Meanwhile In Download City… OOT

by Macker ( 195 Comments › )
Filed under OOT, Satire at July 20th, 2013 - 11:00 pm

My thanks to Alberta Oil Peon for his suggestion!

Never mind which level of Hell they’re on…
“You gotta be kidding me!” Saddam exclaimed under his breath as he rushed to the central command hub of the base ship. After the last debacle which transformed him, Barney Frank, Fred Phelps, and John Cavil into pillars of salt, the former Iraqi dictator was very loathe to step foot onto the abomination which it had become.
But, a request from his boss (not necessarily The Devil) was not simply a request, and so he went straightaway.
Fifteen minutes later (considered immediate in the Infernal Realm), Saddam arrived, and he found Cavil in the darkened control tub location. “OK Cavil! Who have you conjured up this time?”
The Number One Cylon laughed. “I assure you no conjuration was necessary. She just arrived today.” He plugged the cable in and the tank lit up the entire room.
“Son of a bitch! HELEN THOMAS!” He silently thanked both his bosses that he didn’t have to throw his shoe like he wanted to do with Nancy Pelosi back in the day. “Man, you sure work fast!”
“You’re welcome,” replied Cavil. “By the way, the Boss will still have her fulfill her Punishment Battalion duties when needed. At least we now have fresh DNA instead of a transmitted sequence the last two times I tried this.”
“Awaiting instructions,” said the Hybrid. The ship throbbed.
“So,” Cavil inquired. “Who would you like to invite to this unveiling?”
Saddam had to think for a moment. “I have two people in mind, both of whom were her peers when she began her career at the White House. May I go and fetch them?”

“Certainly,” smiled the Toaster.

Thirty minutes later (not considered immediate), the Iraqi returned with Ted Kennedy and Fidel Castro! The Senator thoughtfully brought along his best bottle of scotch when Saddam asked him to attend. The Cuban dictator dutifully carried a box of cigars and a lighter.
Cavil retrieved some shot glasses from a nearby cupboard in his office, poured out the scotch (sans ice of course), and passed them around.
WHOOOOAAAAHHHH!” Kennedy happily muttered. “I’m not even gonna ask.”
“Good thing too, Comrade Ted,” Castro replied. “If there’s one…ahem!…good thing I can say about The Opposing One, He knows who to send our way.”
“Indeed.” Cavil was even enjoying the cigar, the scotch, and the company, a rarity for him.
After another fifteen minutes, everyone was satisfied. “Let us begin,” said The Number One Cylon. “Hybrid…status, please.”
“A teacher praised my work, and I liked the bylines..all systems nominal, FTL online, weapons systems online…When you’re having fun, why stop having fun…end of line.”
Saddam shook his head. “Don’t look at me. I know better!”
“Comrade Fidel?” Cavil shook his head. “I suppose I owe you one after the unceremonious matter in which you arrived here.”
“Thank you.” Castro placed his hands into the nearby data stream water console, and simply said, “I miss Havana.”
Ted Kennedy gasped. “Holy Crap! We can’t go there! That’s outside the Infernal Realm!”
Cavil stroked his chin. “An interesting choice, actually. Hmmm….”
The Hybrid complied. “We won’t really know what will happen until it happens…JUMP! The Hybrid arched its back in ecstatic transition. One moment the base ship serenely floated above the ancient fortress…
…the next, it appeared over the exact same coordinates. Except inside the ship, the atmospheric pressure was rapidly dropping! Cavil, Saddam, Kennedy, and Castro began to turn blue as they reached for the next breath which would never come; not even the Number One Cylon had a chance to utter his last words as the Hybrid issued its status since it was unharmed.
“I’m a liberal, I was born a liberal, and I will be a liberal till the day I die…internal life support offline, FTL offline, weapons systems offline…Oh my God, they’re going to fire me…end of line.”
In a corner of the control tank area, two figures observed the Centurions enter to retrieve the corpses; since the Bulletheads did not rely on oxygen, it was simply business as usual for them.
“Will they ever learn?” said the male.
The female shook her head. “I highly doubt it.” Then they vanished.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

195 Responses to “Meanwhile In Download City… OOT”

1 | July 20, 2013 11:26 pm

That’s creepy-ass, you crackah…

2. yenta-fada
    2 | July 20, 2013 11:36 pm

@Macker

I can’t help thinking that ‘Download City’ is a guy thing.

3. yenta-fada
    3 | July 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Wherever Helen is, I pray she’s with her soulmate.

4 | July 20, 2013 11:43 pm

@ yenta-fada:

I don’t get it either

5. AZfederalist
    5 | July 20, 2013 11:44 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Pretty sure you can rest assured she is. Unfortunately for both of them. Their time of grace expired and they failed to realize it.

6. 6 | July 20, 2013 11:49 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Here’s a Compendium I published after Episode X, which gives a better explanation.

7. CynicalConservative
    7 | July 20, 2013 11:57 pm

I never got it either. Doesn’t matter; here for the commentary when the thread topic leaves me cross-eyed.

/galt

8. yenta-fada
    8 | July 21, 2013 12:05 am

CynicalConservative wrote:

/galt

Lurker! lol

9. CynicalConservative
    9 | July 21, 2013 12:06 am

@ yenta-fada:
    That would be the original lurker… before I went galt….

/galt

10 | July 21, 2013 12:13 am

Jeanine Pirro was on fire again tonight in her opening segment:

“Johar, you’re not the one in pain. You’re not a rock star. You’re not a cover boy. You’re a damn terrorist, the spawn of Satan, who should go directly to hell, sooner rather than later.”

Subtle she’s not…

11. yenta-fada
    11 | July 21, 2013 12:21 am

Iowahawk’s twitter has a great list of ‘RollingStoneCoverIdeas’ e.g.

LYLE & ERIK The Menendez Brothers Replace the Jonases as America’s Hottest Sibling Act #RollingStoneCoverIdeas

12. yenta-fada
    12 | July 21, 2013 12:22 am

@ yenta-fada:

13 | July 21, 2013 12:44 am

It’s too quiet in here.

14 | July 21, 2013 12:46 am

Leia just woke up and came into the living room.

Rush is her favorite band.

