The Obama Boom: Food Stamp increase despite “improved” economy

by Rodan ( 154 Comments › )
Filed under Economy, unemployment at March 28th, 2013 - 3:41 pm

The media has proclaimed America is in  anew golden age of economic growth. Obama is celebrated as a hero who has rescued America from the abyss. Article after article tells of a great economic growth, a booming stock market and an awesome job market. The 0.4% increase in GDP is overlooked and not mentioned. One would think this was the 80′s or 90′s again. But reality is different.

In a sign of the true state of the economy, food stamp usage is increasing.

The biggest factor behind the upward march of food stamps is a sluggish job market and a rising poverty rate. At the same time, many states have pushed to get more people to apply for SNAP, a program where the federal government picks up the tab.

But there is another driver, which has its origins in President Bill Clinton’s 1996 welfare overhaul. In recent years, the law has enabled states to ease asset and income tests for would-be participants, with the encouragement of the Obama administration, allowing into the program people with relatively higher incomes as well as savings.

The new rules were designed to encourage people to take advantage of the program before they became destitute. By expanding the pool of potential applicants, they are redrawing the landscape of government assistance. It is one reason why SNAP appears to have evolved from a program that rose and fell with the unemployment rate to a more permanent feature of the landscape.

Those of us in the real world know that the economy is stagnant. But reality trumps propaganda in the Obama Boom.

In another sign of bad economic times, the amount of workers going on disability has also increased.

The federal government spends more money each year on cash payments for disabled former workers than it spends on food stamps and welfare combined. Yet people relying on disability payments are often overlooked in discussions of the social safety net. People on federal disability do not work. Yet because they are not technically part of the labor force, they are not counted among the unemployed.

In other words, people on disability don’t show up in any of the places we usually look to see how the economy is doing. But the story of these programs — who goes on them, and why, and what happens after that — is, to a large extent, the story of the U.S. economy. It’s the story not only of an aging workforce, but also of a hidden, increasingly expensive safety net.

This is how they have managed to lower the unemployment rate. This is where people leaving the workforce are going.  None of this matters, the American people love Obama and his failures have done him no damage.

Tags: ,

Comments

154 Responses to “The Obama Boom: Food Stamp increase despite “improved” economy”

1. brookly red
    1 | March 28, 2013 3:54 pm

well giving them to illegals could explain that…

2. Lily
    2 | March 28, 2013 3:56 pm

I saw this….what is our nation coming to?

3 | March 28, 2013 3:58 pm

I wonder I the feds are lying about the economy?….nah, unpossible

4. 4 | March 28, 2013 4:06 pm

@ heysoos:

The sad part is many people think the economy is booming right now.

5. brookly red
    5 | March 28, 2013 4:06 pm

the amount of food stamps (EBT card really) in NYC for a single male is $284 a month… now if you really bought food real food with it, not shrimps and steaks that is a lot of freakin food.

6 | March 28, 2013 4:09 pm

my solution to that is simple…when you’re into the feds, at some point you have no right to vote

7. brookly red
    7 | March 28, 2013 4:09 pm

@ heysoos:

The sad part is many people thing the economy is booming right now.

many people think that’s Michelle’s real hair too…

8. 8 | March 28, 2013 4:10 pm

@ heysoos:

That would be the answer in a just world.

9. Lily
    9 | March 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Point and laugh I say….

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f1ULcGyCGTo#!v

10. brookly red
    10 | March 28, 2013 4:13 pm

heysoos wrote:

well you have to make exceptions for SS & VA bennies…

11. Lily
    11 | March 28, 2013 4:15 pm

@ Lily:

Darn it. I messed that up let me try again.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ULcGyCGTo

12. Lily
    12 | March 28, 2013 4:16 pm

@ heysoos:
    The sad part is many people thing the economy is booming right now.
    many people think that’s Michelle’s real hair too…

Oh my you can tell that’s a wig from a mile away….a Wal-Mart one too.

