Porky Pig (Jeb Bush) denies his last name has baggage

by Rodan ( 173 Comments › )
Filed under Elections 2016, George W. Bush, Republican Party at March 11th, 2013 - 8:00 am

Jebisapig

The Republican Establishment, led by the Corrupt Consultant Class, lives in an alternate universe. They thought 2012 would be a cakewalk and dismissed polls that did not conform to their world view. Instead, thanks to OFA, Obama won against all historical trends. Instead of trying to match or surpass OFA the GOP Establishment seems to be uniting behind a familiar name; Bush.

I, for the life of me, will never understand the emotional attachment Republican voters have for the Bush family. Poppy Bush destroyed the Reagan coalition and lost the Northeast, Upper Midwest and California permanently for the Republican Party. Baby Bush destroyed the Republican party’s credibility on national security, fiscal and economic issues. As a result for these two disastrous presidencies the Republican Party has become despised and, at best, a regional party that appeals to a shrinking pool of voters. Yet there is an chance that another Bush could win the GOP nod in 2016.

Jeb Bush is all but telegraphing that he is planning a Presidential run in 2016. He even delusionally thinks that the Bush name has no baggage.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) on Sunday said the Bush family name will not drag down his political ambitions as he left open the possibility of running for president in 2016.

When asked whether the legacy of his brother, former President George W. Bush, who has a higher unfavorable than favorable rating, would be a liability, Bush said no.

“I don’t think there’s any Bush baggage at all. I love my brother. I’m proud of his accomplishments. I love my dad. I’m proud to be a Bush and if I run for president it’s not because of something in my DNA that compels me to do it,” Bush said on “Fox News Sunday” after host Chris Wallace cited a poll showing the former president with a 49 percent unfavorable rating.

Wow, talk about being delusional! Jeb Bush may win the Republican nomination thanks to the affection many Republican voters have for his family but not a general election. Jeb would all but guarantee what is likely to be a 2016 Democrat cakewalk.
This is just another example of how the Republican Party Establishment have become a joke. They live in an insular bubble detached from reality. If the Democrats were not so evil, delusions of the Republican Establishment and its allies would be a hysterical comedy. But alas, thanks to the joke it has become, the Republican Party Establishment is enabling the creation of One Party rule in Washington.

Tags: ,

Comments

173 Responses to “Porky Pig (Jeb Bush) denies his last name has baggage”

1. 1 | March 11, 2013 8:31 am

He’s delusional, and that isn’t something that is attractive in a Presidential candidate. Bush is unelectible, too. His name has massive baggage. Baggage he can’t hope to overcome. If he is nominated, it will effectively coronate the Democrat candidate.

2. 2 | March 11, 2013 8:37 am

This is really turning into a comedy for me. Jeb was on 5 shows yesterday. It’s obvious what is going on here.

I’m not even mad at this, I am just laughing!

3. 3 | March 11, 2013 8:39 am

He looks like Porky Pig.

4. 4 | March 11, 2013 8:40 am

I’m pretty mad about it. It is obvious what is going on here. The Republican Party is self-destructing. Did you see where Boehner was threatening to pass gun control legislation without a Republican majority in the House? Self-destruction. If they do that, the Tea Party will split off into a Third Party for real, and the Republicans will go the way of the Whigs.

5. rain of lead
    5 | March 11, 2013 8:40 am

mornin ya’ll
    hey IF

jeez, that pic pic sure makes him look like a corrupt thug pol…
    oh wait

meh
    since the news is ssdd I,m gonna go back and play some more tomb raider

this series reboot is the most fun I’ve had in playing a video game in years

6. theoutsider
    6 | March 11, 2013 8:43 am

It wasn’t Poppy Bush that lost the Northeast, upper Midwest, and California, it was Pat Buchanan and Dan Quayle.

7. 7 | March 11, 2013 8:43 am

@ rain of lead:

Morning, Rain! Tell Momcat “Hi!” for me :D

8. 8 | March 11, 2013 8:44 am

What pissed me off was the actions of the GOPE after what Rand Paul did. Paul connected with many Americans of all political stripes. Instead of jumping on this momentum, the GOPE gave the orders to destroy Rand Paul. Now on every Conservative blog, except this one he is an evil anti-semite.

The treatment of Rand Paul spoke volumes as to what the GOP is about. Plus not allowing Pam Geller and Robert Spencer at CPAC was another slap at the face.

9. 9 | March 11, 2013 8:45 am

@ theoutsider:

You must have missed his “No new taxes” pledge and his gun control sell-out. You really think all those Perot voters were pissed about dissing Murphy Brown?

10. 10 | March 11, 2013 8:45 am

@ rain of lead:

I have been watching the World Baseball Classic.

since the news is ssdd I,m gonna go back and play some more tomb raider

Just view it as comedy!

