First time visitor? Learn more.

Jimmy McMillan “Rent Is Too Damn High” Anthem

by Rodan ( 53 Comments › )
Filed under Humor, Music, Open thread at April 26th, 2013 - 6:29 pm

Jimmy McMillian the rent is too damn high guy returns. He came out with a song about the rent being too high.

Too Funny.

Tags: ,

Comments

Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

Play nice!

53 Responses to “Jimmy McMillan “Rent Is Too Damn High” Anthem”
( jump to bottom )

  1. heysoos
    1 | April 26, 2013 6:59 pm

    I traveled a lot, so have my kids when they were young…like me they grew up with the idea that success and mobility are joined…if you don’t like Toledo, pack up, take your career and head for Austin…works every time if you plan ahead…my advice to any young person is the same for years…allied health, start out with a two year RN cert….being trapped is not in my playbook


  2. 2 | April 26, 2013 7:06 pm

    @ heysoos:

    Good advice.


  3. heysoos
    3 | April 26, 2013 7:15 pm

    OTOH, there is really something special about cops and firefighters in the east, NYC, Philly, even Chicago…my dad was a cop, both my grandfathers were cops, O’Malleys have been fire fighters in NYC for 120 years (or whatever)…a very cool ethnic and cultural tradition…some folks are compelled to do what they do regardless of costs and my hat is tipped to them


  4. brookly red
    4 | April 26, 2013 7:48 pm

    Rent is too high cause the sekrit taxes… seriously. Why is it that every year rent goes up? The property depreciates like any thing else, the plumbing is a year older, the wiring is a year older, the windows are a year older why does the rent go up when it should go down?

    Yup, property taxes… the gubermit raises the taxes and the landlords raise the rents. Phucing guberment.


  5. Speranza
    5 | April 26, 2013 7:57 pm

    A couple of weeks ago I ran into him (Jimmy McMillan) in the East Village and gave him a thumbs up! He is so recognizable.


  6. heysoos
    6 | April 26, 2013 7:57 pm

    @ brookly red:
    look what happened with Girl Scout Cookies!
    an outrage!


  7. Speranza
    7 | April 26, 2013 7:57 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    …if you don’t like Toledo, pack up, take your career and head for Austin

    Austin? Too liberal. Head to Dallas/Ft. Worth.


  8. 8 | April 26, 2013 7:57 pm

    @ Speranza:

    He’s a character.


  9. Speranza
    9 | April 26, 2013 7:59 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    @ Speranza:
    He’s a character.

    He sure is. Recall that I excitedly called you afterwards.


  10. heysoos
    10 | April 26, 2013 8:03 pm

    Gimme Shelter
    Playing For Change
    go ahead


  11. brookly red
    11 | April 26, 2013 8:11 pm

    Speranza wrote:

    A couple of weeks ago I ran into him (Jimmy McMillan) in the East Village and gave him a thumbs up! He is so recognizable.

    I plan on voting for him, seriously.


  12. Speranza
    12 | April 26, 2013 8:16 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    Speranza wrote:
    A couple of weeks ago I ran into him (Jimmy McMillan) in the East Village and gave him a thumbs up! He is so recognizable.

    I plan on voting for him, seriously.

    Over Christine Quinn -- hell yes!


  13. brookly red
    13 | April 26, 2013 8:19 pm

    Speranza wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    Speranza wrote:
    A couple of weeks ago I ran into him (Jimmy McMillan) in the East Village and gave him a thumbs up! He is so recognizable.

    I plan on voting for him, seriously.

    Over Christine Quinn — hell yes!

    he is the new Putny Swope :)


  14. brookly red
    14 | April 26, 2013 8:21 pm

    Speranza wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    Speranza wrote:
    A couple of weeks ago I ran into him (Jimmy McMillan) in the East Village and gave him a thumbs up! He is so recognizable.

    I plan on voting for him, seriously.

    Over Christine Quinn — hell yes!

    But yes seriously, taxes are too damn high get’s my vote so rent is too damn high will also.


  15. heysoos
    15 | April 26, 2013 8:22 pm

    @ brookly red:
    why not vote for someone significant, like…Rocky the Squirrel?


  16. 16 | April 26, 2013 8:23 pm

    @ Speranza:

    People should vote for him.


  17. heysoos
    17 | April 26, 2013 8:24 pm

    @ brookly red:
    you’re just at the wrong end of the current


  18. brookly red
    18 | April 26, 2013 8:25 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    @ brookly red:
    why not vote for someone significant, like…Rocky the Squirrel?

    because I live in NYC and high rent is actually an issue?


