by 1389AD ( 120 Comments › )
Filed under Caturday, Open thread, UK at August 10th, 2013 - 2:00 pm

Body language in cats

(h/t: Johanna)

Published on Jul 30, 2013 by catsprotectionuk

This video shows some of the common body postures and facial expressions in cats, some of which can be easily misinterpreted by people as cats are so subtle in their behaviour.

Yahoo! News has the story:

By Sarah B. Weir, Shine Senior Writer
[...]
Kitties are notoriously inscrutable beasts, but now a video posted by Cat Protection, the leading nonprofit organization in the United Kingdom devoted to feline welfare, can help you decode some of your cat’s mysterious behaviors.

According to Cat Protection’s research, humans display a “worrying lack of knowledge” about the body language of cats, and particularly, their distress signals. Forty-nine percent of cat owners don’t know that licking the lips indicates that a cat is stressed, and 38 percent don’t understand that flattened ears are a sign that a cat is frightened and needs a place to hide.

“Cats are often considered to be independent and able to look after themselves, whereas dogs are usually perceived to ‘need’ their owners,” says Cat Protection behavior expert Nicky Trevorrow. “The reality is that while cats are pretty good at surviving without us, they do, of course, have needs. If these aren’t met, it can lead to stress and behavioral problems.”

Other key signals:

Approaching with tail up: This is a cat’s way of greeting you. Trevorrow suggests that you respond with affection.

Rubbing objects (including you) with its head: It’s not a sign of adoration but a way of spreading its scent. If you have been out all day, your cat might want you to smell more familiar.

Slowly blinking: This is a sign of a happy, relaxed cat. To communicate with your pet in cat language, you can slowly blink back and turn your head to the side in a relaxed manner to show you are at ease and aren’t a threat. You might get another slow blink in return.

Lying down, belly exposed: This is not an invitation for a belly rub. The cat is showing that it trusts you, and if you touch its belly, you are betraying that trust; that’s why cats will often respond by grabbing your hand and wrist with their claws. Just give it a little pat on the head instead.

Purring: It can mean your cat is content, but it can also be a signal of pain, so look for other signs of distress.

Now, go apologize to your cat for your ignorance (especially for those years of tummy rubs) and hope for a slow blink in return.

Also see:

Tags:

Comments

120 Responses to “#Caturday Aug. 10, 2013: Cat behavior demystified: video translates feline language for humans”

1. 1 | August 10, 2013 2:15 pm

El Gato says Meow!

2. 2 | August 10, 2013 2:33 pm

3. brookly red
    3 | August 10, 2013 2:54 pm

Mike C. wrote:

that was strange… anything with roombas is strange

4. 4 | August 10, 2013 3:30 pm

brookly red wrote:

Mike C. wrote:

that was strange… anything with roombas is strange

Cats generally don’t much like vacuum cleaners.

5. 5 | August 10, 2013 3:37 pm

Oh. And when our cat rubs on me or the chair I’m sitting in, it means one thing and one thing only -- “My food dish is empty!”

6 | August 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Obama screwed up.

Hopes that America could reset its relationship with Egypt by appointing a new ambassador are dwindling as well,

7 | August 10, 2013 4:24 pm

darkwords wrote:

Obama screwed up.

Only because he tried to do something.

8. BuddyG
    8 | August 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Door Jam

9 | August 10, 2013 4:36 pm

went to a car show out at the Rt 66 Casino, 300 cars…I’ve seen a lot of cars in my day, but today I saw the stuff of legend, a car so rare, nobody knows how many were made, but not that many…
    a 1962 Chevy Bel Air bubbletop 409/409…red/red interior, 4 speed shifter, twin 4 barrel carbs, 425hp, dog dish hubs, no frills…this is the famed car the Beach Boys sang about…this car is worth whatever you want to pay for it, a couple hundred grand at least…and the owner drives it around all the time, in fact drove it to ABQ from El Paso…these cars are so famous and rare that they have a mythical quality to them…here’s a black one

10 | August 10, 2013 5:14 pm

@ heysoos:
    When you have a huge url, learn to use tiny url

11. 11 | August 10, 2013 5:32 pm

@ BuddyG:

That’s a kitty that needs to drop a few pounds.

12 | August 10, 2013 5:33 pm

I don’t care much for tinyurl. I like knowing where I’m actually going before I click on something.