11. 11 | March 11, 2013 8:47 am

theoutsider wrote:

Quayle was just carrying orders out from Poppy. He had an anemic economy and was foced on a TV show character. Poppy allowed Buchanan’s speech in the 92 Convention.

12. rain of lead
    12 | March 11, 2013 8:47 am

hey thanks
    will do

she’s still hanging in…the copd is taking a toll but she does pop in and lurk evey day, likes to know what you guys are talking about

13. 13 | March 11, 2013 8:47 am

I haven’t seen Rand Paul called an anti-Semite, but I can see them trying to tie him to his father, who is an anti-Semite. It is like I said the other day, Rand Paul has to overcome the baggage of his name, just as Jeb Bush has to do his. Bush is terminal, though. Rand Paul, not so much, though he’ll piss off all his father’s legions if he does.

14. theoutsider
    14 | March 11, 2013 8:57 am

Quayle was carrying out orders from Bush? I’ve never heard that before. Letting Buchanan speak at the convention was despicable.

15. 15 | March 11, 2013 8:59 am

On this very blog he’s been called an anti-Semite. All becasue he does not support the Neocons and their Pro-Saudi Arabia/Qatar/Muslim Brotherhood/al-Qaeda agenda. They have twsisted it to where if you are not Pro Islamic nation building, you are an anti-Semite. It’s twisted logic, but they are pulling it off.

As for Ron Paul’s followers they have split in half. The non anti-Semites are with Rand Paul, the others hate him.

In all seriousness, I am viewing politics as a joke. I can’t take it serious.

16. 16 | March 11, 2013 9:02 am

theoutsider wrote:

Quayle was VP. They do not do anyhting without the blessings of Poppy.

Let me ask you an honest question. Why are Leftists so angry still? You have practically no opposition and are on the verge of a One Party domination. Your side should be happy, instead I still see anger. What gives?

17 | March 11, 2013 9:06 am

Jeb is either monumentally stupid (clueless) or is a big fat liar if he think that his last name brings no baggage with it.

18 | March 11, 2013 9:08 am

The Bush clan are the anti-Reagan’s. Ronald Reagan was pro Israel, GHWB was anti-Israel. Reagan was populist, Bush was elitist. GHWB called Reaganomics “Voodoo economics”.

19. 19 | March 11, 2013 9:08 am

On this very blog he’s been called an anti-Semite.

Who’s called him an anti-Semite? I must have missed that. I’ve seen a lot of questions about his father, bu tnot allegations that he’s an anti-Semite. Rand is very pro-Israel. He couldn’t be more different than his father in that regard. That’s one big reason the Paulbots won’t support him. Paulbots are, for the most part, a bunch of anti-Semites.

20. 20 | March 11, 2013 9:08 am

Speranza wrote:

I think he is cluless and lives in a bubble.

22 | March 11, 2013 9:09 am

Any one with the last name “Bush” could not be elected whether they were related to the clan or not.

23 | March 11, 2013 9:09 am

mskelly wrote:

One of Pope Benedict XVI’s last acts: canonizing 800 Christian martyrs murdered by Muslims

A martyr in Christianity is someone who was murdered for being Christian. A martyr for Islam is one who kills non Muslims.

24 | March 11, 2013 9:10 am

Speranza wrote:

I think he is cluless and lives in a bubble.

Yeah he gets told by fat fuck Rove, anti-Semite Baker, and evil Scowcroft that they all were really popular.

25 | March 11, 2013 9:11 am

Watch Colin Powell come around and say “Jeb is my kind of Republican”.

25. 26 | March 11, 2013 9:12 am

Check out Coldwarrior’s special report and you will see the allegations.

But like i said, I no longer get mad, I laugh. A big hoax is being perprated and no one sees it.

26. 27 | March 11, 2013 9:12 am

@ Speranza:

Islam’s core tenet is that the way to great group-sex in Heaven is to take as many infidels with you as you can when you comitt suicide. Islam is the anti-Christian religion. I believe that it is the religion that will spawn the anti-Christ.

27. 28 | March 11, 2013 9:13 am

@ Speranza:

Rove is the reason Jeb is delsuional. Watch Fox News, Talk Shows, Hot Air and other RNC approved blogs push Jeb as the only electable one.

29 | March 11, 2013 9:13 am

Rand is no anti-Semite.

30 | March 11, 2013 9:14 am

@ Speranza:

The same ones who claimed that -- McCain was the most most electable.

31 | March 11, 2013 9:15 am

@ Speranza:

The Anti-Christ was named Mohammad.

32 | March 11, 2013 9:15 am

I’m not even mad at this, I am just laughing!

