Rand Paul and Ted Cruz to Filibuster Gun Control Bill

by Rodan ( 133 Comments › )
Filed under Conservatism, Republican Party, Second Amendment, Tea Parties, The Political Right at March 26th, 2013 - 3:00 pm

PaulCruz

Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are rapidly becoming the dynamic duo of the Senate. Cruz backed Paul’s 13 hour filibuster against drone strikes on Americans. Now Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are promising to filibuster any Gun Control bill.

Sens. Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and Mike Lee are threatening to filibuster gun-control legislation, according to a letter they plan to hand-deliver to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s office on Tuesday.

“We will oppose the motion to proceed to any legislation that will serve as a vehicle for any additional gun restrictions,” the three conservatives wrote in a copy of the signed letter obtained by POLITICO.

[....]

Though they don’t use the word “filibuster” in the letter, the conservatives are leaving no doubt that they would filibuster on an initial procedural question — the motion to proceed.

Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are true Patriots standing up for the Civil Rights of Americans. Without Guns, we lose our freedoms and our property.

Like many on the Right, I am very disillusioned with the Republican party. You have spineless Establishment and a stubborn base both of whom are hampering the Party’s ability to win elections. The one issue keeping me from defecting to the Libertarians, who I am ideologically more in line with is Gun Rights. If the GOP caves on Guns, I will no longer automatically vote for them. They would have to earn my vote. I am not alone in this sentiment.

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

133 Responses to “Rand Paul and Ted Cruz to Filibuster Gun Control Bill”

1. 1 | March 26, 2013 3:05 pm

I hope thi sis more than a 13 hour filibuster. This needs to be permanent. We have more than enough gun control in America today. Adding more restrictions for the law abiding is not the answer.

2. taxfreekiller
    2 | March 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Saw a satistic that gun and ammo jobs are more than the car company jobs.

3. taxfreekiller
    3 | March 26, 2013 3:10 pm

I do not know how long Ted Cruz will stay with a filabuster on this.

He will make his points and then move on to the amnesty.

I think that is where he will plant his feet and not move.

The gun deal will never pass, but this lust for the wage/vote slaves drive many of the cult to the point of overturning the constitution to get their way on this evil.

Without borders, even guns will not save U.S..

4. Lily
    4 | March 26, 2013 3:13 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

Saw a satistic that gun and ammo jobs are more than the car company jobs.

Makes sense. They are in high demand. High demand means more product which means you need more workers …….

5. taxfreekiller
    5 | March 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Call Ted Curz’s Washington D.C. office hit 0 and leave a message with a live person.

1-202-224-5922

use 75080 and East Texas as your zip or just tell them “We are all behind you”.

He needs to know we have his back.

The RINO’s and the msm are going to go after him big time.

The Commie Democrats hate and fear him.

6. 6 | March 26, 2013 3:20 pm

The only need to filibuster would be if a bill had the minimum votes to pass, so I’m sure they’ll do their best to get as accurate a count as possible before doing anything like that. If a bill is going to fail, why bother?

7. 7 | March 26, 2013 3:24 pm

This will make everyone feel better about ObamaCare:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Medical claims costs — the biggest driver of health insurance premiums — will jump an average 32 percent for Americans’ individual policies under President Barack Obama’s overhaul, according to a study by the nation’s leading group of financial risk analysts.

The report could turn into a big headache for the Obama administration at a time when many parts of the country remain skeptical about the Affordable Care Act. The estimates were recently released by the Society of Actuaries to its members.

While some states will see medical claims costs per person decline, the report concluded the overwhelming majority will see double-digit increases in their individual health insurance markets, where people purchase coverage directly from insurers.

That means health care is going up in cost for everyone. Businesses will pass these costs on to heir employees, if they don’t decide that it is better to pay the ObamaTax and get rid of health insurance entirely. All part of Obama’s plan. The idea, of course, is to make healthcare unaffordable and inaccessible except for the rich. That’ll take care of all those old people sitting around sponging up tax money that could be better funneled into Obama’s cronies’ pockets.

8. taxfreekiller
    8 | March 26, 2013 3:24 pm

There are many Americans who need to see someone stand up and fight.

These Americans need to be educated on the truth and the filabuster in the Senate will work for a time.

If it becomes to effective the msm/twoparty evil money cult will have CSPAN not cover the filabusters any longer.

