Jimmy McMillan “Rent Is Too Damn High” Anthem

by Rodan ( 53 Comments › )
Filed under Humor, Music, Open thread at April 26th, 2013 - 6:29 pm

Jimmy McMillian the rent is too damn high guy returns. He came out with a song about the rent being too high.

Too Funny.

Tags: ,

Comments

53 Responses to “Jimmy McMillan “Rent Is Too Damn High” Anthem”

1 | April 26, 2013 6:59 pm

I traveled a lot, so have my kids when they were young…like me they grew up with the idea that success and mobility are joined…if you don’t like Toledo, pack up, take your career and head for Austin…works every time if you plan ahead…my advice to any young person is the same for years…allied health, start out with a two year RN cert….being trapped is not in my playbook

2. 2 | April 26, 2013 7:06 pm

@ heysoos:

Good advice.

3 | April 26, 2013 7:15 pm

OTOH, there is really something special about cops and firefighters in the east, NYC, Philly, even Chicago…my dad was a cop, both my grandfathers were cops, O’Malleys have been fire fighters in NYC for 120 years (or whatever)…a very cool ethnic and cultural tradition…some folks are compelled to do what they do regardless of costs and my hat is tipped to them

4. brookly red
    4 | April 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Rent is too high cause the sekrit taxes… seriously. Why is it that every year rent goes up? The property depreciates like any thing else, the plumbing is a year older, the wiring is a year older, the windows are a year older why does the rent go up when it should go down?

Yup, property taxes… the gubermit raises the taxes and the landlords raise the rents. Phucing guberment.

5 | April 26, 2013 7:57 pm

A couple of weeks ago I ran into him (Jimmy McMillan) in the East Village and gave him a thumbs up! He is so recognizable.

6 | April 26, 2013 7:57 pm

@ brookly red:
    look what happened with Girl Scout Cookies!
    an outrage!

7 | April 26, 2013 7:57 pm

heysoos wrote:

…if you don’t like Toledo, pack up, take your career and head for Austin

Austin? Too liberal. Head to Dallas/Ft. Worth.

8. 8 | April 26, 2013 7:57 pm

@ Speranza:

He’s a character.

9 | April 26, 2013 7:59 pm

@ Speranza:
    He’s a character.

He sure is. Recall that I excitedly called you afterwards.

10 | April 26, 2013 8:03 pm

Gimme Shelter
    Playing For Change
    go ahead

11. brookly red
    11 | April 26, 2013 8:11 pm

Speranza wrote:

I plan on voting for him, seriously.

12 | April 26, 2013 8:16 pm

Speranza wrote:

I plan on voting for him, seriously.

Over Christine Quinn -- hell yes!

13. brookly red
    13 | April 26, 2013 8:19 pm

Speranza wrote:

Speranza wrote:

I plan on voting for him, seriously.

Over Christine Quinn — hell yes!

he is the new Putny Swope :)

14. brookly red
    14 | April 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Speranza wrote:

Speranza wrote:

I plan on voting for him, seriously.

Over Christine Quinn — hell yes!

But yes seriously, taxes are too damn high get’s my vote so rent is too damn high will also.

15 | April 26, 2013 8:22 pm

@ brookly red:
    why not vote for someone significant, like…Rocky the Squirrel?

16. 16 | April 26, 2013 8:23 pm

@ Speranza:

People should vote for him.

17 | April 26, 2013 8:24 pm

you’re just at the wrong end of the current

18. brookly red
    18 | April 26, 2013 8:25 pm

@ brookly red:
    why not vote for someone significant, like…Rocky the Squirrel?

because I live in NYC and high rent is actually an issue?

19 | April 26, 2013 8:27 pm

@ Speranza:
    People should vote for him.

people were so insulted with Nixon, they voted for Pat Paulson in 68

20 | April 26, 2013 8:28 pm

@ brookly red:
    why not vote for someone significant, like…Rocky the Squirrel?

because I live in NYC and high rent is actually an issue?

move to Wyoming…problem solved

21. brookly red
    21 | April 26, 2013 8:29 pm

you’re just at the wrong end of the current

hey your local politics are your and mine are mine, don’t you have some prairie dogs to herd or something?

22 | April 26, 2013 8:32 pm

you’re just at the wrong end of the current

we use robots, developed at Sandia Labs

23. brookly red
    23 | April 26, 2013 8:36 pm

@ Speranza:

People should vote for him.

seriously, in NYC millions of working people are oppressed by a handful of elites, kinda like pre-revolutionary Paris. With all due respect to my fellow posters you don’t have to horde ammo, when the shit goes down it will be in Times Square not Four Corners.

24. brookly red
    24 | April 26, 2013 8:38 pm

you’re just at the wrong end of the current

we use robots, developed at Sandia Labs

ahhh so that’s why you are a man of leisure :) technology is wonderful thing.

25 | April 26, 2013 8:39 pm

you’re just at the wrong end of the current
    we use robots, developed at Sandia Labs

ahhh so that’s why you are a man of leisure technology is wonderful thing.

New Mexicans are sneaky…you should appreciate that

26. brookly red
    26 | April 26, 2013 8:44 pm

you’re just at the wrong end of the current
    we use robots, developed at Sandia Labs

ahhh so that’s why you are a man of leisure technology is wonderful thing.