Yet they did not have Ted Cruz or Rand Paul on. Interesting.

32. 33 | March 11, 2013 9:16 am

Islam is trash but it has political power. Look at how Robert Spencer and Pam Geller have been banned from CPAC.

Both the GOP and Democrats are whores of the Caliphate. It is the biggest joke being perpretated and not many see it.

33. 34 | March 11, 2013 9:16 am

Well, if the Republican “leadership” in the House does push gun control over the majority Republican opinion, I’m going to guess that will pretty much insure a third party split-off. The “leadership” is not just stepping, but fervently leaping onto what until recently has been a hidden but extrememly high-voltage “Third Rail” of politics. It’s not hidden any more, and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this shit out, given current events. Anybody buying into this meme with aspirations to running for the presidency in 2016 can look forward to their Wiki entry saying “loser.”

34. theoutsider
    35 | March 11, 2013 9:16 am

I’m just asking a question. I voted for Bush in 1988. I would never vote for a Republican in the near or far future. They definitely have to improve their image. That is my POINT.

36 | March 11, 2013 9:17 am

theoutsider wrote:

Poppy Bush enabled them. Poppy allowed Buchanan to make that stupid 1992 speech and Poppy approved of the “Murphy Brown” campaign that Quayle later admitted was a terrible mistake.

36. 37 | March 11, 2013 9:17 am

@ Speranza:

Nope, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul struck a nerve. The media will cover it and the GOP Establishment is going along with it.

38 | March 11, 2013 9:18 am

James Baker -- “Fuck the Jews, they didn’t vote for us”.
    Barack Obama -- “Fuck the Jews, they voted for us”.

39 | March 11, 2013 9:19 am

@ Speranza:

They allowed Porky on because they want to promote him in order to crush him in 2016.

39. 40 | March 11, 2013 9:20 am

@ theoutsider:

The Republican Party is a joke. I am very close to never voting for them either. I am NOT voting Republican in the 2014 State elections in Florida. The Govenor caved to the Family Values crowd by not supporting Gambling expansion in Florida. This is an anti-Free Market idea and I can not support a Party that claims it is Pro-Business, but is in reality not.

Both Democrats and Republicans are Leftwing joksters.

41 | March 11, 2013 9:20 am

The fact that the insidious Grover Norquist is a “player” tells you all you need to know about today’s Republican Party.

41. 42 | March 11, 2013 9:21 am

@ Speranza:

The Democrats are favored in 2016 anyway thanks to the joke the GOP has become and OFA. With Jeb at at the top of the ticket, the Democrats are looking at a 40 State landslide.

42. 43 | March 11, 2013 9:22 am

@ Speranza:

Groups with ties to White Nationalists are allowed at CPAC. Anti-Islamists are not. CPAC is a disgrace and should be boycotted.

44 | March 11, 2013 9:24 am

@ Speranza:

Also banning GOProud was despicable. Keep narrowing the tent boys!

45 | March 11, 2013 9:25 am

@ Speranza:

After 8 years of one party, the opposition party usually has an edge but we shall see. I am not giving up on 2016 so soon.

45. 46 | March 11, 2013 9:25 am

@ Speranza:

I am practically out of the tent. In all honesty, I view politics as a joke right now. It really is hillarious!

46. 47 | March 11, 2013 9:25 am

Look at how Robert Spencer and Pam Geller have been banned from CPAC.

That is troubling. I agree with you that Islam has too much political power. It is clear that terrorism works. 9-11 was a great victory for the Caliphate. We should have made it a date that Muslims would mourn for eternity.

47. 48 | March 11, 2013 9:29 am

@ Speranza:

Not in this case. You have whole segmenst of the population who hate the Republican Party. You have many on the Right like me who are starting to hate the GOP as well.

Look at the Demographics. Unless Republicans do better with Younger voters, Single Women, Hispanics and Asians, they are toast. If they do try to expand their reach to these groups, then many Republicans voters will walk away. They are screwed and its going to take a major screw up by Dems to change the attitude of the electorate.

48. 49 | March 11, 2013 9:30 am

Islam is the very least of our problems -- a distraction, nothing more, at the moment. The dangerous enemies are a mere 75 miles ESE of me right now.

49. 50 | March 11, 2013 9:32 am

We should have made it a date that Muslims would mourn for eternity.

Yup, that’s what it should be. Instead you have Democrats and Republicans trying to outdue each other in who supports the Muslim Brotherhood or al-Qaeda more.

This is why I do not take any of this as serious. It’s a joke that in reality is a national tragedy.

Hey at 12, AZ has his Data mining post up on OFA.

50. 51 | March 11, 2013 9:33 am

@ Mike C.:

Always defending your Qatari and Saudi buddies? Spare me.

