Obama’s Climate Plan; Economic Disaster Based Upon Bogus Science

by huckfunn ( 87 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Business, Corruption, Cult of Obama, Democratic Party, Economy, Energy, Environmentalism, EPA, Global Warming Hoax, government, Misery Index, Progressives, Regulation, Socialism, taxation, unemployment at June 29th, 2013 - 12:00 pm

In addition to the fact that his climate plan is based upon the totally false premise of man-made global warming, The Heritage Foundation lists 11 problems with Obama’s climate plan.

1. Higher energy bills.

2. Lost jobs.

3. Higher natural gas prices would stomp the manufacturing renaissance.

4. No impact on climate change.

5. Ambiguous on Keystone XL Pipeline.

6. No admission of temperatures leveling off and wrong predictions.

7. Efficiency mandates drive up prices, drive away choice.

8. Subsidies for me but not for thee.

9. Pretending China and the developing world will cut emissions.

10. Hides Obama’s anti-nuclear policy behind pro-nuclear rhetoric.

11. Bypasses Congress and the American people.

For the sake of brevity, I didn’t paste in the entire article but it can be found here and it’s well worth the read. There is a paragraph, with links, for each of the above points.

Also, I recommend that you bookmark Rick Morano’s Climate Depot which offers links to daily articles regarding the Global Warming Hoax. It’s something like a Drudge Report for information relating to the biggest scam ever unleashed on world.

Comments

87 Responses to “Obama’s Climate Plan; Economic Disaster Based Upon Bogus Science”

1 | June 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Speak of the devil; From Africa, Obama sends home more global warming worries

Hi everybody. A few days ago, I unveiled a new national plan to confront the growing threat of a changing climate.

Decades of carefully reviewed science tells us our planet is changing in ways that will have profound impacts on the world we leave to our children. Already, we know that the 12 warmest years in recorded history have all come in the last 15, and that last year was the warmest in American history. BULLSHIT!

And while we know no single weather event is caused solely by climate change, we also know that in a world that’s getting warmer than it used to be, all weather events are affected by it — more extreme droughts, floods, wildfires, and hurricanes.

Those who already feel the effects of a changing climate don’t have time to deny it — they’re busy dealing with it. The firefighters who brave longer wildfire seasons. The farmers who see crops wilted one year, and washed away the next. Western families worried about water that’s drying up.

2. 2 | June 29, 2013 12:34 pm

@ huckfunn:

He’s in trouble with the left, hence his shift to this issue.

3. 3 | June 29, 2013 12:38 pm

Breaking News:

Suck on this Charles… http://technorati.com/blogs/directory/politics/uspolitics/page-12/ check out #268 :twisted:

4 | June 29, 2013 12:51 pm

@ huckfunn:

He’s in trouble with the left, hence his shift to this issue.

Yep. I’m betting that he’ll he’ll disapprove Keystone to prop up the base. Approval by his base is now just 22%

5 | June 29, 2013 12:53 pm

Wonderful rains now in Ruidoso. Here comes the hail. Currently just pea-sized.

6. Calo
    6 | June 29, 2013 12:57 pm

You have to screen cap that. :evil:

7 | June 29, 2013 1:04 pm

@ Calo:
    58 degrees here in the mountains. :grin:

8 | June 29, 2013 1:09 pm

@ Calo:
    58 degrees here in the mountains.

lucky you…last night was dark clouds are very windy in ABQ…lost power for two hours…not one drop of rain…two days ago it was 108 on my patio

9 | June 29, 2013 1:13 pm

@ heysoos:
    It’s been so dry here that there’s been a severe water conservation ordinance in place for a month, or so. Nobody told me. I powerwashed my deck last weekend and was later told by some friends that I would have been fined $500 if the cops had seen me.

10. 10 | June 29, 2013 1:15 pm

Doing a dod!

11. Calo
    11 | June 29, 2013 1:15 pm

@ huckfunn:
    93 right now and expected to go up to 103 today.
    I weeded a flower bed this morning and it felt like i had a wet towel over my face it was already so humid.

So, I’m miserable. Are you happy now? :lol:

12. 12 | June 29, 2013 1:16 pm

@ huckfunn:

Glenn Greenwald really did him damage.

13 | June 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Calo wrote:

So, I’m miserable. Are you happy now?

Made my day. :wink:

14 | June 29, 2013 1:22 pm

@ huckfunn:

Glenn Greenwald really did him damage.