New Mexicans are sneaky…you should appreciate that

oh I do…
    I pad locked the beer cooler ;)

27. 27 | April 26, 2013 8:47 pm

It will blow one day.

28 | April 26, 2013 8:48 pm

old English proverb…
    trust a Jamaican for 20 years, tomorrow they steal you blind

29 | April 26, 2013 8:51 pm

@ brookly red:

We need that ammo to make sure that it stays in Times Square…

30 | April 26, 2013 8:56 pm

I think Raton may be the most boring place in America.

I’d have to drive back to Colorado to get to a WalMart, even.

31. brookly red
    31 | April 26, 2013 8:56 pm

It will blow one day.

yes not quite yet… and NJ is on board too. My real estate lady associate wanted my help marketing a 1BR w/office in Jersey City for 340k with a 240 monthly maintenance fee. Sounds about right, no?

The taxes are TWENTY-THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS per year… for what? to be 2 blocks from the PATH? 4 blocks it drops to about 6K…. yeah it will blow.

32 | April 26, 2013 8:57 pm

find a saloon…Raton is okay after a couple of drinks

33 | April 26, 2013 9:00 pm

@ brookly red:

Guess what I pay in property taxes a year?

My house is a 3 bedroom/2 bath, around 1800 square feet.

34. brookly red
    34 | April 26, 2013 9:00 pm

@ brookly red:

We need that ammo to make sure that it stays in Times Square…

fool. when we rise up you it will be doing exactly what you wanted us to do but you will be too scared to accept it.

35. brookly red
    35 | April 26, 2013 9:02 pm

@ brookly red:

Guess what I pay in property taxes a year?

My house is a 3 bedroom/2 bath, around 1800 square feet.

CO? if you even have property tax probably less than I pay for a gym locker.

36 | April 26, 2013 9:03 pm

@ brookly red:
    Guess what I pay in property taxes a year?
    My house is a 3 bedroom/2 bath, around 1800 square feet.

CO? if you even have property tax probably less than I pay for a gym locker.

so…why do you do it?

37. brookly red
    37 | April 26, 2013 9:03 pm

find a saloon…Raton is okay after a couple of drinks

where the hell is Raton? even Google can’t find it?

38 | April 26, 2013 9:04 pm

find a saloon…Raton is okay after a couple of drinks

where the hell is Raton? even Google can’t find it?

poor boy…ever been to Wyoming?

39 | April 26, 2013 9:05 pm

@ brookly red:

Of course we have property taxes.

I paid $815 last year.

40 | April 26, 2013 9:06 pm

find a saloon…Raton is okay after a couple of drinks
    where the hell is Raton? even Google can’t find it?

It’s the first town after you cross from CO into NM on I-25.

41. brookly red
    41 | April 26, 2013 9:10 pm

@ brookly red:

Of course we have property taxes.

I paid $815 last year.

I rent… I paid nothing. But I see your point. My sister owns a few buildings in Denver but it’s apples and oranges. I would care to discuss further… gimmie a few minutes to walk to the store I am low on beer.

42 | April 26, 2013 9:11 pm

a pass to Brookly has to do with the subway

43. brookly red
    43 | April 26, 2013 9:11 pm

@ brookly red:
    Guess what I pay in property taxes a year?
    My house is a 3 bedroom/2 bath, around 1800 square feet.

CO? if you even have property tax probably less than I pay for a gym locker.

so…why do you do it?

same reason your landlord does :)

44 | April 26, 2013 9:13 pm

I rent… I paid nothing.

Sure you did.

You just didn’t get the tax deduction for it. Your landlord did.

45 | April 26, 2013 9:14 pm

@ brookly red:
    I’m way too smart to have a landlord…I live rent and utility free…you should really visit the west, places like Raton…I concede the Chinese take out is questionable up there

46 | April 26, 2013 9:17 pm

@ brookly red:

The only Chinese restaurant I saw was boarded up with a for sale sign on it.

I ate at Denny’s.

47 | April 26, 2013 9:18 pm

Denny Sans!

48. brookly red
    48 | April 26, 2013 9:55 pm

I rent… I paid nothing.

Sure you did.

You just didn’t get the tax deduction for it. Your landlord did.

exactly my first post… it’s the taxes. rent increases are hidden taxes

49. brookly red
    49 | April 26, 2013 9:58 pm

@ brookly red:

well to be fair you have discussed your situation here before and it is what it is we don’t have to be judgmental it’s a good deal for you and that’s what matters… I have my good deal too.

50 | April 26, 2013 10:12 pm

the oot is up…

new thread

51. eaglesoars
    51 | April 26, 2013 10:15 pm

brookly red wrote:

holy crap! The base rate here in Fairfax Co -- oneof the wealthiest counties in the country is something like $1.85/$100 assesed value

52. 52 | April 27, 2013 12:02 am

He’d be a big improvement over ‘Nanny’ Bloomberg.

53 | April 27, 2013 2:07 pm

The only Chinese restaurant I saw was boarded up with a for sale sign on it.

I ate at Denny’s.

When I was at the Whittington Center a few years ago for FAL-Fest a bunch of us went into town and ate at some local BBQ/Burger joint that was really good…unfortunately I can’t remember the name of it. Had sort of a wood cabin look to it. It was right off the 25 IIRC.