13. brookly red
    13 | August 10, 2013 5:37 pm

I had a GF who’s cat would come over and bump his forehead against mine… I was told by a vet that that is a sign of acceptance welcoming you to the group or family. I guess it was when she moved out he chose to stay with me and the dog. I really liked that cat he got to be almost 20 yrs old.

14. 14 | August 10, 2013 5:38 pm

@ The Osprey:

It’s easy enough to learn to use anchor tags and write the link. HTML isn’t eactly rocket science.

15. brookly red
    15 | August 10, 2013 5:40 pm

@ The Osprey:

heh, every try yo hire a coder?

16 | August 10, 2013 5:47 pm

I wonder how Steve Jobs would feel about Ashton Kutcher portraying him in a movie.

17 | August 10, 2013 5:54 pm

It’s not hard. I hire myself :P

22 | August 10, 2013 6:04 pm

@ heysoos:

23. brookly red
    23 | August 10, 2013 6:07 pm

@ brookly red:

It’s not hard. I hire myself

ever think of moving to NYC?

24. brookly red
    24 | August 10, 2013 6:08 pm

CynicalConservative wrote:

The Osprey wrote:

+1 won’t click masked or shortcutted url’s

/galt

I will IF I trust the source… never on an e-mail.

25 | August 10, 2013 6:17 pm

I did, thanks…
    even the easiest stuff can be hard for me

26. eaglesoars
    26 | August 10, 2013 7:01 pm

well, puzzle me this. I’m not a cat person, but once upon a time my landlord’s cat ‘adopted’ me. She would wait in the tree until I came home from work or a date and just fall on me. The first time it happened I screamed and all the neighbors called the cops. I learned to just wait under the tree so she could fall into my arms.

But she always slept with me and woke me up by licking my eyes

She was just a normal tabby who I guess took a liking to me. After I moved out to come to the Wash. D.C. area my landlords told me she disappeard and asked me if I had somehow taken her. They never found her.

27. brookly red
    27 | August 10, 2013 7:30 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

But she always slept with me and woke me up by licking my eyes

Cats are not dogs… you get a dog, a cat gets you.

28 | August 10, 2013 7:33 pm

I just had Chile Relleno for the first time in my life.

Wow.

29. brookly red
    29 | August 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

I just had Chile Relleno for the first time in my life.

Wow.

OOOh, w/cheese not meat yes?

30 | August 10, 2013 7:50 pm

@ brookly red:

A chorizo/veggie/rice mix, with melted jack on top.

I’ll search for a cheese stuffed one now, though!

31 | August 10, 2013 7:52 pm

@ Bumr50:

Also fried in some sort of egg.

33 | August 10, 2013 7:55 pm

@ 18 heysoos:

A shorter version.

Easier to highlight it via the link tab probably. The long long search url will wrap and break the CSS here. Making the link not function.

34 | August 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ brookly red:
    A chorizo/veggie/rice mix, with melted jack on top.
    I’ll search for a cheese stuffed one now, though!

welcome to New Mexico

34. brookly red
    35 | August 10, 2013 7:57 pm

@ Bumr50:
    @ Calo:

stuffed peppers are kinda a world wide thing but IMHO the Mexican style is the best.

36 | August 10, 2013 7:59 pm

@ Bumr50:

in a couple of weeks, the chile roasters will be up to speed…every couple of blocks around my hood…you can smell them on the air…red or green?

36. brookly red
    37 | August 10, 2013 8:01 pm

heysoos wrote:

Bumr50 wrote:

@ brookly red:
    A chorizo/veggie/rice mix, with melted jack on top.
    I’ll search for a cheese stuffed one now, though!

welcome to New Mexico

awww man I am sure you eat better than you deserve :)
    a NYC fusion thing is a stuffed chili with fried eggs on a roll (mas salsa) for breakfast. Yum.

38 | August 10, 2013 8:02 pm

@ heysoos:

Green poblano.

39 | August 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Just for you:

Drone delivers beer not bombs at S.Africa music festival

Revellers at a South African outdoor rock festival no longer need to queue to slake their thirst — a flying robot will drop them beer by parachute.

After clients place an order using a smartphone app, a drone zooms 15 metres (50 feet) above the heads of the festival-goers to make the delivery.

Carel Hoffmann, director of the Oppikoppi festival held on a dusty farm in the country’s northern Limpopo province, said the app registers the position of users using the GPS satellite chips on their phones.