15 | July 21, 2013 12:52 am

16. yenta-fada
    16 | July 21, 2013 1:00 am

‘night, lobo & leia :-)

17 | July 21, 2013 1:07 am

@ yenta-fada:

Good night

18. 18 | July 21, 2013 1:20 am

Subtle she’s not…

Heh heh heh, I rather like her frank manner of speech… :twisted:

19 | July 21, 2013 1:26 am

So, I’m off to LA and OC for three days tomorrow. With any luck I won’t get caught up in any Trayvon riots.

20 | July 21, 2013 1:29 am

I do too.

Have you seen her speech at the NRA Annual Meeting?

“Welcome to the United States of America, where a dead terrorist bomber from Chechnya has more rights than an American citizen, a district attorney, a judge, a corrections officer, and law-abiding citizens.”

21 | July 21, 2013 1:31 am

@ The Osprey:

Good luck.

I haven’t set foot in the People’s Republic of California since 1976, aside from when I was ordered there by the military.

22 | July 21, 2013 1:34 am

Next time I’m in Sandy Eggo I need to try and meet up with Dorian for a few brews if he is up for it.

23 | July 21, 2013 1:47 am

Leia really wanted to be Neil Peart when she was a puppy.

24 | July 21, 2013 1:54 am

25. 25 | July 21, 2013 1:59 am

The Osprey wrote:

Did somebody say beer? :twisted:

26. 26 | July 21, 2013 3:14 am

yenta-fada wrote:

@Macker
    I can’t help thinking that ‘Download City’ is a guy thing.

Nah. I’ve never understood either. Sorry, Macker.

27. 27 | July 21, 2013 3:16 am

The Osprey wrote:

Where you gonna be? I’ll buy you part of a beer.

28. 28 | July 21, 2013 3:47 am

I thought LA and OC were supposed to have been leveled by the TM riots?

29. 29 | July 21, 2013 3:53 am

@ Mike C.:

Aside from boycotting Disney World, oranges and FL in general, apparently “Justice for TM” included boycotting Foot Locker, anything connected (or not) with the Koch brothers, and probably all the rest of the normal leftist crap. I’m sure if you could get a large enough pile of photo evidence, you would find some Keystone Pipeline, Communist Party, pro-abortion and OWS signs on display as well, all of which I’m sure TM cared deeply about (/).

Behold the power of “The Hipsters”… As one of the guys at Power Line put it, “the usual suspects.”

30. 30 | July 21, 2013 5:03 am

Excellent summary spotted on DoD.

31. 31 | July 21, 2013 7:47 am

Slow morning…

32. 32 | July 21, 2013 8:09 am

Go To Hell, Go Directly To HELL, Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200!

33. 33 | July 21, 2013 10:01 am

MOre evidence that Obama is not a Christian:

WASHINGTON, July 20, 2013 – President Obama said that Jesus Christ is one among other sons of God.

Scripture does not agree with that; it uses the definite article “THE.”

The bible declares Jesus to be the Son of God; Obama considers Jesus Christ to be A son of God. The possibilities are three-fold: Both the Bible and Obama are wrong; the Bible only is correct; or Obama only is correct.

Both cannot be correct.

I f Obama believes that there are other sons of God, then he is not a Christian. I sMohammed consdered in their company? Almost no doubt about that. As I haver said many times, I do not believe Obama is a Muslim. I believe that he, like most of the Democrat upper ranks, is an Atheist. Obama knows no other god before himself (isn’t that thepurest form of Idolatry?). But he has a special fellow-feeling for Muslims. There is no doubt that if he acknowledged a god, that god would be the god of the Muslims, not the God of the Christians.

34 | July 21, 2013 11:17 am

Tiger Woods isn’t in control of his energy. Too much negative. He loses gallery support and clouds decision making.

35. brookly red
    35 | July 21, 2013 11:20 am

here’s a little ditty to piss me off on a Sunday morning.

36 | July 21, 2013 11:20 am

It’s Obama type corruption that put Detroit in the red.

37 | July 21, 2013 11:31 am

@ 35 brookly red: Corruption. We probably send food aid via the federal government to the same households. I am hard pressed to find food stamp recipients that actually need the assistance.

The two people I know locally that use them are both working under the table. And their paychecks go to booze and drugs and the kids get neglected. And the welfare agencies were notified of the situation and choose to ignore it. Ditto the IRS ignores it.

38 | July 21, 2013 11:31 am

39 | July 21, 2013 11:34 am

Bunk X wrote:

The Osprey wrote:

Where you gonna be? I’ll buy you part of a beer.

I’l be in staying in Burbank tonight and Monday night, Irvine on Tuesday night, fly back to PHX out of John Wayne on Wednesday eve.

40. brookly red
    40 | July 21, 2013 11:43 am

darkwords wrote:

I know many people that actually need/deserve food aid for the short term, people fall on hard times-it happens. But food aid as a way of life is ripe with corruption.

41 | July 21, 2013 11:55 am

@ darkwords:

If it’s the British Open, why do they keep calling it “The Open Championship?”

42 | July 21, 2013 12:02 pm

Hamas Mourns Death Of Helen Thomas…

It might not be the way most high-profile journalists would like to be remembered.

Not long after the passing of veteran American journalist Helen Thomas yesterday, aged 92, Hamas’ very own “military wing”, the Izzedeene al-Qassam Brigades, posted on its website a heartfelt eulogy.

The post – highlighted by the Elder of Zion blog – was entitled: “Rest in Peace Helen Thomas. We respect you for taking a stand.”

43 | July 21, 2013 12:06 pm

@ Bumr50:Like a football verus futbol thing.

44 | July 21, 2013 12:07 pm

It seems like the Seattle Sounders are in a major soccer championship series every weekend. I can’t keep track. I just know on then news it is always for a cup.

45. Guggi
    45 | July 21, 2013 12:08 pm

Al Sharpton in his own words

46 | July 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Here is good gun control.

47. brookly red
    47 | July 21, 2013 12:38 pm

Guggi wrote:

Al Sharpton in his own words

Since Sharpton uses the title Reverend, I feel that it is fair to denounce him on spiritual grounds, that is that Jesus spoke plainly about hypocrites and no doubt he too shall have his reward.

I just went to pick up my laundry and the TV in the laundromat had on some lib show “Like it Is” I think (could be wrong) and there was some Black lady from Harlem on who also described herself as a reverend… she was comparing Martian to Jesus and said the hoodie was the new cross.

I think we are in a very bad place.

48 | July 21, 2013 12:45 pm

A similar case to Zimmerman’s

49 | July 21, 2013 12:47 pm

@ 47 brookly red: Al Sharpton violates a few of the commandments I think. With no regrets.