51. mtc
    52 | March 11, 2013 9:33 am

More Pope news: EWTN has coverage of the conclave starting tomorrow at 4:45 AM eastern with the Mass to elect the new Pope. At 11 AM, they will cover the Cardinal’s procession into the Sistine chapel. Also, Jeb Bush is Catholic and he represented the US at Benedict XVI’s installation Mass. Yesterday, I was at Wendy’s and saw a cardinal fly in front of my car and land on a bush. A sign perhaps?

52. mtc
    54 | March 11, 2013 9:34 am

@ mtc:
    I want Cardinal Dolan!

53. 55 | March 11, 2013 9:36 am

@ mskelly:

Hello mskelly. Words fail me when I read stories like this. It’s one reason why I developed the meme: [Deleted]

54. 56 | March 11, 2013 9:37 am

@ mtc:

Isn’t he the guy who’d excommunicate Нанси Пелоси and various other politicians for supporting abortion?

55. 57 | March 11, 2013 9:38 am

@ mskelly:

It is very rare that you get a Democrat who is honest about what they want to do on gun control. Chicago is the model for the Democrats, as it is for so much. They want all of America to be Chicago. It is, for them, the perfect State.

56. theoutsider
    58 | March 11, 2013 9:38 am

@ Speranza:
    Banning Christie was despicable too. The guy is conservative.

57. 59 | March 11, 2013 9:38 am

@ mtc:

Maybe they can name Jeb Bush Pope and spare us!

58. mtc
    60 | March 11, 2013 9:41 am

@ Macker:
    They are already excommunicated by their actions. But Cardinal Burke would make their bishops throw them out formally with a letter.

59. Lily
    61 | March 11, 2013 9:42 am

@ rain of lead:
    I have been watching the World Baseball Classic.
    since the news is ssdd I,m gonna go back and play some more tomb raider
    Just view it as comedy!

Either that or bring up another topic and discuss it. Sometimes you just have to step back and tune out all the noise.
    So they are trying to do a number Rand Paul when Paul really did a number and got a lot of attention? Idiots they aren’t just in the democratic party.
    Oh and as far as another the Bush in the White House someone in the GOP is dreaming big time. Just like we don’t need another Clinton president. Dreaming.

60. 62 | March 11, 2013 9:42 am

@ mskelly:

He that is honesty!

61. 63 | March 11, 2013 9:42 am

@ theoutsider:

Of course you support Christie. After that public blow-job he gave Obama during the election, I’m sure he’s your kind of Republican. Which is why he was banned from CPAC. The guy’s no Conservative.

62. Lily
    64 | March 11, 2013 9:43 am

rain of lead wrote:

hey thanks
    will do

Glad to hear she is doing okay…tell her to comment we don’t bite. ;)

63. mtc
    65 | March 11, 2013 9:43 am

An interesting bit of trivia: The birds are named after the cardinals, not the other way around.

64. 66 | March 11, 2013 9:44 am

@ Lily:

I view politics as a comedy right now. Just sit back and laugh! The whole Jeb Bush thing is funny, becasue it’s so obvious.

Good morning to you by the way!

65. Lily
    67 | March 11, 2013 9:46 am

theoutsider wrote:

Oh and denying God 3x at the DNC last year was brilliant? You are living in the past …

66. 68 | March 11, 2013 9:47 am

theoutsider wrote:

@ Speranza:
    Banning Christie was despicable too. The guy is conservative.

I do not think he should have been banned from CPAC. I rather he would have went and got booed.

That’s a reason I do not support CPAC. They are just Saudi/Qatari/Muslim Brotherhood enablers. I do not take the Conservative movement serious at this point. It’s a joke and very bad one at that.

69 | March 11, 2013 9:47 am

@ Speranza:

Oh we definitely have our work cut out for us. I hate the Republican Party but I fear the Democratic party. There is a difference.

70 | March 11, 2013 9:47 am

theoutsider wrote:

@ Speranza:
    Banning Christie was despicable too. The guy is conservative.

I agree.

69. Lily
    71 | March 11, 2013 9:47 am

theoutsider wrote:
    Quayle was VP. They do not do anyhting without the blessings of Poppy.

Hey I’ve seen the same thing….can’t get a clear cut answer…

70. 72 | March 11, 2013 9:48 am

The Left loves Republicans who are traitors.

71. 73 | March 11, 2013 9:48 am

Feel good story of the day -- renowned “economist” Paul Krugman Files Chapter 13 Bankruptcy

74 | March 11, 2013 9:49 am

theoutsider wrote:

He would not have made that stupid speech without Poppy’s approval.

75 | March 11, 2013 9:49 am

mskelly wrote:

Feel good story of the day — renowned “economist” Paul Krugman Files Chapter 13 Bankruptcy

And we need to take economic advice from him?????

