Teapot Looks Like Hitler? I Don’t Think So.

by Bunk X ( 128 Comments › )
Filed under Art, Humor, Nazism, OOT, Satire at May 31st, 2013 - 7:00 pm

You’ve probably seen/heard the story by now. There’s a JC Penney billboard advertisement on the 405 freeway near Culver City California that’s created some controversy. Apparently some southbound commuters in bumper-to-bumper traffic are getting way too many fumes in their noggins, and decided that an image of a teapot looks EXACTLY like Adolf Hitler.

I happened to be in the Culver City area last week, saw the billboard in question. I thought little of it, but after all the hoopla I shot this pic today:

JC Perney Billboard 405 S

Doesn’t look much like Hitler to me (maybe a bit like Charles Johnson circa 2004) but apparently the good folks at Breitbart.com bought into it as well.

Hitler Tea Kettle Sells Out

Hitler, Chaplin, Johnson – I dunno, Babs, but I do know this.
It’s time for a Friday Edition of The Overnight Open Thread.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comments

128 Responses to “Teapot Looks Like Hitler? I Don’t Think So.”

1 | May 31, 2013 7:04 pm

I worry about the people that thought it looked like Hitler.. There was a sunspot last week that looked like Hitler. And there was a russet potatoe that looked like Hitler and was turned into French Fries.

2 | May 31, 2013 7:09 pm

How about showing the real teapot and not that photoshopped crap.

3 | May 31, 2013 7:14 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    Nevermind… :oops:

4. 4 | May 31, 2013 7:33 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

How about showing the real teapot and not that photoshopped crap.

You mean like this?

5. brookly red
    5 | May 31, 2013 7:39 pm

it does look like Hitler, by my question is why make a Hitler tea pot of all things? Is this some kind of anti-Tea party swipe?

6 | May 31, 2013 7:55 pm

Macker wrote:

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

How about showing the real teapot and not that photoshopped crap.

You mean like this?

No, that’s not a tea pot, that’s a wee pot, which he uses when the Mountain Dew bottles are all full.

7 | May 31, 2013 8:19 pm

my Hitler tees are flying off the shelves…a guy with a gerbil skin hat bought all my Xtra stupid sizes

8. rain of lead
    8 | May 31, 2013 8:47 pm

hmmm
    kinda early for the oot eh
    oh what the hell

9. 9 | May 31, 2013 9:16 pm

I managed to get the basement door open. The hammer/chisel combination worked, although did some damage to the door. A bit of wood glue, some wood putty & a little paint, and it should look pretty good. I might have to drill out a bigger hole for the replacement latch/doorknob though.

Thanks for the suggestions!

10. rain of lead
    10 | May 31, 2013 9:24 pm

@ mfhorn:

yay!!!
    DIY strikes again

11. 11 | May 31, 2013 9:56 pm

@ heysoos:

Richard Gere?

12 | May 31, 2013 10:01 pm

Anyone want some rotisserie chicken?

It’s Leia approved.

13. song_and_dance_man
    13 | May 31, 2013 10:02 pm

Where is the chia-pet Sotero-like spittoon? Now there’s the ticket.

14 | May 31, 2013 10:03 pm

The Daily Dot ‏@dailydot 12m
    Critics warn that Xbox One is basically a surveillance device disguised as a Christmas present: http://dly.do/11gZBup

15. song_and_dance_man
    15 | May 31, 2013 10:08 pm

@ darkwords:

Anyone who posts anywhere online is in that same footprint.

they are watching you, Neo./

16 | May 31, 2013 10:11 pm

kevsanders Archie Bunker • 2 hours ago
    We need to have the Marines go through DC and start rounding up Democrats.

17 | May 31, 2013 10:14 pm

@ 15 song_and_dance_man:Google has recorded and cached all references by and to song_and_dance_man in their underground vault in Boulder, Colorado. While their Cayman islands operations AI’s similar google search results and begins tracking the IP activity. Unfortunate if you live in Google, Kansas.

18. 18 | May 31, 2013 10:15 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

Hey! How are you doing?