We have to use all means to over come the power of the msm and the two party evil money cults hold on our lives.

9. eaglesoars
    9 | March 26, 2013 3:25 pm

@ taxfreekiller:

hey tfk what is this Cruz ‘birther’ stuff all about?

10. Lily
    10 | March 26, 2013 3:33 pm

Indeed.

Unhappy Anniversary

Last week, politicians who helped craft the Affordable Care Act (ACA) celebrated in self-congratulatory style the third anniversary of that monstrosity which will soon extinguish health care as we’ve known it.

The president’s promises about the ACA saving money and allowing you to keep your existing health plan are proving false, as many predicted.

The Department of Health and Human Services maintains the law will make health care more affordable and accessible. The Wall Street Journal, reminding readers of that claim, reported last week that health insurers are privately warning brokers: “premiums for many individuals and small businesses could increase sharply next year.”

11. 11 | March 26, 2013 3:34 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Cruz Birthers:

Birthers, it turns out, can be bipartisan. They have a new target — the rapidly rising GOP senator Ted Cruz.

Though he bears all the marks of a Texan — the swagger, the signature twang, and the ever-present cowboy boots — 42-year-old Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, to an American mother and a Cuban father. By dint of his mother’s citizenship, Cruz was an American citizen at birth. Whether he meets the Constitution’s requirement that the president of the United States be a “natural-born citizen,” a term the Framers didn’t define and for which the nation’s courts have yet to offer an interpretation, has become the subject of considerable speculation.

It is as much nonsense as the same speculation over McCain (born in the Canal Zone) and Obama. All that would ever happen is that the Senate would issue a “Sense of the Senate” statement that Cruz was Constitutionally eligible for the Presidency. That’s it. That’s all that would have happened with Obama, had anything ever come of the Birthers there.

12. Lily
    12 | March 26, 2013 3:34 pm

obamacare is just plain evil to be honest…and oh so wrong.

13. Lily
    13 | March 26, 2013 3:35 pm

@ taxfreekiller:

Someone needs to stand up to all this nonsense.

14 | March 26, 2013 3:36 pm

Under the most commonly accepted definition, Cruz doesn’t qualify.

McCain did, only because he was born in the Panama Canal Zone, which was a US territory at the time. Of course, Carter gave it away later.

15. 15 | March 26, 2013 3:39 pm

@ Lily:

It is designed to make things worse. That is what Comunists do. They want to make the current situation (whatever it is) intolerable. They in no way want to ameiliorate it. The worst thing that can happen, from a Communist perspective, is fo rpeople to be happy with the status quo. If people are happy, they won’t support the Revolution, and it is all about making the Revolution happen. That is what Obama’s whole life has been about, and he has surrounded himself with fellow-travellers. They want things to get worse. That way a desperate populace will accept total State control, and all that comes with it.

16. 16 | March 26, 2013 3:40 pm

Legal scholars are firm about Cruz’s eligibility. “Of course he’s eligible,” Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz tells National Review Online. “He’s a natural-born, not a naturalized, citizen.” Eugene Volokh, a professor at the UCLA School of Law and longtime friend of Cruz, agrees, saying the senator was “a citizen at birth, and thus a natural-born citizen — as opposed to a naturalized citizen, which I understand to mean someone who becomes a citizen after birth.”

17. eaglesoars
    17 | March 26, 2013 3:40 pm

Under the most commonly accepted definition, Cruz doesn’t qualify.

ok, what’s the most commonly accepted definition? His mother was an American citizen. What’s the problem?

18 | March 26, 2013 3:44 pm

@ eaglesoars:

He was born in Canada.

It’s the same as the issue with Obama if you believe that he was born in Kenya (not that I do). The difference is that there’s no question as to where Cruz was born.

19 | March 26, 2013 3:45 pm

That’s not the most accepted definition, though.

Yes, Cruz is a native-born citizen, because his mother is American, but that’s not the term used in the Constitution.

20. Lily
    20 | March 26, 2013 3:46 pm

Truly not a good thing….and I honestly hope it doesn’t come about.
    Wishful thinking I’m sure.

21. taxfreekiller
    21 | March 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Its about the fear of Ted Curz and others of We The People Taking the country back from the two party evil money cult.

