Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi OOT

by lobo91 ( 31 Comments › )
Filed under Music, OOT, Open thread at July 20th, 2013 - 1:40 am

Since it looks like the current occupant of the White House is determined to have all Americans singing the blues, we may as well get something for our money.

During one of the frequent White House soirees that are held in order to fill the spaces between the Obamas’ lavish vacations, Derek Trucks, his wife Susan Tedeschi and Warren Haynes performed the Etta James classic “I’d Rather Go Blind”:

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2burpTQSDMA

Comments

31 Responses to “Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi OOT”

1 | July 20, 2013 1:45 am

2 | July 20, 2013 1:49 am

3 | July 20, 2013 1:53 am

A 13 year old Derek Trucks opening for the Allman Brothers in 1993:

4 | July 20, 2013 2:02 am

An acoustic performance of “Rollin’ and Tumblin’” backstage before the White House concert above:

5. 5 | July 20, 2013 2:40 am

Hey, Lobo

I finished the Personal Protection class last night. Very enjoyable! I was the only student for it, so great 1 on 1 with the instructor. Good info, better half is out of town next week, so I can kind of work on some ideas for a ‘retreat’ plan but look at the rest of what was taught too if needed.

Next time I hit the range, I might have one of my friends work with me on engaging multiple targets.

I might hold off on the ‘outside the home’ class and go through the ‘defensive pistol’ classes instead.

6. Guggi
    6 | July 20, 2013 4:36 am

Princess Morales :-)

7. Calo
    8 | July 20, 2013 7:53 am

@ Guggi:
    That’s someone I’m suppose to know, isn’t it?

I’m clueless.

8. Guggi
    9 | July 20, 2013 7:56 am

@ Calo:

Evo Morales

10 | July 20, 2013 8:31 am

Good morning. We have an uotdoor cocert to go to today
    “Rockin the Troops”. The weather has coole off to the
    Mid 80′s, so should be nice..

11 | July 20, 2013 9:07 am

Ok, nobody here but me. I can say anything that I want.
    I have always wanted to say, um, er,
    Can’t think of anything.

11. 12 | July 20, 2013 9:25 am

TalkLeft basically calls Obama a racist:

The most objectionable part of his comments: Not once did he express any empathy for George Zimmerman, the man who was acquitted who spent the past 16 months under the cloud of criminal charges, and who continues to have a target on his back.

Obama said if Martin had been white the result would probably have been different. Not once did he acknowledge that if Trayvon Martin had not attacked George Zimmerman, the outcome might have been different.

That this is from a Lefty source is what is surprising. Most Leftists have gloamed onto the “Zimmerman is a RAAAAACIST” meme, and not looked back. In this instance TalkLeft is correct. Is not Zimmerman worthy of sympathy? He was the victim here, not Martin. This is taking the blaming the victim to a new level. He wasn[‘twearing too short a skirt. He was white and therefore deserved to be a victim. Martin was black, and therefore justified in his assault. I have to say, this is affecting my racial views. While not all blacks have adopted this mindset, it would be willful ignorance not to accept that this is the dominant mindset on that side of the fence.

13 | July 20, 2013 9:53 am

In the Chicago Tribune this morning, every op-ed cartoon is anti Zimmerman.
    Every letter to the Editor accuses Zimmerman of racism.
    The letters all say as undisputed fact that Zimmerman attcked Trayvon.
    Forget the jury, they just heard all the testimony & evidence.

13. 14 | July 20, 2013 10:06 am

The letters all say as undisputed fact that Zimmerman attcked Trayvon.

It is interesting to see them bend reality like that. There is absolutely no evidence that Zimmerman attacked Martin first. There is scads of evidence, including from his girlfriend (who apparently though he attacked first) that Martin attacked first. If Martin had been scared, he have gone inside his father’s fiancee’s house, and locked the door. Maybe even called the police and gotten a gun. All of that would have been reasonable if he had been scared. The evidence points to the fact that Martin didn’t do that, that he stalked Zimmerman, and that he attacked first. I’ve been stopped by undercover police when I was walking late at nicht, and had to produce identification, give a reason for being out late (insomnia and I needed to go to the ATM), and have my license ran by the police to make sure there were no outstanding warrents. I’m not black. This kind of thing can happen to anybody. I did not, and never even thought about, attack the police. As I said, they were undercover. The guy did show me a badge before he asked for my license.

15 | July 20, 2013 10:07 am

T-lala boo @MrsBling4life

Charles barkley you sell out buck dancin boot lickin sell out COON house nigga how dare you smh no ring havin ass
    5:56 PM -- 18 Jul 2013

HT Twitchy.
    It seems like the Obama core constituency did not take comments by
    Cosby & Barkley well.

16 | July 20, 2013 10:12 am

The historical revisionism on this trial has already begun.
    The false outrage is being gined up by the race hustlers, including Obama.
    His speech yesterday did nothing but encourage bad behavior.
    Any future injuries , or deaths will be on his hands.
    Fortunately for him, he can blame White racism for Black crime.