  19. heysoos
    19 | April 26, 2013 8:27 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    @ Speranza:
    People should vote for him.

    people were so insulted with Nixon, they voted for Pat Paulson in 68


  20. heysoos
    20 | April 26, 2013 8:28 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    heysoos wrote:
    @ brookly red:
    why not vote for someone significant, like…Rocky the Squirrel?

    because I live in NYC and high rent is actually an issue?

    move to Wyoming…problem solved


  21. brookly red
    21 | April 26, 2013 8:29 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    @ brookly red:
    you’re just at the wrong end of the current

    hey your local politics are your and mine are mine, don’t you have some prairie dogs to herd or something?


  22. heysoos
    22 | April 26, 2013 8:32 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    heysoos wrote:
    @ brookly red:
    you’re just at the wrong end of the current

    hey your local politics are your and mine are mine, don’t you have some prairie dogs to herd or something?

    we use robots, developed at Sandia Labs


  23. brookly red
    23 | April 26, 2013 8:36 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    @ Speranza:

    People should vote for him.

    seriously, in NYC millions of working people are oppressed by a handful of elites, kinda like pre-revolutionary Paris. With all due respect to my fellow posters you don’t have to horde ammo, when the shit goes down it will be in Times Square not Four Corners.


  24. brookly red
    24 | April 26, 2013 8:38 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    heysoos wrote:
    @ brookly red:
    you’re just at the wrong end of the current

    hey your local politics are your and mine are mine, don’t you have some prairie dogs to herd or something?

    we use robots, developed at Sandia Labs

    ahhh so that’s why you are a man of leisure :) technology is wonderful thing.


  25. heysoos
    25 | April 26, 2013 8:39 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    heysoos wrote:
    brookly red wrote:
    heysoos wrote:
    @ brookly red:
    you’re just at the wrong end of the current
    hey your local politics are your and mine are mine, don’t you have some prairie dogs to herd or something?
    we use robots, developed at Sandia Labs

    ahhh so that’s why you are a man of leisure technology is wonderful thing.

    New Mexicans are sneaky…you should appreciate that


  26. brookly red
    26 | April 26, 2013 8:44 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    heysoos wrote:
    brookly red wrote:
    heysoos wrote:
    @ brookly red:
    you’re just at the wrong end of the current
    hey your local politics are your and mine are mine, don’t you have some prairie dogs to herd or something?
    we use robots, developed at Sandia Labs

    ahhh so that’s why you are a man of leisure technology is wonderful thing.

    New Mexicans are sneaky…you should appreciate that

    oh I do…
    I pad locked the beer cooler ;)


  27. 27 | April 26, 2013 8:47 pm

    @ brookly red:

    It will blow one day.


  28. heysoos
    28 | April 26, 2013 8:48 pm

    @ brookly red:
    old English proverb…
    trust a Jamaican for 20 years, tomorrow they steal you blind


  29. lobo91
    29 | April 26, 2013 8:51 pm

    @ brookly red:

    With all due respect to my fellow posters you don’t have to horde ammo, when the shit goes down it will be in Times Square not Four Corners.

    We need that ammo to make sure that it stays in Times Square…


  30. lobo91
    30 | April 26, 2013 8:56 pm

    I think Raton may be the most boring place in America.

    I’d have to drive back to Colorado to get to a WalMart, even.


  31. brookly red
    31 | April 26, 2013 8:56 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    @ brookly red:

    It will blow one day.

    yes not quite yet… and NJ is on board too. My real estate lady associate wanted my help marketing a 1BR w/office in Jersey City for 340k with a 240 monthly maintenance fee. Sounds about right, no?

    The taxes are TWENTY-THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS per year… for what? to be 2 blocks from the PATH? 4 blocks it drops to about 6K…. yeah it will blow.


  32. heysoos
    32 | April 26, 2013 8:57 pm

    @ lobo91:
    find a saloon…Raton is okay after a couple of drinks


  33. lobo91
    33 | April 26, 2013 9:00 pm

    @ brookly red:

    Guess what I pay in property taxes a year?

    My house is a 3 bedroom/2 bath, around 1800 square feet.


  34. brookly red
    34 | April 26, 2013 9:00 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ brookly red:

    With all due respect to my fellow posters you don’t have to horde ammo, when the shit goes down it will be in Times Square not Four Corners.

    We need that ammo to make sure that it stays in Times Square…

    fool. when we rise up you it will be doing exactly what you wanted us to do but you will be too scared to accept it.


  35. brookly red
    35 | April 26, 2013 9:02 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ brookly red:

    Guess what I pay in property taxes a year?

    My house is a 3 bedroom/2 bath, around 1800 square feet.

    CO? if you even have property tax probably less than I pay for a gym locker.


