Dzhokhar (Jahar)’s nurses admit they feel sorry for him

by Rodan ( 137 Comments › )
Filed under Al Qaeda, Chechnya, Islamists, Leftist-Islamic Alliance, Progressives at May 20th, 2013 - 11:30 am

Dzhokhar (Jahar) Tsarnaev has become an icon to the Hipster set. The Free Jahar movement continues to grow like a cancerous tumor in the popular culture. Young women are expressing their desires to bear his kid. He has become the Che of a new generation and a cause celeb. This infatuation with Jahar has even reached his nurses. Some of them admit feeling sorry for him and have a hard time not calling him “hon.”

Nurses treating Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev say their natural inclination toward compassion makes it difficult to see the 19-year-old as a possible terrorist. And they have to make concerted effort — and buddy-system pacts — to keep from referring to him with terms of endearment such as “hon.”

One 29-year-old nurse said on Gawker: “When you’re in the room, it’s just a patient. You’re here to … make sure they’re feeling better. When you step away, you take it in. I am compassionate, that’s what we do. But should I be? The rest of the world hates him right now.”

[....]

“You see a hurt 19-year-old and you can’t help but feel sorry for him,” the nurse said, as Gawker reported.

I really wish more was done to confront this Free Jahar movement. People need to show the picture of the 8 year old kid murdered by this Islamic coward. It should be socially unacceptable for anyone to sympathize with this demonic Chechen scumbag. Instead the Free Jahar movement is treated with kids gloves and not many are calling out these people for what they are. The Free Jahar movement are traitors to America and terror enablers. It is time to confront and destroy this evil vile movement on.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

137 Responses to “Dzhokhar (Jahar)’s nurses admit they feel sorry for him”

1. 1 | May 20, 2013 11:40 am

This is just sick.

2 | May 20, 2013 11:43 am

Nurses do have a compassionate nature.
    I don’t think that Johar will find a jury like
    that.

3. 3 | May 20, 2013 11:44 am

Good gawd, people have become so shallow you could walk in them with flip flops and not get your feet wet.

4 | May 20, 2013 11:46 am

In fairness, the nurses admit that they are conflicted.

In their profession, I tend to see that as an admirable trait and NOT part of the disgusting “‘Free Jahar’ movement.”

Apples and oranges, IMHO.

What if you wake up in the hospital one day and all of your nurses are wearing animal hats?

;-)

5. 5 | May 20, 2013 11:48 am

Of course they do -- so young, with that cut little mop of curly hair.
    Perhaps those effing nurses would like the see a photo of the 8-year-old boy Mr. Adorable blew up.

6 | May 20, 2013 11:49 am

he blew up a little kid…I’d kill him myself if I could…his life is now forfeit

7 | May 20, 2013 11:51 am

“First, do no harm…”

Hippocrates n’at.

8. 8 | May 20, 2013 11:51 am

@ heysoos:

Exactly. It’s the “feel sorry” part that gets my blood boiling!

9 | May 20, 2013 11:52 am

@ Bumr50:

Seriously, from the piece they seem more “conflicted” than anything.

For those who take their oaths seriously, this probably isn’t an easy situation.

I don’t know. I’ve never been in their shoes.

10. Buffalobob
    10 | May 20, 2013 11:54 am

Where is nurse Cratchit when you need her?

11 | May 20, 2013 11:55 am

Bumr50 wrote:

@ Bumr50:
    Seriously, from the piece they seem more “conflicted” than anything.
    I don’t know. I’ve never been in their shoes.

It certainly seems better than so-called medical professionals talking about turning unborn children into “meat” in a “crock pot,” anyway.

12. 12 | May 20, 2013 12:02 pm

Nurses do have a compassionate nature.
    I don’t think that Johar will find a jury like
    that.

Perhaps, but I wouldn’t put money on it. The more polls and studies I see, the less faith I have in successive generations. The other day, the CDC said that 20% of children in this country have some sort of mental illness- in truth, I think they’re over-diagnosed, over-medicated (not to mention under-educated), and they’re being raised by the very generation that is probably represented by these nurses.

I think we’re just now beginning to see feel the brunt of what we’ve been doing to children for some time now.

13. 13 | May 20, 2013 12:13 pm

@ MacDuff:
    I think you are right there. Education ha deliberately gotten worse with each successive generation for the last forty years. Now kids routinely graduate as functional illiterates with only the most rudimentary math skills. This is deliberate, as I said. They want the populace dumbed down. I’ve been reading on the Civil War for some time now, and I am continually amazed at how literate the people were. Even the uneducated were much more articulate than the average is today.

14 | May 20, 2013 12:15 pm

Do they give him a little intra-Venus treatment by polishing his knob?

15 | May 20, 2013 12:16 pm

That’s because people back then read things like the Bible. Lots of big words in there that the Jaywalking crowd wouldn’t understand.