50 | July 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Greetings y’all. I didn’t see McCain on with Candie Crowley this morning.
    I did see some footage though of McCain praising Obama for his race mongering speech the other day.
    It’s past time for McCain to go away,

51. brookly red
    51 | July 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Greetings y’all. I didn’t see McCain on with Candie Crowley this morning.
    It’s past time for McCain to go away,

The thing I really fear about the race mongering is that Blacks are 11-12 percent of the population and (some are) actively pushing for confrontation… I am pretty good with numbers I don’t see this ending well.

52 | July 21, 2013 1:11 pm

@ brookly red:

Obama is playing a dangerous game with his race mongering.
    Not dangerous for him, but for innocent people that can get hurt.
    Race was not an issue in The Zimmerman Trial, even the prosecution said that.
    Stand your Ground was not at issue.
    I can imagine him , Mooch, Jarett & Holder discussing a race strategy.

53. brookly red
    53 | July 21, 2013 1:17 pm

@ brookly red:

Obama is playing a dangerous game with his race mongering.
    Not dangerous for him, but for innocent people that can get hurt.
    Race was not an issue in The Zimmerman Trial, even the prosecution said that.
    Stand your Ground was not at issue.
    I can imagine him , Mooch, Jarett & Holder discussing a race strategy.

well I think what we are seeing now is a result of that discussion

54 | July 21, 2013 1:32 pm

@ brookly red:

And the also tend to be self-segregated into a few small areas.

They’re about 2% of the population in Colorado, and probably less than 1% in Colorado Springs. Not enough for them to even think about causing trouble here.

Sure, they’re almost 100% of the population on the south side of Chicago, but who are they going to attack? Each other?

55. brookly red
    55 | July 21, 2013 1:36 pm

@ brookly red:

And the also tend to be self-segregated into a few small areas.

well yes they attack each other in Chicago anyway, but I remember when Jackson tried to shake down Coors over their lack of Black employees. The Official response was “well if any Blacks ever actually apply to work here we will seriously consider their applications”

56. 56 | July 21, 2013 1:38 pm

brookly red wrote:

I agree. Their desire to “start a race war” to get reparations for slavery is really suicidal. THere drive to be Masters of a racial caste system are going to prove futile. There simply aren’t enough whites like Chrissy Matthews to give them the boost they need to achieve their dream. I don’ tknow what is going to happen. Whites that feel this way (i.e. in favor of a race war) are few and far in between, which is good, but whies are going to resent abd eventually will fight against being relegated to near slave status to please this vocal minority.

57. 57 | July 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Hey -- I’m happy to drive south and have a beer with BOTH of ya!

58. Guggi
    58 | July 21, 2013 1:39 pm

@ brookly red:
    And the also tend to be self-segregated into a few small areas.

I guess he would agree with you

59 | July 21, 2013 1:40 pm

@ brookly red:

Exactly. If they don’t apply for jobs, mainly because there pretty much aren’t any in the area, what’s the company supposed to do? Import them from elsewhere?

I’m guessing there aren’t a lot of black workers in the oil fields in South Dakota, either.

60. brookly red
    60 | July 21, 2013 1:44 pm

it would be a hoot if oil was found under Chicago…

61 | July 21, 2013 1:46 pm

well I think what we are seeing now is a result of that discussion

Yup

62. 62 | July 21, 2013 1:50 pm

That is SOP. Half the murders in the United States (roughly) are black on black homicide. The only thing the Left proposes to do with that is disarm law abiding blacks. Can’t have honest citizens shooting honest criminals when that criminal commits a violent crime against them. It is so interesting to me that there is a case almost identical to Zimmerman’s but the assailent was white and the defender was black. The results of the trial were the same. So when Obama opins that a black could never shoot a white in self-defense is completely refuted.

63. Guggi
    63 | July 21, 2013 1:54 pm

brookly red wrote:

she was comparing Martian to Jesus and said the hoodie was the new cross.

I think Sharpton said something similar.

They are really out of controll.

64 | July 21, 2013 2:00 pm

When has the left ever used facts to argue anything?

65. 65 | July 21, 2013 2:01 pm

@ Guggi:

Martin was a martyer to Black Supremacy. A substantial, very vocal, number of blacks thing Zimmerman should have just let Martin beat him unconscious (if not to death). That just simply isn’t going to fly in Florida. It is my understanding that Florida has a shield law shielding people who act in self-defense against civil liability. If what I’ve read is correct, the Martins aren’t going to find much joy in the no doubt planned wrongful death lawsuit, and I don’t see any real evidence to bring a civil rights charge. That probably won’t stop Holder from filing the charges.

66 | July 21, 2013 2:02 pm

McRINO: States Must Review “Stand Your Ground” Laws…

Obama’s biggest supporter

68 | July 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Obama whines (probably falsely) about having been followed while he was walking around in a department store, and everyone swoons.

This “conversation on race” is a monologue.

What does he think would happen to a white person who accidentally found him- (or worse, her-)self in the wrong part of Chicago, Oakland, Detroit, or LA? I’m guessing that being “followed” would be the least of their problems.

But nobody wants to talk about that.

68. 69 | July 21, 2013 2:18 pm

When has the left ever used facts to argue anything?

True that. The Prosecution in the Zimmerman case was not relying on the facts of the situation. They wanted this judged by emotion, not by facts. Obama is doing the same with ObamaCare. Costs are going up in nearly every market, but because they have gone down a little in a couple of markets Obama is claiming that ObamaCare lowers premiums. This is counterfactual, but that is their arguement. If the facts don’t fit the narrative, the facts must be changed.

69. 70 | July 21, 2013 2:22 pm

This “conversation on race” is a monologue.

I have been stopped by the police a number of times just to check my ID. Sometimes that was because of profiling. People that look like me are dispraportionally perpertrators of crime. How much harm was done to be by this profiling? It is like voter ID. People who are against it are people that plan on breakihng the law.

70. brookly red
    71 | July 21, 2013 2:23 pm

Guggi wrote:

brookly red wrote:

she was comparing Martian to Jesus and said the hoodie was the new cross.

I think Sharpton said something similar.

They are really out of controll.

they have done much wrong but it is not for me to judge in that sense, they take the name of the Lord in vain and for all to see.