13 | March 28, 2013 4:18 pm

@ brookly red:
    right, and I have before…allowing the cows to vote is a wildly unfair liberal advantage…unrestricted, no ID voting is utterly crazy..we all know that tho

14. brookly red
    14 | March 28, 2013 4:23 pm

udderly crazy :)

15 | March 28, 2013 4:24 pm

I was up north a week or so back…drone about 4k miles@ brookly red:
    good one!

16 | March 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Add the number of new disability cases to that, too.

Loads of people whose unemployment has run out suddenly discovered that they were “disabled.”

17. brookly red
    17 | March 28, 2013 4:26 pm

I was up north a week or so back…drone about 4k miles@ brookly red:
    good one!

yes and you drone a lot here too ;)

just funnin with you

18. Vinegar Joe
    18 | March 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Meanwhile, production at the Red October Tractor Factory has increased by 27% over 2012!

19. brookly red
    19 | March 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Add the number of new disability cases to that, too.

the job market is bad… worse if your over 40. You & are lucky, we work for ourselves.

20 | March 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Obama: GOP “Drowning Out” The Voices Of The American People On Gun Control…

President Obama warned that the GOP was “running out the clock” and “drowning out” the American people on the issue of gun control at a White House event this afternoon. “Their assumption is that people will just forget about [Newtown],” Obama said in his speech alongside the families of gun-violence victims. He accused those “powerful voices on the other side” of trying to make the push for stricter gun-control measures “collapse under the weight of fear and frustration.”

As usual, what’s actually happening is exactly the opposite.

The people don’t want any new gun laws, but left-wing special interests are trying to drum up bogus support for their plans.

21 | March 28, 2013 4:29 pm

@ heysoos:
    any, traveling…in OK I passed a flat bed that was hauling two panel like trucks…custom built, a dark royal blue, tinted window, some sort of access from the roof, several comms antennas, super heavy duty rims and tires…I’ve seen a truck like it….then two weeks later I passed the exact same setup in AK…wtf are those?

22. brookly red
    22 | March 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Vinegar Joe wrote:

but no one buys electric tractor comrade, what to do?

23 | March 28, 2013 4:30 pm

@ brookly red:

I’d much rather have an actual job right now. At least I could complain to my boss about not making enough money to make ends meet.

24. brookly red
    24 | March 28, 2013 4:31 pm

@ heysoos:

you said it your self, custom built.

25. 25 | March 28, 2013 4:31 pm

That is how they have been lowering the UE rate.

26. 26 | March 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Vinegar Joe wrote:

27. brookly red
    27 | March 28, 2013 4:32 pm

@ brookly red:

and your boss would say I know plenty of people that would love to have your job…

28 | March 28, 2013 4:32 pm

@ heysoos:

you said it your self, custom built.

they were big and rugged, rode high…very sinister looking..I looked for a DHS decal, but there was nothing

29. brookly red
    29 | March 28, 2013 4:34 pm

Obama: GOP “Drowning Out” The Voices Of The American People On Gun Control…

As usual, what’s actually happening is exactly the opposite.

the problem is we don’t have public referendums (like prop 8) when given the chance to vote on issues right of center almost always wins.

30 | March 28, 2013 4:36 pm

@ brookly red:

January was the best month I’ve ever had, and I cleared about 2/3 of what I spend on monthly expenses.

This would be okay as a side business, but I just can’t make enough at it to live on.

31. brookly red
    31 | March 28, 2013 4:37 pm

@ heysoos:

you said it your self, custom built.

probably DHS urban gangsta vehicles

32 | March 28, 2013 4:38 pm

@ heysoos:

The markings probably get put on by the final customer, whoever that might be. Police cars are like that. They paint them whatever color the department wants at the factory, but the decals are put on after delivery.

33. brookly red
    33 | March 28, 2013 4:39 pm

@ brookly red:

I hear you… it is rough out there. Do you do any marketing/self promotion? If not I could make some recommendations…

34 | March 28, 2013 4:41 pm

just riffing on the DHS conspiracy…they looked like FEMA Security vehicles

35 | March 28, 2013 4:42 pm

@ brookly red:

I go to all the local gun shows, and have a monthly drawing for a free class. There’s a link to my website from one of the local gun rights groups, which gets me a lot of traffic.

