first song and apologized a couple of times for it…like who cares?…they really busted loose that night, talk about a wall of sound…the Yes Album tour

35 | March 9, 2013 10:36 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ heysoos:
    I don’t consider them “prog rock.”
    I’m just starting to enjoy King Crimson.

PF is an interesting story…initially they were a avant bluesy band, but they adapted so rapidly from clubs to arenas to the epic venues…and they made their sound fill any huge place…it takes guts to go out in front of 200k and play..David Gilmour hasn’t missed a note in 40 years…the guy is a stud

36 | March 9, 2013 10:39 pm

heysoos wrote:

PF is an interesting story

They are my favorite band.

I’ve got quite a bit of Floyd stuff.

Nick Mason’s book from a couple of years back is pretty good.

36. 37 | March 9, 2013 10:42 pm

@ mfhorn:
    @ AZfederalist:
    eaglesoars wrote:

Ah I’ve been waiting!
    The 2nd pic is my fave.
    The third pic — the look on that cat is hysterical
    WHERE THE HELL DID THIS THING COME FROM??
    you should have caption contests

@ Bumr50:
    LOL…glad you like ‘em … CzechRebel forwarded them to me.

heysoos wrote:

El Gato and La Gata are pretty mild-mannered. You might not like them!

38 | March 9, 2013 10:46 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

heysoos wrote:
    PF is an interesting story
    They are my favorite band.
    I’ve got quite a bit of Floyd stuff.
    Nick Mason’s book from a couple of years back is pretty good.

I’ll bet, their story is epic..a few nights back I watched a Gilmour show from not too long ago…he’s just amazing

39 | March 9, 2013 10:52 pm

maybe the best break/solo ever played in that style…
    Gilmours guitar adds the agonizingly beautiful texture…an almost perfect blend of vocals, musicianship…
    httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jySUpMqmzd4

40 | March 9, 2013 10:55 pm

@ heysoos:

Was it the Live in Gdansk performance?

That was a cool show. It was for the anniversary of Solidarnosc, and he played a shipyard with a Philharmonic and famous Polish pianist.

His solo during ‘A Great Day for Freedom’ is one of his better, more recent public bits of playing.

40. eaglesoars
    41 | March 9, 2013 11:36 pm

Streets of Fire

I Can Dream About You

41. Calo
    42 | March 10, 2013 12:43 am

I had a lovely conversation with Chuck’s new BFF, Bill Schmalfeldt’s ex- wife this morning.. And, although I have an axe to grind with Stranahan, I must agree with him regarding Schmalfeldt, a rather vile person, here.

42. Calo
    43 | March 10, 2013 12:44 am

@ Calo:
    Woops, sorry, I’m posting at the wrong blog.

43. Lily
    44 | March 10, 2013 12:57 am

@ Calo:

Nope I think you got the right one.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwzuOR88Jes

44. Calo
    45 | March 10, 2013 1:03 am

@ Lily:
    Heh, there is life here tonight.

I thought I was pulling a Lily all by myself.

45. Lily
    46 | March 10, 2013 1:22 am

@ Calo:

Only a fly-by for me….I swear someone put a hex on me…my back has flared up on me….now I got to go to a back doctor, regular doc thinks its a spinched nerve…which is making Cardio-Theraphy just fun and dandy! Darn it. I swear if it weren’t for bad luck I’d have no luck at all at times.

46. Calo
    47 | March 10, 2013 1:28 am

@ Lily:

I swear someone put a hex on me

No nics come to my mind.

Try and get some sleep tonight, Lily.I am going to try and do the same.