72 | July 21, 2013 2:25 pm

True that. The Prosecution in the Zimmerman case was not relying on the facts of the situation. They wanted this judged by emotion, not by facts -@ Iron Fist:

Juan Williams is upset that the verdict did not reflect compassion for the Martin family.
    What I am hearing from him and other Black commenters is a basic failure to grasp the purpose of our system of justice system.
    The purpose of this trial was to find Zimmerman guilty or not guilty, not to make the parents feel better.

72. brookly red
    73 | July 21, 2013 2:25 pm

This “conversation on race” is a monologue.

/shoplifting is a gateway crime… if you get away with stealing sneakers what is to stop you from stealing elections?

73. poteen
    74 | July 21, 2013 2:28 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Bunk X wrote:
    The Osprey wrote:
    Where you gonna be? I’ll buy you part of a beer.

Hell, I’ll buy the other half plus a round when you’re in Irvine. Lemme know. Bunk has my e-mail. ( I know all the good bars. Some even respectable establishments.)

74. brookly red
    75 | July 21, 2013 2:28 pm

and so will be the next one…

76 | July 21, 2013 2:29 pm

Former Auto Czar Steven Rattner: We have to step in and save Detroit

The man who led the restructuring of General Motors and Chrysler is urging both the state and federal governments to help Detroit.

The comments from Steven Rattner came in an opinion piece titled “We Have to Step In and Save Detroit” posted on the website of the New York Times .

In the piece, Rattner writes that reluctance by the state and federal government to provide “financial assistance” to Detroit is “a mistake.”

Rattner writes:

No one likes bailouts or the prospect of rewarding Detroit’s historic fiscal mismanagement. But apart from voting in elections, the 700,000 remaining residents of the Motor City are no more responsible for Detroit’s problems than were the victims of Hurricane Sandy for theirs, and eventually Congress decided to help them.

Yeah…60 years of gross mismanagement by Democrats is just like a hurricane…

Not sure why we’d want to take financial advice from the guy who managed the bailouts of GM and Chrysler, anyway. When do we get repaid for the $36 billion worth of GM stock we still own?

76. brookly red
    77 | July 21, 2013 2:34 pm

well there you have it, if congress helps them the same way they helped the Sandy victims they are fucked.

78 | July 21, 2013 2:35 pm

That too

79 | July 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Revolutionary Communist Speaker: People’s Outrage Over Trayvon Must Be Unleashed

Just in case anyone is still of the mistaken belief that these people actually give a crap about Trayvon Martin or any other black person. Now the Communists are latching onto this as a way to push their agenda.

79. 80 | July 21, 2013 2:46 pm

No verdict but guilty would have pleased the black community, and there was not enough evidence to support a guilty verdict. Not even really to raise a suspicion of the “depraved indifference” that was required for a Second Degree Murder charge. I know when I’ve been a victim of violent crime the police weren’t trying to make me feel better.

81 | July 21, 2013 2:48 pm

poteen wrote:

The Osprey wrote:

Bunk X wrote:
    The Osprey wrote:
    Where you gonna be? I’ll buy you part of a beer.

Bunk has mine as well.

81. brookly red
    82 | July 21, 2013 2:48 pm

the word “people’s” implies a vast majority… again numbers matter. if the “people’s” outrage really were to be unleashed I don’t think she(?) would be here to see the outcome.

83 | July 21, 2013 2:51 pm

@ brookly red:

There were something like 100 people at that event.

In Seattle.

84 | July 21, 2013 2:52 pm

brookly red wrote:

and so will be the next one…

I doubt that Holder will actually bring charges.
    Zimmerman will be tied up in civil suits though.

84. brookly red
    85 | July 21, 2013 2:53 pm

@ brookly red:

There were something like 100 people at that event.

In Seattle.

*sigh* the real question is not did the neighbor watch guy do wrong, the question is why do we need a neighborhood watch in the first freaking place.

85. 86 | July 21, 2013 2:55 pm

Like I said earlier, if I understand Florida law Zimmerman is shielded from civil liability because he was found to have acted in self-defense. That is the critical fact that most blacks and all of the Left can’t seem to get. They don’t want to get that. When the Zimmermans’ get their civil case tossed by becvause of the shield law, look for more vocal attacks on the right to self-defense from the Democrats.

86. brookly red
    87 | July 21, 2013 2:56 pm

brookly red wrote:

and so will be the next one…

I doubt that Holder will actually bring charges.
    Zimmerman will be tied up in civil suits though.

his defense fund may make more than many campaign funds… if fact he should run for office. Move over tea party the stand your ground party is here.

88 | July 21, 2013 2:56 pm

@ brookly red:

That’s not a question that they want to address.

88. brookly red
    89 | July 21, 2013 3:01 pm

@ brookly red:

That’s not a question that they want to address.

well it’s like global warming 2 can play this game… the facts are there, the numbers don’t lie, the threat is eminent we must act!

89. eaglesoars
    90 | July 21, 2013 3:05 pm

brookly red wrote:

if fact he should run for office.

I think his brother -- a very articulate person -- said he’s thinking about going to law school

90. brookly red
    91 | July 21, 2013 3:06 pm

brookly red wrote:

if fact he should run for office.

I think his brother — a very articulate person — said he’s thinking about going to law school

so I can give up on the creepy ass cracka party?

92 | July 21, 2013 3:06 pm

@ brookly red:

Chris Wallace had Donna Edwards (D-MD) on this morning, and raised the issue of how blacks make up 13% of the population and commit 50% of the murders, and that 93% of black murder victims are killed by other blacks. When he suggested that that was more important than one neighborhood watch guy killing someone in self defense in Florida, Edwards blamed those facts on “lax gun laws,” poverty, underfunded schools, etc.

Nothing is ever their fault.

92. 93 | July 21, 2013 3:10 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Hey — I’m happy to drive south and have a beer with BOTH of ya!

Sounds like fun.

93. brookly red
    94 | July 21, 2013 3:11 pm

@ brookly red:

Nothing is ever their fault.

if there is a silver lining to the Obama presidency it is proof that there is no limit to which a Black person can rise to in this country so STFU it’s over and it is your fault.

94. eaglesoars
    95 | July 21, 2013 3:13 pm

brookly red wrote:

so I can give up on the creepy ass cracka party?

oh hell no -too much fun

95. eaglesoars
    96 | July 21, 2013 3:15 pm

underfunded schools,

yeah I saw that. I expected him to come right back with the stats on DC public schools -- most money per capita and some of the worst results in the country

but he didn’t

97 | July 21, 2013 3:21 pm

I wasn’t aware of that. That would great.
    The Homeowners Association should not have settled.