I’ve seen the references to it but haven’t read Greenwald’s piece.

15. 15 | June 29, 2013 1:24 pm

82 on a sunny afternoon here in the lower Shenandoah… Probably won’t rain today, but probably will tomorrow.

16 | June 29, 2013 1:27 pm

@ huckfunn:

Glenn Greenwald really did him damage.

Even with special agent CF Johnson on the
    case . trying to discredit Greenwald.
    Charles always wades in way over his head.

17 | June 29, 2013 1:29 pm

@ Mike C.:
    Get a gig yet?

18. Guggi
    18 | June 29, 2013 1:31 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Those creepy climate scientists are all sh*tting in their pants b’cause there was no warming during the last 16 years and he claims “the 12 warmest years” during that time ? On which planet does he live ?

19. Guggi
    19 | June 29, 2013 1:34 pm

@ Calo:
    58 degrees here in the mountains.

54.6 degrees here *brrrrrr* and raining

20 | June 29, 2013 1:36 pm

Guggi wrote:

That would be Planet Zero. When he gave his big climate speech on Tuesday he repeated the big lie that “97% of climate scientists agree that the planet is warming”. Total crock. Of course I understand that he’s speaking to his base of worshipers.

21. 21 | June 29, 2013 1:46 pm

It just made Charles more hated by the Left.

22 | June 29, 2013 1:47 pm

Guggi wrote:

@ Calo:
    58 degrees here in the mountains.

54.6 degrees here *brrrrrr* and raining

I’ve got all of my windows open. As soon as the house is full of cool, I’ll close them all and lock in that nice coolness.

23 | June 29, 2013 1:50 pm

It just made Charles more hated by the Left.

Charles is not someone anybody can trust.
    a good example is when he tossed Sharmuta
    off of the sled to that crazy Iceweasel.
    Sharmuta would have opened a vein for CJ.

24. 24 | June 29, 2013 1:55 pm

That was disgusting what he did.

The new DOD is up!

25. 25 | June 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Calo wrote:

You have to screen cap that.

Heh heh heh…. screen captured and posted to my blog…. OUCH…. Now that’s going to leave a mark…..

26 | June 29, 2013 1:58 pm

That was disgusting what he did.

The new DOD is up!

It was & it established his poor character

27 | June 29, 2013 1:59 pm

Obama Calls Rubio To Congratulate Him On The Immigration Bill

I wonder if Rubio has the guts to show up at a TEA Party event. So easily corrputed

28 | June 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Shot & a goal! Congratulations.

29 | June 29, 2013 2:01 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Calo wrote:

You have to screen cap that.

Congrats on attaining such a lofty level in the blogoshpere.

30 | June 29, 2013 2:04 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

Obama Calls Rubio To Congratulate Him On The Immigration Bill

Sarah Palin also offers her contrats to Rubio.

“Obama Calls Rubio to Congratulate Him on Immigration Reform” http://t.co/K8FUXBsFhGHope it was worth 30 pieces of silver.

— Sarah Palin (@SarahPalinUSA) June 28, 2013

31. 31 | June 29, 2013 2:06 pm

@ Mike C.:
    Get a gig yet?

Unfortunately, no.

32 | June 29, 2013 2:07 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Rubio strated keeping bad company, McCain & Schumer.

33. 33 | June 29, 2013 2:10 pm

@ huckfunn:

Sigh… Sadly the truth is that it is not any lofty heights that I have soared to, but a demonstration of the depths to which the Ickyfish has fallen…

34 | June 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Heh

Country Club ticket means all the world to some

35 | June 29, 2013 2:18 pm

@ Mike C.:
    Do you mostly do data interpretation?

36 | June 29, 2013 2:19 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Rubio strated keeping bad company, McCain & Schumer.

Throw in Turbin and Menendez and you’ve got a real rogues gallery.

37 | June 29, 2013 2:20 pm

doriangrey wrote:

@ huckfunn:

Where is The Blogmacracy on that list? I couldn’t find us.

39 | June 29, 2013 2:25 pm

@ Bumr50:
    Very good. Thanks.

39. 40 | June 29, 2013 2:58 pm

@ Mike C.:
    Do you mostly do data interpretation?

Yup -- that’s me. Integrated G&G.

