First time visitor? Learn more.

GREAT news! China’s one-child policy ending!

by 1389AD ( 40 Comments › )
Filed under Abortion, China, Christianity, Orthodox Christianity at March 24th, 2013 - 11:00 am

Interested-Participant: China: One-Child Policy Phase-Out

Animated thumbs-up smiley

(h/t: Jawa)
(Beijing, China) After 40 years with a one-child policy, Chinese leaders have discovered a serious consequence.

More than half a billion birth control procedures, including at least 336 million abortions, have been performed in the name of the one-child policy, China’s Health ministry revealed yesterday.

[Note: Sadly, simple arithmetic indicates 1,500 abortions have been performed in China every hour of every day for four decades.]

Official statistics showed that in addition to the terminations, Chinese doctors have sterilised 196 million men and women since 1971.

As a result of the family planning policy, Chinese demographics have been skewed and the working age population is decreasing. A smaller workforce is considered a serious threat to the Chinese economy. Therefore, the Chinese National Population and Family Planning Commission has been dissolved.

China is already a superpower in everything but name.

I am pleased to see that they are beginning to come to their senses with regard to freedom to reproduce. Perhaps this has something to do with the rapid, although unofficial, growth of Christianity in China. There is no accurate head count of Christians in China, but Christianity is growing so rapidly that there may soon be more practicing Christians in China than there are in the US.

There is strong evidence that the world population count is leveling off and will soon decline. Rapid population decline on account of too few births makes for a demographic crash, and when it applies to our own species, it’s always a bad thing. Those panic-peddlers who continue to claim that we are facing world overpopulation are motivated by misanthropy.

Also see:

Tags: ,

Comments

Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

Play nice!

40 Responses to “GREAT news! China’s one-child policy ending!”
( jump to bottom )

  1. 1 | March 24, 2013 11:15 am

    Actually, country-wide enforcement of the one child policy has been on the decline for years as rural areas (where the freaking food is grown) got depopulated, so this is not really much of a surprise. Internal migration control has been non-existent for certain areas for years as those rural folks flocked to the hot urban centers to actually try and make some money, which provided all the needed contruction workers. The whole thing is proving harder and harder for central planning to control.


  2. eaglesoars
    2 | March 24, 2013 12:56 pm

    It has nothing to do with Christianity. It has everything to do with males of marriageable age outnumbering women so dramatically they can’t find wives and there have been some kidnapping issues.

    Young, unmarried males in numbers China is seeing are a societal menace. This generation is lost -- the children that will be allowed to be born will be born too late to help it.


  3. texasam7
    3 | March 24, 2013 1:07 pm

    Just another government success story with all the usual “unexpected” conséquences.


  4. brookly red
    4 | March 24, 2013 1:12 pm

    eaglesoars wrote:

    Young, unmarried males in numbers China is seeing are a societal menace. This generation is lost — the children that will be allowed to be born will be born too late to help it.

    well some say this was by design to raise an army but I am not so sure, I am however pretty sure NK women would be interested in a Chinese husband especially one with food.


  5. brookly red
    5 | March 24, 2013 1:14 pm

    Hey! Drudge has a “rumor” Assad killed by body guard… the link is to a french site.


  6. Bumr50
    6 | March 24, 2013 1:21 pm

    @ brookly red:

    Maybe you can enlighten me about Drudge’s photo showing a bunch of Muslims praying above the banner headline : “Israel Fires On Syria” without noting, as even REUTERS did, that Syrians had been firing at the Israeli border first.

    Still buddies with the nation builders?

    I’ve only recently gone back to getting links from Drudge after getting thoroughly disgusted with his editorializing-via-headline-and-photo-placement to attack any and all challenges to the Great Mitt Romney, two-time loser, during the 2012 GOP primary.


  7. eaglesoars
    7 | March 24, 2013 1:22 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    Hey! Drudge has a “rumor” Assad killed by body guard… the link is to a french site.

    My French is lacking but if I’m reading correctly, they’re citing as their source Presse Arab. Also, the bodyguard may have been Iranian?


  8. brookly red
    8 | March 24, 2013 1:24 pm

    Bumr50 wrote:

    @ brookly red:

    Maybe you can enlighten me about Drudge’s photo showing a bunch of Muslims praying above the banner headline : “Israel Fires On Syria” without noting, as even REUTERS did, that Syrians had been firing at the Israeli border first.