74. theoutsider
    76 | March 11, 2013 9:50 am

I don’t support Christie. My advice to the Republican party is to take a little bit of Christie and a little bit of Paul, then they have something. Throw away Walnuts McCain and Miss Lindsey.

75. 77 | March 11, 2013 9:50 am

@ Speranza:

I do not like the situation we are in, but I have to be realistic. This would be funny if it was not tragic for the country.

The problems of the Republican Party lie at the feet of the Bush family and their stooges like Rove.

78 | March 11, 2013 9:50 am

The Left loves Republicans who are traitors.

And their “love” only goes so far -- ask John McCain.

77. Lily
    79 | March 11, 2013 9:50 am

mskelly wrote:

Whoa! Which convinces me and this is what I thought from the beginning …that Pope Benedict is seeing something coming down the pipe that he isn’t healthy enough for…not only physically but spiritually.
    Something is going on more than his bad health. Just my opinion.

78. 80 | March 11, 2013 9:50 am

@ mskelly:

81 | March 11, 2013 9:51 am

@ Speranza:

They are stuck still pining for Reagan to rise from the grave.

80. 82 | March 11, 2013 9:51 am

@ Speranza:

Christie will be in for a surprise should he be the GOP nominee in 2016.

81. Lily
    83 | March 11, 2013 9:52 am

@ Speranza:

I agree and even some muslims who have converted to Christianity have even said that.

82. 84 | March 11, 2013 9:53 am

@ Speranza:

Today’s Republican electorate would reject Reagan. He had an optimistic view of the future. Today’s GOP electorate loves fire and brimstone.

85 | March 11, 2013 9:53 am

theoutsider wrote:

Believe it or not I agree with you.

84. 86 | March 11, 2013 9:53 am

Islam is trash.

85. 87 | March 11, 2013 9:54 am

@ mskelly:

Nobel prize-winning economist fails Basic Economics 101. Priceless!

86. Lily
    88 | March 11, 2013 9:55 am

theoutsider wrote:

Oh and the democrats imagine is great???? LOL! Yeah right/NOT.

87. 89 | March 11, 2013 9:55 am

theoutsider wrote:

You are spot on there! Also another word of advise for Republicans, stay out the Bushes!

90 | March 11, 2013 9:55 am

@ Speranza:

Well you speak for your self because i ain’t like that and the two guys who won the nomination the last two times were hardly “fire and brimstone” guys. If what you say is true then we would’ve had Bachmann/Santorum. The problem is the Republican Party is not expanding its pool of voters.

91 | March 11, 2013 9:56 am

mskelly wrote:

And this guy won the Nobel prize for economics, as did Obama. The Nobel prize means nothing these days. I rarely read Paul Krugman but I’ve seen him on TV and he’s a total jerk.

90. 92 | March 11, 2013 9:57 am

@ mskelly:
    Nobel prize-winning economist fails Basic Economics 101. Priceless!

Any shocker! He said the Stimulus was not enough and he thinks we need more deficit spending.

91. 93 | March 11, 2013 9:59 am

@ Speranza:

Romney had to do Fire and Brimstone to win the nomination. He became a clone of Santorum and that cost him.

92. 94 | March 11, 2013 10:00 am

That’s what he did -- austerity HELL NO! On to Tiffany’s we go!

(high-larious)

93. 95 | March 11, 2013 10:01 am

Like I ask the Outsider, how much debt is enough? $16 trillion and counting isn’t enough. A trillion dollars a year for the last four years isn’t enough. Is there enough money in the world for the debt to get high enough for them? It just goes to what I say. The Democrats want to bankrupt America. They want the economic collapse, because then they will be able to have their violent revolution and create their Marxist Utopia.

94. 96 | March 11, 2013 10:02 am

@ mskelly:

I guess Krugman thought he was too big to fail and Obama would bail him out!

95. Lily
    97 | March 11, 2013 10:05 am

@ Lily:
    Good morning to you by the way!

Morning Rodan…right I don’t really think about politic’s all that much….what is there to say at this point? Whenever I think it will go one way..it goes another way..so right now I’m just keeping an eye on it and going really? I hear others talk and it isn’t anything nice about obama. Especially about obamacare.
    Right now (although still surprised obama got re-elected I knew there was a good chance) still terribly shocked about the Pope stepping down.
    And good morning to you too. I’ve got Cardio-theraphy this morning and this day-light savings time has me all backwards. ;)

96. 98 | March 11, 2013 10:06 am

Like I ask the Outsider, how much debt is enough?

OFA has no talking points on the debt, so do not expect an answer!

You nailed it!

99 | March 11, 2013 10:07 am

@ mskelly:
    I guess you can say that Mr. Krugman was a member of the the 1% class.