They fear real conservative Constitutional Americans more than any thing.@ eaglesoars:

22. 22 | March 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Again:

The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term “natural born” citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship “by birth” or “at birth”, either by being born “in” the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship “at birth”. Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an “alien” required to go through the legal process of “naturalization” to become a U.S. citizen.[1]

It couldn’t be clearer. Cruz isn’t a naturalized citizen, therefore he is a natural born one. The only othe roption is not a citizen at all, and no one is denying that Cruz is a citizen.

23. eaglesoars
    23 | March 26, 2013 3:50 pm

That’s not the most accepted definition, though.

So this is about his eligibility for POTUS??

Crimeny, they ARE frightened, aren’t they?

24. taxfreekiller
    24 | March 26, 2013 3:50 pm

The problem of Ted Cruz and his legal citizenship is zero.

25. taxfreekiller
    25 | March 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Ted Cruz is legal to be Pres. of the U.S. A. 100%.

26. 26 | March 26, 2013 3:52 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Yes, they are frightened. They should be.

27. taxfreekiller
    27 | March 26, 2013 3:53 pm

Ted Cruz is the real deal and they power money cult know it and will fight him and those like him like mad dogs.

28. eaglesoars
    28 | March 26, 2013 3:53 pm

I was rooting for Newt because he’s such a great debater. I get the same kick out of Cruz. He’d be terrific. Kick-ass Cruz.

29. taxfreekiller
    29 | March 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Ted Cruz will not back down and tfk and ms tfk will be with him to the end what ever it brings.

30. BatGuano
    30 | March 26, 2013 3:55 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Kick-ass Cruz.

I like. I want it on campaign buttons!

31. taxfreekiller
    31 | March 26, 2013 4:05 pm

I still go to Serria Club meetings in Dallas/Ft.Worth area.

I go as a radical enviro nut job.

They have Ted Cruz on the bad bad bad list local and national.

They are going to go after him hard. They do not want independent thinking people in Washington D.C..

32. 32 | March 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Talk about having balls.

The Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda ask for Patriot Missiles in Syria

13 years after 9/11 they ask for Patriot Missiles. I am sure the Obama Regime and the McCain wing of the GOP will comply.

33. eaglesoars
    33 | March 26, 2013 4:16 pm

gotta get started on the dinner thing.

34. yenta-fada
    34 | March 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Regarding Commies. Having assets confiscated in Cyprus, Medvedev Channnels Lenin.

35. yenta-fada
    35 | March 26, 2013 4:33 pm

Talk about having balls.
    The Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda ask for Patriot Missiles in Syria

Everyone on Earth exists to serve Islam. A tiny fraction in the West fully realizes and understands the implications of that.

36. Lily
    36 | March 26, 2013 4:36 pm

@ taxfreekiller:

I go as a radical enviro nut job.

LOL!!!! Doing under-cover work are you TFK???
    I find this so funny! LOL!
    I know it isn’t hard to act like one might be a little fun. Oh my!!!

37. yenta-fada
    37 | March 26, 2013 4:36 pm

The Orthodox Church on Cyprus curses the EU for stealing its money.

Cyprus Church Loses EUR100 Million, Curses Those Responsible
    Perhaps it was their comment last week that “with the brains in Brussels… the Euro can’t last,” but the Orthodox Church of Cyprus has lost over EUR100 million reacted to its holdings in Bank of Cyprus. Church leader Archbishop Chrysostomos II, in comments on TV, noted that “Cyprus asked for ‘crumbs’ compared to large size of Europe’s budget,” and that those responsible in Cyprus should be punished (he blames the outgoing government, Ministers of Finance, the Central Bank, and the Executive Directors of Banks) -- “those that brought the place into this mess, should sit on the stool.” He noted that people will lose jobs and the state will be poorer but that the Church is prepared to help; and his first step -- to send invitations to the heads of various Russian companies on the island.

38. yenta-fada
    38 | March 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Lily wrote:

@ taxfreekiller:
    I go as a radical enviro nut job.
    LOL!!!! Doing under-cover work are you TFK???
    I find this so funny! LOL!
    I know it isn’t hard to act like one might be a little fun. Oh my!!!

I can see him sitting there in stony silence. lol.

39. Lily
    39 | March 26, 2013 4:38 pm

@ Lily:

But I commend ya TFK doing the job others refuse to do!!! Who I dare say here on this blog is doing this type infiltration???? One night a month or a week? Infiltration…easy.