16. 16 | May 20, 2013 12:26 pm

Yep, I’ve read letters that were written by simple foot-soldiers; nice composition and remarkably elegant prose. Not only that, but they could even spell!

Notice speeches that presidents gave as recent as the early-mid 20th century. If a president spoke like that today, I’m not sure a lot of people would even understand him.

17 | May 20, 2013 12:26 pm

r u srs?

18 | May 20, 2013 12:27 pm

@ MacDuff:

Some would call it “hate speech.”

19 | May 20, 2013 12:28 pm

@ MacDuff:

Go ask 100 random people what “four score and seven” means.

20 | May 20, 2013 12:31 pm

Eventually you’ll end up with 47 stamp bags of heroin.

21 | May 20, 2013 12:32 pm

I don’t think I’d call him “The New Che” either.
    These dumb kids aren’t attracted to him for his ideology, the way 60′s leftists
    idolized Che. It’s purely a physical attractiveness thing. The Botticelli curls, the Armani outfit,
    the semi-androgynous man-boy look.

He’s the Chechen Bieber.

22 | May 20, 2013 12:33 pm

@ MacDuff:
    Americs has been dumbed down.
    The eductional system is dominated by the unions.
    in many cases protecting semi-literate teachers.
    But people know pop cultre, Angelinas double matsectomy.
    Justin Biebers crappy music, Beyonces pregnancy.
    You know, the important stuff.

23. 23 | May 20, 2013 12:37 pm

@ MacDuff:

Go ask 100 random people what “four score and seven” means.

Indeed. Hell, ask 100 random people what “infamy” means!

During my two careers, I seemed to spend time writing letters for superiors. I can’t begin to tell you how many times I as told to strike words like “alas” because “the recipient probably wouldn’t know what it means” All of these people were degreed, supposedly educated people while I had a couple of years of college but no degree.

This dumbing down has been going on for some time now.

24. 25 | May 20, 2013 1:01 pm

@ MacDuff:
    In the early to mid 60′s I went through a Redneck Southern High School. I was in the Advanced classes and had my tail worked off.

My first two years of College (STEM all the way) seemed to me to be a review.

Recently I had to work with a young gentleman who had just graduated with the same freaking degree I got in 69.

I sewar I knew more coming out of High School than this idiot did coming out of todays College!

25. 26 | May 20, 2013 1:02 pm

@ MacDuff:

My vocabulary was big because I read a lot of books that weren’t on the required reading list. Mostly science fiction and fantasy, neither of which is known for catering to the LIV crowd. If I’d relied on school to teach me, I’d have been ignorant, and I was in the Advanced Placement classes. Lower level classes are just babysitting with a little homework. Now I am sure it is worse. They shoot for having kids who graduate being able to read on about a fifth-grade reading level, and they still miss the mark more times than not. Anyone think Government run healthcare will be any better than government run education? Why would it be?

27 | May 20, 2013 1:09 pm

They most likely are making sure all his ‘needs’ are met

28 | May 20, 2013 1:12 pm

my 3 year old grandson is reading every day and learning at the same fast clip his mom did at the same age…he’s doing some arithmatic, memorizing stuff…and just like his mom, he will be miles ahead all through school…just about everything he does has an element of tutoring to it…I would never allow a school to teach my kids to read and comprehend…teaching just comes natural to some people…but nothing ventured, nothing gained

28. 29 | May 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Heh, some of the best education I had on the English language was received from decades of reading William F. Buckley’s newspaper column and watching “Firing Line”. I think the most effective is that which inspires the student to seek out knowledge wherever they find it and teaches the means to do so. My schools did; too many today do not.

29. 30 | May 20, 2013 1:16 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

He’ll think he’s died and went to Allah. He’s already got his 72 whores… 8O

30. 31 | May 20, 2013 1:23 pm

AZOlddog wrote:

@ MacDuff:

My first two years of College (STEM all the way) seemed to me to be a review.

The Southern “Redneck” schools were probably infected by progressivism far later than those in other regions.

31. 32 | May 20, 2013 1:42 pm

MacDuff wrote:

too many today do not.

That’s because people capable of thinking will question the fundamental premise of Marxism, and upon questioning it, will research the real history of the Marxist revolutions of the past. What they will discover is that it is a fraud and violently viciously corrupt. They will discover that those past Marxist revolution resulted in the murder of close to half a billion innocent people in the last 10 years. They will discover that the “Useful idiots” who hand the Marxist elitist rulers their countries always end up dead. Wouldn’t want those “Useful idiots” learning that before the Marxist Revolution has succeeded now would we…

32. 33 | May 20, 2013 1:47 pm

doriangrey wrote:

They will discover that those past Marxist revolution resulted in the murder of close to half a billion innocent people in the last 100 years.

opps, that’s in the last 100 years… :oops:

33. 34 | May 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Fact of the Day: the DOJ had more surveillance on James Rosen of Fox News than they did the Tsarnaev brothers. Priorities, after all.