98. eaglesoars
    100 | March 11, 2013 10:07 am

Speranza wrote:

mskelly wrote:

um guys that story is satire……..

101 | March 11, 2013 10:08 am

And since November 2012 it was obvious that they pay no price politically for it.

100. 102 | March 11, 2013 10:09 am

@ Lily:

Yeah the daylight savings time thing has thrown me off.
    But about politics, if you view it as comedy it is very entertaining. You have the Democrats who are evil and sinister. Then you have the Republicans who are a joke. Both support al-Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood. It really is truly funny!

101. 103 | March 11, 2013 10:09 am

@ eaglesoars:

Is it? It sounded too good to be true.

104 | March 11, 2013 10:09 am

@ Speranza:

During the primaries he had to yes act like something he was not.

103. Lily
    105 | March 11, 2013 10:10 am

Islam is trash.

Indeed …. you can break every Commandment and be a-okay…which leads me to believe it isn’t good…oh their actions too.

105. 107 | March 11, 2013 10:11 am

This is funny!

Matthews: When Is Obama Going To Get Some Credit For This “Amazing Economy”?

When is President Obama going to get some credit, and this is like Rodney Dangerfield. When’s he going to get some credit for this amazing economy that’s coming back. It definitely is coming back, maybe not like gangbusters, but the unemployment rate really dropped again today, and there really are a quarter-million new jobs out there. And the stock market for the rich is going through the roof. When’s this guy going to get some respect? Republicans, when are they going to set a standard, ‘OK, if he gets to this number, we’ll love him.’ You ought to ask this question. Will they ever admit he’s doing a good job?

106. 108 | March 11, 2013 10:12 am

@ Speranza:

There in lies the problem.

107. 109 | March 11, 2013 10:12 am

@ Speranza:

Pity it wasn’t true. Oh, well. We don’t have layers of fact checkers and editors, so it took what, 15 minutes for someone to catch it? Pretty good compared to the JournOList types.

110 | March 11, 2013 10:13 am

This is funny!
    Matthews: When Is Obama Going To Get Some Credit For This “Amazing Economy”?

Those A.A. meetings are not working.

111 | March 11, 2013 10:14 am

@ Speranza:

yeah and I apologized to the five people I sent it out to.

112 | March 11, 2013 10:14 am

@ Speranza:
    There in lies the problem.

Correctamundo.

111. 113 | March 11, 2013 10:14 am

the unemployment rate really dropped again today

Unemployment dropped because over a quarter million people stopped looking for work. Only in Crissy Matthews’ world is that good. Real unemployment is still north of 10%, but you won’t see the MSM reporting that number.

112. eaglesoars
    114 | March 11, 2013 10:15 am

Here’s a true takedown of Krugman.I don’t like Sachs but in this case he’s right

115 | March 11, 2013 10:15 am

Yeah the daylight savings time thing has thrown me off.

I woke up an hour later. My internal alarm clock is off.

116 | March 11, 2013 10:16 am

eaglesoars wrote:

I sent you an email this morning.

115. 117 | March 11, 2013 10:17 am

@ Speranza:

It had everything, LOL! If he runs his life like he wants to run our country its only a matter of time.

118 | March 11, 2013 10:18 am

mskelly wrote:

@ Speranza:

Besides being a horrible economist, he is an awful writer.

117. eaglesoars
    119 | March 11, 2013 10:19 am

And the stock market for the rich is going through the roof.

Well if that’s his standard, it’s Bernanke who should get the credit. The guy’s been propping up the market for years

118. Lily
    120 | March 11, 2013 10:19 am

@ Lily:
    Yeah the daylight savings time thing has thrown me off.

It’s funny until it hits the fan and it will. But you are right…the Onion pieces are more truthful than the MSM about whats going on. We truly have a joke of a president and we have an even worst opposing party who seems to be unable to do anything patriotic for out country. The Rand Paul stand-up was a breathe of fresh air..but right now not a lot we can do other than try and vote the freaks out…which 1/2 Americans just can’t seem to do.

119. 121 | March 11, 2013 10:19 am

Me too -- boston.com? WTH? lol

120. eaglesoars
    122 | March 11, 2013 10:21 am

Speranza wrote:

eaglesoars wrote:

I sent you an email this morning.

replied

121. Lily
    123 | March 11, 2013 10:21 am

Speranza wrote:

@ Speranza:
    yeah and I apologized to the five people I sent it out to.

LOL! Don’t you just hate it when that happens…Oh well it was corrected!

124 | March 11, 2013 10:22 am

@ Speranza:
    Matthews also refers to Obama as the “Perfect American.”
    It’s a lot like a pious Muslim referring to Mohamad as the “Perfect Man.”