    Still buddies with the nation builders?

    I’ve only recently gone back to getting links from Drudge after getting thoroughly disgusted with his editorializing-via-headline-and-photo-placement to attack any and all challenges to the Great Mitt Romney, two-time loser, during the 2012 GOP primary.

    upper left 3rd line links to e-du-corps/?fb_action_ids=166553160167758&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

    why the pictures of the praying? I have no clue


  9. eaglesoars
    9 | March 24, 2013 1:25 pm

    eaglesoars wrote:

    their source Presse Arab

    more accurately alarab.net -- which is down


  10. brookly red
    10 | March 24, 2013 1:26 pm

    eaglesoars wrote:

    My French is lacking but if I’m reading correctly, they’re citing as their source Presse Arab. Also, the bodyguard may have been Iranian?

    seems to be about right but, it’s not clear if he did the alleged shooting or was in charge of security…


  11. Bumr50
    11 | March 24, 2013 1:29 pm

    @ brookly red:

    It really irks me when he does that.

    I know some people probably love it, but it smacks of influence-peddling to me.

    Personally, haven’t been a fan for a while. He’s been linking to infowars a lot as well. Regardless of whether or not Jones has a point once in a blue moon, he’s an irreparable ‘wackjob’ in the truest sense of the word.


  12. brookly red
    12 | March 24, 2013 1:31 pm

    Bumr50 wrote:

    @ brookly red:

    It really irks me when he does that.

    I know some people probably love it, but it smacks of influence-peddling to me.

    Personally, haven’t been a fan for a while. He’s been linking to infowars a lot as well. Regardless of whether or not Jones has a point once in a blue moon, he’s an irreparable ‘wackjob’ in the truest sense of the word.

    I don’t care for him but he does get news out fast…

    here is another French site http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/76810-france-s-le-point-magazine-rumor-about-assad-s-death-invades-the-internet


  13. Bumr50
    13 | March 24, 2013 1:33 pm

    Via Gateway Pundit:

    Translated from JSS News:

    According to Arab media http://www.eltira.org , Bashar al-Assad would have been seriously wounded by gunfire last night Saturday, March 23 by his bodyguard but Iran is not dead. He is currently hospitalized, between life and death, Shami Hospital in Damascus which the streets were closed.

    Last year one of Assad’s bodyguards blew himself up in a suicide blast in Damascus.


  14. brookly red
    14 | March 24, 2013 1:37 pm

    @ Bumr50:

    If true, shit could unravel there pretty quickly…


  15. darkwords
    15 | March 24, 2013 1:38 pm

    WE should have the technology to create a virtual world now and give people citizenship rights in the virtual world that reflect their real life activities.

    Also OT Searching for Sugarman movie. Seen a couple of people suggesting the documentary as a good movie.


  16. eaglesoars
    16 | March 24, 2013 1:38 pm

    Well, Ithink we’ll know soon enough. If Assad is healthy, he’ll be showing himself to the public ASAP -- otherwise his forces collapse


  17. brookly red
    17 | March 24, 2013 1:40 pm

    eaglesoars wrote:

    Well, Ithink we’ll know soon enough. If Assad is healthy, he’ll be showing himself to the public ASAP — otherwise his forces collapse

    collapse or go chem


  18. darkwords
    18 | March 24, 2013 1:42 pm

    @ 4 brookly red: All cultural. The first son concept still is the pimary goal of chinese couples. Mao couldn’t kill it off. It points to a second revolution in China as increasing numbers of women there become the movers and shakers in Chinese capitalism. At some point they will want their cultural politics to be reflective.


  19. brookly red
    19 | March 24, 2013 1:45 pm

    @ darkwords:

    that could be, my guess is there is no one reason but rather a set of circumstances


  20. Lily
    20 | March 24, 2013 2:44 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    eaglesoars wrote:
    Young, unmarried males in numbers China is seeing are a societal menace. This generation is lost — the children that will be allowed to be born will be born too late to help it.
    well some say this was by design to raise an army but I am not so sure, I am however pretty sure NK women would be interested in a Chinese husband especially one with food.