19. song_and_dance_man
    19 | May 31, 2013 10:21 pm

@ darkwords:

It sucks to be ‘them’. I live in a Yahoo town.

20 | May 31, 2013 10:23 pm

Oh, look…Illinois decided to join the other 49 states:

Illinois lawmakers approve concealed carry gun bill

State lawmakers today approved compromise legislation to set up rules on who can carry concealed guns and where they can be carried.

Illinois is the last state in the nation not to have some form of concealed carry on the books, but a federal appeals court overturned the state’s long standing ban in December and gave lawmakers until June 9 to come up with regulations to allow it.

21. song_and_dance_man
    21 | May 31, 2013 10:23 pm

@ Macker:
    Good, and thanks for asking. Off now to buy a liter of beer.

22. eaglesoars
    22 | May 31, 2013 10:24 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

good lord where have YOU been?

23. song_and_dance_man
    23 | May 31, 2013 10:29 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

@ song_and_dance_man:
    good lord where have YOU been?

amen, the Lord is good.

I’ve been occupied with a start up congregation whose pastor wanted help with song and praise. I’m always down, or rather up, with that.

24. eaglesoars
    24 | May 31, 2013 10:32 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

Very good to hear and I’m sure they’re blessed to have you.

25 | May 31, 2013 10:47 pm

IRS Makes Another Embarrassing Video On Taxpayer Dime

A newly obtained video has the IRS running damage control on a new front, as the embattled agency prepares for the release next week of an inspector general report that will be critical of how money was spent on staff conferences.

In the video, an apparent team-building exercise, employees are being taught the Cupid Shuffle dance move as they prepare to present the dance as a group at a 2010 conference.

The IRS said Friday night the video “was unacceptable and an inappropriate use of government funds.”

The video’s narrator describes the group of individuals as executives from the Small Business/Self Employed department. They say they’re competing “to become the next great dance sensation.”

26 | May 31, 2013 10:49 pm

Seems to me that that describes the IRS itself.

27. eaglesoars
    27 | May 31, 2013 10:54 pm

Which is right up there with Eric Holder’s ‘remorse’.

“Damn, I got caught”

28. song_and_dance_man
    28 | May 31, 2013 10:59 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Last night Charlie, the new pastor, had a great study lesson. It focused on the five-fold ministry of the ‘church’. Too in depth to articulate here in a few sentences, but it was fascinating. Good for those who have little study of the matter. I love this bunch of kindred spirits.

29. song_and_dance_man
    29 | May 31, 2013 11:06 pm

I don’t know the details, but I heard some pundit say(on a local broadcast)the IRS insists that disclosure has a deadline, so… they must be held to the same rule they employ.

30 | May 31, 2013 11:08 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

These days, the IRS fancies itself as some sort of Gestapo.

They don’t feel the need to follow rules. Those are for us.

31. 31 | May 31, 2013 11:14 pm

Shades of Charles Wing Krafft. . . he used to sell Hitlerware, now he sells Ahmadineware.

32 | May 31, 2013 11:20 pm

Journalism Professor Calls For Firing Squad, Missile Attacks On The NRA….

. . . Here it is. The NRA advocates armed rebellion against the duly elected government of the United States of America. That’s treason, and it’s worthy of the firing squad. The B.S. needs a serious gut check. We are not a tin pot banana republic where machine gun toting rebel groups storm the palace and depose the dictator.

We put the president in the White House. To support the new NRA president’s agenda of arming the populace for confrontation with the government is bloody treason. And many invite it gladly as if the African-American president we voted for is somehow infringing on their Constitutional rights.

Normally, I am a peaceable man, but in this case, I am willing to answer the call to defend the country. From them.

To turn the song lyric they so love to quote back on them, “We’ll put a boot in your —, it’s the American way.”

Except it won’t be a boot. It’ll be an M1A Abrams tank, supported by an F22 Raptor squadron with Hellfire missiles. Try treason on for size. See how that suits. And their assault arsenal and RPGs won’t do them any good.