Other than that, not all that much. I can’t afford radio or TV ads.

36 | March 28, 2013 4:43 pm

brookly red wrote:

And, of course, when Prop 8 won a federal judge who should have recused himself voided the popular vote, and was upheld by the Ninth Circuit.

37 | March 28, 2013 4:43 pm

just riffing on the DHS conspiracy…they looked like FEMA Security vehicles

Could very well be.

Although FEMA vehicles usually have a white base color.

38 | March 28, 2013 4:44 pm

BBIAB

39. brookly red
    39 | March 28, 2013 4:49 pm

@ brookly red:

Other than that, not all that much. I can’t afford radio or TV ads.

any social media, LinkedIn ? Yelp? (if you have it out there) Word of mouth is your best friend… use the clients you have to refer new ones. You can for example offer a client to bring a friend/family member for free with with their paid lesson. Stuff like that.

40. Lily
    40 | March 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Add the number of new disability cases to that, too.

And the really disabled get the shaft.

41 | March 28, 2013 4:54 pm

Lily wrote:

And the really disabled get the shaft.

Damn right.

Can you dig it?

42. brookly red
    42 | March 28, 2013 4:56 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Lily wrote:

And the really disabled get the shaft.

Damn right.

Can you dig it?

spoon feed

43. Lily
    43 | March 28, 2013 5:01 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Lily wrote:
    And the really disabled get the shaft.
    Damn right.
    Can you dig it?

No … my oldest son. Thank goodness we can afford his *disability*..it’s a joke his meds alone cost upwords of 600.00 that’s what we pay…they call it a donut hole.

44. 44 | March 28, 2013 5:03 pm

@ brookly red:

Guys, the guy just lost his best business conduct location.

45 | March 28, 2013 5:04 pm

Lily wrote:

Sorry, not meaning to make light of your situation; I just couldn’t resist the Isaac Hayes riff.

46. brookly red
    46 | March 28, 2013 5:06 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ brookly red:

Guys, the guy just lost his best business conduct location.

that is not good… is there a plan B. ?

47. brookly red
    47 | March 28, 2013 5:07 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Lily wrote:
    And the really disabled get the shaft.
    Damn right.
    Can you dig it?

That is the kind of thing government should be paying for, not studies on snail sex.

48. 48 | March 28, 2013 5:08 pm

@ brookly red:

Let’s hope something works out.

49. brookly red
    49 | March 28, 2013 5:11 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ brookly red:

Let’s hope something works out.

I would be glad to offer marketing services but a place of work is a problem.

50 | March 28, 2013 5:15 pm

@ brookly red:

I already do some things like that. And I do get some business from referrals from previous customers.

51. Lily
    51 | March 28, 2013 5:16 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:
    Lily wrote:
    And the really disabled get the shaft.
    Damn right.
    Can you dig it?

Indeed..but snails are more important than my son who is a human. Not right.

52. 52 | March 28, 2013 5:16 pm

@ brookly red:

He lost his ability to use A – the indoor range, which is important in a cold climate, and B – a range that has rental guns. That eliminates a lot of potential customers. As if the difficulty in obtaining sufficient ammunition for the courses wasn’t already enough of a problem. Marketing can’t really solve these basics.

53. brookly red
    53 | March 28, 2013 5:18 pm

@ brookly red:

OK great and good luck… in the future if you want and free advise marketing just let me know or ask the admins for my addy.

54. brookly red
    54 | March 28, 2013 5:21 pm

beer run back in 15…

55. Lily
    55 | March 28, 2013 5:24 pm

@ Lily:

Not to mention I think we all know how snails have sex. The same way others do….and why do we need to know their sex life. Sex. Sex. Sex.
    This obsession with sex is troublesome.

56. Lily
    56 | March 28, 2013 5:31 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Lily wrote:

Oh I didn’t take offense…it’s just the reality of it. It was a good riff though. ;)
    / I do have a sense of humor and I have adjusted to my reality with my son. Don’t worry about it…..but obama’s disability is a joke believe me on that.

57. brookly red
    57 | March 28, 2013 6:05 pm

Hmmmm what to eat for dinner…

58 | March 28, 2013 6:08 pm

brookly red wrote:

Hmmmm what to eat for dinner…

SNAILS!