34. 35 | May 20, 2013 2:00 pm

Megyn Kelly is reporting that there were 2 reporters and a producer at Fox targeted. Much more important than monitoring the Brothers Tsarnaev, who were, after all, Peaceful Muslims.

[/This is Tyranny]

35. 36 | May 20, 2013 2:02 pm

And this administration’s DOJ is just the gift that keeps on giving:

These twitwaffles really thought they’d NEVER get caught, didn’t they. Or if they did, that the media would gloss over it for them!

(as always, H/T Zip.)

36. 37 | May 20, 2013 2:06 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

We’ll see what the media actually does with all of this. They’ve been Obama’s most loyal cheerleaders up until now. Now the heavy hand of tyranny has reached out and touched them though. If they remain his lap-dogs, he will weather the storm. This will probably even have the effect of shuttin gup leakers and whistle-blowers. The heavy hand of Chicago politics shows the world that America really is headed down the Third World path of gangster government.

38 | May 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Or whistle blow and then sue. This could be a double edged knife

38. 39 | May 20, 2013 2:11 pm

If they remain his lap-dogs, he will weather the storm.

That is what seems to be the case. Hence why I have been urging caution on this. Too many on the Right last week were writing Obama’s political obituary.

39. MikeA
    40 | May 20, 2013 2:12 pm

If they remain his lap dogs, then it is all over and the Obama admin can do whatever they want. I did see a story on WeaselZip that had a bunch of reporters saying the Fox reporting getting his records seized is worse than the AP. This just keeps getting better.

40. 41 | May 20, 2013 2:13 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

Yeah, I hope these guys are talking to Civil Rights lawyers. As many of them as there are, they might could get a class action thing going. :P

Not really that, but there could be several civil rights lawsuits come out of this. Obama would probably waive the Soverign Immunity magic wand, but wouldn’t that be something? When’s the last time something like that has been done? Nixon didn’t get away with it, but Nixon wasn’t a Democrat.

42 | May 20, 2013 2:14 pm

two words…
    patience

42. 43 | May 20, 2013 2:15 pm

@ MikeA:

News is now that two other reporters and a producer at Fox News have also been targeted. I guess Obama forgot that time he tried to exclude Fox News from a briefing and even the MSM stood up and said “if they don’t get included, the rest of us won’t attend.”

43. 44 | May 20, 2013 2:18 pm

My mistake -- Rosen is included in one of the reporters -- so it’s a second reporter and a producer.

Fox News reports that three Fox staffers, two reporters and one producer, were targeted by Barack Obama’s Justice Department. Fox doesn’t have all the details yet on a reporter William La Jeunesse and producer Mike Levine, but their emails showed up in a IG report regarding Fast and Furious. Either their emails were leaked by the Justice Department officials they were sent to, or the email accounts of both were subpoenaed and invaded by government investigators.

The IG report does say that subpoenas were issued to obtain emails. Whose email was targeted is not yet known.

It would be sweet to see the DOJ IG start kicking Holder’s ass down Constitution Avenue.

44. 45 | May 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Too many on the Right last week were writing Obama’s political obituary.

I haven’t seen anyone writing Obama’s obituary over this. There have been a few people talking impeachment, but they are just flappin gtheir gums. There’s no way you get the Senate to convict the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT, and Obama knows that. That is one reason he has acted with such brazenness. BUt this may be enough to turn the press against him. They have to all see themselves in James Rosen’s place. All it would take would be the right phone call from the wrong source, and DoJ would be all over them. A Republican probably couldn’t save himsef from prosecution over something like this even if he resigned, but Obama is a Democrat. He’ll get away with it, insofar as he’ll remain in office. I’d say his legislative agenda is toast, though. He just gave everyone a real dose of reality on why the Right fears the government.

46 | May 20, 2013 2:21 pm

I think the healing energy people give out makes them see the patient in a different light. All they need to do is to let him know that Christ healed him.

However my last nurse was rather brusque. So there is a case here for shallow people.

46. 47 | May 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Like I said, Oblahblah is going to be desperate to keep the Senate Democratic after the 2014 election, and to keep House from getting a veto-proof majority.

47. 48 | May 20, 2013 2:22 pm

I haven’t seen anyone writing Obama’s obituary over this.

People on this very blog were saying Obama is toast and were truimphant.

the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT

I wish more realized this fact. That is why nothing will come out of this Obama will skate by the next 3 years.

49 | May 20, 2013 2:24 pm

@ 47 Carolina Girl: It’s time to encourage more whistleblowers. open the flood gates. Make the O admin loopy with lack of leadership issues that they have been sowing for years. Obama will go into a “deer in the headlights” state

50 | May 20, 2013 2:28 pm

There is an old series of books , by Allen Drury
    in the “Advise & Consent” series.
    It is about a Mrxist take over of the U.S.
    It was an external takeoverf, so it is not a
    perfect analogy to today.
    But it included the same naiivety that exists today,
    “It can’t happen here.”
    Yet, just pick up a newspaper.