33. eaglesoars
    33 | May 31, 2013 11:23 pm

F22s with Hellfires. I’m SO impressed.

34. Lily
    34 | May 31, 2013 11:23 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

@ darkwords:

Anyone who posts anywhere online is in that same footprint.

they are watching you, Neo./

Which is why I am careful.
    /No I haven’t been careful.

I suspect everyone and I suspect no one. ;)

35. song_and_dance_man
    35 | May 31, 2013 11:25 pm

the world is skewed outside my world

it overrides a common sense

and then I feel a tinge of hope

that people find a trace of truth

common ground

common ground has been harvested

by a band of liars that share a lie

common ground

common ground has been harvested

by a band of suckers ingesting lies

desperate for power
    desperate for control

* I just heard this song-wise in me head.

36. Calo
    36 | May 31, 2013 11:26 pm

Jeez, I hate being vilified as an NRA member and believer in our God Given Second Amendment Rights and accused of being treasonous.

37. Lily
    37 | May 31, 2013 11:27 pm

I do know one thing….that the government must know. Every night I fall asleep on the couch. Like clockwork. I have tried everything since surgery…nothing works. Nothing I tell everyone. Yet when Ineed to go to sleep…nope I have to take something. I am a quagmire.

38. Lily
    38 | May 31, 2013 11:29 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

CW calls them earworms. I get them a lot too. ;)

39 | May 31, 2013 11:29 pm

Calo wrote:

I know you weren’t there during the business meeting Saturday morning, but I can assure you that newly-elected president Jim Porter didn’t call for “armed rebellion against the duly elected government of the United States.”

I’m pretty sure that I would remember that.

40. Calo
    40 | May 31, 2013 11:30 pm

@ Lily:
    It’s a hard surgery you are still getting over, {{Lily}}
    We are grateful for your company most nights.

41 | May 31, 2013 11:31 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

F22s with Hellfires. I’m SO impressed.

Not sure where we NRA members are supposed to pick up our “machine guns” and “RPGs,” either. None of the gun stores around here have any.

42. Lily
    42 | May 31, 2013 11:32 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

F22s with Hellfires. I’m SO impressed.

I love this song. Makes me proud.

43. Lily
    43 | May 31, 2013 11:34 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

F22s with Hellfires. I’m SO impressed.

I always keep one by my bed just in case. ;)
    /////////////////

44. song_and_dance_man
    44 | May 31, 2013 11:34 pm

There is much wrong with that. The oncoming falling on swords will be a sight to see.

45. Calo
    45 | May 31, 2013 11:36 pm

Yes, I’m sure you would of told me that.

Nevertheless, I am impressed with what I heard from the leaders of the NRA this year.
    I wasn’t a true convert before, but I am now.

Back to your business model, have you ever thought about charging a fee for people shopping for a gun that’s right for them? You were extremely helpful in solidifying what I needed when I was overwhelmed.

46. Lily
    46 | May 31, 2013 11:36 pm

@ Lily:

Darn it I must be a very violent person.
    ???????? oh hell I meant….
    /////////////////////

47. song_and_dance_man
    47 | May 31, 2013 11:38 pm

@ Lily:

I must be unduly infested. here’s a ditty by the Beatles you my unjoy,

48. eaglesoars
    48 | May 31, 2013 11:39 pm

but in this case, I am willing to answer the call to defend the country.

Call? What call? Was the draft brought back while I wasn’t looking?

49 | May 31, 2013 11:40 pm

@ Calo:

I do occasionally work with people outside of regular classes, yes.

The biggest problem I have now is not being able to find customers.

50. eaglesoars
    50 | May 31, 2013 11:42 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Call? What call? Was the draft brought back while I wasn’t looking?

Oh wait. Is he signing up for the military? I can only pray it’s the Marines.

And I want the video

51 | May 31, 2013 11:44 pm

I am not a New York gun control liberal, either. I support a shotgun for home defense, a handgun for limited conceal/carry, and an assortment of hunting rifles to balance West Virginia’s exploding deer population (as evidenced by hourly collisions with cars). So, I am hardly out of the mainstream.

