NRA Annual Meeting Update

by lobo91 ( 15 Comments › )
Filed under Blogmocracy, Conservatism, Elections 2016, Second Amendment, Special Report, Weapons at March 18th, 2013 - 9:09 pm

A number of Blogmocracy posters are planning to attend the 2013 NRA Annual Meeting, which will be held in Houston, TX May 3-5. For those who are planning to attend, here is some updated information on various events:

2013 NRA Annual Meeting homepage

Pre-registration is available for those with an NRA member number, which will allow you to skip the line for registration and get your credentials in the mail.

Events:

NRA-ILA Leadership Forum (1:00-3:00 PM Friday)

This year’s Forum will feature some of our nation’s top Second Amendment leaders, including: former Governor Sarah Palin, U.S. Senator Ted Cruz, Governor Rick Perry, Governor Bobby Jindal, former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum, and former Congressman Asa Hutchinson.

Tickets are $10

Annual Meeting of Members (10:00 AM Saturday)

Get the most up-to-date information available to NRA members about the state of your Association, the status of NRA’s political fight for our firearm freedoms and the challenges firearm owners are facing. The Annual Meeting of Members is where your NRA Officers will share the good, the bad, and most importantly, the truth about the political status of Gun Owners and our right to keep and bear arms. These folks are in the trenches every day. You need to hear what they have to say. You need to know their first-hand experiences. Prepare to take notes and take a stand! Every NRA Officer will be in attendance at the Annual Meeting of Members on Saturday, May 4. NRA members will vote for the 76th Director to the NRA Board. Eligible members should participate in the business of the Association and are strongly encouraged to vote. Voting members help determine the future course and direction of the Association. You don’t want to miss this opportunity!

NRA’s Stand and Fight Rally (7:30 PM Saturday)

NRA’s most important gathering of the year! Come enjoy a special, inspirational presentation by Glenn Beck!

Admission: $30 per ticket

Seminars:

There will be a number of seminars held at different times throughout the weekend, most of which are free. Seating is first come, first served. As usual, there’s something for everyone, from sausage-making and smoking techniques to dog obedience training, concealed carry techniques, and history presentations. Definitely worth attending.

Seminar schedule

Exhibit Hall

The 2013 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits features over 500 of the most spectacular displays of firearms, shooting and hunting accessories in the world!

Spend the day exploring the products from every major firearm company in the country, book the hunt of a lifetime in our exclusive outfitter section, and view priceless collections of firearms in our gun collector area. You’ll also see knives, wildlife art, shooting accessories, hunting gear, ATV’s, and much more! Bring the whole family because with over 340,000 square feet of exhibit space, there’s something for everyone.

The exhibit hall is FREE to NRA Members and their immediate family!

Exhibit Hall Hours:
Friday, May 3, 2013 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 4, 2013 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 5, 2013 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

See you all in Houston!

Comments

15 Responses to “NRA Annual Meeting Update”

1. 1 | March 19, 2013 12:04 am

Dang. Wish I could make it down there.

2 | March 19, 2013 12:18 am

@ mfhorn:

I’m looking forward to it.

3. 3 | March 19, 2013 2:55 am

A slight chance of “maybe” just popped up yesterday. Film at 11…

4. 4 | March 19, 2013 7:28 am

@ mfhorn:

I wish I could make it, too, but there is just no way I and my wife can afford it this year.

5 | March 19, 2013 10:43 am

@ mfhorn:

The only reason I can make it is because I have enough airline miles and hotel points to cover the flight and room.

6. 6 | March 19, 2013 10:51 am

NRA Convention is on my bucket list, along with the Daytona 500, any race at Bristol and getting to play fetch with Leia.

7 | March 19, 2013 4:07 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Playing fetch with Leia might be a problem. She won’t retrieve anything. She runs after whatever you throw and stops to point it out, then comes back.

8. 8 | March 19, 2013 7:38 pm

Okay, I’ll switch it from “fetch” to “Leia checks out the fact that I throw like a girl.”

9. Calo
    9 | March 19, 2013 9:39 pm

Lobo, what forums/rallys, etc did you sign up for, please?

10 | March 19, 2013 9:54 pm

@ Calo:

I signed up for the Friday afternoon forum and the Saturday night event with Glenn Beck. The tickets are all general admission for those events.

I’ll probably go to the Members Meeting Saturday morning, too.

If you’re asking because of transportation, I’m staying at the Embassy Suites a couple of blocks from the convention center.

11. Calo
    11 | March 19, 2013 9:59 pm

I thought I was transporting you around, yes?

OK, signing up for Glen Beck and have already signed up for the Friday afternoon forum. Thanks.

12 | March 19, 2013 10:02 pm

Calo wrote:

I thought I was transporting you around, yes?

I just meant that I’m within walking distance of the actual convention center site. I do need a ride to/from the airport, and to anyplace else we end up going.

13. Calo
    13 | March 19, 2013 10:09 pm

No problem. Send me your flight info in April please.

I’m on overload with work stuff right now.

14. 14 | March 21, 2013 5:22 pm

You guys are making me feel guilty for not going, it is 25 miles away though…

15 | March 21, 2013 5:23 pm

rgranger wrote:

You guys are making me feel guilty for not going, it is 25 miles away though…

No reason not to at least visit the exhibit hall. If you’re an NRA member, it’s free.