“The delivery guys have a calibrated delivery drone. They send it to the GPS position and drops it with a parachute,” he explained.

The drone was built in South Africa and nicknamed “Manna” after the Old Testament-story of bread that fell from the sky to feed the Israelites travelling through the desert following their exodus from Egypt.

“It’s an almost Biblical thing that beer is dropping from the sky,” said Hoffmann.

The beer, free at this stage, is dropped in plastic cups and the drone is performing well.

“Every time it drops a parachute a crowd of 5,000 cheers,” he said.

39. Calo
    40 | August 10, 2013 8:03 pm

@ heysoos:
    It’s Hatch season down here. Suppose it’s the same in NM.

41 | August 10, 2013 8:03 pm

the holliday comes and everybody is selling tomales, out of their trunk, along the streets…wash tubs full of them by the thousands….yummy

42 | August 10, 2013 8:05 pm

@ Calo:
    close…all the propane is in, roasters rolling, awnings set up, bags piled up…soon come

42. Calo
    43 | August 10, 2013 8:06 pm

@ heysoos:
    I work with a Mexican lady who makes me 3 dozen tamales every Christmas.

Nothing better than hand made tamales.

43. brookly red
    44 | August 10, 2013 8:07 pm

Just for you:

Drone delivers beer not bombs at S.Africa music festival

“Every time it drops a parachute a crowd of 5,000 cheers,” he said.

with all due respect to women I prefer my beer served not air dropped.

44. brookly red
    45 | August 10, 2013 8:08 pm

@ heysoos:
    I work with a Mexican lady who makes me 3 dozen tamales every Christmas.

Nothing better than hand made tamales.

wtf? 3 dozen is every Thursday night

45. brookly red
    46 | August 10, 2013 8:10 pm

heysoos wrote:

and here is where we are kindred… the Feds are looking for a way to fuckitup.

46. Calo
    47 | August 10, 2013 8:13 pm

@ brookly red:
    Yep, I see you are sharpening up your manly skills for shark date night with the lawyer.

48 | August 10, 2013 8:15 pm

@ heysoos:
    I work with a Mexican lady who makes me 3 dozen tamales every Christmas.
    Nothing better than hand made tamales.

it’s a treat you cannot have in most places…there are wealthy old ladies that come out and sell their tomales on the streets here…it’s a tradition that spans a millenium…they take that stuff seriously here, upholding family reputations etc…a killer, famous tomale is a thing worthy of history…heh…I love this town

48. brookly red
    49 | August 10, 2013 8:18 pm

@ brookly red:

actually lawyers as a group are lonely ladies… she is due to get off work at 11:00 pm… wtf. The odds be 50-50 she cancels exercises the brunch clause.

49. Calo
    50 | August 10, 2013 8:22 pm

@ brookly red:
    You are that confident in your skill set that she’ll be around for brunch? :shock:

51 | August 10, 2013 8:24 pm

brookly red wrote:

heysoos wrote:

and here is where we are kindred… the Feds are looking for a way to fuckitup.

NM is pretty loose about govt interference and you can see it with zoning regs, food sales etc…if some Pueblo goes out and sells homemade fry bread to the tourists, we don’t bust them…you got a trunk full of watermellons, just pull over and sell them, or anything else for that matter…real traditional down here…NM is not like anywhere else I’ve ever seen

52 | August 10, 2013 8:28 pm

L.A. Times: L.A. Now ‏@LANow 12m
    BREAKING (More): James Lee DiMaggio, 40, was killed about 4 p.m. in a remote area near the town of Cascade, sources tell @anblanx @latimes

53 | August 10, 2013 8:29 pm

@ darkwords: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/

53. brookly red
    54 | August 10, 2013 8:30 pm

@ brookly red:
    You are that confident in your skill set that she’ll be around for brunch?

Brunch is the default setting , aim for dinner, settle for brunch. I will have the omelet with a side of apologizes.

54. Calo
    55 | August 10, 2013 8:33 pm

@ brookly red:
    My misunderstanding. I thought you meant she would still be around in the morning for brunch.

55. Calo
    56 | August 10, 2013 8:39 pm

Speaking of dinner…

Gus from LGF tweeted to me last night.

@dolphincatcher Sorry. Having Chinese here. You were asking?

I had to respond because, he was such an ass last night.