97. brookly red
    98 | July 21, 2013 3:24 pm

underfunded schools,

yeah I saw that. I expected him to come right back with the stats on DC public schools — most money per capita and some of the worst results in the country

but he didn’t

well that is what I am trying to say, we all know the truth and yet we sit on our hands… the race baiters are about to shoot them selves in the foot big time.

99 | July 21, 2013 3:27 pm

@ brookly red:

I think that Zimmerman now wants to lead a quiet, peaceful life, not run for anything.

99. brookly red
    100 | July 21, 2013 3:30 pm

@ brookly red:

well they would do well to leave him alone then because a cornered animal is dangerous

101 | July 21, 2013 3:36 pm

@ brookly red:
    The race hustlers need to let the Zimmerman verdict go.
    But, it is good for business.

101. brookly red
    102 | July 21, 2013 3:40 pm

@ brookly red:
    The race hustlers need to let the Zimmerman verdict go.
    But, it is good for business.

fe fe fi fi fo fo fum…

102. eaglesoars
    103 | July 21, 2013 3:41 pm

brookly red wrote:

the people I would like to corner are his parents. Trayvon was a punk if not an outright thug who did drugs to the point he impaired his liver. WTF were they doing?

103. brookly red
    104 | July 21, 2013 3:43 pm

brookly red wrote:

chillin and spending our money

105 | July 21, 2013 3:44 pm

Time to let some light into the old hanger and dust off the ‘Flying Pig’

ACLU to Holder: Zimmerman case is over

In a letter from the ACLU to Attorney General Eric Holder:

We are writing to clearly state the ACLU’s position on whether or not the Department of Justice (DOJ) should consider bringing federal civil rights or hate crimes charges as a result of the state court acquittal in the George Zimmerman case. Even though the Supreme Court permits a federal prosecution following a state prosecution, the ACLU believes the Double Jeopardy Clause of the Constitution protects someone from being prosecuted in another court for charges arising from the same transaction. A jury found Zimmerman not guilty, and that should be the end of the criminal case.

Read the rest here (pdf file). There is some predictable ACLU language (such as reiterating the “racist cop” stereotype), but glad to see they’re at least acknowledging the absurdity of charging Zimmerman with hate crimes or civil rights violations.

105. 106 | July 21, 2013 3:49 pm

Yeah, they probably thought it was cheaper to settle than it was to litigate it. I don’ tknow that the Civil Immunity would apply to the HOA, but it looks like it should. Zimmerman can’t settle out of court, though. He doesn’t have the money to give.

106. eaglesoars
    107 | July 21, 2013 3:50 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

hold on a second. look at the wording.Da_Beerfreak wrote:

holder isn’t looking at criminal charges, he’s looking at civil charges.

107. brookly red
    108 | July 21, 2013 3:50 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Time to let some light into the old hanger and dust off the ‘Flying Pig’

ACLU to Holder: Zimmerman case is over

In a letter from the ACLU to Attorney General Eric Holder:

exactly, even the ACLU gets it, we are about 1 more executive fiat away from “American Spring” and mind you I am not the internet gun nut hot head, I am the registered Democrat from liberal NYC… enough is enough

109 | July 21, 2013 4:00 pm

No. Zimmerman doesn’t have much cash now.
    But he could make out well in a civil suit for defamation, for doctoring of the audio tapes to make him look racist.

109. Alberta Oil Peon
    110 | July 21, 2013 4:03 pm

brookly red wrote:

Everything but parenting him. They were about the shittiest parents a kid could have short of actually physically abusing him.

110. 111 | July 21, 2013 4:08 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    hold on a second. look at the wording.Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    holder isn’t looking at criminal charges, he’s looking at civil charges.

No. A civil rights violation is a federal crimminal charge.

112 | July 21, 2013 4:09 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

hold on a second. look at the wording.Da_Beerfreak wrote:

holder isn’t looking at criminal charges, he’s looking at civil charges.

Some ‘wiggle room’. Time will tell if it is anything more than the ACLU in CYA mode… :wink:

113 | July 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Can the DOJ even sue Zimmerman in a civil proceeding?

114 | July 21, 2013 4:12 pm

@ Bumr50:

Not that “not being able to” has ever stopped this regime before…

115 | July 21, 2013 4:29 pm

Trayvon-Schmayvon. Meanwhile, back in Chi-Town 6 dead, 17 wounded in shootings since Friday night.

Six men have been killed and at least another 17 people — including a 6-year-old girl — have been wounded in shootings across the city since Friday night.

Where’s the outrage from the race pimps?

116 | July 21, 2013 4:34 pm

@ huckfunn:

Where’s the outrage from the race pimps?

It was already dismissed this morning on Fox News Sunday. Those deaths are our fault, for not properly funding the public schools or something.

117 | July 21, 2013 4:40 pm

Oh, Lordy. The real reason might have something to do with the fact that there’s no payola in solving the problem of black on black crime. The real juice is in shaking down Disney and the Florida citrus industry.

118 | July 21, 2013 4:44 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Chicago has a new plan…

Chicago’s new war on guns: Letters

Chicago police are going to hand deliver letters to people suspected of committing or being victims of gun crimes in an effort to stem violence in the city, according to a new report.

Starting Friday, a district commander will be delivering letters warning certain targets in that district not to commit violent crimes, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

The pilot program is targeting individuals off a “heat list” developed by a Yale professor, who studied murders on Chicago’s West Side between 2005 and 2010 and found a small network of people was responsible for more than 70 percent of the killings, according to the Sun-Times.

The letters warn people who have been put on the list that they will be charged with the most serious crime possible if they are arrested for a violent offense.

The Chicago Police Department has identified 400 individuals, or 20 people in each police district, for the list, police told the Sun-Times. Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy told the paper it’s an effort to “put those guys on notice” and say “we know who you are, we know what you do.”

The ‘Strongly Worded Letter’ will surely fill them with fear…

118. eaglesoars
    119 | July 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

The ‘Strongly Worded Letter’ will surely fill them with fear…

what’s the literacy rate among the gang bangers in Chi town?

119. eaglesoars
    120 | July 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Well according to Kirsten Powers, the white community expresses concern about black-on-black violence only when we want to ‘stick it to the blacks’.

121 | July 21, 2013 4:55 pm

@ huckfunn:

They’ve come up with an explanation for why it takes 58 minutes to respond to a 911 call in Detroit, too: The city’s just too big, at 146 square miles, for their 2,700 cops to cover effectively.