    Actually I have read where the NK women are finding their way to China. I don’t think it is just one thing…and yes they have too many males…because of culture and law. I think there are several reasons myself.


  21. Lily
    21 | March 24, 2013 2:49 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    eaglesoars wrote:
    Well, Ithink we’ll know soon enough. If Assad is healthy, he’ll be showing himself to the public ASAP — otherwise his forces collapse
    collapse or go chem

    Yep saw some reports of chemical releases today too…along with Assad being killed or injured by body guard. Somethings up.


  22. Lily
    22 | March 24, 2013 2:52 pm

    Yep things are heating up….


    Israel Trades Fire With Syrian Rebels In The Golan Heights…

    http://weaselzippers.us/2013/03/24/israel-trades-fire-with-syrian-rebels-in-the-golan-heights/


  23. brookly red
    23 | March 24, 2013 2:52 pm

    Lily wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    eaglesoars wrote:
    Young, unmarried males in numbers China is seeing are a societal menace. This generation is lost — the children that will be allowed to be born will be born too late to help it.
    well some say this was by design to raise an army but I am not so sure, I am however pretty sure NK women would be interested in a Chinese husband especially one with food.

    Actually I have read where the NK women are finding their way to China. I don’t think it is just one thing…and yes they have too many males…because of culture and law. I think there are several reasons myself.

    NK will sell whatever it can to raise money, so I imagine some of these women have help in “finding” their way into China… all things considered they may well be the lucky ones.


  24. eaglesoars
    24 | March 24, 2013 2:56 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    NK will sell whatever it can to raise money, so I imagine some of these women have help in “finding” their way into China

    Excuse me. What exactly is being sold and who is buying in this scenario?


  25. brookly red
    25 | March 24, 2013 3:03 pm

    eaglesoars wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    NK will sell whatever it can to raise money, so I imagine some of these women have help in “finding” their way into China

    Excuse me. What exactly is being sold and who is buying in this scenario?

    well hard to say, it would not be the first instance of mail order brides or on the other hand it would not be the first time people tried to buy their way to freedom… it may or may not have governmental involvement. but it is easy to see why a woman would want to leave NK, and it’s easy to see why a Chinese man might want a NK wife…


  26. Lily
    26 | March 24, 2013 3:23 pm

    @ brookly red:

    The ones I heard of escaped from NK into China for food. No selling going on that I have heard of.


  27. eaglesoars
    27 | March 24, 2013 3:28 pm

    @ brookly red:

    ok. There would be no gov’t involvement in this. NK has had problems with refugees crossing the border into China -- it’s a huge embarrassment for them. Chinese men do NOT want Korean women, north or south. There are serious cultural prejudices. Any NK woman or man heading into China had better have a solid support system in place or they’re homeless and starving within a week. Shin Dong-hyuk escaped from Camp 14 into China and it’s pure luck he survived. He is the only person known to have done so.

    Escape from Camp 14
    The Norks kidnap women from South Korea, tho.


  28. eaglesoars
    28 | March 24, 2013 3:30 pm

    off to do some reading………..


  29. brookly red
    29 | March 24, 2013 3:38 pm

    @ eaglesoars:
    @ eaglesoars:

    it is an ugly situation to be sure and all sorts of things are possible…


  30. yenta-fada
    30 | March 24, 2013 3:43 pm

    Google translation from Hebrew. 24 hour rule definitely in order:
    I think it’s the same material from Arab outlet.

    Arab Report: Assad’s assassination
    On -- according to Arab media reports that have been verified -- officials assassinated by his bodyguard of Syrian President life Heavy security around the hospital a -- my mother in Damascus and in-hospital
    Arab media reported the assassination of Syrian President Bashar Assad. On -- reportedly not yet been validated and have not yet received echo Western media, Assad fired one of his bodyguards.

    This is an Iranian officer named Mehdi Jacoby, who was attached to Assad on -- by allies of the Syrian president in Tehran.

    Various reports published that Assad al-Shami was rushed to the hospital and in serious condition. Also reported the big fuss that has developed around the hospital and that all roads leading to the hospital were blocked -- by the Syrian army. Also reported large military forces are in the hospital.