50. eaglesoars
    51 | May 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Hello, my my, what a busy news week!

As for the nurses -- I’m not one and I’d easily put a bullet between Joker’s eyes. But I do feel sorry for him -- he’s very young and he made horrible choices from which he will never recover. I’m not a nice person and except for animals, not a terribly compassionate one, but when I look at a wasted life -- well.

In other news, I am LOVING that DOJ phucked with Fox news. To accuse a reporter who is doing what reporters do of criminal activity -- Lawrence O’Donnell is probably going to have a stroke just from his internal conflicts. Not to mention that Murdoch has some very deep pockets. This should be great fun.

51. 52 | May 20, 2013 2:34 pm

When it’s only Monday and you find that Glenn Greenwald is agreeing with you on Obama Crime Family excesses and defending a Fox News reporter, it’s time to send some overcoats down to Hades!!

53 | May 20, 2013 2:36 pm

In other news, I am LOVING that DOJ phucked with Fox news. To accuse a reporter who is doing what reporters do of criminal activity — Lawrence O’Donnell is probably going to have a stroke just from his internal conflicts. Not to mention that Murdoch has some very deep pockets. This should be great fun.
    @ eaglesoars:

This just screams for an Independent Prosecutor.
    But , I won’t hold my breath.

53. rain of lead
    54 | May 20, 2013 2:39 pm

oh bloody hell, proof that the fix is in and we are so boned

Hot Mic: Schumer Organizing Immigration Votes with ‘Our Republicans’

A hot microphone caught Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) coordinating which way members of the “Gang of Eight” who serve on the Senate Judiciary Committee would vote on immigration bill amendments, Breitbart News has learned.

“Do our Republicans have a pass on this one if they want?” the microphone caught Schumer saying.

The hot mic remarks came during the Judiciary Committee markup on Monday, when Schumer was talking to his staff while senators were voting on an amendment that would prevent illegal immigrants from gaining access to public benefits, specifically the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).

56 | May 20, 2013 2:44 pm

This IRS deal is snowballing faster than I can keep up with. Deep Throat is out there somewhere. When will he/she come forward and spill the smoking beans?

55. 57 | May 20, 2013 2:44 pm

Look for the AP and its reporters to get even MORE pissed off:

The Justice Department’s secret subpoena for AP phone records included the seizure of records for five reporters’ cellphones and three home phones as well as two fax lines, a lawyer for the news organization tells NBC News.

Does anyone really believe that they just went after AP and Fox. Of course, if Tingles found out they were tapping his phones, he’d interpret as Oblahblah secretary cared so much about his opinion.

56. 58 | May 20, 2013 2:45 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Holy cow -- than you, auto correct. Oblahblah secretly cared so much….

57. 59 | May 20, 2013 2:46 pm

@ rain of lead:

Part of the Immigration Reform scam is giving welfare benefits to illegal aliens. They aren’t goin got come right out and say it, but for God’s sake Chuckie Schumer i son board with this! What more do you need to know to know that it is inneither the interests of the Republican Party nor the Country for this thing to pass? The only Senator up there worse than Schumer is Dick Durbin (D-al Qaeda).

58. eaglesoars
    60 | May 20, 2013 2:47 pm

rain of lead wrote:

That’s the way the Hill operates. I don’t think this bill is going to pass -- and I think Rubio has shot himself in the foot.

59. eaglesoars
    61 | May 20, 2013 2:48 pm

This just screams for an Independent Prosecutor.
    But , I won’t hold my breath.

I dunno. I’m not sure how a special proscecutor gets appointed. Anybody know?

60. dwells38
    62 | May 20, 2013 2:50 pm

I think I’d be tempted to pull the plugs on all the machines that go beep and put something toxic and caustic in his plasma drip.

But it’s OK if they want to get him all nice and fat and healthy. So he’s all bright eyed and bushytailed when they off him.

61. 63 | May 20, 2013 2:52 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Attorneys in the United States may be appointed/hired particularly or employed generally by different branches of the government to investigate. When appointed/hired particularly by the Judicial Branch to investigate and, if justified, seek indictments in a particular judicial branch case, the attorney is called special prosecutor.[1] When appointed/hired particularly by a governmental branch or agency to investigate alleged misconduct within that branch or agency, the attorney is called independent counsel. [2] When employed by the state or political subdivision to assist in a particular Judicial Branch case when the public interest so requires, the attorney is called special counsel.[2]

On January 3, 1983, the United States federal government substituted the term independent counsel for special prosecutor.[3] Archibald Cox was one of the most notable special prosecutors. However, special prosecutor Archibald Cox today would be called independent counsel Archibald Cox in the United States.

