Ashton Kutcher gives great speech at Teen Choice Awards

by Rodan ( 96 Comments › )
Filed under Communism, Entertainment, Hipsters, Progressives at August 14th, 2013 - 6:04 pm

Many don’t like Hollywood celebrities, but occasionally there are those who do positive deeds. Ashton Kutcher was at a Teen Choice award ceremony and gave a great inspiration speech to young people. He told them that jobs lead to better opportunities and to never think one is too good for a job.

With food stamps now considered hip, it’s refreshing to hear someone with influence in the Popular Culture to discuss the merits of hard work.

Compare Ashton Kutcher’s message of work, to California Surfer-Hipster Jason Greenslate’s glorification of food stamps.

EBT cards are now hip!

Tags: , , ,

Comments

96 Responses to “Ashton Kutcher gives great speech at Teen Choice Awards”

1. Tanker
    1 | August 14, 2013 6:19 pm

His speech was really good, but one has to wonder if the whole thing was a way to promote his new movie “JOBS”! I tend to be a little leery of anything coming out of Hollywood. :mrgreen:

2. 2 | August 14, 2013 6:20 pm

Good in Ashton Kutcher spreading a self help positive message.

3. 3 | August 14, 2013 6:22 pm

@ Tanker:

I’m glad someone is saying something constructive and positive. Whatever his motivations are, the message is good.

4. Tanker
    4 | August 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Actually it was a great message! Pardon me if I tend to not trust anything Hollywood! Their track record sucks!

5. 5 | August 14, 2013 6:27 pm

@ Tanker:

I get you and one never knows his motivation, I just wish more celebrities would make these type of speeches.

The Surfer-Hipster guy is really an ass. That video gets me angry. I am working, while he has a great life at my expense.

6. 6 | August 14, 2013 6:30 pm

Limbaugh played it today. Outstanding.
    You have cleanup on aisle three at DoD, toots. Dumbass is at it again. Pak’s not happy. Personally I favor telling him that if he does it again, Speranza and I will come to his house with the editing stick again.

7. 7 | August 14, 2013 6:31 pm

It gets YOU angry -- think about Dorian and I -- we’re paying for that asshole’s lobster!

8. 8 | August 14, 2013 6:33 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

10 years ago when I was 29, he would have been viewed as a loser. Instead he’s a rockstar getting girls and living a great life.

I think I should quit my job get food stamps and just chill in Miami Beach all day.

It’s totally radical!!!!!!!!!!
    ///

9 | August 14, 2013 6:33 pm

@ Tanker:

I got so angry I dropped off the radar…I refuse

10. 10 | August 14, 2013 6:36 pm

You wouldn’t be able to. It’s called a “work ethic.” You could do it if you won the lottery; you couldn’t do it at the expense of the hard work of others.

And really -- go next door. Even if it’s for a few minutes.

11. 11 | August 14, 2013 6:36 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

He dos not learn.

12. 12 | August 14, 2013 6:37 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

I just did an warned him again. Is he really that dense?

13 | August 14, 2013 6:37 pm

I think that there are more conservatives in Hollywood than you realized.

14 | August 14, 2013 6:38 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Limbaugh played it today. Outstanding.

I noticed the douchebag is back after being “nice” for a few days. By the way I am convinced that he is not the Stabby from LGF.

15. 15 | August 14, 2013 6:40 pm

@ Speranza:

I hope Kucthner speaks out like more. It really would make a difference in the popular culture. If the GOP had any brains, they would recruit him. It would go a long way to winning Low info voters.

16 | August 14, 2013 6:50 pm

I have to make sure Leia doesn’t see this picture

17. 17 | August 14, 2013 6:55 pm

@ Speranza:

The cool thing -- I asked Daedalus if we can count to 10 (today being 1). When we reach 10, you and I get take out the Edit hammer and do a little “reMODeling.”

18 | August 14, 2013 6:55 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    I just did an warned him again. Is he really that dense?

are you Daedalus?

19. 19 | August 14, 2013 6:59 pm

@ heysoos:

I just can’t figure it out -- you know, unlike the Bar Across the Street, DoD let him back in and he was fine for a couple days. I thought, okay, he’s calmed down. And then today, opened the starting gate and he was OFF!

I mean -- our big bad quote from Winston Churchill and the picture of Reagan apparently gave him fits.

20 | August 14, 2013 7:01 pm

I have to make sure Leia doesn’t see this picture

Don’t show her this one either.