59. brookly red
    59 | March 28, 2013 6:10 pm

brookly red wrote:

Hmmmm what to eat for dinner…

SNAILS!

snails are an appetizer

60 | March 28, 2013 6:12 pm

brookly red wrote:
    Hmmmm what to eat for dinner…
    SNAILS!

snails are an appetizer

I ate a few snails once…but I was well buzzed, flashing my money and just showing off…I don’t think I chewed them

61. Lily
    61 | March 28, 2013 6:13 pm

brookly red wrote:
    Hmmmm what to eat for dinner…
    SNAILS!
    snails are an appetizer

And dare I say YUCKY! Who wants to eat bugs?

62. Lily
    62 | March 28, 2013 6:14 pm

brookly red wrote:
    Hmmmm what to eat for dinner…
    SNAILS!
    snails are an appetizer

You were faking being Euro French???

63. brookly red
    63 | March 28, 2013 6:15 pm

@ Lily:

you don’t chew snails, kinda like oysters

Bugs? I could do a mud bug boil right about now but I would have to go out side my immediate neighborhood

64. brookly red
    64 | March 28, 2013 6:16 pm

brookly red wrote:
    Hmmmm what to eat for dinner…
    SNAILS!
    snails are an appetizer

You were faking being Euro French???

Le Soos LOL

66 | March 28, 2013 6:18 pm

OT LOLage!

I got a comment deleted by mods at ESPN after wondering aloud whether the inordinately high taxes in Boston may have been a factor in Jarome Iginla rejecting Boston and choosing the Penguins!

Touchy, touchy…

67 | March 28, 2013 6:18 pm

brookly red wrote:
    Hmmmm what to eat for dinner…
    SNAILS!
    snails are an appetizer
    You were faking being Euro French???

not really, just living large at the time…went to a nice steakhouse with a group and picked up the tab…everybody went nuts and ordered all sorts of stuff…the bill was enormous…Mr Tough Guy at a few snails…but just the thought made me want to hurl

67. Lily
    68 | March 28, 2013 6:19 pm

@ Lily:

Now that was a ugly link I put up…

69 | March 28, 2013 6:20 pm

heh…pretty good bro

69. Lily
    71 | March 28, 2013 6:20 pm

brookly red wrote:
    Hmmmm what to eat for dinner…
    SNAILS!
    snails are an appetizer
    You were faking being Euro French???

LOL!!!! You were acting like a rich then…. ;)

70. Lily
    72 | March 28, 2013 6:22 pm

@ brookly red:

Yea there is better food than snails. Now if I haven’t eaten in 4 weeks I might consider them…might. ;)

71. brookly red
    73 | March 28, 2013 6:22 pm

OT LOLage!

Touchy, touchy…

now you see the extent to which the left controls the media.

72. Lily
    74 | March 28, 2013 6:23 pm

OT LOLage!
    Touchy, touchy…

Damn heathens then. From what CW says… heathens.

73. brookly red
    75 | March 28, 2013 6:24 pm

heh…pretty good bro

à partir de ce jour, il sera connu sous le nom Soos Le … tous en faveur disent oui

74. Lily
    76 | March 28, 2013 6:25 pm

75. brookly red
    77 | March 28, 2013 6:26 pm

@ brookly red:

I love Ells… you got ells down your way?

78 | March 28, 2013 6:26 pm

@ Lily:

Now that was a ugly link I put up…

My drill seargent used to remind us not to shit in our mess kits. :roll:

79 | March 28, 2013 6:26 pm

@ Lily:

They live close to there, in CT.

Home of the worst drivers and biggest a**holes per capita, bar none IMHO.

Mystic Seaport. The only nice thing I’ve ever known about CT.

80 | March 28, 2013 6:26 pm

@ Lily:
    by my standards back then, I was rich…I made twice as much as my dad for several years, and he owned a decent company selling Honeywell products…I was in my mid twenties, all illegal of course

79. brookly red
    81 | March 28, 2013 6:29 pm

@ brookly red:

Le Soos! Le défenseur intrépide des faibles et des plus démunis! Feirce opposant du FBI! Vive Le Soos!