41 | June 29, 2013 3:14 pm

I’ve been watching a show about Caligula on the History Channel. He takes power by bribing the pretorian guard and having his uncle assassinated. Now he is the emperor and gives grand speeches before the senate. They love him. He orders a one time bonus of $1000 (in today’s money) to every citizen. He mingles with the people. The people love him. He parties with actors and celebrities at huge and lavish dinners. He greatly expands games in the public collesium. Then he sows discord and chaos in the Senate. He humiliates the senators. He essentially bankrupts the empire. At any rate, it was an interesting show. We should all feel comfortable that nothing like that could ever occur here. //

42 | June 29, 2013 3:27 pm

Obama Asks Americans To Declare They Won’t Vote For Those Who Won’t Bow To His Demands On Global Warming…

President Barack Obama is urging Americans to make climate change a political litmus test, asking them to declare they won’t vote for any politicians who don’t protect future generations from environmental devastation.

Obama says Americans are already paying the price for climate change, including in lost lives and hundreds of billions of dollars. He says America will be judged as a people and a nation by how it responds.

“If you agree with me, I’ll need you to act,” Obama says, appealing to Americans to spread the word to their family, friends and classmates. “Remind everyone who represents you, at every level of government, that there is no contradiction between a sound environment and a strong economy — and that sheltering future generations against the ravages of climate change is a prerequisite for your vote.”

43 | June 29, 2013 3:29 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ Mike C.:
    Do you mostly do data interpretation?

Yup — that’s me. Integrated G&G.

I know of a company that will be doing a fairly large shoot this summer. If you want, I’ll have the thread gods give you my email and I could give you the name of the company. Let me know.

44 | June 29, 2013 3:40 pm

@ 18 Guggi: man made global warming has to have a 100 year trends for me to believe in it. No hockey stick fudging either. A wildfire in colorado is zero evidence for creating GW policy

45 | June 29, 2013 3:45 pm

Obama’s astroturfed coal policy will force the Chinese to consume coal from other parts of the world with no clean coal standards. China will use US debt payments to environmentally destroy large swaths of Africa.

Sage nuclear power with an accident zone is the only way to make energy work. Containment needs to be modular, flexible, and reactive to changing technologies.

45. 46 | June 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Mike C. wrote:
    @ Mike C.:
    Do you mostly do data interpretation?
    Yup — that’s me. Integrated G&G.

I would appreciate that. Thank you. Thread gods, go ahead.

47 | June 29, 2013 3:51 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Rubio strated keeping bad company, McCain & Schumer.

Throw in Turbin and Menendez and you’ve got a real rogues gallery.

Durbin is the worst. His name might be Richard,
    but he will always be a Dick to me.

48 | June 29, 2013 3:53 pm

heysoos wrote:

@ Calo:
    58 degrees here in the mountains.

It’s supposed to hit 120 degrees here in Feenyx this afternoon.

Wish I was up in Flagstaff this weekend.

49 | June 29, 2013 3:57 pm

This is like when BHO told his supporters to “Get in their face.”
    Now he is spending $37M in the LA schools to brainwash
    school children to sell ObamaCare to their parents.
    It”s like the Young Pioneers in the old Soviet Union.

50 | June 29, 2013 3:58 pm

@ Mike C.:
    I told ‘em.

51 | June 29, 2013 4:01 pm

@ huckfunn:

I sent him your email address

52 | June 29, 2013 4:02 pm

Hey are you attending this?

Magpul to leave Colorado in grand style.

This Saturday yours truly will join Magpul, Free Colorado, and Revealing Politics for an epic send-off at Infinity Park. Before Colorado’s anti-Second Amendment laws kick in, Magpul will sell 20 and 30 round standard capacity magazines, in limited supply at the event, and the first 1500 through the gate will receive a free Magpul Gen M2 MOE 30 round magazine featuring either the Free Colorado or Boulder Airlift design, courtesy of Magpul Industries.

53 | June 29, 2013 4:03 pm

It”s like the Young Pioneers in the old Soviet Union.

They’ll probably start having kids inform on their parents, next

54 | June 29, 2013 4:04 pm

Thanks.

55 | June 29, 2013 4:04 pm

@ The Osprey:

Too far to drive just to buy some magazines that I don’t need, so no. I don’t own an AR.

56 | June 29, 2013 4:08 pm

It”s like the Young Pioneers in the old Soviet Union.

They’ll probably start having kids inform on their parents, next

Not far fetched anymore, is it?

