First time visitor? Learn more.

Electronic Brrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaap

by Bunk X ( 41 Comments › )
Filed under Humor, OOT, Open thread, Science at March 23rd, 2013 - 10:20 pm

audioblaster_xenophilia-0912003
[via]
Don’t know what that is exactly, but it makes for a nice high-powered and wavy edition of The Overnight Open Thread.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

Play nice!

41 Responses to “Electronic Brrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaap”
( jump to bottom )

  1. Bumr50
    1 | March 23, 2013 10:32 pm

    It slices, it dices, it juliennes your narrow stream of positrons into shapes that the entire family can enjoy!


  2. Aussie Infidel
    2 | March 23, 2013 11:16 pm

    I really miss that aproach

    :)


  3. Calo
    3 | March 23, 2013 11:20 pm

    It’s nice to see Bunk back tonight.

    WTF is that pic about that he posted?


  4. 4 | March 24, 2013 12:05 am

    @ Calo:
    I’m kinda here but I’m kinda not. Bunkessa and Bunkarina are in da house.

    The pic has to do with retro social media.


  5. Calo
    5 | March 24, 2013 12:15 am

    @ Bunk X:
    Heh, Retro Twitter.

    Enjoy your girls over Spring Break and we’ll see you later.


  6. The Osprey
    6 | March 24, 2013 12:44 am

    Aussie Infidel wrote:

    I really miss that aproach

    For some reason that is reminding me of the Hawaii Five-0 episode “Nine Dragons”.


  7. The Osprey
    7 | March 24, 2013 12:47 am

    I still think Barack Obama is Wo Fat’s Manchurian Candidate.


  8. The Osprey
    8 | March 24, 2013 12:57 am

    Those are some groovy waves, Bunk.

    As long as they aren’t negative waves.


  9. 9 | March 24, 2013 3:44 am

    @ The Osprey:
    I only ride ‘em. I don’t know what makes ‘em work.


  10. 10 | March 24, 2013 4:02 am

    “Kelly’s Heros” night, eh?

    Well, gun thread time. Are we seeing the peak in ammo prices? There’s a topic on that at ar15.com. My guess is yes. LuckyGunner.com has had bulk (500-1000 round lots) 5.56 NATO at $ .90-1.00 available for weeks now, and it’s still in supply. For those who don’t follow such things, that a good 200-250 % increase over pre-panic pricing for the exact same ammo. But it hasn’t vanished overnight like it would have 6 or so weeks ago. I’m sure anything at near pre-panic prices would vanish in a heartbeat, but I think the fact that supply is now available at all indicates the passing of peak demand and probably the peak price as well. If so, the question is how quickly (or otherwise) will prices decline, and by what percentage.

    That’s not true across the board, of course. .22 LR is still all but unavailable, with supplies being snapped up as soon as they are available, But the buy-in cost for .22 is inherently less than it is for centerfire ammo, so it’s not surprising that peak would lag.

    You could consider this a study in the economics of product shortages rather than anything specifically gun related. If anybody has been tracking the data in detail (which could be done from anywhere via the internet), there’s a nice scholarly paper or a PhD dissertation in all of this. So far as I can tell, the market responses have been fairly normal.


  11. Guggi
    11 | March 24, 2013 7:16 am

    Fritz Pleitgen, one of the most prominent TV-journalists in Germany, just said that the U.S.A. are in decline since the assassination of JFK and MLK and the Vietnam war.

    Hm….


  12. 12 | March 24, 2013 7:33 am

    @ Guggi:

    Guess he forgot that Ronald Reagan phase of growth and Dominance. And the whole winning the Cold War thing. I am not impressed.


  13. 13 | March 24, 2013 7:34 am

    @ Guggi:

    Good thing West Germany was able to bring about the collapse of the Soviet Union, East Germany and the Warsaw Pact in that time frame, eh?

    /


  14. 14 | March 24, 2013 7:59 am

    @ Mike C.:

    Which brings up the question -- Why does the US still have any troops stationed in Germany? An air base as a transitioning station makes sense, but armor and ground combat forces?


  15. Guggi
    15 | March 24, 2013 8:14 am

    Iron Fist wrote:

    @ Guggi:
    Guess he forgot that Ronald Reagan phase of growth and Dominance. And the whole winning the Cold War thing. I am not impressed.

    In their opinion the U.S.A did nothing to win the cold war but the people in the communist countries did. The U.S.A. had nothing to do with it. (I’m serious)


  16. rain of lead
    16 | March 24, 2013 8:19 am

    morning ya’ll
    todays day by day is really on point

    http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/


  17. Guggi
    17 | March 24, 2013 8:19 am

    Mike C. wrote:

    @ Mike C.:
    Which brings up the question — Why does the US still have any troops stationed in Germany? An air base as a transitioning station makes sense, but armor and ground combat forces?