21 | August 14, 2013 7:03 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ heysoos:
    I just can’t figure it out — you know, unlike the Bar Across the Street, DoD let him back in and he was fine for a couple days. I thought, okay, he’s calmed down. And then today, opened the starting gate and he was OFF!
    I mean — our big bad quote from Winston Churchill and the picture of Reagan apparently gave him fits.

maybe he hasn’t seen his mother in the shower for a while…when he does he might be jolly again….then again I’m not in the loop…I think I’m hanging out with folks I knew 8 years ago and don’t know it

22 | August 14, 2013 7:05 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    Is he from LGF?

23 | August 14, 2013 7:15 pm

@ huckfunn:

I can’t see her climbing any trees.

She might run into one headfirst, though.

24 | August 14, 2013 7:18 pm

Ace had http://minx.cc/?post=342445 for an open thread talking about some actors being ace morons

25. 25 | August 14, 2013 7:20 pm

@ heysoos:

26. 26 | August 14, 2013 7:21 pm

Supposedly. A poster named “Stabby” got the boot over at the Swamp for telling Lizards how they could avoid the Fabulous Fatass Money Making Ad Machine and he banned him. Showed up at DoD a couple hours later, saying he was Googling his name and LGF to see if anyone was talking about him. Which was suspect from jump street. But he never really got into the mock Fatass at DoD and instead derailed every thread with a political rant against anything on the right. Warned a lot that DoD was not the venue and to take it over here to the Mother Ship but he said he was turned off by our wimpy socialism quote at the photo of Reagan. After repeated warnings, finally got the heave ho for, essentially, wanting to argue politics on the playground.

Daedalus let him back in and he’s been good for a couple days and then he started in again. So another warning. Daedalus won’t ban him again but at the tenth warning, Speranza and I take out the edit pen and go after both his posts and his nic just for fun and humiliation.

27. 27 | August 14, 2013 7:22 pm

We think it’s actually a Loozard posing as Stabby in order to annoy people at the playground, by the way. The timing was too good.

29. brookly red
    29 | August 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Bono: “Capitalism takes more people out of poverty than aid”

true that.

give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish…

30. 30 | August 14, 2013 8:01 pm

I was going to do that as a thread!

31 | August 14, 2013 8:10 pm

brookly red wrote:

Bono: “Capitalism takes more people out of poverty than aid”
    true that.

give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish…

hunan fish!

32. yenta-fada
    32 | August 14, 2013 8:26 pm

OT The natural beauty of a falcon in a tree.

33 | August 14, 2013 8:29 pm

excellent choice

34 | August 14, 2013 8:31 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

OT The natural beauty of a falcon in a tree.

heh…I got rolled
    good one

35. brookly red
    35 | August 14, 2013 8:36 pm

brookly red wrote:

Bono: “Capitalism takes more people out of poverty than aid”
    true that.

give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish…

I might as well change my handle to hunan red

hunan fish!

36. brookly red
    36 | August 14, 2013 8:40 pm

heysoos wrote:

yenta-fada wrote:

OT The natural beauty of a falcon in a tree.

heh…I got rolled
    good one

me too… mugged by a yenta. sheesh

37 | August 14, 2013 8:40 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    Sounds like Staby is Gus or one of the kiddies.
    He must have a deluional image of himself as a agent provacateur.

38 | August 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Sounds like it.

39 | August 14, 2013 8:51 pm

@ brookly red:
    it was worth it tho…pass the Red Stripe

40 | August 14, 2013 8:54 pm

Gus is way to stupid to be stabby…stabby has his rap, Gus drools…stabby can afford his drugs, Gus snorts lighter fluid when he can steal it

41 | August 14, 2013 8:57 pm

heysoos wrote:

Staby is a new phenom to me. I haven’t been over to the DoD much.
    It sounds like he is just a shit disturber,

42 | August 14, 2013 9:05 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

OT The natural beauty of a falcon in a tree.

43. yenta-fada
    43 | August 14, 2013 9:06 pm

brookly red wrote:

heysoos wrote:
    yenta-fada wrote:
    OT The natural beauty of a falcon in a tree.
    heh…I got rolled
    good one
    me too… mugged by a yenta. sheesh

I’m not really a yenta. I just play one on the ‘net.