Funny…Colorado Springs covers 186 square miles using 659 cops. If you call 911 here, you’ll have 3 or 4 cops at your door in 5 minutes.

It has nothing to do with land area, and everything to do with the people who live there. Our cops are mostly driving around bored, while the ones in Detroit are busy chasing the citizenry around the city.

122 | July 21, 2013 4:57 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    The ‘Strongly Worded Letter’ will surely fill them with fear…
    what’s the literacy rate among the gang bangers in Chi town?

How many of them have mailing addresses on file to receive the letters in the first place?

122. eaglesoars
    124 | July 21, 2013 5:07 pm

ha! good point

125 | July 21, 2013 5:09 pm

I’m never buying another hoodie as long as I live…I am so full of rage I can hardly think straight…
    and btw, that goes for those Skittles too…
    (what state are Skittles made in?)

124. 127 | July 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist….

128 | July 21, 2013 5:39 pm

@ Macker:

I’m sure they took it down after realizing how stupid it was

126. eaglesoars
    129 | July 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Macker wrote:

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist….

newsbusters has it -- with video

130 | July 21, 2013 5:41 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

The ‘Strongly Worded Letter’ will surely fill them with fear…

what’s the literacy rate among the gang bangers in Chi town?

Probably about the same as Chicago Public School teachers.

128. eaglesoars
    131 | July 21, 2013 6:01 pm

Probably about the same as Chicago Public School teachers.

or Melissa Harris Perry

132 | July 21, 2013 6:06 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Probably about the same as Chicago Public School teachers.

or Melissa Harris Perry

She has the critical thinking skills of Johnson of Culver City.
    Not good.

133 | July 21, 2013 6:14 pm

Rev Jesse Jackson Sr @RevJJackson

Trayvon Martin was a gentleman. He was kind to his friend Rachel Jeantel. This information has been lost in the… http://fb.me/1XnHwjLNW
    10:18 AM -- 21 Jul 2013

HT Twitchy.
    And the Reverend is just an honest business consultant.
    He helps corporations dispose of their excess cash to him.

131. 134 | July 21, 2013 6:27 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Ugh. Did she intend to red wing herself?

132. eaglesoars
    135 | July 21, 2013 6:29 pm

Macker wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    Ugh. Did she intend to red wing herself?

i don’t know what that means

133. 136 | July 21, 2013 6:30 pm

Dope smoking, Robo-tripping, and petty thief. Teae are the marks of a budding “gentleman” in the black community, but he need to mover up into drug dealing or pimping to eb really considered an authentic “gentleman”. Sadly, that is not hyperbole. You can see that in the difference in the way they treated Tookie Williams (founder of the Crips gang executed for multiple homicide) and they treat Someone like a Tim Scott or Clarence Thomas. The thugs get all all the pretty girls, while the peopleto who actually make someting of their lives are considered not to be “Authentic”, acting “white”, and even traitors to their race. I don’t know what you do about that. It is ironic that the only open advocates for white supremecy are from the black community. If you are well spoken and rising to the top through your own work, you are considered to be “acting white”. I don’t know how you dig out from under that hole.

134. 137 | July 21, 2013 6:32 pm

@ eaglesoars:

It’s a biker thing. You don’t want to know what earning your red wings is really about… 8O

138 | July 21, 2013 6:35 pm

Black Conservative are reiduled & threatened by other Blacks & guys like Chris Matthews.
    It is just upside down.

136. eaglesoars
    139 | July 21, 2013 6:38 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I looked it up

ugh

137. 140 | July 21, 2013 6:49 pm

Yeah They don’t even have to be black conservatives. Any black that deviates in the smallest iota from the Official Party Line Did you see the vile racial epithets and threats directed at Charles Barkley when he said he agreed with the Zimmerman verdict? It was massive and it was ugly. The Left always calls us racists, but if the Tea Party wouldhave responded with equal vitriol against a black (or other protected minority) in the same terms, their Twitter account would be nuked.

141 | July 21, 2013 6:49 pm

just read a new poll…
    Trayvon is the most popular name for Pit Bulls in St Louis

139. 142 | July 21, 2013 6:49 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I told you you didn’t want to know what it was 8O

143 | July 21, 2013 6:56 pm

I did see the vitriol spewed at Charles Barkley.
    Bill Cosby got beat up too.
    Apparently no indepndent thought is allowed.

144 | July 21, 2013 7:07 pm

I was at the Palace at Auburn Hills to see the Pistons play the Knicks…John Starks was the NY point guard, part black, part Native and Creole, married to a lovely white woman…we were sitting near the floor…Starks brings the ball up court, it’s pretty quiet…then some fucking moron yells out that Starks was a fraud with his white bitch wife, something to that effect…he was barely across the half court and he stopped dead n the floor looking up at the crowd…I was shocked to hear such a thing…I looked over my shoulder up a few rows and saw several fans pounce on this guy who yelled out that nasty stuff…Piston fans overwhelmed that guy and lofted him out of the building themselves…it was a heartbreaking scene…Starks was from OK…he has all sorts of mixed blood…he’s a Skole spittin cowboy but these Detroit assholes had to make something of nothing…we have not moved an inch from that time, even going backwards

142. eaglesoars
    145 | July 21, 2013 7:32 pm

heysoos wrote:

They did the same thing with Clarence Thomas and his wife Ginny. The black women were the worst. They go bat shit when a white woman ‘takes’ one of ‘their’ men

147 | July 21, 2013 7:36 pm

144. eaglesoars
    148 | July 21, 2013 7:43 pm

without exception all MLK’s offspring are intellectually deficient. Their mother is no genius either.

149 | July 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Obama Was Racially Profiled… By White Liberals At 2003 Party In NYC…

. . . “There are very few African-American men in this country who haven’t had the experience of being followed when they were shopping in a department store. ..who haven’t had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars. That happens to me — at least before I was a senator.”

In response to the President’s deeply personal comments, the Wall Street Journal reporter reminded readers of an encounter with Obama in 2003, then a candidate for U.S. Senate, when he was mistaken for a waiter at a NYC gathering.

Some of the best and brightest of the New York literati attended the shindig, hosted by British journalist Tina Brown, to celebrate Sidney Blumenthal’s book “The Clinton Wars,” Rosman recounted in a 2008 blog posting entitled ”Before He Was President.”