The term is sometimes used as a synonym for Independent Counsel, but under the former law authorizing the Independent Counsel, the appointment was made by a special panel of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. The Independent Counsels law expired in 1999, and was effectively replaced by Department of Justice regulation 28 CFR Part 600, under which Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald was appointed to look into the Plame affair.

62. dwells38
    64 | May 20, 2013 2:52 pm

@ dwells38:
    Oh wait they don’t do that in Taxachussetts. Oh well maybe the other inmates will get him.

63. 65 | May 20, 2013 2:53 pm

@ huckfunn:

It gets better! It wasn’t just the IRS. FBI, OSHA, and the ATF were also involved in targeting at least one of the Tea Party groups:

In July 2010, Catherine filed with the IRS seeking tax-exempt status for her organizations. Shortly after, the troubles began.

That winter, the Federal Bureau of Investigation came knocking with questions about a person who had attended a King Street Patriots event once. Based on sign-in sheets, the organization discovered that the individual in question had attended an event, but “it was a come-and-go thing,” and they had no further information on hand about him. Nevertheless, the FBI also made inquiries about the person to the office manager, who was a volunteer.

The King Street Patriots weren’t the only ones under scrutiny. On January 11, the IRS visited the Engelbrechts’ shop and conducted an on-site audit of both their business and their personal returns, Catherine says.

“What struck us as odd about that,” she adds,“is the lengths to which the auditor went to try to — it seemed like — to try to find some error. . . . She wanted to go out and see [our] farm, she wanted to count the cattle, she wanted to look at the fence line. It was a very curious three days. She was as kind as she could be, and she was doing her job . . . [but] it was strange.”

Bryan adds: “It was kind of funny to us. I mean, we weren’t laughing that much, but we knew we were squeaky clean. Our CPA’s a good guy. And who says God doesn’t have a sense of humor: I got a little bit of a refund.”

Two months later, the IRS initiated the first round of questions for True the Vote. Catherine painstakingly answered them, knowing that nonprofit status would help with the organization’s credibility, donors, and grant applications. In October, the IRS requested additional information. And whenever Catherine followed up with IRS agents about the status of True the Vote’s application, “there was always a delay that our application was going to be up next, and it was just around the corner,” she says,
    As this was occurring, the FBI continued to phone King Street Patriots. In May 2011, agents phoned wondering “how they were doing.” The FBI made further inquiries in June, November, and December asking whether there was anything to report.

And it goes on. True the Vote must really scare the Democrats. We know this, because we know they are reliant on voter fraud to make up some of their margin every election.

66 | May 20, 2013 2:54 pm

dwells38 wrote:

@ dwells38:

if he were older I’d say let him rot, but he’s young so burn him…nothing personal, just good business

67 | May 20, 2013 3:04 pm

in my world, being in contempt of Congress, hassling whistle blowers, and hiding behind an EO all admissions of guilt…the next step seems pretty obvious

68 | May 20, 2013 3:06 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

This just screams for an Independent Prosecutor.
    But , I won’t hold my breath.

I dunno. I’m not sure how a special proscecutor gets appointed. Anybody know?

The U.S Attorney General, Holder.

69 | May 20, 2013 3:08 pm

@ heysoos:
    Obama gets a Boehner nuggie?

68. 70 | May 20, 2013 3:13 pm

And there is no way Holder would appoint an independent prosecutor in these cases. There is too much on the line for the Democrats. Of course, that is why you should appoint a special prosecutor, so that the People can be somewhat assured of the independent nature of the investigation, but Holder is a Chicago Pol. Everybody knows he’s a criminal, and he knows everybody knows he’s a criminal. Which means he doesn’t care. HE sees himself and his bosses as being wholly above the law.

69. 71 | May 20, 2013 3:14 pm

[/This is Tyranny]

It looks like Fox and the DOJ will be going to war; gawd, this is gonna be a fun summer!

72 | May 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Exactly. The Reason to appoint an Independent counsel
    is to have an unbiased investigation.
    Holder& Obama etal, don’t want that.

73 | May 20, 2013 3:18 pm

The Democrats need another war (dictionary definition kind)

72. 74 | May 20, 2013 3:20 pm

@ heysoos:

These guys make Nixon’s crew look like third-rate pickpockets.

73. 75 | May 20, 2013 3:21 pm

Oh they’re already making the “no need for a special prospecutor” noises already. Which is why I suspect a lot of this “fundraising” Prezdint Putz is doing is with an eye toward a fat slushfund.

74. 76 | May 20, 2013 3:21 pm

Since when are reporters responsible for information leaked to them by government sources? I know this administration is wont to blame anyone available for their shortcomings, but this seems a stretch even for them. Am I missing something?