57 | June 29, 2013 4:09 pm

Trayvon Martin’s Stepmother: I Don’t Think Zimmerman “Picked Him Out Because He Was Black”…

“No, I really don’t think it was Zimmerman don’t like black people, or he picked him out because he was black. Did he profile him with the hoodie and stuff like that as this thug, whatever, walking, in Zimmerman’s mind? Yes, but to say that he targeted him because he was black? No, I don’t–I don’t think so.”

58 | June 29, 2013 4:10 pm

Not far fetched anymore, is it?

Not in the least.

Remember the whole “Attack watch” debacle?

59 | June 29, 2013 4:11 pm

Not far fetched anymore, is it?

Not in the least.

Remember the whole “Attack watch” debacle?

I do.

59. 60 | June 29, 2013 4:12 pm

Thanks, Lobo. Ckeck yer e-maail, HF.

And ya gotta love that Magpul one last “Up yours!” to CO…

61 | June 29, 2013 4:13 pm

“What if Glenn Beck was right?”

I’ve seen this bumper sticker.

62 | June 29, 2013 4:17 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

“What if Glenn Beck was right?”

I’ve seen this bumper sticker.

I know that a lot of people don’t care for him for one reason or another, but I can’t really think of much that he’s been wrong about.

63 | June 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

“What if Glenn Beck was right?”

I’ve seen this bumper sticker.

He doesn’t sound quite as nutty anymore.

63. 64 | June 29, 2013 4:20 pm

@ The Osprey:

It’s too bad they aren’t stamped FUCK YOU COLORADO!

65 | June 29, 2013 4:27 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Ckeck yer e-maail, HF.

Got it. Check yers.

66 | June 29, 2013 4:37 pm

Macker wrote:

@ The Osprey:

It’s too bad they aren’t stamped FUCK YOU COLORADO!

They aren’t pissed at the whole state, just the liberal invaders from Commiefornia and the East.

66. 67 | June 29, 2013 4:41 pm

Done. THanks.

BTW, Lobo, how did the Henry and the Ruger check out at the range?

68 | June 29, 2013 4:42 pm

They’ll probably start having kids inform on their parents, next

It”s like the Young Pioneers in the old Soviet Union.

Here ya go. ‘Insider threat’? Program urging federal workers to tattle on each other raises concerns

Amid the furor in Washington over government leaks and media exposés, a little-known executive order signed by President Obama in October of 2011 could fuel the paranoia.

It requires government agencies to “implement an insider threat detection and prevention program” — in effect, ordering all government employees, regardless of security clearances or the sensitivity of their work, to police fellow workers as potential security threats, and report the suspicious behavior to superiors.

Asked Monday about the executive order, as first reported by McClatchy Newspapers, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said: “I confess I didn’t see the story. I’ll have to take the question.”

:roll:

69 | June 29, 2013 4:45 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Done. THanks.

You betcha.

70 | June 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Court Rules Government Cannot Fine Hobby Lobby For Failure To Adhere To Obamacare Birth Control Mandate While Case Is Still Pending

Hobby Lobby and a sister company will not be subject to $1.3 million in daily fines beginning Monday for failing to provide access to certain forms of birth control through its employees’ health care plans, a judge ruled Friday.

U.S. District Judge Joe Heaton set a hearing for July 19 to address claims by the owners of Hobby Lobby and the Mardel Christian bookstore chains that their religious beliefs are so deeply rooted that having to provide every form of birth control would violate their conscience.

The 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals had said Thursday the companies were likely to prevail, comparing the companies to a kosher butcher unwilling to adopt non-kosher practices as part of a government order.

Not coincidentally, Sebelius issued the final rules regarding this very issue on Friday, the day after the 10th Circuit said they were likely to lose.

71 | June 29, 2013 4:51 pm

@ huckfunn:
    So a tattle program is already in place.
    Brack Hussein has real strong totaliarian
    tendencies.

72 | June 29, 2013 4:54 pm

@ huckfunn:
    So a tattle program is already in place.
    Brack Hussein has real strong totaliarian
    tendencies.

Right out of Joe Stalin’s play book. He’s got the NSA, he’s got the drones, he’s got the IRS. He’s got the whole world in his hands. Sing along, now.

73 | June 29, 2013 4:54 pm

@ Mike C.:

BTW, Lobo, how did the Henry and the Ruger check out at the range?