@Gus_802 Hunan Fried Rice for dinner? How #Brookly

56. brookly red
    57 | August 10, 2013 8:41 pm

@ brookly red:

If she works past 11 she will cancel dinner and reschedule for lunch/brunch… I will indignantly accept, while exercising the benefits clause while taking co-possession of the the domicile.

57. brookly red
    59 | August 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Speaking of dinner…

Gus from LGF tweeted to me last night.

@dolphincatcher Sorry. Having Chinese here. You were asking?
    I had to respond because, he was such an ass last night.

@Gus_802 Hunan Fried Rice for dinner? How #Brookly

wtf?

60 | August 10, 2013 8:55 pm

Mugabe and Ahmadinejad, a match made in Hell.

Mugabe signs deal to sell uranium to Iran.

59. brookly red
    61 | August 10, 2013 9:01 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Mugabe and Ahmadinejad, a match made in Hell.

Mugabe signs deal to sell uranium to Iran.

bet you it never gets delivered courtesy of the IDF

60. Calo
    62 | August 10, 2013 9:03 pm

@ Calo:
    Retry since I messed up my blockquotes, again.

Gus from LGF tweeted to me last night.

@dolphincatcher Sorry. Having Chinese here. You were asking?

I had to respond because, he was such an ass last night.

@Gus_802 Hunan Fried Rice for dinner? How #Brookly

It just amused me that he had to tweet out his dinner choice of Chinese food and I couldn’t help but think of you.

61. rain of lead
    63 | August 10, 2013 9:10 pm

@ Calo:

hey, thanks for the heads up on the btr bit last night
    kinda fun hearing them boys chat

62. Calo
    64 | August 10, 2013 9:17 pm

@ rain of lead:
    I probably shouldn’t leave that stuff on the Mothership, but it was a last minute BTR show I knew would interest you.

*scrounging around for your email address, instead*

65 | August 10, 2013 9:22 pm

@ rain of lead:

*scrounging around for your email address, instead*

It was good to hear ol’ Stacy McCain on BTR again. I remember when he showed up for one of our BTR shows.

64. brookly red
    66 | August 10, 2013 9:23 pm

@ Calo:
    Retry since I messed up my blockquotes, again.

Gus from LGF tweeted to me last night.

@dolphincatcher Sorry. Having Chinese here. You were asking?

I had to respond because, he was such an ass last night.

@Gus_802 Hunan Fried Rice for dinner? How #Brookly

I mean no disrespect to anyone but tweeting is IMHO the dumbest most desperate thing short of taking hostages anyone can do. It is just sad to think that anyone is that desperate for attention. Even sadder to think they think tweeting will get them that attention any more than buying that bran of cologne will get them laid. I pray for them.

65. rain of lead
    67 | August 10, 2013 9:26 pm

@ Calo:

heh
    I check here ALOT more than I check my email

68 | August 10, 2013 9:30 pm

everyone grab a beer. the bar is open!

yoi! what a week!

69 | August 10, 2013 9:33 pm

@ brookly red:

agreed, but I’m not the praying type…twitter is far more harmful than otherwise

68. rain of lead
    70 | August 10, 2013 9:33 pm

hey cw
    the story you were telling a while back
    your teeth, beers, kids,and the old ladys car breaking down…

how did that get all worked out
    you left without finishing the story

69. Calo
    71 | August 10, 2013 9:34 pm

@ brookly red:
    Let’s talk FB tonight and it’s merits, instead.

70. rain of lead
    72 | August 10, 2013 9:34 pm

and as for beers
    Sam Adams Noble Pils

Damn, that stuff is yummy

73 | August 10, 2013 9:34 pm

burned out on drip rates?

72. Calo
    74 | August 10, 2013 9:39 pm

@ heysoos:
    These days, the cool kids just dial in a drip rate on the pump.

Just sayin’.

75 | August 10, 2013 9:40 pm

@ brookly red:
    Let’s talk FB tonight and it’s merits, instead.

will have to define ‘merit’

76 | August 10, 2013 9:41 pm

yeah…on a head full of pain killerz i had to tow mrs coldwarrior’s beater neon with the durango out of the city and to the mechanic. i must say. i do love big nasty v8 full frame trucks.

the neon is dead. mrs coldwarrior will be getting a decent used volvo sedan or wagon. no reason for her to slum it any more. (her car before the neon was a bmw 328)

77 | August 10, 2013 9:42 pm

heysoos wrote:

burned out on drip rates?

dude…my brain hurts. our census is at record levels. i could work 24/7

76. rain of lead
    78 | August 10, 2013 9:43 pm

well now that you are making some big(err…bigger) money she can get something nice

79 | August 10, 2013 9:43 pm

rain of lead wrote:

your teeth,

that…i had to go up to my parents and eat pain pills and drink and sit by the fire. that was the only way to make it through!