75. eaglesoars
    77 | May 20, 2013 3:22 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

I’m still not clear. Holder is not going to appoint anybody to invstigate the DOJ period. If not a panel of judges (and it’s not clear to me who would ask them to do it), then who?

78 | May 20, 2013 3:23 pm

What’s incredible is that they continue to send out arrogant dumbasses like Rice and Pfieffer to feed bullshit to the press, smug in their confidence that we are all so stupid we can’t recognize their lies. Arrogance, incompetence and malevolence on display for all to see. Now the press is pissed and piling on. Love it.

77. eaglesoars
    79 | May 20, 2013 3:25 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Am I missing something?

Nope. The search warrent alleged that Rosen was guilty of criminal conspiracy. That is not a stretch -- that is the Gestapo in cheap suits.

80 | May 20, 2013 3:28 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

@ Carolina Girl:

That’s the current law. It’s up to Holder.

79. 81 | May 20, 2013 3:28 pm

@ MacDuff:

Their intent is to chill protected First Amendment press activities. That is why the Press, the whole thing, should be all over it. It doesn’t matter that they can’t successfully prosecute Rosen. Just the fact of the investigation will chill the activities. That is blatantly unconstitutional in a way that no other President in the History of this Country has acted. Imagine if Nixon had prosecuted Woodward and Bernstein. That is what this is like. It remains to be seen, though, whether the lap-dog media has any backbone wherethis President is concerned.

80. 82 | May 20, 2013 3:32 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

@ Carolina Girl:

You know, I’m sorry, I missed that Congress let the Independent Counsel statute elapse in 1999 so there is no way they can appoint anyone -- it’s up to Holder. And they can’t pass it again because Oblahblah will veto it. For some reason I thought they had come to their senses and renewed it.

Holder’s going to have to start explaining WHY, though, if he doesn’t. There’s a huge outcry going up for a special prosecutor with subpoena power and independence to get to the bottom of this. If I were the House, I’d have one committee or another hauling Holder’s ass in front of them every day explaining anew why he has not appointed an SP to get to the bottom of this.

81. 83 | May 20, 2013 3:32 pm

huckfunn wrote:

That no one has actually been fired, or even disciplined to my knowledge, is an act of arrogance in and of itself. They keep saying that “this is no Watergate” but Watergate was a single act of breaking and entering- this is a widespread and consistent pattern of abuse and deception (no matter which scandal we’re talking about).

The press storyhuckfunn wrote:

Now the press is pissed and piling on. Love it.

Though they’re actually lapdogs, they see themselves as sacrosanct journalists- this hits them where they live and they have no choice but to stand with Fox. Strange days.

82. 84 | May 20, 2013 3:34 pm

And Holder will never appoint someone to investigate things that he had to know about. Neat, isn’t it? The inmates are in charge of the assylum. Even if we take the Senate next year, though, I wouldn’t look for Obama to be impeached. No matter how good we do, we still wouldn’t have the votes to convict, not when the usual RINO suspects like McCain defect.

83. eaglesoars
    85 | May 20, 2013 3:36 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Has Holder not already been held in contempt of Congress? What’s the penalty for THAT?

86 | May 20, 2013 3:38 pm

@ eaglesoars:

A strongly worded letter

85. 87 | May 20, 2013 3:41 pm

@ eaglesoars:

They censured him. He didn’t give a crap -- knew press would take up the sword for him.

Interesting that according to Twitter, that “Obama Foundation” set up by the half-brother and given post-dated status to 2008 cannot be found at the addresses given the IRS.

Us oldtimers will remember this acronym -- CREEP, which was used as Richard Nixon’s “slush fund.”

86. 88 | May 20, 2013 3:42 pm

A wiggle finger from the Committee Chairman.
    Drinks and appetizers if the Committee Chairman was McCain.

89 | May 20, 2013 3:43 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

You know, I’m sorry, I missed that Congress let the Independent Counsel statute elapse in 1999 so there is no way they can appoint anyone — it’s up to Holder.

Once upon a time, the AG actually did his job and was not just the President’s personal thug. When Nixon ordered AG Elliot Richardson to fire Archibald Cox, the special prosecutor. Richardson resigned in protest. The Deputy AG, William Ruckelshaus also refused to fire Cox and he, too, resigned in protest. The third guy left in charge was Robert Bork, and he fired Cox. Of course Holder will never hire a special prosecutor. You probably know all this. I’m basically talking out loud as I had to go back and refresh myself on the specifics surrounding Cox. I was out of the country during the Watergate hearings, so most of it just went right by me.

88. 90 | May 20, 2013 3:45 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Snivelling sycophancy. Obama considers himself above the Law, and as long as Holder stays in the AG’s seat, he effectively is above the law. And Holder’s not going anywhere. Congress has been emasculated by this President. They have no power over him. The only ray of sunshine in this whole thing is that this might be enough to piss so me reporters off majorly. They can surely all see themselves in James Rosen’s shoes. Chargerd with Criminal Conspiracy for doin gtheir jobs. This is sa step no president befor eObama has dared to take. If the press lets Obama get away with it, though, they risk it becoming SOP.