  36. heysoos
    36 | April 26, 2013 9:03 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    lobo91 wrote:
    @ brookly red:
    Guess what I pay in property taxes a year?
    My house is a 3 bedroom/2 bath, around 1800 square feet.

    CO? if you even have property tax probably less than I pay for a gym locker.

    so…why do you do it?


  37. brookly red
    37 | April 26, 2013 9:03 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    @ lobo91:
    find a saloon…Raton is okay after a couple of drinks

    where the hell is Raton? even Google can’t find it?


  38. heysoos
    38 | April 26, 2013 9:04 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    heysoos wrote:
    @ lobo91:
    find a saloon…Raton is okay after a couple of drinks

    where the hell is Raton? even Google can’t find it?

    poor boy…ever been to Wyoming?


  39. lobo91
    39 | April 26, 2013 9:05 pm

    @ brookly red:

    Of course we have property taxes.

    I paid $815 last year.


  40. lobo91
    40 | April 26, 2013 9:06 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    heysoos wrote:
    @ lobo91:
    find a saloon…Raton is okay after a couple of drinks
    where the hell is Raton? even Google can’t find it?

    It’s the first town after you cross from CO into NM on I-25.


  41. brookly red
    41 | April 26, 2013 9:10 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ brookly red:

    Of course we have property taxes.

    I paid $815 last year.

    I rent… I paid nothing. But I see your point. My sister owns a few buildings in Denver but it’s apples and oranges. I would care to discuss further… gimmie a few minutes to walk to the store I am low on beer.


  42. heysoos
    42 | April 26, 2013 9:11 pm

    @ lobo91:
    a pass to Brookly has to do with the subway


  43. brookly red
    43 | April 26, 2013 9:11 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    brookly red wrote:

    lobo91 wrote:
    @ brookly red:
    Guess what I pay in property taxes a year?
    My house is a 3 bedroom/2 bath, around 1800 square feet.

    CO? if you even have property tax probably less than I pay for a gym locker.

    so…why do you do it?

    same reason your landlord does :)


  44. lobo91
    44 | April 26, 2013 9:13 pm

    @ brookly red:

    I rent… I paid nothing.

    Sure you did.

    You just didn’t get the tax deduction for it. Your landlord did.


  45. heysoos
    45 | April 26, 2013 9:14 pm

    @ brookly red:
    I’m way too smart to have a landlord…I live rent and utility free…you should really visit the west, places like Raton…I concede the Chinese take out is questionable up there


  46. lobo91
    46 | April 26, 2013 9:17 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    @ brookly red:
    I’m way too smart to have a landlord…I live rent and utility free…you should really visit the west, places like Raton…I concede the Chinese take out is questionable up there

    The only Chinese restaurant I saw was boarded up with a for sale sign on it.

    I ate at Denny’s.


  47. heysoos
    47 | April 26, 2013 9:18 pm

    @ lobo91:
    Denny Sans!


  48. brookly red
    48 | April 26, 2013 9:55 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    @ brookly red:

    I rent… I paid nothing.

    Sure you did.

    You just didn’t get the tax deduction for it. Your landlord did.

    exactly my first post… it’s the taxes. rent increases are hidden taxes


  49. brookly red
    49 | April 26, 2013 9:58 pm

    heysoos wrote:

    @ brookly red:
    I’m way too smart to have a landlord…I live rent and utility free…you should really visit the west, places like Raton…I concede the Chinese take out is questionable up there

    well to be fair you have discussed your situation here before and it is what it is we don’t have to be judgmental it’s a good deal for you and that’s what matters… I have my good deal too.


  50. coldwarrior
    50 | April 26, 2013 10:12 pm

    the oot is up…

    new thread


  51. eaglesoars
    51 | April 26, 2013 10:15 pm

    brookly red wrote:

    My real estate lady associate wanted my help marketing a 1BR w/office in Jersey City for 340k with a 240 monthly maintenance fee. Sounds about right, no?

    The taxes are TWENTY-THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS per year… for what? to be 2 blocks from the PATH? 4 blocks it drops to about 6K…. yeah it will blow.

    holy crap! The base rate here in Fairfax Co -- oneof the wealthiest counties in the country is something like $1.85/$100 assesed value


  52. 52 | April 27, 2013 12:02 am

    He’d be a big improvement over ‘Nanny’ Bloomberg.


  53. The Osprey
    53 | April 27, 2013 2:07 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    The only Chinese restaurant I saw was boarded up with a for sale sign on it.

    I ate at Denny’s.

    When I was at the Whittington Center a few years ago for FAL-Fest a bunch of us went into town and ate at some local BBQ/Burger joint that was really good…unfortunately I can’t remember the name of it. Had sort of a wood cabin look to it. It was right off the 25 IIRC.


Back to the Top

The Blogmocracy

website design was Built By David