80 | August 10, 2013 9:44 pm

“Arnold Horschack” can’t even go get a bagel and schmear without someone mistaking him for Anthony Wiener.

Attorney Maury Gottfried claims people in public places have spurned his client and in some instances, have refused him service at establishments his client has frequented for over thirty years. ” Arnold had to travel all the way to Queens just to have a bagel with schmear and a cup of kawfee! It’s an injustice.”
    Representative Weiner has assured his constituents that he never appeared on the Welcome Back Kotter sitcom, but did have lunch one time with Nancy Pelosi.

81 | August 10, 2013 9:45 pm

rain of lead wrote:

my mechanic talked me out of a lincoln. he can pull off a used volvo at auction and give it to me with a tiny markup. he is a great dude. recommended the volvo. i did not expect that from him

82 | August 10, 2013 9:45 pm

heysoos wrote:
    burned out on drip rates?

dude…my brain hurts. our census is at record levels. i could work 24/7

you’re up in Penn? a level one trauma center?…whatever, it’s all hard after so many hours…3 twelves is under rated…I admire you

81. Calo
    83 | August 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Men under 60, women over 60….

The most problematic ones for pain control.
    /broad brush stroke

82. rain of lead
    84 | August 10, 2013 9:46 pm

it has begun
    my girl child has discovered the joy of yammering on the phone for hours at a time with her best friend

thank god for straight talk and unlimited airtime

83. rain of lead
    85 | August 10, 2013 9:47 pm

good mechanics are better than gold

86 | August 10, 2013 9:49 pm

heysoos wrote:

3 twelves is under rated

i have 16, 12 12 12 going ojn now. night shift tomorrow

87 | August 10, 2013 9:51 pm

$$$$$…

88 | August 10, 2013 9:52 pm

Calo wrote:

Men under 60, women over 60….
    The most problematic ones for pain control.
    /broad brush stroke

pain? ha!

ive been up in stroke center, we got the big certification from the joint. super busy now.

stroke patients dont get many pain meds

89 | August 10, 2013 9:52 pm

rain of lead wrote:

good mechanics are better than gold

platinum!

90 | August 10, 2013 9:53 pm

heysoos wrote:

$$$$$…

gotta hit it now, ’cause it goes away for a while then comes back.

89. rain of lead

heh
    nope
    got way too much whiteness to get an obamaphone
    got too much jobness also

93. Calo
    95 | August 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Excellent, you survived JACHO. A difficult feat to not step into their landmines of worthlessness.

As for pain meds and stroke patients, it’s a difficult dilemma to walk.
    Enjoy the OT, feel bad for the fact that it is needed and so many are ill.

94. rain of lead
    96 | August 10, 2013 10:04 pm

bwahahahaha
    suck it Matt!

REPORT: Matt Damon’s ‘Elysium’ in Trouble

One way to get a handle on how a film will do at the box office its opening weekend is the Thursday midnight screenings. Early reports show that Elysium made $1.6 million, which Variety called “modest.” This is better than the outright box office disappointments “After Earth” and “Oblivion,” but nowhere near the blockbuster Sony had hoped for.

97 | August 10, 2013 10:05 pm

Calo wrote:

heh…i’ve been inspected by command sergeants major. these bureaucrats weren’t anywhere near the SGMs

98 | August 10, 2013 10:05 pm

No Federal Aid To Arizona After Wildfires

Arizona’s top politicians blasted the Obama administration and federal officials over the denial of aid in the wake of the state’s deadly wildfire.

The Yarnell Hill blaze killed 19 firefighters, called “hotshots,” in late June, when it changed directions and engulfed them.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency denied the state’s request for assistance based on insurance rules, it said in a statement Friday. It determined that not enough uninsured private individuals had become victims to warrant a payout.

FEMA said it is not permitted to “duplicate benefits provided by insurance companies or other federal agencies.”

The agency also declined to issue a “major disaster declaration” for affected areas.

No soup for you red state crackas!