89. 91 | May 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Us oldtimers will remember this acronym — CREEP, which was used as Richard Nixon’s “slush fund.”

Comitted to Re-Elect the President. Perhaps the most unfortunate acronym ever.

92 | May 20, 2013 3:46 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Actually, the Holder case is still ongoing.

No end in sight for Issa, Holder court battle

Lawyers for the Justice Department and the House Oversight Committee sparred in court Wednesday over whether a federal judge has standing to resolve their dispute over documents that President Obama is withholding from Congress.

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and Attorney General Eric Holder have been locked in contentious negotiations for the better part of a year over a set of internal DOJ documents relating to the agency’s handling of a botched gun tracking operation.

After leading a successful vote to place Holder in contempt of Congress last year, Issa filed a lawsuit in federal court aiming to enforce his subpoena for the documents. The president has asserted executive privilege over the files.

Nearly eight months later, the court has yet to resolve whether it even has the right to hear the case.

91. eaglesoars
    93 | May 20, 2013 3:47 pm

huckfunn wrote:

And once upon a time so was the IRS. When Nixon tried to use them to investigate his enemies, they told him to go piss up a rope.

94 | May 20, 2013 3:48 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Carolina Girl wrote:
    Comitted to Re-Elect the President. Perhaps the most unfortunate acronym ever.

Obama’s “Winning the Future” was a close second.

93. 95 | May 20, 2013 3:49 pm

@ huckfunn:

I was a small child, so Nixon has never seemed the living embodyment of All Evil to me. After all, Slick Willie burned 80 men, women, and children alive at Waco. What did Nixon do that was equivilent to that? But the media loved Clinton, just as they love Obama, and the media love of Clinton is the big thing that saved him from being removed from office. The Democrats and RINOs knew they could vote to acquit when there was overwhelming evidence of guilt, and the media would llow them to get away with it. Same thing probably goes for Obama, though he may have shot himself in the foot goin gafter Reporters. He can’t survive a hostile media very well. Oh, he’ll stay in office, but he’ll be a caretaker President. He’ll get about as much done in the next 3 1/2 years as Ford got done in his term in office.

96 | May 20, 2013 3:50 pm

@ eaglesoars:

That’s because back then, just as now, the IRS was full of left-wing types.

They participated in all sorts of illegal activities at the direction of the Clinton administration.

97 | May 20, 2013 3:51 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Carolina Girl wrote:
    Comitted to Re-Elect the President. Perhaps the most unfortunate acronym ever.

Obama’s “Winning the Future” was a close second.

Can’t leave out Ford’s Whip Inflation Now (WIN)… :grin:

98 | May 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Maybe our reporters should move to Myanmar:

Carney Praises Myanmar For “Easing Media Restrictions”…

97. 99 | May 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Obama’s “Winning the Future” was a close second.

I never cease to be amazed at how seemingly intelligent people can miss things so obvious.

100 | May 20, 2013 3:54 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Obama’s “Winning the Future” was a close second.

WTF was at least appropriate in that case.

99. 101 | May 20, 2013 3:55 pm

WTF?!?

What is worse is that they publicized it by the acronym. NObody asked them about that? I thought the Obama Administration was supposed to eb the gods of the New Media…

102 | May 20, 2013 3:56 pm

@ MacDuff:
    the word winning in there hypnotised ‘em

103 | May 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Maybe we should start using Obama Must Go…

102. BatGuano
    104 | May 20, 2013 3:58 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    I remember WIN buttons. I almost felt sorry for Ford.

105 | May 20, 2013 3:59 pm

Fox News is showing live footage of a tornado near Oklahoma City

104. BatGuano
    106 | May 20, 2013 4:00 pm

Maybe we should start using Obama Must Go…

But that would be OMG! Oh, I see…:)

107 | May 20, 2013 4:00 pm

I’m hoping all this induces someone to leak the video(s) of Obama raving like Louis Farrakhan! :mrgreen:

108 | May 20, 2013 4:00 pm

Fox News is showing live footage of a tornado near Oklahoma City

That thing is friggin huge.

109 | May 20, 2013 4:02 pm

@ huckfunn:

That would ruin your whole day

110 | May 20, 2013 4:03 pm

Wow…you can see the flashes as it takes out power lines

111 | May 20, 2013 4:03 pm

As Scandals Proliferate, Biden Lays Low

Which way does he have ‘em worried?

112 | May 20, 2013 4:05 pm

They keep saying that the twister is at NewCastle, “east of OKC”. Newcastle is south of OKC.

111. 113 | May 20, 2013 4:06 pm

Actually, IIRC, Nixon never actually used the IRS to go after his enemies, did he? I seem to recall that he only said in one of the WH tapes that he was considering asking the IRS to audit those he considered “unfriendly” to his administration. I don’t remember any evidence that there was actual instruction.