40. Lily
    40 | March 26, 2013 4:39 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Lily wrote:
    @ taxfreekiller:
    I go as a radical enviro nut job.
    LOL!!!! Doing under-cover work are you TFK???
    I find this so funny! LOL!
    I know it isn’t hard to act like one might be a little fun. Oh my!!!
    I can see him sitting there in stony silence. lol.

I see him very vocal!!! LOL!

41. Lily
    41 | March 26, 2013 4:42 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Oh dear…they are cursing the EU…not good I say. I’m sure the EU will ignore this at their own peril! Really it’s bad mojo!

42 | March 26, 2013 4:42 pm

If Ted Cruz were to run for POTUS, who on the Left would ask to see his birth certificate?

Some would, because they are genuine, grade-A morons.

But if Cruz is denied the opportunity to run, how would anything Soetoro did during his Presidency stand?

43. Lily
    43 | March 26, 2013 4:43 pm

Lily wrote:

yenta-fada wrote:
    Lily wrote:
    @ taxfreekiller:
    I go as a radical enviro nut job.
    LOL!!!! Doing under-cover work are you TFK???
    I find this so funny! LOL!
    I know it isn’t hard to act like one might be a little fun. Oh my!!!
    I can see him sitting there in stony silence. lol.
    I see him very vocal!!! LOL!

How else could be known as a radical enviro nut job???? You gotta let it out!

44 | March 26, 2013 4:46 pm

@ 36 Lily: We want you to infiltrate the New Orleans Saints and provide intel back on America’s team. /hushhush

45. yenta-fada
    45 | March 26, 2013 4:46 pm

@ Lily:

The thing about the left is that they automatically assume you agree with their worldview. I see it all around me. They have also silenced dissent with political correctness and identity politics. I say all you have to do is show up. :-)
    With that, I’m out since I got nuttink on the topic.

46 | March 26, 2013 4:48 pm

@ 42 Bumr50: It’s the poo flinging left there you are talking about. Overweight middle aged white men with perverted political tastes and willing to mouth off about it. There are a lot of them.

47. Lily
    47 | March 26, 2013 5:07 pm

darkwords wrote:

Might be a little hard to do…although I like idea though…but they are 4 hours away from me.

48. Lily
    48 | March 26, 2013 5:09 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

@ Lily:
    With that, I’m out since I got nuttink on the topic.

True, true…but you got to nod your head and agree with them and then maybe even top whatever nutty idea they come up with. So at least you make them think you are one of those thinkers and all. ;)

49. brookly red
    49 | March 26, 2013 5:40 pm

Heh… I thought this was happy hour?

50. 50 | March 26, 2013 6:10 pm

@ Bumr50:

It will not be just the Left who makes an issue of this. I can see the Transvestite Man Coulter bring it up.

51. 51 | March 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Dear God, please make the North Korean’s nuke California…

Here in San Diego, the local television Marxist propaganda, Indoctrination and Brainwashing Stations are covering a Protest outside the Federal Courthouse. The coverage is 102% Pro Gay marriage, -2% anti-gay marriage.

52. 52 | March 26, 2013 6:12 pm

@ yenta-fada:

I just do not want to hear politicians say they are against Islamic terror anymore.

53. 53 | March 26, 2013 6:12 pm

Okay, dorian -- but you better pick me up on your way out….

54. 54 | March 26, 2013 6:15 pm

The power of Juche can make it possible!

55. eaglesoars
    55 | March 26, 2013 6:20 pm

nah. I think we should just give you to China.

56 | March 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Then what’s the basis of the Obama “birther” argument?

His mother was a US citizen. Nobody disputes that. The question (to the extent that there is one) is where he was born.

I’m not bringing it up because I in any way believe that he was born somewhere other than Hawaii. I’m just pointing out that it’s exactly the same issue.

There are more than two types of citizenship, by the way. People born outside the US to US parents have derived citizenship. They get a certificate issued by the State Department saying that they’re US citizens. Every child born to our military personnel in a foreign country gets one.

57. brookly red
    57 | March 26, 2013 6:20 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Dear God, please make the North Korean’s nuke California…

no way think about that… if there was no Cali what would we have to give the Chinese when the come for their loans back?

58. brookly red
    58 | March 26, 2013 6:22 pm

@ eaglesoars:

by like 6 seconds :)

59. 59 | March 26, 2013 6:23 pm

@ brookly red:

NYC?