    AFRICOM is located in Stuttgart/Germany

    Why does the US still have any troops stationed in Germany?

    Because of the NATO ?


  18. 18 | March 24, 2013 8:19 am

    @ Guggi:

    Probably angling for a lucrative slot at CNN or MSNBC…


  19. 19 | March 24, 2013 8:22 am

    Guggi wrote:

    Mike C. wrote:
    @ Mike C.:
    Which brings up the question — Why does the US still have any troops stationed in Germany? An air base as a transitioning station makes sense, but armor and ground combat forces?
    AFRICOM is located in Stuttgart/Germany
    Why does the US still have any troops stationed in Germany?
    Because of the NATO ?

    I did specify armor and ground troops. And is NATO under threat of attack in Germany? The Germans sure as hell don’t think so.


  20. Bumr50
    20 | March 24, 2013 9:27 am

    I don’t watch Justified, but I know many here do.

    This Nick Searcy person tweeted my tweet of the week, and made the decision HARD.

    nick searcy @yesnicksearcy

    GUN Kidnaps teens, makes them kill baby! “@piersmorgan: Police arrest 2 Ga. teenagers, 17 and 14, in slaying of baby in stroller”
    8:50 PM -- 22 Mar 13

    Here’s the other contender:

    nick searcy @yesnicksearcy

    He called Cain that too.He’s not just racist,he’s boring. “@SimonTemplarPV MSNBC’s black friend @Toure calls Ben Carson #GOP’s black friend.


  21. 21 | March 24, 2013 10:11 am

    Slow day…


  22. Bumr50
    22 | March 24, 2013 10:14 am

    @ Mike C.:

    I’ve got Penguin tickets for tonight’s game, so there’s that…


  23. 23 | March 24, 2013 10:19 am

    @ Bumr50:

    That’s ice hockey, right?


  24. Bumr50
    24 | March 24, 2013 10:24 am

    West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin is quietly reaching out to the NRA in order to win its approval of some kind of expanded background check for gun purchasers

    He’ll never win another election.


  25. Bumr50
    25 | March 24, 2013 10:26 am

    @ Mike C.:

    Yes!

    The Pens are looking to make it twelve wins in a row against the hated Flyers!

    To top it all off they’re predicting a huge snowstorm DURING the game, so it will be a hardy crowd!


  26. 26 | March 24, 2013 10:31 am

    @ Bumr50:

    The only professional sporting event I have ever attended was a Washington Senators baseball game.


  27. Bumr50
    27 | March 24, 2013 10:32 am

    @ Mike C.:

    Hockey is a sport that must be experienced live to be appreciated.


  28. 28 | March 24, 2013 10:35 am

    @ Bumr50:

    If you say so. Yacht racing is a sport that must be participated in to be appreciated.


  29. 29 | March 24, 2013 11:33 am

    Bumr50 wrote:

    West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin is quietly reaching out to the NRA in order to win its approval of some kind of expanded background check for gun purchasers

    He’ll never win another election.

    All the clamor for an assault weapons ban was always nothing more than a distraction. It was a boogie man to be chased down a blind ally, to lead conservatives off on a wild goose chase.

    The Democrats knew they had about as much of a chance of getting another Assault Weapons Ban passed as Allahpundit has of setting up a lemonade stand in Hell. Their intention is and has been right from the start, “Universal Firearms Registration”.

    Why? Because “Universal Firearms Registration” allows the Federal and State Governments to confiscate your firearm, and then make it look as if they have left them in your possession, thus thereby not violating the 2nd Amendment.


  30. 30 | March 24, 2013 11:34 am

    Bumr50 wrote:

    @ Mike C.:
    Hockey is a sport that must be experienced live to be appreciated.

    I went to a riot one time, and damned if a Hockey game didn’t break out…


  31. RIX
    31 | March 24, 2013 11:42 am

    Piers Morgan ✔ @piersmorgan

    My buddy @SnoopDogg > RT @JHalliday11 @piersmorgan best gangsta rapper of all time?
    11:25 PM -- 23 Mar 13

    Nothing says gun control like buddying up with Snoop Dog.
    Can this cretin be deported back to the UK?


  32. 32 | March 24, 2013 11:49 am

    @ RIX:
    He wants gun control, not thug control. He’s just fine with the thugs being thugs. There’s nothing inconstant here. Thugs prefer unarmed victims. Piers is just letting you know whose side he is on.