44. brookly red
    44 | August 14, 2013 9:06 pm

heysoos wrote:

Staby is a new phenom to me. I haven’t been over to the DoD much.
    It sounds like he is just a shit disturber,

heh without my glasses I read that as shit distributor

45. yenta-fada
    46 | August 14, 2013 9:10 pm

@ brookly red:
    That too.

47. 47 | August 14, 2013 9:15 pm

@ yenta-fada:

And THAT!…is an Aussie Falcon!

48. 48 | August 14, 2013 9:16 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Does that mean…you’re a Matchmaker? :cool:

49 | August 14, 2013 9:16 pm

Ok Rodan, you are the recognized authority on Hipsters here, what the fuck is up with those ugly fuckin’ grommet things in their ears?

50. yenta-fada
    50 | August 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Macker wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    And THAT!…is an Aussie Falcon!

I most certainly did not know that. I love the internest. :-)

51. brookly red
    51 | August 14, 2013 9:19 pm

The Osprey wrote:

uuh they are called “thumb grips” use your imagination…

52 | August 14, 2013 9:20 pm

I’m in the Bohemia Brewery in Midvale, UT, minding my own business, eating pierogies
    and drinking pilsner, and I have to see his grommet eared hipster freak.

Is there nowhere in the country to escape them?

53 | August 14, 2013 9:22 pm

brookly red wrote:

The Osprey wrote:

uuh they are called “thumb grips” use your imagination…

Woob woob woob woob! :lol:

54. yenta-fada
    54 | August 14, 2013 9:22 pm

Macker wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    Does that mean…you’re a Matchmaker?

Dunno. The net has a huge dating function, but nobody has ever called those companies ‘yentas’. lol

55. 55 | August 14, 2013 9:22 pm

@ The Osprey:

Anyone who ever sold you pierogi…SHOT!

56. yenta-fada
    56 | August 14, 2013 9:24 pm

brookly red wrote:

The Osprey wrote:
    uuh they are called “thumb grips” use your imagination…

Yikes! I cannot un-know that now.

57. brookly red
    57 | August 14, 2013 9:24 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Macker wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    Does that mean…you’re a Matchmaker?

yenta.com! brilliant, there is money to be made here ;)

58 | August 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Macker wrote:

@ yenta-fada:

And THAT!…is an Aussie Falcon!

It does look like a eucalyptus tree. Are there a bunch of koalas hanging out in it getting wasted?

59. brookly red
    59 | August 14, 2013 9:26 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

brookly red wrote:

The Osprey wrote:
    uuh they are called “thumb grips” use your imagination…

Yikes! I cannot un-know that now.

form follows function. (Bucky Fuller)

60 | August 14, 2013 9:27 pm

The Osprey wrote:

and drinking pilsner, and I have to see his grommet eared hipster freak.
    Is there nowhere in the country to escape them?

I skied out there a couple of times…great snow, great facilities…but you need a lawyer to get a fucking drink

61 | August 14, 2013 9:28 pm

Macker wrote:

@ The Osprey:

Anyone who ever sold you pierogi…SHOT!

???

62. yenta-fada
    62 | August 14, 2013 9:28 pm

@ The Osprey:

I prefer THIS gromit (dog) with his human (Wallace)

63. 63 | August 14, 2013 9:29 pm

@ The Osprey:

I have to ask around. Give me a few days and I will get to the bottom of it.

64 | August 14, 2013 9:29 pm

@ brookly red:
    my landlord was a student of Bucky Thought, among other stuff…he knew him and told me Bucky was a total nut…lore

65. 65 | August 14, 2013 9:30 pm

@ The Osprey:

Rasputin vs. Stalin

66. yenta-fada
    66 | August 14, 2013 9:33 pm

brookly red wrote:

yenta-fada wrote:
    Macker wrote:
    @ yenta-fada:
    Does that mean…you’re a Matchmaker?
    yenta.com! brilliant, there is money to be made here

I get lots of money making ideas. I’m the opposite of a salesperson though.

67. brookly red
    67 | August 14, 2013 9:33 pm

@ The Osprey:

I have to ask around. Give me a few days and I will get to the bottom of it.

your not gonna like what you find :)

68 | August 14, 2013 9:34 pm

brookly red wrote:

@ The Osprey:
    I have to ask around. Give me a few days and I will get to the bottom of it.

your not gonna like what you find

you ever get up to Queens?

69. brookly red
    69 | August 14, 2013 9:36 pm

heysoos wrote:

brookly red wrote:

@ The Osprey:
    I have to ask around. Give me a few days and I will get to the bottom of it.

your not gonna like what you find

you ever get up to Queens?

pass through alot

70 | August 14, 2013 9:38 pm

@ brookly red:
    muscle car capitol of New York state…have you ever driven a car?