82 | March 28, 2013 6:29 pm

are you getting sassy?…I know very little Swahili

81. brookly red
    83 | March 28, 2013 6:31 pm

@ Lily:

They live close to there, in CT.

Home of the worst drivers and biggest a**holes per capita, bar none IMHO.

Mystic Seaport. The only nice thing I’ve ever known about CT.

they build nuke boats in CT…

82. Lily
    84 | March 28, 2013 6:31 pm

@ brookly red:

Okay…discent and yes there the rest ???????

83. brookly red
    85 | March 28, 2013 6:32 pm

are you getting sassy?…I know very little Swahili

I said… Le Soos! fearless defender of the weak and underprivileged! Feirce opposer of the Feds! Long live Le Soos!

84. brookly red
    86 | March 28, 2013 6:33 pm

huckfunn wrote:

My drill seargent used to remind us not to shit in our mess kits.

you needed to be reminded?

85. Lily
    87 | March 28, 2013 6:33 pm

are you getting sassy?…I know very little Swahili

I maybe wrong but I think thats French…che’.

86. brookly red
    88 | March 28, 2013 6:35 pm

are you getting sassy?…I know very little Swahili

87. Lily
    89 | March 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Damn was I wrong. :oops:

90 | March 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Yeah, in Groton right?

But can you see that stuff if you’re non-military?

Mystic Seaport was actually pretty interesting, walking through a whaling ship and all.

Definitely worth seeing!

Prepare for a**holes!

91 | March 28, 2013 6:37 pm

@ brookly red:
    ha…I don’t know about that…it’s just my nature to oppose authority..as for defending the weak, I do have the fractures and jail time…sometimes I wonder about my choices

90. brookly red
    92 | March 28, 2013 6:40 pm

Damn was I wrong.

no you were right… here have a cookie http://www.polyvore.com/french_connection_shoes/shop?brand=French+Connection&category_id=41

93 | March 28, 2013 6:42 pm

huckfunn wrote:

My drill seargent used to remind us not to shit in our mess kits.

you needed to be reminded?

He apparently thought so. As one enters boot camp, all directives and all training to the recruits is designed to address the lowest end of the spectrum. There are actually training classes on how to brush your teeth.

92. Lily
    94 | March 28, 2013 6:42 pm

@ heysoos:

I see … my mid-twenties…very conservative and two boys! ;) A good book was good for me and making a music cassette. ;)

95 | March 28, 2013 6:43 pm

Damn was I wrong.

that’s an entire sack of cookies for her

94. brookly red
    96 | March 28, 2013 6:44 pm

huckfunn wrote:

huckfunn wrote:

My drill seargent used to remind us not to shit in our mess kits.

you needed to be reminded?

they did assume you could wipe you own ass?

95. Lily
    97 | March 28, 2013 6:44 pm

@ Bumr50:

CW was right …heathens.

96. brookly red
    98 | March 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Damn was I wrong.

that’s an entire sack of cookies for her

I tend to over tip… it’s a NY thing

97. Lily
    99 | March 28, 2013 6:46 pm

huckfunn wrote:

@ Lily:
    Now that was a ugly link I put up…
    My drill seargent used to remind us not to shit in our mess kits.

Darn it … I did that??? Not eating tonight then. ;)

98. Lily
    100 | March 28, 2013 6:48 pm

@ brookly red:
    I love Ells… you got ells down your way?

Not to my knowledge….I’d say..nope.

101 | March 28, 2013 6:49 pm

Damn was I wrong.
    that’s an entire sack of cookies for her

I tend to over tip… it’s a NY thing

I always over tip…a left over from my previous life…last week, my daughter ordered almost $40 worth of pizza and associated stuff…I gave the delivery kid a $20 tip and he almost fainted…old habits

100. brookly red
    102 | March 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Damn was I wrong.
    that’s an entire sack of cookies for her

I tend to over tip… it’s a NY thing

what goes around comes around… you did well

103 | March 28, 2013 6:51 pm

@ heysoos:

I always overtip, mostly because I used to earn a living waiting tables.