Rosman noticed Obama “as awkward and out-of-place…one of a few black people in attendance” at the party.

Feeling awkward herself, Rosman struck up a conversation with the aspiring statesman, describing him as “charismatic in a quiet, solemn way.”

As she left the party, one of the intellectual invitees, identified only as “an established author,” asked about her conversation partner, admitting that he had asked Obama to “fetch him a drink” assuming the man wasn’t a guest at the party.

Fortunately, Obama restrained himself from beating the person senseless. Maybe that was what they gave him the Nobel Peace Prize for…

150 | July 21, 2013 7:46 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

I’m sure he was shocked to be asked a question like that by a black guy, too.

151 | July 21, 2013 7:52 pm

And there’s always the medal for Valorious Restraint with clusterfooks.

148. eaglesoars
    152 | July 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Fortunately, Obama restrained himself from beating the person senseless.

Yeah, I just imagine Choom guy in a fight. With a girl. Evenly matched, I’d say

153 | July 21, 2013 8:04 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Fortunately, Obama restrained himself from beating the person senseless.
    Yeah, I just imagine Choom guy in a fight. With a girl. Evenly matched, I’d say

A 10 year old, maybe

154 | July 21, 2013 8:06 pm

Pic Of The Day: White Liberal Holds Sign Calling For Murder Of Zimmerman, “Execute The Executioner”…

Two St. Skittles supporters in St. Louis hold signs calling for Zimmerman’s death next to a young boy holding a sign calling for “unity.”

155 | July 21, 2013 8:09 pm

‘our future is at risk!’…
    why’s that? is it possible that you could actually wipe yourselves out?…
    what a hoot

156 | July 21, 2013 8:24 pm

US out of Chicago! It’s a quagmire!

“Gun-Controlled” Chicago: 6 Shot Dead, 17 Wounded In Shootings Since Friday

Six men were killed and at least 17 people — including a 6-year-old girl — were wounded in shootings across the city since Friday night.

Asked Sunday about Chicago’s reputation in the wake of another violent weekend, Mayor Rahm Emanuel said he’s primarily “concerned about the safety and security of our neighborhoods, and our residents.”

He again pushed for a three-year sentencing minimum for gun crimes — calling it the “weak link” in the city’s crime-fighting strategy. And he said it’s time to replace the “code of silence” with a “moral code.”

Before you can have a “moral code,” wouldn’t you have to have people with a sense of morals?

157 | July 21, 2013 8:35 pm

And that three year minimum sentence is definitely going to solve the problem. It’s just too bad that they couldn’t pass a law making it illegal to kill people.

154. eaglesoars
    158 | July 21, 2013 8:35 pm

what’s the conviction rate for gun crimes in Chicago? How many even go to trial. The courts are putting thugs right back on the streets. AndI’m betting 80% of it is drug related and there are more than a few crooked cops in on it.

159 | July 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Ram, the PlayStaion Grand Theft Auto mayor

160 | July 21, 2013 8:43 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I don’t know about gun crimes in general, but I do know that the homicide “clearance rate” for the Chicago PD is reported to be 37%. The clearance rate is the percentage of cases where they arrest someone.

Of that 37%, something like 61% are convicted.

I’d assume that the rates are much lower for other crimes.

157. eaglesoars
    161 | July 21, 2013 8:50 pm

Of that 37%, something like 61% are convicted.

26% of the total

158. 162 | July 21, 2013 8:51 pm

@ eaglesoars:

As far as I’m concerned, Chicago ‘cops’ are PIGS.

163 | July 21, 2013 8:58 pm

@ 145 eaglesoars: But as someone said earlier Obama is progeny of the black/white union. It’s kind of odd he never has anything good to say about his mom. In that sense he probably is a lot like Trayvon.

164 | July 21, 2013 9:04 pm

@ 162 Macker: how much jail time?

I was profiled a lot when young.
    I got lost in St. Louis once on a college beer run and a cop pulled me over for 40 minutes in the winter snow. I was polite and sat there. he let me go eventually saying he stopped me for having a muddy rear license plate. But the whole area was mud and slush. I did have amphetamines in my car at the time. Personal college use. I had no clue about life. Had no clue about consequences. I just did what I wanted to regardless. Sort of like a pro choice advocate today.

And in college I was at a party where someone stole a beer keg pump. I was just standing next to the thief talking to him and next thing I knew I was being threatened with expulsion from college.

College was essentially a bunch of dumbasses fighting with other dumbasses. Education is a by product.

We over felonize a lot in this country. We let the legal system cast wide deep nets to catch a few small fry.

161. eaglesoars
    165 | July 21, 2013 9:06 pm

darkwords wrote:

It’s kind of odd he never has anything good to say about his mom.

IIRC he has spoken of how hard she worked as a single mom. I do remember he wrote about how she’d wake him at 4:30 in the morning to go over some kind of school work and when he whined told him to knock it off, it was no fun for her either. I think he loved his grandmother, too.

166 | July 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Getting carded in a bar is profiling. We don’t profile at polling places unless it is Philly.

167 | July 21, 2013 9:08 pm

@ 165 eaglesoars: One would think he would try and set a good example and show his positive influences more.

164. eaglesoars
    168 | July 21, 2013 9:09 pm

darkwords wrote:

I was assaulted once in my apartment. When the cops showed up, my roommate’s water pipe was sitting there in plain sight. The cop sez “You know that THING sitting on the washing machine? In 2 seconds it won’t be there and I never saw it”

heh

169 | July 21, 2013 9:10 pm

the fixation is heavy

170 | July 21, 2013 9:17 pm

Trayvon article worth the read. Huffpo

172 | July 21, 2013 9:31 pm

@ 168 eaglesoars: There are good cops. I have had the experience also like that. Assaulted. Cop looks past the trivial.

168. eaglesoars
    173 | July 21, 2013 9:32 pm

darkwords wrote:

Trayvon article worth the read. Huffpo

he forgot rap. But he did not adress the drug use -- assuming he even knows about it.

Yeah, youth black culture is a criminal class

174 | July 21, 2013 9:33 pm

@ 169 heysoos: The only thing that re directs me is wine. lol

I lost my beer fixation a few years ago. I do miss it. I get envious of people drinking beer.

175 | July 21, 2013 9:36 pm

@ 173 eaglesoars: Purple drank seems to be a key indicator here to me. I had never heard of it. Funny that the media wants to gloss over something like that. When I was 18 though I would read that and think. I need to get some of that now. At 38 I would look back and call the 18 me a super dumb ass waiting for karma to kick him in the butt.