71. brookly red
    71 | August 14, 2013 9:41 pm

heysoos wrote:

@ brookly red:
    muscle car capitol of New York state…have you ever driven a car?

once or twice…

72. yenta-fada
    72 | August 14, 2013 9:43 pm

Here’s an economist who believes the government should give everyone $3,000 gift cards for spending only. (not debt repayment or savings)

73. brookly red
    73 | August 14, 2013 9:46 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

well I would prefer giving everyone who WORKS a 3K tax break

74. 74 | August 14, 2013 9:53 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Its better than giving it to the Muzz!

75. brookly red
    75 | August 14, 2013 9:56 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Its better than giving it to the Muzz!

you know that is something that has been bothering me… chase an 0 clown with a bull big hysteria… burn an 0 dummy? foreign aid. wtf

76. 76 | August 14, 2013 9:58 pm

@ brookly red:

This nation’s priorities are messed up. This Cali Hipster ebt guy really irks me.

77. brookly red
    77 | August 14, 2013 9:59 pm

@ brookly red:

nothing wrong with him a year on a chain gang couldn’t fix…

78. 78 | August 14, 2013 10:05 pm

@ brookly red:

OK, how’s about an Income Tax Holiday for two years?

79. 79 | August 14, 2013 10:06 pm

@ brookly red:

Send him to Tent City!

80. yenta-fada
    80 | August 14, 2013 10:12 pm

@ brookly red:

When you listen to Cali Hipster talk, it’s clear that he’s a guy going nowhere. He sounds and acts like a jerk. He’s a LOSER with a tan who will end up on the street.

81. 81 | August 14, 2013 10:13 pm

@ yenta-fada:

See DOD, I believe this is what Charles Johnson’s son would be like.

82. yenta-fada
    82 | August 14, 2013 10:14 pm

Macker wrote:

@ brookly red:
    OK, how’s about an Income Tax Holiday for two years?

That might be the craziest thing you have ever said. lol

83 | August 14, 2013 10:16 pm

heysoos wrote:

The Osprey wrote:

and drinking pilsner, and I have to see his grommet eared hipster freak.
    Is there nowhere in the country to escape them?

Not since the Winter Olympics in 2002. This place has a serious brew pub culture now.
    See there is something we can thank Mitt Romney for! :lol:
    Google Squatter’s, Bohemia Brewery, Wasatch Brewing Company.

Wasatch is famous for their “Polygamy Porter”…”you can’t have just one” and “bring some home for the wives”!

Bohemia is run by an old Czech guy from Zlin. Seriously good Pilsner and German and Slavic food.

84 | August 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Obama mask rodeo clown invited to Texas by Rep. Steve Stockman.

Something tells me this guy is going to be a fixture on the Texas rodeo circuit.

86. 86 | August 14, 2013 11:02 pm

@ The Osprey:

This is just the 1st step to ban any mockery of any Democrat President.

87. 87 | August 14, 2013 11:22 pm

Damn it… My laptop died on me this morning…

88. 88 | August 14, 2013 11:25 pm

The California Hipster guy really is getting me mad. I bust my ass to work and he lives the good life.

89. Calo
    89 | August 14, 2013 11:28 pm

Heh, wait until you have kids.

90. 90 | August 14, 2013 11:34 pm

@ Calo:

This guy is just a jerk

91. Calo
    91 | August 14, 2013 11:43 pm

No, I wasn’t referring to him.
    Just to your comment about busting your ass at work so your kid can lead a good life.
    It’s what we all end up doing.

Carry on.

92. 92 | August 14, 2013 11:48 pm

@ Calo:

That’s different. A Parent voluntarily does that for their kid. This clown is a leech and thinks he’s cool using food stamps for lobsters.

93. 93 | August 15, 2013 4:05 am

No OOT? Not that it would have gotten much use anyway, apparently.

94. 94 | August 15, 2013 4:18 am

@ Mike C.:

Slow news night I guess….I’m trying to get back to sleep. Wish me luck!

95. 95 | August 15, 2013 4:50 am

Well, at least there aren’t dozens of music videos by people I never heard of…

96. 96 | August 15, 2013 5:35 am

Good morning one and all. A pier and a lighthouse. All part of the Great Canadian Photo Walk.