Am I the only one reminded of the classic “some of my best friends are black” line here?

52. eaglesoars
    52 | May 31, 2013 11:47 pm

And my guess is the reality is the same -- he doesn’t own even one bullet, he’s never fired a weapon and if he picked one up he’d wet himself.

53. 53 | May 31, 2013 11:49 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    @ Macker:
    LMAO

54 | May 31, 2013 11:49 pm

Another of his brilliant columns:

Chris Swindell: Tea party hates our country

55. 55 | May 31, 2013 11:50 pm

@ heysoos:
    That was me. I’m about to corner the market.

56. 56 | May 31, 2013 11:52 pm

@ mfhorn:
    No matter what you do or where you are, one must always drill a bigger hole. --Bunk Strutts 2013

57. eaglesoars
    57 | May 31, 2013 11:54 pm

Another of his brilliant columns:
    Chris Swindell: Tea party hates our country

Oh man….you left out the lede. It’s priceless!

It’s no coincidence that the rise of the tea party has resulted in the decline of the U.S. sovereign debt rating.

58. 58 | May 31, 2013 11:55 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    Sounks like a Mellencamp song.

59 | May 31, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi everybody!!!

60. 60 | May 31, 2013 11:58 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

61 | May 31, 2013 11:58 pm

@ eaglesoars:

He’s apparently not an economist

62. Lily
    62 | May 31, 2013 11:59 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

Oh my brother is a huge Beatle fan…huge. ;)

63. Calo
    63 | June 1, 2013 12:00 am

See the marketing Guru on this blog.

64. Lily
    64 | June 1, 2013 12:00 am

@ Bumr50:

*Waves* :)

65. Calo
    65 | June 1, 2013 12:01 am

Bunk X wrote:

@ mfhorn:

I’m not sure I like that quote tonight.
    / Betty.

66. Lily
    66 | June 1, 2013 12:01 am

Calo wrote:

See the marketing Guru on this blog.

And that would be Brookly! :)

67. Lily
    67 | June 1, 2013 12:02 am

Calo wrote:

Bunk X wrote:

@ mfhorn:

I’m not sure I like that quote tonight.
    / Betty.

Nancy agrees with Betty.

68. eaglesoars
    68 | June 1, 2013 12:05 am

blech. The Beagle is Bugging Me. It’s her bedtime and she wants her mom.

nite.

69 | June 1, 2013 12:07 am

@ Bunk X:

I drill holes for a living.

Turns out there IS such a thing as too big of a hole.

My holes generally need to be 1/4″ wide * 8.5 mm deep, with an undercut at the bottom not to exceed 3/8″ to accommodate an expanding anchor.

Notice those are two different units of measure.

Architects and engineers will be the death of me.

I use a German made drill with no manual, as it’s a one off tool made for us.

70 | June 1, 2013 12:07 am

@ eaglesoars:

Night

71 | June 1, 2013 12:09 am

@ Lily:

Hola, Senora!!

Como estas?

72. Lily
    72 | June 1, 2013 12:11 am

@ eaglesoars:

Nite!

73. Lily
    73 | June 1, 2013 12:12 am

@ Bumr50:

Doing best as I can…the universe is against me at times. ;)

74. Calo
    74 | June 1, 2013 12:12 am

@ Bumr50:
    You are wishing bad thoughts unto architects and engineers?

I don’t do math on a FNDT.

75. 75 | June 1, 2013 12:13 am

@ Lily:
    I know someone who’s huger.

76. Lily
    76 | June 1, 2013 12:15 am

@ Calo:

And that reminds me of this song!!!!!!!!!!!!

77. Calo
    77 | June 1, 2013 12:16 am

@ Bunk X:
    Big parts are not impressive.

Next.

78. 78 | June 1, 2013 12:16 am

Calo wrote:

Bunk X wrote:
    @ mfhorn:

I’m not sure I like that quote tonight.
    / Betty.

The rest of the comment is, “and then you gotta plug it.”