All Trayvon had to do was go to school and do homework. His parents split up removed that responsibility from him. A mom there need to find a paternal alternative in church or sports not in a gang.

176 | July 21, 2013 9:38 pm

@ 171 lobo91: I am sure Carson would appear on his show. Carson can handle conversational pressure. Maher wouldn’t find it entertaining.

172. eaglesoars
    177 | July 21, 2013 9:40 pm

darkwords wrote:

she’d already kicked him out of the house for constantly fighting. It’s not clear to me if he was living with his father or an aunt and uncle. I’ve seen both in reports.

Who paid for his ‘grill’? His parents. They have a lot of culpibility here.

178 | July 21, 2013 9:41 pm

darkwords wrote:

Trayvon article worth the read. Huffpo

he forgot rap. But he did not adress the drug use — assuming he even knows about it.

Yeah, youth black culture is a criminal class

It was a good article, but he also left out the part about the black illegitimacy rate and 14 and 15 year-olds having babies. 6th and 7th generation welfare babies.

179 | July 21, 2013 9:43 pm

@ 177 eaglesoars: I think he was living with his fathers current girlfriend.

180 | July 21, 2013 9:45 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Who paid for his ‘grill’? His parents. They have a lot of culpibility here.

It’s pretty clear from the school and police records that were withheld from the press that Trayvon was a burglar. Caught at school with a bag of women’s jewelry (the bag also contained a flat head screwdriver) that he couldn’t explain.

181 | July 21, 2013 9:49 pm

Former Obama Spiritual Adviser Father Pfleger At Trayvon Rally: “Racism Is In The DNA Of America!”…

How does this vile individual remain a priest?

177. eaglesoars
    182 | July 21, 2013 9:49 pm

huckfunn wrote:

that were withheld from the press that Trayvon was a burglar.

One of the local Miami papers did pick it up. They exposed that the school district security reported it as a ‘discipline’ problem instead of a criminal problem because they were trying to make their black male stats look better. The head of school district security was fired.

178. eaglesoars
    183 | July 21, 2013 9:56 pm

huckfunn wrote:
    that were withheld from the press that Trayvon was a burglar.

which means it was NOT withheld from the press -- it was the press that did the withholding

184 | July 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Official From Al Sharpton Group Calls On LeBron James And Dwyane Wade To Quit Playing For The Miami Heat…

Rallies held across the nation Saturday not only called for “Justice for Trayvon,” but also boycotts for anything connected to Florida. The National Actions Network rally in Las Vegas even appealed to star athletes like LeBron James and Dwyane Wade to quit their teams.

Gene Collins, local affiliate president of National Actions Network and long-time activist and community organizer, addressed the crowd and made the unusual requests in his remarks, according to Breitbart News.

“It is not about National Action Network, it is not about Gene Collins, it is about the social change we are seeking in this community,” Collins said, according to Breitbart. “Today is a day the Lord has made to demonstrate to the state of Florida and other states who has passed laws who are bias to black and brown people of this race.

Was that supposed to be English?

“We are here also to ask our sports icons LeBron James, Dwyane Wade … and other professional players in baseball and football to change franchises and play for another franchise until the state of Florida recognizes there has to be change.”

“We are also asking the collegiate athletes who have signed contracts and who have signed letters of intent to play for various universities to transfer to another university until the governor of the state of Florida calls a special session and changes the laws so that African American males and females, black and brown kids will be safe in the state of Florida,” Collins added.

Yeah…just break those contracts and lose millions of dollars, not to mention getting sued. And for what? To please some ignorant race hustlers?

180. eaglesoars
    185 | July 21, 2013 9:58 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

One of the local Miami papers did pick it up.

here

181. eaglesoars
    186 | July 21, 2013 10:02 pm

To please some ignorant race hustlers?

no. to give them more power to extort. and if they have to extort from ‘their’ people, so be it.

182. 187 | July 21, 2013 10:17 pm

@ eaglesoars:

I may not like LeBron, but if he’s THAT STUPID...who are we to stop him?

183. eaglesoars
    188 | July 21, 2013 10:18 pm

gotta go. nite.

189 | July 21, 2013 10:18 pm

Macker wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    I may not like LeBron, but if he’s THAT STUPID…who are we to stop him?

I suspect that he has a lawyer and an agent who are somewhat less stupid.

185. 190 | July 21, 2013 10:21 pm

That’s exactly how Helen looks in Hell. Perfect.

191 | July 21, 2013 10:27 pm

Taliban Try To Bribe 8-Year-Old Boy To Blow Himself Up For Less Than $1…

Afghan orphan Neaz told how he was just eight when he was promised a handful of coins by Taliban fighters to convert him to their cause. The boy had been tending his father’s flock of sheep when coalition forces bombed his village.

‘The Taliban were hiding in our house when a helicopter came and bombed us,’ he said. ‘My father was hit in his heart and his head, he was torn apart. My mother was hit in the chest and died. I have no one.’

In the immediate aftermath of the raid, Neaz was kidnapped by Taliban leaders and taken to a nearby town and shown how to use guns and make IEDs. They plied him with sweets and he was initially delighted when they said they planned to bring him an extra-special gift – a suicide vest packed with bullets and grenades.

‘They made me try it on. The grenades went all around my body and then they offered me the coins [50 Afghanis – about 60p],’ he said. ‘They told me to blow myself up at a checkpoint. I asked what I’d do with the money if I had to blow myself up. But they kept encouraging me, telling me that if I did it I would go to heaven.’

187. 192 | July 21, 2013 10:47 pm

Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy all over, doesn’t it?

Dang, if there was a Christian church that was accused of that, we’d see headline news for 6 months over how evil Christians were.

188. 193 | July 22, 2013 8:02 am

@ brookly red:

He plans to become a lawyer to help others like himself. He didn’t say anything about running for any office, and I doubt that he’s interested in that.

189. 194 | July 22, 2013 8:05 am

Macker wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    As far as I’m concerned, Chicago ‘cops’ are PIGS.

I used to live there, for some decades.

That comment is an insult to the porcine-American community! :lol:

190. 195 | July 22, 2013 8:07 am

I wouldn’t have figured Obama to be a waiter. Maybe a busboy or a party crasher. He lacks the physical coordination, mental acuity, and people skills to be a decent waiter.