123. 125 | March 11, 2013 10:23 am

@ eaglesoars:

All based on money printing. Funny how Matthews who claims Republicans are for the rich thinks a market that benefits the rich is amazing.

124. 126 | March 11, 2013 10:24 am

@ Speranza:
    Yeah, just got informed about that as well.

125. Lily
    127 | March 11, 2013 10:25 am

Speranza wrote:

Yeah the daylight savings time thing has thrown me off.
    I woke up an hour later. My internal alarm clock is off.

Other way around for me I kept waking up all through the night…and early morning…I’m all jacked up since the surgery don’t ask why and now Daylight Savings Time thrown in is just plan annoying. Why do we have it? Pick one and stay with it….regular time or Daylight Savings Time. I’m tired of changing every year. Darn it!

126. 128 | March 11, 2013 10:27 am

@ Lily:

Then the GOP Establishment backs stab Rand Paul. That to me spoke volumes.

127. Lily
    129 | March 11, 2013 10:28 am

@ Lily:
    Then the GOP Establishment backs stab Rand Paul. That to me spoke volumes.

Yeah that wasn’t cool. Do I think any Bush has a snowballs chance in hell. Nope. And if I can figure that out surely the idiots up in DC can too.

128. 130 | March 11, 2013 10:30 am

@ Lily:

It was put into place during World War I to save energy, IIRC. I don’t know why they continued it after World War I ended. Just more evidence that once you get a government program for something you can never get rid of it.

129. 131 | March 11, 2013 10:31 am

@ Lily:

They live ina bubble and do whatever the Saudis and qatar tell them to do. America is not a soveriegn nation. We are a vassal state of Dar al Islam. A Dhimmi state that pays tribute and send our kids to die for Arab Sheiks.

130. 132 | March 11, 2013 10:33 am

That Progressive Woodrow Wilson. That is the man who started this whole crap we are living through.

131. Lily
    133 | March 11, 2013 10:33 am

@ Lily:

If I remember correctly they kept it so that it would stay lighter out in the evening and people could do more business. One way or the other instead of the changing around I say.

132. 134 | March 11, 2013 10:34 am

That Boehner is threatening to pass gun control without Republican votes is more troubling, though. It i slike they have decided that they want to eliminate the Republican Party from serious consideration.

133. Lily
    135 | March 11, 2013 10:36 am

@ Lily:

Oooooooooooh and that brings up something the Cardio RN told me about obamacare…she said that once this obamacare gets rooted in and a lot people don’t know this they are not going to be able to reverse obamacare. Oh and she doesn’t have anything nice to say about it…in fact a lot people in the medical profession have nothing good to say about it. Nothing.

134. 136 | March 11, 2013 10:38 am

They live in a bubble and really do not care.

135. Lily
    137 | March 11, 2013 10:40 am

Well Rodan from what I know about bubbles…they sooner or later *pop*! And I do believe the bubble they live in will *pop*. Bound to happen.

BBL…Rehab. :(

136. 138 | March 11, 2013 10:41 am

@ Lily:

Yeah, once it starts digging in next year, rooting ObamaCare out will probably be impossible. I think it is a done deal. It’ll go on untl it bankrupts the country. First, though, it is going to destroy the health care system. The Left want a two-tiered system like they have in Britain. Good care for those with the wealth to pay for it themselves (though that isn’t quite as good as we get here), and the awful National Health system for the rest of the population. Where you have waiting lists for everything, and peopl edie waiting for treatment. That is what the Democrats want. The Republicans totally fail to get what the Democrats are about out. I don’t know if it is stupidity on their part or complicity.

137. 139 | March 11, 2013 10:47 am

I think it’s a combination of both. There are false flag operatives in the GOP and you have clueless naive fools.

140 | March 11, 2013 10:48 am

According to Ben Shapiro’s book “Bullies” -- Teddy Roosevelt was not much better.

139. 141 | March 11, 2013 10:50 am

@ Speranza:

The election of 1912 was a nightmare. Teddy Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson and Taft were all Progressives.

142 | March 11, 2013 10:53 am

There is an implicit threat in ObamaCare to withhold medical services for
    the wrong people.
    Think that registered Democrats might get a priority?
    Nah, that’s just crazy./

141. 143 | March 11, 2013 10:55 am

I’m sure an exception will be made for McCain/Bush Republicans!

142. 144 | March 11, 2013 10:57 am

Obama to speak to his machine.

President Obama to speak to to Organizing for Action Wednesday

145 | March 11, 2013 11:00 am

Jebby will have to win without Pennsylvania.