60. 60 | March 26, 2013 6:23 pm

brookly red wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    Dear God, please make the North Korean’s nuke California…

At this point, I honestly don’t think I care any more.

61. brookly red
    61 | March 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ brookly red:

NYC?

they don’t want it :(

62. 62 | March 26, 2013 6:24 pm

My Mom and Uncles were born with American citizenship in the Dominican republic because of my Granddad who was a US Citizen and WWII Vet.

63. eaglesoars
    63 | March 26, 2013 6:24 pm

brookly red wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    by like 6 seconds

almost and horseshoes babe…………

64. brookly red
    64 | March 26, 2013 6:26 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

brookly red wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    by like 6 seconds

almost and horseshoes babe…………

horse shoes ?

65. brookly red
    65 | March 26, 2013 6:28 pm

doriangrey wrote:

At this point, I honestly don’t think I care any more.

hey at least you don’t live in Jersey

66 | March 26, 2013 6:28 pm

And your point is?

They have derived citizenship, just like Ted Cruz.

67. eaglesoars
    67 | March 26, 2013 6:33 pm

brookly red wrote:

eaglesoars wrote:
    brookly red wrote:
    @ eaglesoars:
    by like 6 seconds
    almost and horseshoes babe…………
    horse shoes ?

Almost only counts in horseshoes.

My guess is you never played horseshoes.

68. yenta-fada
    68 | March 26, 2013 6:33 pm

Now I’m pissed. I did not think that Minnie Mouse needed a makeover!

69. yenta-fada
    69 | March 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Dorian, did you get my last email? Shall I re-send?

70. yenta-fada
    71 | March 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Which one of my topics is not like the other? //

71. yenta-fada
    72 | March 26, 2013 6:37 pm

I HEAR YOU!!

72. 73 | March 26, 2013 6:39 pm

I was just using my family as an example to the point you were making.

73. 74 | March 26, 2013 6:39 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Almost only counts in horseshoes.

Horseshoes and hand grenades…

74. 75 | March 26, 2013 6:39 pm

@ yenta-fada:

It’s all a scam. Just like Ben’s money printing.

75. brookly red
    76 | March 26, 2013 6:39 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

brookly red wrote:

eaglesoars wrote:
    brookly red wrote:
    @ eaglesoars:
    by like 6 seconds
    almost and horseshoes babe…………
    horse shoes ?

Almost only counts in horseshoes.

My guess is you never played horseshoes.

actually yes I was pulling your leg ;)

76. yenta-fada
    77 | March 26, 2013 6:39 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Dear God, please make the North Korean’s nuke California…

Actually, I was listening to BBC (comes on the radio station I listen to sometimes). They were reporting that the Supreme Court Justices were not showing an inclination to get into this mess at all.

77. 78 | March 26, 2013 6:40 pm

@ Mike C.:

A Gun thread without much gun talk!

78. brookly red
    79 | March 26, 2013 6:41 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

doriangrey wrote:

Dear God, please make the North Korean’s nuke California…

SCALIA: ‘When Did It Become Unconstitutional To Exclude Homosexual Couples From Marriage?’

79. yenta-fada
    80 | March 26, 2013 6:42 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    It’s all a scam. Just like Ben’s money printing.

Manufactured news. Just another product from the international elite.
    That’s not a conspiracy theory. They probably can’t agree on what to have for lunch, but they WANT LUNCH. (your lunch)

81 | March 26, 2013 6:43 pm

I was just using my family as an example to the point you were making.

Okay.

I thought you were contradicting me.

81. eaglesoars
    82 | March 26, 2013 6:44 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    Almost only counts in horseshoes.
    Horseshoes and hand grenades…

sorry, I’ve never played hand grenades…….

82. 83 | March 26, 2013 6:45 pm

No way, I was proving your point!

83. Lily
    84 | March 26, 2013 6:46 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Mike C. wrote:
    @ eaglesoars:
    Almost only counts in horseshoes.
    Horseshoes and hand grenades…
    sorry, I’ve never played hand grenades…….

Well that’s the thing about hand grenades …no one wins to tell of the victory..that’s why almost works. It’s a rather odd game.

84. 85 | March 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Yup!

This Cyprus thing is sending a chill down my spine.

85. eaglesoars
    86 | March 26, 2013 6:47 pm

@ yenta-fada:

great. Minnie’s wearing a table cloth.