97. rain of lead
    99 | August 10, 2013 10:07 pm

evening lobo
    how are you and lady leia tonight?

100 | August 10, 2013 10:08 pm

No soup for you red state crackas!

a-hem…

no obama-stash for you creepy krakah-azzed honky m-effers!

just thought i’d help with translation as i do work in a very high crime area.

101 | August 10, 2013 10:11 pm

rain of lead wrote:

heh
    nope
    got way too much whiteness to get an obamaphone
    got too much jobness also

In all seriousness though, what do you think of Straight Talk? How is the audio quality? And do they throttle your data speed if you go over X amount of data per month?

I’ve currently got an iPhone on AT&T GoPhone plan. It’s not bad but the Straight Talk $45 unlimited voice unlimited data looks like a great deal as long as they don’t choke the data pipe on frequent websurfers.

102 | August 10, 2013 10:12 pm

The fucking leftards who run the free newspaper “New Times” in PHX are trying to blame the recent fires in AZ on people who shoot in BLM wilderness areas.

103 | August 10, 2013 10:12 pm

@ rain of lead:

I’m tired after two days in Raton. Lots of shooting.

Leia seems to be happy to be home, too.

104 | August 10, 2013 10:13 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Based on what?

103. rain of lead
    105 | August 10, 2013 10:15 pm

love it love it love it
    just make sure you get the phone that uses the Verizon network
    because some of them don’t

in the store or on the web it will have a pic of the nationwide network

they have a good selection of phones as well

106 | August 10, 2013 10:15 pm

rain of lead wrote:

bwahahahaha
    suck it Matt!

REPORT: Matt Damon’s ‘Elysium’ in Trouble

I’m torn about seeing this. I can’t stand Maaaaaaaat Daaaaaaaaaamon, but I got a kick out of Blomkamp’s “District 9″ so I’m tempted to see this even thought the message seems somewhat lefty.

105. rain of lead
    107 | August 10, 2013 10:16 pm

there is no place like home
    (hmmm, where have I heard that before?)

108 | August 10, 2013 10:17 pm

@ rain of lead:

I’ve got a GSM iPhone, so I think Straight Talk uses AT&T and T-Mobile for GSM devices, depending on what area you are in.

107. rain of lead
    109 | August 10, 2013 10:19 pm

ummm, the message is balls to the wall lefty
    I have seen a review that the shaky cam is overused

110 | August 10, 2013 10:20 pm

The Osprey wrote:
    Based on what?

see global warming model. blame everything on global warming. some of it will stick

109. rain of lead
    111 | August 10, 2013 10:20 pm

you can also keep the phone you have and get a sim card that will put
    you into their network

112 | August 10, 2013 10:22 pm

The Osprey wrote:

@ rain of lead:

change sim cards.

113 | August 10, 2013 10:24 pm

rain of lead wrote:

you can also keep the phone you have and get a sim card that will put
    you into their network

Yup. I just want to know how well GSM phones work on their network before I make the jump.

112. rain of lead
    114 | August 10, 2013 10:29 pm

@ The Osprey:

hell make the jump anyway
    it’s so cheap if you don’t like it you can always switch back
    I must say though not being locked it for two years to a phone co
    is a damn good feeling

it=in

too many sam adams…

117 | August 10, 2013 10:49 pm

rain of lead wrote:

ummm, the message is balls to the wall lefty
    I have seen a review that the shaky cam is overused

Blomkamp does like his shaky cam… cheap documentary style, it worked in District 9. Which was kind of lefty too, but stood the “evil Apartheid” meme on its head with all the township blacks complaining about the alien “prawns” stealing their chickens and what not… :lol:

118 | August 10, 2013 11:07 pm

“We Are All Trayvon” Mural Unveiled In State Capitol In Florida

A mural of a man who looks like George Zimmerman shooting a likeness of Trayvon Martin was unveiled Friday at the state Capitol of Florida.

A mirror sits in the spot under a hoodie where Trayvon Martin’s face would be, bordered by Martin Luther King, Jr.’s face decorated with streaks of blood.

Miami artist Huong created the 10-foot mural, which carries the message, “We are all Trayvon Martin.”

What a vile piece of garbage.

119 | August 10, 2013 11:58 pm

“We Are All Trayvon” Mural Unveiled In State Capitol In Florida

What a vile piece of garbage.

Someone needs to take a spray can to that thing.

120 | August 11, 2013 12:07 am