Curiously, I remember being happy to be assigned the smoking section, because smokers tip more than average.

I also smoke.

102. brookly red
    104 | March 28, 2013 6:52 pm

@ brookly red:
    I love Ells… you got ells down your way?

Not to my knowledge….I’d say..nope.

you would like ell, very sweet and tender grills up nice like chicken

103. Lily
    105 | March 28, 2013 6:53 pm

@ brookly red:

Well I thought I was right….and oh the lovely shoes. Thanks!

104. brookly red
    106 | March 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

I always overtip, mostly because I used to earn a living waiting tables.

I waited tables in college, everyone should do it. It is a grounding, centering experience. And they feed you.

105. Lily
    107 | March 28, 2013 6:57 pm

Damn was I wrong.
    that’s an entire sack of cookies for her

You can never have too many shoes. Really. Ask my husband.

108 | March 28, 2013 6:57 pm

one time I was at the Mandalay in Vegas and I’d won so much at the dollar slots it filled four big tubs with tokens…6-8 hundred maybe…I kept paying the girls to carry them around for me, plus a waitress with my drinks…my little entourage wandering to and fro…I’d land somewhere and they’d grab a handful for a tip….30min later repeat the process…they loved me that day

107. Lily
    109 | March 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Damn was I wrong.
    that’s an entire sack of cookies for her
    I tend to over tip… it’s a NY thing

I over tip myself too. I was a waitress in my teens….so I know.

108. Lily
    110 | March 28, 2013 7:02 pm

@ heysoos:
    I always overtip, mostly because I used to earn a living waiting tables.
    I also smoke.

Darn it you are teasing me…I can’t smoke anymore. Oh well! I still over tip! ;)

109. brookly red
    111 | March 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Damn was I wrong.
    that’s an entire sack of cookies for her

You can never have too many shoes. Really. Ask my husband.

I used to work with a Korean girl who also worked in her parents shoe store on the weekends… she got a bit drunk at a company party once and I will always remember her rant. “they buy shoes… every week they come back, same girls every week, they buy shoes… 2,3,4 pairs… do they eat shoes!”

112 | March 28, 2013 7:04 pm

@ brookly red:
    in the north, yes, probably

111. Lily
    113 | March 28, 2013 7:04 pm

@ brookly red:
    I love Ells… you got ells down your way?
    Not to my knowledge….I’d say..nope.
    you would like ell, very sweet and tender grills up nice like chicken

I’d eat ell before snails. I don’t eat bugs…not even crawfish.

114 | March 28, 2013 7:05 pm

I’ll have the Reebok, with a side of pumps please

113. Lily
    115 | March 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Bumr50 wrote:
    I always overtip, mostly because I used to earn a living waiting tables.

It is rather a good job to be honest.

116 | March 28, 2013 7:07 pm

@ brookly red:
    I love Ells… you got ells down your way?
    Not to my knowledge….I’d say..nope.
    you would like ell, very sweet and tender grills up nice like chicken
    I’d eat ell before snails. I don’t eat bugs…not even crawfish.

I’ll eat crawfish all day, suck out their guts and all…that seems normal to me as opposed to eating a snail

115. brookly red
    117 | March 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Lily wrote:

I’d eat ell before snails. I don’t eat bugs…not even crawfish.

ell sushi (it’s cooked) is real chick food, ask around I am not lying girls go gaga over ell.

116. yenta-fada
    118 | March 28, 2013 7:09 pm

OUI!

117. brookly red
    119 | March 28, 2013 7:11 pm

Bumr50 wrote:
    I always overtip, mostly because I used to earn a living waiting tables.

It is rather a good job to be honest.

it was a great job before credit cards… I would work 3 nights a week make about 900… my rent was 225. I lived better in college than I do now.

118. brookly red
    120 | March 28, 2013 7:12 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

OUI!

A partir de ce jour, il sera connu sous le nom Le Soos

119. yenta-fada
    121 | March 28, 2013 7:13 pm

Funny. Government Cheese based on the Peoples Cube.