86. Lily
    87 | March 26, 2013 6:47 pm

@ Mike C.:
    A Gun thread without much gun talk!

There was a lot of bluster yesterday on guns, heathens, satanists and penquins if I remember correctly.

87. Lily
    88 | March 26, 2013 6:50 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Which one of my topics is not like the other? //

There also was some fashion talk if I remember correctly too.

88. yenta-fada
    89 | March 26, 2013 6:50 pm

Raising spirits for USAF. Climbing Mt. Everest.

89. Lily
    90 | March 26, 2013 6:51 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    great. Minnie’s wearing a table cloth.

It’s disturbing for sure.

91 | March 26, 2013 6:51 pm

No way, I was proving your point!

If it’s as simple as some people think, then why are we still hearing about the Obama stuff? His mother was an American, so there should be no issue.

But there is, because some people (not including myself) believe that he was born elsewhere.

92 | March 26, 2013 6:53 pm

And the claim that “all legal scholars agree,” even if it’s true, is irrelevant anyway. Legal scholars don’t decide these issues. Judges (and specifically Supreme Court Justices) do.

10 years ago, “all legal scholars agreed” that there was no individual right to keep and bear arms, too.

93 | March 26, 2013 6:55 pm

Well, I had my initial appointment with the VA today. Seemed to go okay. They even used alcohol when drawing blood (unlike the Kuwaiti government-run clinic).

93. yenta-fada
    94 | March 26, 2013 6:57 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    great. Minnie’s wearing a table cloth.

Who else do we know who dresses like this?

94. 95 | March 26, 2013 6:57 pm

Right, legal opinions do not mean crap unless ruled by the SC.

95. Lily
    96 | March 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Well I am glad to hear you finally got in. No alcohol in Kuwaiti?? I can see that…they would probably think someone would drink it.

96. 97 | March 26, 2013 6:59 pm

I do think he’s hiding something on his Birth Certificate, but I have no doubt he was born in Hawaii. If he was not, it would have came out long ago.

97. 98 | March 26, 2013 7:00 pm

98. yenta-fada
    99 | March 26, 2013 7:01 pm

Yup!
    This Cyprus thing is sending a chill down my spine.

Me too. The EU/ECB/IMF are stealing money from the depositors. It means a rapid erosion of trust in the Euro Banking system. From there…who knows. Imagine your life savings mostly stolen overnight. Panic.

99. 100 | March 26, 2013 7:01 pm

Lily wrote:

They do.

101 | March 26, 2013 7:01 pm

Pretty sure it’s Daddy Frank, but that’s just speculation.

101. Lily
    102 | March 26, 2013 7:02 pm

Heaven only knows with obama…there is a good chance there is nothing wrong with his BC…and he is fanning the smoke to make other people look foolish or there is a good chance there is something. That’s the whole issue. He creates division…even with a simple BC.

102. Lily
    103 | March 26, 2013 7:03 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Lily wrote:
    They do.

That’s what I figured.

103. yenta-fada
    104 | March 26, 2013 7:03 pm

Congratulations! It’s a start to get into the Vet Health system now?

105 | March 26, 2013 7:04 pm

Right, legal opinions do not mean crap unless ruled by the SC.

At some point, they are going to have to rule on it. There were hundreds of thousands of kids born overseas during the Cold War years who are coming of age now where it could become an issue.

Contrary to what many people think, US military installations in foreign countries are not US soil. And even if they were, most of those kids weren’t actually born in military hospitals, anyway, because they usually don’t have maternity wards. Kids tend to be born in host nation hospitals, and they get a birth certificate from that country.

They are eligible for US citizenship, but the proof of it is a certificate issued by the State Department, rather than their birth certificate, like it is for most people.

106 | March 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Lily wrote:

The private medical facilities I used for all my care, including my surgery, all use alcohol sanitizers and stuff, just like we do.

The government clinics are like something you’d see in Africa.

107 | March 26, 2013 7:07 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Congratulations! It’s a start to get into the Vet Health system now?

Yup.

107. Lily
    108 | March 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Whooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaa!!! You missed a good one. The blog nearly got nuked…. ;)

108. 109 | March 26, 2013 7:10 pm

If he was not, it would have came out long ago.

You mean like his SAT Scores?

109. Lily
    110 | March 26, 2013 7:15 pm

Lily wrote:
    The government clinics are like something you’d see in Africa.