The Henry shoots well. Slightly off to the right (about 1″ at 25 yards). Nice smooth action and trigger.

I mounted a scope on the 10/22 (one of these). It puts 5 rounds into a quarter at 50 yards, so I’m happy.

74 | June 29, 2013 4:57 pm

Looks like the czar of transparency isn’t so transparent.
    Homeland Security watchdog accused of whitewashing report.

The man in charge of policing waste, fraud and abuse at the federal government’s third-largest department has been accused of suppressing a politically sensitive report, violating anti-nepotism laws and misusing agency resources, according to a letter from the Senate Committee on Homeland Security.

Charles Edwards, deputy inspector general at the Department of Homeland Security and de facto head of the office, was ordered by Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill and Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson to provide sixteen separate document sets related to the allegations by July 19.

“This is supposed to be the most transparent administration in history, but we’re seeing a real pattern of this White House and their secretaries applying pressure to inspectors general to whitewash reports,” Johnson said in an interview with The Daily Caller News Foundation.

75 | June 29, 2013 4:58 pm

@ huckfunn:
    So a tattle program is already in place.
    Brack Hussein has real strong totaliarian
    tendencies.

Indeed.

76 | June 29, 2013 4:59 pm

@ huckfunn:

And all the phone and internet providers and search engines.

The only thing saving us is the fact that they’re collecting so much data that they literally can’t make use of it effectively.

77 | June 29, 2013 5:03 pm

There are now 2 or 3 new flappadoodles being revealed every day now. Hopefully all of these things will bring BO’s agenda to a grinding halt.

77. Calo
    78 | June 29, 2013 5:05 pm

Next up for tattling on non compliant family members are these teens enable by a government grant. Coming to a scool district near you soon

79 | June 29, 2013 5:16 pm

Pro-Obama Group To Try And Sign Up Mothers To Push Obamacare…

All those groups trying to get the “young, invincible” 20-somethings to sign up for Obamacare health insurance have identified a secret weapon.

Mom.

Advocacy groups from “Moms Rising” to AARP are working to reach the healthy, young adults who don’t think they need insurance — and their mothers who think they do. The groups plan to use everything from paid advertising — to guilt.

“We’re going for the heartstrings,” said Nicole Duritz, vice president of health and family education and outreach at AARP, which will be stepping up messaging later this summer as the Oct. 1 sign-up date nears. [...]

Moms Rising, which taps into social media and blogging with its health and wellness and health reform advocacy, is creating “Wellness Wonder Teams.” Women who sign up pledge to tell at least 10 other people about the law — and get a refrigerator magnet that says “Changing More Than Diapers.”

79. texasam7
    80 | June 29, 2013 5:26 pm

I remember a TV ad starring Canada’s climate fraudster David Suzuki, hanging out with kids in treehouses after dark, whispering about parents who “don’t believe in conserving”. Creepy as hell.

80. 81 | June 29, 2013 5:32 pm

Major wind storm came through the area Thurs. night. We lost power at around 7pm. Finally came up at 2:30 this afternoon. Time to throw everything in the fridge out. Thank God for friends with extra freezer space for everything else!

82 | June 29, 2013 5:54 pm

mfhorn wrote:

same here in ABQ…power was back on in a couple of hours…where are you if you don’t mind?

82. 83 | June 29, 2013 6:00 pm

@ heysoos:

The flatlands of Wichita, Kansas.

84 | June 29, 2013 6:01 pm

@ heysoos:

I’m so glad that we have underground power lines here.

I’ve lived here for 10 years now, and the power’s never gone out for more than a few minutes. And we get some serious wind here.

84. 85 | June 29, 2013 6:28 pm

I can see some pluses to underground lines. Until something goes wrong & they have to dig up the neighborhood!

I’ve thought that they should put utilities like electric, water & gas in a single underground culvert so everything could be accessed without digging, and with no worries about wind & tree limbs knocking things out.

86 | June 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Calo wrote:

And the brainwashing will be pid for by your money.

86. randian
    87 | June 29, 2013 11:48 pm

The efficiency mandates are killing clothes and dish washers. The only way to meet the new 2015 standards is to not use hot water and severely shorten wash cycles.

This month’s Consumer Digest has an article on washing machines. They talk all about how much money you will allegedly save using these new machines. Conspicuously, in making their Best Buy nomination they utter not one sentence on actual cleaning performance.