120. yenta-fada
    122 | March 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Could get ugly. :-)

121. brookly red
    123 | March 28, 2013 7:16 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Could get ugly.

no look up thread he is quite pleased

122. Lily
    124 | March 28, 2013 7:17 pm

Damn was I wrong.
    that’s an entire sack of cookies for her
    You can never have too many shoes. Really. Ask my husband.

Oh no ….that’s not me…although I love shoes…I buy 3 pair and it’s several months and buy some more….I collect them so to speak. So some of my shoes are in excellent shape but have been worn maybe 3 times….my husband has a problem with that. CLEAN OUT YOUR SHOES! He’s right…I hate to admit it…he’s right. Make some more room to get some more shoes though!

123. yenta-fada
    125 | March 28, 2013 7:21 pm

yenta-fada wrote:
    Could get ugly.
    no look up thread he is quite pleased

A cross between the Tasmanian Devil and Yosemite Sam is what I’m thinking.

124. Lily
    126 | March 28, 2013 7:21 pm

I’ll have the Reebok, with a side of pumps please

Go for the wedge heels….awfully sexy! ;)

125. Lily
    127 | March 28, 2013 7:23 pm

@ brookly red:
    I love Ells… you got ells down your way?
    Not to my knowledge….I’d say..nope.
    you would like ell, very sweet and tender grills up nice like chicken
    I’d eat ell before snails. I don’t eat bugs…not even crawfish.

I’ll eat a crawfish before a snail…just the tails though.

126. yenta-fada
    128 | March 28, 2013 7:23 pm

Bumr50 wrote:
    I always overtip, mostly because I used to earn a living waiting tables.
    It is rather a good job to be honest.

Sigh. Prices went up and wages didn’t. Unless you were in the Financial Sector bringing in the sheep or in the dot coms.

127. Lily
    129 | March 28, 2013 7:24 pm

Lily wrote:
    I’d eat ell before snails. I don’t eat bugs…not even crawfish.

Really? Shrimp, crab I’ll go gaga for. ;)

128. yenta-fada
    130 | March 28, 2013 7:24 pm

I’ll have the Reebok, with a side of pumps please
    Go for the wedge heels….awfully sexy!

I go for jewelry. Thumpa, thumpa.

129. Lily
    131 | March 28, 2013 7:25 pm

Bumr50 wrote:
    I always overtip, mostly because I used to earn a living waiting tables.
    It is rather a good job to be honest.

Yep you can make some good money back in the day…and I loved it.

130. brookly red
    132 | March 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Lily wrote:
    I’d eat ell before snails. I don’t eat bugs…not even crawfish.

Really? Shrimp, crab I’ll go gaga for.

seriously if you have a chance to eat ell sushi do it… I have never met a female who did not love it.

131. yenta-fada
    133 | March 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Robert Redford’s new film is an homage to Bill Ayers. Not kidding.

132. Lily
    134 | March 28, 2013 7:29 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

I’ll have the Reebok, with a side of pumps please
    Go for the wedge heels….awfully sexy!
    I go for jewelry. Thumpa, thumpa.

Well that too….if you are going to do something do it in style. If you get arrested…there is no reason you can’t do it in style. ;)

133. yenta-fada
    135 | March 28, 2013 7:30 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Five Feet of Fury reviewed the Redford film:

“Over twenty years after Running on Empty came out and more than ten years after Bill Ayers told The New York Times (in its 9/11/01 morning edition, no less) that he regretted not setting more bombs, Robert Redford’s next movie sees him playing “a fugitive Weather Underground radical who has been in hiding for 30 years.”

I suppose it makes for a nice change from Weather Underground radicals who teach at major universities and hang out with the president.

No doubt when the film, called The Company You Keep, tanks at the box office, Redford will issue a condescending statement bemoaning the ignorance of America’s moviegoing public. Thank God he doesn’t have to rely on us plebes, though. The 2012 Sundance Festival has just wrapped up, but it doesn’t take a weatherman to know which movie will top next year’s roster.”

134. Lily
    136 | March 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Lily wrote:
    I’d eat ell before snails. I don’t eat bugs…not even crawfish.
    Really? Shrimp, crab I’ll go gaga for.