  33. 33 | March 24, 2013 11:55 am

    Iron Fist wrote:

    @ RIX:
    He wants gun control, not thug control. He’s just fine with the thugs being thugs. There’s nothing inconstant here. Thugs prefer unarmed victims. Piers is just letting you know whose side he is on.

    Without thugs and criminals, Piers Morgan is out of a job.


  34. Bumr50
    34 | March 24, 2013 11:55 am

    @ RIX:

    Up until Snoop stepped into the gun control fray, I didn’t have much of a problem with him.

    He hasn’t been a proponent of violence in his rap recently, especially compared to the much of the genre.

    I’ll excuse everyone from knowing that, as rap is generally pretty vulgar with a precious few good artists.

    Now he thinks he’s Bob Marley, which is laughable.

    SNOOP LION UNVEILS TRACK ‘NO GUNS ALLOWED’

    During last July’s New York City press conference where he first publicly announced his name change, Snoop Lion said he was initially attracted to Jamaica because he always thought he was “Bob Marley reincarnated.” Last January, original Bob Marley & The Wailers member, Bunny Wailer criticized Snoop’s Rasta conversion, calling it an “outright fraudulent use of the Rastafari communities personalities and symbolism.” In response to Wailer, Rohan Marley—Bob Marley’s son—spoke out in support Snoop Lion.


  35. RIX
    35 | March 24, 2013 11:55 am

    Iron Fist wrote:

    @ RIX:
    He wants gun control, not thug control. He’s just fine with the thugs being thugs. There’s nothing inconstant here. Thugs prefer unarmed victims. Piers is just letting you know whose side he is on.

    Good point. Also, he is a star struck weenie taken with a street thug.
    It lets him live a dangerous life vicariously.


  36. brookly red
    36 | March 24, 2013 11:59 am

    doriangrey wrote:

    Why? Because “Universal Firearms Registration” allows the Federal and State Governments to confiscate your firearm, and then make it look as if they have left them in your possession, thus thereby not violating the 2nd Amendment.

    I don’t get the make it look as if they have left them in your possession part? How does that work?


  37. 37 | March 24, 2013 12:02 pm

    Heh heh heh, Chris Wallace just called Marine Corps Mascot Sargent Chesty Puller, the 13th, the political Power Player of the month… Why? Because Chesty bit Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s dog “Bravo” at a public event… :twisted: Oohra Chesty….


  38. 38 | March 24, 2013 12:09 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    doriangrey wrote:
    Why? Because “Universal Firearms Registration” allows the Federal and State Governments to confiscate your firearm, and then make it look as if they have left them in your possession, thus thereby not violating the 2nd Amendment.
    I don’t get the make it look as if they have left them in your possession part? How does that work?

    Because Universal Registration turns a Constitutional Guaranteed RIGHT into a Government granted PRIVILEGE, Government granted privileges can be revoked at any time, for no reason. There is little to no legal recourse for the individual in contesting the revocation of their privilege. The police could show up at your home and physically confiscate your firearms at any time and any attempt to resist them would constitute felony obstruction at the bare minimum.

    In other word, although physically in your possession, your firearms would in reality belong to the government and be subject to confiscation at the whim of local or federal politicians or Law Enforcement Officers.


  39. brookly red
    39 | March 24, 2013 12:11 pm

    doriangrey wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    doriangrey wrote:
    Why? Because “Universal Firearms Registration” allows the Federal and State Governments to confiscate your firearm, and then make it look as if they have left them in your possession, thus thereby not violating the 2nd Amendment.
    I don’t get the make it look as if they have left them in your possession part? How does that work?

    Because Universal Registration turns a Constitutional Guaranteed RIGHT into a Government granted PRIVILEGE, Government granted privileges can be revoked at any time, for no reason. There is little to no legal recourse for the individual in contesting the revocation of their privilege. The police could show up at your home and physically confiscate your firearms at any time and any attempt to resist them would constitute felony obstruction at the bare minimum.

    In other word, although physically in your possession, your firearms would in reality belong to the government and be subject to confiscation at the whim of local or federal politicians or Law Enforcement Officers.

    OK, that makes sense to me…


  40. 40 | March 24, 2013 12:28 pm

    Uh, there’s younger thread-type things up there…


  41. 41 | March 24, 2013 12:43 pm

    Mike C. wrote:

    Uh, there’s younger thread-type things up there…

    Hitting on the younger threads now eh Mike… :twisted:


Back to the Top

The Blogmocracy

website design was Built By David