Of course, now the Progs are falling all over themselves saying how Reagan, Bush 41 and Bush 43 used the IRS. Sure they did, assholes. And it’s amazing that the media that hated them so much never reported on it.

Nice try.

114 | May 20, 2013 4:06 pm

huckfunn wrote:

I doubt that either of them has ever been to Oklahoma

113. eaglesoars
    115 | May 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Fox News is showing live footage of a tornado near Oklahoma City

They did for hours yesterday, too. As did CNN. If I wanted to watch the freakin’ Weather Channel, I’d watch the freakin’ Weather Channel.

116 | May 20, 2013 4:08 pm

I doubt that either of them has ever been to Oklahoma

See the weather map for them is all green!

115. 117 | May 20, 2013 4:08 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

Hee. Biden’s probably thinking there’s a Presidency for him at the end of the rainbow….

116. BatGuano
    118 | May 20, 2013 4:09 pm

I used to live in OKC and it was scary during tornado season,

119 | May 20, 2013 4:10 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Looks like Obama’s finally found the controls to Cheney’s weather machine.

120 | May 20, 2013 4:11 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Thy think that it is more appropriate to investigate themselves.

119. 121 | May 20, 2013 4:12 pm

@ BatGuano:

Oh, come now -- it wasn’t that bad…

120. BatGuano
    122 | May 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ BatGuano:
    Oh, come now — it wasn’t that bad…

Yeah, we over reacted when the radio said a tornado was marching down May avenue, the main street, headed in our direction. I feel so sheepish, :)

123 | May 20, 2013 4:20 pm

huckfunn wrote:

I doubt that either of them has ever been to Oklahoma

Now they’re saying that the big twister was in Shawnee.

122. 124 | May 20, 2013 4:22 pm

@ BatGuano:

Eh. I had the radio tell us the funnel was at the intersection where I was waiting for the light to change, on the way to taking the wife to her first childbirth class at Baptist Memorial on NW Expressway. I did look up through the moonroof on the Prelude, but the funnel had dipped back up. THat would have been in 80, IIRC.

125 | May 20, 2013 4:27 pm

@ Mike C.:
    1980 was the tear my hometown, Kalamazoo, suffered it’s only tornado…the thing went straight thru downtown in a perfect west to east path…tore up the joint pretty good…I’ve seen pictures of it right among the buildings poking along

126 | May 20, 2013 4:30 pm

one thing for sure…Carney is holding up to the old saying “dazzle them with bullshit”…that doofus deserves a medal

127 | May 20, 2013 4:40 pm

When was I was a storm trooper (insurance adjuster for catastrophes for those of you from Rio Linda) I worked a major hailstorm in Fort Worth. There was one neighborhood where about 10 homes were totally destroyed by hail. These weren’t mobile homes. They were nice big 2-story homes in the $200k- $300k range in about 1995.

128 | May 20, 2013 4:40 pm

heysoos wrote:

Carney On IRS Scandal: “Nobody’s More Outraged” Than Obama…

129 | May 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Jamie Dupree ✔ @jamiedupree

Carney says decision was made that “there was not a need to inform the President” of upcoming IRS IG report
    1:27 PM -- 20 May 2013

Let me see, they know that some serious
    shit is going to hit the fan, but nobody
    tells Obama to duck?
    This is just getting ludicrous.

130 | May 20, 2013 4:53 pm

@ heysoos:
    Carney is really in a class of his own as a master prevaricator. He rarely gets flustered and just makes it up as he goes. Never at a loss for words. Everytime I watch him I’m amazed at how calmly he reels of the most shameless lies without batting an eye. Of course he’s not really talking to those of us who know better. He’s talking to his toadies in the press and the low-info types who eagerly lap up his every syllable. MFM is currently rethinking their toadyism. Low-infos not so much.

131 | May 20, 2013 5:01 pm

OOOOOOOOO-klahoma where the winds come sweeping down the plains…

132 | May 20, 2013 5:02 pm

Looks like it wiped out Moore, OK

131. eaglesoars
    133 | May 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Why is Fox pre-empting The Five for pic of tornadoes?

stupid

132. 134 | May 20, 2013 5:13 pm

New Thread.

133. 135 | May 20, 2013 5:26 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Why is Fox pre-empting The Five for pic of tornadoes?

stupid

If it bleeds it leads.

134. 136 | May 20, 2013 6:57 pm

A petition on whitehouse.gov website asks for complete & unconditional dismissal of all charges against ‘flashbang’ Jahar.

135. garycooper
    137 | May 21, 2013 4:56 pm

@ MacDuff:

If you’re in a hurry, skip ahead to 2:18 for the part about Civil War letters vs. Iraq War letters. Giraldo was a funny dude.