79. Lily
    79 | June 1, 2013 12:17 am

@ Bunk X:

Oh my! :shock:
    I was thinking of comic’s~! ;)

80. Lily
    80 | June 1, 2013 12:19 am

Calo wrote:

@ Bunk X:
    Big parts are not impressive.

Next.

Excellent point.

81. 81 | June 1, 2013 12:19 am

@ Bumr50:
    Calo knows all about drilling and expanding anchors. I know about malleable sheaths and lag bolts.

82 | June 1, 2013 12:22 am

@ Lily:

83 | June 1, 2013 12:24 am

Calo wrote:

You are wishing bad thoughts unto architects and engineers?

Smug bastards.

//sort of

84 | June 1, 2013 12:29 am

@ Bunk X:

Wanna see?

I wish I had a soundtrack like this while I drilled all nite…

85. Lily
    85 | June 1, 2013 12:31 am

Excellent counter lobo!!! I’m impressed.

86. Lily
    87 | June 1, 2013 12:35 am

Bumr50 wrote:

Calo wrote:

You are wishing bad thoughts unto architects and engineers?

Smug bastards.

//sort of

They are. My father-in-law was one. Not mean. But he knew everything. Not to mention you will an hour long lecture on how to turn on a light switch by which time your eyes have rolled into the back of your head!

87. Lily
    88 | June 1, 2013 12:37 am

@ Calo:

LOL LOL LOL LOL fits perfect with what I just posted. OMG!!!!

88. 89 | June 1, 2013 12:41 am

@ Bumr50:
    Soundtrack to a 1980′s exercise video featuring Ron Jeremy as “The Hedgehog.”

89. 90 | June 1, 2013 12:42 am

90. Calo
    91 | June 1, 2013 12:44 am

@ Bunk X:
    I messed up my link, again.

Nothing new to see, move along.

91. 92 | June 1, 2013 12:46 am

OMG. Disneyland’s under attack! I can hear the explosions, just like EVERY night about this time. CO2 BOMBS!

92. Lily
    93 | June 1, 2013 12:46 am

Calo wrote:

@ Bunk X:
    I messed up my link, again.

Nothing new to see, move along.

Nope it was perfect! :lol:

93. 94 | June 1, 2013 12:48 am

95 | June 1, 2013 12:49 am

@ Lily:

A couple of the younger ones asked me to go out and smoke cigars and drink expensive brandy with them

I didn’t go.

And it’s not that I can’t appreciate a fine tobacco or spirit, either…

95. Lily
    96 | June 1, 2013 12:55 am

@ Bumr50:

They. Will. Bore. You. To. Death. ;)

96. 97 | June 1, 2013 12:55 am

@ Lily:
    No. It was amateurish, and Calo should know better.
    Anyone can Shrink-A-Link.

97. Calo
    98 | June 1, 2013 12:57 am

@ Bunk X:
    Still on the first page of Goggle.
    DoD is second page.

Penis penis penis lol.

98. 99 | June 1, 2013 12:58 am

@ Lily:
    Heh. You said “bore.”

100 | June 1, 2013 12:58 am

@ Bunk X:

Hey speaking of that, what do you use for your Twitter links?

100. Calo
    101 | June 1, 2013 12:58 am

@ Bunk X:
    Yes, I know better.
    Thank you, where’s my pillow?

101. 102 | June 1, 2013 1:01 am

@ Calo:
    We told the Admins how to fix it and patch all the broken links with one command, courtesy of a Marxist Anarchist Anonymous WP techie I know.
    I got tired of pushing the rope.

103 | June 1, 2013 1:04 am

Lily wrote:

Excellent counter lobo!!! I’m impressed.

That’s my generation.

Like this:

103. 104 | June 1, 2013 1:05 am

On your forehead.

104. rain of lead
    105 | June 1, 2013 1:14 am

hey ya’ll
    been watching movies with the girl
    lotta about …lightswitches…what the…
    humph
    glad I didn’t miss much

105. 106 | June 1, 2013 1:21 am

106. rain of lead
    107 | June 1, 2013 1:27 am

@ Bunk X:

nice…very nice

107. Calo
    108 | June 1, 2013 1:31 am

@ rain of lead:
    Same here. My girl is with a broken heart this week.