I’ll keep that in mind! Once I get well….. ;)

135. Lily
    137 | March 28, 2013 7:31 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Robert Redford’s new film is an homage to Bill Ayers. Not kidding.

A criminal? Some people are just nutz.

136. yenta-fada
    138 | March 28, 2013 7:32 pm

yenta-fada wrote:
    I’ll have the Reebok, with a side of pumps please
    Go for the wedge heels….awfully sexy!
    I go for jewelry. Thumpa, thumpa.

I have no plan to be arrested.

137. Lily
    139 | March 28, 2013 7:33 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Oh it will tank for sure.

138. brookly red
    140 | March 28, 2013 7:33 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Robert Redford’s new film is an homage to Bill Ayers. Not kidding.

who?

139. yenta-fada
    141 | March 28, 2013 7:33 pm

yenta-fada wrote:
    Robert Redford’s new film is an homage to Bill Ayers. Not kidding.
    A criminal? Some people are just nutz.

I still think Breitbart was offed. No evidence, of course, but I question the timing.
    I think he was too fearless.

142 | March 28, 2013 7:34 pm

@ Lily:

Shrimp and corn chowder. Nice and peppery.

Yum.

141. Lily
    143 | March 28, 2013 7:35 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

yenta-fada wrote:
    I’ll have the Reebok, with a side of pumps please
    Go for the wedge heels….awfully sexy!
    I go for jewelry. Thumpa, thumpa.
    I have no plan to be arrested.

Just kidding there. Just an expression is all….and neither do I. ;)

142. Lily
    144 | March 28, 2013 7:36 pm

@ Lily:
    Shrimp and corn chowder. Nice and peppery.
    Yum.

Shrimp are divine! And crab too!

143. yenta-fada
    145 | March 28, 2013 7:36 pm

yenta-fada wrote:
    Robert Redford’s new film is an homage to Bill Ayers. Not kidding.
    who?

Bill Ayers was absolutely pivotal in the rise of Obama. You should read about his book “Prairie Fire”. He was guilty of murder as a member of the Weather Underground, but his daddy had big bucks. Straight up commie. Also said to have done the actual writing for “Dreams of my Father”, but couldn’t take credit.

144. Lily
    146 | March 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Okay my head aches terribly ….everyone have a good evening! :)
    Enjoyed the conversation!

145. yenta-fada
    147 | March 28, 2013 7:38 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    Oh it will tank for sure.

You know, it just could tank. Maybe people are tired of being fed this bullsh!t. They know they are struggling. Approval rates of govt get lower all the time.

146. yenta-fada
    148 | March 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Lily wrote:

Okay my head aches terribly ….everyone have a good evening!
    Enjoyed the conversation!

Feel better, sweetie. Dinner gong here.

147. yenta-fada
    149 | March 28, 2013 7:39 pm

@ Lily:
    Shrimp and corn chowder. Nice and peppery.
    Yum.

hmmmm. yum.

148. brookly red
    150 | March 28, 2013 7:40 pm

@ Lily:
    Shrimp and corn chowder. Nice and peppery.
    Yum.

Shrimp are divine! And crab too!

scallops!

151 | March 28, 2013 8:02 pm

@ Lily:
    Shrimp and corn chowder. Nice and peppery.
    Yum.
    Shrimp are divine! And crab too!

scallops!

oh yeah…I buy the biggest I can find then bbq them…some mighty fine eatin

152 | March 28, 2013 8:22 pm

@ heysoos:

I watched a program on harvesting scallops.

That’s some labor-intensive work.

151. 153 | March 28, 2013 8:33 pm

New Thread

152. 154 | March 28, 2013 8:52 pm

brookly red wrote:
    Hmmmm what to eat for dinner…
    SNAILS!
    snails are an appetizer
    You were faking being Euro French???

I ate a few snails at a restaurant once. No big deal. Didn’t have much flavor, but didn’t taste bad either.

I’ll eat almost any food except the obvious stuff. No brain/spinal cord because of prion diseases. No blood. No monkey/ape meat. No cats, dogs, other pets. No roadkill. No halal, if I can manage to avoid it.