Many of us will not vote for another Bush

146 | March 11, 2013 11:04 am

Jebby will get less popular vote than Romney/Ryan

And Jebby’s running mate? Lindsey? Christie? ______________? [*shutter*]

145. 147 | March 11, 2013 11:04 am

@ waldensianspirit:

Jeb Bush can’t win the Presidency. Too many people will never vote for another Bush. W too badly damaged the brand. It isn’t like W was Reagan, and left with a ton of good will in reserve. His dad was a one-term wonder, too interested in geting along with the Democrats to do what it took to win re-election.

146. 148 | March 11, 2013 11:04 am

@ waldensianspirit:

He can count on few other states. If Jeb is the nominee, I predict the Democrat candidate will win 40 States. The only scenario I can see a Jeb win is if Andrew Cuomo is the Dem nominee. He’s a really scary guy.

149 | March 11, 2013 11:07 am

I wonder which advisors/consultants are feeding Jebby’s delusion for money…

148. 150 | March 11, 2013 11:09 am

@ waldensianspirit:

He will pick Santorum or Huckabee to throw the base a bone.

149. 151 | March 11, 2013 11:10 am

waldensianspirit wrote:

I wonder which advisors/consultants are feeding Jebby’s delusion for money…

Karl Rove.

150. 152 | March 11, 2013 11:11 am

@ waldensianspirit:

You can count on Rove being in there. Why Bush is so delusional to give Rove any credibility, well, speaks poorly of his judgement. Unless he is just doing it for the money, too. He can raise a lot of money. Romney raised nearly a billion dollars, and blew it all losing.

153 | March 11, 2013 11:11 am

I’m sure an exception will be made for McCain/Bush Republicans!

McCain will get a priortity.

152. 154 | March 11, 2013 11:11 am

It still won’t win him enough votes to get over beng a Bush. I don’t see him taking a single state that Romney lost.

153. 155 | March 11, 2013 11:15 am

I See Jeb losing states that Romney won! It will be a disaster.

154. 156 | March 11, 2013 11:17 am

Yup.

157 | March 11, 2013 11:19 am

@ Speranza:

Eugene V. Debs was a Socialist.

156. 158 | March 11, 2013 11:24 am

@ Speranza:

So 4 Lefties? That’s crazy!

159 | March 11, 2013 11:27 am

Obama to speak to his machine.

President Obama to speak to to Organizing for Action Wednesday

I’m sure the faithful will be Heil!-ly enthusiastic.

158. 160 | March 11, 2013 11:28 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:

You betcha!

161 | March 11, 2013 11:33 am

@ Speranza:
    So 4 Lefties? That’s crazy!

That’s true. Taft was the most conservative of the four -- and the fattest.

162 | March 11, 2013 11:34 am

I See Jeb losing states that Romney won! It will be a disaster.

It will be a Cannae on top of an Austerlitz.

163 | March 11, 2013 11:35 am

Speranza wrote:

Taft was the most conservative of the four — and the fattest.

He was a well-rounded individual.

164 | March 11, 2013 11:40 am

Bloombergs ban on sodas exceeding 16 ounces kicks in tomorrow.
    Bloomberg says that tis is porion contol, not a ban.
    “If you want 32 ounces , you can buy two 16 ounce cups.” Seriously.

165 | March 11, 2013 11:42 am

Bloombergs ban on sodas exceeding 16 ounces kicks in tomorrow.

Being a short man himself, Bloomberg is sensitive about pint-size.

164. 166 | March 11, 2013 11:42 am

OFA Data Mining thread at 12.

165. 167 | March 11, 2013 11:43 am

@ Mike C.:
    Always defending your Qatari and Saudi buddies? Spare me.

Wow. Pretty early for you to get your full stupid going. I guess you really did spring foreward, eh? Right. Guess I’m out on this thread then.

168 | March 11, 2013 11:46 am

New York establishments serving drinks should start calling the half-pint size (8 oz.) a “Bloomberg.”

That would probably get the ban reversed in short order.

169 | March 11, 2013 11:49 am

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Bloombergs ban on sodas exceeding 16 ounces kicks in tomorrow.

Being a short man himself, Bloomberg is sensitive about pint-size.

That would increase his sensitivity.

170 | March 11, 2013 11:52 am

That would increase his sensitivity.

Yes—but that would either cause him to reverse the ban, or get him to try and extend it. If the ban is reversed, the people win—and if he tries to extend it, the pushback would get rid of the ban.

171 | March 11, 2013 11:57 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    I want to walk through Midtown drinking a Big Gulp, smoking a
    cigarette, and carrying a salt shaker.

172 | March 11, 2013 12:07 pm

@ Speranza:
    Matthews also refers to Obama as the “Perfect American.”
    It’s a lot like a pious Muslim referring to Mohamad as the “Perfect Man.”

I was just thinking about that last night when I saw that WeaselZippers article.

Imam Al-Tingles