I can see that.

111 | March 26, 2013 7:16 pm

@ Lily:

The room next to where they drew my blood for my visa application was the TB clinic.

111. Lily
    112 | March 26, 2013 7:17 pm

doriangrey wrote:

If he was not, it would have came out long ago.
    You mean like his SAT Scores?

Yep everything is a big secret with obama…just the way he likes it.

112. 113 | March 26, 2013 7:17 pm

That is what my Mom received. But yes, this issue has to be settled. Not just because of the military, but also many Americans are working overseas.

113. 114 | March 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Pretty sure it’s Daddy Frank, but that’s just speculation.

That is my theory and his race says Mulatto, not African like the forged one we have seen.

114. Lily
    115 | March 26, 2013 7:19 pm

Really?? Unbelievable.

116 | March 26, 2013 7:19 pm

doriangrey wrote:

If he was not, it would have came out long ago.
    You mean like his SAT Scores?

You’re assuming he took the SAT…

117 | March 26, 2013 7:21 pm

@ Lily:

I don’t think the guy who was drawing blood changed his gloves all day.

And he didn’t speak English. The paperwork was all in Arabic. Fortunately, they stapled a passport photo to it, so you could at least see that they had your forms.

117. eaglesoars
    118 | March 26, 2013 7:22 pm

I don’t think the guy who was drawing blood changed his gloves all day.

I just got sick…………..

119 | March 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Bumr50 wrote:
    Pretty sure it’s Daddy Frank, but that’s just speculation.

I want to see a DNA sample showing that he’s actually human.

119. 120 | March 26, 2013 7:23 pm

Hiding school records is easier than when you are born. That said, I do find it suspicious how much information is missing on Obama.

120. Lily
    121 | March 26, 2013 7:23 pm

@ Lily:
    I don’t think the guy who was drawing blood changed his gloves all day.

Not a place I would like to be….no wonder you wanting to come home. I would too!

122 | March 26, 2013 7:24 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

I don’t think the guy who was drawing blood changed his gloves all day.
    I just got sick…………..

That was the one and only time I ever let them touch me in a government clinic.

I had to go into another one when I got my Kuwaiti drivers license, because they want your blood type. I knew mine, so I just told them.

122. 123 | March 26, 2013 7:24 pm

OK, what is really going on at Area 51. Obama does resemble a space alien!

124 | March 26, 2013 7:25 pm

OK, what is really going on at Area 51. Obama does resemble a space alien!

Or one of those robots they use at Disneyland.

124. Lily
    125 | March 26, 2013 7:26 pm

OK, what is really going on at Area 51. Obama does resemble a space alien!

I’ve been there…believe it or not. Lot’s of little green men..that you can buy and are rubber. A bit touristy if I say so myself. ;)

126 | March 26, 2013 7:28 pm

@ Lily:

You’re probably thinking of Roswell, NM.

Area 51 is in the middle of nowhere, Nevada.

126. 127 | March 26, 2013 7:29 pm

New Thread.

127. Lily
    128 | March 26, 2013 7:35 pm

@ Lily:
    You’re probably thinking of Roswell, NM.
    Area 51 is in the middle of nowhere, Nevada.

Yes …ya got me..I confused the two. Darn it.

129 | March 26, 2013 7:37 pm

@ Lily:

Yes …ya got me..I confused the two. Darn it.

Area 51 isn’t exactly tourist-friendly. It’s about 100 miles from anywhere, and their security people have no sense of humor.

130 | March 26, 2013 7:38 pm

@ Lily:

The best thing about Roswell was either Shiri Appleby or Katherine Heigl.

Sadly, I don’t think either of them have ever actually been there, though.

130. 131 | March 26, 2013 7:45 pm

On the contrary, hiding ones college records is much more difficult, because unless you went to college back in the 50′s, those records existed as digital information from the get go.

Original paper documents are the easiest to hide, all that you have to know, to do that, is what the required replication procedure was for the institute that created the document.

Once you know that, you know basically where every single original copy of the document was stored. From there it’s a simple matter of document retrieval.

Digital documents are far more problematic, as is the case of any email you have ever sent anyone. It still exists in a mired of data server cashe records. Any electronic/digital document that has ever traveled across the internet is located in literally thousands of servers.

131. eaglesoars
    132 | March 26, 2013 8:15 pm

sometimes you scare me………

132. eaglesoars