    Syrian television broadcasts were discontinued. Syria apparently inhibits the official report on the assassination until it became clear whether the president would live or die.


  31. Calo
    31 | March 24, 2013 3:43 pm

    I haven’t finished reading it yet…

    The “marriages” the women enter, often through coercion, have no official standing in China
    and are given no legal protection. The women in these marriages are frequently “trapped,” un
    -
    able to free themselves from arrangements in which they were sold for a price. They also live in
    fear of being returned to North Korea where they
    can expect incarceration, punishment, and
    even possible
    torture and
    death. Yet they are not permitted to prove they are political refugees
    or
    refugees sur place
    .
    Instead, they must bear exploitation and insecurity in China so as to avoid
    forced repatriation and punishment. Even when they are sold to partners who do not abuse them
    and raise families, they are still denied their basic rights. They and their children often have no
    legal status. Children conceived in China are usually not protected by the laws of either China
    or North Korea.

    Lives for Sale


  32. brookly red
    32 | March 24, 2013 3:52 pm

    @ Calo:

    Human trafficking is a huge problem worldwide, and not just in the “sex trade”. When you into the Chinatown of any major American city and visit a restaurant you may very well be served by an indentured servant… the world is a tough place.


  33. brookly red
    33 | March 24, 2013 4:01 pm

    yenta-fada wrote:

    Google translation from Hebrew. 24 hour rule definitely in order:
    I think it’s the same material from Arab outlet.

    Arab Report: Assad’s assassination
    On — according to Arab media reports that have been verified — officials assassinated by his bodyguard of Syrian President life Heavy security around the hospital a — my mother in Damascus and in-hospital
    Arab media reported the assassination of Syrian President Bashar Assad. On — reportedly not yet been validated and have not yet received echo Western media, Assad fired one of his bodyguards.

    This is an Iranian officer named Mehdi Jacoby, who was attached to Assad on — by allies of the Syrian president in Tehran.

    Various reports published that Assad al-Shami was rushed to the hospital and in serious condition. Also reported the big fuss that has developed around the hospital and that all roads leading to the hospital were blocked — by the Syrian army. Also reported large military forces are in the hospital.

    Syrian television broadcasts were discontinued. Syria apparently inhibits the official report on the assassination until it became clear whether the president would live or die.

    IF this all is true and that is a big if, it means the Iranians have been infiltrated/compromised in a big way… the Sunni vs Sheia thing is deep.


  34. 34 | March 24, 2013 5:59 pm

    @ brookly red:

    So sad that slavery still exists.


  35. lobo91
    35 | March 24, 2013 6:13 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    @ Calo:
    Human trafficking is a huge problem worldwide, and not just in the “sex trade”. When you into the Chinatown of any major American city and visit a restaurant you may very well be served by an indentured servant… the world is a tough place.

    Try going to an Middle Eastern country, including the “westernized” ones.

    We had a running joke while I was in Kuwait that we were going to call the “Human Trafficking Hotline” that’s advertised on posers all over DOD installations and report our own company for the way they subcontract laborers.


  36. lobo91
    36 | March 24, 2013 6:16 pm

    Hmm…supposed to get down to 0 tonight.

    Still better than last night in Raton, where it was 4 with 50 mph winds.


  37. lobo91
    37 | March 24, 2013 6:19 pm

    I found Leia on the camp webcam.

    I should’ve known…she’s the only dog standing outside in the snow.


  38. randian
    38 | March 24, 2013 9:00 pm

    There is strong evidence that the world population count is leveling off and will soon decline.

    Only in the non-Muslim world. The Muslim world is busy having 3-5 children/woman, eventually plunging the world into the eternal hell of Islam by default. For you WH40k fans, they’re like Word Bearers: hell is heaven.


  39. 39 | March 24, 2013 9:08 pm

    @ randian:

    Wish they’d start taking each other out before attacking us.


  40. randian
    40 | March 25, 2013 1:17 am

    mfhorn wrote:

    @ randian:

    Wish they’d start taking each other out before attacking us.

    That could easily be arranged, if we had a President, Congress, and State Department that had the guts to attempt it and (in the case of the President and State Department) weren’t already corrupt Arabists (as the British Foreign Service has been for more than a century).


Back to the Top

The Blogmocracy

website design was Built By David