17 | July 20, 2013 10:13 am

Helen Thomas has died at 92 years of age.
    RIP

17. 18 | July 20, 2013 10:22 am

Wow, that is sooooo coherent. The sad fact is that most blacks (although certainly not all blacks) think Martin had the right to beat up Zimmerman. That is why they are so freaked out about Stand Your Ground. Stand Your Ground is a direct threat to the Criminal Class, and such threats aren’t to be taken lightly. A lot of blacks, including the President, put themselves in Martin’s shoes because they, too, want to have the right to beat up random white people. What is the incarceration rate for black males? I don’t know, but it is high. This gives some perspective:

According to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) non-Hispanic blacks accounted for 39.4% of the total prison and jail population in 2009.[46][not in citation given] According to the 2010 census of the US Census Bureau blacks (including Hispanic blacks) comprised 13.6% of the US population.[47][48][49]

Is this a sign of racism? Hardly. Blacks have a much greated incidence of criminality than other races. It is this fact that results in the so-called profiling controversy. It is just like with Muslim terrorists that all Muslims deserve more scruitney. As I said in my last post, I have been stopped walking at night before, and also there were two other incidences of the police asking me for Identification, one of which they actually stopped my car on the expressway just to run my licesne. I must have fit the description for a wanted fugitive. None of this hurt me in any significant way. I was obeying the law when each of these occured.

18. 19 | July 20, 2013 10:27 am

His speech yesterday did nothing but encourage bad behavior.

Like the Left blog I linked earlier pointed out, he showed absoluytely no sympathy for the real victim in this case. George Zimmerman’s life has been totally fucked up by this. He’ salready been maliciously prosecuted, now DoJ is looking for another malicious prosecution (they stand no chance of winning a Civil Rights suit), and also Zimmerman will no doubt be sued civilly as well. They don’t stand a chance of collecting there, either, because of Martin’s contributory negligence. Florida may even have a shield law that provides civil immunity for people who act in self-defense, and Zimmerman has been found by a court of law to have acted in self-defense.

20 | July 20, 2013 10:30 am

Obama talked about women clutching their purses o elevators when young Black Males got on.
    Duh, why would that be?/

21 | July 20, 2013 10:33 am

Obama pointedly offered no sympathy to the Zimmerman family, only the Martins.
    It is bizarre to keep hearing “Honoring the memory of Trayvon”
    In his young life he was a punk.

21. 22 | July 20, 2013 10:36 am

Yeah, all of this talk about “profiling” completely ignore the simple fact that more blacks commit crimes. Period. Half the murders in the United States are committed by blacks. Half, and those are mostly by black males ages 15-35. In a word, Martin’s demographic. If Zimmerman profiled him (or the the extent that he profiled him), it was because St. Skittles fit the profile. Down to his dope smoking and gangbanger wannabe persona. And the most salient fact remains that if Martin hadn’t attacked Zimmerman, he’d be alive today. Obama ignores that because that doesn’t support his agenda. The Left believe that they are not only entitled to their view of this, but to their own “facts” that run counter to the facts as established by a court o flaw.

23 | July 20, 2013 10:42 am

And if the family goes forward with this lawsuit against Zimmerman, all of that (and more) is going to come out at trial, unlike the criminal trial.

Not only will they lose, they’ll also lose much of the sympathy they have now due to an intentionally distorted picture that they and Angela Corey have put forth.

24 | July 20, 2013 10:48 am

High Number Of Chicago Killings? Illinois Dem State Rep: Maybe The Police Are Doing It

Illinois State Representative Monique Davis is blaming the Chicago Police Department for the high number of killings in the Windy City. She is not just blaming the CPD for bad policing, though. She wonders if the police are doing some of the killing.

Davis, a House member from Chicago’s South Side district, uttered the accusation on Detroit’s WCHB-AM radio on July 16.

“I’m going to tell you what some suspicions have been, and people have whispered to me: they’re not sure that black people are shooting all of these children,” Davis told the Detroit radio audience.

She continued saying, “There’s some suspicion — and I don’t want to spread this, but I’m just going to tell you what I’ve been hearing — they suspect maybe the police are killing some of these kids.”

25 | July 20, 2013 10:50 am

Also,as I understand it , it is not illegal for a private citizen to profile.
    Neighborhood watch did not take away his private citizenship.
    Off for a bike ride. See ya.

25. 26 | July 20, 2013 10:55 am

they suspect maybe the police are killing some of these kids.”

I guess it is Chicago, so maybe this is possible? The cops there are corrupt, as is the bulk of city government. Still, I highly doubt that this is the case. Why would the cops be killing these kids? Thinning the gangbanger herd? Because that is what most of these “kids” are. There are of course exceptions to that. Iread the toher day that one of the recent youths killed in Chicage was killed by a gang because he wouldn’t join them. I think it is much more likely that these are gangbanger offing other gangbangers. That’s one reason they don’t get as much sympathy as the “twelve year old” Trayvon Martin got. The simplest hypothesis is usually the correct one. It is really unethical for this person, a Democrat, no doubt, to be giving creedance to unsupported rumor. This has a ring of “Truther” Conspiracy to it. I doubt that the Chicago police want their murder rate to be so high

26. 27 | July 20, 2013 10:57 am

I don’t see how they get around Martin’s contributory neglivgence here. He had ample time to retreat to the safety of his home, and instead went looking for conflict. Their case ends when the Defense puts up Rachel Jeantel as a hostile witness and she admits that she thinks Martin threw the first punch.

27. texasam7
    28 | July 20, 2013 10:59 am

“I don’t want to spread this,” she whispered as she was spreading it.

28. 29 | July 20, 2013 11:00 am

Also,as I understand it , it is not illegal for a private citizen to profile.

NO, it is not. Zimmerman acted wholly within the law. I think he has a couple of more trials before he is free and clear, but I think he’ll win those cases unless Holder insists on an all black jury. I think that DoJ is looking for Punishment by Process. They can’t put Zimmerman in jail, but they can make his life unlivable.

30 | July 20, 2013 11:03 am

texasam7 wrote:

“I don’t want to spread this,” she whispered as she was spreading it.