The only thing that comforts her is movie time with mommy.

108. rain of lead
    109 | June 1, 2013 1:33 am

@ Calo:

awwww, is she having boyfriend issues, just asking cause i have that future to look forward to.

109. rain of lead
    110 | June 1, 2013 1:35 am

although my girl is a gamer, she will more than likly be the one making him do the sobbing

110. Calo
    111 | June 1, 2013 1:43 am

@ rain of lead:
    I thought the same thing as well.

But, a broken heart is a difficult thing to mend when it’s your kid.

111. rain of lead
    112 | June 1, 2013 1:52 am

@ Calo:

so you follow the first rule of parenting “just do the best you can”

113 | June 1, 2013 1:58 am

Men!

*humph*

114 | June 1, 2013 2:01 am

@ Calo:

Hmm…my standard response is peanut butter-filled pretzels.

//Probably just as well that I don’t have kids without fur

115 | June 1, 2013 2:08 am

Works for me!

Wash them down with some Yuengling!

115. rain of lead
    116 | June 1, 2013 2:16 am

@ Bumr50:

hahaha
    lobo gives then to leia
    I’m pretty sure she’s not a beer swilling hound
    (but I could be wrong, perhaps in her younger days)

117 | June 1, 2013 2:21 am

@ rain of lead:

I know!

We never GIVE my Bailey beer, but if she’s around an open one she pounces!

117. rain of lead
    118 | June 1, 2013 2:24 am

@ Bumr50:

I grew up on a farm and we had a horse that would chug an entire bottle. grab the neck with his teeth, lift his head and swallow as fast as it would pour down

118. rain of lead
    119 | June 1, 2013 2:25 am

@ rain of lead:

and then burrp
    that was funny right there, I don’t care who ya are

120 | June 1, 2013 2:27 am

@ rain of lead:

Leia doesn’t drink beer.

The ex-cat (the cat that went with my ex) did, though. And he drank coffee, too.

120. rain of lead
    121 | June 1, 2013 2:29 am

errp
    I would be scared of a cat hopped up on caffine

122 | June 1, 2013 2:29 am

@ rain of lead:

Oh, hell yeah!

I had a palomino quarter horse mare growing up.

We’d pour cans in her and my mom’s horses mouths.

Nothing but fancy grain…

122. rain of lead
    123 | June 1, 2013 2:31 am

out

123. Calo
    124 | June 1, 2013 2:33 am

Oh yeh… Laughing at the horse stories tonight.

Off to sleep, may your weekend be long and carefree.

124. 125 | June 1, 2013 2:35 am

@ Calo:

Anti-Second Amendment types are anti-Civil Rights, period. They have an Authoritarian mindset that this guy exemplifies. He wants an all-powerful State that can kill its citizens at will. He is no doubt thrilled with the thuggish tactics of Obama’s IRS. It is exactly because of totalitarians like him that I say the Second Amendment is the most important Civil Right we have.

125. 126 | June 1, 2013 2:59 am

@ rain of lead:
    Bunkarina gave me the link to Scott Bradlee’s awesome remakes of pop music in swing style, like this one:

126. Calo
    127 | June 1, 2013 3:19 am

I still don’t own a firearm yet,but I agree 100% with you.

I was just a passivist until recently but the current administration reminds me daily of why I need to assert my rights to lock and load.

127. 128 | June 1, 2013 7:30 am

Wow, choice of a first firearm. That’s a complicated one. Depends on what your intended use is, what you can spend, what you can handle in terms of recoil and complexity, and a couple other factors. And the simple truth is that there is no single answer to the question. As a budding gun nut, you need to realise that it’s like eating peanuts -- one won’t do.

One thing is for certain -- stick with popular calibers/guages and popular/moderate price firearms to start with. You can branch out into exotica later if you get the urge. And keep in mind that any firearm beats the hell out of no firearm at all.